>Doesn’t want to make a Danganronpa game.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >Doesn’t want to make a Danganronpa game.

• This topic has 87 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>Doesn’t want to make a Danganronpa game.
      >Makes a Danganronpa game

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Discordtrannies should really get the rope.

Anonymous

Fuck off back to your containment thread

Anonymous

No

Anonymous

He did want to make DR, he was just burnt out on the class trial/death game format, but UDG and the mobile game didn’t stick. The only reason he made another death game with Too Kyo was because Uchikoshi was really up on the idea.

Anonymous

>he was just burnt out on the class trial/death game format
        Then…don’t do that?

Anonymous

Well then it wouldn’t be a Danganronpa game.

Anonymous

It only became formulaic because they decided that was the formula. DR worked because it had a fun cast, fun cases and didn’t jerk off for hours at a time with nothing happening. That’s all you need.

Anonymous

>>Doesn’t want to make a Danganronpa game.
        Untrue

>he was just burnt out on the class trial/death game
        Untrue

Anonymous

Well of course he can’t just come up and say that anon, but the ending makes it clear he was sick to death of them. You don’t refer to your work as trash if that wasn’t the case.

Anonymous

>but the ending makes it clear he was sick to death of them
            Yall took that "author’s purpose" shit you learned in middle school too seriously

Anonymous

>but the ending makes it clear he was sick to death of them
            No it doesn’t.
            >You don’t refer to your work as trash if that wasn’t the case.
            This never happens.

Anonymous

>No it doesn’t.
              Not only were there 53 seasons of Danganronpa (Why such as high number?), the game lampshades shit that the series has done before that it’s almost cyclical. They even had Tsunko literally say "Yea it’s played out but whatever, Yea it’s me, Junko."
              >This never happens.
              53 can mean Gomi in Japanese, which also means trash. Doubt that’s a coincedence.

Anonymous

>Not only were there 53 seasons of Danganronpa (Why such as high number?)
                Because they came up with the name "V3" before they came up with the 53 seasons of Danganronpa twist.
                >Doubt that’s a coincedence.
                It literally is.

Anonymous

For how fundamental v3 was, that really sounds like a stretch..

Anonymous

How was it fundamental?

Anonymous

It’s name means Gomi/trash in Japanese, and the game goes through the trouble to really show that team danganronpa are "phoning it in." Furthermore, it also signifies that it takes place in a different universe than the games, just before release we never realized to the degree it was different.

Anonymous

We always knew that it would be a separate universe, since the anime that came out before it was the conclusion to the original saga.

Anonymous

Not just a separate universe, but "our universe "(Not literally our world, but close to our world, like how Family Guy takes place in real life, but obviously isn’t actually real life)

Anonymous

Isn’t that kind of obvious? I was never under the impression that the game would take place in a fantasy universe. And I don’t see what that has to do with the V3 name.

Anonymous

>Isn’t that kind of obvious?
                        Not really, since no one would ever expect a "serious" story to be so meta that it becomes plot relevant.
                        > I was never under the impression that the game would take place in a fantasy universe.
                        I mean obviously there is a difference between our universe and Danganronpa’s universe.

>And I don’t see what that has to do with the V3 name.
                        Not only is it not related to the previous game, it’s not even related to itself at the end, because it’s all fake.

Anonymous

>Not really, since no one would ever expect a "serious" story to be so meta that it becomes plot relevant.
                        >I mean obviously there is a difference between our universe and Danganronpa’s universe.
                        But it’s still earth, right? They are humans living in 21st Japan. There’s some fantastical elements like people having exaggerated anime logic abilities, scifi robots and mild psychic powers at most, but at the end of the day it’s still a world like ours. It’s not like it’s set in the Mushroom Kingdom or something. I don’t think it’s supposed to be a huge twist that the Danganronpa world has anime and video game media franchises in it. Or rather, I don’t see how this aspect means that the number 53 is so fundemental to V3’s story that it couldn’t have been conceived as a joke during development.

