Applied for job, got 351 page report of LIKED tweets

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Applied for job, got 351 page report of LIKED tweets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 65 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Have you seen this yet. Guy applies for job, job does a background check, this data collection site can now take all personal identification from a person, checks all their online accounts, and dude gets a 351 page report of tweet he has liked containing the word ‘fuck’ or other stupid shit.

https://twitter.com/kmlefranc/status/1221869659139366912?

Sites of interest:
      https://www.sterlingcheck.com
      >Sterling has partnered with Fama to provide a compliance-focused, AI-based screening solution that can help reduce risk of a bad hire by proactively searching for indicators of toxic behavior, cultural fit and team performance.

>By applying machine learning to public online content and your HR policies, we help safeguard your reputation and avoid costly bad hires.

https://fama.io/
      >Fama is a talent screening software that helps identify problematic behavior among potential hires and current employees by analyzing publicly available online information.

https://pipl.com/
      >Pipl’s unique identity resolution engine connects the world’s personal, professional and social identity data to give analysts and investigators an unmatched global index of over 3 billion trusted identity profiles.

Anonymous

Maybe don’t use Twitter? Seems like a pretty simple solution bud

Anonymous

I got questioned in an interview about not having social media.

Anonymous

How about not living in a dystopia?

Anonymous

Good luck with that, globohomo is real and not going anywhere

Anonymous

He already lives in the greatest country on earth. Maybe this is punishment for being a liberal faggot?

Anonymous

Twitter is absolutely required for the past decade. What are you talking about?

Anonymous

congrats, you’re the biggest faggot on this entire website

Anonymous

You must be joking, right?

Anonymous

Its where all the important shit is, retard.

Anonymous

Maybe just don’t use any social media at all, or remove as much as you can. You don’t need it. This is the bullshit people have been warning about for years.

Anonymous

Sue them for privacy concerns. If that fails, then get a big pot going and hire private investigators to find every scrap of dirt on the people who work there. Then put the info online for the world to see.

Anonymous

You can’t sue for some privacy bullshit when you yourself and publishing things for the world to see.

Anonymous

you retard, he joined twitter thats on their disclaimer they can do whatever they want with the data

Anonymous

There is no privacy on SOCIAL media you stupid gently caress.

Anonymous

>>Sue them for privacy concerns
        Sue a multi billion dollar company with a legal department for something that for something so arbitrary that it be closed due to the motion of summary judgement
        Dude you’re a gently caressing moron. Not only is information such as that impossible to track but, its gently caressing legal and open.

Programs like Accurint can find gently caressing anything including your social security numbers.

Anonymous

Doing shit like this is no different than sending out emails for job applications with an email address like [email protected].

At least be gently caressing smart about it. Just make some sanitized gently caressing accounts. Upload a few pictures that make you look good, like some stuff that makes you look normal, add a few normie hobbies/interests. You don’t even have to use the account after that.

Jesus gently caress it’s no wonder millennial can’t get jobs. They got no gently caressing common sense.

Anonymous

I literally have a sanitized generic email for exactly this, and it has not helped.

Anonymous

Just gonna say this right now.

If you’ve been looking for work for more than 6 months and are still not getting replies, it’s entirely a fault with you.
          You are doing something seriously wrong and should probably figure out what this is and fix it immediately.

Anonymous

One boomer tip that helped me get a job was calling and pestering them a few days after interview, makes you seem eager. This is something that has worked since the beginning of time. It’s actually just basic psychology. The more you make someone think about you, the more they will like you. Just knowing this can get you really far in life.

And even if calling them up doesn’t work, you know what? You can ask why you didn’t get the job, and then learn from this.

Shit man this stuff isn’t hard.

Anonymous

Resume on all sites and full Linkedin — Google search results in only professional sites. Two decades of work experience. Numerous review of resume by HR as well as optimized for application systems.

No call backs, no emails. Not the only one.

Anonymous

>resume on all sites
        Can’t say what you’re doing wrong without looking at the entire process you go through. But your first and main objective right now is to figure out where you are going wrong.

If you don’t know something is broken, are you going to attempt to fix it? Obviously not.

Anonymous

I work at an american multinational finance company and have access to background check platforms. I can search any name in the US and it gives me a ton of data about the person, family, employers, employees, neighbors, addresses and a lot more.
      Now, think about this, I’m a random Uruguayan and didn’t use this in an immoral way…pajeets are another deal.

Anonymous

You can Google someone’s name and find all that information.

Anonymous

Social media faggots deserve it. I got off faceberg in 2007 and never looked back. Now the corporate garden gnome wants at least Linked-in. Thank god I work in an industry that’s 95% old white males.

unless your name is shared with someone who is famous

Anonymous

>I can search any name in the US and it gives me a ton of data about the person, family, employers, employees,

How does it know information about employers or employees? Do they know every place I have worked for? How?

