are consoles dying?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard are consoles dying?

• This topic has 332 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 103 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

are consoles dying?

Anonymous

which character design is better, the one on the right or the left?

Anonymous

Wrong board, Gankerat,

Anonymous

the point of the bikini is to highlight the feminine form. I would go with the right since she seems to have longer hair and less jacked looking arms.

Anonymous

right but both are boring

Anonymous

they’re the same

Anonymous

Left, knees are jacked on righty.

Anonymous

That’s… that same character in two different poses

Anonymous

It feels like it. They were always just cheap gaming PCs but in this day and age it seems more so now that alot of people just use them to play PC games

Anonymous

Switch is 8th gen

Anonymous

Nes 3rd
        Snes 4th
        N64 5th
        Gcn 6th
        Wii 7th
        Wii u 8th
        Switch 9th
        Not nintendos fault the other guys wait nearly a decade between new consoles

Anonymous

WiiU is also 7th gen.

Anonymous

>Not nintendos fault the other guys wait nearly a decade between new consoles
          >*rereleases same console for the same price 4 years later*
          do nintentroons really?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

a generational leap in performance and capability

Anonymous

So the switch?

Anonymous

The switch made the jump to 8th gen, yes.

Anonymous

3DS was Nintendo’s jump to 8th Gen handhelds.

Anonymous

3ds is a 7th gen product anon.

Anonymous

The N64 was cutting-edge. The Switch is so far behind it that my cellphone playing Genshin looks better than BotW and runs at a higher frame rate.

Anonymous

> The Switch is so far behind it that my cellphone playing Genshin looks better than BotW and runs at a higher frame rate.
                That’s because the Switch is phone/tablet grade hardware from 2014.

Anonymous

Yes, an 8th gen handheld so why it’s present here when none of the others are, is baffling.

Anonymous

hos did the ps2 dominate the market that much

Anonymous

If you had a different console you were unironically bullied.

Anonymous

dvd player

Anonymous

glorified DVD player and little girls played kingdom hearts

Anonymous

DVD player and Sony kept selling it to third world poorfags for a very long time.

Anonymous

Sega,Xbox and Nintendo shit the bed hard in that gen.

Anonymous

Oops forgot my image

Anonymous

I don’t think that’s fair to say about the Xbox. I remember at that time we all thought a non-Japanese console could never make it in the industry, and in MS’s first endeavor they sold more units than Nintendo: "the" video game company at one point. Even more impressive when you consider Xbox had no Japanese presence. OG Xbox had some good ideas that would be adopted industry wide for the next generation: Xbox Live, internal storage. But they did totally shit the bed for gen 8.

Anonymous

Built in DvD player. To be fair they did have good games that generation as well.

Anonymous

Yes and no.

Yes in that they are hard to get and more people are coming to PC gaming until shortages hit PC gaming pretty hard. A lot more people were seeing the variety of options in it and a lot more companies started offering reasonable ways to buy one if they can’t build one of their own or are scared too. More stuff is multiplatform so unless they are a die hard for a certain JRPG or Nintendo game then there isn’t a reason not to go PC in that way.

No in that it will slowly drift back to what it was in the 80s and 90s, a thing for kids. There will be parents that chose console not trusting a kid with PC hardware, people that need something small and easy to move in a college dorm, or times when the greater cost of entry to PC despite its better value may stop some.

DVD players were 20 bucks not long after its launch, as in it came out in Oct and by Dec DVD players were cheap (getting to try DVD did get my parents to buy one in Dec though). It was a neat extra at best. And PS2’s were hard to get at the time so it really didn’t do much to help it. PS1’s reputation sold the PS2. PS1 crushed in its gen by miles and they just said ya we are making another one of those so everyone wanted one.

Anonymous

Nintendo shat the bed and pushed devs away to the PS1. PS2 became the natural console for most users due to that, while hardcore tendies stuck to GC.

Anonymous

based human answer. DVDbots suck my VIDEO_TS cock

Anonymous

3rd world DVD player
        The last Sony console that was good

Anonymous

it was a cheap DVD player with good games and the ps3 was so fucking shit at the start that the ps2 kept selling for almost 3 years after its start. also it was extremely easy to pirate it

Anonymous

ps2 was the best console of all time, that’s why. No console will ever come closer to having library of orinal games as good as the ps2’s.

Anonymous

best games mostly

Anonymous

It kept getting sold to places like Brazil and Africa well into the 2010s

Anonymous

It didn’t. They count consoles sold after the PS3 and Wii launched in 2006 and the 360 was a year old. PS2 sold 50 million mostly in “emerging markets” (aka third world shit holes) at budget prices after the PS3 and Wii (and 360) had already come out. It counts but it doesn’t count in the sense that people collapse the total into 2000-2006 but that is total bullshit. They do the same with GBA and collapse 80 million in between 2001-2004 despite GBA hardware selling well into 2006

Anonymous

Nintendo were in the middle of one of their shit the bed stretches and Xbox was just getting it’s footing. The PS2 had the best games of the generation but an even bigger factor was unironically the fact it was a DVD player

Anonymous

DVDs.

Anonymous

>dvd player
        >most available rent games from blockbooster
        >easiest to pirate

Anonymous

>easiest to pirate
          No, that’d be the Dreamcast, because Sega forgot to remove a backdoor that let it boot from regular CDs.

Anonymous

Nintendo shot themselves in the leg by continuing to piss off 3rd parties during the N64 era. Sony was the first choice on the scene to offer a large install base via this new fangled "DVD" technology, actively supporting 3rd parties and even making techniques that 3rd parties discover open for others to use, see also Crash Bandicoot back in the PS1 era.
        Come GC/PS2 era, Nintendo refused to market any games for adults, outside of Eternal Darkness, and instead focus entirely on children whilst releasing no big title games for the Gamecube. Physically you can store more data on a PS2 or XBOX disc than you could a GC disc because of simple size.