Anonymous

>but at the end of the day it’s still a world like ours.
                        Not really, since a lot of the stuff that happens are things that could never happen in our world that’s treated seriously in that world (Such as Japanese Schoolgirl causing a nuclear apocalypse because she brainwashed everyone into a cult). Just enough cartoonish shit that’s treated seriously in universe that there is a disconnect. It’s our world, but not "really" our world. Sorta like Call of Duty having Russians invading all of Europe, when something like that would be absolutely retarded in real life.

v3 contrast with that in that the entire game yo uwere viewing up to that point was real at all, and goes into the "writers room" of developing a story in itself. Imagine if Game of Thrones started incorporating the fact that the yare all actors on a tv show into it’s actual plot. The "4th wall" is blurred at that point, since that’s something that can happen in real life (and by happen, I mean it does. GOT is a tv show).

>Or rather, I don’t see how this aspect means that the number 53 is so fundamental to V3’s story that it couldn’t have been conceived as a joke during development.
                        Because it goes with the theme of played out. It’s such an absurdly high number of seasons that of course the would reuse ideas. And as gomi/trash, it goes hand in hand with TD "phoning it in." I mean why do you think Assasin Creed games stopped adding the number at the end?

Anonymous

>Not really, since a lot of the stuff that happens are things that could never happen in our world that’s treated seriously in that world
                        V3 still fits within that idea of our world + wacky anime bullshit. A high school girl ending the world with a despair cult and a show that uses brainwashing and nanotech cameras to host live death games on prime time TV are both on the same level of unrealistic to me.

>Imagine if Game of Thrones started incorporating the fact that the yare all actors on a tv show into it’s actual plot. The "4th wall" is blurred at that point, since that’s something that can happen in real life (and by happen, I mean it does. GOT is a tv show).
                        There are shows that are about actors and writers for shows. Like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

>Because it goes with the theme of played out. It’s such an absurdly high number of seasons that of course the would reuse ideas.
                        Then any high number could have worked. 53 isn’t special in this regard.

>And as gomi/trash,
                        I don’t think the game tries to make this connection.

Anonymous

I view that as more…I guess "allegorical?". The "minicameras" and even the Flashback lights represent how an author can basically mold the story characters in whatever direction they want. it’s not really the same as 1 and 2, which although they take place in our world, it’s not really our world because of the crazy anime shit. v3 has it to, but the creation of the cast, fro mtheir design, the plot, etc. is something that literally had to happen for the game to even exist in our world.

>There are shows that are about actors and writers for shows. Like Curb Your Enthusiasm.
                        Those are shows were the actors play themselves. I’m talking more Daenerys in the canon of the tv show, acknowledges that she doesn’t exist and it’s not a joke (By joke I mean breaking the 4th wall for humor). It’s played seriously.

>Then any high number could have worked. 53 isn’t special in this regard.

They couldn’t capitalize on the fact that the audience would think that it’s the third game. Like GTA 4 technically being the 10th GTA game. By calling it 4, it is without a doubt a sequel (Not a story sequel, but a new game i nthe main line series)
                        >I don’t think the game tries to make this connection.
                        It’s too much of a coincidence that gomi means trash, and the game goes on and on about being played out.

Anonymous

how retarded are you, honestly

Anonymous

He made a fucking live action death game, a kids death game adventure, and is working on a hyper sports death game.
        Clearly, This is exactly what somebody who hates death games would do.

If DRV3 is about anything "Meta" it’s about corporate stifling hence why Dangan got 50 more sequels before UDG2 was even considered…. By whom? Team Danganronpa, who wished to do what works with more gimmicks.
        They don’t want another UDG game. Fans IRL want another UDG game but ""Team Danganronpa"" is probably pooping their pants at how it was a flop.
        We could have had a female protagonist but ""Team DR"" stole that and kept giving red herrings to distract that it’s the same game as always.

