>dude just emulate it lol

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >dude just emulate it lol

• This topic has 199 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>dude just emulate it lol

Anonymous

There’s a rom hack that removes all the touchscreen bullshit.
      https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5610/

Anonymous
          Anonymous

The original on DS obviously. Emulation is a fantastic thing, but it is the definition of soulless.

Anonymous

>he doesn’t own a flashcard
            oh nonononono
            y
            i
            k
            e
            s

Anonymous

To be honest I’m not too familiar with the hacking scene. I just bought a DSi XL that included Twilight Menu. So far everything has worked great.

Anonymous

>not just getting a hacked 3ds

Anonymous

I have an M3 but the SD card died and the software is damn near impossible to find now a days.

Anonymous

You can usually find those through GBATemp.

Anonymous

Don’t worry, you can play it with the original shitty resolution. Hell, you can play it with even lower resolutions if you want to, even MORE SOVL

Anonymous

>soulless bugman
              back to your sweatshop

Anonymous

You know it’s a 2D pixel game, it only has one resolution. You can make it bigger but it doesn’t make the resolution bigger

Anonymous

I guess there’s some 3D backgrounds you can make bigger but really who cares. It’d just stand out worse against all the sprites anyway.

Anonymous

*ahem*

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Dawn is fucking soulless without the fan patch. Seals and the artstyle are mega cringe

Anonymous

>why yes, I do love having fun mechanics in my game straight up don’t work because the game out in a console that didn’t accept patches
          I hope your descendants get softlocked in the death boss fight room

Anonymous

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4373/
        Play the best version. No generic anime portraits, no touch screen gimmicks, and luck actually works.

Better yet: just don’t play it, because Castlevania is a failed series that was never actually good. Every pre-SotN game was bullshit bullet-hell artificial difficulty with movement so sluggish it makes Red Dead 2 seem fast-paced, and every post-SotN entry is a poor-man’s Metroid. Clones of clones.
        The only good entry was Lords of Shadow 1, but you plebs love to shit on that one for being too much like God of War instead of more like the older, shittier, entries in the franchise.

Anonymous

I unironically love Lords of Shadow but you’re completely wrong. Castlevania 1, 3, Bloodlines and Rondo of Blood are fantastic

Anonymous

>Castlevania 1, 3, Bloodlines and Rondo of Blood are fantastic
            That is exactly the opinion of someone who has never played any of those games themselves, and only borrows every opinion he has from Gankereddit.
            Those games are shit. Just like every other game in this farce of a series.

Anonymous

Here’s your (You), don’t spend it all in one place.

Anonymous

Damn Metroidfags have gotten uppity since sucking off Dread the past week.

Anonymous

>every post-SotN entry is a poor-man’s Metroid
          >another retard thinks Castlevania somehow copied Metroid just because of the "metroidvania" fan moniker SotN and others got
          You people are insufferable.

Anonymous

don’t get mad, just feel pity for them.
            no better way to out themselves than to be the equivalent of calling CoD and BF bad because they are "Doom clones"

Anonymous

>retard thinks Castlevania somehow copied Metroid
            SotN released in 1997, a full 3 years AFTER Super Metroid (the third in its series) perfected the formula. How can it be anything other than copying you semi-delicious twat-nugget?

Anonymous

Super didn’t perfect shit. anyone pointing to either SotN or Super Metroid as pinnacles of game design is a zoomer parroting shit from some e-celeb’s youtube channel

Anonymous

filtered

Anonymous

You finnicky little fuckwad faggot. Anyone claiming either of those games are anything but gaming perfected has outed themselves as underaged. Unless you lived through their release, shut the fuck up, because you have no fucking clue how much you owe to those experiences, how drastically they influenced the industry, and how there was literally nothing like them before them.
                Fucking die, zoomer pig.

