For those of you who complain about politics in games, how do you defend this?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard For those of you who complain about politics in games, how do you defend this?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

For those of you who complain about politics in games, how do you defend this?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

But how is identity politics not politics?

Anonymous

Zombies and Redneck Zombie Torture Family
          Same but diff.

Anonymous

Nice Cabin in the Woods reference.

Anonymous

the left is just a theme, a real story element. not politics.

Anonymous

>WAR IS…LE BAD

Anonymous

>bravely default
      ?

Anonymous

Defend this *unzips*

Anonymous

I don’t have a problem with politics in games. I have a problem with unnecessary political platitudes and allusions that won’t age well. Of the games on the right that I’ve played (Gone Home, Celeste, Life Is Strange), I wouldn’t even consider them political in the sense that they might align themselves with a political party or group or locate themselves in the context of a particular political system. The lame Trump joke in Danganronpa V3 is the kind of politics in games that I object to; featuring a lesbian character is not political in itself.

Anonymous

What about apex legends where the white male characters power is that he is toxic and there are 7 colored women lesbians but just 1 white guy who shows his face and 1 other white male tranny nongender
        It’s not political but it’s pozzed, at least it lets me know not to spend money on the game

Anonymous

This is a retarded take. Has literally anyone actually looked at apex lore. The reason you shouldn’t be playing it is because no TF|3

Anonymous

The fuck you mean. Loba, Valk and Bang are all in a love triangle, not to mention Gibby is gay. Its all pozzed.

Anonymous

Take your meds

Anonymous

games that are inherently political and have something poignant and/or insightful to say are not """political"""
      Games that have no business even thinking about politics adding menial, platitude-infested hamfisted non-stances like "haha this character is gay lets all move forward" when not even sexuality itself is mentioned, needed or relevant to the game itself is absolutely """political""". it just shows which people are "in the circle" and therefore signals absurd levels of nepotism and is generally a major red-flag for consumers who just want a fun game. It doesnt help that the vast majority of """political""" games are shit and visibly made by incompetent people.

Anonymous

So if gays exist then? Fair enough, but if they don’t push that shit like an alarm, I don’t care.

Anonymous

>games with politics i like/tolerate vs. games with politics that i don’t
      also, why is cyberpunk on both?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

What’s actually wrong with games appealing to their main demographic in the west which is straight white men?

Anonymous

Companies want to branch out and get more customers. What’s wrong with playing as a character who doesn’t look like you? I doubt most people here are fat Italian plumbers.

Anonymous

Gonna be honest they ruined battlefield because there are women screaming on the ground and it sounds like a rape scene in the middle of a war. When I used to get immersed in the games the women screaming was really unpleasant and I feel it made the game much more gruesome and trashed the immersion of the game where you could think
            >this could be what it was really like in Iwo Jima for the soldiers who fought there.

Anonymous

Depends on the context of the game retard. Why would I want to play as a woman with a fake arm in a world war 1 game?

Anonymous

>phd
        everyone i know with a phd is a fucking unemployed loser.

Anonymous

deathloop pretty much proved this tweet right
        you’d pretty much have to try to find stuff to make that game political, plus it was a new IP and not some tacked on bullshit like dishonored death of the outsider yet people still had a meltdown because the main character was black
        just goes to show a game like san andreas couldn’t be made today without election tourists having a meltdown

Anonymous
      Anonymous

politics in games
      >a well written and nuanced critique of a theoretical free market libertarian society turned failed state
      woke politics in games
      >WHITE PEOPLE BAD, diverse folk AND TRANNIES GOOD!