Immediately after he’s not working on Danganronpa we get games working in the same concept but with different styles and approaches that wouldn’t have flied under the DR name, probably.
        Just look at how DR S is the safest, lamest bet they could have taken for more content.
        The crossover content in v3 was included as the result of a fan poll.
        Danganronpa S is taking that and expanding on it with fucking gacha mechanics.
        If that’s not a sign of creative indecision from scared higher ups who want guaranteed money, than what is?

However, because of these restrictions,
        V3 is a final game that follows the Danganronpa ‘Formula’, rounding out a trilogy IRL but 50 fucking games without anything else in-universe

Anonymous

>We could have had a female protagonist
          nobody wants this but you faggot trannies

Anonymous

You’re fucking braindead to miss the point that hard.
            It’s not whether you ‘want’ it but whether or not """’Team DR""""" let’s the series change at all. V3 is entirely about red herrings before going back to normal Dangan shit.

Even the fucking ending where they reveal it’s all fake is just the exact same as 1 and 2 just on a larger scale.

Anonymous

2’s ending is completely different, than any of the others. I’ll give you 1 and 3 though. In fact it kinda comes full circle in a way.

Anonymous

even if she were a man, Kaede is infinitely more interesting than Doormat kun.

Anonymous

Ywnbaw

Anonymous

>a kids death game adventure
          That was just a fakeout and it turns into an entirely different game after the tutorial

Anonymous

That’s why I said it was an adventure tbh

Anonymous

None of those games are really death games, or at least in the way Danganronpa was. Hell ,even the anime wasn’t technically a death game either.

Seems more of he was sick of being tied down by the Danganronpa "routine" and wanted to explore other ideas, which would make fans go berserk.

Anonymous

UDG didn’t even flop though, it did suprisingly well for a vita game (86k sales in 2 weeks). Metroid Dread sold 86k in the first week on a bigger console.

Anonymous

It did that on the VITA? Why would anyone think it flopped then?

Anonymous

Death March Club isn’t a killing game tho
        Surprised nobody else pointed this out before me

Anonymous

Because not one person on earth played Death March Club, which isn’t even called that anymore

Anonymous

it’s cooler than the other title

Anonymous

DR fighting game when?

Anonymous

Probably was gonna be one of the projects for DR’s 10th anniversary, but maybe Covid put a hamper on that.

Anonymous

>2021
      >People STILL don’t understand V3’s ending

Anonymous

>is the best one

Honestly, consider what the audience is.

Anonymous

If you can talk for hours and hours and people still can’t understand, maybe you’re the retard?

Anonymous

Or maybe you simply fail to conceive nuances

Anonymous

What nuance? It’s pretty clear cut. He did say he didn’t mean that, but he wrote that after the Nips roasted the game on Amazon.

Anonymous

Just face the facts that Danganronpa is super popular and that means a lot of retards like it. Where else do retards like to hang out? Here, of course. Nothing about the hordes of morons getting filtered by a non-particularly deep vidya should shock you.

Anonymous

Didn’t he write this after he was review bombed on Amazon by Nips?

Anonymous

How are those projects going, Kodaka?

Anonymous

in the end mugi was right

Anonymous

1 and V3 best

Anonymous

Why don’t you like 2?

Anonymous

Not that guy, but 2 has massive pacing lulls where characters are just repetitively spouting exposition about the situation and nothing is progressing the conversation. It’s pretty dull to read, the way that 1’s intentional shallowness isn’t, and V3 learned to throw in twists and turns in a dialogue to keep it fresh.

It also loses the plot towards the end, in that it’d introduce a giant island with each chapter that it used exactly one bit of (or sometimes none, when the gang gets rollercoasted out), and there’s just no chekov’s gun fun going on, where you can try to predict how the new chapter’s space is going to be used.

Anonymous

To go further with that, the cast not only do very little (Though I do appreciate that they use their ultimate talents more), but they just don’t play off each other well at all compared to 1 and 3. The cast is very dull, with Nagito (Who is the best character in all 3 games) managing to carry the burden them ost. The problem is, he obviously can’t carry it all, being one character in a 40-50 hour game.

