Be honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick l…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Be honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick l…

• This topic has 228 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 78 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Be honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick like portability, are you?
      We can’t consider you part of the PC Master Race if so. This is not PC gaming. This is a joke, and a very offensive one from Gabe.

Anonymous

Yes i am i rarely play games anymore and the old games i reply will run at a smooth 300fps on this thing.
      But seriously nothing new is coming out ever so this will be my forever solution i will literally get 2 just for spare parts.

Anonymous

>i will literally get 2 just for spare parts.
        They will be selling spare parts separately, this is fucking retarded.

Anonymous

>run at a smooth 300fps
        laughs in 30fps w/ drops on Portal 2

Anonymous

inb4 he claims to be talking about fucking scummvm or something else you can run on a shit-tier smartphone these days

Anonymous

What’s the problem with scummvm?

Anonymous

this is actually going to be a significant upgrade over my current laptop.
      btw races don’t exist, chud

Anonymous

Oy vey.

Anonymous

of course not, and i don’t expect much from it like some retards. i just want to play some emulated games while on my bed etc.

>btw races don’t exist, chud

lmao tard, do you even k-means. how many times did you lose this debate already?

Anonymous

Not everyone is stuck at home all the time, fatfag.

Anonymous

>We can’t consider you part of the PC Master Race if so. This is not PC gaming. This is a joke, and a very offensive one from Gabe.
      Not part of your cult.
      Anyways, I don’t need this, I already have a laptop.

Anonymous

I work from a PC all day and it’s killed my desire to play on my gaming PC when I get home
      This will help fix that

Anonymous

Did you lose your desire to sit in a chair as well?
        I’ll never understand this shit take. I can only imagine it’s something made up by brats that have never had a job in their life.

Anonymous

This is retarded lmao. It’s more like you work as a cook and then for fun when you get home you cook the rest of the night. And then wake up and cook all day again.

Anonymous

It’s not healthy sitting at a desk all day long, retard. If you work at a desk for 8 hours it’s not a good idea to spend several more at a desk in the evening / at night. You’ll regret it by the time you’re 35.

Anonymous

>Bro just sit in front of a pc like a slave all day lmao

Anonymous

>bro just stare at your apple slab hunched back all day lmao
            you’re doing it right now inbred mongoloid

Anonymous

Yeah but that’s for enjoyment, a PC is primarily for work.
              If you manage to find enjoyment from your pc6 then congrats, but almost everyone associates them with school and work. The simple reason why PC gaming never took off with the common masses.

Anonymous

>PC gaming never took off
                ???

Anonymous

>Work in IT fixing bullshit computer things all day
          >Come home to play vidya
          >Get some software error or some shit
          This is why I like my switch. If I run into the slightest inconvenience at home I say fuck it because I’ve been dealing with stupid windows shit all day.

Anonymous

Valve hasn’t made anything worthwhile since like 2010, literally just hoarding money from steam and the retards who pay them. Now they release shit like this. Only mentally stunted boomer boards like Ganker praise valve nowadays.

Anonymous

I got one of these, because I’m not a dumb steamsucker

Anonymous

>I’m not a dumb steamsucker

Anonymous

>using steam
          >only using steam
          learn the difference, melanoid

Anonymous

Choose your words better then, chink.

Anonymous

>It’s your fault I get so easily confused
              You are SO black it’s not even funny

Anonymous

>implying Steam Deck will not be able to run games outside of Steam

Anonymous

Using steam at all is enough to put you on a wall of shame.

Anonymous

Stupid hipster faggot.

Anonymous

lol prove that you don’t have a steam, and also own a gaming PC

Anonymous

Intel video drivers are shit

Anonymous

Eh. I think I have come across one game where they were an annoyance, and I just changed the resolution. Never had a game not work at all.

Anonymous

I’ve had games not work well on my Win2 because the screen is basically a flipped cellphone screen, is the Max some bullshit like that as well?

Anonymous

Nope. not at all. From memory, when I had a win 2, I had problems like that myself…with some of the soul reaver games? They would play in like..half screen? I paid 50c for a program on steam that fixed it, in the end.

Anonymous

I feel like I talked with you tons of times by now in these threads, have you really not have any hardware problems with GPD? I must have the worst fucking luck, you have no fucking idea how many times the Win2 (or rather multiple Win2s) failed on me.