Anonymous

it had all the good games
        >MGS
        >Devil may cry
        >Onimusha
        >Dragon Quest
        >Final Fantasy
        >Resident Evil
        >Fatal Frame
        >Silent Hill
        >GTA
        >spider-man games
        >god of war
        >bully
        and much more
        the other platforms had no chance against this gigantic library and people didn’t give a fuck about mario and zelda at the time so Nintendo wasn’t much of a rival to Sony

Anonymous

There will never be a launch lineup this good ever again.

Anonymous

Only because Third parties hate Nintendo.

Anonymous

jesus christ, that is an amazing lineup

Why don’t console launches get lineups anywhere near this level anymore? You have 1, maybe 2 games that are decent and nothing else for months. Is it because AAA games are getting too expensive to produce, with too lengthy development cycles? Talented devs are making indie games these days rather than working on AAA games?

Anonymous

Half of them were also on PC. The rest of them are able to be emulated on PC.

Meh

Anonymous

damn that really is solid as fuck, something for everyone and all amazing games

Anonymous

This is actually 1 year post release for the PS2, but I don’t think we’ll ever see any seasonal lineup that good or close to it again.

Anonymous

No, the lifespan of PS2 was much longer – Sell in the shitholes during the era of PS3 + PS4.

Anonymous

This. For the first six-ish years of its life, the PS2 sold about what other popular consoles sold. Roughly 100, 110 million or so. The biggest difference was it simply kept selling very well for the next several years.

Anyone talking about anything but its cheapness is completely wrong. I suppose it needed all the other stuff to reach the top tier of popularity in a normal console life spam, of course. But after that it was all about how so many were made and sold for so cheap that, in the face of super expensive next gen consoles, it just kept getting sold in ever ass end of the planet.

Anonymous

Unironically because it was a DVD player.

Anonymous

good timing. It completely BTFO’d the dreamcast, and had a whole year to itself. The anticipation for The PS2’s release was greater than the second plane’s.

captcha: tmY2K

Anonymous

original xbox came late into the game. So much so that that they had to cut its life short because sony and nintendo were primed to release their consoles a few years later
        The game cube suffered from the n64’s downfalls
        The ps2 became piss cheap at some point. every hoodrat and third worlder could purchase it

Anonymous

for a lot of people it was a DVD player that also played games

Anonymous

At first, DVD player at a cheap price. Then it just had a strong library, easy to pirate and was sold to poor countries until like 2016.

Why isn’t the PS5 selling good?

Oddly enough, it’s their fastest-selling console. They can’t keep up with the demand due to the supply shortages. And scalper just make people want to buy one more.

Anonymous

Had the games I wanted specifically and just a fuckton of games in general. Hardware wise, I wanted the Xbox because having a built in NIC and Hard Drive were incredibly ahead of their time with only the Dreamcast having internet capability at that point without an add-on. Practically speaking though, Fable was available on the PC as was Halo, Ninja Gaiden and Conker’s remake weren’t enough to sell me on the system alone. Plus, Xbox live cost money whereas the PC was free.

I regretted not getting a Gamecube during that time too though, since the GCN had quite a few games I wanted to play: Fire Emblems, Metroids, Smash Bros, FF:CC, RE4/RE0, but the silver lining was that the Wii could play Gamecube games when it released so the only thing I missed was the durable form factor of the console.

By the time the 7th gen hit though, almost all the games I played regularly were on the PC or were emulatable, plus always online started to become a thing. And then 8th gen hit and there were basically no console games coming out that I cared about anymore since the AAA studios had switched from a focus on traditional gaming audiences to a wider focus to capitalize on the Wii’s success.

unironically yes
        pc and mobile will be the only relevant platforms in the future. people dont need consoles to run netflix or play dvds anymore, and there’s less and less reason to buy one when all their games come to the better platform later anyway.
        oh yeah, and streaming will take off. that’s the next thing that’s going to ruin the industry.

Streaming won’t take off for quite a while. Even though development has been improved leaps and bounds, there’s still the question of bandwidth, and no sane company would invest their future in it when ISPs in Ameriland and the UK/Aus are starting to make data caps the norm. For example, I stream from my home computer while at work, and I can easily use up about 80 GB of data in a single night if nothing else is going on. For someone who plays games 12 hours a day, it would result in around 3-5 TB of data per month just to stream, and that’s if you only used it to play video games.

Network infrastructure would have to improve an order of magnitude to work with it, and it doesn’t even consider outside of Europe and NA where bandwidth can be fairly spotty.

Anonymous

>Cheap next to the competition
        >not entirely dogshit due to it’s absurd data structure that managed to squeeze a lot out of what it got
        >a lot of competent devs drawn to a early video game economic boom
        >Memetic marketing
        >competition fucked up a lot
        Devs literally had to hack their way to making their games work for it but it still mogged way more powerful consoles.

Anonymous

Xbox had absolutely no brand outside of Halo, Gamecube had some fucking awful third party support due to the disc space being roughly 1/4th the size of a regular DVD and Sega killed themselves with every bad console that released between the Genesis and the Dreamcast
        PS2 was able to ride the success wave of the PS1

Anonymous

>Xbox had absolutely no brand outside of Halo
          Same as today

Anonymous

Because it had games unlike PS4/PS5.

>6 GTA games and around 10 Rockstar games
        >7 Atlus games
        >6 Ratchet & Clank games
        >3 Sly games
        >Final Fantasy, MGS, Persona, Monster Hunter were all exclusive to PS2

We will never have console like PS2 ever again.

Anonymous

It was Grand.

Anonymous

We have fallen from 6 GTA games and 10 Rockstar games to 0 GTA games and just one Rockstar game entire generation.

We have fallen from 7 Atlus games to just one.

All of that in a span of just 2 generations. Idk how can anyone in their right mind defend garbage PS4 library. HD gaming was a mistake it is nothing but trash.

Anonymous

I feel ya fren. I moved to PC gaming, but certain consoles still make me want to go back and play…
              New consoles feel like chinese bootlegs of pc’s lole.