Anonymous

Social Security database, retard.

Anonymous

That is gently caressed up though. They should not be allowed access to that kind of information

Anonymous

I used to be a campaign manager for a state congressman about 10 years ago. You’d be surprised at all kinds of databases that are thrown around Willy nilly. At some point I had the name, address and phone number of every registered voter at my disposal. I never used it for illicit means but it’s not like we were special. Literally anyone running for office could have paid for access to it.

Anonymous

I don’t like the fact that my party affiliation is public knowledge. Demmies are dangerous.

Anonymous

Did your crook win?

Anonymous

Yes, he termed out then we put his wife to replace him along with a bunch of his buddies in various school board positions. We also had some less successful candidates to steal votes from opponents in other districts. It was kind of fun but I ended up going back into engineering. He died about a year later from a heart attack in his sleep. My fault for keeping him and the volunteers on a diet of donuts and pizza

Anonymous

Republican or ….?

Anonymous

Democrat. It doesn’t matter, no Republican ever ran in the district. Also the whole republican/democrat thing is silly, they’re both rats.

Funny anecdote, there was a guy running against one of our guys in a separate district. I’d met him at some event, he was very anti gay. I don’t give a gently caress either way, but we took a dislike to each other over some comments he made about a volunteer that was with me at the event. He also accused us of removing his literature that he had left at people’s houses. That never happened because I always walked with the volunteers and they had strict instructions on that. A couple of weeks later I’m at a bar with my lady friend. There’s two fags making out in one of the booths behind her. Then I glance over and recognize our opponent. I laugh my ass off, take a picture and gtfo. He notices me taking the pic and follows me outside. He threatened to kick my ass, (I was 22, in the best shape of my life, he was a fat 40 year old who had never done manual labor in his life). I told the fag to gently caress off and shoved him into the ground when he attempted to grab my collar. I don’t think it was because of this but he more or less phased out after that election. We never heard from him again.

Anonymous

And then everybody clapped.

Anonymous

That stuffs all public record. Names addresses phone numbers property history etc, it was just a matter of going to your local department of records and looking for it. The internet has just curated it all and made it easier to access

Anonymous

Yeah but it’s all compiled neatly into a db no need to track shit down.

Anonymous

Everybody keeps things on record

Anonymous

>pajeets
        One called my grandma this week trying to scam her for her new social security #. She just got it changed this month, how the gently caress do street shitters know that?

Anonymous

They have family in the companies that our corps outsource to. Data gets leaked, sent to them, your granny gets put on a target list.

Anonymous

yeah thats not really special, anyone can do that

Anonymous

No by all means, make the “dangerous” isolated unstable and armed portion of the population unemployable.
      Take everything from those who are mad about what’s already been taken.
      Leave them with nothing left to lose.

Great plan 10/10 I see no way this could have unintended consequences ever.

Anonymous

>wants everyone to acknowledge his every pozzed thought
      >butthurt when they do

Anonymous

I’m reviewing hypothetical posts for my job interview to make sure I’m not a problematic.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

that site:
        Sterling has partnered with Fama to provide a compliance-focused, AI-based screening solution that can help reduce risk of a bad hire by proactively searching for indicators of toxic behavior, cultural fit and team performance.

By applying machine learning to public online content and your HR policies, we help safeguard your reputation and avoid costly bad hires.

Anonymous

>Sterling has partnered with Fama to provide a compliance-focused, AI-based screening solution that can help reduce risk of a bad hire by proactively searching for indicators of toxic behavior, cultural fit and team performance.
          >By applying machine learning to public online content and your HR policies, we help safeguard your reputation and avoid costly bad hires.

Reading that is rage inducing. Forget the garden gnomes, these people get the gas chamber first

Anonymous

Some sort of legal ACT they are using…page down down on that page…I didn’t have the heart to read it. Let me know if you check it out and there’s something of interest.

Anonymous

It’s gently caressing useless at the moment anyway. You’re going to hire people based on an algorithm? Enjoy stagnation

Anonymous

no they wont those "Human Resources" people do it all day everyday on all the people
            people are cattle maybe sometimes someone gets what they are doing and gets angry or so
            but in reality nobody does something about it 🙂
            they are basically THE global/corporate STASI/GESTAPO of the 21st century.
            it whas to and it WILL become way way worse than you can imagine today before people actually do something
            if you might take/took a look at "hardships of life" that people , human beings like you , are confronted with and what tey are simply swallowing you will understand that it WILL become way worse
            there is only one way to cope with this and that is to not play their game in the first place, find workarounds and very importantly do it yourself

Anonymous

Why be racist? White people of good character made this tool.

