Anybody play their retrogames on old 2dses? I like them better than 3dses. Just smashing out Minish …

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Anybody play their retrogames on old 2dses? I like them better than 3dses. Just smashing out Minish …

• This topic has 98 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Anybody play their retrogames on old 2dses? I like them better than 3dses. Just smashing out Minish Cap on mine at the moment.

Anonymous

I could never get used to that low dpad on the 3DS’s

Anonymous

These always looked surprisingly comfy. Even if I don’t use the 3D, I don’t think I’d be comfortable not having it, though. You’d never have the ability to experience everything a game has to offer, if only once just to go, “Hey, that’s neat.”

It does kind of suck. It’s a shame, because it’s a nice clicky pad.

Anonymous

too tiny.
      n3dsxl/n2dsxl is best.

Anonymous

too foldy

Anonymous

insane

Anonymous

He’s right though, foldy shit sucks

Anonymous

this thing couldn’t even run some of its own games on full speed

Anonymous

I did until it decided to brick itself after a month for no reason

Where are the examples retard

Anonymous

I too would like some evidence.

Though it’s not retro Pokemon Sun and Moon ran pretty rough in certain segments. Things like totem battles lowered frames noticeably or when a lot of pokemon were on the screen. I remember people really tried pushing the system and if you did that 4 person battle and everyone used Moltres you dropped to under 10 frames second. Other than the sequel I never saw one run that poorly.

Anonymous

To be fair, GameFreak are amazingly incompetent coders, the Pokémon are high poly, more than the games should be, there’s a ton of poor optimization and 2GBs of those games are *multiple* Lillie models, hence the "Lillie Island" in that fan hack spawning all of them in a single island as a gag

Anonymous

Based Lillie enthusiasts

Anonymous

Pokemon SM runs poorly on all 3ds models.

Anonymous

You mean old models or New 3DS too?

Anonymous

Pretty much, yeah. My New 3DS XL runs it far better than my OG 3ds, but it’s still slow at times. They’re horribly unoptimized games.

Anonymous

Cash cows, even.

Anonymous

I too would like some evidence.

Anonymous

Yeah and the screen looks better as well. No scan lines. GBA games look amazing on it.

Anonymous

imo the scanlines in 2D mode work quite well for retro games

Anonymous

I have a 2ds for gb/gbc/gba/ds games. 2dsxl for 3ds games and formerly psx. Now play psx on vita.

Anonymous

i have one but god is the d-pad atrocious. the ds lite has a good one so idk why this thing is satan’s mushy poopyhole

Anonymous

I use the New 3DS XL, it’s great

Anonymous

Flat and compact. I play DS games on it.

Anonymous

The dpad on the 2DS blows. I use my N3DS instead.

Anonymous

I really wanted to like this thing but the shoulder buttons and the position of the dpad make my hand cramp up a lot more quickly than the regular 3DS. I like the lack of hinge, though, and I can’t deny how sick the Pokemon anniversary models look

Anonymous

Why would I play gba on my 2ds when I have GBAs and flashcarts out the ass

Anonymous

We’ll, you wouldn’t

Anonymous

I have a N3DSXL and everything works except for the B button. Any idea on how to fix that? I blew the shit out of the button with an air compressor, but didn’t change anything.

Anonymous

Sounds like you’ll have to open it up and take a look at the contacts and membrane. Something could’ve gotten stuck in there

Anonymous

So you think it could be something mechanical like that? Do the buttons electronically go bad?

Anonymous

Yeah, I’m just making a guess, though. I doubt the electronics would’ve fucked up unless you got the thing wet or beat it up real bad. I figure if you’ve tried everything else you might as well open it up

Anonymous

I had a 2DS where the B button felt like shit, I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo used cheap rubber for the membrane. Go on aliexpress and buy membranes for it, make sure it’s for the original and not new 2DS. Isnt that hard to replace just a few screws and ribbon cables.

Anonymous

>tfw bought ~20 2ds and 10 n2dsxl on the Nintendo refurb sales
      >holding onto them for a decade in box
      >will flip in the year 2030

Enjoy paying $300 for a n2dsxl faggots

Anonymous

You can get good money for the 2DSXLs now. They’ve gone up in price. How much did you pay a piece?