Anonymous

I really miss the days when we had all Atlus games on just one console, noways you need to own PS4 for Persona 5, Switch for SMT V, 3DS for SMT IV baka.

Anonymous

Switch will sell another 30 million at least, PS5 another 90 and Xbox 50.
        That puts 9th gen up there with the 7th.

It’s not "that much".
        PS2 sold 100 million during it’s generation. The other 55 million came from 3rd world countries during 2006-2012 when other 6th gen consoles were no longer sold for a long time.

Anonymous

Home consoles maybe, we’ll have to see how the steamdeck plays out to make a judgement on handhelds but my guess is handheld or hybrids is the future of consoles.

Anonymous

The Deck isn’t a console, it’s a PC in a handheld form factor.

Anonymous

unironically yes
      pc and mobile will be the only relevant platforms in the future. people dont need consoles to run netflix or play dvds anymore, and there’s less and less reason to buy one when all their games come to the better platform later anyway.
      oh yeah, and streaming will take off. that’s the next thing that’s going to ruin the industry.

Anonymous

Of course. outside of recent shortages, PCs are more accessible than ever and consoles are essentially just PCs now. The only company who has a handle on this problem is Nintendo because of their IPs (and the fact that they’ve gone fully handheld). There used to be pretty strong pros and cons for PC vs consoles. Both sides had something desirable. But now, the people who buy consoles are just the people who have always bought consoles and haven’t thought much past that. The actual benefits are dwindling.

Anonymous

Not sure about this take.
        >The only company who has a handle on this problem is Nintendo because of their IPs (and the fact that they’ve gone fully handheld)
        Nintendo is doing find now, true. But what happens next? The Switch 2? How will that compete with Smartphones and Valve’s GabeBoy. Is the Switch’s succeeding for the same reasons as the Wii? Because it’s novel and a cheap stocking stuffer?
        >because of their IPs
        The WiiU had the same IPs and struggled and Sony has strong IPs as well. For the Switch to be a success, they had to terminate their console division, which is too your point, but I’m concerned that this success may go the way of the WiiU for gen 10.

Anonymous

Valve’s gabeboy isn’t going to compete with switch
          its an enthusiast product that is going to be gimped from get go by being linux only
          Valve will never start manufacturing 10s of millions of them. To Valve, its more of a tool to wean their core fans away from Windows monopoly.

Anonymous

Switch is 8th gen you moron

Anonymous

Xbox and Sony seem to think that Consoles are dying since all their exclusives are on PC, Nintendo thinks so too but they decided to be a mobile platform since they can’t compete.

Anonymous

Why isn’t the PS5 selling good?

Anonymous

You can’t buy one

Anonymous

Scalpers + Supply chain shortage has gimped supply.

Anonymous

Is the fastest selling playstation

Anonymous

>switch
      >9th gen

What a retard

Anonymous

[…]

Anonymous

I wish you could still build a high-end pc for 1200 bucks.

Anonymous

Should fact in the fact that you need a computer either way. I doubt consolfags dont own computers?

Anonymous

I spent almost 4 years posting from my PS3 browser

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

/thread

Anonymous

Are you implying PC has freedom? Try playing video games on any OS other than Windows and get back to me.

PC gamers are Microsoft’s bitch.

Anonymous

Uhh…?

[…]

Anonymous

Plenty of games run on linux natively, and the ones that don’t you can run through a compatibility layer. That’s beside the point though, cause windows isn’t at all restrictive the way consoles are. Windows doesn’t give a fuck if you pirate video games.

Anonymous

Microsoft doesn’t give a whole damn fuck what I play on my PC, I could very well be playing a porn game or fucking minecraft and Microsoft wouldn’t give a shit, meanwhile snoy needs to censor senran kagura because muh anime tits.

Anonymous

L M A O
          Even IF you count out the fact that you got tons of games on both mac and linux(plus those weird alternatives that nobody really uses) you still have the absolute freedom on all of them to emulate and rig it so that you can play the games from other OS’s.

Anonymous

Even in 2011, you couldn’t build a serious gaming computer for $1200. This fucking fake meme should have ended ages ago. It only helped me eventually go back to console gaming.

Anonymous

>$500
        100$ max for a ps4
        >70$ games
        either hax it and get free games or buy literally every good ps4 game for 15$ max
        >no freedom
        Ah yes the famous Steam DRMs+Denuvo+Windows 10 freedom

Anonymous

Unlike your overpriced pc garbage, playstation has games. There is no point in wasting $3000 on pc just to play console sloppy seconds, broken multiplats.
        Just buy ps5 and steam deck to have access to all games.

Anonymous

The PS4 has games, but you need a PS5 to make them playable.

Anonymous

In Japan yeah, nobody cares about anything that’s not gacha. Outside of Japan it’s fine

Anonymous

PC is king now. There literally is no competition.

Anonymous

The thing with PC is every generation, its library increases. PC games include stuff that go back to the 80s while consoles have their libraries separated and reset with every new gen. So it literally just keeps getting better over time.

Xbox games are getting ported to PC because MS also cares about Windows, Sony has started following that trend and the rest of the Nintendo that won’t go to PC easily gets emulated. I keep seeing dipshits comment on how PC has no games when the reality of it is, PC has nearly ALL the games.

Anonymous

[…]

>console will stay stagnant for 9 years, playing games on low throughout the entire generation
      >this is ok
      >B-BUT THIS PC CANNOT STAY STAGNANT YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE YOU HAVE TO IM A PC CHAD BTW SO THERE
      you are a retard.

Anonymous

Are PC gamers dumb?

Anonymous

Not as dumb as console players

Anonymous

If you think consoles are dying and PC is in a better spot atm you’re pretty dumb. PS5 is gonna sell more than PS4

Anonymous

how many exclusives does ps5 have?

