American voice actors suck.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard American voice actors suck.

• This topic has 225 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

American voice actors suck.
      Literally the only western game with good voice acting is dark souls, and only because they used brit voice actors.

Anonymous

>t.

Anonymous

NO THAT’S WRONG!

Anonymous

>I’m really feeling it!
      yeah no

Anonymous

But why?

There’s no way talented people don’t exist in the US.

Anonymous

They’re forced to use their shitty "iconic" voice even if they’re good at voice acting.

Anonymous

Their iconic voice, without fail, every time, is the one that allows them the most range. You can’t only get so far when you’re forcing your voice to do something unnatural.

Anonymous

steve blum guilmon is the best

Anonymous

Nepotism and forcing a certain voice rather than someone who can act.

Anonymous

They’re forced to use their shitty "iconic" voice even if they’re good at voice acting.

Nepotism and forcing a certain voice rather than someone who can act.

When talking to an American you have to realise you’re not talking to a real human being. It’s a fact that television shows like Friends have impacted the way Americans speak and behave. They go through their daily lives putting on a performance based on fictional characters, even in front of their closest family and friends. So when an American needs to act, it’s their "normal" fiction based personality with several layers of irony on top, which is what acting is to them and video games are low on the pay scale amongst these poorly skilled actors.

based anti-american analyser

what ever meds you take get back on them

Anonymous

Kys melanoid.
          American VA suck dick and think they are hot shit when they are really nothing fucking special.

Anonymous

they just used dub actors since that was an already established infrastructure

Anonymous

>Dark Souls
        >western game

Voice Actor’s Guild or whatever the fuck it’s called
        FromSoft used British radio casting agencies, which are both cheaper and more effective. You can see the same effect in FFXIV where they changed every VA in the game after ARR and it’s universally considered a massive improvement.

Anonymous

What was this image meant to convey in relation to this post/thread? That some schizo on /poo/ was wrong?

Anonymous

IIRC it’s because the dedicated VAs are all in one very crony focused guild, and they get their tendies in a twist if you try hiring outside them. It means that if you want a big name, you have to get all the bottom feeders along with them.
        It doesn’t help that big names tend to be famous for one voice rather than just being good, so they tend to phone it in with said voice (which is also why you should avoid any celebrity casts like the fucking plague unless they’ve got a record of doing voice work, or are with a company who can handle them).

Games that just hire a bunch of theatre, tv or radio actors tend to do better.

Anonymous

what’s weird is some of the big names genuinely are good, but still only get hired for once voice
          I doubt I’d actually be able to identify arkham origins joker as troy baker if I didn’t know beforehand

Anonymous

A lot of blame falls on the direction.
            Dawn of war, for example, had a lot of fairly big names for the time, but still managed to get brilliant performances out of all of them. I’d never have believed that Gorgutz was voiced by fucking Vegeta, for example.

Anonymous

Because it’s about who you know not your talent. You could be a genius smarter than Einstein go to Harvard or Yale graduate with perfect scores and set scholastic records. But none of that would matter because the fag with 80 iq who got in with daddy’s money and had grades paid for would get the job because his college friends 3rd cousins father worked for the company and just have him the job

Anonymous

Yeah, some are good
        It’s just another thread for people who will NEVER be japanese. No matter how much they shrink their dick

Anonymous

They do but weinstein style libs run dub and localization houses

Anonymous

Its not just the VAs themselves but also the people in charge of voice directing, the retards basically hire the same voice faggots like Yuri or JYB and tells them to do that voice everyone recognizes from them rather than to have some range.

Anonymous

>Literally the only western game with good voice acting is dark souls, and only because they used brit voice actors.
        Also Shadow Tactics, for…the same reason.
        There are good American voice actors too, they just don’t operate in the generic US voice acting circuit.

It’s not about talent, it’s about who you know. The US voice acting circuit is mostly focused around LA and all the screen actor drop outs who hang out there (this is probably changing as voice acting gets more prestigious among zoomers thanks to anime and vidya). But the main thing is that the people who know people who know producers are shit at acting, so it just spreads out from there.
        Compare that to the two good Brit voice acting examples we just mentioned. These companies used actors who’re in the London stage/BBC circuit, which is also nepotistic and incestuous as fuck (not to mention classist) but which also contains actually good actors. Then compare it to Xenoblade, which fucking sucks, because they didn’t do this and instead used VAs mostly known for vidya shit.

