Video game journalism

Home Forums Video game journalism

Anything related to the online journalism/blogging/content creation industry, centered around video games in particular. Opinions, hot scoops about opportunities and players, and all things adjacent to video game journalism. RSS
Viewing 16 topics - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Forum rules, FAQ, etc

How do I get an account?
      You don’t need an account to post, but if you still want one and you’re a consistent poster, you can ask for one. Login details will be sent to your email if approved. If you have contributed two or more stories you also generally get one.

in: Meta
    • How much are youtubers paid for these Raid Shadow Legends mentions any way?

>two minutes in the video the guy stops abruptly to talk about Raid Shadow Legends
      >his advertisement is interrupted by an ad about Raid Shadow Legends

(+14 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-07-21 07:20:21:

VISIT BESTRX.STORE

https://bestrx.store
      https://u.nu/bestrx

There are plenty of bartending and mixology terms that professionals and hobbyists in cocktail mixing should know if they want to impress … In February, LYTT decided to switch up the flavor in LYTT Blue Bomb from blue raspberry to an “AMF” cocktail, which is a blue Long Island iced tea that uses … Welcome to Laithwaite’s Wine, the UK’s No.1 destination for buying wine online. Choose from 1200 wines, spirits and gifts – with delivery direct to your door. Donald Trump and the Republicans in Congress are trying to take away America’s health care by repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA), slashing Medicaid, … Men’s Health is the brand men live by for fitness, nutrition, health, sex, style, grooming, tech, weight loss, and more.

89343c6630ee08becaf3f4a15f1c0950

• Streamer only versions of video games should be illegal

>game developer flags streamers for a special game build that has better rng to make the game seem more appealing to stream viewers so they buy the game expecting it to be more fun than it really is
      why is this legal?

(+3 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-23 09:56:40:

glowie spotted

• Did game journalism die with magazines?

did game journalism die with magazines

(+11 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-22 08:18:28:

I followed GAMEStm for the longest time. Then there was some huge WhiteKnight issue and coincidentally they stopped being shipped to the store I picked them up at immediately after.

• Game journos are making fun of Death Stranding as a “walking simulator” but:

Why are some game journalists totally fine with making fun of Death Stranding being a “walking simulator”, but make articles calling gamers toxic when gamers make fun of Gone Home, Tacoma, What Remains of Edith Finch, Rapture, Life is Strange etc?

Why do some game journalists call gamers who wanted a different Mass Effect 3 ending “entitled” and then proceed to demand From Software add Easy Mode in their games?

(+8 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-14 01:01:45:

>all journos are the same person

• >Game journalism

>Game journalism

(+4 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-11 18:28:32:

LOL R U SUR???111

• Video game journalism, 2020.

Video game journalism, 2020.

(+24 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-09 04:09:29:

>POOPS AND SHITS
      I need the scientific definition on the difference between a poop and a shit please.

• why is kotaku like this?

why is kotaku

(+28 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-08 22:24:29:

>mfw used to religiously read gaming press when I was 14-16 then stopped entirely and now can't understand why anyone would watch anything other than a few boomers on youtube whose taste they like who will actually play a game to its completion, months after release if need be unlike these "reviewers" who have been shown to be hacks over and over again
      seriously, why

• I can’t gently caressing do this shit anymore, bros

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2020/01/08/the-sexiness-of-control

When I was a kid, I felt as though being a games journalist would be a noble cause. Sure it would be useless in terms of the actual value it brought or the neccessity of the career path in question, but perhaps I could shine a light on the great stories, the hidden talents, the creative intents behind certain teams coming together and making a game despite all of the odds.

[...]
      (+4 replies)
      Last reply at 2020-01-08 22:15:41:

I do, truly, agree with you. But I'm going to use the follow meme arrows to help myself think of some ways that would legitimize written and published content in the gaming space.
      >Gaming history analogs, providing the context of game design trends to a younger audience.
      >Defending injustices in the gaming space or providing more context to them, such as exploring Battlestate's recent claim that women in games would take resources to develop and that this wouldn't be worth their time at the moment. Is that true? If so, how can we thoroughly repel the SJW hordes through complete, well-sourced fact?
      >Writing of hidden secrets in games, build guides, anything that allows a player to practically gain the most from their playing interaction should they need it.
      >Technical reviews for gaming hardware, including graphic optimization guides.
      >Bringing old titles back to the surface, lessening ignorance that old games on old consoles=bad.
      >Discussing and bringing game preservation efforts to maintstream understanding.
      >Pro-consumer work showcasing exactly why measures such as DRM-free titles are so important to the future of the platform.

All of that is just off the top of my head and pretty much fits into the investigative journalism part you mentioned, to some degree at least, but I think there's more potential there than 'lol this game wimmin stronk'.

Viewing 16 topics - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Create New Topic in “Video game journalism”
Your information:

Upload image to imgur:

Clicking submit = agreeing with the rules. Good posts may get edited and promoted to a blog post.