Finish. Your. Backlog.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Finish. Your. Backlog.

• This topic has 185 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 64 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Finish. Your. Backlog.

Anonymous

>wasting my time on fun
      i’m fucking baffled.

Anonymous

I beat all other From Soft games before Dark Souls 1 and I was done with that shit. I wanted to just be done with having to think about that game. I beat Gwyn for the first time after getting close before so I can check that off my list of experiences before I die.

Anonymous

Based. If you disagree with him you need to up your grindset.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

and some people say IQ doesn’t exist…

Anonymous

>Multiple Region completions for each game
          For what purpose?

Anonymous

>easy platinum
            >shall I get it twice more or do another one that takes 1 more hour to get
            >hmmm…

Anonymous

I think that is a genuine case of autism.

Anonymous

My bro HAKOOM isn’t even the biggest PSN trophy freak anymore, he got surpassed by someone else a year or so ago. Hopefully he takes this as a sign to chill out instead of upping his grindset

Anonymous

Those eyes.. have seen awful things.

Anonymous

I mean that’s actually just autism, or more specifically an autistic person overadjusting due to not understanding social norms and that no one cares if you waste your money on frivolous shit up to a pretty substantial point

Anonymous

so…..don’t buy them in the first place? why is that an issue

Anonymous

>why yes, someone tricked me into buying what I thought was chocolate ice cream but was actually dog shit, but I have to eat it or else the money was wasted

Anonymous

>food analogies
          I think I know who here uses the steam forums unicronically

Anonymous

not understanding analogies is a sign of autism anon, please get help if you have not already. Also get off the board

Anonymous

This is legitimately autism. Not even joking.

Anonymous

do what you gotta do Mental Paradox

Anonymous

Why do these people exist

Anonymous

autism caused by vaccines

Anonymous

Why play it for the sake of completion? What do you gain in that? Isnt this just OCD? I only buy games that I know I will finish which is why I have only bought 58 games in the last 6 years. I will pirate every other game that I am not confident I’ll finish.

Anonymous

How many viruses do you own from those pirated copies, anon?

Anonymous

0. There are no viruses in scene shit. You can even do the basic computer thing and verify the hash, but I wouldn’t expect a Gankertard to be capable of that.
          Still not a single virus over 20 years of pirating.

Anonymous

based, dab on the moralcucks who don’t know any better

Anonymous

It shows just how dumbed down this board has become that he’s scared of malware. Not that Ganker was ever computer literate (lostboy.exe), but you were much more likely to get infected by running update on garbage software like ccleaner or get pwnd by OS exploits like eternalblue.

Piracy though? What a fucking laugh. No hacker expects gaymurs to be worth targeting.

Anonymous

Yep this
            All you have to do is not be fucking retarded and you’ll never get a virus
            The ones that do google stupid shit like "fallout 4 free cracked download (2021)"

Anonymous

I really wish I could talk to people like this. Why do you put things on your backlog in the first place, if not because you think they’ll be fun? What do you gain from finishing a game, other than fun?

Anonymous

that is literally me

Anonymous

My backlog is a bit out of control mainly because I’m not having time to play almost anything at the moment except one level of Doom 2 a day.
      I’ve even stopped buying games until I’ve at least completed a good portion of these self-imposed challenges.

Anonymous

Your backlog is like, 20 games…? Dude you should have at least 200.

Anonymous

>(Well Done)

Anonymous

Pleb: earning achievements
        Patrician: creating your own

Anonymous

Who cares about finishing games?
      If I get bored I stop and try again later until it clicks or I trash it.