Anonymous

Lol

Honestly, anybody can get ruined these days. Even lefties for a bad joke. I have scrubbed what I can. If I get cancelled ten years from now it will suck, but in the end you end up learning a trade job and moving to white country like Montana, you won’t be comfy but your family won’t starve. So live your life and let fate decide if that time you said the N word in a group chat ends up costing you your suburban home and social status in bugworld. The only thing that matters is the people you love, the rest is trinkets that can be taken away for many reasons. Be safe but don’t forget to yolo

Anonymous

>not thinking that social media was designed to be a total surveillance mechanism
      >posting every single personal detail about yourself online
      >getting pissed when it’s used against you
      Uh yeah, retard. See the writing on the wall. Maybe don’t post stuff online you wouldn’t want employers to see.

Anonymous

How did they know his twitter handle when it’s not his real name?

Anonymous

Because it’s tied to his email or name. There’s websites where you can look up emails and it will give you every social media account tied to that email

Anonymous

He should’ve used a throwaway for his socials.

Anonymous

>”Thank you for your job application Anon. Unfortunately seeing as you don’t have any social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn we’re going to red flag you for being a potential incel terrorist nazi. We have notified your local law enforcement. Also have fun trying to get NEETbux.”

Anonymous

Hard to believe unless he’s trying to work with children. gently caress isn’t considered hate speech or anything out of the ordinary.
          That or he’s lying.

Example of such a website?

Anonymous

>Example of such a website?
            Pipl.com
            You can look up a person’s various social media accounts using their cell number or email address. I personally use it for vetting new hires.

Anonymous

>I personally use it for vetting new hires.

die garden gnome

Anonymous

I’ve used it to. It helps to know if the person you’re hiring is a complete gently caress up whose going to blab to everyone about company secrets

Anonymous

I called and or emailed every single one of those websites personally.
              I said "I am in immediate and grave danger, I need you to take my information off immediately."
              Every single one complied it took me about a month of searching database after data base.
              The only one that put me back on was mylife which really ticked me off so I sent then another email more strongly worded and said I would have to take legal action as it was a serious matter that could potentially escalate to life or death. Havent been back on there since

Anonymous

hehehe you know people can mine peoples profile data and create fake accounts on shady sites which will popup at cancer sites just as pipl
              you are part of the problem, you could change it but you choose to be lazy instead and you know that if all this dystopian construct our reality has become through people like you would break down at some point in time people like you would either be lynched or put into labor camps now go and step up your efforts to leech and parasite even more on our society

Anonymous

Holy shit, I knew Linus thought about retiring, but I didn’t know that he was that tired. His wife is looking pretty rough, too, aged probably 20 years from the ordeal apparently. Is he going to be OK?

Anonymous

good thing I have one email for work/job applications and nothing else

Anonymous

And that is why I have a social email, a email for things like games and such, and a mail I use for forums and places I shitpost or watch certain videos.

Anonymous

hmm i may have liked a few "questionable" videos on youtube

i might just leave my main gmail account to view some woke content for a few hours in the background and leave a few likes and thumbs up for reddit tier comments just incase

Anonymous

Maybe he told them?

Anonymous

In Europe there’s no such bullshit

Americans are uncivilized when it comes to personal data

Anonymous

You wish.

Go ahead, ask Amazon, Google or credit rating agencies for the info they have on you. Enjoy reading through books worth of material.

Anonymous

search your name and you’ll find those sites cataloging info on that name regardless of location.

Anonymous

Do a google search for your email actually

Anonymous

Just your name is enough.

Anonymous

good thing I’m a ghost then, nothing for my name comes up but stuff for my family does.

Anonymous

>Do a google search for your email actually
            just did, some old project came up and not much else

Anonymous

Just googled my name and didnt come up with shit, googled my email and the closest thing it came up with was a girl I went to high school with. That’s a relief, I was actually pretty scared to try it

Anonymous

>googled my name
              >googled my email
              ya dun goof’d

Anonymous

based. This is why Germany and gated communites are the only places in the world that don’t have google street view. Why the gently caress would you want to see how people live?

Anonymous

I delete my tweets after a few hours anyway

Anonymous

It wasn’t his tweets, but his liked tweets. Which is even gently caressing stupider

Anonymous

>I delete my tweets after a few hours anyway
        You delete them, but twitter doesn’t

Anonymous

>uses website with KYC protocol
      >is surprised when KYC measures are used against him

Anonymous

Just be an illegal Mexican bro. Can’t background check you if you don’t technically exist 😉

Anonymous

Not true

t.former illegal

Anonymous

go back

Anonymous

What if someone does not have social media?

Anonymous

i could imagine they would be suspicious and decline hiring in the first place solely because they are unable to sniff anything they could use against you at some point in time to make you dance by their will
        they could suspect you be hiding something they might not like
        they might say youre antisocial
        and so on all sorts of things related you not picturing what the system wants you to be like 🙂 because in the end you are a low life slave
        ( and you really are when you make business with melanoidcompanies that spy on you )
        in the end you will be forced into a role one way or another
        one way or another you may like it and liekwise they might not like it or very much do like what/who they see

Anonymous

>using your real name on the interwebs

Anonymous

Seriously this is a reminder not give away your data for free to the tech giants. Don’t give them any shit that can be used to trace back to you unless it’s necessary. It’s one thing if the nsa wants to get your shit, it’s another thing to allow Stacy from HR to look you up.