Anonymous

I think I have only been in about 2 of these threads. Maybe we met in one of those. I had a battery problem in my win 2, and it would only hold about 60% of the charge. I bought a battery to replace it, but I ended up trading it for a modded switch and a few games in the end and getting a win max. Apart from that, no? Maybe a dead pixel, if that counts?

Anonymous

Hum.. to be honest I was this close to buying a Max but then the Deck was announced and I got a Q1 one. I just can’t take more fucking headaches from hardware failures, I honestly hope yours holds out.

Anonymous

It makes perfect sense for most people to buy a deck. I think I will probably get one in January, because there will certainly be quite a few of them on ebay. Guess I am gonna wait to see how they perform properly first. I really hate using Linux, especially for games.

Anonymous

You’ve actually planned ahead to overpay a scalper instead of just having made a reservation so you can pay MSRP? lol

Anonymous

>scalper
                        the amount of children who will be selling theirs because they can’t play RDR2 on ultra at 60fps will be phenomenal.

Anonymous

The max is great, but if you have had hardware problems with GPD, don’t do it. Nobody flat out deserves your money if you’ve been burned before.

Anonymous

You would think that people would be nicer about these devices, considering that the steam deck is one of them. But I get the impression that people only want the deck because it’s a Valve-made product, not because of anything it does/can do.

Anonymous

Good on you for getting a UMPC that actually has a keyboard.

Anonymous

I learned my lesson the hard way, anon. I will never buy another UMPC that isn’t clamshell with a real keyboard. That’s why the GPD win 3 can go fuck itself, along with the steamy upper-decker

Anonymous

Yeah, the win 3 reveal was such a massive disappointment. I expect every win max out there to outlive it. I hope GPD continues the max line, I just refuse to "upgrade" to a UMPC that will be shit for any game that needs regular text input.

Anonymous

Have fun with GPD’s dogshit build quality and Intel’s shitty GPU drivers.

Anonymous

>I have never touched a GPD device in my entire life, but someone on Ganker told me I should hate it, and they seemed so CONFIDENT

Stay salty.

Anonymous

Looks extremely uncomfy. No thanks.

Anonymous

>I have brittle bone disease
          Sorry for your loss

Anonymous

Things PC gamers actually enjoy:

>High settings
      >Crisp Visuals
      >High Resolutions
      >smooth FPS
      >Wide range of view
      >comfortable gaming sessions
      >longer gaming sessions
      >RTS and Grand Strategy

Things that Steamtrannies want you to believe PC gamers actually enjoy:

>Lowest settings
      >lowest LOD
      >720p
      >locked 30 FPS
      >7 inch screen
      >holding a brick in your hands
      >3 hours of Portal 2
      >Console ports

Anonymous

I don’t understand these posts. I spent over 2k on my PC and I’m getting a Deck for the moments that I’m not able to use it, ie. traveling, commuting or hanging out in another room. It’s also going to be useful to use it with my family and for some coop play. What is even your point?

Anonymous

get a laptop

Anonymous

Why? They are more expensive or have worse specs at that price point, can’t be played with easily unless you carry a controller around and are much more cumbersome.

Anonymous

Unironically the worse option

Anonymous

why are you so desperate for me to not buy a steam deck?

Anonymous

Because the Switch is better

Anonymous

What if he has a switch?

Anonymous

laptops are for retards.

Anonymous

People are retarded anon. They don’t realize that the best use for the streamdeck is as a companion piece and not as a replacement.

Anonymous

i’m looking forward to streaming my desktop with it, being able to run games directly on it mite b cool too. lord knows i need to get away from my desk

Anonymous

>i’m looking forward to shifting as many units of the Valve Steam Deck as possible! Lord knows I need to make that commission!

Anonymous

you got me bro, if you’re discussing video games on Ganker you’re a shill. i should find the nearest thread whining about trannies so i can get back on topic

Anonymous

>discussing video games
                  >trying to shill a product that is not released and about which we know very little, by using reddit-tier "oh my lord, I am going to use this to stream my desktop, who is with me bros?" vernacular.

Nothing of value was lost.

Anonymous

daily reminder that nobody can ever produce hard evidence of shilling on Ganker. feel free to prove me wrong. people talking about things you don’t like isn’t "evidence"

Anonymous

Say the word, Salesman

Anonymous

I don’t need to say anything. You can’t prove shills even exist here, so you have no power to make me say anything. You lose.

Anonymous

So how much do you make and how can I also get paid to post on Ganker?