Anonymous

Nah

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

>you can no longer buy assault horizon for pc
        Sadge

Anonymous

I got that from a humble bundle years ago so maybe there’s a ton of cheap keys out there still

Anonymous

+40ish on PS4
        +25 on Switch
        +120ish on 3DS
        +50ish on non-steam PC games and other miscellaneous consoles/handhelds

Anonymous

hey abzu is in my backlog as well
        i finished about half of it
        my pc at the time was a doo doo top so i couldn’t get through more

Anonymous

Based

Some day I’ll get around to it bros…

+40ish on PS4
        +25 on Switch
        +120ish on 3DS
        +50ish on non-steam PC games and other miscellaneous consoles/handhelds

>Creating a backlog list instead of categoring beaten games instead
        you guys aint clever, eh?

Anonymous

forgot pic

Anonymous

i prefer my system

Anonymous

>queue (immediate)
              >queue (long)
              shit tags, as they only describe the game when they were added. Or are you checking the queue time every week to make sure that the games are in the right category?

>4p local
              pretty nice, should consider that one

>unplayed
              why not just have those in uncategorized? you just give them a category later when you have played/beaten them

>all those game tags
              why not just search for the games instead of adding them into a category. or were they added before the latest steam update?

Anonymous

the immediate vs long queues are basically my "wanna play soon" and "wanna play eventually" backlogs. it’s a short-list and a general "still interested someday"

>instead of adding them into a category
                everything else is generated automatically by slightly tuned dynamic collections and i don’t manage it directly, i let the computer do that part.

>why not just have those in uncategorized
                i made an unplayed list in a few clicks so i can keep tabs on the count, out of curiosity mostly. serves very little real function as you note.

Anonymous

understandable

Anonymous

>okategoriserade
            ??????????????
            Is this some schizo shit?

Anonymous

I’ve beaten like 200 games on steam and close to 1000 everywhere else. I have my completed games and favorites on separate steam lists, but categorizing everything I’ve ever beaten would take me a while.

Anonymous

just add the damn game to a ‘beaten’ category when you beat it or before you uninstall it. It’s simple man

Anonymous

I have a backlog category but it’s more a currently playing game that I remove once I either lose interest or beat it.

Anonymous

forgot pic

autism

Anonymous

Eventually

Anonymous

i have no backlog
      i have a handful of games i wanna play before i die, and that’s it
      how can anyone force themselves to play games they don’t enjoy is beyond me

Anonymous

I never, ever will thanks to the continuing practice of digital games getting delisted from storefronts or the seemingly perpetually increasing in price for physical copies. As such I can’t help myself when it comes to buying cheap games that I want to play, even if I know deep down that I will probably never finish them. I’ve been doing decently this year, although I totally fucked it at the start of the COVID lockdown(s) by going all in on the original Xbox. Don’t worry though, I never force myself to playthrough something boring and instead drop it after I feel like I’ve experienced what the core gameplay has to offer.

PS: Any anons still using backloggery? If so feel free to add me to your multitap (yyywww111) and/or leave a message telling me my taste SUCKS

Anonymous

I finish all my games aiming for a "partial 100%", what i mean is i play and complete every bit of content in the game that is gameplay and ignore the collectathon shit.

For example in BOTW i don’t bother with 100% korok seeds, or recently i played Asscreed 2 and went for everything except the feathers. collectathons are always shit and boring, which goes against the concept of a game

Anonymous

Based
        I pity the "People" that force themselves to do unfun activities out of autism

Anonymous

"Gamers" are fucking stupid. Devs even started exploiting completionism by adding meaningless achievement like stand-on-your-head-do-a-backflip-kill-150 rabbits-and-then-jerk-yourself-off kind of shit.
          You shouldn’t do this garbage just to spite the fucks who exploit idiots this way.

Anonymous

Protip: You don’t have a backlog. You have a collection of readily-playable games. Your 12-year-old self would have loved to have your problem of "too many games".

Anonymous

THANK YOU. Though admittedly I’m an outlier since my family owned a game store and could play any game I so desire (when it came into the store), people should be overjoyed to have such a surplus of entertainment. At any point, you could fire up a brand new game, a whole new experience, and, whether you like it or not, it’s something new.

