>before rerelease

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >before rerelease

• This topic has 51 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>before rerelease
      >rarely gets any threads but when it does massive nostalgia hard dick riding
      >after rerelease
      >completely and utterly forgotten
      well Ganker explain yourselves.

Anonymous

Streets of rage 4 proved to be better

Anonymous

basically this. scott pilgrim was kino when it came out because there hadn’t been a decent beat em up game like it in a long time. it’s not nearly as impressive when you’re coming off of SoR4.

Anonymous

Ganker is full of shills, nothing new here

Anonymous

>uplay exclusive
      there’s your answer

Anonymous

Basically. Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot on going exclusive. Nobody gives a fuck about them anymore.

Anonymous

it was the only goo beat ’em up released in the 21st century for over 10 years.
      Wasn’t groundbreaking or anything, but it was enough.

Anonymous

Castle Crashers
        Dragon’s Crown

Anonymous

Lots of people say that River City Girls was the beat ’em up revival. Obviously a lot of those people were not born when Castle Crashers was released.

Anonymous

I’ve never heard anyone say that. RCG, Once Again, SoR4 all releasing in a short timeframe, sure, but never anyone attributing it to just RCG.
            Especially on Ganker where the resident schizos flip out when you mention the game.

Anonymous

Not on Ganker at least. But on Twitter and Steam discussions mostly. Most people tend to say that RCG also has the same gameplay has River City Ransom, which shows that they never played a River City beat ’em up before. Scott Pilgrim and RCG have the same control scheme.

Anonymous

There’s a lot of people who don’t even realize that RCG is part of an existing series, and even if they do know what RCR they just think that it’s cute naming homage like Retro City Rampage.

Anonymous

they rereleased DnD beat em ups long ago but you’ll never hear Ganker talk about it. that shit is more polished than whatever river city clone that scott pilgrim tried to be

Anonymous

That shit was surprisingly fun.

Anonymous

So, so fucking boring to play. The attacks don’t feel like they have any impact and you’re constantly getting knocked down. The stages also run too long so the music loops a ton.

Anonymous

wasn’t the remaster buggy as fuck?

Anonymous

The only bug I encountered was in the bus level where at one point I beat up every enemy on screen but the screen would not let me go any further, forcing me to restart the level

Anonymous

>not on steam

Anonymous

I fucking hated it at the time, hated all the adaptations and loathed the fandom
      But I have to say it lives rent-free in my head every time I eat bread

Anonymous

bread makes you fat ???

Anonymous

You couldn’t dispute the following it had because the game itself was impossible to play if you never brought it. Watching videos on it, it looks stylish and has a neat soundtrack. I managed to emulate it on a PS3 and found it pretty damn boring. Levels were far bigger than they should’ve been.
      Plus it’s Scott Fucking Pilgrim, this isn’t "rawr XD" 2009 anymore.

Anonymous

Isn’t this game LITERALLY about fighting all 100 of the dudes that fucked your whore girlfriend before you?

Anonymous

that’s basically what the entire series is about. it is canadian, after all.

Anonymous

yeah, everyone says its a dumb premise but everything else is fun to read

Anonymous

Not on Steam
      But also: Not as good as some people remembered it to be, has since been surpassed by a lot of games

Anonymous

>beat em ups
      Name a worse video game genre

Anonymous

why did you spoiler that? what other genre would people be talking about on a videogame board?

Anonymous

Gacha shit
          VN
          Movie games

Anonymous

Realistic sporting simulator +manager

Anonymous

MOBAs

Anonymous

Fighting games, duh.

Anonymous

River City and all of it’s knockoffs have always been awful. Stats and level ups do not belong in 2D beat em ups.

Anonymous

>air of mystery due to it not being accessible anymore
      >when readily available, it turns out the game is shallow and boring
      Play Fight N’ Rage.

Anonymous

>game mostly remembered for being one of the "never-ever-accessibles" of digital distribution
      >gets rereleased and with limited-edition physicals to be kept forever via legal means
      >game talk slows down to a halt
      I wonder why no one talks about it either, better call inspector Cluseau to crack down the case, stat

Anonymous

Doesn’t help that it is Ubisoft exclusive and easy to emulate.

Anonymous

>Enemies can block your attacks in a game with no grab
      Even speedrunners don’t have a way around it it’s awful.

Anonymous

>Even speedrunners don’t have a way around it
        as much as i hate the mechanic this aspect of it is actually extremely based

Anonymous

Kim > Knives > Lisa > Envy > Ramona

Anonymous

How did they get away with it?

Anonymous

I fucking love how retarded this is.
        They non stop shove in your face how creepy it is that scott is dating a 17 year old, to the point where the movie even changes aspects of this at the end, but then in the comics they just make her a lesbian and sexualize the fuck out of her relationship with kim.

Anonymous

Isn’t it only book 4 though? I don’t recall either of them going full Lesbo, where only Steven is the one that changed sexualities.

Anonymous

Yeah the game just wildly run with it for some reason. Must have been a yurifag in the development team.

Anonymous

The devs and Bryan O’Malley himself went wild with the lore for the game, even if you play as Scott you don’t get the canon ending, you do if you play as Ramona.

Anonymous

lesbians are cute so its better that way.

Anonymous

Never played it before, bought it with nintendo shitcoins and played through it for the first time and it was a nostalgia timebomb back to the 2010s and also back when I used to follow mechafetus’ gay little blog full of cool shit. Watched the actual movie again even.

After beating it once it’s literally not worth 1 more playthrough solo though, with friends eh I guess but the true top tier buddy beat em up is castle crashers, so superior it’s unreal.

Anonymous

It was the digital stores bad!!! Poster Child, once that went away it became just another game

Anonymous

It was always a pretty generic game that was only well loved at the time of release because aside from Castle Crashers there was fuck all for 2D side scrolling beatemups for about a decade before and a few years afterwards. Then it got delisted around the time 2D side scrolling beatemups started making a comeback so it got a mythical status as some sort of elitist bullshit game that you could lord over the people who didn’t buy it when it was initially available.

Anonymous

Lisa best girl.

Anonymous

I got severely disappointed with it. The gameplay is very inconsistent and it’s buggy as fuck. The graphics and music still kick ass tho.
      Like a month later I got Streets of rage 4 and it was better than this in almsot every aspect.

Anonymous

it’s not that great to play, really could’ve done with more options for blocking or breaking enemy combos

and apparently the re-release didn’t even fix shit like crashes or enemies getting stuck off-screen

Anonymous

I played it for the first time like a week ago. Boring, long ass levels. I don’t understand what all the hype was about when Castle Crashers exists

Anonymous

Ganker always and only wants what it can’t have.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.