Are you enjoying New World, anon? You are playing the official WoW killer, r-right..?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Are you enjoying New World, anon? You are playing the official WoW killer, r-right..?

• This topic has 95 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Are you enjoying New World, anon? You are playing the official WoW killer, r-right..?

Anonymous

eat my ass kid

Anonymous

B A S E D

Anonymous

New Dogshit

Anonymous

Nobody I game with is playing it, how is the game for a solo player?

Anonymous

Uplayable

Anonymous

I figured

Anonymous

He’s full of shit. I play solo most of the time, and it’s a non-issue. If you want to do pvp, just roll with your faction, it’s what literally everyone does.

Anonymous

Played until level 47.
      Ran out of quests at level 38 and spent forever doing dungeons to level up since this game’s leveling is dogshit, then quit.

Anonymous

>trash combat
      >trash endgame
      No, I will not be playing.

Anonymous

Played it for a couple of days but it’s too bland to hold my interest. The crafting and gathering system is good and the fighting system is a lot better than the usual TAB targetting number mashing shit. But the overall personality of the game is bland and uninteresting. It’s the same old PG rated grass, forests, and wolf mobs we’ve seen a million times before. Marketed for mass appeal with no personality or soul. There’s absolutely nothing original or engaging about it whatsoever. If it had a horror theme like Secret World, or a sci-fi theme like Starcraft I’d probably be more interested in it.

Anonymous

The map is the same everywhere it’s so stupid. A 20 yr old game like wow had more than 1 biome

Anonymous

they don’t even have 2 biomes? fucking lmao.
          do all the dungeons share a biome as well?

Anonymous

they don’t even have 2 biomes? fucking lmao.
          do all the dungeons share a biome as well?

every territory is a biome of its own wtf are you talking about
          like brightwood is an entire cursed spooky biome, ebonscale is overly asian and everfall is a giant autumn forest

Anonymous

yeah, one is a spooky forest, one is an asian forest, one is an autumn forest.
            They’re completely different!

Anonymous

Yeah I agree, they have trees and rocks in every area. Shit game, shit devs.

Anonymous

yeah, samey biomes is totally the only reason it’s shit.
                Oh, by the way, don’t look into the story, gameplay, missing features, bugs, or dungeon keys, or most of the rest of the game for that matter. Ignore the fact that Fortnite has more complex gathering mechanics than this game and gathering is a huge part of it.

Anonymous

>dungeon keys
                  I feel like I should have an opinion about these, but the thing is I have barely bothered with the dungeons.

Anonymous

when you start getting to late 30s, early 40s, you start running out of worthwhile quests and Amrine becomes the best way to level because it is much shorter than the 2nd and 3rd dungeons and you can get through it more consistently.

Anonymous

>Swamp filled with gators, cypress trees, bogs, etc
              >Chinese style forest, mountains with local architechture and woodland baddies
              >Rocky Mountain style area with snow/ash found nowhere else
              >European style plains, low and high mountains

It really does fill out almost every biome on Earth aside from African Savannah. So unless you’re saying that the Earth itself isn’t diverse, you’re completely and utterly wrong

Anonymous

There are a lot of contrarian NPCs in this thread who haven’t even played the game. They’re just desperate to have their garbage invalid opinions projected at people who aren’t losers like they are. They’re underaged or else they just argue with underaged NPCs, either way retards like that have nothing of value to say or contribute anywhere. Just ignore them imo

Anonymous

Spamming literally 6 skills (literally in the literal sense) is so much fun.

What a low effort shitheap.

Anonymous

just took over ebonscale from stinky green

Anonymous

Nobody does new world has only been shilled by WoWfags because they were desperate for a win after XIV ass raped them

Anonymous

I’ve been bitching a lot about the crafting system, but it’s a lot more tolerable now since I’ve started using the higher tier reagents. I still think the constant reliance on bottom tier materials is bad, but getting productions nearly doubled takes the edge off.