Anonymous

melanoid. I’ll take that evidence, now

Anonymous

Things PC gamers actually enjoy:

>Free Online Play
        >Custom / Private Servers
        >Mods
        >Making mods
        >Emulation
        >Display Options and Graphic Settings (like disable motion blur)
        >Customization of the OS and launchers
        >Freedom

This is what "tech" garden gnomeTubers want you to believe pc gamers enjoy:
        >RGB
        >Overclocking an i9 or r9
        >SLI
        >Buying a 3090 at all other than for mining
        >8k displays
        >Windows 11

I probably missed a few things here and there, but massive FPS are not really that interesting to me despite the market pushing them down my throat. I rather have 99% Adobe RGB since I need that shit to do actual work.

Anonymous

Based. PC gaming has always been about CHOICE, about FREEDOM not about
          >MUH 8K
          >MUH 300 FPS

Anonymous

This is correct. The ‘PC IS ABOUT MAXIMUM GRAPHICS’ meme hasn’t been a thing since Crysis came out in 2007

Anonymous

>SLI

No one gives a shit about SLI even in the youtube space anon. SLI has been dead for years

Anonymous

Yet a lot of garden gnomeTubers still do build with dual SLI and water cooling to bring in the clicks. At least you’re correct, the trend has slowed down a little in recent years, but moving forward towards more click bait shit and ridiculous thumbnails. Even GamersNexus who still produce good reviews have fallen to make cringe thumbnails

Anonymous

That post didn’t mention any of those things though. All the things they talk about are based on quality, but are certainly achievable on a budget.

Between this, and the obvious plant, it feels as though this is literally a thread infested with salesmen.

Say "melanoid" in your next posts please, so we know you aren’t just here to sell it.

Anonymous

>Say " N _ _ _ _ _ " in your next posts please, so we know you aren’t just here to sell it.
            Racism is not allowed on Ganker.

Anonymous

I don’t like saying melanoid, I feel like people shouldn’t be judged on things they can’t change. I enjoy saying faggot or trannie though, those things are clear choices people make to bring more attention to them. That being said, trolls are 1 step away from becoming faggots as all they want is for people to pay attention to them, it’s pathetic.

Anonymous

I only signed up for Steam when they announced Linux support. You can figure the rest out.
      The Deck will help me work through my backlog at work.

Anonymous

No, that’s why I’m buying it instead of Switch.

Anonymous

hourly nintranny cope thread

Anonymous

>you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick like portability
      Where people are getting these stupid ideas about "people are going to abandon their PCs"? Is this some kind of tendies cope?

Anonymous

That is a pc, newfriend. I’d get it even if it had no gaems ootb, because it’s a nice portable pc running arch.

Anonymous

I have a gaming pc, switch, xbox, ps5 and I WILL be buying the Deck too because I like video games. Go ahead and call me a consoomer if you want, but all of these satisfy different needs for me.

Anonymous

Valve must still be seething hard over australia.
      They still won’t even sell the Index here, let alone the Deck.

Anonymous

of course not
      I’m just reaping the benefits from Gaben getting the anti-cheat fucks to have Linux support

Anonymous

Abandon? No, this is a supplement.

Anonymous

simple as

Anonymous

>Heldheld emulation with no Windows overhead

You’re damn right I’m gonna get a Deck to compliment my PC

Anonymous

Abandoning? Definitely not. I have my desktop PC for a reason.

But, it’s nice to have a functional device that I can toss in my bag and play while at the bus stop or waiting for an appointment.

It’s not a case of one or the other. It’s two different device that both have their own usage cases. You can have both.

Anonymous

Series X + Steam Deck master race

Anonymous

Does Valve even have a factory to produce millions of units to meet the demand?

Anonymous

op is just larping as a nintendofag

Anonymous

I still have to wait at least 1.5 months for this miracle machine. I’m not sure if I can hold out that long bros.

Anonymous

Yes I know this is complete heresy to the "master race" but the idea of a standard and practically universal hardware configuration sounds amazing to me. Imagine the drivers and the documentation that will be available.
      Also it seems a bit better than my actual PC that I lost in an accident, which played everything I wanted. Laptop+deck makes more sense to me right now than starting a whole new PC with prices being what they are.

Anonymous

>this is complete heresy to the "master race" but the idea of a standard and practically universal hardware configuration sounds amazing
        what?
        isn’t mustard race all about freedom and modularity? and yet it is ironic that they do not like Linux

Anonymous

It’s going to sit right next to my switch.

