Fallout thread

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I just want a fallout thread

Anonymous

I think you mean a New Vegas thread, anon. You know that’s all that is allowed.

Anonymous

Sure I’ll start. Fallout 3 is easily the best game in the whole series

Anonymous

Why do Indians love spamming gigachad?

Anonymous

It is weird considering how 3 was banned in India because of the cows

Anonymous

Has a vidya ban in the current year ever actually stopped anyone that is determined to play a game? You’re lying to yourself if you think pajeets have never played Fallout 3.

Anonymous

3 and New Vegas are the only good Fallout games.

Anonymous

This is Ganker son. We’re not allowed to have nice things.

Anonymous

No, you’ll get your threads full of 3 VS NV shitflinging and you’ll enjoy it goddamn it

Anonymous

anyone ever try FOnline?

Anonymous

Why not just play 76 if you want online?

Anonymous

because it’s a fallout 2 MMO and absolutely nothing like fallout 76

Anonymous

Yes, me
        I tried Reloaded, 2 and AoP

Anonymous

Playing through Fallout 4 again. One of the big new mods I added was A Forest, that’s been nice. I had started with Pine Forest, but there were definitely problems with that one. It was a bit spookier though, due to the fog effect. A Forest is more dense and less jank (at least so far).

Also just installed Power Armor to the People. Hoping that leads to some interesting encounters and loot.

Anonymous

Fallout 4 is fun even though it’s kinda shit. I just recently did an Institute playthrough and was disappointed by how shit their endgame equipment is. Even more disappointing is the surprising lack of mods the Institute has related to that very issue.

Anonymous

Honestly, Fallout 4 with a few hours of modding is an excellent post apoc shooter/base building/survival game. I’m nearing 2k hours and I still haven’t done the story beyond reaching the institute.

Anonymous

Based. Never play the story. It was bullshit they forced you to be a father in the first place. I just wanted to be a scumbag raider and the DLC for that was meh.

Anonymous

Rushing the main quest then survive out there would make more sense. More random events happen postMgame or late game.

No.

I’m not a PCfag, can’t play these games.

Anonymous

>Not bullying your son and his nerdy college friends
              >Not breaking their toys and blowing up their frat house then laughing about it afterwards

Anonymous

Just run east as soon as you leave 111

Anonymous

What mods do you use because I can never seem to actually get into a playthrough

Anonymous

I’m the kind of person who generally likes to leave the gameplay untouched, so I’m not sure if any of the mods I used would do it for you. It’s mostly just weapon replacers for shit like the pipe guns and assault rifles so they look like actual weapons. If I want to go through Fo4 I’ll probably do more but the last time I played it was mostly vanilla.

Anonymous

Damn.

Anonymous

>i just want cuckout thread
      Go bother plebbit with this shit.

Anonymous

All nu Fallout games is shit. Including New Vegas.

Anonymous

this

Anonymous

Actually based

Anonymous

All fallout games are shit and overrated. STALKER is miles better than all those pieces of shit. You faggots need to play a real rpg.

Anonymous

New Vegas is literally Fallout 3.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Van_Buren

Anonymous

>New Vegas is literally Fallout 3.
          No it isn’t. Van Buren was cancelled long ago.

Anonymous

>literally

Anonymous

Do you understand that it is not, though? Like, it WOULD HAVE BEEN if they hadn’t somehow forgotten how to make money and their company imploded? And it isn’t even "exactly like" the Fallout 3 they were making; That game would have been huge, covering many states, and even having your character travel to space to stop some stupid mad scientists.

New Vegas is a pared-down version of the game they were going to make and also they didn’t get to make it so it isn’t Fallout 3. You don’t like Fallout 3, that’s okay. I’m not saying you have to. But please, learn what words mean.