Anonymous

Stage trained actors seem to make better VAs in general. Four of the Ubersreik Five from Vermintide are stage actors (I couldn’t find anything about stage for Kruber’s, but my quick search turned up very little in general about the guy), for example, and as far as I’m aware they’re all pretty much literal whos.

Anonymous

Oh, wow. I hadn’t actually looked it up, but Vermintide has hands down the best voice acting of any game I’ve ever played.

Anonymous

>But why?
        >There’s no way talented people don’t exist in the US.
        Because Hollywood. Because actors who couldn’t make it in the movie industry got funnelled down to voice acting instead as a "safety" net / last resort.
        Then those failures built networks around themselves as they established themselves as the voice acting industry. But it doesn’t change the fact that they were born from failed actors and that failed actors remain their core. And that also lowered the bar so much that it opened the door to untrained hacks and z-list ecelebs or lolcow memesters thinking they can be voice actors because they’ve done youtube videos to an audience of dozens.

Meanwhile actors in Britain actually train and live theatre. Does that mean there are no bad British actors? Of course not but it does fundamentally set them apart, and it includes voice acting and voice roles where your face isn’t even present.
        And in Japan voice acting is a legitimate industry that people go to school for, where they dream and explicitly yearn to be a voice actor first and foremost and it isn’t just something they fail into.

TL;DR: In America voice acting has always played second fiddle or worse to other industries.

Anonymous

Yeah they all sound so monotonous

Anonymous

>ah slept liak a baybeh

Anonymous

soul

Anonymous

Bad voice actors:

Robin Atkin Downes
      Nolan North
      Steve Blum
      Tara Strong
      Laura Bailey
      Troy Baker
      Yuri Lowenthal
      Liam O’Brien
      Jennifer Hale
      Ashly Burch

Anonymous

>Robin Atkin Downes
        >Nolan North
        >Steve Bluml
        >Liam O’Brien

Anonymous

he is just posting names he see

Anonymous

I bet you didn’t even watch GTO

Anonymous

i did and I read the manga and the prequel. they’re pretty good.

Is Reuben Langdon a bad voice actor for Dante?

he’s alright now. he was a bit rough in dmc3 since that was his first VA gig but he got better over time.

Anonymous

You’re right I read it.

Anonymous

>Steve Blum
        HMMM
        NO
        I THINK NOT
        >Eliphas, you treasonous dog!

Anonymous

>Robin Atkin Downes
        >Nolan North
        >Steve Blum
        >Liam O’Brien
        really?

Anonymous

Literally zero range.

Anonymous

>Liam O’Brien
          Is that the guy with the non-stop autistic moaning? Shit makes me want to choke people.

Anonymous

Probably the guy who voice League cancer and almost every guy in New Vegas for some reason.

Anonymous

>untalented hacks who say things in monotone
        >dork souls writing has them end every sentence with an awkward laugh
        >this is quality to you
        You must have some seriously shit taste. Unionized actors are mediocre at best, but that’s a hell of a blanket statement.

Oh, so you’re baiting with contrarianism. Carry on.

Anonymous

op is a dumbass weeb

Anonymous

When talking to an American you have to realise you’re not talking to a real human being. It’s a fact that television shows like Friends have impacted the way Americans speak and behave. They go through their daily lives putting on a performance based on fictional characters, even in front of their closest family and friends. So when an American needs to act, it’s their "normal" fiction based personality with several layers of irony on top, which is what acting is to them and video games are low on the pay scale amongst these poorly skilled actors.

Anonymous

based anti-american analyser

Anonymous

I don’t know about hat, but there is something really uncanny about the way anglos in general express themselves when they’re talking about themselves, it’s like they’re holding a very pompous but amateurish monologue

Anonymous

That just sounds like autism

Anonymous

Anglos were always theatrical schizos.
        Water is wet.

Anonymous

You’re a fucking fool.

Anonymous
        Anonymous
        Anonymous

I would say this is masterful bait but I honestly agree

Anonymous

People will claim this is bait, but it’s true people especially city people are soulless husks

Anonymous

Absolutely Based.

Anonymous

Incredible maximum levels of based and those who disagree don’t understand the truth.

Americans love doing this shit, its no wonder why when you go on TikTok its full of this stupid shit.