Anonymous

This is the only patrician choice.

>Switch for Indies
      >GPD for AAA

Anonymous

>>Switch for Indies
        >Using the handheld with terrible ergonomics in handheld mode
        >’patrician choice’

Anonymous

>terrible ergonomics
          So many people here have never touched one in their lives, but parrot the "ergonomics" line
          Stay mad

Anonymous

I’ve used a Switch before. I have no idea why people would ever argue that it’s comfortable to hold or use in general
            >No actual dpad and sticks and buttons directly above each other because of Nintendo’s dumb 3-in-1 controller marketing gimmick that nobody uses
            >No real significant grips behind the Joycons for the same reason

Anonymous

>put kickstand up
              >put switch on desk
              >sit at desk with joycon in each hand
              I have many problems with the switch, but god-tier control scheme is not one of them

Anonymous

What’s the point of getting a switch instead of a laptop if you were going to only put it on a desk anyway?

Anonymous

>How to avoid the terrible handheld ergonomics
                >Pretend handheld mode doesn’t exist

Anonymous

>I can’t hold a switch in my hands
                  >this is everyone else’s problem
                  >MUH ERGONOMICS

m8, do you seriously have webbed hands, or thalidomide claws or something?

Anonymous

>>I can’t hold a switch in my hands
                    Why are you making ‘I AM SILLY’ tier arguments. Anyone can ‘use’ it, doesn’t mean it’s well designed for holding

Anonymous

Why exactly would I need to abandon my desktop to own a Steam Deck? Cope harder, tendie.

Anonymous

I have a based macbook. I am waiting for the new ones to be revealed tomorrow as I am definitely getting one. If they can play games I might cancel my deck reservation but they probably cant so I’m still getting one

Anonymous

>won’t be able to run mod organiser 2
      >no tale of two wastelands
      >no playable skyrim
      >no playable fallout 4

why live?

Anonymous

Based Gabe steering people away from garbage games.

Anonymous

Fallout 4 is kino with project Valkyrie

Anonymous

why not?

Anonymous

switch without the magic

Anonymous

>he doesnt know about emulators compatibility

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know the switch can run Lakka

Anonymous

the switch runs lakka piece of cheap garbage

Anonymous

more like emulation WITH the magic

Anonymous

>emulates your magic

Anonymous

>Be honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick like portability, are you?
      yes, I am, because im not a fucking neet and can afford good shit
      >We can’t consider you part of the PC Master Race if so
      good, I dont want to be associated in any way with you cunts

Anonymous

nice strawman you little shit

Anonymous

[…]

There’s only one race, the human race.

Anonymous

i respectfully disagree

Anonymous

I enjoy all and everything.

Anonymous

What a gaming slut

Anonymous

If you enjoy everything, why don’t I see a steam controller in your picture?

Anonymous

>abandoning
      Nope it’s a complement to play offline single player stuff like disgaea games, rimworld, isaac etc.

Anonymous

I’m gonna play RPGmaker games and VNs on the Steam Deck by the river once it arrives and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Anonymous

>We can’t consider you part of the PC Master Race if so.
      is this bait or are you unironically retarded? Your stupidity looks so genuine I cant tell the difference

Anonymous

>Be honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick like portability,
      didn’t know that was a requirement. Will update you when I get my deck as to whether or not anyone reposesses my desktop.

Anonymous

t. retard who hasn’t got a clue what target audience is

Anonymous

As idiotic as this post is, I’ll just leave you with this:

Using linux on PC makes you more "master race" than any Windows user.

Anonymous

I dint care about specs i need a portable emulation station to play fighting games with my friends locally.

Anonymous

This.
        The whole appeal is the portability for when you need to waitsomewhere. Anyone using this in their home while that have an actual PC is a retard.

Anonymous

What if I want to game laying on my couch or in bed?

