2021… I’m forgotten…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard 2021… I’m forgotten…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

2021… I’m forgotten…

Anonymous

Disappointing we haven’t seen more yet. It feels like square is overcorrecting after the production bog fiasco that was XV.

Anonymous

I love this fucking bird more than my life.

Anonymous

But do you want to fuck the bird even at the cost of your own life?

Anonymous

I can’t believe how hard they fell, I’m mean surely internally they must know that, XVI is not at the quality expected by fans. Jesus they were so creative in building fantasy worlds like no one else. I wonder how fucked it really is behind the scenes.

Anonymous

the fuck you mean
        looks good so far, just not much shown

Anonymous

People are always going to be negative about final fantasy.

Anonymous

With good reason after some of the recent games.

Anonymous

dude what

Looks like MMO assets used to make a main line FF game. This isn’t FF it’s a joke.

Anonymous

ur life is a joke

Anonymous

dude what

Anonymous

>XVI is not at the quality expected by fans
        I know it’s bait but it’s being made by the best team at square enix, and quality is guaranteed. The trailer you saw is something slapped together at the last minute because sony wanted it. If it were up to Yoshida, there’d be only one trailer, with a release date, a pre-order, and a demo. And there’s supposedly a demo in december. After Endwalker releases the marketing for FF16 will ramp up.

Anonymous

ur life is a joke

hey if you keep eating the shit they’ll keep serving it.
          I can’t seriously believe anyone is defending that fucking trailer. It’s like they don’t even know what makes FF FF. Face it they fucked up XIII, XV and remakeVII +KH3, XVI isn’t going to be different they are cooked as a dev team.

Anonymous

The creator of the damn series doesn’t mind what FF has become. Matter fact he encourages devs to try shit out. Why makes YOU the one who have any say as to what the series should be you fucking faggot.

Anonymous

>The creator of the damn series doesn’t mind what FF has become

Maybe he fucking should, if he doesn’t give a fuck about the series pass it over to someone who does and not drag it through the dirt because his to cooked listen to the fans.

Anonymous

Sakaguchi is old and senile. He was seething about XIII, saying it’s not Final Fantasy. Then he praised XV and Tabata saying it’s a real FF. He recently got into XIV and likes it so far.

Anonymous

Yeah, one look at FFXVI and you can see that the series is going through a serious identity crisis and they want to play it safe this time by copying shit from other JRPGs/WRPGs that is guaranteed to appeal to the widest demographic and sell. Too bad it makes the product a soulless corporate cashgrab that will be forgotten pretty quickly, because Soulsborne, Witcher, Kingdom Come, DMC have their own established fan bases and they won’t suddenly jump the ship to play FFXVI because they see some familiar elements. In fact, pandering to other fan bases is what usually kills your IP since you alienate your core fans and this is what they did with the last 5 games.

Anonymous

>FFI copies DQ, Ultima and Wizadry, no one bats an eye
          >FFVI being steampunk, no one bats an eye
          >FFVII being modern, no one bats an eye
          >FFIX back into fantasy, no one bats an eye
          >FFXV back to modern, no one bats an eye
          >FFXVI into medieval fantasy, OMG THEY’RE ARE HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISIS!
          Yeah nah, fuck off, and fuck you.

Anonymous

This. FF being all over the place is literally part of its identity, none of the main games have been anything like the preceding one since maybe 7 to 8 and even then 8 did some wacky shit.

Anonymous

Barry, stop talking to yourself. This isn’t even funny anymore.

Anonymous

Demo in december

Anonymous

prease understand… i am very tired

Anonymous

Shut the fuck up Barry

Anonymous

They are not showing anything because Yoshi-P can’t stand criticism after being used to have his ass kissed by XIV fags for so long. See, his reaction on picrelated after a failed trailer roll.

Anonymous

I mean, he has a point. Better to show an actual gameplay trailer to prove the game is at least partially done compared to showing a cinematic trailer with zero gameplay.

Anonymous

>prerendered trailer affects how long the game is in development
        Nice logical fallacy.

Anonymous

If you show a prerendered trailer with nothing else, it is not unreasonable for people to assume you don’t have much to show otherwise.

Anonymous

If he "can’t stand" criticism, why is he actually trying to tackle the issue of said criticism. People who "can’t stand" criticism will usually ignore the criticism and do whatever the fuck they want. What kind of a retard are you?

Anonymous

>literally got scared that another FF16 trailer might be received poorly
          >halts the marketing in response
          Okay?

Anonymous

>FFXV was marketed out the ass
            >Sold well but is widely hated due to Tabata’s incompetence and it being over hyped from their marketing campaign
            >Yoshida doesn’t want to repeat that

Anonymous

I had to watching a whole fucking movie which should have just been a better prologue in the actual game lmao. Worst fucking marketing decisions I’ve seen for a flagship release.

Anonymous

Kingsglaive was pretty good though… Not sure why Regis was voiced by Sean Bean in the movie but not the game, but it was decent

Anonymous

You’re insane kingsglaive was 10 times more enjoyable than anything in FF15.

Anonymous

xv was not very good but it tabata should be credited with at least salvaging the game from the utterly failed incomplete mess that nomura wasted 6 years on

Anonymous

>utterly failed incomplete mess
                So, Tabata’s FFXV Universe?