Anonymous

>mom didn’t buy me games as a kid because she though they were a waste of time and wanted me to study all the time
        At least now I get to play all those games she refused to buy me but it stings to know that I am having more fun now as a 25 yo adult then when I was a kid.

Anonymous

My 12 year old self had no job, and no responsibilities

Anonymous

my 12 year old didn’t have the problem because was pirating every damn ps2 game

Anonymous

It’s significantly less mentally taxing to be forced into having fewer options. The internet was a mistake.
        Paradox of choice.

Anonymous

My 12 year old self was happier replaying shitty games because it was one of the few games I had than I am now with hundreds of games at my fingertips and access to literally any game I want. Options are misery.

Anonymous

>Options are misery.
          a man chooses, a slave obeys
          maybe you’re just a huge bitch who can’t handle life

Anonymous

He’s technically right in that you lose money on games you don’t play/finish, but the solution is to stop buying those games, not force yourself to finish them.

Anonymous

You lose money the moment you buy the game, whether you then play it or don’t.

Anonymous

Gamers be like "Sunk cost fallacy? Never heard of it"

Anonymous

Iโ€™ve bought 17 games this year and havenโ€™t played any of them

Anonymous

I have bought like 30

But I only play Street Fighter V everyday since the beggining of the pandemic, the last game I finished was Lightning Returns… In June last year. Even in SFV I have never ever went past the first battle in story mode, only online fights

Anonymous

Don’t tell me what to do

Anonymous

My backlog consists of over 600 games, of which at least 200 are actual games and not shovelware shit.
      I can’t possibly ever finish.

Anonymous

There are a ton of reasons to why I don’t finish the games I bought

>bought and hated, these games sucked
        Brothers, Darksiders 1 and 2, nu-Tomb Raider

>alright, but meh, don’t feel like playing it
        Remember me, The Witcher 1 and 2

>Was playing but lost the save and don’t want to suffer again
        Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Vesperia. This series is CURSED

>I got filtered HARD TIME. The game dabbed on me ultra hard and I wasn’t able to finish it
        Chantelise, Ducktales Remastered. Also, Chantelise is the hardest game I have ever played, Dark Souls only dreams about being as hard as Chantelise is, holy shit.

And of course, there is the shovelware I got because it was cheap and I never downloaded.

Anonymous

>i’m not here for fun. i’m here to finish as quickly as possible.
      then why are you playing it if your not having fun? your not even getting paid to play it, so just hide it from your library and forget about it.

Anonymous

>"That’s it! I won’t buy any more games! My backlog is too large!!"
      >See game at 90% off and impulse-buy it
      I am a bitch for capitalism

Anonymous

learn to pirate newfag

Anonymous

>disgaea 2 for 4โ‚ฌ
        >i should buy it..but i didn’t finish the first
        >guess i’ll wait for next sale or till i feel like playing it
        have some control retard

Anonymous

This is who you find will say shit like "lives are an outdated mechanic".
      They dont play videogames for fun, they play them to screenshot and parade around on Twitter/Discord that they beat a game.

Anonymous

No. I have over 700 games. If I don’t beat them all before I die, I’m okay with that.

Anonymous

>I have wasted enough time on "fun"
      kekd

Anonymous

I’m really glad that I stopped buying games. It saves so much fucking money, and I barely have time to play all that shit anyway.

Anonymous

I’ve actually been working on my backlog for the last few years. I’ve reduced it by over 50% but I still have a lot of junk I’ve bought over the years that I really don’t have any desire to play.

Anonymous

You should really play Titanfall 2.
        The campaign is great but short enough compared to other games. It’s a good option to choose if you want to clear your backlog.

Anonymous

Doom 3, Bastion, Turok, Lisa, RE5, TF2 are all short games. Shouldn’t take more than 2 days to complete each

Anonymous

Shadow of Mordor/War is great fun just fucking around with the orcs. Absolutely pooping on an orc captain and having him show up down the road with metal body parts and a fucking grudge to cash in on is just so good. Mind breaking orcs in Shadow of War netted me an easy 15+ hours.