Anonymous

Like 3 or 4

lmao

Developers favor PC over any platform
              https://www.techspot.com/news/89487-north-american-european-game-devs-prefer-creating-pc.html
              Steam hits record high revenue
              https://store.steampowered.com/news/group/4145017/view/2961646623386540826
              Steam has more MAU than PSN
              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-14-steam-has-over-120m-monthly-active-users
              you will continue to seethe about your insignificance

What developers prefer means nothing when talking about a platform "dying". It’s a business, developers do what their paid to do not what they prefer to do. I’m sure you preferred PC still had big budget exclusives and Half-Life 3 released years ago but reality is different

Anonymous

>PC doing better than ever
                >literally got double the releases this e3 than the second highest console
                >every developer and publisher rushing to put their games on Steam
                >NOOOOOO IT DOESNT COUNT NOOOOOOO
                your tears bring me joy

Anonymous

PC is not doing better than ever, the prices for graphics cards are astronomical, the most populated games on PC are dog shit garbage console players won’t even take a second glance at. The barrier of entry for steam is so low, there’s millions of people playing nothing but garbage on garbage toasters

Anonymous

oh man this cope is delicious YUM

Anonymous

We know single player games rarely break a million sales on steam when on PlayStation they always do

Anonymous

we know you’re a coper

Anonymous

That’s 1 game, with a heavy emphasis on multiplayer, the real single player games are all pirated. That’s why Sony won’t put their single player games day and date on PC, that’s why Square Enid and Capcom made Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter timed exclusive. People pirate single player on PC

Anonymous

>that’s why Square Enid and Capcom made Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter timed exclusive.
                        Nah, they did it because they were paid, that’s literally it.
                        Also
                        >Capcom
                        Don’t think that’s a dev you want to be mentioning nowadays.

Anonymous

Nah, paid is part of it, delayed PC release stems from piracy cannibalizes sales and you get double dippers

Anonymous

No, it’s entirely because they’re paid.
                        Hell, a lot of games rarely get PC versions in Japan because of publishers (mainly Sony and Squeenix) trying to block it so people buy the Playstation versions.
                        Real anti-competitive shit, it’s disgusting.

Anonymous

It’s really not because their paid, some games are still released exclusive and not paid. It has to do with what platform and demographics theyre targeting. Believe it or not sometimes some games just dont come to PC. Some Japanese developers just don’t care

Anonymous

>It’s really not because their paid, some games are still released exclusive and not paid.
                        No, again, it’s because they’re paid.
                        You can tell because a lot of those Jap devs that are still making exclusives put their games on Playstation platforms instead of Switch, which results to them selling like dogshit in Japan.
                        The most recent example being the latest Trails game.

Anonymous

So just cause they didn’t put every game on Switch, every PlayStation Maps exclusive is paid? But anything exclusive to Nintendo wasn’t paid?

Anonymous

Switch is the most popular platform in Japan by far.
                        If you’re a Japanese game and putting your game on PS4/PS5 but not Switch and it’s a game with PS3-tier visuals, then you’re either retarded, incompetent, or being paid.
                        And Trails is paying the price since their latest game flopped harder than any JRPG has in years.

Anonymous

I doubt Sony even cares about that game, they won’t even remaster Bloodborne and that’s one of the most requested Japanese games, Sony seems to not care about small japanese developers but theyre funding timed exclusives obscure shit nobody heard of? they only seem interested in securing the rights to Final Fantasy

Anonymous

>obscure shit nobody heard of?
                        >Trails series
                        Damn you’re dumb, those smaller devs are the only ones even making Playstation exclusives anymore, everyone else moved to Switch and multiplat development.
                        The only Jap dev they could get to make PS5 exclusives for them is Squeenix.

Anonymous

I think the problem is those devs don’t have the technology or money to make real PS4/PS5 games so they have to make shot that looks like it belonged on PS3/Vita

Anonymous

What’s your point?
                        Most of them don’t make Playstation exclusives anymore.
                        Even some devs who made their name making Playstation exclusives no longer make them anymore, since Sony decided to give Japan the finger.

Anonymous

What did Sony do besides close Japan Studio and censor visual novels? Seems like Japan just moved away from good games is the problem, cater too much to casuals women and children, games like Animal Crossing, Japan industry shrinked because Japanese gamers went for simple stagnant design instead of innovation and adaptation, they went for the cheap and easy traditional design instead of adapting like Kojima and Capcom

Anonymous

>Censor native games
                        >Close your Jap studios
                        >Change button layout to be more accommodating to westerners
                        >Force devs to do all communications in English
                        >Force new guidelines that fuck over niche Japanese devs
                        >Undership your new console in your "native" country
                        They did everything they could to make sure their brand died in Japan, and now fanboys such as yourself have the gall to bitch about Japan not buying Playstation games like they used to.

Anonymous

Actually Japan buys plenty of PlayStations, they only need to sell about 10 million each gen, same as PS1 sold, PS2, PS3 and PS4, they all sold about 10 million in Japan. Japan is on the right course, Japanese GA are getting better, PS5 is gonna have tons of big Japanese games and Western games are growing in Japan. There will be tons of amazing Japanese exclusives announced for PS5, announcement and surprises, licensed anime games, Fumito Ueada next game. Persona 6, PSVR2, there’s tons of games coming to the surface within the next few years. PS4 and PS5 has saved Japanese developers, Switch sold 100 million and what games have we got from it? It’s nothing but PS3 ports

Anonymous

Whatever helps you cope.
                        PS5 software attach rate is abysmal in Japan, the only people buying it are scalpers who want to sell it in other Asian countries since they got even less stock than Japan.

Anonymous

PS5 has no games Japan people would buy, most of them already played them on PS5, use your head, it takes time for installed bases to grow and new Japanese games to release, PS4 didn’t get games till 2016, maybe actually wait for the games, I wouldn’t count out Sony they been kind of successful in video game

Anonymous

What a fucking cope, by 2015 PS4 versions of games were already outselling PS3 versions.
                        Not a SINGLE PS5 game has outsold its PS4 counterpart thus far.
                        Some examples:
                        >[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 24,457 (New)
                        >[PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 11,271 (New)

>[PS4] Battlefield: Hardline (EA, 03/19/15) – 68,823 (New)
                        >[PS3] Battlefield: Hardline (EA, 03/19/15) – 28,976 (New)

We’re almost a year into this gen and PS5 games are still selling significantly less than their PS4 counterparts in Japan.

