definition of based or definition of Soul ?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard definition of based or definition of Soul ?

• This topic has 49 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

definition of based or definition of Soul ?

Anonymous

> definition of Soul

This

Anonymous

haven’t played it but is it actually good?

Anonymous

no, 2 is alright though

Anonymous

also they’re non direct sequels of shining wisdom

Anonymous

Fuck no it isn’t. SS1 is absolute trash. I’m surprised it even got a sequel, and while the sequel isn’t the greatest game ever, it’s more than competent game. Most of its allure is probably lost in 2021: When the game came out, this was essentially a way of playing Diablo on the go.

Anonymous

thats some fine toriyama artwork tho

Anonymous

This one is also great

Anonymous

Funnily enough, I felt DQ3 was overhyped whereas DQ2, which people shit on constantly, was pretty much just as good for me (I played both on GBC for the record). DQ3 is nice but despite what some say here it’s pretty shit graphically (compare it for example with the Zelda Oracle games and even Pokemon Crystal), and although customization is great, I like having actual characters.

TLDR: DQ3 is overrated as fuck, DQ2 is underrated.

Anonymous

I agree. I own the first three DQ games on NES. I really enjoyed II, but just can’t get into III. I’m not even being contrarian. I finished I and II with no problem, but only got around 5 hours into III before I got bored of it (and it sucks, since I paid 60 bucks for it). I think my biggest issues with III are the party size and the customizable party. I feel going through random battles takes a bit too long with four characters, so grinding feels more obnoxious. And I don’t like always having to wonder if there’s a problem with my party lineup that’s making grinding more difficult than it needs to be. I’d rather have fixed characters and know I’m not going to be fucked because I didn’t fully understand what each class does in late game.

Anonymous

Then use less than 4 characters.

Anonymous

It looks like complete garbage to be honest. Never liked the GBC DQ3 cover art. Not look at pic related. Jesus fucking christ one of the best Toriyama artworks ever

Anonymous

Nah
          GBC cover looks good to me

Anonymous

Soul based

>nopan
            HNNNGHHH

Anonymous

Dragon Quest 3, like Castlevania 3, is actually a prequel to the 1st and 2nd games. Why call it a number after the previous ones instead of coming up with something like "Dragon Quest: the beginning"

Anonymous

Isn’t that part of the ‘wow factor’? Like you learn that it’s a prequel towards the end of the game.

Anonymous

Because it’s the 3rd game to release you fucking donut.

Anonymous

and then what would you do when you get to 4?

and why we are pretending the series order matters

Anonymous

it’s meant to be a surprise

Anonymous

I got golden sun instead of this because I just got a GBA and wanted a real GBA game.

Listening to all my classmates talk about DWIII afterward made me regret my decision.

Anonymous

Definition of a watered down port. Play the Famicom original.

Anonymous

It’s way better than the Famicom version, since it’s based on the objectively superior SFC remake. There’s nothing watered down about it, it has more features than either version, better controls, better fighting, better stat system, and is one of the most impressive looking GBC games. It might actually be the best port of DQ 3 but the SFC version is the most playable simply for being on a console.

Anonymous

the GBC version is playable on a console :^)

Anonymous

>Bought for $10 as a K-B Toys clearance
      >Try to play for a month and can’t make it click despite having enjoyed DWI&II
      >Be young and stupid and sell off the game out of frustration
      I will never stop hating myself for that.

Anonymous

its like $30 on ebay, just buy it again

Anonymous

Already did. Still hate myself for blowing it the first time.

Anonymous

>Toriyama same-face art he copy and pasted from Gohan
      Soulless. They handicap themselves by hiring a senile hack to design their characters for them.

Anonymous

>Toriyama same-face art he copy and pasted from Gohan
        dq3 hero came first. gohan is the copy

Anonymous

one of my fondest rpg experiences in my life. I still listen to the symphonic suites routinely. who hype for the remake?

Anonymous

Oh man just remembered that’s coming out. Looks so great

Anonymous

was just listening to that one youtube symphonic suite compilation in the shower today. some good shit. rip sugiyama san

Anonymous

Both

Anonymous

SNES version is great but something about the GBC version is really appealing to me atm…

Anonymous

Speaking of Dragon Quest, how come it took this fucking long for Dai no Daibouken to get a game? Did the usual jap autism make them think it was unnecessary or what?

Anonymous

My first Dragon Quest game. I bought at k-mart solely because the cover art reminded me of Goku. GBC graphics were pure fucking sole. The original NES release was too primitive. The SNES ports were too graphically complex. GBC release was a perfect sweet spot in terms of graphics.

Btw Dragon Warrior Monsters (and its sequals) for gameboy were amazing and you should play them

Anonymous

Pure SOUL coming through, complete with pocket label fade. DWM 2 is around here somewhere.

Anonymous

beautiful

Anonymous

i kneel

Anonymous

Just started DQIII and wonder do I need a mage? Can I have my party like: Hero, Fighter, Cleric, Thief? Or should I swap thief (or fighter) for mage?

Anonymous

Thief is practically useless in combat tbh. They’re mainly for overworld stuff.

Anonymous

ok ty

Anonymous

Mage is for crowd control and a few useful buffs/debuffs. They’ll also gain certain utility spells quicker than others.
        You don’t need one but it can be helpful.

Anonymous

>definition of based or definition of Soul ?
      definition of aesthetic

Anonymous

There’s something I like about the thief. I go thief, cleric, mage. The thief makes a good sage when you change classes. I also like making a super quick warrior from a thief.

Anonymous

when can you change classes?

Anonymous

Little bit after the Egypt section

Anonymous

The game might as well be called "Based Soul III"

Anonymous

Based andon ramiapilled

Anonymous

I remember when Nintendo Power covered the game they censored the female warrior, they included a poster of the box artwork and it was also censored

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.