Anonymous

If that is your backlog you have a lot of good vidya to play and you should muster up the desire to play them

Anonymous

I don’t get why people make such a big deal about their games backlog.
      Do they also get anxiety because they didn’t watch everything that’s in their watchlist on Netflix?

Anonymous

They already paid Gabe. They can’t admit to buying useless games even if it was at a discount.

Anonymous

yes actually
        there’s a ton of movies I want to watch but I can’t commit to them
        books and music too

Anonymous

Doing a quick count on Steam there’s like ~15 games I’d say I either haven’t played while having some level of desire to or have played but not to the point where I can say I’ve experienced enough of the game to justify purchasing it
      Can’t imagine someone actually wanting to play through games they know they won’t like just for some external reason. Couldn’t be me.

Anonymous

>I’m not here for fun

Man it really sounds odd when you’re not associating that with Ganker

Anonymous

BUY ME GAMES

Anonymous

no, YOU buy me games, cunt, because I’m not buying them myself

Anonymous

what games do you want anon

Anonymous

uhhhhhhhh
            I’ll get back to you on that one

Anonymous

Sounds like low effort bait on a forum that has otherwise genuine posts.

Anonymous

My backlog is about 950 games I’m taking it to the grave

Anonymous

>backlog
      I pirate EVERYTHING. Wasting time on video games is already punishment enough. I’m not gonna stress over actually finishing them even if I’m not enjoying it.

Anonymous

Hmph

Anonymous

how do you see this

Anonymous

steamdb.info/calculator

Anonymous

interesting. I’m honestly surprised I’ve played 80% of my library, though a few of those might be just starting the game up and only playing an hour or so.

Anonymous

sheeeeeesh

Anonymous

Value is listed at 1500-6000 bucks, but I think I’ve only spent like 2500 over the years. 99% of that playtime is since 2013 since before that I had only really played Half-Life 2 and Bioshock 1 on my account.

Anonymous

what game should i play and which should i delete?

Anonymous

How do you have Silent Hill on steam?

Anonymous

I’d imagine the same way he got NOLF on Steam.

Anonymous

Play: Diablo 1
        Delete: Todd’s game

Anonymous

metal gear on steam?

Anonymous

Saw is surprisingly good. Saw 2 was shit, though.

Anonymous

>no silent hill 4

delete win32

Anonymous

i do not understand why people end up having backlogs.
      i just buy a game i want to play at the moment and then play it. simple as, no backlog involved.

Anonymous

Have you ever heard of a game and wanted to play it but been unable to acquire it/play it? I struggle to believe you’ve never had enough free time issues to just not be able to play a game.

Anonymous

I just like amassing media(books and games) for retirement which is future impossibility for me or the eventually collapse. I buy stuff at discount as most triple A games are complete crap now.

Anonymous

For me, humble bundle and big sales. sometimes I’ll buy a highly rated older game for piss cheap then drop it after a couple hours.

Anonymous

>Buy game for cheap and expect to play it later
        >Buy game at release but busy with other games

Anonymous

>forcing yourself to play games you don’t like
      >making any sense
      the concept of backlogs are a failed learning opportunity. If you bought a game that you don’t like then all that means is you now have more information on what kind of games you won’t like in the future. If you fail to realize that and instead decide to punish yourself so you can jump through some autistic mental hoops to say that you didn’t waste your money, you have fucking problems.

Anonymous

i’m trying
      sadly i rather play multiplayer games without cutscenes and dialoges and boring walking/talking sections

Anonymous

i have a friend who freaks out over his backlog all the time and i just don’t understand

if i’ve bought a game, it’s because i think i’ll enjoy it. if i force myself to play it, i won’t enjoy it, it’ll just be work. i’ll get around to it whenever feels right, and it’ll be fun. so just fuckin … chill out?