Anonymous

if you don’t value OG Metroid you totally out yourself a zoomer, like immediately.
                  Super didn’t reinvent the wheel. fuck off

Anonymous

I was 6 years old when OG Metroid released. It was fine for its time. But it’s aged like milk. Super reinvented the wheel by improving everything Metroid did well, and erasing everything it fucked up (a ton).
                    Quit trying to revise history, whippersnapper. You’re probably as old as my children.

Anonymous

>The only good entry was Lords of Shadow 1
          LoS1 was a pretty good game but even then it was just goodstuffs: the game. Castlevania has always used elements from other series to make great games, that’s just its MO

Anonymous

Metroons disgust me on a fundamental level. Get out of my sight.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4373/
      Play the best version. No generic anime portraits, no touch screen gimmicks, and luck actually works.

Anonymous

>2021
      >not having a hacked 3ds to play every Nintendo handheld games

Anonymous

>Emulating GB, GBC and GBA on 3DS.
        >Not using a flashcart on your GBA SP for native play.

Anonymous

>spending on a flashcard when 3DS can play GB games on native level

And is piss easy to inject them, there’s no excuse.

Anonymous

It’s emulation for anything but DS, anon.

Hold select to make your GBA games play at the original res when you boot them and you’re set.

>Plays at original res, but with a completely different style of screen many games weren’t built for and without the simple one-button-press brightness option for games that were oversaturated to compensate for the GBA screen.

Game’s like Golden Sun and Harmony of Dissonance look their best on an actual GBA. Golden Sun in particular has lighting effects that don’t work with a backlight on. Anyone emulating GBA games is getting a sub-optimal experience.

Anonymous

No, 3DS plays GBA games natively.

Anonymous

A lot of people don’t notice or care that a shitload of 16 and 32 bit sprite games desperately depend on pixel blending (and some 8 bit games, but way fewer).

Anonymous

So how those games work with an GBA SP? I mean they have backlight, you think a kid would turn of the light just to have "muh perfect" experience?

Anonymous

>without the simple one-button-press brightness option for games that were oversaturated to compensate for the GBA screen
              You can turn down the saturation when you’re making the .cia. It’s not optimal, but it’s something.

Anonymous

>It’s emulation for anything but DS, anon.
              Believe it or not, but the 3DS has the GBA hardware in its SoC and can play GBA games natively.

Anonymous

Hold select to make your GBA games play at the original res when you boot them and you’re set.

Anonymous

Wrong cover btw

Anonymous

what were they thinking with this lol

Anonymous

>NTR ACTIVE USA
        What did they mean by this?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Wrong cover bro

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Dawn of Sorrow is better than aria

Anonymous

Is the ds trilogy peak castlevania?

Anonymous

Yes

Anonymous

Am I the only one who felt like they dropped the ball with Dawn? They took a perfect system and added in the need to farm souls both for crafting and just to make the souls actually effective.
      >Cool soul drops from an enemy
      >"Great! I’ll try it out!"
      >Does fuckall damage unless you collect it 8 more times

Anonymous

>not grinding 9 souls to obtain mini devil waifu

Anonymous

The bigger part of farming is for the crafting. You’d think that the souls required to upgrade weapons would become gradually more difficult to obtain, but no. Out of the 8 or so upgrades for the regular sword, the 2nd or 3rd one requires a Valkyrie soul, which has the highest level of rarity and can take over 30 minutes of farming just to get one. Then the next one after that is much easier to obtain.

Anonymous

Who else is playing Castlemania this October?
      I set up retroarch on my Vita just to play through the games.
      Beaten AoS+Julius, HoD, and currently playing CotM.
      CotM is way better than I remember it.
      Gonna play Maxim mode after I am done with CotM and then play some Classicvania.

Anonymous

Playing Circle atm myself. Holy shit I swear I must’ve blocked the sewers from my memory, I fucking hate this shit so much.

Anonymous

I was going to until Konami said
        >no physical release for GBA Castlevania kino
        And with that I have to wait. I’ll just play the pre SoTN games like Rondo of Blood again.