Anonymous

Not him, but on the Nintendo Official Store, 2DS go for $50 and 2DSXL go for $100. I bought several of them because Nintendo refurbs are basically brand new. The inventory was empty from last December until around June. They restocked all through June, and have been out of stock since. I’m guessing they refurb huge batches and then list them. Hard telling if they’ll come back or not.

Anonymous

Good way to get rid of excess/warranty stock. Can’t sell them to the Iraqi gov anymore for missile guidance systems, I guess.

Anonymous

>unused battery swells, destroying screens and case
        nothing personal

Anonymous

Tbf the batteries Nintendo uses in those things are very good quality ones. 3DSes from 2011 still hold good charge

Anonymous

my gba sp battery is still great

Anonymous

Batteries are replaceable. They’re not going to destroy anything being unused. Unlike cellphones these consoles will still collect value.

Anonymous

Swelling batteries can put pressure on and damage other components. I believe PSPs can crack the screen because of a swollen battery.

Anonymous

I have 2 out of 15+ psp’s that haven’t got swolen batteries. Not one of them has a cracked screen because of the battery. The Battery pops the battery cover off.
              My wife’s cellphone’s batter balloned in her sealed case. The whole phone is bulged and it still hasn’t cracked the screen. We keep the phone in a clay pot outside in case the battery ever decides to ignite. Thanks LG. I’m glad they don’t make phones anymore.

Anonymous

I recently hacked my Switch and I’m starting to play retro shit there. There’s something nice about being able to play it while taking a dump and the next second playing them on my TV.
      Retroarch on Switch works nice with shaders, my personal favorite is ntsc-320px-gauss-scanline. Dunno if there’re better shaders for a CRT look.

Anonymous

I prefer the new systems because you get better SNES coverage, TGCD, and some PSX. You can even configure PSX to run some games smoother. I finished Castlevania SotN on mine with no performance issues but text would sometimes display funny or not at all in cutscenes but you could hear it anyway. I wouldn’t play to many 3D games on it though as those are kind of choppy.

Anonymous

All fun

Anonymous

Idk how to get retro games portable

Anonymous

I prefer 2dses for DS games tbh

Anonymous

Does the job

Anonymous

2DS d-pad is mush, makes playing 2D games using it kind of suck

Anonymous

I use mine for GB/GC/GBA/DS and SNES and it plays everything incredibly well.

Anonymous

Reliable build

Anonymous

Not retro.

Anonymous

>Anybody play their retrogames on old 2dses?
        >their retrogames
        >retrogames
        >Ganker – Retro Games

Anonymous

you could not even imagine how autistic you look while playing this

Anonymous

I don’t play that shit in public. I play it in bed. Also, I’d wager you’d look just as autistic playing a Switch in public.

Anonymous

>Also, I’d wager you’d look just as autistic playing a Switch in public.
          I do not disagree in the slightest, but what I’m basically getting at is that handhelds are kinda fucking gay.

Anonymous

They are. But remember that whilst

I have 100 hours of DKC2 on my new 3ds xl

may have sank 100 hours in DKC2 on his N3DSXL, there are Boomers who have sank 100+ hours on their iphone 3’s playing Candy Crush and those slot poker machine games.

Anonymous

fair enough though i wouldnt use boomers as a metric for anything in my life

Anonymous

>100s
              I wish it were that simple, anon. My wife is 30 and has probably 300 hours into candy crush. On the other hand, it would not surprise me to know that my boomer mother in law has 3,000+ hours in candy crush (or similar).

Anonymous

Mobile games are more acceptable than dedicated hand console games for some reason. I don’t make the rules, that’s just the way it is.

Anonymous

Not to me homes. I recently took a business trip with some older coworkers. They gave me shit about not being able to put video games down as they browsed their facebook feeds endlessly at the airport. When I pointed out the irony I was ignored, which with boomers, is as good as a victory.

Anonymous

Playing video games in public is less gay than scrolling through instagram simping for some bitches that don’t even know you exist

Anonymous

Well, it’s all relative, lol (acknowledging the fact using the term ‘lol’ is also kinda gay.)