Anonymous

What PS5 games? Even stuff like the new Battlefield is just going to be BC+.

Anonymous

PS4 games are also selling less than they did even just a year or 2 ago, so clearly everyone’s not just buying the PS4 versions to play on their PS5.
                        Again, your cope is just getting sad.

Anonymous

I’m shocked that games that are 1 to 2 years old aren’t selling as well today.

Anonymous

Damn you’re stupid.
                        NEW PS4 games are selling less now than they were just 1 to 2 years ago, you dumbfuck.

Anonymous

There were big titles then anon, nothing big has come out for over a year. Unless you think that The Avengers flopping is indicative of industry decline.

Anonymous

>nothing big has come out for over a year.
                        >Lost Judgment
                        >Tales of Arise
                        >Little Nightmares 2
                        >RE8 Village
                        >Nier Replicant
                        >Kuro no Kiseki
                        All of these games sold far less than their previous entries on PS4, most notably RE8 Village and Nier Replicant, which sold FAR less, and PS5 sales didn’t pick up the slack for RE8.

My God, imagine living around minorities.

Hate to tell you this anon, but the vast majority of console gamers are minorities.
                        Especially the ones who are desperate enough for $150 that they’d need to sell their console.

Anonymous

Wow look at that big list of games I don’t give a single shit about.
                        >but RE
                        8 was a reversion to the mean, look at the sales, only 7 and the 2 remake have those big numbers.

Anonymous

>N-NO, THOSE GAMES DON’T COUNT
                        Cope.

Anonymous

Anon it is not shocking that the lack of fresh moviegames has kept software sales lower than when there are fresh moviegames.

Anonymous

none of those are big except for RE8, everything else on that list is low budget garbage that somehow qualified to be "AAA"

Anonymous
                        Anonymous
                        Anonymous

Maybe that has something to do with scalpers? Maybe that’s why PS5 is selling faster than PS4 scalpers. Once the games release and the scalpers die down I don’t see how PS5 isn’t going to be huge in Japan. Especially with Dragon Quest

Anonymous

Right, all the sales went to scalpers, who sold them in Asia.
                        In other words, there aren’t many actual Japs with PS5s.

Anonymous

Yep, it’s gonna take a few years but eventually people are gonna switch from PS4 to PS5 to play the next Final Fantasy games

Anonymous

>Seems like Japan just moved away from good games is the problem
                        Japanese devs actually hate Sony now since they moved their HQ because their games got rejected. Theyve all been migrating to PC fully now.

Anonymous

>Japan industry shrinked because Japanese gamers went for simple stagnant design instead of innovation and adaptation

Anonymous

So just cause they didn’t put every game on Switch, every PlayStation Maps exclusive is paid? But anything exclusive to Nintendo wasn’t paid?

Nah, paid is part of it, delayed PC release stems from piracy cannibalizes sales and you get double dippers

It’s paid, that’s the industry standard, do some more research instead of talking out of your ass and spreading misinfo

source: Epic Games’ court documents and Capcom database leaks (powerpoint presentations)

Anonymous

Of course, "muh pyraci" argument. Something console pleb diverges into when nothing more to add

Anonymous

It’s not even an argument, there’s no downside to delaying PC release, the Steamies will stay loyal so get that Sony/Epic money upfront, sell as many copies on console, then release on PC 6 months to 2 years later for double dippers

Anonymous

Who said steam is the only store on PC? There’s GoG, said epic. What is the point of your post?

Anonymous

You don’t want to release a big single player games on PC at release, if it can be pirated immediately at release it will eat into potential console and PC sales. Staggering releases across platforms and digital stores can increase sales. Expect more of it with big PS5 games

Anonymous

They should becouse people dont buy their games on consoles either

Anonymous

Do tendies know any genre other than mario and pokemon? Literal manchildren

Anonymous

see

PC is king now. There literally is no competition.

you have no stats just assumptions
                        >everyone is pirating on PC!
                        fucking cope lmfao if that were the case PC getting 200 more releases than the next highest console wouldnt make sense
                        in reality, PC is a market for adults with money. console users are too busy playing fortnite, FIFA, and call of duty.

Anonymous

"we know"
                        but we literally don’t

Anonymous

>Like 3 or 4
                is that it

Anonymous

>I’m sure you preferred PC still had big budget exclusives and Half-Life 3 released years
                why would i give a shit? exclusives are a meme.

Anonymous

Exclusives are a meme? So when I was playing Super Mario 64 in 1996 that was just a meme?

Anonymous

perhaps not in 1996, but in the modern day and arguably since gen 7 absolutely yes
                    half-life 2 wasn’t even exclusive btw, it had an xbox port.

Anonymous

It was exclusive for a while and the Xbox port wasn’t great

Anonymous

Big budget games that aren’t made by a small handful of Japanese devs have been shit for almost a decade anon.
                I think I can live without the latest western AAA garbage, and it’s not like they even have the graphics advantage anymore, there are AA games that look about as good as your typical top-end AAA game on less than 1/5th the budget.

Anonymous
              Anonymous

>An interesting note: various countries’ government bodies approached us and other large Internet companies to see how we could help mitigate the rise in global traffic that ISPs were seeing, because it was getting to a point where it was affecting people’s ability to work from home and their children’s remote schooling. In response, we made some changes to help manage the bandwidth during work and school hours, and to defer updates to the evenings.

topkek. Based Steam

Anonymous

>Steam has more MAU than PSN
              to be fair, steam basically counts you as an active user once you boot up your computer and log in to your account. You don’t even have to open up steam and you’re counted as being "active"

Anonymous

same with PSN.

Anonymous

Do you think it’s any different on PSN?

Anonymous

Why would developers favor PC?