Anonymous

Already finished CotM and yesterday I beat HoD. I started AoS and I’m so hooked to it, is on a whole different level than the previous two. I had already played DoS and OoE years ago but I forgot everything about them so I might play them again. I never got to run PoR in my DS flashcart because it would freeze after a few minutes, but it might work better if I play it through TwilightMenu++.

Anonymous

Torn about doing AoS Julius hack or DoS with that Castlevania 3 mode.

Anonymous

Replaying CotM and HoD myself. Did the switch port for CotM make the game easier? Because its a lot easier than when I did a blind run of the game last year on GBA.

Also where do I go in HoD? I got the double jump and beat the minotaur but now I’ve been circling the castle looking where’s the next zone and the map isn’t nearly as intuitive as CotM’s was.

Anonymous

Wish I could help but I honestly forgot most of the game even when I just beat it like two days ago, the backtracking in that game is plain insufferable, but I recall is hard to get lost, just keep moving forward since the first half of the game is very linear until you reach the top of Clock Tower.

As tips, two save rooms have access to hidden rooms with important items and if you press down on the circular teleporters, they also serve to teleport to the others around the map but the game doesn’t tell you unless you find one of the six tips.

Anonymous

Well damn, thanks anon. Honestly HoD feels like a fever dream. It’s really cool but nothing about the game sticks with me.

Anonymous

In case you haven’t figured it out, you can teleport around the castle by pressing down in front of the portals that switch castles.
          It’s gonna help you with all the fucking doors around the place.

Anonymous

Just beat a Hard max 50 run of PoR using only Charlotte
        I’ll probably start a run of DoS Julius mode later this week, and after that i’ll play Bloodstained for the first time

Anonymous

POST CHARLOTTE

Anonymous

JONATHAN

Anonymous

I agree with fixing Luck, since that was obviously a huge glitch that I can’t believe nobody caught before release.
      But the art style was great in both games, and touch screen stuff was a lot of fun. Plus, you can do touch screen things on your computer emulation with the mouse.

Anonymous

Nah

Anonymous

If the touchscreen features were so good, why didn’t PoR and OoE have them?
        Oh right. It’s because Nintendo pressured Konami into adding touchscreen features to DoS because it was a launch title. The devs knew it was bullshit, and that’s why they didn’t have it in the other two titles.

Anonymous

I guess there was one part in PoR where you had to use touch screen. had to call your partner in and have them hit the other side when mega dracula was doing that wing crush move.

Anonymous

Both PoR and OoE use the touchscreen in Sisters and Albus modes.

Anonymous

>But the art style was great in both games
        Fawn and Portrait’s art looks terrible. Even for stylized cartoon art it lacks proper shading.

Anonymous

oh no no no

Anonymous

I still remember how pissed I was when the game came out and I realized they axed Kojima’s art for a cheap anime artstyle.

Anonymous

What yugioh series is this dude from?

Anonymous

He’s not wearing enough guyliner to be a Yugioh character.

Anonymous

worst part is when Kojima draw him again she had to use the stupid yugi clothes

Anonymous

Peak soulless

Anonymous

sorry Mina, your husband tripped and lost all his testosterone on the way to the castle

Anonymous

Has anyone documented the formulae for luck and random drops in the GBA/DS games? I’ve always heard they’re broken, but exactly how broken?

I will say one of my favorite things about Bloodstained is that you can actually tell when you put on a luck item. You immediately start getting more common drops, rare drops, and higher value bags of money drop.

Anonymous

search for it in the gamefaq forums
        IIRC luck does next to nothing for soul drops

Anonymous

I don’t know, but I’ll only say that farming healing items in CotM is a miserable experience.

Anonymous

well yeah
      you can get rid of the cringey shoehorned touchscreen mechanics with emulation

Anonymous

>cringey shoehorned touchscreen mechanics
        aside from the seals some touchscreen features were pretty neat, like moving your familiar around, which was very useful for the devil familiar + guillotine combo

Anonymous

that is kind of neat, but I’ll gladly take the loss to get rid of seals and ice blocks.