Anonymous

A lot of big tech was backed from the start with CIA money, so gently caressing stupid to trust it. And my friends and family wonder why all I have is a LinkedIn account for jobs that I never post anything on. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the FBI is tracking our IP’s on here and logging what we say, which is why I use a hacked modem with certs from a neighbors house.

I can only assume there are levels of clearance that pull all your Ganker posts.

Just imagine

True, but everything I say on here is satire.

Anonymous

Good, glad I’ve never used shitter or faceberg

Anonymous

I can only assume there are levels of clearance that pull all your Ganker posts.

Just imagine

Anonymous

I’d be slaughtered on site. Thank god I married well.

Anonymous

oh i’m sure thanks to captcha and your youtube/google account there’s a file out there somewhere with everything you’ve posted

Anonymous

>my face every time this thought tries to cross my mind

Anonymous

There isnt unless you attach your name to it. My investigator actually commented on my lack of online presence my second go around talking to one of my old roommates

Anonymous

>my second go around
          >actual glowdiverse folk in the thread

Anonymous

i would have to actually sudoku

Anonymous

>working for corporate America

Anonymous

The other problem is if they find nothing. You have zero chance of getting a job

Anonymous

Wow. Remember when the internet was anonymous and it was pretty cool. Then gently caressfaces started needing their five minutes of fame and they needed to become the next viral sensation? And everyone was like why the gently caress would you want to use your real name on the internet? But they did it anyway and it seemed okay so other people started doing it. Then Myspace and the faceberg came out and people started creating their own online profiles about all their likes and dislikes and who their friends are and posting pictures of themselves. And everyone with a brain was like wow this is getting really dumb you guys are really gonna regret this and they were like nahhhh it’s all good. Then the twatter came out and everyone figured out how to distill their vapid and retarded opinions into 140 characters or less so everyone has claimed a curated list of every single belief and feeling they have that anyone can look at at any time?

Now you’re gently caressing concerned?

Anonymous

i wonder if this really is the time

Anonymous

This. When Facebook first hit college campuses, the student body herd mentality was absolutely nightmarish, it acutely tapped a deep seeded Gspot in female social consciousness. Myspace was nothing in comparison, because Facebook was more of a closed network for parties and gently caressing and status.

All of the promise of the Internet died with Zuckerberg. You could look at that bitch and tell he was a greedy two-faced nerd, likely propped up unknowingly by glowies. The whole point of the internet was anonymity, first thing NPC normalfags do is upload all their photos. White people in this regard were the worst.

All my life you’d hear "tinfoil" theories about landlines being tapped, snail mail being monitored, books that get you flagged. It wasn’t "safe" to buy things online. All of that was out the window.

There exists a semi-conscious death drive of submission to Big Brother, feeding all your info to it like a slot machine, the thrill of a big entity caring, vicarious immortality maybe, knowing you and your friends will all be gently caressed eventually, but collectively. All of the mythos about the American spirit, independence, vanished between the tits and ass of our white women. Now these same roasties go online to advocate for identity politics when they are the ones who killed gender-free sex-free age-free looks-free anonymity online.

Anonymous

>There exists a semi-conscious death drive of submission to Big Brother, feeding all your info to it like a slot machine, the thrill of a big entity caring, vicarious immortality maybe, knowing you and your friends will all be gently caressed eventually, but collectively. All of the mythos about the American spirit, independence, vanished between the tits and ass of our white women. Now these same roasties go online to advocate for identity politics when they are the ones who killed gender-free sex-free age-free looks-free anonymity online.

Too gently caressing right.

I am old enough to remember dsl. I am not a casual apple fag who discovered the internet in 2008 thanks to electric jesus.

I am old enough to remember to never trust anything written on the internet, never put your personal info on nothing, don’t take the dick pills from the porn sites and for gently caresss sakes don’t send your personal info to the pakis claiming you won 100,000 dollars.

>never trust anything written on the internet
          I wish all of the post-2016 Reddit influx had learned this basic fact instead of responding to bait threads unironically instead of GETs and sagebombing them into oblivion.

Anonymous

Even in today’s age when I see a Twitter post and people think that somehow the nerd or misandrist whore who put it somehow is relevant and deserving on calling a legion of blue check marks to destroy someone life, I think is gently caressing stupid, the internet is for porn anything anyone says on the internet is irrelevant cus they won’t have the guts to say it to my face

Anonymous

>the internet is for porn
              why you think the net was born?

