Do you prefer traditional fantasy settings for FF games or modern/sci-fi settings?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Do you prefer traditional fantasy settings for FF games or modern/sci-fi settings?

• This topic has 49 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Do you prefer traditional fantasy settings for FF games or modern/sci-fi settings?

Anonymous

built for Barret

Anonymous
        Anonymous

this

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

>obviously young but has shit hairline and sagging face

Why is this so common among the White incels?

Anonymous

Obesity causes stress and premature aging

Anonymous

What does her pussy smell like? Filled with Barret’s seed of course.

Anonymous

Both have their places. I thought 7, 8 and 9 were all comfy worlds.

Anonymous

More importantly, I like it when FF games have big fucking boobies in them

Anonymous

I prefer big tits dont care about the rest

Square hasn’t had a ff game where a character had a large chest in decades.

Anonymous

FFXV and FFXIII. However not a playable one since Lulu, though Serah should’ve been big by developer intent.

Anonymous

Imagine being this wrong

Anonymous

I look at those suspenders and am angered by what they intended but backed away from.

Anonymous

I think VI has the best setting followed by VIII.

The floating suspenders will always bother me

Anonymous

I prefer big tits dont care about the rest

Anonymous

I like both, but the issue I have are how they’re executed.

Anonymous

need Tifa gf

Anonymous

I like it when they mix all three: medieval, modern and sci-fi.
      Although I think only a few of them have done this, VII, VIII, XIII and XV. X a little bit.

Anonymous

XIV also does this.
        Most of the world relies heavily on magic to make shit work, but Garleans are biologically incapable of magic so they just got really good at technology out of jealous seething so everything over there basically looks like a fusion of Midgar and that one city I forget the name of from VIII where you try and hilariously fail to assassinate Edea.
        At least that’s how the bombed out ruins in the benchmark trailer look.

Anonymous

8 is straight sci-fi tbh it even has a scientific basis for magic

Anonymous

Depends entirely on execution. 5, 7, 12 and 13 were all great despite very different settings.

Anonymous

Don Corneo’s Used Goods

Anonymous

All I care about is that the worlds are fleshed out, fantastical, and feel lived in and alive.
      The level of technology or lack thereof doesn’t matter if it can’t hit that feeling.

Anonymous

I like it when my entertainment does it all and then some more

Anonymous

I have no idea what the fucking ability "Macbeth" does but it sure looked fucking cool.

Anonymous

Traditional fantasy, airships and robots are fine because they’re tradition. Fuck everything else.

Anonymous

Sci-fi is fine as long as they don’t fuck it up. Like square fucked up FF7 remake. A literal chance to print money.
      >pic related
      Made for USA karens-tifa censoredheart

Anonymous

I never played a final Fantasy game and dont plan too

Anonymous

Steampunk >>> Exotic/Post-apocalyptic >>> Magical > Medieval > Sci-fi >>> ABSOLUTE POWER GAP >>> Modern

As long as they all have something mystical tying it thematically to the series, I can deal with it. However I dream of them making a game during dinosaurs, cavemen, shamans and maybe a bronze age evil empire as the advanced faction on the horizon.

Anonymous

What’s the difference between magical and Medieval?

Anonymous

Magical is like Terra in IX, Farplane in X or kinda in a few parts the world of WoFF, while medieval is just what many of the games normally are. We haven’t really had a full example of a magical setting where it twists and turns, while physics are a bit more loose

Anonymous

I’d like to see more imaginitive settings. It’s final FANTASY, it could litterally be set in a dream world, an Island made of candy, why the fuck not

Anonymous

You say that, and I agree, and yet the Fantasy genre from which it takes its name has, for the most part, been filled with people jerking off Tolkien for the last seventy years

Anonymous

It’s so fucking tiresome

I don’t hate Tolkien, I hate the people riding his coattails. Especially George Martin, but mostly because he’s riding them so hard he stole the old man’s middle initials

Fantasy should be fantastic, not another rehash. Last time I read a "standard" fantasy book it was where humanity was still neolithic and Elves were coasting off their bullshit OP magic (To the point they hadn’t even develop bows) Sadly that series was a lost cause when it turned into unreasonable girl power fantasy complete with an autist who had multiple (literal) autistic freakouts that nearly got everyone killed.

When your reluctant hero and used-to-be main character spends the entire book fretting over his impending death and his only real role in the book is to say how the woman who saved his ass should have his position instead you have a problem. Especially when the author prefaces his book with "I fell in love with these characters and changed the story appropriately"

Anonymous

I’m not sure which book you’re referring to, but that really sounds like the worst of both worlds

Neolithic humanity has always seemed like a ripe and underutilized setting to me however. Especially if you consider various human-like species existing concurrently, such as Neanderthals

Anonymous

First book was called Age of Wonder and it was alright. Mostly revolves around the fallout of a guy killing a God (Elf) in revenge for that Elf killing his father. Humanity is so pathetic that a copper sword is considered a treasure of great worth while Elves can just magic up anything they want.

Second book was called Age of Swords and while I finished it, the actual content of the book and the author’s preface made me drop the series entirely and never look back. Basically all the male characters stand around while a band of five women decide to hit up some dwarves for iron swords. This group includes:

>The First Femaleโ„ข leader of the village who becomes the actual main character and the leader of humanity by the end of the book. She as a character is fine, but the circumstances around her and the way people treat her is weird. Everyone who isn’t evil treats her with undue deference.
              >Her very, very lesbian bodyguard who basically says she wants to fuck her while they’re about to be killed by a demon. She kills the guy who was going to challenge the old main character for leadership by shooting him in the head with a bow without warning. This is somehow considered legal and diffuses the tension built up over the book entirely within the span of a page.
              >A girl raised by a forest witch who is actually a decent character and her pet wolf. She has magic but no training.
              >An Elf who got hit in the head so hard she can’t use magic anymore. (Yes, really)
              >A literal autistic girl who flies into hysterical fits if anyone touches her even if they’re preventing her from doing something incredibly stupid. This includes trying to open the door to the stormshelter while a magical storm is razing her village to the ground. This happens multiple times. She’s also the smartest person in the world and invents the bow.

It also had the garden gnomeiest dwarves I’ve ever seen in anything ever. Like cartoonishly so.

Anonymous

I prefer the traditional and medieval settings more. But I dont hate sci-fi settings either.

Anonymous

Anything that isn’t bog-standard medieval fantasy which is why even though FFXVI looks like it has someone who has a fucking clue behind it unlike the last few games I was incredibly disappointed by the trailer making the new game look like the fucking Witcher

Anonymous
        Anonymous

It’s a tranny

Anonymous

This picture sums up everything wrong with remake.
        – made for western faggots
        – censored for western faggots
        – one of the factors why the game failed with fans
        The whole experience is a joke that writes itself.

Anonymous

I miss OG Tifa…

Anonymous

If it ever comes to PC maybe that can be fixed. I miss her too ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous

modern since we had a ton of traditional FF games

Anonymous

i prefer modern scifi fantasy like ff6 and ff7

Anonymous

>mfw people want more Ivalice

Anonymous

Trad

Anonymous

Neither

Anonymous

Neither

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.