>combat is just horses getting stuck on one another like fucking bumper cars

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >combat is just horses getting stuck on one another like fucking bumper cars

• This topic has 169 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>combat is just horses getting stuck on one another like fucking bumper cars
      Great game Ganker

Anonymous

yes its one of the best games of all time

Anonymous

it’s a good game ruined by a mountain of incompetent annoying little things that add up.
        Floriss is not the vanilla game remember,

Anonymous

Yeah and Floris is a shitty meme mod

Anonymous

I keep hearing this. Could you explain why? I know it’s too outdated for the current version of the game so I wouldn’t use it anyway.

Anonymous

Not him but the new troop trees are gay and cluttered, the new tournament system sucks ass, and shit like enrolling in an army is pointless. I think it’s still worth for the new town management options.

Anonymous

I mean it depends on what version you’re using, but you get everything worth keeping just by playing Diplomacy anyway if what you want is Native improved. But potential features include units with stupidly bloated stats, extremely anachronistic and often ugly equipment that clashes with native, ugly ‘gritty’ graphics, QoL "improvements" like reducing the cultural uniqueness of different towns’ tournaments and letting you bring your same kit everywhere. People can play what they want but would I never recommend Floris to a first time player.

Anonymous

The creator is a nazi

Anonymous

Thanks for letting me know, downloading it now

Anonymous

That’s a good thing but the mod is still shit

Anonymous

if that is true he should be suported

Anonymous

the mod itself is just a bloated collection of mods that the author just stuck together with no afterthought (the expanded and reworked troop trees are the worst offenders), the problem I have personally is the undeserved praise it gets, being considered the go-to mod by many when there are much better QoL mods out there

Anonymous

>undeserved praise it gets
                same shit as Pendor really, they are the worst mod in their respective category but for some reason people love them, my guess is they don’t know any better or as normies do just get in on whatever is the most popular without actually making an opinion of their own about it

Anonymous

I like Pendor simply for the reason that it lets you be stupidly overpowered in the late game, but yeah I wouldn’t call it the best mod warband has to offer even though it is often cited as such.

>when there are much better QoL mods out there
                  Like what?

Diplomacy

Anonymous

Which version of diplomacy?

Anonymous

dickplomacy

Anonymous

i mean if you know how to play you end up being overpowered late game in one way or another, its easier in some mods harder in others but in pendor specifically its gated between a shitton of grinding and arbitrary timers

Anonymous

>when there are much better QoL mods out there
                Like what?

Anonymous

its bloat for the sake of bloat, the troop trees are all over the place, filled with irrelevant and completely useless units while some are clearly superior to everything else, the new features are pointless and only contribute to the bloat and it doesn’t feel like vanilla at all

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

Is this Ganker’s new thing, being overly critical of well loved classic games in a terse way for attention?

Anonymous

No i’m just sick of pretending this game is a masterpiece.
        It’s fun, but i can’t play it anoymore without tearing my hair out.

Anonymous

>new thing
        Ganker was always filled with underage contrarian retards

Anonymous

I always thought it was overrated. The combat is clunky as fuck and none of you remember that the game was supposed to have a lot more features before the devs gave up and released this shit unfinished. Mount And Blade was one of the very first examples of what would later become early access games that are left incomplete because the devs ran with the money.

Anonymous

It’s underage diverse folk being underage diverse folk.

Anonymous

i am a zoomer, and i honestly think it is ridiculously overrated. very solid, especially with mods, but overrated nonetheless

Anonymous

>overrated
          you didn’t need to point out how much of a zoomer you are, just by using that braindead buzzword its already pretty obvious

Anonymous

I’m an early zoomer and you’re a faggot. This game is peak SOVL.

Anonymous

>New thing
        You might be the newest thing here fag

Anonymous

jesus christ i’ve been here for 14ish years and this is one of the dumbest posts on Ganker in a while

Anonymous

Yeah this is the first time someone on Ganker has said something retarded to get (You)s

Anonymous

New?

Anonymous

>new thing

Anonymous

Its one of the best games ever made tbh

Anonymous

I’m from the true chad faction, never needed to participate in the janky horsevshorse combat.

Anonymous

>don’t participate in horse combat
        >Troops get obliterated by horse tactics
        wow sure showed them

Anonymous

That’s not how Rhodok troops work though

Anonymous

every troop in the game gets obliterated by horse troops

Anonymous

Didja know poking a horse with a spear stops the horses movement

Anonymous

And I wish luck to the AI in pulling that one off.

