Bullshit video game endings

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Bullshit video game endings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Bullshit endings in vidya thread.
      Two of GTA V’s endings literally just had you kill Micheal or Trevor just cause some dumb rich faggot told you too.

• #37965 Reply
      Anonymous

I’ve beaten that game three times and never chosen those endings. it’s just so obvious the right ending is to keep all three alive.
      is there anything cool about taking the less obvious path?

• #37968 Reply
        Anonymous

you get some semi-interesting emails if you kill michael
        trevor just completely hates you for what you did and any further gameplay interactions with him consist of him calling you a traitorous gently caress
        you also get some kinda sad phone calls from jimmy being upset and an email from amanda about how she knows franklin had something to do wiht michael’s death

• #37972 Reply
        Anonymous

Ending C should’ve ended with Franklin dying just to even things out.

• #37997 Reply
          Anonymous

that was the original plan, apparently

• #37973 Reply
        Anonymous

i understand it is supposed to be the "correct" ending but Trevor is so in the wrong at all times it’s hard to like him

• #37991 Reply
        Anonymous

Kinda lame you can’t both Michael and Trevor

• #38003 Reply
        Anonymous

I picked option A in my first playthrough because Trevor is a gently caressing crazy retard.
        But yeah it’s obvious the game wants you to pick C.

• #38004 Reply
        Anonymous

Trevor is subhuman and deserves death in the most excruciating manner possible. Killed him with 0 hesitation.

• #38020 Reply
        Anonymous

gently caress trevor for killing johnny though. he could have been a cool side character or an available choice in heists

• #38028 Reply
          Anonymous

At least we got Packie

• #37966 Reply
      Anonymous

Half life 2 ends with an important guy dead in front of you.
      And thats it they never concluded the story.
      I have no idea how that games story is praised.

• #37970 Reply
        Anonymous

Because there’s an entire world that your dull mind missed. The story is more than just its ending

• #37971 Reply
          Anonymous

gently caress off fanboy. They effectively ended the games story with a main character dead.

• #38021 Reply
            Anonymous

And…?

• #37974 Reply
      Anonymous

Yeah he t o t a l l y survived getting shot in the chest with a .44 round with NO vest on, and while unconscious in a slowly sinking train while getting blasted by ungodly hellfire, woke up, swam all the way to shore, breaks my arm, and drags me away to a gently caressing hole

• #37976 Reply
        Anonymous

Reminds me of Far Cry 5. You blast the gently caress out of the shirtless final boss, then drive like hell to get to the bunker to survive the nuclear blast. Every single tree, house, and animal is on fire. The air is choked with ash and smoke. And Seed still beats you to the bunker. Trash.

• #37977 Reply
          Anonymous

That was the most jarring out of nowhere bullshit i played recently
          >the plot is just stopping a crazy cult that uses magic drugs that enables the leader to mind control people and make them glow
          SUDDENLY NUKES

• #37979 Reply
            Anonymous

There’s radio reports of nuclear tensions rising, but aside from that easily missed background noise you are 100% correct.

• #37982 Reply
            Anonymous

the plot is that the cult wanted to save people from the imminent nuclear war as stated by the rising tensions from news segments on the car radios fag

• #37995 Reply
            Anonymous

>SUDDENLY NUKES
            >suddenly
            The cult leaders were always mentioning how the end was near, which is supported by the fact that society is already on the verge of collapse, that’s why the US govt. doesn’t give much of a shit that a cult has gained so much power and influence across a significant size of land because there are bigger issues occurring on a global scale. The game alludes to this on radio broadcasts that air randomly.
            The nukes were more of a "shit, I guess they were right" type of deal, they weren’t just some random plot occurrence.

• #38006 Reply
            Anonymous

T.retard that doesn’t listen to in game talk

• #38026 Reply
            Anonymous

>he doesn’t know the Cult did nothing wrong

• #37975 Reply
      Anonymous

>not wanting to kill michael cuckley
      if i ever decide to beat the story again, that’s gonna be the ending i choose

• #37978 Reply
      Anonymous

Bulletstorm. The protags, for the entire story, have been trigger happy meatheads. When you finally corner the final boss, who’s unarmed and drunk, none of them pull the trigger. Instead they have a competition to see who can say "manipulated" the most in a five minute period. Then the final boss gets the drop on them and takes out the useless girl. You team up with Ishi to fight the General but he kicks Ishi’s ass while you writhe on the ground like a faggot. Then you QTE the final boss, and go make out with the useless girl character. The final boss dumps you back down to the planet and a bunch of his commandos follow you for absolutely no gently caressing reason at all. Then, there’s a cliffhanger that will never, ever be resolved. gently caressing awful.

• #37980 Reply
      Anonymous

The Darkness 2. It was looking to be an alright ending until the devs put way to much faith in the Darkness 3 being greenlit. How many gently caressing video game endings are ruined by people trying to bait out sequels? gently caress this.

• #37981 Reply
      Anonymous

Bioshock: Infinite

• #37984 Reply
        Anonymous

What are you talking about, Infinite had a flawless ending

• #38010 Reply
          Anonymous

It was pseudo-intellectual garbage. Only midwits were impressed.

• #38012 Reply
          Anonymous

>Infinite number of universes
          >This one man bad
          >We kill you because other man bad
          >you might be a good version of him but we kill you for some reason anyhow

• #37985 Reply
        Anonymous

>not only we are going to ruin the ending of this series but also make a DLC that retroactively ruins 1
        Devilish

• #37983 Reply
      Anonymous

Dishonored 2. The plot was already bad enough with "Somehow, Delilah has returned" but then you end up having to fight and defeat her pretty much the same way Daud did.