Anonymous

Bros celia is actually kinda cute when the art isnt garbage. Still the worst fucking villain. Her 2 simps suck too

Anonymous

CHARLOTTE

Anonymous

JONATHAN

Anonymous

shanoa

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

I’d never do that. Emulation is wrong.

Anonymous

lol good one corporate bootlicker

Anonymous

YOKO

Anonymous

HAMMER
        oh wait

Anonymous

Such a wasted opportunity. He could have been Grant’s equivalent. Although, I doubt Hammer could climb walls.

Anonymous

Why did the gigachad dracula get reborn as some sissy faggot?

Anonymous

>be evil as fuck and be open about it for 100 of years
        >get killed for real
        >hide your powers in a sissy faggot so the belmonts don’t expect your next resurrection
        its actually pretty genius.

Anonymous

post the waifus

Anonymous

I have a 3DS 🙂

Anonymous

Is bloodstained ritual of the night a top 5 castlevania game (Pretend its one)?

Anonymous

it’s a top 5 igavania

Anonymous

Nah, I liked bloodstained but SOTN, AoS and the 3 DS games are all better than it. And that’s just the metroidvanias.

Anonymous

No. It’s the worst of its type, which means it’s like a 7 instead of an 8 or a 10. Curse of the Moon is good though.

Anonymous

>cooking
        >crafting
        >triples down on the whole Dawn of Sorrow souls crap
        >tons of really trivial sidequests
        Nah

Anonymous

yes but only 5th behind Aria / Dawn, Portrait, Ecclesia and SotN
        not necessarily in this order

Anonymous

Okay.

Anonymous

>Replace Menace
        …for what? Soma? Aguni since it’s the actual hardest fight in the game?

Anonymous

Whats this? From the PC port? Is it any good over the og/emulation?

Anonymous

>enters thread
        >posts screenshot from a program nobody else has
        >refuses to elaborate further
        >leaves

Anonymous

I’m reading that the Luck stat is bugged in DoS. How so?

Anonymous

https://youtu.be/Yz8AawZDlHE
      Best battle theme in the entire series

Anonymous

>Dude just play the Arranged version lol

Anonymous

What’s the matter, this absolute banger too hot for you to handle?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EbNBmnHL6M

Anonymous

worth playing over the original nes one or should i play the original

Anonymous

play the original later only for curiosity’s sake, Chronicles has far better graphics and music but still the same maddening difficulty, you won’t be missing out the MUH NINTENDO HARD experience

Anonymous

I played it on PC to completion, just use the mouse retard. Game even fucking stops when you need to use it.

Anonymous

Post more shanoa
      She is my favorite vidya girl bar none

Anonymous
          Anonymous

She looks like a mermaid in the thumbnail.

Anonymous

I think that’s intentional

Anonymous

She’s based as fuck and it sucks that Miriam’s design is so much worse.

Anonymous

Hopefully they change Miriam’s design for any future sequel.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I prefer OoE artstyle to Kojima’s.

Anonymous

If you mean the stylus shit, I just used my mouse… beat it on emulator years ago. You don’t need to use it much.

Anonymous

Whats a good DS emulator for desktop? Tried looking it up on emulator wiki but the website is down for some reason.

Anonymous

no$gba

Anonymous

Desmume or melon

Anonymous

I beat them all on tbhme or whatever.

Anonymous

I have this on DS. Fiddling around with the fucking stick suddenly is just as bad as moving your hand from your controller/keyboard to the mouse to do the same shit on emulator. Might even be less effort if you manage to do it with gyro mouse or some shit, though I’d probably rather kill myself than attempt to draw some of the harder runes with it.