Anonymous

https://archive.is/uEVmv

Welcome to the brave new world. AI screening social media before hiring to prevent "Toxic Work Environment".

Anonymous

So I’m guessing 351 pages didn’t get the job?

Anonymous

HE never had a job interview. He just paid for this report on himself by himself for Twitter likes. Don’t you know how the internet works by now

Anonymous

>Don’t you know how the internet works by now
          I do not understand the mysteries of computers and the activation of the internet. Sorry.

Anonymous

>Go in public screaming gently caress non-stop.
      >Get arrested.
      >This is what liberals wanted.

>Do it on twitter.
      >???

Anonymous

Heh, got a funny story for you lads:

> be an intern at a local startup
      > I basically cold call restaurants to give them surveys and what not
      > I get paid a small sum per survey and get payed by requesting funds on PayPal
      > the day after my request a few days ago, the startup was told its PayPal account was under audit and all transfer services were frozen for a few days
      > we were all baffled, because no one was doing any shady shit
      > for every transfer, I put down a list of restaurants I called and it turns out that in the memo section of that transfer request, I had typed “Cuban restaurant”
      > someone or some AI had detected the word “Cuban” and thought we might have been trying to break the embargo we have on them, so they acted

Everything’s fine now, but that made me think

Anonymous

He deserves it for being a woke little shit
      "JK Rowling transphobia affects cis people the moooost!!"

plus he’s antifa and hates straight and white peolpe, I hope he commits suicide.

Anonymous

lol free speech has consequences.

if they can control your thought they’ll control your income.
      you people are gently caressed.
      you better shut your gently caressing mouth

Anonymous

>you better shut your gently caressing mouth
        eventually not having social media will disqualify you from getting jobs due to antisocial behavior

Anonymous

>Anon, we ran our background check and discovered that you do not have any social media profiles. Unfortunately we will not be moving forward with your candidacy at this time. Not having social media is an alarming red flag and we certainly do not want to hire a potential alt right antisocial incel. This is a feminist, multicultural, and lgbtq friendly workplace. Now we will put you on our blacklist and security will escort you out of the building.

Anonymous

anon. this is already happening. They just don’t tell you that they didn’t find enough on you to vet you.

Anonymous

>Saying stupid shit online tied to your real name
      Why are these people so stupid?
      Social media is for presenting a glorified picture of yourself, then you anonymous on Ganker and say all the horrific shit you actually think

Anonymous

These are the same people who put nudes on their iCloud and think it’s safe. No gently caressing brainwaves whatsoever.

Anonymous

>Leftist creep’s degenerate Twitter history is exposed so employer knows not to hire him
      This isn’t a dystopia lol

Anonymous

CONTROL!!
      I remember when the right used to warn us about the totalitarian communist. how they would control all aspects of our lives. turns out the capitalist are exactly the same

Anonymous

Hell, I even stopped using my original Gmail/Youtube account (created back when the world wasn’t this dystopian hellhole) and now exclusively use a throwaway.
      So far from a quick Google search my name only comes up in Linkedin and some old files back when I was part of the public government in my country.
      I hate this shit, I don’t like hiding my footprint everywhere I go but it’s absolutely necessary today … ALL of my multimedia accounts and services are tied to Anon

Anonymous

He had @evanhanna. gently caressing Berkeley poopyholes. Go gently caress off antifa faggot. I’m glad your 1A rights got gently caressed.

Anonymous

You sure as hell shouldn’t be happy. Rest assured that they’ll go for you too.
        Anyone who is ok with this because it happened to someone who has views you personally disagree with is a short-sighted dumbass.

Anonymous

>he disagrees with me politically so gently caress his rights
        You’re part of the problem.

Anonymous

This is why you should divide your online presence into different spheres. Of course places like Google track you and associate the very things you say while using CAPTCHA to your other presence and then sell the information.

Anonymous

>that mask
      >that bugman look
      >most likely communist leaning
      >angry about total surveillance
      Imagine my shock

Anonymous

kek this

Anonymous

Corporations aren’t even the main problem. You need just one more plane getting plunged into a tower and the entire American population would be BEGGING for the government to eradicate privacy and datamine the gently caress out of anyone, especially “alternative” places like 4 chan and comment sections. At that point no amount of ink on a 200 year old paper will save your ass from the enraged psyopsed masses’ witch hunt.
      And guess what: the logs that flag you as the witch are already there, patiently waiting for the glowie query.

Anonymous

What’s the safest browser to use out there?
      While we’re at it, what’s the safest email.provider? I can live without Chrome but almost every web/service out there requires an e-mail and having a Google account is gently caressing dangerous at this point.
      I’m gonna miss my Youtube playlists.

Anonymous

How is this even possible? I work in a high security nationally critical facility. I had to have a background check.

I would think one or two of my internet history posts about hating diverse folk would have been used against me before I was hired.