I would think developing for console would be preferable, because you can design a game knowing it will work on every console you’re developing it for.

With PC, there’s such a wide range of different hardware configurations that there’s no real "base" to develop on.

Anonymous

>what is universal library
                l2p n git gud

Anonymous

I doubt that becouse xbox and nintendo arent dropping the bad like they did with Xbox one and the Wii U

Anonymous

wrong

Anonymous

[…]

its not a strawman you stupid faggot. your examples are literally why it "just works" they turn down the settings to match the hardware and target 30 fps.
      you can do that with any computer. set the game on low. you would know that if you werent being a disingenuous larping consolefag.
      >graphics slowly increase as devs are able to fully utilize the hardware
      LMAO this isnt the ps3 era, its a fucking amd apu using powerpc architecture. fucking christ.

Anonymous

[…]

Why didnt you just post a screencape?

Anonymous

[…]

>moving the goalposts this hard
      so we can both agree that you dont have to upgrade your PC every couple years?
      >post your specs
      lmao ok

Anonymous

Why so many hard drives?

Anonymous

because im a dumb faggot that needs to build a NAS already

Anonymous

[…]

>>graphics slowly increase as devs are able to fully utilize the hardware
      My dude, graphics haven’t improved since like 2015.

Anonymous

I hope so.
      I want video games to die in my lifetime.
      Just because that would be funny to see.

Anonymous

shitendo is, ps5 is projected to sell 100 million by the end of 2023

Anonymous

>Wii U still stomping the PS5
      Uhhhhhh Snoybros?!?

Anonymous

[…]

>I feel like a hand written timestamp is better
      It isnt

shitendo is, ps5 is projected to sell 100 million by the end of 2023

Lol the switch has outsold the PS5 for the last year anon

Anonymous

Cope
        100% of ps5s shipped out are sold, usually within hours of going on sale
        25% of shitches, and even then, I’m being generous, are selling. Mountains of stock are piling up in the back room of every gamestop and even retailers with an electronics department like target and walmart. There are massive shortages and supply issues of every single electronic product out there, not just gaming consoles, and shitch still can’t sell out? That’s a sign of how bad it is.

Anonymous

>absolute cope

Anonymous

>all of one PS5’s able to be manufactured sold the moment its put into market
          >FASTEST
          >BESTEST
          >SELLING CONSOLE
          >OF ALL TIME
          It’s the new cope after spiderman.

Anonymous

yeah cause they always out of stock making them impossible to get for most people. Give it some time, it will outsell the Switch soon

Anonymous

>Give it some time, it will outsell the Switch soon

Anonymous

>It will outsell the switch soon
          It will as soon as the pandemic ends and the supply chain stops being fucked.
          In 10 years.
          For now its best to not even give a shit about PS5s. Just wait until they release a powerful and cheaper version of it.

Anonymous

[…]

>That picture looks like shit though.
      Oh sorry, I should have posted some ugly blurry garbage.
      Maybe this is more to your liking.

Anonymous

[…]

>needing to upgrade components to keep playing new games at the same graphical quality and FPS
      My HD7870 lasted me the whole gen and played RDR2 better than PS4.
      If you’re constantly upgrading your shit then it was shit to begin with.

Anonymous

[…]

>I’m not moving goalposts
      you are, because you claimed that it would last you 9 years but a PC wouldnt. when all a PC has to do is turn the settings down just like a console would
      >How expensive is a PC that can run things at the same setting as PS5
      gee lets see the ps5 a console that cant hold native 4k at all and has to rely on "dynamic 4k" (4k when looking at a blank wall), my fucking old 1070 could do native 4k 60 on medium-low settings. and yet the ps5 cant even do that. I’ll let you think on that.
      >n-no timestamp
      cope. thats my PC, and yes I have a better gpu than you. you tried to flex your way out of an argument and you got stomped on. embarrassing.

Anonymous

get woke go broke

Anonymous

[…]

>needing to upgrade components to keep playing new games at the same graphical quality and FPS
      My 1070 lasted for almost 2 console gens and its still going. I havent upgraded shit.

Anonymous

[…]

>needing to upgrade for graphics and fps.

You haven’t had to do this since 2012.
      Since then, every game that preforms like garbage on a mid rig is purely due to optimization problems, that eventually get resolved by the devs or modders.

It helps that most games are multiplats and nobody bothers with graphical upgrades for the PC versions, you just need the specs to run those same ports at whatever fps you want.

Anonymous

[…]

>and it won’t continue to run new games at the same settings as PS5 unless you upgrade it.
      My dude, PS5 is already running new games at lower than max settings and has to drop below 1440p to maintain 60 FPS in a lot of games.

Anonymous

[…]

>and it won’t continue to run new games at the same settings as PS5 unless you upgrade it.
      Snoys in charge of basic fucking computer understand
      like their PC Port box is magically assembling new components inside of it via nanomachines over its lifetime
      LMAO

Anonymous

>that ps4 to ps5 drop
      top kek, fuck you, sony fanboys

Anonymous

[…]

wow. a ps5. so affordable.
      now add paid online and $70 games, no freedom, no customization, and far less games
      amazing.

Anonymous

[…]

>$500 for a console (a low end pc) will play everything for the next 9 years
      >$1200 for a mid level PC that you will have to upgrade in the next couple years
      what did he mean by this

Anonymous

[…]

>and you will have to upgrade the computer to continue to run newer games at the same settings as PS5
      No, you won’t.
      An HD 7870 from 2012 or 4 GB R9 270x from 2013 is still able to run games just as well as a PS4.
      You’re spouting retarded shit my dude, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Anonymous

Lmao wtf is switch doing at 9th gen? Its at most 8th gen but actually it is 7th gen looking at the ports its getting

Anonymous
      Anonymous

[…]

>A PC that plays a game at the same settings as a PS5 is still more expensive

Consoles are tied to lowest settings, this will never change. At best you’ll have medium.

Anonymous

[…]

>you need to upgrade
      How many times do you have to be told this hasn’t been true for nearly a decade?