Anonymous

a real man enjoys video entertainment experiences on his personal computer during late hours, reserving the day for work, and reflection on his deeds and misdeeds.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Consider this: they are both, in fact, quite gay. I can’t really think of any reason to play games outside of the house, especially since there’s no public transportation where I live. Maybe as a kid when I couldn’t put down Pokemon Yellow for two seconds, but I just don’t see the point in pulling out a dedicated handheld to play games while I’m out of the house.

a real man enjoys video entertainment experiences on his personal computer during late hours, reserving the day for work, and reflection on his deeds and misdeeds.

Truth.

Anonymous

I have 100 hours of DKC2 on my new 3ds xl

Anonymous

Handhelds are for enjoying on the porch or in the backyard. It’s that simple.

Anonymous

This, also for jobs with a lot of downtime.

Anonymous

This is pretty much the only reason I play Switch as much as I do, hotel night audit is like 85% sitting on your ass 5% dealing with guests 10% folding shit
          I got a DS Lite mostly to play GBA games with, lucky for that since the bottom screen has become completely fucked and glitches the hell out. Doesn’t matter since I just use it as a goofy GBA SP with pointless XY buttons and bottom screen

Anonymous

I like the 2DSXL. It’s my favorite of all the 3DS designs.

Anonymous

i get why people would have figures but why have them all bunched up like that and thrown around with nothing tying the display together besides "figures based on games i guess"

Anonymous

>figures based on games i guess
          Yes.

Anonymous

I don’t see anything to object to here, good work anon

Anonymous

Both Cantis and Spacegodzilla? My man.

Anonymous

How many of these have you used for Hot Glue purposes?

Anonymous

Mostly just Mega Man.

Anonymous

the 2ds is fantastic
      and the game library superb. i’ll argue that ds has the best library of any handheld.
      a 2ds and a programmable game cart is all you will ever need.

Anonymous

You dont need a flashcart, just get CFW and install twilight menu to boot DS games straight from the SD card.

Anonymous

flashcarts cost almost nothing and have better compatibility and performance

Anonymous

What are you on about your not emulating DS games on a 3DS with twilight menu it has the same compatibility or better because it natively runs them. Feel free to spend money on something you don’t need but let others know there is a free option.

Anonymous

There’s more to compatibility than whether or not it uses emulation. Using clean binaries instead of patching the shit out of them to run a loader matters, for example.

Anonymous

Twilight menu’s free 🙂

Anonymous

DS flashcarts are like $5, get a mcjob.

Anonymous

I’ve got two. They suck.

Anonymous

works on my machine

Anonymous

That is one ugly system.

Anonymous

i have the 2ds, but i’d prefer emulate on my wii, big screen and a real controller is far better.

Anonymous

Ah

Anonymous

Good clocking

Anonymous

STOP DOING THINGS DIFFERENT THAN I DO!!

Anonymous

?

Anonymous

For all the anons that find the 3ds uncomfortable to hold, this worked for me.
      It improves drastically the usability of the dpad, it places it in a much more natural position relative to your hand.
      It’s not perfect but it’s bretty gomfy, 3 bucks on ali

Anonymous

Almost every model of 3DS is over priced now, back in Gamestop’s heyday when the original DS came out everything GBA but Pokemon went dirt cheap, I remember OG GBA being $30 and SP $50, flash forward to today and some 3DS models are selling for more than a new Switch.

What is it Ganker?

Anonymous

Combination of things really, now instead of having to put up with Gamestop everyone is selling on Amazon/eBay where people tend to give more. Also the 3DS had eshop games which makes became seller think "Oh I bought like 10 games on it for $30 each which means I need to add $100 to the price tag." Even if its shitty games no one wants. We also leave in the era of scalping, anyone with money knows when Nintendo products are on close out buy as many as you can because you’ll make a profit at sometime. Not to mention how easy this thing is to hack it makes it even more sought after.

Anonymous

Yeah, it’s fuckin’ weird. I dunno, maybe it’s COVID or something.

Anonymous

Nah I’m over 18 so I don’t play video games on handheld.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.