Anonymous

This dude printed 300+ pages to virtue signal on Twitter.

Anonymous

Maybe it’s what got you hired

Anonymous

same i worked for a defense company and used to listen to moon man and shitpost on pol on the company wifi and never got approached by anyone

Anonymous

>durr just stop having an online presence
      you are just making excuses for big business intruding on people’s lives. are we supposed to be held accountable for all the bad shit we did in the past? i think everyone would be out of a job if we did that.

Anonymous

Stop posting personal information on the internet you dumb normalfaggot.

Anonymous

Back in the day everyone told you to never ever give out personal info on the internet. Now it’s the other way around and you’re screwed if you don’t. Not having an online presence is a big red flag. Why are you not on social media, do you have a problem with people. Tim, you need to get with the dystopia you are in the sytem or you out. The system as no use you for if you are out.

No social media presence to be check, no credit history, you are a lunatic good bye no job for you.

The future will literally be some gently caressed up china style social credit system. Or well, it’s already here.

Anonymous

>not aggressively owning all of your social media activity to the point that everyone backs off after they bring it up

Anonymous

He’s a loud queer with a twitter feed full of woke liberal shit. Why is he angry? He got the world he was hoping for.
      >le nazis are bad, let’s make conservatives unemployable by policing everything everyone says
      >wtf why are people policing everything i say

HITLER USES TOR

>Oh No… Noo! I followed the metrosexual Ronaldo, the garden gnome Sanders, I was interested in #Hanukkah and accepted the EULA of a gnomish social programming botnet…

One reaps the bs he sows.

Anonymous

Work for clients not ((Bosses)) anon

Also
      gently caress em
      social media is for fags and garden gnomes

Only idiots would use their real names
      If you have one delete it
      And if they show you a print out of a deleted acount you have a reason to sue the social media

Anonymous

>Work for clients not ((Bosses)) anon
        It i getting harder and harder to do that when our local USA client bases can take a lot of freelancer mainstay work to asia or somewhere.

It is harder than ever to simply ‘freelance’ or start a business. Getting lucky with some web advertising scheme or drop shipping isnt a sustainable business. It relies totally on google or amazon or etc.

Anonymous

It’s not about starting at this point

it’s about making people think about starting
          this will get them to vote Libertarian which in turn will make it easier to start
          I want to start, this is why I shill this
          It’s gently caressing hell to start right now when the socialists are in power.
          And the only thing one can do right now is shill Libertarianism

Anonymous

When I say vote Libertarian I dont mean the party
            they are idiots
            I mean as Libertarian type of parties
            political movement not the party

Anonymous

I haven’t had any social media presence since before the 2000’s, and those sites are long since dead.

I’d be more embarassed if they found my cringy teenage poetry on geocities than anything i’ve posted here.

Anonymous

Good thing is im a NEET , leave me with that shit

Anonymous

>lost my wallet once
      >got a call later about some secretary finding it
      >secretary says "Gosh Anon, it was quite difficult to find anything about you on the internet, i almost couldnt find you at all."
      >she still found me
      I deleted all my mostly inactive social media accounts after that. Life is gently caressing horrifying.

Anonymous

>injects himself into the matrix willingly
      >"enjoy your dystopia haha i’m so woke. Retweet plz"

Anonymous

easy solution: don’t post things that you are ashamed of

Anonymous

I have my “clean” social media accounts that do nothing but exist.
      Then I have the real ones which do not have my real identity on them. Fake name on FB for trolling etc

Anonymous

>Then I have the real ones which do not have my real identity on them.

Hey, remember that time you slipped up and used the wrong email? Remember that time that you used the same browser, same computer, or same router to login?

Guess what.. your “dirty” email is in a relational database tied to your “clean” one and all searches now use either/or.

Anonymous

kekerino. Hence why all my social media are pretty much unused and even if they’re used, I never make joined accounts (like for example logging in with google to twitter)

Anonymous

>work as gently caressing kitchen boy
      >Boss FORCES me to be available through x social media and no sms was not helal enough
      The future is really gently caressing bright folks

Anonymous

>company does a google search on your name to see if you’re a weirdo

OH MY GOD, WELCOME TO THE DYSTOPIA! WE LIVE IN A MOTHERFUCKING SOCIETY! IT’S 1984 x 10, IT’S 19840!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

anon. most companies require you to sign off on them checking who you are. Then with your own signature, they hire 3rd party researchers that run your shit through databases that have much more than your ordinary google search has in it.

So you finally have enough experience and are applying for a leadership role where you will finally hit the 6 figure mark?

They will find EVERYTHING you have ever posted online, and sift through it.

I did this for a living, and I hated myself for doing so.

Anonymous

>>They will find EVERYTHING you have ever posted online, and sift through it.
          Which will turn up literally nothing, because I’m not a retard and have never put anything online tied to me in any way that is anything other than 100% professional.

