for me, it’s turtle wow

Home Forums A haunted junk yard for me, it’s turtle wow

• This topic has 80 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

for me, it’s turtle wow

Anonymous

have some shady feeling about this server

Anonymous

people think shenna and crogge are behind this.
        Which are known money pinching thieves and liars back when Elysium was a thing on the private server scene.

considering torta is trying hard to remain mysterious to who he is, and people keep accusing him of being either shenna or crogge, I wouldnt trust em for a second.

Anonymous

A mystery you say?

Anonymous

what are they going to do though? steal my credit card info or something? I just want a comfy vanilla server, all this discord drama is something I don’t really care about

Anonymous

No, but they totally would given the chance.
            If you can disregard them and just enjoy the server content, great, more power to you.
            But some people would like to be aware of any Sneaky rats that do shady shit.

Anonymous

usually it’s nothing like that, these guys just pocket the money for themselves and/or lie about the cost of servers. there was one huge TBC server years and years and years ago where this happened, the owner was a woman who spent money that was donated for like exercise equipment and shit.

Anonymous

talking about wowscape?

Anonymous

i think so, it’s been so long i don’t even remember the name of it. i was a poorfag so it was actually my first time ever playing WoW.

Anonymous

wowcape was run by a woman(allegedly) named payton iirc. It was the first private server I played on, complete shit by today’s standards but pretty big back then.
                  They had these overpowered donor items that would scale with your level or were shareable within your account, can’t remember exactly but legend goes that it was where blizzard got the idea for heirlooms so the server was plagued by drama and shit, one day I logon and everyone was named Paytonisaman cause the main dev had a falling out with the admin.
                  in the end blizz took them out as it wasnt so much donations but a full fledged shop

Anonymous

I started recently. I only have a Warrior in the early teens. I need to hit up RFC actually.

Anonymous

Somebody run RFC with me RIGHT NOW.

Anonymous

one of the rare cases where you can call shill and be right 100% of the time

Anonymous

I’ve been trying out the permadeath mode lately. It’s the most immersion I’ve felt in wow since I was a kid back in vanilla
      >feel like I’m going to shit myself whenever mobs start spawning behind me in a cave
      >leaving town to go questing feels dangerous, like I’m going on a real journey
      >spending time in town or in a city feels extra cozy because I know it’s a safe place where I can’t die

Anonymous

are you hardcore enough to stay in the default hardcore guild?
        >F
        >f
        >F
        >rip
        >F 🙁
        >F
        >to shreds, you say
        >rip 🙁
        >f
        >F

Anonymous

Holy autism

Anonymous

>try server
      >first starting zone quest: kill 8 boar
      >quest doesn’t count progress so unable to advance past quest to pick up other quest
      Fix your fucking shitty server having broken basic quests if you’re gonna have 0.5-1x rates.

Anonymous

So when are we playing together? And who is going to donate some gold so I don’t have a terrible time leveling?

Anonymous

>playing WoW in the year of our lord 2004+17

Anonymous

For me, its NOT Chromiecraft. Seriously, don’t bother.

Anonymous

Does anyone actually RP in these servers?

Anonymous

uwu

Anonymous

There’s one guy on CC who only talks in baby/furry talk, always. I guess that rp in some way.

Anonymous

Gross, no thanks. I just wanna meet some brave adventurer and travel together while exploring the world then let him fuck my slutty nelf in the middle of some monster infested cave

Anonymous

fuck, i twitched

Anonymous

Turtle has a lot of RP-prioritized rules, actually

Anonymous

How’s the ERP scene?

Anonymous

the server population peaks at 250 players

Anonymous

Then where do I go if I wanna be a slut and not give money to Blizzard?

Anonymous

ff14

Anonymous

I really don’t like the races plus everyone just looks like a slut by default so what’s the point?
                Guess I’ll just have to wait for another popular server to come around

Anonymous

I remember reading one of the devs is corrupt as fuck and managed to ruin several other pservers.