Anonymous

Just apply the no touchscreen patch bro
        It’s been linked in thread

Anonymous

Not that I’m planning on re-playing the game anytime soon or anything. Just pointing out that the touch screen gimmicks make no difference for emulation.

Anonymous

>emualte it
      >get the superior experience thanks to romhacks
      Yes?

Anonymous

>love aria of sorrow, one of my favourite games ever
      >only feel lukewarm towards the rest of the series
      Is it because it was my first cv game? Probably.

Anonymous

Everyone’s first castlevania is their favorite. DoS for me.

Anonymous

CV I is my first one and it’s not my favourite.

Anonymous

Damn aren’t you a little old for this place?

Anonymous

I only played it for the first time last year

yes I’m still too old for this place

Anonymous

>started with the DSvanias
          >played Rondo later
          >it’s my favorite now
          Richter was the best possible addition to Smash

Anonymous

i dont know, my first one and favorite for a long time was SOTN, but then i played portrait of ruin and it became my favorite

Anonymous

definitely nostalgiafagging, I personally had this too for Lament
        eventually grew out of that and enjoyed the rest

Anonymous

Bro just get the original it’s not even that expensive.

Anonymous

How do so many anons get fucked up by 2 minutes of easy as shit touch screen stuff in a 10 hour game?

Anonymous

doing this on emulator with your mouse

Anonymous
        Anonymous

LoS 2, unironically

Anonymous

best Dracula by far

Anonymous

SotN. Hard to beat the classic.

Anonymous

OoE was a mixture of Dracula and Frankenstein and would do this chad stride before punching the shit out of her with his own bare hands, so he gets my vote.

And that’s on top of asking her before the fight if she just came there to be one of his concubines which is pretty based to me.

Anonymous

>he didn’t buy it when it came out

Either you bandwaggoned, or are underage. Either way fuck you. That’s what you get.

Anonymous

No need

Anonymous

show your hand pussy, also who the fuck writes on a napkin?

Anonymous

I grabbed the castlevania anniversary collection for 3 bucks on the eshop, are there any games I should skip on this

Anonymous

more like you should ask which ones are worth playing
        1, 3, IV and Bloodlines.

Anonymous

Simon’s Quest isn’t very good. The rest are fine but like what

more like you should ask which ones are worth playing
        1, 3, IV and Bloodlines.

said, 1, 3, 4, and Bloodlines are definitely the standouts on it.

Anonymous

You can comfortably skip:
        >Castlevania
        >Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
        >Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
        >Super Castlevania IV
        >Casltevania Bloodlines
        >Kid Dracula
        And lose nothing of value.

Anonymous

it cracks me up that they even included Kid Dracula. I always thought that it being a Castlevania game was just sort of a joke but apparently people really do consider it part of the series.

Anonymous

I got the double-jump in HoD and I don’t know where to go now. I’m just going to any spots on the map that looks like I stopped progressing. Navigating the castle is a mess, though.

Anonymous

What’s the easiest route through Castlevania 3?

Anonymous

whichever one gets you Alucard since he trivializes a lot of the game.

Anonymous

Really? I heard Alucard’s was the hardest.

Anonymous

depends what you find the most difficult about the game really. to me, the platforming bits are the hardest so Alucard makes the game the easiest to me. Sypha makes the bosses a pushover with one of her spells, but imo the bosses are mostly already much easier than CV1, so I feel like she isn’t as necessary. I actually do enjoy playing Sypha the most though, that lightning ball spell is just too fun.

Anonymous

>What’s the easiest route through Castlevania 3?

Anonymous

shanoa’s silly boots

Anonymous

Has anyone here tried the new Getsu Fuma or Ghosts and Goblins game?
      How do they stack up to the previous ones?
      I figure this is probably the best thread to ask.

Anonymous

Undying Moon is pretty neat, not a 1:1 recreation of the original tho, so if you want to play the original you gotta play it separately. thankfully it comes included.
        as for G&G, PSP’s Ultimate is still the best one

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.