FOUR LEFT

Home Forums A haunted junk yard FOUR LEFT

• This topic has 124 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

FOUR LEFT
      DON’T CUT

Anonymous

yep, FUCK Monte Carlo, so many total damage results

Anonymous

I had already driven few stages on Sweden and then tried out Monte Carlo… fuck man. Driving on snow is fine, but I have 0 grip on the ice. I’m literally driving sideways from corner to corner, just feathering the gas.

Anonymous

*cuts*

Anonymous
      Anonymous

SAMIR PLEASE

Anonymous

YOU ARE WRECKING THE CAR

Anonymous

shut up

Anonymous

why is this game literally over 100 gb

Locus

because optimization is for faggots, retard. just get more hdd space fuckin idiot

Anonymous

i do have the space for it but it taking up more space than fh4 is kind of retarded

Anonymous

oh I know, I’m just being flippant. I hate how huge games are now.

Anonymous

Probably uncompressed audio. It adds up pretty quickly.

Anonymous

if they make the game big and annoying to download then you’re less likely to uninstall it and play something else

Anonymous

If they make the game big and annoying to download I’ll just refund it.

Anonymous

most people won’t though, thats why the new modern warfare is 175gb for example. they want you to feel invested and committed to playing the game

Anonymous

or just less likely to ever buy it

Anonymous

highly detailed renders of every part of every car

Anonymous

it’s near impossible to play this game good on a keyboard

Anonymous

>zoomers be feeling nostalgic about dirt rally
      >not colin mcrae rally 3
      cringe

Anonymous

who mentioned nostalgia?
        also rbr is better

Anonymous

A great game to play with some refreshing Red Bull™!
          But for real it’s an amazing game and nothing has beaten it after all these years. Same thing as with Grand Prix 4 vs the new Codemasters F1 games.

Anonymous

unironically the biggest reason I don’t care about the new formula games is that the v6 hybrids sound like vacuum cleaners

Anonymous

I wish that I could turn back time.

Anonymous

Jesus Christ, take your meds, my man.

Anonymous

I SAID DON’T CUT

Anonymous

NO, YOU DID NOT!

Anonymous

What Skyrim mod?

Anonymous

>original dirt
      >had hill climb
      >had rally cross
      >had a bunch of different modes

Did any of the other games ever add this shit back in? I fucking love the hill climbs.

Anonymous

Aren’t all the Dirt games apart from the two Dirt Rallys filled with that stuff? I remember hating the melanoidlicious gymkhana shit that they tried to shove into the series for three games straight.

Anonymous

i think dirt 2.0 had everything but the hill climb stage

Anonymous

>[incomprehensible finnish accent]

Anonymous

>Dont cut
      Bitch, I’ll cut just because you said that I shouldn’t.

Also,
      >Jump into a six right
      >Aight I’ll just go through the middle, with a little bit lean to the right
      >Fly straight into fucking piles of logs next to a finnish house
      ???

Anonymous

dirt rally was alright until they made 2 always online cancer

Anonymous

I wish you could make your own pacenotes. I must be driving like a retard, cause some 3 or 4 corners feel like 5-6, then some 5 corners are completely dogshit if you approach it a bit wrong.

Anonymous

I have never finished a group B stage

Anonymous

I started my career with the Group B 4wd cars. Now everything else feels like shit. I’m driving an event on R5, and sure, it is stable like hell on the corners and on the road, but nothing beats the launch and raw power of the Group B. They sound so good.

Group B rwd on the otherhand, if its raining/ice/snow, I wont be getting anywhere.

Anonymous

Get a wheel and VR.

Anonymous

Yesterday’s World Rally Championship round, this is Rally Spain the second to last of the season

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/live/fia-world-rally-championship-2021-spain-saturday-highlights

Italy is November

Anonymous

>tfw two decades of frog menace is ending soon

Anonymous

well citreon aint gonna do jack. Its all on Toyota

Anonymous

I miss him, bros

Anonymous

Anyone else doing daily missions on Dirt Rally 2.0? I usually hang around the bottom of the highest tier or near the top of the 2nd highest tier, but even that varies a lot. In Group B/rwd categories I seem to do better, but I always lose time in the 4WD categories. I dont have most of the engine upgrades and a lot of the cars feel sluggish without at least level 2 upgrade.

Anonymous

LISTEN TO MY CALLS

Anonymous

SAMIR PLEASE

Anonymous

for me it’s WRC 4 on the PS2 which i just downloaded to play illegally

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

I have a soft spot for WRC II

Anonymous

>half the power of Group B
      >much much faster
      How did they do it?

Anonymous

Technology

Anonymous

Technology, group B cars compared to these are crude deathtraps.

Anonymous

Aerodynamics, you forget peak Group B were boxes with as many spoilers and turbochargers, or superchargers or both slapped on them. God those were amazing times.

Anonymous

Aero and tyres are the biggest gains.