Anonymous

>You don’t understand, I NEED a STEAM DECK to play GAMES in the LAUNDRY ROOM
            >suggest a steam link
            >it magically doesn’t work
            >suggest a GPD/Aya neo/Onexplayer/any other UMPC
            >he suddenly cares about Chinese workers/is on a budget despite wanting to spend 600 buckeroos on a handheld to play in the attic

Say "melanoid", Salesman

Anonymous

Not that guy but
              >>suggest a steam link
              Only usable in places where you’ve already set up another monitor/TV
              >>suggest a GPD/Aya neo/Onexplayer/any other UMPC
              All of those cost more with either theoretically the same power or less power

Anonymous

>Only usable in places where you’ve already set up another monitor/TV
                Which you would have done, if you gave a shit.
                >All of those cost more with either theoretically the same power or less power
                >all of those are DIFFERENT!
                And you would have had one, if you gave a shit about this.

Say the word, Salesman.

Anonymous

>Which you would have done, if you gave a shit.
                  I wouldn’t set up a TV on my deck, that’s silly

Anonymous

Say the word, Salesman

Anonymous

I’m not a racist.

Anonymous

.01$ has been deposited into your account

Why the fuck did you think advertising on Ganker would be a good idea

Anonymous

I’m not a racist.

>say the word, salesman
                      this is a fucking genius way of sniffing out shills, n g l

Anonymous

Nice try but you’re never getting my position in the queue

Anonymous

I’m gonna buy it but idk what I’m gonna play on it

I already have a gaming laptop that I take around the house and outside

How many cores threads does this thing have again ?

Could be a nice fightcade emulation machine

Anonymous

I’m buying a steam deck because I’ve been at home less the last couple of months and want to play my non-switch vidya but I’m still gonna use my main PC when I get the chance to

Anonymous

>e honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC bros for a gimmick like portability, are you?
      Of course not, you retard.

I’m abandoning my Switch for it.

Anonymous

I quite literally only use my computer for drawing bad porn, I will probably downgrade to a laptop. Gaming computers are a fucking meme when there’s no actual games worth playing made since 2007.

Anonymous

No, steam deck is a companion piece to my desktop PC. It can’t replace my PC with a RTX 3090 in it especially because I’m an avid VR user and steam deck can’t handle that as far as we know.
      There’s not many games outside of VR that I play that wouldn’t be able to run on it, though. I’m still very interested in having one.

I’d definitely prefer if Valve made a Steam Deck Controller though, I already have a laptop but hot damn I love steam deck’s control scheme.

Anonymous

Yes. My current pc is 10 years old with a 3 year old graphic card. It still plays most things but settings are low. It would be a straight upgrade for me.

I dunno, I’m also thinking about splurging one real new gpu but I probably need a wooe mobo and cpu and ram.

Anonymous

I’m not going to trash my desktop, retard

Anonymous

Im not always in the mood to sit at my battlestation. With this thing i can connect to it and use it’s power without the need to get up from my bed. Which is comfortable as fuck.

Anonymous

The problem with gaming on Linux is that nobody gives you a straight answer. You’ll be told it’s EASY to get things running, but this is coming from people with so much time on their hands that three hours configuring a single game is nothing, and they enjoy working with the kind of menial details that would turn anyone else off.

If you complain about this, you’ll be called a liar, and told to "just install windows" then.

Gaming on Linux is a horrible, soul-destroying experience. Unless you like games significantly less than you like the idea of running games, you’ll have a bad time.

Anonymous

>The problem with gaming on Windows is that nobody gives you a straight answer. You’ll be told it’s EASY to get things running, but this is coming from people with so much time on their hands that three hours configuring a single game is nothing, and they enjoy working with the kind of menial details that would turn anyone else off.
        >If you complain about this, you’ll be called a liar, and told to "just install Linux" then.
        >Gaming on Windows is a horrible, soul-destroying experience. Unless you like games significantly less than you like the idea of running games, you’ll have a bad time.

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

>>If you complain about this, you’ll be called a liar, and told to "just install Linux" then.

Anonymous

*Gentoo

Anonymous

>but this is coming from people with so much time on their hands that three hours configuring a single game is nothing
          what windows version are you running that you need more than 2 minutes to configure a game?

Anonymous

I KNEEL, LINUX CHADS!

Anonymous

Winsisters…

Anonymous

cope

Anonymous

>All that Wincucks seething
          Amazing.

Anonymous

C R I N G E

Anonymous

wish valve would release new steam controller v2

Anonymous

Steam link is cool. I want to get the deck so I can stream in better quality to my tv too

Anonymous

When was the last time you played games on linux? Cause I had the same mindset as you after trying linux mint cinnamon like a decade ago but then a friend convinced me to try manjaro kde plasma and thus far, after enabling steam play’s proton thing, everything has just worked on it except for the stuff with anticheat. It might be just me though cause whenever I have a problem with anything I just look up a tutorial but really it’s been enough to convince me to make a dual boot.

