Classic Fallout 1 & 2 megathread

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Classic Fallout 1 & 2 megathread

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Your thoughts on Fallout 1 and 2?

• #9296 Reply
      Anonymous

Fallout 2 is my fav game ever. Only thing better is to play fallout 1 first but modded to run better followed by fallout 2.

• #9297 Reply
      Anonymous

Abd the ost is great

• #9298 Reply
      Anonymous

Great games but mostly for their historical significance. Not sure if you can still have fun with them, but if you're running a low spec machine and really don't have any other games to play then I guess you could give them a shot.

2 is way longer than 1 and has an absolutely disastrous prologue where you don't have any guns. 1 is short and sweet and sets up the whole setting, introduces ghouls, super mutants etc.

Been ages since I played them.

• #9299 Reply
        Anonymous

Fallout 2 is my fav game ever. Only thing better is to play fallout 1 first but modded to run better followed by fallout 2.
        How about Fallout Tactics? Recommended?

• #9300 Reply
          Anonymous

Different kind of game. Good if you're into tactical murder. Bad if you're expecting roleplaying.

• #9301 Reply
          Anonymous

Tactics is just a whatever game, there's no open world, you just do combat missions with a squad you get to pick, it's basically more like X-Com, Jagged Alliance etc, but nowhere as good. It's not too bad though, you can have super mutant and (hairy) deathclaw squad members.

• #9309 Reply
          Anonymous

Stunlocking super mutants with deathclaw companions is very fun. Also, you can find vehicles that you can use to road rage enemies, park over them, and let every single squadmember go into melee and just punch the person whos stuck on the floor

• #9322 Reply
          Anonymous

Yeah. Tactics are good too but the story is short and narrow.

• #9302 Reply
      Anonymous

beaten first I think 3 or 4 times and second at least a dozen times through the years

good times

• #9304 Reply
      Anonymous

good game, probably still better than 99% of indie poopy released nowadays

• #9306 Reply
        Anonymous

lmao UnderRail smokes both old Fallout's

• #9308 Reply
          Anonymous

gameplay wise? maybe,
          graphics and aesthetics, weapons design etc. no, it actually looks like poopy

• #9307 Reply
      Anonymous

Love FO1. It feels like an indie game in 2020 because it's short and focused.

FO2 was just a trash sequel knocked out by mostly different Interplay employees quick to capitalize on a medium sized unexpected hit. It was ok as more of the same and it has a few QoL improvements. It reminds me a whole lot of Terror from the Deep, the sequel to X-Com UFO Defense. No one expected anything from same-engine sequels back in the day.

• #9310 Reply
      Anonymous

I hate the timer

• #9311 Reply
      Anonymous

Fallout 1: good
      Fallout 2: not as good as fallout 1

• #9312 Reply
      Anonymous

1>2

• #9313 Reply
      Anonymous

I want to replay Fallout 2 as either a charismatic whore or an idiot boxer

• #9314 Reply
        Anonymous

Why not both?

• #9317 Reply
          Anonymous

I'm autistic about women protagonists in RPGs. I almost never play them and if I do I don't think it's right for them to be a strong melee character.

• #9318 Reply
            Anonymous

For unarmed you dont even need to be strong. 5 is working okay. Crits in the cock and face (even legs) work wonders

• #9315 Reply
      Anonymous

I wish they kept the original atmosphere, it really doesn't feel like a ''post-apocalyptic'' game

• #9316 Reply
        Anonymous
      • #9319 Reply
        Anonymous

They're supposed to be post-post-apocalyptic, with society reforming, even FO1.

• #9320 Reply
      Anonymous

fallout 1 is my favorite game, one of the few rpgs that's short enough to be replayable and not lose interest but also lets you do your own thing

• #9321 Reply
      Anonymous

I hate the early parts of Fallout 2. It's one of the big reasons why I don't replay it more often. Combat in the early parts of the game feels about as save as combat in Dorf Fort Adventure mode. Might as well roll the dice and see if you don't get critted to death instantly.

• #9325 Reply
        Anonymous

That cave at the start was a bit of a bummer because I was constantly rerolling trying to make a "perfect" playthrough. But after that it's a fun. Loot everything in sight, even read those big autistic tomes for tips on how to loot even more.

• #9323 Reply
      Anonymous

Wasted so much time on Fallout 2 at age 14 or something. I remember being convinced of a rumor that you could edit the files in some way to unlock multiplayer.

I still listen to the OST every now and then and spoke with the composer a few times.

• #9324 Reply
      Anonymous

Fallout 2 is just Fallout 1 but better yet I still prefer Fallout 1 due to it still having some seriousness in it. Fallout 2 drops this with the excessive amount of quirky stuff and references.

Viewing 15 reply threads
Reply To: Classic Fallout 1 & 2 megathread
Your information:

Upload image to imgur:

Clicking submit = agreeing with the rules. Good posts may get edited and promoted to a blog post.