Anonymous

When talking to a Japanese you have to realise you’re not talking to a real human being. It’s a fact that anime shows like Naruto have impacted the way Japanese speak and behave. They go through their daily lives putting on a performance based on fictional characters, even in front of their closest family and friends. So when a Nipponese needs to act, it’s their "normal" fiction based personality with several layers of irony on top, which is what acting is to them and video games are low on the pay scale amongst these poorly skilled actors.

Anonymous

I don’t thnk you’re NO U-ing a Japanese person there for some reason, anon.

Anonymous

Pretty much every recognizable voice actor fancies himself an A-list Hollywood superstar. That comes with all the baggage of Hollywood stars: narcissism, a low opinion of others, and dumbass leftist opinions

Anonymous

Most voice actors suck and should be paid minimum wage at best. Talking in your normal voice is just unskilled labor. Instead we have faggots out here you expect triple figure salaries. If you can’t do more than 5 completely different voices you don’t deserve to even be called an actor. I can’t wait for AI to replace them all, it can’t come soon enough.

Anonymous

>actors
        >salaries
        I don’t think you know how the entertainment industry works.

Anonymous

https://youtu.be/gpu09dt6ZiY?t=113
      This delivery gives me fucking chills

How do they do it

Anonymous

why do weebs love to pretend they have the best voice acting?

Anonymous

i am not a weeb, but japanese sounds cool, specially for the fact that i dont understand it, when i did not know english i tought it was extremely cool too

Anonymous

British theatre actors are the best, get anyone who has appeared on an episode of The Bill or Casualty.

Playing Avengers right now and Laura Bailey is dreadful. Sounds like she took a deep breath in every time she speaks.

Anonymous

>Playing Avengers
        lol as if anyone should cares what your opinion is

Anonymous
        Anonymous

I’ll give her a break she’s been voicing Goku for decades

Anonymous

https://youtu.be/MELY2o1VyRo?t=213

>when a voice gives you a boner

Anonymous

Why does Laura Bailey get work? She sounds so monotonous and bored all the time. Her voice is fucking dull that it’s actually beginning to stand out to me when I hear it. Is it possible for someone to be so lacking in personality that they become actively annoying instead of fading into obscurity?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Anon, I’m dead serious.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

why do people pretend souls games are not fucking atrocious va-wise?
      yes literally sound like they hired burnt out druggies off the street

Anonymous

he sounds sad so he good

Anonymous

>yes literally sound like they hired burnt out druggies off the street
        To play… characters who’re losing/lost their minds… Almost like that’s the point, you absolute melt.

Anonymous

I think that was kinda the point. You’re exploring a dead civilization full of mentally ill burnt out bums.

so then why do they all sound equally retarded?
          why do the stable characters sound no different than the ones who literally go hollow 5 minutes later?

Anonymous

Nobody is stable, literally no one.

Anonymous

bullshit
              there are literally characters who are not even capable of turning hollow, not just in game, but by the nature of their being

Anonymous

That’s not true, while most die if you complete their questlines, Patches lives.

Anonymous

I think that was kinda the point. You’re exploring a dead civilization full of mentally ill burnt out bums.

>yes literally sound like they hired burnt out druggies off the street
              To play… characters who’re losing/lost their minds… Almost like that’s the point, you absolute melt.

Explain Sekiro and Bloodborne

Anonymous

Sekiro’s dub was outsourced to americans and it sucks. What’s there to explain?

Anonymous

>mitsubishi san we need someone to play braindead zombies or whatever lol
                  >let us call the britbongs kawasaki chan, they are cheap and fit the role perfectly
                  >what about the voices for our brave, strong, dignified and glorious samurai characters, embodying the exalted virtues of great nippon
                  >there is only one nation that could do he’s values justice
                  >is it bongistan wwwwwwww
                  >wwwwwwwww but really make such a remark again and you’re fired
                  is this why bongoloids are so butthurt?

Anonymous

I don’t know what you’re trying to say, but Sekiro was made in Japanese. The Souls games were made in English.

Anonymous

Anonymous

>obsession thread
      yep, it’s europoor hours

Anonymous

That’s 24/7/364.25

Anonymous

Hehe amelica rooks rike a fish cut in harf by a chirese katana
        Made fol BBC!

Anonymous

Britlards really think their voice acting sounds good? Lmfaooo. Muhammad, I’ll agree that our voice acting isn’t very good either but no one likes your disgusting cockney screeching. You faggots ruined XBC2.