Anonymous

>It might be just me though cause whenever I have a problem with anything I just look up a tutorial

>"You’ll be told it’s EASY to get things running, but this is coming from people with so much time on their hands that three hours configuring a single game is nothing, and they enjoy working with the kind of menial details that would turn anyone else off."

Holy shit

Anonymous

It *was* easy to get games running, that wasn’t a fucking lie, I did not have to look up any tutorial to run my games, I just had to look up one to load up more based obscure shit like ani-cli which I can’t use on windows

Anonymous

>You’ll be told it’s EASY to get things running, but this is coming from people with so much time on their hands that three hours configuring a single game is nothing, and they enjoy working with the kind of menial details that would turn anyone else off.
        Three hours? lol
        Most people would just say "fuck it" and resign to running a game on Windows before spending three hours on trying to run it on Linux. In fact, most people probably just assume a game doesn’t work if the solution isn’t right there on ProtonDB or WineHQ. You really think everyone does things by trial and error? Those resources exist specifically so we don’t have to do that. And once someone has figured it out, getting it to work for yourself is easy β€” assuming you have a basic knowledge of what it means to create a Wine prefix, or enable some configuration flag for Proton, or run an install script with Lutris. I’ve played some games on Linux that require some tweaking, and it’s usually a one-step process (add some launch option, select a specific Proton version, etc.), and if a Linux user is trying to play such a game for the first time, I could tell him what to do and he’d have it up and running in five seconds. But if I overestimate your level of knowledge and simply tell you "use PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1" but you don’t know what the fuck the means, then maybe it takes you an hour of internet searching just to find out it goes in the launch options, and maybe you spend another hour trying to figure out why it doesn’t work, and then you spend another hour aimlessly searching before you stumble upon the GitHub page for Proton where it explains that you need to put "%command%" after it. There are things you just have to learn before you learn more advanced things, and it’s nobody’s job to hold your hand, but someone usually will help if you ask instead of just getting mad and saying Linux sucks.

Anonymous

If you are buying this to replace your pc, then that’s retarded. You should be using it as a companion piece to your pc so when you feel like playing indie games or emulated games in a comfortable setting like on your bed you can use the steamdeck.

Anonymous

haha, fucking neet loser can’t fathom people going outside. Unironically touch grass your brain is fucking fried

Anonymous

Abandoning? No of course not. But I’d love to have one in addition to my PC.

Anonymous

If it’s good enough, I’ll ditch my PC and the whole desktop setup that it has to save a ton of space, and then I’ll put a comfy sofa or something there instead.

Anonymous

>If it’s good enough, I’ll ditch my PC

Anonymous

What, are you trying to imply that I’m a boomer with that picture?

Anonymous

No, i’m just laughing at you
            >If this Atari Lynx is good enough, I’ll ditch my IBM

Anonymous

But that doesn’t make sense. It’s not comparing a gaming console with a computer, it’s comparing a pocket sized laptop with a computer.
              You ARE aware that the Steam Deck is literally just a handheld PC and not actually a Switch, right?

Anonymous

>You ARE aware that the Steam Deck is literally just a handheld PC

Anonymous

>You ARE aware that the Steam Deck is literally just a handheld PC
                There are going to be people out there who plug a mouse and keyboard into…this…and squint at the fucking five inch screen, then call it a "computer"

Anonymous

you can use any USB-C dock to connect it to a monitor. But that mental imagine is fucking hilarious

Anonymous

I’m abandoning my Switch for it actually

Anonymous

I work from home and I want this thing simply because it will allow me to play PC games without sitting in the same spot 12+ hours per day

Anonymous

You could have done this for years already. What you mean to say is that you want to give Valve money. plain and simple.

there’s no shame in it.

Anonymous

Yeah I tried the steam link and couldn’t get acceptable performance.
          This thing seems to be the best solution without having to be glued to a desk or TV screen

Anonymous

Alright, have it your way weirdo.

Anonymous

>If this Raspberry Pi is good enough, I’ll ditch my PC

Anonymous

Dude relax, I’m just going to play it outside while I’m away from my PC. I mean laptop can do the same thing and is way more powerful, but I like the form factor of the steam deck.

Anonymous

A Raspberry Pi can’t run Doom Eternal. You literally have no argument so I guess we’re done here.