>they’ll find your alts and sockpuppets
          1. No they wont without my ISP handing over timestamped IPs and third party companies handing over matching records (which they don’t even hand over to law enforcement without a warrant).
          2. A company wants legal protection that no one can accuse them of ‘not looking.’ They don’t actually want to find things, they want to have done a check on your name and have the check come back clean. The last thing a large corporation wants is the legal murkiness of refusing you a promotion because 12 years ago ALLEGEDLY using the name ‘N1ggaKill4’ you ALLEGEDLY said "Quit bein a fagotron, dork!"

These background checks are surface shit to catch retards that run their mouth too much on twitter and facebook. Should it upset anyone that someone wasn’t hired, wasn’t promoted, or was fired from a job because they liked the ‘wrong tweet?’ Maybe, but if you’re going to do shit online, did you really expect a 100% consequence free environment?

Anonymous

I did this for a living. you slipped up somewhere, I promise you. I’m not fear mongering. I am telling you the truth.

Anonymous

He just thinks he’s a good goy and everyone else is the problem

Because rather than just admit he lives in a shit hole, "huur huur everyone is dumb accept for me! I’m so cool constantly afraid of losing my job! What would I ever do without my wagie pennies?!"

gently caress work anyway
              gently caress everything

Anonymous

>I did this for a living.
              Yeah, and I’m a Navy Seal trained in gorilla warfare. What’s your point?

Anonymous

Best to assume this poster is correct.
              There is no scrubbing some things. It’s a game of minimizing exposure to radicalized civilian sleuths

Anonymous

> The last thing a large corporation wants is the legal murkiness of refusing you a promotion because 12 years ago ALLEGEDLY using the name ‘N1ggaKill4’ you ALLEGEDLY said "Quit bein a fagotron, dork!

There is other forms of wrong think,
            "There is no firm reason to anticipate the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically seperated in their evolution should have evolved identically, our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason as some universal heritage of humanity would not be enough to make it so."

Anonymous

>There is other forms of wrong think,
              They’re looking for the "main" forms of "wrong think." Obvious racism, sexism, bigotry, or other ‘red flags’ that come up on your named accounts. Ironically, what you posted would probably pass today because it doesn’t actually contain melanoidmelanoidmelanoid and someone would have to read and understand it.

Anonymous

I mean if you’re looking to avoid hiring woke shitheads like this chucklefuck, this looks pretty awesome. Personally I don’t have any social media, but that’s because i’m not a dumbass.

Anonymous

If your job require you not to say gently caress than its shit job

also

>Flag Type: Bad
      >Flag Reason: Alcohol
      ohh no alcohol is bad we cant hire people who tweet using alcohol words

Anonymous

Do any of you remember dogpile the search engine? You need to search your name in every imaginable search engine. I deleted all social media accounts seven years ago and spent a good bit of time requesting websites remove my name. I used to appear in first spot of a name search for work I’ve done and pieces I’ve had published. I still show up several pages deep due to being on the board of directors or a listed company but that’s about it. I suggest others do the same before things get worse… and they will.

PS. you still won’t pull up things that are recorded in paid databases from the likes of TLOxp or BRB.

Anonymous

If you are going to do the "google your own name" shit.
      run it through at least the following
      duckduckgo
      yippy
      bing
      google
      yahoo
      metacrawler
      webcrawler
      hotbot
      startpage
      ecosia
      ask
      yandex
      lycos
      baidu
      altavista
      swisscows
      aol
      excite
      blekko
      exalead
      waybackmachine
      metager

click through every single result, even if it looks like nothing to do with you.

That is just the beginning. Now do it for all connections you found to your name. rinse repeat. then try things backwards, with weird spaces, birth date numbers etc.

It should take you a minimum of a week of 12 hour days to get half way done.

Anonymous

You can get your name removed from the info sites. Look up "the paranoid bible" and follow the steps. Recheck periodically.

I would also add: look for your old addresses. You’ll pull up even more hits. These sites share data, so if you knock them all out, they’ll take a while to repopulate. The more regularly you check, the more likely you are too nip them in the bud before your info is shared to a dozen new info sites

Anonymous

that is specifically why I am telling people this. So they know just the tip of the iceberg of what is out there.

I did that myself, and that is a red flag as well.

When I said search everything that comes up about you, that will include old addresses.

remember the anon that posted the info on that "God" twitter handle. I did the digging there after his real name was revealed. I half assed it for an hour and found all that info.

>I did this for a living.
          Yeah, and I’m a Navy Seal trained in gorilla warfare. What’s your point?

my point is you are not nearly as anonymous as you think you are. The only way to ensure you are is to search everything for yourself, request takedowns everywhere you appear, and then follow up on it because it will likely just pop up again in 2 weeks.