Anonymous

It doesn’t always work like that though. If you have bad habits and tend to procrastinate, you’re gonna miss out on parts you’d otherwise enjoy if you were better at the game.

Anonymous

so you just have super bad FOMO?

look, i bought outer wilds when it came out because it seemed right up my alley, and then never touched it because i was busy.

last week i was looking for something chill and found it after a brief search in my library for something chill and exploration based.

i booted it up and enjoyed the shit out it. beat it, didn’t 100% it, had a good time and will always think fondly of it.

all done! purchase justified. not that it really needed to be.
          maybe next week i’ll want something actiony and boot up DOOM finally. or not, whatever, it’s there for me someday.

why are you so OCD and FOMO? chill the fuck out. smoke some weed, get your dick sucked, calm the fuck down. they’re video games, they’re supposed to be fun. you don’t need to min-max your gaming game.

Anonymous

No, I just browse stupid websites instead of doing things that would stimulate the mind. And it’s not a consistent trend either. I could be totally engaged into gaming for hours on end or spend half the way shitposting.

There’s no simple solution to this. You just have to work on yourself to achieve a reasonable middle ground that keeps you sane.

And shitty drugs that rape your short term memory are definitely not a solution. Weed is fucking addictive and plenty of people go through obnoxious withdrawal, though obviously not as bad as hard drugs.

Anonymous

you sound to me like you have some kind of obsessive problem where you’re constantly worried about min-maxing your free time.

do you enjoy browsing stupid websites and shitposting? well maybe that’s fine. if you hate it and it’s impacting the rest of your enjoyment in life but you’re doing it anyway you obviously need to talk to someone.

your blurb about weed is cute. very "straight-edge 11th grader". but given your other issues i’m inclined to agree that you should probably stay away from any intoxicant.

>i think people who panic about their backlog have mental illnesses.
              I have mild OCD. With some games they’re constantly at the back of my mind because I’m losing memory of what I’d done in the game, and end up never completing it despite wanting to experience the whole package.

if it’s sucking the joy out of your hobbies and stressing you out when you should be relaxing, it’s more than mild. it sounds untreated like it’s running roughshod over your ability to enjoy life.

You got a point, but I just don’t see steam or gog lasting forever and might we lose our backlog once they go. This of course could be fifty years from now or long after I’m dead as these companies make billions.

that would suck organizationally but, uh, what

That’s hilarious. You realize you can just easily pirate most those games?

said.

I understand the mentality, I really do.
              I spent my entire youth playing WoW and as a result the amount of games I had seen to completion as of Cataclysm wrecking WoW and my motivation to continue had me in a fever pitched panic, so many classics I hadn’t put under my belt that other people did. Fell into the backlog meme, was miserable and gaming felt like work, would fall back into playing a game 5 hours in at most then jumping meme.

But what you gotta learn is, even IF you really ought to see more games to completion. It’s about finding the games that speak to your SOUL and playing the hell out of em.

Resident Evil 4 is a classic, but if it’s not doing anything for you as you’re playing through, go play something else that speaks to you, even if it’s schlockier. Maybe you’ll have the drive for Resi 4 another time in your life, maybe it’ll hit perfect then.

>finding the games that speak to your SOUL and playing the hell out of em
              i like this criteria. if it’s stressing you out, don’t play it. not to say don’t play games that have challenge.. but there’s a difference between being challenged and being stressed.

Anonymous

>do you enjoy browsing stupid websites and shitposting? well maybe that’s fine
                I’m doing it right now. It’s an kind of anxiety driven dopamine thing where you hunt for (you)’s and exchange input.
                It’s absolutely unhealthy, there’s no joy in it. It feels like it’s sucking happiness out of me at this very moment.
                So, yeah, focusing on optimizing the use of your free time in *healthy* ways that burden your mind is absolutely the right thing to do. You will be depressed if you keep doing the things that you know lead diminished happiness but are done out of compulsion.

