Did game journalism die with magazines?

Home Forums Video game journalism Did game journalism die with magazines?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

did game journalism die with magazines

Anonymous

as some one that followed loads of game magazines, yes. They thought people would migrate with them to www, but that did not happen at all.

Anonymous

No it didn’t.
      The old style of marketing/promotion died. Pre 2010 besides the traditional marketing you had to appeal to magazines, they hold immense power.
      Nowadays not so much. You can give your shit of a game to some twitch players with a massive zoomer fanbase for a fraction of a ad/bribe cost of appealing to magazines.

Anonymous

Journalism in general is dead.

Anonymous

It died in the early 00”s when game informer became the only magazine to cover more then one platform. In the 90’s there were more then a dozen magazines that covered all platforms, but when you ended up with just Psm, nintendo power, xbox magazine and game informer, gaming journalism died. What we have now is the mostly dismembered zombie corpse of gaming journalism.

Anonymous

>ignoring magazines like gamepro and egm

Anonymous

EGM is gently caressing garbage man

In a year or two 99% of the journalists will be dumb zoomers like this guy here who got into games right after they turned to shit

Anonymous

>EGM is gently caressing garbage man
            First time I heard this.

Anonymous

It might not have died with them, but at the very least it lost its balls.

Anonymous

Yes. The internet destroyed their relevance and the furios competition was overwhelming for them.

Anonymous

Things were just as bad when it was print media. I swear, at least here in Europe, there was a concerted and organised effort during the early-mid 2000’s to deflate the scores of Japanese titles and stop them from selling, presumably due to proto-SJW hatred of their content.

Anonymous

I followed GAMEStm for the longest time. Then there was some huge WhiteKnight issue and coincidentally they stopped being shipped to the store I picked them up at immediately after.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.