Anonymous

>Raspberry Pi can’t run Doom Eternal
        neither can the Atari Lynx, anon, but you didn’t move the goalposts until now.

Just admit you work for valve, because that’s the only way your arguments make a modicum of sense.

Anonymous

Embarrassing reply. Please re-read everything you replied to because you appear to have no idea what you’re responding to anymore, ESL friend.

Anonymous

>Admit you work for Valve
            >E-E-Embarrassing reply! Y-You don’t know what y-you’re t-t-talking about…you…*checks discord list of approved insults* ESL

Anonymous

How much stronger is the steam deck compared to the switch?

Anonymous

3. It’s 3 stronger. And a demi-teraflop

Anonymous

Impossible Valve can’t count to 3.

Anonymous

No. I refuse to give money to Valve ever again after they lied to me about Artifact Foundry. Period.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

Anonymous

>abandoning
      More like supplementing, itll depend on if it can do switch full speed or not.
      I dont care about all these speculation videos I want to see a switch emulator running on the actual hardware.

Anonymous

>abandoning your desktop PC
      Why abandon when you can complement?

Anonymous

>abandoning your desktop PC
      I’ll probably mostly use it to stream from my primary gaming PC, since most other devices are kinda meh for streaming.

Anonymous

I’m literally never buying a console or building a PC after this comes out

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

My laptop can’t handle Steam games, so this deck would work out for me.

Anonymous

People say just buy a desktop but why would i when this thing is so much cheaper and yet its as powerful as a ps4.

Anonymous

So aren’t you find of fucked if your steam deck develops joy con drift. Nintendo is bad about it but at least you can get a replacement set. They’re literally part of the steam deck. I’m interested in buying on but this is my main concern. And I’ll have to wait til nearly fucking 2023 to get my hands on one.

Anonymous

they’ve already made a teardown demonstrating replacing the sticks

Anonymous

The sticks look easy as hell to replace, and Valve’s said they’ll has a distributor for replacement parts. Pricing for those though who the fuck knows

Anonymous

>Schizo-tier poster actually thinks there’s nobody that would want a portable PC that doesn’t cost $1k and is from a company they know
      >After the extreme popularity of something like the Switch to add to that

Anonymous

>Schitzo
        >reaction pic from like ten years ago

Anonymous

>He hasn’t been on Ganker for well over a decade

Anonymous

>he’s been on the chinz so long that the best reaction pic he can find is one from a decade ago
            sus, as the kids say

Anonymous

>Be honest Ganker, you aren’t seriously considering abandoning your desktop PC
      not really since my 750ti from 2010 or whatever gets better framerates than this piece of shit. plus you wont be able to pirate anything on it because it’s on Linux and relies on the shitty Proton meme to run games.

Anonymous

At that price and screen size? He’ll no, not at that fucking price. I put up with my switch because I paid 135 US mutt land dollars for it. Fuck that brologni

Anonymous

>I paid 135 US mutt land dollars for
        Where in the fuck do you get a Switch for that low?

Anonymous

Black Friday in 2018

Anonymous

of COURSE I will be getting a Steam Deck, OP! It’s going to be a great complement to my gaming PC and my Nintendo Switch (amirite nintendawgs?!)! It’s going to replace my desktop in no time flat with its expansive and eclectic library of Steam games that can be played at no extra cost if you already have them on your PC Steam Account! Thanks GABEN! SO MUCH THIS!

And not to mention that it’s so much better than the stinky old GPD WIN MACHINE! Right guys, we hate it, right? Stupid Chinky shit! Well, all the Steam Deck parts are assembled and manufactured in Laos! Much better! Horrible GPD!

And what about that treadown video, huh? They were just like GLADOS in that video when they said that the user accepts all responsibility and voids all warranties when they open the casing! Just like GLADOS, Amirite, fellow Gankernoids? UPDOOT!

Anonymous

Can’t I use both you low IQ tribal melanoid?

Anonymous

I LOVE THE BIG SCREEN
      SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN

Anonymous

>starting a post with "be honest" and then immediately being so disingenuous as to imply that one must "abandon" one’s PC in order to own another device
      Is this what console fanboyism does to a person’s mind?

Anonymous

i know it’s a joke post, but i feel second hand embarrassed anyway

Anonymous

I really hope I can use the proper sleep mode on this when I install windows.
      This linux shit is a meme.

Viewing 78 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.