Anonymous

Your women seem to like our accents. Picking up American girls as a Brit is so easy it’s not even satisfying.

Anonymous

>matthew faggoter
      I disagree that all of them suck but I have to agree with you when you post this huge faggot.

Anonymous

Yeah, can we just focus on hating this faggot piece of shit?

Anonymous

Of course. Ahem-
          I HATE THAT STUPID FAGGOT MATTHEW MERCER I WISH HE’D JUST DIE ALREADY THAT melanoid LOVING FAGGOT RUINED MY FAVOURITE TABLETOP GAME WITH THIS RETARDED FANFICTIONS AND THE STUPID, IDIOT, FAGGOT TROONS WHO FOLLOW HIM AND INFESTED THE D&D COMMUNITY, MAKING IT WORSE THAN IT ALREADY WAS.

Cough, cough. That was all, gentleman.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Of course. Ahem-
        I HATE THAT STUPID FAGGOT MATTHEW MERCER I WISH HE’D JUST DIE ALREADY THAT melanoid LOVING FAGGOT RUINED MY FAVOURITE TABLETOP GAME WITH THIS RETARDED FANFICTIONS AND THE STUPID, IDIOT, FAGGOT TROONS WHO FOLLOW HIM AND INFESTED THE D&D COMMUNITY, MAKING IT WORSE THAN IT ALREADY WAS.

Anonymous

Of course. Ahem-

Mercer is a gigantic faggot and I unironically wish a painful death to every Critical Role subhuman.

>tourists are literally incapable of separating art from artist
        >unironically shit their pants over lolitics and twitter posts
        Protip: Chances are, every actor you like has retarded political takes or opinions you disagree with. Can’t you get your heads out of your collective anuses for one second and think about something other than american politics?

Anonymous

>think about something other than american politics?
          2016 killed any chance of that happening. Anything and everything has to be viewed through a political lens courtesy of election tourists.

Anonymous

Burger here. I’m also just sick of politics, but it can’t be ignored anymore.

Anonymous

yes they can you are just to stupid to do so

Anonymous

Ignoring it results in the situation we have now. Normies let nepotistic Boomers form cabals and hacktivists to taint almost every big piece of pop culture out there.

Anonymous

>muh election tourists

Maybe they were always here, dipshit. This is literally just another "Remember when this board was good", and that’s been going on since the site’s inception.

Anonymous

Yeah, right. This sure was a slacktivist den back when
              >the internet is serious business
              was still a joke

Anonymous

Of course. Ahem-

jelly of success

Anonymous

Mercer is an old chan faggot who used to frequent cons, I met him at a few – no that does not mean we’re friends or that we would recognize one another, I only remember him after seeing his D&D show and talking with friends about it – he’s posted about being an "oldfag" on twitter before he got super into left-leaning politics.

What happened to him? He got married to an ultra-liberal hippie and probably adopted some of her views, which is what inevitably happens in relationships. I don’t particularly like his D&D show (or at least his most recent campaign, he seemed to pull a lot of punches and it all seemed suspiciously scripted), but his voicework is not bad. He is a far better Leon than the new guy at the very least.

Anonymous

Critical Role is a scripted sham; characters aren’t allowed to die unless its part of the plot.
          Matt Mercer is a great VA and I love his Kobolds & Catacombs song for Hearthstone but his contribution to CR has led D&D to shambles which shows in the Tasha/5.5E content.

Anonymous

whats this "he/him" bullshit?

Anonymous

You see that redheaded bitch in the header?

Guess where it came from.

Anonymous

>muh soles
      How to spot a shitter
      Shit thread, delete

Anonymous

looks like weebs are haveing there weekly meltdown

Anonymous

and ESLs trickling back onto Ganker

Anonymous

Mercer is a gigantic faggot and I unironically wish a painful death to every Critical Role subhuman.

Anonymous

cope faggot

Anonymous

just due to the theatrical tradition
      whereas yankistanis hire failed TV actors or other such subhumans

Anonymous

>yankistanis
        Ok that was a good one

Anonymous

t. bongistani khan

Anonymous

Can’t say I’ve noticed but I don’t really play games to listen to characters.

Anonymous

>British VAs
      I will now play your game.

Anonymous

Just because you’re jealous of them and they’re popular doesn’t mean they’re bad voice actors, Anon. Take your meds.