Anonymous

so does the AI but a single bump from a horse will interrupt blocking and the attack of any footsoldier so its really hard to the AI to actually hit charging units constantly

Anonymous

Just form a shield wall and pepper them with crossbows and arrows, anon. It’s not that hard. Set-up polearms on the flanks if it’s more that just cav skirmishers.

Anonymous

Horses are a meme, Huskarls backed by Rhodok Crossbowmen are the real kino strategy.

Anonymous

>pure Huskarl (Only Tier 6 unit in the game) army
              best army in the game, just shield wall and slowly advance, or just shield wall and sit still while the horses literally run full speed into a wall. Sieges in either direction are a complete joke, maybe the very first Huskarl up the ladder dies, and then the genocide starts

Anonymous

Never made it work, every single time my Huscarls get absolutely pounded, no matter how many of them I have, while for some reasons, Rhodok Sergeants are usually okay.

Anonymous

>a hill blocks your path
              Heh..

Anonymous

The real play is to not engage in field-combat and just siege until you own everything. When horse-troops try to siege most of them are fucking useless and about 10 huskarls with some range backup can take 40x their numbers. Eventually you have enough lords to deal with the field combat, and every time you win a siege you lock up a lord forever and never release them. Then you just snowball into a fuckpile of death.

Anonymous

Any cool mods to try out? I’d prefer new interactions(like stuff to do in towns etc) buy I don’t mind overhauls either. Is there a fantasy one where you can play a wizard/lich and can have an army of skellies?

Anonymous

Gloria Sinica

Anonymous

Floris evolved for a solid QoL Warband, Nova Aetas for the true bannerlord experience

Anonymous

>floris
          have a nice day

Anonymous

I tried Warband for a time and used Floris. I stopped playing because I couldn’t into gitting gud (I think I’m too much of a brainlit to play strategy games) but a couple years later I found out that a lot of people hate the Floris mod. Why is that?

Anonymous

Best gothic revamp bar none is Solid and Shade, it’s basically a necromancy simulator in the style of classic folklore. Downside is it’s only for original mountain blade, not warband

Anonymous

Don’t play Floris, play Dickplomacy or Diplomacy instead.

Anonymous

Any good mods to go with Dickplomacy? I felt like the actual gameplay was still too vanilla for me or was unavailable because of how buggy it is.

Anonymous

If you’re looking for something less vanilla then Dickplomacy isn’t the way to go. Phantasy Calradia, Blood and Steel and Warsword Conquest all add new elements to the gameplay (namely magic). If that is still too familiar you might want to try Paradigm Worlds.

Anonymous

Dickplomacy Reloaded is a very good modpack with custom banners and troop trees and if that is still to vanilla try Silverstag

Anonymous

Bannerpage and Prophesy of Pendor are cool.

Anonymous

warsword conquest, it’s polished, still updated, it imported warhammer into warband, with different races to play, wizard stuff and skellies for you faggots to play with.

Anonymous

easily the wprst mod carried by a single developer overdosing on featurecreep

Anonymous

I really like the Lord of the Rings mod

Anonymous

I liked playing Medieval Conquests, you could also try Warsword conquest, the warhammer mod, and play as the tomb kings or vamp coast to use skeles. Warsword is pretty jank but in a fun way.

Anonymous

AD1257 is great if you want to play on medieval europe, all fantasy mods are quite unbalanced and difficult to go throught if you don’t have any previous experience with the game, Pendor is shit and is only carried by its braindead fans, the only good thing about that mod is that it’s very well optimized, perisno is a better alternative for fantasy but suffers from the same problems but to a lesser degree, Warsword conquest is just a bunch of shit thrown together into a warhammer mod, its super unbalanced and some of the features it has go from completely useless to rage inducing, the best mod of all still is Paradigm Worlds by far

Anonymous

last i tried Phantasy Calradia was still a pretty decent Fantasy mod, but kinda barren since it reuses the vanilla map and some of the factions while changing their units

Anonymous

I support the anons suggesting 1257 AD and add 457 AD for a fall of the Roman empire version of that. Also Gekokujo if you’re a weeb.

As far as fantasy goes The Last Days is pretty good if you’re into LotR, and Warsword is supposed to be good to but I’m not into Warhammer shit. I think that ones has skeletons in it, but I don’t know if you can be a necromancer.

Anonymous

>1257 AD
          Is that game breaking bug which makes rejoining your commander impossible fixed yet?