Anonymous

have you noticed that you keep pivoting to talking in the second person when dispensing advice that should apply to you? as though dictating proper precepts for organizing your time and compulsions is being done authoritatively, for the benefit of others.
                i’m sure the sensation of being an authority on the topic delivers a little dopamine hit that feels better than actually following the advice, and reinforces the feedback loop that keeps you here. but nobody considers you an authority or expects you here, so you can leave if you’d be happier.
                i’m quite happy with how i schedule my free time and tend to derive enjoyment from nearly all of the activities i perform therein, including periodically shitposting. you should try it, or talk to someone if you can’t ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Anyone else hit a wall every time they have to start up a new game?
      Im much more likely to replay something ive already liked than to start up a new game (that I KNOW i will like)
      And every time i push myself and do it i have a blast and burn through it in like a few days but then its back to square one
      What the fuck is wrong with me?

Anonymous

>start game
        >cutscenes
        >tutorials
        >4 hours later you may start to play
        its a mystery

Anonymous

It’s related to habits. For example when I sit down in front of a computer I start browsing useless trash websites like Ganker and these browsing sessions get longer and longer.

If I instead just launched the game, I’d be playing the game. No overthinking, just doing it.

This rotten mindset carries over to your real life as well where you don’t get things done and have increasingly less free time to pursue the things you’d enjoy.

Anonymous

Shit i think that might be it
          What can i do about it?

Anonymous

It’s been a hit and miss for me, but the key is to reduce decision making to like 10 seconds.
            If you think you want to do something, make a rule that you have to act on it in the first 10 seconds the idea comes to mind. Otherwise you’ll keep procrastinating..

Anonymous

Damn straight. I couldn’t agree more.

Shit i think that might be it
          What can i do about it?

The only thing that can break the curse is a truly magnificent game/VN/whatever
          You’ll know it when it hits, but when it does, shitposting on Ganker and what have you will be the farthest thing from your mind.
          But that only means the post-game syndrome afterwards is gonna fuck you up real bad.

Anonymous

This is why I don’t give a shit about my backlog, I just learned to buy less.

Anonymous

Story of my life. Game is too hard. Puss out from trying it. Yet to play or finish Deus ex, system shock, Thief games, some of the classic CRPGs and Pathologic 2

Anonymous

For me its the same but with lenght
        Why does every game need to be 40+ hours these days?

Anonymous

>"Working on my backlog"
      >But actually just striving to complete games more, because seeing a game through to the end is fun
      >Still drop shit games at 20% completion or whatever no problem, or popular/good games that aren’t doing anything for me
      Feels fucking good brehs

Anonymous

thank you. play for fun motherfuckers.
        i think people who panic about their backlog have mental illnesses.
        they’re fucking games. their function is entertainment.

Anonymous

>i think people who panic about their backlog have mental illnesses.
          I have mild OCD. With some games they’re constantly at the back of my mind because I’m losing memory of what I’d done in the game, and end up never completing it despite wanting to experience the whole package.

Anonymous

You got a point, but I just don’t see steam or gog lasting forever and might we lose our backlog once they go. This of course could be fifty years from now or long after I’m dead as these companies make billions.

Anonymous

That’s hilarious. You realize you can just easily pirate most those games?

Anonymous

I understand the mentality, I really do.
          I spent my entire youth playing WoW and as a result the amount of games I had seen to completion as of Cataclysm wrecking WoW and my motivation to continue had me in a fever pitched panic, so many classics I hadn’t put under my belt that other people did. Fell into the backlog meme, was miserable and gaming felt like work, would fall back into playing a game 5 hours in at most then jumping meme.

But what you gotta learn is, even IF you really ought to see more games to completion. It’s about finding the games that speak to your SOUL and playing the hell out of em.