Heck, you can even see the game somewhat acknowledges this by the game quickly closing in on it’s climax after his death.

Anonymous

I’d say all three are good for different reasons, but each have huge flaws.

Anonymous

Kodaka is a hack, what else is new?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

>makes a few meta jokes
      >"THAT MEANS HE HATES THE FRANCHISE AND ITS FANS!!!"
      Danganronpa fans are retarded

Anonymous

The ending was literally telling the "audience" to go fuck themselves.
        I hope they are paying you at least, you Chunsoft shill.

Anonymous

>The ending was literally telling the "audience" to go fuck themselves.
          But you are not the audience.

Anonymous

The ending was literally about proving how a story/lies can change reality and if the few meta jabs offended you so much then maybe you should really go fuck yourself
          >Chunsoft shill
          lmao I don’t care about the company and UDG is the worst game i have ever played.

Anonymous

>The ending was literally about proving how a story/lies can change reality
            So does Kodaka not know that there are awards for Shows and movies then? Does he not hear about all the trannies screeching about representation? Why would he ruin the plot for that?

Anonymous

Your post has nothing to do with the conversation.

Anonymous

And your ax wound will never be considered a vagina.

Anonymous

That makes two posts from you talking about trannies and zero talking about Danganronpa.

Anonymous

I (The guy talking to you about v3’s importance) am not him.

Anonymous

Kodaka is a shit writer.
      The ones that wrote lion king, on the other hand…

Anonymous

Go back, /drg/.

Anonymous

>>Doesn’t want to make a Danganronpa game.
      Hook line and sinker. People don’t give V3’s advertising and build up enough credit. Even the fucking Famitsu scans were intentionally misleading.

Anonymous

Elaborate

Anonymous

>In November 2015, Weekly Famitsu revealed new information about the game: Like the title "New" implies, the world view of New Danganronpa V3 is completely new, and it doesn’t follow the characters and Hope’s Peak Academy setting featured in the series thus far. The series’ mascot Monokuma and its basic systems, however, will be carried over.

Everything was intentionally [lies] which is a main theme of the game. I’d say it’s like MGS2’s Snake-Raiden switcheroo but even further. I’m pretty sure people were originally under the assumption the students were going to specifically be "prisoners" with "talents".

People genuinely thought fucking Kibo was going to be the protagonist with his design for a long time.

Anonymous

>I’m pretty sure people were originally under the assumption the students were going to specifically be "prisoners" with "talents".
            I think it’s because of how the literal translation for the Japanese name of the school is "Talented prison school".

Anonymous

Yup, eops think 囚 means criminally imprisonment but it’s just a generic way to express captivity.
              You know… like how they couldnt escape in the previous dangan ronpa games

Anonymous

>People genuinely thought fucking Kibo was going to be the protagonist with his design for a long time.
            that’s the whole point, just like nagito in the second one

Anonymous

>FUCK DANGANRONPA! And fuck anybody who likes this shit!

Anonymous

BASED

Anonymous

Please buy Danganronpa Decadence and enjoy our gacha in a $60 game…that tells you to go fuck yourself….

Anonymous

>just to say "fuck you", makes a master piece
      I felt the despair after the game, but after a week I realized what a wild ride it was.

Anonymous

she wrote a good killing game, right anons?

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

tsumugi>junko

Anonymous

>danganshitter
      back to

[…]

with you brain damaged degenerates

Anonymous

I don’t get why weebs were so revolted by V3’s message that <we> the players love simulated violence? It’s true. That’s why the vast majority of games have violence in them. It’s a social and philosophical commentary.
      Hotline Miami had a similar message yet nobody complained about the message of that game. So why are weebs so sensitive?

Anonymous

I think it’s because it wasnt a happy hopeful ending like the others mostly and that it was a clear cut end to the series

Anonymous

It did it at the expense of it’s plot, after a fairly long runtime. You can finish a bunch of games in the span of v3’s run time, and to have it all essentially being just a dream would definitely upset some people.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.