Anonymous

Who said I didn’t like Bethesda Fallout 3? The point I’m making isn’t that I think Bethesda Fallout 3 is bad, actually, the point I’m making is that, in a chronological fashion, New Vegas can be identified as having a creation that originates from the early 2000s. This is something that is well-documented. New Vegas is most-definitely the spiritual Fallout 3, if you’re strictly looking at it from a creation and origin stand-point. It literally has its roots as the first "Fallout 3", that is to say.

Anonymous

>New Vegas is literally Fallout 3.
          You’re correct but not in the way you think you are, 3 and NV are literally the same game and both are shit.

Anonymous

>tfw was just remembering the pedo mods for fallout 3 that were on nexus
      shit was up for a long time it was fucked up..

Anonymous

ED-E best girl.

Anonymous

Fallout 3 was my first and I loved it.
      Fallout NV was the second and I loved it even more.
      Fallout 4 was disappointing but okay.
      That’s it. There are no other Fallout games worth mentioning.

Anonymous

Why do you think Fallout 1 and 2 are "not worth mentioning" when you never even played them?

Anonymous

Is Nuka-World fun?

Anonymous

It can be. The new nuka flavours and the search for the mix flavours is nice, the zones are fun. You’re in a literal amusement park and it’s 90% shooting gallery. It’s one of the best areas of the game imho, along with Far Harbor. Only one settlement though.

Anonymous

It’s alright if you care about the Gang War stuff, you also have the option to just flatline all the Raiders on arrival.

Anonymous

Im sorry but fallout is dead

Anonymous

sure lets talk about the actual best entry in the series and ignor the 3 and NV posters

Anonymous

It’s insane how Fallout ruins itself. Not the fanbase. Not the developers. The inconsistent lore across all the games ruins the appeal.

Fucking sad man. I’m glad Atom RPG, Encased and Colony Ship are a thing.

Anonymous

I started playing Fallout 4 again and I can’t believe how much wasted potential it is. It’s got the best gunplay (minus the retarded hipfire accuracy), fucking amazing world-building, but it has so many problems I don’t even know where to start
      The story is railroaded and shit, it has a bunch of "morality curve-balls" thrown around but other than that there’s almost no room for leeway, many NPCs are flagged as essential so you don’t kill them when their time hasn’t come, and you’re forced to be part of 1 of the 4 factions, with the Minutemen being "the player faction" that is still forced to assault the Institute.
      The settlement mechanic sounds good on paper but it’s unsatisfying and forgettable, you just plop a bunch of structures and call it a day, it’s hard to dedicate yourself to making actual buildings when there’s dozens of settlements and the constructions look like shit anyway, clashing heavily with the terrain and being ugly messes. And there’s not much of a point to building settlements either, they’re just for passive resource production, it would’ve been far better to just have a bunch of settlements scattered throughout the Commonwealth but in which you can interact with them more rather than dozens of possible locations and most of them being generic. I’d rather they scrap the settlement mechanic and instead do quests for a bunch of settlements to improve them as they auto-build with more settlers
      The perk system sucks, it’s trying to handle things that the skill system normally handled (weapon damage, lockpicking, hacking, stealth) (I don’t want to mention Charisma because Fallout 3’s speech checks based themselves off Charisma somewhat) so what you actually end up with is some abominable combination of perks where most are generic and some are unique
      The legendary item system is broken and can rapidly turn the difficulty into a joke if you get something like a rapid-fire weapon that inflicts bleeding with every shot
      (1)

Anonymous

No to mention, with the junk system fallout 4 had the chance to have an actually interesting repair system. If they let you scrap shit and then use it to repair your weapons on the fly that would be sweet

Anonymous

I agree, they removed durability from the one Fallout game that mattered

Anonymous

Durability and weapon options. NV may have been a bit to much in quantity, but fallout 4 gives you very little for the sake of its weapon mod system. Sure I may have never once used the scientist gloves from OWB but it was a nice piece of flavour. Fallout 4 is missing a lot of that.