Resident Evil 4 is a classic, but if it’s not doing anything for you as you’re playing through, go play something else that speaks to you, even if it’s schlockier. Maybe you’ll have the drive for Resi 4 another time in your life, maybe it’ll hit perfect then.

Anonymous

MMOs are truly the most spirit-crushing cancer. There’s fun to be had in them, but you have to be disciplined and have boundaries.

Anonymous

Very true. MMOs and gacha games epitomize the sunk cost fallacy. That they make you feel guilty for not playing, you don’t not want to fall behind the rest of the playerbase or miss out on them sweet sweet daily rewards.

Anonymous

>they make you feel guilty for not playing

I have never once felt guilty about dropping a videogame ever.

Anonymous

ngl that’s kinda based

Anonymous

>hyped for like one or two games a year
      >Otherwise alternate between fighting and grinding games in my freetime
      >Occasionally play some XCOM like games or Total War Warhammer campaigns
      It’s a simple life

Anonymous

I just finished three 40+ hour games this week.

Anonymous

What were they?

Anonymous

Replay of Dark Souls 1 (I know it usually takes less than 40 hours but I wanted to take my time)
          GTA San Andreas replay (didn’t 100 percent it but did most of the side shit and fucked around)
          Precursors (eurojank space rpg from ukraine, it was pretty good)

Anonymous

>I’ve wasted enough time on "fun"

Anonymous

Fun is a buzzword. You could have autistic habits that involve "mastering" a level instead of actually progressing to other genres. Think PvP’ing in Dark Souls.

If his concept of "fun" is hindering him and he wants to try something else, that’s perfectly reasonable.

Anonymous

>buzzword
          >autistic habits
          >Dark Souls
          Whoa there, cowboy.

Anonymous

It’s just an example. I think I’ve played 2 hours total of Dark Souls, and it’s the only Souls game I ever played.
            But, the point stands. "Fun" to you could be an autistic manchild instead of exposing yourself to the broader spectrum of what the game has to offer. So you have to condition yourself to abandon these habits.

Anonymous

The fuck are you talking about.
              Something being fun means it’s something you enjoy doing, if you play games to intentionally avoid having fun then you’ve got some kind of mental disorder – not the other way around. You might even be a gaming journalist.

Anonymous

I’m saying we’re creatures of habits. If you keep waking up and sending a 100 shitposts on Ganker, you will keep doing it to start the day, it becomes a compulsion.
                Similarly playing a video game could involve a number of compulsions. You could be forcing yourself to craft a bunch of useless bullshit and research how to craft even more shit instead of play for the plot and find different ways to find happiness when experiencing the video game. That’s why it’s important to recognize when "fun" is actually just an unhealthy compulsion and change your habits.

Anonymous

By your own description, nothing of what you mentioned is fun. It’s a habit.

Anonymous

>Fun is a buzzword

Anonymous

no, my gaming behavior is not up to debate

Anonymous

>decide to play sonic lost world
      >finish it on 3 days (could have been 1)
      >back to procrastinating

Anonymous

Some day I’ll get around to it bros…

Anonymous

Alien Isolation
        Control
        Prey
        Shadow of the Tomb Raider
        Witcher 3
        Metro Exodus

all games worth playing that I’ve played.

Alien Isolation is a true gem though, if you like the first Alien movie it all the game is really just a love letter to it and the atmosphere is fantastic. It’s a pretty scary game though as well possibly one of the scariest I’ve ever played.

Anonymous

>multiplayer game on your backlog

Anonymous

Sometimes I stop believing in the consoomer meme as some sort of wojack boogeyman, but then there this here sort of shit

Anonymous

I’m all finished. The only game I have left to play is NOLF2 and I’m currently playing it. I have the Far Cry games on my wishlist but I’m waiting for a sale (which will probably be never), and I’m not all that fussed to play them.

Anonymous

Backlogs are a reddit concept. You can’t dispute this.