The only games that have a vested interest in pushing hardware are PC exclusives which don’t exist anymore.
      The only reason you need anything over the equivalent of a 1070 is to run at higher resolutions and framerates over 60, which consoles cant even begin to touch.
      You might have had a point 15-20 years ago anon, but even then it was marginal at best, because anyone who upgraded back in 2012 or later hasnt had to touch their systems ever since.

Anonymous

hold on! those numbers for the PiS5 have gotta be wrong
      what happened to all the consoles bought by scalpers? do those not count as shipped?

Anonymous

[…]

nah, if you want 900P at 30FPS (PS4 performance) you can use really really old GPUs.

Anonymous

[…]

Wow, you’re a special kind of retarded.
      I doubt you even play on PC with this level of stupidity.
      https://youtu.be/YF8KKrInOEw?t=77

Anonymous

[…]

I hope you know they guess at what the minimum requirements are because PC is a broad as fuck spectrum

Anonymous

[…]

Prior to the collapse of the chip industry, about $400-$450.
      Assuming you’re not a retard who buys an Nvidia GPU to match consoles since Nvidia’s "console-tier" GPUs age worse than AMD’s.

Anonymous

why would any reasonable person play a R* game past gta 4?

Anonymous

Unironically one of the reasons for gtaV selling so much is because new copies of the game come with currency for the online mode, and when it’s on sale, it’s quite literally cheaper to buy copies of the game than to spend on microtransactions.

Anonymous

that’s one way to make you look good to investors

Anonymous

[…]

If youre smart, about 800$

Anonymous

[…]

>Those specs are at or above the “minimum”
      The R9 270x is literally below the "minimum" you lying cunt.
      Minimum specs mean nothing in the modern era.

Anonymous

[…]

>Now since everything is fucked (which has been my argument since the beginning the prices aren’t going to get better) good luck getting a console equivalent for the same price
      You won’t be getting a PS5 at MSRP either so it’s a moot point.

Anonymous

god I hope so it’s done nothing but bring the standard of games down to Zoomer accessibility levels.

Anonymous

[…]

>$250 for an 8 year old console
      That’s absolute shit.

Anonymous

[…]

>His CPU is way better than the min.
      His CPU also only sees about 20% usage at max you dumbfuck.
      At 30 FPS even a low-end i5 from 2013 would be fine for RDR2.

Anonymous

how did gen 7 achieve such a distribution?

Anonymous

[…]

Anon that machine will last 2 console generations, before you have to think about upgrading

Anonymous

[…]

>You can usually get them eventually if you just follow inventory trackers
      The same applies to a decent GPU, but no one except autists and scalpers wants to do that.

Anonymous

>The same applies to a decent GPU
        the last time you could realistically grab a gpu at msrp without bots was february

Anonymous

[…]

One is a computer that you can use as you please and the other is a locked down children’s toy, imagine being this much of a corporate drone to even compare the two.

Anonymous

consoles just keep getting more and more retarded. the only console worth owning in the 8th and 9th gens combined is the switch, there is no worthwhile exclusive or gimmick for any of the others over a PC

Anonymous

the Switch is 8th and 9th gen
      and the 9th gen is still ongoing

Anonymous

The 9th gen just started last year.

Anonymous

[…]

>>$800 for a PC equivalent
      Try $400, since PS4 ended production and is now all used, it makes more sense to compare it to a used PC.
      https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiplex-9010-business-desktops-workstations/p/1VK-0001-51R72?Item=9SIA8WVDN62779
      And a used GPU.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/284366010300?epid=24011386708&hash=item423588f7bc:g:raAAAOSwiuBgXgkz

[…]

It’s an out-of-production GPU you mongoloid, R9 270x GPUs are going for sub-$150 on ebay.

Anonymous

[…]

The absolute state of nintendies

Anonymous

[…]

>PS4 which you can find for $150 on eBay
      >all are 250$+
      Nice gnomish tricks

Anonymous

[…]

>Still much more expensive than a PS4 which you can find for $150 on eBay
      Show me some buy-it-now PS4s on ebay going for $150.
      The lowest I’ve seen is over $200, only the auctions go as low as $150, and that’s not a guarantee.

Anonymous

[…]

I bought my pc 1200 in late 2015 and it rapes your shitty ps5.

Anonymous

[…]

>Craigslist
      Great way to get mugged.

Anonymous

My God, imagine living around minorities.

Anonymous

Yes, mobile ""gaming"" took over and all you can do is seethe

Anonymous

This is the stupidest picture/post ive seen all month yet PC lards are falling for it. The switch was around for nearly 4 years of the 8th gens lifecycle and at least sold 70-80 million around that gen so 8th gen would be nearly as big as 7th gen

Also how the fuck are people comparing 9th gen here when it just fucking started and the sales reported so far has been the first 9ish months of that gen?

Do people not look at things and think if it just fits their terrible agenda?

Anonymous

Wii was 7th gen
        Wii U was 8th gen
        Switch is 9th gen
        It’s not that hard to comprehend.

Anonymous

the generation shit is completely fucked now since when nintendo released the wiiu and switch. Doesnt make me any less wrong that from 2013-2020 (which is considered the years of the 8th generation) consoles sold nearly as much as the 7th generation. This post is trying to act like console sales are down through how this picture was made but in reality its not true and consoles still sell pretty damn well as the ps5 and switch are being sold out everywhere

Think nextime retard instead of looking at some shitty Ganker pic

Anonymous

you snoys would always compare the PS4’s sales to the switch despite coming out like 4 years earlier
            now that the roles are reversed its not fun anymore is it? awwww 🙁

Anonymous

People used to argue that wii u was 7th gen and it really annoyed me.

Anonymous

[…]

I try to avoid console wars and I don’t mind which platform people prefer but it always warms my heart seeing a console fanboy explain how hardware and software work from their extensive research of "Reading marketing propaganda".

Anonymous

>that perfect split in 7th gen
      soul. true harmony.