Anonymous

That’s another problem, unique weapons have a huge tendency to be just legendary weapons with a prefix and there’s very few actual unique weapons like the Alien Gun

Anonymous

well yea instead of making actual unique weapons and ammo types they made the magic gun system to fit with loot drop shooters. It really lowered the quality of the game by a lot. Even the unique quest rewards are just generic legendaries you can get from enemies.

Anonymous

(2)
        Crafting is decent but forces you to hoard garbage wherever you go so you can turn all those items that you can barely memorize the material contents of into base materials for crafting (and settlement building), and weapon variety was shafted in favor of having different flavors of the same guns (you can turn a pipe gun into a pistol, rifle or sniper rifle), and you can’t take advantage of it unless you have the right perks and thus the right SPECIAL stats, and there’s about 5 crafting perks (melee, armor, gun, high-tech and chemist), even if it’s a pretty important way of improving your equipment without relying on merchant RNG
        The gunplay isn’t flawless even if it’s the best in the franchise, for one being scoped with any sort of sight-extending scope blacks out your screen for a while so you only really use it for long-ranged weapons, even if you can mount it on pistols or rapid-firing weapons. Your mouse slowing down when aiming is also shit, they probably realized everyone would just quick noscope because hip-firing is shit so it’s a "balance change" instead of making hip-firing not shit. The lever action rifle in Far Harbor causes every Gankerfag in a 50-post proximity to turn into dust.
        Many side-quests are generic, they have a charisma check for extra money and they involve killing enemies in an area/fetching items (Wall guy and Swatter guy in Diamond City, fetching the brewery robot for Hotel Rexford) and coming back, with actually interesting side-quests being short (finding the missing bartender with Nick Valentine) or rare (Jack Cabot’s saga is a trip and actually interesting, but it still involves a lot of killing enemies mostly)
        Having a voiced protagonist sucks, the arrow dialogue system is outright retarded, the talking system is in the right direction but it should never go third-person since "cutscenes" are stupid
        It has so much wasted potential it hurts. This could’ve been THE Fallout game but they dumbed it for casuals.

Anonymous

Doing a (mainly) Unarmed build in New Vegas currently, what should I do when I replay 3 afterwards, thinking of going for an Explosives build because I don’t actually know how good that’ll be, give me some suggestions Anons.

Anonymous

You can do unarmed in 3 as well

Anonymous

Oh I’m aware, I was just asking if I should do something different though

Anonymous

Big Guns with Power Armor is also an option

Anonymous

Explosives sucks in 3, so do it

Anonymous

4 is trash but meme mods make it funny.

Anonymous

>4 is trash
        no need to go any further than that

Anonymous

I LOVE THOSE DEAR HEARTS
      AND GENTLE PEOPLE
      WHO LIVE IN MY HOMETOWN

Anonymous

I’ve played over 2000 hours of Fallout 4 on PS4. I’ve always hated how you become a god so quickly even on survival and the difficulty mods are retarded health sponges or you die by a couple bites of molerat even with decent armor.

Anonymous

What was the name of the fallout game that had character art where everyone was hot?

Anonymous

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

Anonymous

Nah that’s not it.

Anonymous

Fallout Shelter Online.

Anonymous

Why Fallout when you got S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro?

Anonymous

Different feel.

Anonymous

>why a janky FPS-RPG with retro-futuristic world and quests and choices when you got a janky FPS with open world elements and a less janky linear FPS
        gee I dunno

Anonymous

I just want a Fallout game. It’s been six agonizing years.

Anonymous

Fallout 76 was a mistake and a waste of resources. We could have a Fallout 4 sequel spin-off but nope we hot a shitty online game trying to milk its fanbase with a cash shop.

Anonymous

It’s actually got a great setting and map. I wish they would just take that and use it as the basis for a proper game.

Anonymous

seriously, shelter 2 when???

Anonymous

Anyone know of any good fallout themed weapon packs for fallout 4?

Anonymous

3 and New Vegas suck
      They never get any praise on their gameplay, which is a bad thing considering they are video GAMES

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.