Anonymous

Yes. My mining, harvesting and skinning are 90 something so I’ll have them a over 100 soon. I just went from 27 to 28 while exploring the Cutlass territory for the first time, I forget the exact name but it’s the southwestern most territory on the map. Killed some alligators which was ezpz with bow and spear. I’m taking a break from doing Amrine runs and focusing on leveling up a bit more.

I haven’t tried pvp yet but I’m about to, maybe before 30. Medium armor dex build with lots of cc and pewpew seems good and thats what I use uwu

Anonymous

It’s an MMO, piss away hours of your life to watch numbers go up.

Anonymous

This game is blatantly disliked. It has failed.

This is a damage control ad. Thread/

Anonymous

>2 weeks since release and half of the population already quit
      see for yourself

Anonymous

thats pretty good considering shit tier games like ffxiv can barely even pull 50k active players.

Anonymous

>it’s the most played game on steam. it’s a failure!

Anonymous

There was a big update, the game was out for most of the day yesterday, that’s the reason for the dip.

Anonymous

The Bezobucks run out and the shills are on to their next contract. Move on goy they got your money already.

Anonymous

WoW killed itself years ago.

Anonymous

oh no, don’t tell me you drank the Amazon marketing kool-aid and actually bought this game? The grifters are already done with their sponsorship and have all moved on, and the devs haven’t even said anything about future content or a roadmap of some kind. The games dead

Anonymous

n-noooooooooo!

Anonymous

The whole project is just for training for them. Will be interesting to see what they decide to work on next after the LotR idea got ditched. Not that I’d play their games.

Anonymous

Play hours every day. It’s the best MMO I’ve played in 20 years. I could never go back to FF14 after playing New World. That said, fast travel is too expensive, and when I close the "upcoming war" notification, leave it fucking closed.

Anonymous

Quit at level 45 a week ago, I had alot of fun playing it but until they announce updates I don’t understand why people are forcing themselves to grind to level 60. World PvP and the combat was far better than any other MMO on the market but that doesn’t mean anything if they just forgot to make quests that make me care about the game. If they make an expansion/update which adds a new zone with an actual story/goal to work towards i’d start playing it again

Anonymous

All the garden gnome…i mean influencers already got their shekels and moved on to the next thing, the game is garbo

Anonymous

Where that from?

Anonymous

The combat is absolutely the worst shit ever conceived for an MMO. What faggot at Amazon thought not even a handful of abilities across both weapons and clicking LMB 99% of the time was fun?

Anonymous

>t. got filtered by a Cov player

Anonymous

Nah m8, tab target needs to die in a fucking fire already, it only exists because of limitations of the past that don’t exist anymore. I’m supportive of any game that tries to move away from that dogshit obsolete system.

Anonymous

Not him and while MMO combat systems are by default garbage (since they have been designed to be playable by the lowest of the lowest), that’s such a non-argument. All the systems and technology we currently have are limited in one way or another. That doesn’t mean all systems and current technology are garbage.

While average TAB MMO combat is dogshit (mainly because it relies on cooldowns, long channel times and all the usual dumbed down features), the action versions share similar bad features and often come down to spamming a few buttons.

Anonymous

>Seething so much about games he hates
            You should have a nice day sometime

Anonymous

filtered. the combat is actually good compared to the faggot clickfest slog from 99% of MMOs

Anonymous

Hit 60, realized that there’s no endgame besides wars.
      The game is obviously meant to be a fantasy rust that was turned into an mmo for "mass appeal".

Anonymous

Xenoblade ruined MMOs for me. I can’t find an MMO with gameplay as fun as that.