Anonymous

[…]

Backpedaling already retard? 6 years of paid online. Ps4 and ps5. That’s alread much more than 1200, cuck.

Anonymous

[…]

Except there are plenty of games out there that run like shit on consoles.
      Lest we forget what Genshin was like for months after launch.

Anonymous

a FUCKING GACHA GAME REMIND MYOU.
        What a shit ass company

Anonymous

Not their fault the PS4/Pro have terrible CPUs.

Anonymous

China is the opposite of Japan when it comes to gaming

Japan makes good ports for consoles but shit ports for PC
        China makes good ports for PC but shit ports for consoles

Anonymous

[…]

Explain optimizing.

Anonymous

cross platform dying?

Anonymous

Yes. When playing a crossplay games, I keep seeing more PC players than the console players.

In addition, I see more Japanese players in Steam. You can see more their screenshots, videos, personal stuffs and more in any game hubs in the steam.

Anonymous

>When playing a crossplay games, I keep seeing more PC players than the console players.
        Funny, according to those PC players, the consolefags are so toxic, teamkillers, idiots, etc.

>console players are too low in the IQ distribution curve to function with normal people.

Disabling Crossplay will improve the game quality and experience.

Anonymous

>In addition, I see more Japanese players in Steam.
        They’re officially the 8th-largest language on Steam, which I find hilarious.
        There are more people with Jap locales on Steam now than there are Polish.

Anonymous

[…]

>My point is that more intensive games than genshin run well on PS4 despite how shitty it is.
      Your point is irrelevant because there will always be games that run like shit.
      Also
      >T-that doesn’t count!
      Like clockwork.
      The absolute state of Sony fanboys.

Anonymous

>nintendo killed the industry
      everytime

Anonymous

[…]

Yeh and my pc will last 5 more years of paid online. Get fucked sonytard.

Anonymous

[…]

Nah, PS4 just has a shit CPU, it’s not their fault.

Anonymous

>Switch
      >9th gen
      Lol

Anonymous

I sure hope so. Consoles are nothing but cancer all the way down at this point.

Anonymous

[…]

>not a 3070 or 3080

Anonymous

I’m sure if PC was the future of gaming it would have already been the standard today.
      But it isn’t, and hasn’t.
      We’ve been hearing of the PC dominance since 2006 and it’s remained pretty stagnant since then.
      I’ll check back in another 15 years and PC will probably be in the same state it is in today.

Anonymous

Every single trend that became popular started on PC, ranging from online gaming itself to the Battle Royale genre to VR.
        Consoles are the "standard" for watered down versions of thing that were new to PC gamers years and years before.

Anonymous

>ranging from online gaming itself to the Battle Royale genre to VR.
          Fuck PC for introducing these cancers.

Anonymous

Add to that microtransaction, subscriptions etc.

Anonymous

Don’t forget about updates and patches.
            PC ‘gaming’ is cancer of gaming industry.
            We would be better with that garbage dead.

Anonymous

Imagine being proud of platform starting bad and cancerous trends. lmao

And not everything was started on PC. Platformers, Hack and Slash, JRPGs, Soulslike all started on consoles.

Anonymous

Switch goes on 8th gen list where 2 of the platforms have a larger userbase than Steam.

Anonymous

I’ve been a console gamer since I got my PS1 back in 1998. Now I’ve recently been shifting towards PC gaming.

IMO, playing vidya on PC just makes me sense nowadays. The convenience, ease of use, and exclusives that made consoles great back in the Late 90’s-Late 00’s are largely non-existent these days.

Anonymous

>Microsoft only finished last in their most successful generation
      lol

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

>made up numbers from vgcharts

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Just consoles trying to be PCs

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

Meanwhile in PC gaming

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

[…]

Not sure it would take that long. Xbox players I knew all went to PC because its the same thing with more options and no paid online. Sony is a similar boat but has some titles, but more and more see lost money in being exclusive because the size of the gaming market is big enough those paid exclusivity deals aren’t as good, or at least it seems so. And Nintendo is really just a handheld now that competes on a few titles and novelty. And their last two entries really had little to offer beyond first party and the one before that wasn’t so hot beyond its initial craze either.

Meanwhile in PC gaming

ngl that is kinda awesome.

There will never be a launch lineup this good ever again.

Missing Armored Core 2 (it actually launched before the console somehow). Damn why did people say this was a bad launch I played the shit out of AC2 and MGS2 and GTA3.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Consoles could be successful if they were built for people who love video games, but they are made for the average hylic instead.

Anonymous

I wonder if SteamDeck would be that.

Anonymous

It very well could be, if it’s done correctly. Not sure what will become of it, but looks exciting.

Anonymous

recently I read that apple garden gnomes made more money from video games than the big 3 combined. truly the worst timeline.

Anonymous

Considering PS5 and Switch are fastest selling consoles, no.

Anonymous

no, nobody cares for $3000 pcs

Anonymous

>Wii U
      >bounced back with the Switch

The Wii U was a total piece of shit, it’s a miracle Nintendo found their footing again and sold gangbusters after that.

Anonymous

The Wii U was a fine console, with fine software (which sold gangbusters like you described after being ported to the Switch)
        The problems it had were being a "half gen" that was stronger than the 360 and PS3, but not competitive with the PS4 and XBOne even though that’s what it was up against, and marketing.
        It was a more core console compared to the Wii and was looking to upstream that playerbase into more core gamers.
        But anyone who that was going to work on had already upstreamed during the Wii console gen and bought one of their competitors’ family of products.
        A bad side effect of the Wii being a supplementary system to the gaming experience offered by the other two manufacturers

Anonymous

American games are dead.

Anonymous

Todd will save the industry, you only have to subscribe.

Anonymous

>subscriptions

Cancer. Not even joking here.

Anonymous

I mean you can buy Starfield if you want, but everything MS owns and a lot they don’t shows up on the subscription service.

Anonymous

[…]

wtf Keenan

Anonymous

Nah. I just moved from PC to PS5 as my main gaming platform

Viewing 103 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.