Anonymous

>game breaking bug which makes rejoining your commander impossible
            If you mean when you get captured when serving as a regular soldier, then I don’t think so. That’s actually bug in Freelancer, not just 1257.

Anonymous

I checked 457AD recently and it was a really nice surprise. I had played it a year ago and it was still very buggy and honestly felt like the myriad of mediocre mods that populate the M&B landscape, but it is really polished right now

Anonymous

Yeah, it’s very well made and still being updated too. Probably the best Roman mod around, I wish we had one on that quality level set in late Republic/early Empire times. Feels good to know people haven’t abandoned Warband for Bannerlord yet.

Anonymous

im playing pendor right now
        i have 2500 hours in warband and this mod made it fun again, but it’s not for new players, you have to be skilled at the base vanilla game in order to become good.
        Also, who ever played the Napoleonic Wars DLC?

Anonymous

My favorite trick is to go to the edge of the map where there’s an invisible wall and just sit there while all of the cavalry slams itself against it and comes to a dead stop. Then I get off my horse and beat them to death with my mace.

Anonymous

Never player M&B but as a Kenshi and rimworld fag I feel I could enjoy it a lot.
      What’s the current state of Bannerlord? Is it worth it? any mandatory mods or it’s the classic "play vanilla first to figure out what you need to mod for your taste"?

Anonymous

id say most of the things of vanilla warband are in, just a few things missing, and some extra stuff on top. mods are getting interesting but no point to them since they keep updating the game and breaking the mods (you can always just not update for time being)

Anonymous

M&B an the Mad Max game are among the most underrated games I know. Sandbox open world is fun AF.
      Some anons hate them because they only work on a leash, constantly told what to do in an extremely strict linear campaign.

Anonymous

You should know more games tbh
        Both of those are held in very high regards

Anonymous

Mad Max is a fantastic game for half a game
        as soon as I got to the other half of the world map and realized it’s the exact same as the first half of the game and you do it all again I got immediately burned out and just blitzed the story missions to the end of the game

Anonymous

is butterlord finally good?

Anonymous

get in loser we are going to a feast

Anonymous

>B-But Harlaus, we only have one castle left! And it’s being attacked!
        >WELL GOOD THING THAT’S WHERE WE’RE GOING TO FEAST

Anonymous

Bannerlord worth it now?

Anonymous

Not until its out of EA

Anonymous

Don’t fall for these shitty games people only play for "immersion".

Anonymous

I’ve always heard vanilla is bad. What’s a good first playthrough kind of mod?

Anonymous

BUMPER CARS

Anonymous

wooooooooo

Anonymous

>hmm these guy’s strongest point is speed and mobility
      >yes, i’ll let them go get stuck in a horse moshpit!
      cavalry is so OP it’ll still work out if you have high-tier cavs on near-invulnerable war horses though

Anonymous

Yeah all I ever did in warband is form a swarm of heavy cavalry and smash them into the enemy.
        It wasn’t as effective for sieges but they were armored well enough to match most ground troops.

Anonymous

Mods where I can get a hot wife with big titties?

Anonymous

just bone the Empress

Anonymous

>first character didn’t know how to upgrade units
      >battles were me + 50 villager meat shield
      it was fun

Anonymous

IS BANNERLORD GOOD NOW AS IN IS IT MORE THAN JUST A SOULLESS SIEGE SIMULATOR AS IN ARE LORDS FINALLY INTERACTIVE AND INTERESTING

Anonymous

I think no one is playing it, Anon, that should answer your question

Anonymous

paradox doesn’t know how to sequel so no
        you’d think they of all people would know that 5% of features but looks slightly better is a stupid way to sequel but evidently they do not
        bloodlines 2 is going to have the same problem, btw.

Anonymous

Wiping out factions one at a time gets old

Anonymous

so as a guy who likes kenshi, m&b warband, elona, morrowind, dwarf fortress, cdda, rimworld, what other games should i try and play

Anonymous

Daggerfall

Anonymous

ok, what else

Anonymous

An actually good game that doesn’t depend on a shitload of mods to approximate fun. It’ll blow your mind!

Anonymous

ok, like what

Anonymous

please i need more games to play

Anonymous

Have you ever tried modding warband with overhauls?

Anonymous

yeah, ive tried gekokujo, floris and diplomacy

Anonymous

The problem is that there aren’t too many games like you said, maybe Skyrim and Oblivion with a shit ton of mods.
              And then there’s older Assassin’s Creed games and to be more precise, the original one which is set in middle ages.
              There are mods like Pendor, Phantasy, ACOK, and The Last Days for Warband that overhaul the game.