Anonymous

I got a "backlog" for you *unzips*

Anonymous
        Anonymous

People who keep long ass backlogs are retards, but I usually have an idea of what game I’m going to play after I’ve finished the one I’m currently playing. Starting playthroughs of 20 games at once and then taking a year to finish them all before continuing is stupid.

Anonymous

>wasted enough time on fun
      This is the last thing the protagonist’s friend says before he reveals himself to be the villain of the story.

Anonymous

The concept of a backlog is an illusion. There’s more games in existence than there is time in our lives and every day the list gets larger. Enjoy what you can at your own pace, don’t fret after every cent if you decided to buy a game on a whim. There’s always tomorrow. And if there’s no tomorrow for you it’s not like a video game would save you.

Anonymous

>https://steamcommunity.com/app/304240/discussions/0/1621724915783677081/?l=hungarian

Thread with those replies is located here for all those who want to laugh at the stupid faggot.

Anonymous

Don’t know why my steam opened that link as hungerian but whatever

Anonymous

/?l=hungarian

look at the link dumbo

Anonymous

yeah I know that, I just copied the link as soon as I found the thread. I’m saying I don’t know why google linked a hungarian version of steam instead of the english one.

Doesn’t really matter but still weird

Anonymous

If you’re playing games "just to get through your backlog", why should you even fucking play them? Video Games are a form of entertainment and a form of enjoyment, not something you whisk away in 1 day.

I’ve played Kingdom Hearts for a few days now after just saying "i’m playing this to finish my backlog." Picked it up last tuesday, literally still playing the game to this minute. I’ve almost never played a more fun game in my life in the past few months, but it’s moreso because I fucking ruined the fun on some games because I rushed through and just wanted to get them done, games that are enjoyable crevices like Resident Evil and Metroid.

The concept of a backlog is nonexistent, and anyone who tries to push it is wrong. Never listen to someone. It’s okay to have a backlog to keep track of what games you’ve finished and what to play next, but it’s never used to rush through games.

Anonymous

>worrying about a "backlog" instead of playing whatever the fuck you feel like playing
      no wonder you retards are always posting about you not enjoying videogames anymore

Anonymous

Ive just abandoned my backlog and pretend it doesn’t exist so I have a clean slate. I only buy games I know I will play to completion and I don’t buy other shit until I beat the one I just bought, and I never do bundles. I just ate my losses and considered it lesson learned. Most of my backlog accrued when I was new to Steam and got my first PC like 12 years ago. They suckered me in with cheap prices and deals, and now I have tons of stupid indiepixelshit clogging up my library. Funny thing is, it’s the games I buy full price on release day that I play to completion and keep coming back to, so all that cheap indieshit i got on sale back in the day didn’t end up saving me any money at all.

Anonymous

Calling it a backlog is your first mistake. It isn’t a chore, manchild.

Anonymous

Anyone else start slowing down and barely playing a game once you get near the end? For me it’s not wanting the game to end so I keep delaying it. I do usually finish it but sometimes I don’t go back so I’ll have an excuse to replay it down the line. This only happens with games I really like.

Anonymous

>Games you like the most are the ones you’re less likely to finish
        Interesting conundrum you got there.

Anonymous

It’s because I don’t want the journey to end. It helps if I start thinking about the game I want to play next because it motivates me to finish the game I’m currently playing.

Anonymous

Can you give an example of game you didn’t finish, or delayed finishing because you liked it so much? How about replaying it on a harder difficulty or some self-imposed challenges or different playstyles if the game allows for that?

Anonymous

Right now I’m near the end of Tales of Arise and don’t want it to end so I’m delaying it. I heard the postgame is pretty substantial though.

Anonymous

The journey has to end sometime. You can always replay it if it really grabbed you, or go for 100% completion.

Anonymous

I’m the opposite. I’ll start a game slow and then by the midway point I’ll put massive hours into it until I’m done. There are a few games I take my time with though, like VN lite games and some RPGs.

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.