Anonymous

Game doesn’t know what it wants to be so it trys to do everything and fails pretty spectacularly.
      It was clearly made with faction conflict in mind ORIGINALLY but now it serves no purpose. With toggleable wpvp, theres no reason to ever give a fuck about who owns what area besides slightly paying more for services or pvp in general. Doesn’t help that theres basically only two factions with the 3rd one just completely falling off the map already.
      The best gear in the game is crafted but even just looking at the musket is enough to tell you who ever designed it didn’t know what the fuck they were doing. The best musket you can make focuses on being a mages secondary weapon which is dumb since its mainly a dex weapon that only slightly scales with int and mages are a ranged class anyway, it gives you a lot of focus which is just healing / mana regen which doesn’t help the musket at all and a pathetically small amount of dex thats retarded to put on this musket thats special ability is that it scales with int. The second best musket you can make is a musket with a lot of strength on it for no reason, when the musket has nothing to do with it.
      The classless system means that people can build whatever they want, but the best end game crafted loot will funnel them into making specific kinds of characters to get the most out of the best end game loot.
      Having basically no control over what stats crafted or random dropped items have in this classless game is retarded, no one wants a two handed great hammer with fucking focus on it or other irrelevant stats. Also doesn’t help that gear can give bonus effects to your abilities and since the games classless and you pick 3 of your 6 weapon abilities AND chose between light / medium / heavy armor you’ll very RARELY ever find loot with a relevant skill on it, and the two times I did by reaching 35 the gear didn’t have the fucking stats i use on it or the armor type I use.

Anonymous

You must shouldn’t even consider making an mmo until your prototype has soul. Then you staff up from there. Anything else is an egowank until the inevitable expensive launch campaign plateaus and rapid decline begins.

Anonymous

Come home gamer man, come and play the superior Amazon hosted game (soon).

Anonymous

1/3 FFXIV peak numbers with just 3 countries, move aside FFXIV!!

>Korean MMO
        The sad part is MMOtards are actually going to fall for this tired song and dance yet again

Anonymous

I see your point, but the game is already released and 2 years old. The vote is already out, and it’s considered a top MMO from the numbers even though it’s basically only Korea carrying it. Japan doesn’t play PC only MMOs and they especially don’t play mathematician games. I’m just shitposting by calling it the greatest game ever, but in all seriousness can a game with 97% positive rating from an alpha test really be that bad? There will always be retards that are prone to thinking a game will solve everything, and there’s nothing that can be done about them. For those who want a good and new MMO that isn’t built on a 10+ year old foundation, then this is likely it.

Anonymous

1/3 FFXIV peak numbers with just 3 countries, move aside FFXIV!!

Anonymous

Syndicate > Covenant > Marauders

Anonymous

im lvl 40 and i feel like i already beat the game, now all that happens if my faction gets raped by the other 2 factions because we have a fraction of their numbers and theres no reason to play

Anonymous

Good game for watching tv, kinda like runescape

Anonymous

Dead game

Anonymous

I thought this game could last for a month, but it barely lasted a week.

Anonymous

can i do dungeons solo

Anonymous

Its far better than FFXIV and WoW/Gw2 is dead and irrelevant so its the best MMO on the market right now.

Anonymous

If you like good combat and not animation locked tab targeting bullshit with good PvP, then yeah it’s better. If you like troon tier anime story, FFXIV is your choice.

Anonymous

my friend got a 24 hour ban for offensive name.
      his name?

Chigurh.
      as in, Anton Chigurh from the oscar winning film No Country For Old Men

Anonymous

Uh…a WHITE man? How can you not see how naming your character that is problematic?

Anonymous

Everyone seething about New World are butthurt FFXIV trannies or mad WoWtards because they know even more people are leaving to play this game. Every other MMO isnt even worth mentioning because they’re full blown irrelevant and no one cares.

Anonymous

Sorry but since when does hundreds of thousands of concurrent players constitute a “dead game”? Seems like hot cope to me

Anonymous

Why are FFaggots still making threads? Are you really this asshurt no one is sitting in Lominsa ERPing with your (Male) ass?

Let them cry about it, they’re doom posters and cant enjoy anything in life anymore. Literal pathetic losers that bitch about everything.

Anonymous

Why are FFaggots still making threads? Are you really this asshurt no one is sitting in Lominsa ERPing with your (Male) ass?