Anonymous

Modern transmissions, suspension and aerodynamics. Put a Group B power-plant on today’s shitboxes and you’ll see some shit

Anonymous

>tfw the lads at Lancia when they realized they could put in both a turbocharger AND a supercharger into the back of the Lancia Delta S4
          That thing could put out a monstrous 900hp if tuned correctly by the engineers. They tested that thing on Estoril, and it would have qualified in sixth position on the grid if Group B cars were allowed to participate in Formula One races as well. It was peak engineering insanity.

Anonymous

>4 years ago Lancia Delta Integrale Evolutiones were attainable
            >now they are all $100,000+
            >except for the Lancia Delta S4 which is now over $1,000,000

I blame videogames for this

Anonymous

>I blame videogames for this
              it’s not videogames, the entire car market is completely fucked
              picrel is from an used car magazine sometime between 2002-2004, non evo deltas are now starting at 30k

Anonymous

>a mere 5681 Euros
                >looked a Delta up three years ago while looking for buying my first car, 50000 Euros for one

Anonymous

I have a few more
                  >tfw the main reason I can’t afford fun car was that I was born too late

Anonymous

It can be worse, one of my friends sold off his Celica GT-FOUR for basically pennies because the fuel system broke, and he was broke as well and really needed the money. And then he went on to wreck the replacement car a few months later.

Anonymous

I have a similar story
                      I was talking with some mates and they told me that someone sold an S13 200SX for like 2k last year, car was in decent condition and it ran fine, I live in pastaland where S13s start at 15k for some reason. If I had known I would’ve ran money in hand.

>tfw no co-driver simulator game

Codrivers are truly the unsung heroes of rally, being able to consistently deliver info to your driver while having your head buried in your notes, or pulling shit like that, and still they don’t get a lot of the recognition they deserve.

Anonymous

Someone please decode the rally lingo.

Anonymous

Number equals how a corner curves
        1 is very sharp, 6 is almost straight road
        Don’t cut is don’t cut a corner because there’s shit in the way
        Acute corner is a 90° corner or something similar
        Hairpin is one of those 180° corners
        Jump is, jump
        Watersplash is a water obstacle you need to cross
        Deceptive means it’s a dirty corner and you need to be careful or you’ll go off the course
        Might be missing something

Anonymous

Crest comes to mind.
          Also my fav rally game is Richard Burns Rally

Anonymous

>Might be missing something
          they say this after you crash the first time

Anonymous

>hear a horrific scraping sound coming from the rear
            >hop a curb
            >sound goes away
            >"right rear tire is lost"

Anonymous

Losing tires is the absolutely worst mechanic in this game. Like ok I get it, when you lose a tire it’s gonna take you some time to repair but losing a fucking minute in a game is just game over. For the gameplay’s sake it should be maybe 10 seconds. And terminal damage should not disqualify you from the ENTIRE EVENT.

Anonymous

I don’t completely hate 45-90 seconds lost on a wheel/tire because I enjoy the game enough that coming in 10th or lower doesn’t eat me up too much but I agree about terminal damage nixing you entirely; I get the game is trying to give you consequence for racing too hard/recklessly but it’s a little much

Anonymous

If you think Dirt Rally 1/2 is punishing, RBRHU will just kick you in the ribs over and over. Dirt Rally is really forgiving with Terminal Damage compared to RBRHU. It’s pretty normal in RBRHU to see only 30% or less of the field making it to the end of the rally in RBRHU, mostly due how easy it is to instantly wreck the engine in RBRHU compared to the Dirt Rally games.

Anonymous

It is a little weird that you can kick the clutch and bounce off the red line pretty much non-stop with little to no consequence in DR for how plucky it can be about other things

Anonymous

It just feels like the wrong kind of punishing for me. Like doing a weekly or monthly event and then in some stages you clip too far outside the edge and "TERMINAL DAMAGE" pops up like okay it’s ALL over now. Or even just losing a tire is like well I guess I lost like a minute or more now. And yea I guess I could have driven more carefully but the whole game is about pushing the car to the limit so it just feels like I am being punished way too hard for doing what the game excels best at. Sure, punish me, but not in a way that kills all my motivation for the rest of the event.

Anonymous

Monte Carlo is very punishing yes, but talking from experience, you can cheese it a bit by recovering the vehicle in the menu just before going completely over the edge. Unlike RBRHU where you need to be at a total standstill for it, you can choose the option at speed in Dirt Rally , and cop a 10-20 second time penalty instead of getting an instant DNF. Might help if you need to survive a monthly for the first time.

Anonymous

A numeral of 100 refers to a strait away in meters
          >3 left long into 500 stay middle caution
          Would basically mean, power out of the corner, go WOT for ~500 meters, and be incredibly mindful of any roadside hazards.