Anonymous

Eat the rich. This guy is worth 9 million

Anonymous

I’ll never understand the seething vitriol you yuros have for us. It isn’t reciprocal. Most Americans love Europeans and European shit. The hell did we ever do to you?

Anonymous

It’s normal for peasants to hate the king.

Anonymous

>The hell did we ever do to you?

Anonymous

>uses American media to cry about Americans
          euros in a nutshell

Anonymous

you can say garden gnomes

Anonymous

Rod Serling is a garden gnome.

Anonymous

Yes, many in the media are. It’s more about the Twilight Zone, obviously.

Anonymous

False. The USA has only been good to you. Don’t blame us that you decided to buy the corporate shit. Globohomo HQ is Europe. If anything, we should despise you.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Explain this

Anonymous

Eyetie types in ‘coon,’ gets banned for bad word

Anonymous

fucking KEK
          american politics have ruined the planet

Anonymous

lmao

Anonymous

that’s a wonderful clip

Anonymous

There’s a handful of decent american voice actors, I think the issue is there’s no quality control whatsoever. You see it in the dubbing scene for anime too. British actors and by extension voice actors are usually classically trained, hence their overrepresentation in media.

Anonymous

You can be as much of a passive aggressive bitch as you want, mr VA, but you ain’t getting my (you)

Anonymous

The problem with dubs is voice direction, and especially the "director" just telling everyone to use anime voices.. Look at Fem V compared to Makoto, who share the same EN VA. There’s also the fact that many Japanese games don’t employ mixing, ambient noise, or echoes for location, or accents if the game is set in Japan, whereas games like Metro do use Russian accents, even if they can sound stereotypical.

https://youtu.be/kgW7pBKcU4k
      Look at this scene, as well. Very few dubbed games or shows have this kind of standout scene with phenomenal voice performances.

Anonymous

>DMC trio doesn’t have pronouns in bio
      >some of the best dub VAs around
      Coincidence? I think not.

Anonymous

The American dialect is so grating to my ears as well as Canadian. Do these people not realise how awful they sound? The only Americans that sound fine is that cowboy, mellow American dialect otherwise it’s nails on chalkboard. I can’t even tell Americans apart when they’re speaking and they all sound the same to me.

Anonymous

You sound just like Americans stupid leaf.

Anonymous

>leaf
          No. And somehow Canadians sound slightly worse than Americans.

Anonymous

You Quebecoise? Never heard this from a Canadian before and I’ve known a few. You guys mostly sound identical to an American to my ears, I usually can’t tell someone is Canadian until they tell me.

Anonymous

>American voice actors suck.
      Shut up, taffer.

Anonymous

I’m just sick of hearing Troy Baker and Laura Bailey phoning in for every fucking game. We need new talent.

Anonymous

Is Reuben Langdon a bad voice actor for Dante?

Anonymous

>British voice actors
      >Good
      Pick one

Anonymous

Brits really think their incoherent CHEWSDAY screeching is good huh

Anonymous

>2016
      >be me
      >overwatch becomes a thing
      >play the game and enjoy it when it was new
      >after a while people start saying "hey you kinda sound like mccree" if I talk in voice
      >I don’t hear it but thanks for the compliment I guess
      >matt mercer says on some interview shit that he fucks with overwatch players in games sometimes by randomly saying voice lines
      >suddenly every other fucking game people are asking me if I’m matt mercer
      >I don’t even have the fucking accent
      >Fine fuck it jesus if you’re all going to accuse me anyway I’m going to learn how to do voice lines and shit
      >get amazing at an impression
      >do it for a few games when people ask
      >cringe at myself
      >never again
      >ever
      >uninstall overwatch
      >suddenly matt mercer is in literally fucking everything
      >Watch dunkey video where he reviews sonic forces or some shit
      >"hey ezio kinda sounds like me that’s kinda cool"
      >look up imdb
      >Matt fucking Mercer
      >Play MHW
      >Hey that kind of-Matt Mercer again
      >Watch kingdom hearts: the unskipable cutscenes: the movie
      >MATT
      >FUCKING
      >MERCER
      I HATE YOU MATT MERCER STOP APPEARING IN EVERYTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anonymous

Dude, if you weren’t retarded you’d be using your Matt Mercer impersonation to get him cancelled for saying all diverse folk should hang.