Anonymous

For me it’s the ridiculous monetization that really killed 15. It’s all so frivolous and unnecessary.

Anonymous

>Tabata cut who knows how much stuff from nomura’s original game
                    >Tries to re-add it as DLC when the game starts to sell
                    >Finished the last two parts as a novel

It really does make you think that Squenix got tired of him trying to ‘fix’ 15 with the stuff he shouldn’t have cut, also makes you think the reason he left is because they weren’t going to let him direct another mainline.

Anonymous

>the reason he left
                      Didn’t leave, got booted. Tabata may have fucked up big time but is not petty enough to start burning bridges when there is even a slightest chance he might come back. It’s easier to simply say he left.

Anonymous

tabatas game came out so while it is a mess it was actually completed. Nomura only had 20% of the game after years of "work" when he was fired from the project which means he didn’t even have a combat system worked out let alone zones or characters

Anonymous

have a nice day already, Australian shitskin.

Anonymous

He’s from Melbourne. It’s a well known fact that all Melbourners are mentally ill schizos

Anonymous

barry wouldnt post anything even remotely critical of xv

Anonymous

Haccaл тeбe в poт, хyecoc.

Anonymous

>What kind of a retard
          The "barrington" kind

Anonymous

Not hack: knowing that your company likes to announce things early announce the game, show gameplay footage and/or CG cinematics with a defined release window
        Hack: knowing that your company likes to announce things early show a PS3 tier looking gameplay footage and in-engine cutscenes, don’t say anything about release window, cry on the livestream tgat you’re being bullied by gaijin and that garbage graphics act as an insurance that your game is coming soon(tm)

Anonymous

Th graphics look fucking fine. gtf outta here

Anonymous

The lighting is pretty bad. Like that first Infinite trailer.

Anonymous

Once again, Barry is btfo’d by common sense.

Anonymous

>Yoshida is credited with saving Final Fantasy 14 from near disaster
        >It is now SquareEnix’s most profitable FF ever with 24 Milion players

Pretty sure they’re going to give him the budget he needs for what he wants to do, he doesn’t come across as going all out with 4D stuff like say Nomura.

He means its better to show actual gameplay than a pre rendered trailer, how the hell did you get ‘he cant take criticism’ from that barry?

Anonymous

XV will always be the worst FFgame ever exist.

Anonymous

*XII

Anonymous

I find the XIII trilogy to be worse

Anonymous

Chaos.

Anonymous

The least ambitious Final Fantasy in history.

Anonymous

You already said 20 posts up. Get a new script, Barry.

Anonymous

>BARRYBARRYBARRYBARRY
      Local tranny is mindbroken by a low IQ shitposter.

Anonymous

Final Fantasy XVI doesn’t have anyone excited. It’s kind of remarkable. Sony started off their September Showcase showing off a brand new Final Fantasy game. They assured their audience that the game would be console exclusive to Playstation. They showed a new trailer, some new gameplay, and set the stage for the next entry in Final Fantasy. And not a single person cared.

The Death of Final Fantasy has been long been discussed in fan circles. On internet message boards and in TheSpoonyOne videos. The games have felt like they have been getting worse for a very long time. I myself have stopped playing new ones since the tenth entry. For the past several years, I’ve been wondering just when Final Fantasy would drop out of favor with the public. I think that time is now. I think Final Fantasy has made so many critical mistakes over the years, so many missteps, made so many poor decisions, that absolutely no one is excited for this newest entry. I myself watched the trailer and found that not a single thing looked interesting. The new characters were drab and boring. The setting just looks like typical medieval Europe with Chocobos. And the combat is the same tired real time system that people hated in Final Fantasy XV.

Everything about this, from the uninteresting characters to the stubborn refusal to return to turn based combat systems to the years of bad entries in this franchise seems to have caused a collapse of interest from audiences. The official Final Fantasy XVI trailer has less than 3 million views on Youtube. This is remarkable considering games from considerably smaller IPs have gotten about two times as much. There is no real enthusiasm or interest in Final Fantasy XVI. There is no excitement, there is no speculation, there is no cautious optimism. There. is. Nothing. Other than from a scant few Youtubers trying to act excited for their audience. Final Fantasy XVI feels like it got considerably less attention than a lot of games like it.

Anonymous

How long have you had this sitting there Barry?

Anonymous

>The setting just looks like typical medieval Europe with Chocobos

The general consensus is the games should have a ‘fantasy’ look to them so yeah, they got that correct so far, 9 is often said to be one of the ‘best’ examples of what final fantasy ‘should’ look like

>And the combat is the same tired real time system that people hated in Final Fantasy XV.

Yeah and yet barry can’t get enough of it, if anything the battle system in 16 will be even better than the one in 15.

16 will be fine, after ten god damn years waiting for 15 some of us want to see an actual ‘FANTASY’ setting in ‘FINAL FANTASY’ again, so you know, cope or whatever.

Anonymous

New trailer when?

Anonymous

Hey man, do you like have any friends IRL?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

we’re 100% BLACK

Anonymous

me too

Anonymous

galo sengen

Anonymous

GO GO GO GO GO GO

Anonymous

GO

Anonymous

ye

Anonymous

yet here we are.

Anonymous

Final Fantasy XVI is a mediocre disappointment

Anonymous

It’s not even out Barry. God I can’t wait for the sheer amount of seething you will do post launch though.

Anonymous
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.