• #37986 Reply
        Anonymous

>Delilah shows up
        >hey everyone I’m queen
        >lol ok
        >Emily deposed
        Also her characerization was shit. She tries to convince you your mother was an awful person by telling you she cheated at hide-n-seek when they were kids. Wow. What a truly nuanced villain.

• #37987 Reply
      Anonymous

This little indie game called Outland. The whole story is that you’re trying to stop these two goddesses from escaping their prison ’cause if they do they’ll kill everyone. You gather up all this strength and finally throw down with them. When you win, the game has a cutscene saying they escaped anyways. But, as soon as they saw the world they decided not to destroy. What a waste of gently caressing time.

• #37988 Reply
      Anonymous

Dead Space 3 kind of pickled my dick

• #37989 Reply
      Anonymous

This gently caress’s own game has about 7 endings that are shit of the 10 endings you need for the 11th and real ending. Before that True final boss/ending you gotta speedrun through one of the same final stages, but again. It’s got a semi decent story, but FFS Sega.

• #37999 Reply
        Anonymous

The only good one was when Shadow kills Eggman, using a karate chop (wtf)

• #38002 Reply
        Anonymous

>Has about 7 endings
        Nigga you don’t understand. Shadow the Hedgehog currently has the world record for number of most unique endings in vidya, clocking in at 326.

• #38013 Reply
        Anonymous

why did no game ever tried to do this again? it cant be that hard considering sonic team out of all things did it in less than 2 years

• #37990 Reply
      Anonymous

"Sir, finishing this fight"

• #38016 Reply
        Anonymous

>releases six more games

• #37993 Reply
      Anonymous

Far Cry: Instincts: Predator. You avenge Doyle and waste the final boss with an actually pretty cool one-liner. Then you spare the pretty girl, open a door and the game just ends with no further embellishment on what the gently caress happens afterwards.

Far Cry is one hell of a franchise, though. Started as Crytek’s proto-Crysis where a guy in the jungle gets super powers and eventually fights zombies. Far Cry 2 was Heart of Darkness:The Video Game(Beta Version). All Ubisoft knew about it was "jungles" and "drugs" and they just gently caressing ran with it for 4 or 5 games now.

• #37994 Reply
      Anonymous

>NO Episodes from Los Santos SP DLC
      >just get mediocre online DLC shit from retards who buy micro-transaction shark cards instead.
      >GTA VI will still sell like hot cakes regardless of this shitty business practice.

• #38001 Reply
        Anonymous

DESU the other ending was disappointing too game felt kind of shot partially because of the split between three protags made it hard to really get super invested in any of them, let alone the side characters most of which were pretty disappointing compared to earlier GTA games.

I don’t hate the game, but as a huge GTAfag it’s the one I’ve had the least inclination to go back and play again and out of the 3D games it’s the one I’ve beaten the fewest times (2, meanwhile in the time between IV and V I beat it like 4 gently caressing times), doesn’t help I burnt myself out playing online allot back from 2014-early 2017.

I’m still mad the SP DLC never happened.

• #37998 Reply
      Anonymous

>game’s writers intentionally write the whole story around making you constantly trying to decide whether you think michael or trevor are worse with the intention of making you have to make a tough choice about who to kill at the end
      >game’s writers change their mind at the last second and add a happy ending and punish you for killing either of the characters they intentionally wrote to be unlikable poopyholes

• #38011 Reply
        Anonymous

seriously this. the game alludes to how bad and stupid the third option is, like seriously its called "suicide mission" ffs. The third option is fine, but they shouldve had all characters die, but guns blazing, that wouldve been awesome and still tonally correct

• #38009 Reply
      Anonymous

Just played Armed and Dangerous a little bit ago. It ends with a turret segment and I’m pretty sure you don’t even see what happens to the antagonist. You just fight off some enemies and declare victory.

Not that the story was any good to begin with, but that was still weird.

• #38014 Reply
      Anonymous

This will probably make no sense to most anon except those who played FFX – LOTR Edition, but:

>Set up plot where hero has no memory and is a coward
      >Twist is that he was MORG’D by the Nazgul and that’s why he has amnesia
      >Love interests are Rohan Cowgirl and Elf Lady
      >Final battle
      >Rohan Cowgirl saves you; brief conversation scene about love
      >Suddenly you’re at the top of Baradur fighting the eye of Sauron
      >no explanation or conclusion with main story
      >beat Sauron, credits roll

Fucking what? Still the most disjointed ending I’ve ever found; I always assumed they ran out of budget and had to wrap it up quick

• #38018 Reply
      Anonymous

why were they even options. they made the rich dude seem like such an overwhelmingly powerful and influential billionaire that it made it an absolute suicide mission to fight against him that I was expecting a literal army when I chose that mission and instead I got a couple of chump mercs guarding him with absolutely no consequence of actually killing him afterwards. that steel mill mission had more guys going after you

• #38019 Reply
      Anonymous

>he didnt make his own gta5 story with friends

• #38024 Reply
      Anonymous

There are no facts, only interpretations of what Liquid Snake did with Metal Gear Sahalenthropous.

• #38027 Reply
        Anonymous
        • #38030 Reply
          Anonymous

Yes I know anon, cut content is fine, but cutting an ending isn’t. This does not rectify that in any way.

• #38031 Reply
            Anonymous

Well, at least we still know what happened.
            Would be worse if they didn’t even release that.

• #38037 Reply
      Anonymous

What’s is Trevor’s motivation throughout the story?

• #38038 Reply
        Anonymous

reconnect,get angry and try to get back at michael for abandoning and lying to him for a fresh start.

Viewing 21 reply threads
Reply To: Bullshit video game endings
Your information:

Upload image to imgur:

Clicking submit = agreeing with the rules. Good posts may get edited and promoted to a blog post.