Anonymous

population is sub 500 players at peak, devs are shady as fuck and the population is full of geniune trannies, avoid at all costs

Anonymous

what’s a better classic private server that isn’t full of meta fags?

Anonymous

does not exist. you’d have to remove pvp and raids to keep them away.

Anonymous

where are meta fags such a plague? they ruin every fucking game.

Anonymous

modern internet makes each video game information complete within days or even hours of release, thus you have the full toolkit for competitive domination at your fingertips the moment a game goes live
              you’re left the choice between taking up a second job mastering the meta or being an eternal shitter

Anonymous

Why are people so stupid that they don’t understand that the amount of fun you get from the game lowers as you learn more about it though? I realized this years ago and ever since I avoid information because I know it will ruin my gameplay experience.

It kills that sense of wonder, the sense of exploration, everything that makes a game feel magical is completely destroyed by metashit. As soon as I realized it, I cut all meta out of my life. I just don’t understand how everyone else can be so fucking dense that they don’t realize this and they keep chasing this delusional idea that you will somehow enjoy the game more if you memorize every bit of it and completely kill all the mystery and exploration that it has to offer.

Anonymous

these aren’t people who are after fun, they’re bots programmed to chase dopamine, and in MMOs it’s derived through achieving the biggest numbers in the fastest time
                  exploration amounts to "where’s the thing that’ll make me better than everyone"
                  mystery amounts to "I’m frustrated I can’t find the thing that’ll make me better than everyone"
                  solving the game cuts out the middle man and saves everyone time in their pursuits, pursuits that are somehow even more hollow than MMOs were 15-20 years ago
                  tl;dr as always it comes back to soullessness

Anonymous

Absolutely disgusting, these people are the worst thing I’ve ever seen in all of the years that I’ve played games. I don’t think there’s anything I hate more than them

Is avoiding pvp pretty much the only way to avoid these people? I don’t even rp, but I only play on rp servers because there’s less of these soulless fucking freaks

Anonymous

avoid endgame generally unless you find a guild/playgroup that jives with you
                      for me it’s hardcore leveling in vanilla, brings stakes back to the game and includes an instant tightknit community invested in one another’s success especially on Turtle WoW where you can only trade with other hardcore players

Anonymous

based, that’s what I’m doing too. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like hardcore mode, but I don’t think I can ever go back to normal leveling. Feeling this level of immersion throughout every quest you do is amazing. I’ve never felt real fear in WoW until now and I’m actually starting to feel afraid of certain zones just based on how dangerous they are. It feels like you’re really in the world

Anonymous

I disagree.

Anonymous

Play Guild Wars and fuck off

Anonymous

A huge red flag for me (even more than the obvious corruption and shady advertisement) is that all the positive testimonials I’ve read give off huge carebear energy, and not just in the PvE vs. PvP context. Like yeah sometimes the world chat edgelords trying to reach the top of the N word leaderboards get old, but that chaos and friction is part of the soul of online games. You need the villains and shitposters and bad actors for an MMO to be engaging to navigate. Maybe it’s not a gay ""wholesome"" monoculture like it seems from the outside and maybe the GMs are actually chill unless you’re super annoying and spammy but meh
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4jv6li0N7k

Anonymous

For me, it’s the Brookstech WOTLK single player mod which die juden aus Blizzard got Cease & Desist’d.

Anonymous

how is it? i downloaded the TrinityCore one that got posted here awhile back but haven’t tried it out yet. i wasn’t aware there were multiple attempts at single player WoW.

Anonymous

Comfy.

I’ve only played some Vanilla areas randomly and so far everything’s functioned well. Modified the server to give 4 talent points per every level, made an interesting frost/arcane mage hybrid.

I also made some level 80 characters with BIS gear to faceroll heroics. Most of the dungeons seemed to work almost as good as back then.

The files and commands let you make the game as easy or as challeing you want it to be.