Anonymous

Things that make it better than WoW/FF14
      >no monthly subscription
      >no gay sweaty ass end game savage/mythic raids for try hards, so no need to join a discord group unless you know an officer who will register you for Wars.
      >Story isn’t a focus
      >Freedom to go wherever you want
      >crafting and gathering is on par with Runescape
      >group content is there, but minimal.
      >wars, territories, and taxes are a nice idea

some improvements to be made
      >some zones are just flat out better than others because theres better resources around the map like Everfall/Windsward
      >other zones will probably be empty after everyone hits 60 and the ones I mentioned will have the most activity with trading
      >questing is obviously not as good or as intricate as Runescape. It’s about as generic as it gets
      >There’s almost zero benefit to flagging yourself as PvP, so no one does it. Including myself. It just wastes your time
      >town board exp and mission rewards doesn’t make any sense for the amount of effort it takes. Catching 10 salmon for a measly 1300 exp takes 6 hours. Hunting 10 boars takes 5 minutes for almost the same exp
      >Azoth gain is slow, unless you’re deliberately walking around. I think people will get burned out fast if they can’t fast travel
      >there’s only 6 mobs in the game. You’re just seeing the same enemies over and over again

Overall, I’m having fun, but it was never going to be a perfect game. Nothing is.

Anonymous

>group of people I played obscure mmo with started playing at launch
      >they hardly play after week one
      Wow, how did I know? Oh that’s right, because I’m not stupid.

Anonymous

The setting is dog shit and the art direction in terms of gear and weapons is extremely bad. If the game had a Sekiro like setting i would probably play it every day for years.

Anonymous

watching my friends rage over this game and its region change services is one of the funniest things ive ever seen in my life. its a game made by jeff bezos and they expected a quality product and good customer service. literally dying.

Anonymous

Yup. It’s fun, it feels like Runescape for me. Playing heavy S/S + Warhammer build. To give some summary of the game

++ Crafting and Gathering is runescape tier
      + Fun action gameplay, the weapons feel (mostly) good
      + Higher tier dungeons are actually challenging
      + Territory control is great (after the influence bug fix)
      + A lot of viable weapon builds that weave together nicely
      + The world is beautiful
      + Housing is actually meaningful

— Fuck AG for making too little enemy variety, literally the worst offender
      — Copypaste beginner towns, it gets better for higher levels
      — There is alredy a clear meta forming for large scale PvP that won’t allow variety unless devs do something about it
      – Not much initiative to use crafting products before 40 lv
      – I’m afraid that the economy won’t work once majority of players reach endgame

Anonymous

Is big sword viable?

Anonymous

There are no big swords in this game.

Anonymous

Surely there is a 2 handed sword at least, or spears?

Anonymous

There are spears but when it comes to swords, you have a gay little rapier and a 1 handed sword/shield combo.

Anonymous

fuck that then, I’m not playing this game

Anonymous

Are they gonna fix weapon swapping? Shit feels so slow and delayed.

Anonymous

It’s actually low key best animation cancel in the game, but yeah it needs a fix.

Anonymous

>It’s actually low key best animation cancel in the game
          What animation cancelling you literally cant animation cancel with weapon swapping.

Anonymous

You can dodge cancel. Meaning that if you swap weapon during a dodge, you will bypass the ‘stop’ frames your character does every time he comes out of a dodge.

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know
            ngmi

Anonymous

Thinking about getting it, but im not sure if its worth it.

Anonymous

dont, its not. PLay any other game, do any other thing in the world

Anonymous

Nope. I stopped playing. Skills are not interesting and no classes = no replay value not that it matters anyway seeing how you can never make alts

NCCP77

i was until i hit level 40 and did the quickmath in my head telling me i’ll have to pick and chop and skin literally thousands more times to get most my crafting skills even close to 200. yeah no thanks.

Anonymous

I think I made it to level 11 and had done three non town board quests before I accepted the game had the worst combat I have ever seen in an mmo and logged out forever

Anonymous

It actually has the best combat in any MMORPG but you would not know since you never got to the point where you have 6 weapon abilities unlocked. Go take your adderal and play WoW.

Anonymous

>It actually has the best combat in any MMORPG
          lmao at your life

Anonymous

Then which one? And don’t say BDO or you’re going to look like the retarded one.

Anonymous

im enjoying it. just level 15 though. and it for sure has soul compared to most games out right now. closest game to early rs2

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.