Anonymous

>cyberpunk
      >wolfenstein
      >farcry5
      >not political
      bad bait

Anonymous

one side is fun the other side is not fun
      anyway fuck you and your bait thread

Anonymous

Give cute wife pls

Anonymous

Big please

Anonymous

Gib cutie

Anonymous

hmmmmmmm

Anonymous

People just call it twitter pandering or something similar these days, nobody calls it political unless they’re strawmanning hard about games that have actual politics as a theme

Rōll

Anonymous

e

Anonymous

Alright

Anonymous

Röllätää tää

Anonymous

Choo choo

Anonymous

Gimme something good

Anonymous

gimme

Anonymous

LETS GO

Anonymous

One #56, please

Anonymous

>no hex
        Still rollan

Anonymous

>bugsy
        hey wait a minute

Anonymous

There are games that tackle political concepts in a tactful and objective manner and then there’s your average modern western game that tokenizes minorities to "empower" them while blatantly treating politics like a simple, black and white good versus evil thing.

Anonymous

The keyword here is "preachy"

For example Disco Elysium is very political but its not preachy, same with wolfenstein TNO and old blood, with new colossus being slightly preachy (not that much)

Anonymous

it has its based moment

Anonymous

I’m getting more of a seared bite on the Impossible Whopper, than I’m getting on the actual Who- no no no no no no no no…. No please don’t say that no no no… No. Nonononono. No no nono no no. NONO NO NONO NO NOOOOO. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m not gonna trip. I wanted to come in a 100% hater.

I’mma tell you off the top. I wanted to take a bite of this and be like ‘ehhh nah nah it it’- I’mma just flat out say it; your Impossible Whopper BK, IS BETTER THAN YOUR ACTUAL WHOPPER BK. YOUR IMPOSSIBLE WHOPPER BK IS BETTER THAN YOUR ACTUAL WHOPPER BK. IT HAS A MORE SEARED TASTE.

IT’S MORE OF A COOKOUT FLEX. IT JUST TASTES BETTER. Get over here. You get back in the bag. BK. That bite is so flavorful my m- and the fact that it works so well, it literally compliments the lettuce. Like I’m not even mad that I’m bittin’ up, and I’m not even mad, that I’m eating lettuce right now and tomatoes.

You can really taste the onion because the sear, on this plant based situation right here, it’s so strong and you barely get onion but the onion’s there so you get a crunch off it, with soft bun action and SBA? BK, YOU’RE ONTO SOMETHING, AND I LIKE WHERE YOU, YOU GOIN’ BK, THE IMPOSSIBLE WHOPPER SON!

Anonymous
      Anonymous

It’s not that it is not political. It’s because identify politics aren’t allowed to be criticized. Every single game in there at least stated some kind of a counter argument for their political stance or could at least be argued. Try counter arguing for someone choosing to be gay or a tranny, or black, you’d get eaten up by journos and the twitter mobs for being bigoted and not "current year" enough.

Anonymous

Left is political but it also lets the opposing side speak. Take Bioshock as an example. Bioshock 2 basically does a 180 on the objectivist bad narrative with it’s collectivist bad one.

Anonymous

The political games have all been shit only one there I enjoyed is bravely default
      The politics tend to ruin the games, I feel like they make the games shit on purpose to demoralize people. There are no good games around anymore.

Anonymous

Leviticus 20 13
      Corinthians 6 9

Anonymous

political games and propaganda are two different things

Anonymous

Who the fuck says any of the games on the left aren’t political? Literally everyone I talk to mentions how Bioshock is literally a critique of Ayn Rand’s points, and don’t get me started with deus ex. Literally everyone agrees that all of those games are political.

Anonymous

>diablo immortal
      is that game even out

Anonymous

left are overtly political right are subversively political
      There’s a big difference between writing a political story and writing a normal story then using it as a vehicle for your personal agenda which is generally what people mean when they call something "political"
      Actually most stories that focus on politics are generally just called "sociological stories" and focus on a larger scope as opposed to psychological stories i.e. focused on individual character’s psychology which is what subversively political stories tend to be
      It’s not any kind of rule you can’t do this but generally in the hands of an average or worse writer this often causes a disconnect between the content of the story and its message and leads to what many people might call "cringe" writing

Anonymous

I’m not against politics, I’m against commie/neolib/faggot propaganda.

Anonymous

The difference on how politics used between the two. One uses politics for enhancing the narrative, and the other uses politics for virtue signaling.
      Pic related explains the difference very well by using MGS1 and Battlefield V as an example.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.