Anonymous

>Modified the server to give 4 talent points per every level, made an interesting frost/arcane mage hybrid.
            ooh, i’ll have to do something like that. i was planning on basically building my own 5-man to start with, leveling a tank, healer, dps, etc. and then making bot companions that match their equipment at the time. and doing a little writing on the side chronicling the character’s adventures and interactions with each other. it’s gonna be fun.

Anonymous

>still playing WoW
      its time to move on, bud.

Anonymous

>still shitposting in WoW threads
        It’s time to move on, bud.

Anonymous

takes me 10 seconds to make a shitpost, how many do you spend playing the same skinnerbox over and over again?

Anonymous

Stay away from chromiecraft no matter how much retards on reddit shill for it.
      It’s full of spanish retards and literally multiboxing new york garden gnomes that think Ben Shapiro is an actual fascist.

Anonymous

any biological women play on turtle wow? I want the possibility of getting a gf along with my mmo.

Anonymous

For me, it’s WoW Ascension.

Anonymous

how infested is it with meta autism?

Anonymous

It can be pretty bad, but it’s only really a big deal in Ascended Raids. I just level up Ironman characters and have fun with silly builds.

Anonymous

i’ll have to give it a shot. i really just wanted to do fun lore type builds rather than anything overtly OP. like ice/affliction Lich, or a hunter with some nature magic appropriate druid spells, stuff like that.

Anonymous

The "Mystic Enchant" system is really what sells the game these days more than the classless stuff. Like those two exact examples you picked are perfectly recreated with a legendary mystic enchant.

One called Fingers of Death makes it whenever you fire a Fingers of Frost Ice Lance, you also do a Shadow Lance that buffs the damage of your shadow priest dots by a ton.

The other, Locust Ranger, replaces Steady Shot with Locust Shot that scales with your spell power and your ranged autos have a chance to make wrath free and shit.

Anonymous

downloading now and checking out the tutorials, thanks anon. i got the WoW itch again hence my initial interest in the single player packs people made, because blizz is cancer now and most pservers suck so this should help me scratch the itch while making the game feel a little more fresh.

Anonymous

There are 2 seperate servers, one is always up and lets you pick whatever abilities you want, the other server is a Seasonal type one where you have to draft abilities every few levels from 1 of 3 choices and it can kind of force you into certain builds. There are ways to reroll and such but if you just wanna mess around with the build ideas cooking in your head it’s best to just stick to the non seasonal realm.

Anonymous

I’m currently leveling a Night Elf hunter after only playing retail casually for a year or so during TBC and then Catacylsm
      It’s the most fun I’ve had in a while and people seem friendly enough even though it’s hard to find other players around the world, I wish the server was more populated

Anonymous

Same but in the Barrens right now and it’s, well, barren.

Anonymous

Hunter is such a nice class in vanilla, the sky is really the limit.

Anonymous

do any chads actually play on this server?

Anonymous

>do any chads play wow
        Think about what you’re asking

Anonymous

I do 🙂

Anonymous

he said chAds not chUds.

Anonymous

i cant play wow all day anymore

Anonymous

are you a wagecuck?

Anonymous

nah im a landlord chad
          if anything i have the most free time currently in my life
          i just can’t do it man
          i feel like i just waste the whole day grinding for stupid shit
          getting netherray mounts or rivendare’s deathcharger never tangibly improved my life

Anonymous

how did you become a landlord?

Anonymous

Get given a house by daddy.

Anonymous

no way you can live off of 1 house

Anonymous

That’s how it begins. Baby steps.

Anonymous

Are there any non-shit wow private servers? All of them sound like they’re shady in some way.

Anonymous

I’ve played WoW so many ways that I’m never going to play it again until we get classic+.

Anonymous

It’s good but god damn it’s a pain to find people for dungeons and to do elite quests with even with their groupfinder (which is a buggy mess)

Also bugfixes don’t seem to happen very frequently. The deeprun tram has been bugged for weeks and there are still quests that can’t be completed.

Anonymous

spellpower on low lvl gear is chad

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.