Anonymous

Dude, just perfect your Matt Mercer impression and then you can do impressions of any character he’s ever played. People love that shit.
        >inb4 I’m replying to pasta

Anonymous

>was the fucking narrator in the squeenix e3 presentation this year
      is he that cheap?

Anonymous

what the fuck kind of gay ass bracelet is that?

Anonymous

Seriously though why are americans that voice jap games so shit?

Anonymous

people only like japanese voice actors because they dont know what they are saying.
      some jap can just say something like "poo poo pee pee carrot up my butt" and you would think they were saying something so emotional and romantic.

Anonymous

Nah, It’s not that they’re shit, it’s that they all play the exact same roles and there’s very little of them already. you barely hear any range from a lot of them but that’s because it’s not wanted.

Anonymous

why do weebs pretend you don’t see the same va in Japanese anime and games

Anonymous

What I dont get is why people shit on dub va for using one voice when japanese va does that as well? Hell if anything I enjoy recognizing voice actors if I like them.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Lmao the seethe

Anonymous

is it bong hours already ?

Anonymous

It’s early evening in bongistan so yes.

Anonymous

Mutts btfo no wonder their women don’t like them

Anonymous

Either you’re a europoor and your women fuck migrants or you’re a brown 3rdoid and your women fuck white tourists. Either way you’re not getting any lmao.

Anonymous

Wow guess he hit a sore spot huh

Anonymous

No, but looks like I did brown boy kek

Anonymous

>the desperation kek
              I’m sorry

Anonymous

>the apology of cope and seethe
                I just guessed but you actually are brown huh?

Anonymous

I don’t get it. They don’t have to suck, but nearly all western English voice actors suck.

Anonymous

Fuck all voice acting. All games should just have beep sounds like Ace Attorney

Anonymous

Mutts seething lol. First Obama now this!

Anonymous

Mutt here. Your obsession over me only means I’m superior to you lol.

Anonymous

>only dark souls VAs don’t suck because I like sucking fromsofts cock
      Soulsborne fags at it again. God I hate them so much bros.

Anonymous

He’s right though. The souls series benefited greatly from using stage actors. How about using an actual argument retard?

Anonymous

This isn’t really true. Its mostly just english VAs that dub jap games that all suck ass.

Anonymous

>Reading this thread as a mutt
      I hate my countryman so fucking much

Anonymous

Cope harder europoor, not our fault your obsession thread backfired.

Anonymous

Lmao

Anonymous

>countryman
        Nice slip, ESL 3rdoid.

Anonymous

The feeling is mutual.

Anonymous

Seething falseflagger lmao

Anonymous

The spammer? Don’t mind it, everyone has a few ones like that. You’re still a bunch of fags though.

Anonymous

im a spic so i might not be the best reference for VA tastes but
      I always find english voices that have a bit of an accent better than normal (american) english.
      Like the french-english slips, russian-english, the cowboy talk, slightly-hood-like, and such.
      i put the bri’ish in the same category

Anonymous

Europoor here. Why do we always have to give Americans attention? They’re completely right about our obsession and it bugs me.

Anonymous

I can smell the corn syrup breath oozing from this post

Anonymous

take your meds

Anonymous

Type in your language, and use dialect

Anonymous

imagine ever using a dub when the sub is available for any content

Anonymous

The amount of dubfags on Ganker is truly disturbing.

Anonymous

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 used Brit VAs too and they suck.

Anonymous

Mercer is just discount Troy baker

Anonymous

Yet he is still infinitely less obnoxious than Onions Baker despite courting the Reddit audience with Critical Role.

Anonymous

The only anime game I can with a good dub I can think of off the top of my head is Trails of Cold Steel, and that was hard carried by Sean Chiplock (Rean) and Charger Tomlee (Crow). Carrie Keranan also did a good job as Sara in that game.

Anonymous

God I fucking hate dubs which are carried by like three cast members. You want to use them for the good voice acting but you have to make do with the absolute shit tier side cast.

Anonymous

Yeah it sucks. Most of the other characters suffered from anime voice syndrome (especially Millium, Aidios I hated her voice), but those three did really well with their performance and made it worth it.

Anonymous

I became a huge Erikafag because of cold steel

Anonymous

Voice acting in games is gay anyway. Text is better. If you want to give the characters a "voice" grab randoms around the office to spew gibberish like hollow knight or give them unique text noises like undertale.

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.