Anonymous

oh i fucking hate oblivion and skyrim, nothing like what i want
                i did like fallout 1, 2 and nv though if that helps

Anonymous

I thought you wanted medieval-esque role playings.
                  Have you ever played Knights of the Old Republic?

Anonymous

nope, i mean im more onto those sandbox kinda games or those where you have various attributes and skills and you can raise them and stuff, stuff that was lacking on games post fallout 3 and oblivion

Anonymous

Knights of the Old Republic series is one of the best (imo) in this case. It not "sandbox" but it gives rather large locations to explore.
                      Alpha Protocol is similar though it’s not really open world and lacks that sort of exploration.

Anonymous

Battle Brothers

Anonymous

>Alps
          >Literally every enemy in the desert
          >Dying to a headshot before you can move because terrain generation put a crossbowman on a mountain
          In all seriousness I just want a cultist buff, like make their event happen more often.

Anonymous

please i need more games to play

I have a feeling you’d really like Starsector

Anonymous

already did, played as a pirate for a while but it just felt repetitive after a while, maybe its just not my kind of game

Anonymous

There’s more to life than sseth videos

Anonymous

>sseth vidoes
          literally who? i dont watch your shitty clickbait e-celebs melanoid

Anonymous

Space rangers 2

Anonymous

This game is so good.

Anonymous

sands of salaazar

Anonymous

>early access

Anonymous

six ages, songs of syx

Anonymous

second for songs of syx, its fucking amazing and harder than most other colony builders
          My biggest colony was a bit over 700 before we crashed and burned due to not affording our food imports. I’ve yet to reach the rts stage which looks fun af

Anonymous

Sex in real life

Anonymous

???????????

Anonymous

>think of it as though you are moving your hand to prepare for the attack

Anonymous

inverse mouse movement is retarded

Anonymous

do you know how swinging things works

Anonymous

You do that in order to ready your attack from the desired direction, then release the mouse to strike. You can also then follow your swing with your mouse to get more damage, as if you were putting your weight into the attack with a full body motion.

Anonymous

>Set agility on PC to 100
      >Still get jumped by Heavy armor foot soldiers when de-horse

>Laws of weapon swinging dont apply to npcs. They can swing their huge throbbing 2h axes all cluttered together while you cant swing your dagger climbing up the siege ladders without bumping into an ally

WOOOOOOOW

Anonymous

For me it’s the ladders, impossible to climb them without getting pushed down

Anonymous

I’m not familiar with realistic medieval combat. If 2 cavalry units mushed together, what would it look like? I imagine the horses would be spazzing the fuck out and knocking off their riders for one thing. How could that be implemented in a game?

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know how to do drivebys
      Peasant

Anonymous

>suck at horse combat
      >blame it on Ganker

Anonymous

I wish there were more games like kenshi, M&B, and DF where there is no "goal" you just fuck around forever. Sims exists but that feels less like a game and more like well a simulation of course.

Anonymous

alright so whats a fun high fantasy warband mod that adds a shitton of stff like idk magic and races, and no it doesnt count if the player character is the only one who can use magic

Anonymous

What do we think about Bannerpage?

Anonymous

>warhammer mod
      >shooting elves in the head with my 6 barrel as a ratbastard monster
      Fuck so fun

Anonymous

>he doesn’t use rhodoks

Anonymous

Nice polearm

Anonymous

No thanks anon, I use combined army, expect for khergits

Anonymous

Can low level enemies (aka not lords) escape from your dungeon? I had 80 prisoners waiting to be ransomed and 60 of them just disappeared over night. It was in gekokujo so I’m wondering if it’s a bug or if it is intended.

Anonymous

a portion of your prisioners will die each few weeks in game until they are all gone if they are inside a garrison, the whole process is very slow so its usually not a problem but you should look for a ransom broker or recruit them to your party as soon as you can anyways since you also lose them if your kingdom makes peace with whatever faction those units are from

Anonymous

>Chud put a couple hundred hours into it and you’ll know chud

Anonymous

Literally one of the best games ever made, yeah. The definition of lightening in a bottle

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

Dickplomacy is the better Diplomacy and no you don’t have to use or even want any of the sex stuff but all the other shit it adds is great too

Anonymous

The lotr mod is the only good thing about this game

Anonymous

No one has said awoiaf yet. I loved my time in this mod

Anonymous

>still no update
      REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.