Anonymous

This
            Additionally for the people too lazy: some of these sites won’t remove your shit until you request repeatedly and mention you will take legal action

Anonymous

>you are not nearly as anonymous as you think you are.
            I never said I thought I was anonymous. The assertion here is that the employers have the ability to "find" information tied to my name that you’re assuming is dirty. But it’s not, because I’m not retarded. It takes a modicum of self control to keep your personal accounts sanitary, but it’s not actually hard.

Your argument is that people should be scared of what information of theirs is online. My argument is that if you’re not a retard, you shouldn’t have any dirt online for anyone to find in the first place. The guy in the OP’s argument is that everyone should be outraged that people would judge others based on what tweets they liked using their personal accounts. These arguments are all related, the internet isn’t a consequence free playground. If you’re going to use social media, if you’re going to use your own identity, you should absolutely assume everything you upload could be discovered someday. And as such you’d be incredibly dumb or reckless to have anything but 100% squeaky clean personal accounts.

Anonymous

I wouldn’t mind if my society wants to make me a martyr for wrong think.
              Like you I’m also military, so prison doesn’t intimidate me.
              I’ve always spoken online assuming there is some glowfag sitting over my shoulder.

Anonymous

>I wouldn’t mind if my society wants to make me a martyr for wrong think.
                In America we’re soon going to have to settle issues around ‘free speech’ and ‘privacy’ and since everyone looks to the US for examples on these things we need to do it in a very demonstrative way. We’re actually lagging behind many countries on the privacy front seeing how privacy was never considered to be in question when things like the Bill of Rights were written.

>I’ve always spoken online assuming there is some glowfag sitting over my shoulder.
                That’s the smartest and most chad stance possible.
                1. Know there’s no such thing as real anonymity and everything you type could be read aloud in a court of law.
                2. "melanoidmelanoidmelanoid"

Anonymous

Hahahaha imagine using your real identity on any social media platform

Anonymous

Day of The Millennial Has Come
      >Gen X employer

Anonymous

Who the gently caress ‘likes’ thing on social media anyway? I’ve never given a like, follow, thumbs up/down etc ever. gently caressing vain people

Anonymous

I’m old enough to remember an internet when everyone used a ‘handle’ because putting your real name out there was a bad idea for just such a reason.

Stop putting your real name out there…

Anonymous

Holy shit they’re going off on a tangent about how these algorithms are designed to favor Nazis..

Anonymous

You mean to tell me that niche ideological filtering based on inadequate AI analysis is backfiring???

No surprise.

Libtards eating their own without even knowing it.

Anonymous

reminder that ALL LIVES MATTER or CHARITY NOT WELFARE is nazi behavior

Anonymous

>having a bunch of personal information on your twitter, using a pic of yourself and some parts of your real name
      >instead of naming your account something like digbiggernicks
      Do normgroids really?

Anonymous

>ruin someone’s life in minecraft
      >leave them with no reason to keep playing the game
      >not expecting retaliation from someone with nothing to lose
      Seems like a stupid plan.

Anonymous

lmao I recently had a job offer rescinded because of a background check. I have 1 speeding ticket and a 750 credit score. I have to wonder what they found out about me. I don’t use my personal email anywhere, I don’t have facebook, twitter or google and I use a VPN…

I have no idea.

Anonymous

This.

I have a two page resume chalk full of experiences going back two decades, posted to every job board, yet I get zero calls or emails. I’ve also covered my tracks with my real name and I’m nearly impossible to find except for processional sites.

I’m almost certain that there’s some kind of blacklist somewhere.

Anonymous

Same here man, two decades and all. Even my current job all my managers are black, and there aren’t that many blacks around here. I’m smart and a hard worker, I get promotions, but I can’t leave, scares me especially when I have burner email accounts I use. What did help was when I changed my specific work email address, I seem to get more call backs once I changed it, hope that helps.

Anonymous

What was the job?

Anonymous

Senior Software Engineer
          I have 6+ years of experience
          I have a (((github))) with tons of projects
          I have 8 references that I still talk to today
          I have a B.S. in CS from a top 15 school

I dunno what I did or how they found out.

Anonymous

>>White male
            >>"Unfortunately, we have decided to go with another candidate"

Anonymous

File an EEOC complaint, see how they defend themselves. Could backfire horrifically if they actually did find something terrible on you though.

Anonymous

Could be a mix up smth
            That habbened to no fly lists
            Someone with the same name maybe same dob

Anonymous

my credit score is 550, how gently caressed am i?
        >too poor to pay your bills? gently caress you, no job for you
        nice way to get a new oklahoma city. of course, i don’t personally possess the knowledge or motive to do that, but one day, someone will.

Anonymous

I wish I could have a printout of every post I ever made here.

Anonymous

Since the pandemic circle continues forward, may it be possible that companies like these either get to collect further info or will they have a hiatus of their own in regards to more closed businesses?

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.