Anonymous

there’s some rare things like ‘bad camber’ on particularly dangerous turns that have bad camber
          Also what do you guys play games with? My PS4 controller left analog shit itself and this controller was like 3-4 months old, fucking upsetting since my first and previous ps4 controller was from the first batch of controllers which I know were somewhat different and lasted years till the X button started getting stuck. So now I’m looking at xbox controllers as well to see if they’re better built

Anonymous

Crest means obstacle blocking your view. Into means that almost instantly after. So "Stay right on Crest into 6 left" is just that.

Caution can mean a lot of things. Tight road, obstacles on the side of the road, danger of falling off a cliff etc.

Anonymous

Nice thanks!

Anonymous

DON’T
        CUT

Anonymous

>monthly tour coming up
      >scrape up just enough credits to unlock one of the cars
      >finally ready to race, stage is monaco
      >slide right off the 3rd corner into a DNF

Anonymous

Grind enough money to repair your car and keep going. Monthly is about endurance, nobody drives through that shit without some mistakes. DNF is pretty rough, but still

Anonymous

I’M GONNA CUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Anonymous

LEFT 6 DON’T CUT AFTER CREST AFTER JUMP 50 BE BRAVE

Anonymous

Why the fuck did everyone during the 80’s have such a deathwish when it came to rally racing? And I don’t mean the drivers either, people were watching from the fucking middle of the road only to get out at the last second

Anonymous

Adrenaline
        obligatory GROUP B master race

Anonymous

Don’t you ever get that feeling that everything just feels dull? Don’t you wish that you could feel alive once more – even if that meant taking immeasurable risks?

Anonymous

They still do

Anonymous

to be fair the inside of the turn group are the safest

Anonymous

They still do

pointed out it wasn’t just an 80’s thing. The only difference is that early motorsports safety was near zero so people could be all over the road in the way to get close ect. If today people could stand right on the side of the road with no barriers and watch their favorite cars zip by at well over 100mph they would also.

Anonymous

I bought the ps4 version of Dirt 4 and the game was forced Portuguese and the dubbing was completely off, with the co-pilot being 2 to 3 turns ahead of where I was. I contacted Codemaster’s support and they replied that although the were aware of it they weren’t going to fix it. I refunded it and now I make sure to pirate and then seed every new Dirt game 24/7. Fuck Codemasters.

Anonymous

HEY SARGE, YOU’RE PASSING ON THE RIGHT!

Anonymous

MEDIUM LEFT
      SHARP RIGHT

Anonymous

Why is it so aesthetic?

That and night endurance racing

Anonymous

>Double caution left three half long into immediate right one long over crest jump maybe don’t cut rocks outside
      Half the time I can’t keep track of what he’s saying.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I played through the entirety of Dirt Rally using only the Alpine A110. Should I not have been doing that?

Anonymous

It gives you a really good lesson in how RWD cars handle, but only using it does damper the experience, since it utterly shits over the Mini Cooper S and the Lancia Fulvia in the same class. Using it in the 60s Class is basically picking up free wins, and latter games would put it in the 70s Class instead given how insanely good that car was for its age.

Anonymous

>"When you are out rallying on ice or snow in country like that it is like dancing. From one side to the other side. My dancing background helped my rallying. As soon as I started on gravel I liked it because of that. It was so nice to feel and move the car like that. "

– Michèle Mouton

TFW no Mouton gf

Anonymous

>quit the WRC when Group B ended citing that non Group B cars lacked the raw passion excitement of the Group B cars, so why bother driving any non Group B car
        There will never be another female racing driver as based as Michele Mouton.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

the helicopter pilot is an absolute madman

Anonymous

>Into middle over crest jump maybe into middle over crest and crest 60 crest

Anonymous

Finland, more like FUNLAND

Anonymous

>FOUR LEFT!
      >DON’T!
      >CUNT!
      I’m not very good at this game.

Anonymous
        Anonymous
          Anonymous

Nice.
          >captcha:WRCYV

Anonymous

I really hope SEGA will put out hd versions of their model 2 games, like they did for daytona and vf2 on ps360. We’ve had enough megadrive compilations.

Anonymous

The most aesthetic sport to have ever existed.

Anonymous

I hope the next years swedoid rally will finally have some fucking snow

Anonymous

How’s WRC 10?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Jesus that would be annoying as fuck as a driver. I wanna watch some retard spectators getting steamrolled now.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AntTKfRO5po
          Even the madman Colin Mcrae himself thought that the crowds in Portugal were totally insane, and not the good kind of insane. How there hasn’t been more dramas like in 1986 is beyond me, outside of admitting WRC drivers are really fucking underrated in how skilful they really are.

Anonymous

Why is rallying so dominated by Finns? Is it just the fact they have miles of curvy dirt roads that wind through forest? or the fact they’re all so drunk their sense of self preservation has been almost numbed

Anonymous

Top Gear actually did a segment regarding Finns and their driving
        >if you want to win, employ a finn

Anonymous

it hasn’t been since the turn of the millenia
        galle 69 might bring it back home though

Anonymous

Autism. Intense focus and lack of fear. Most of my finnish relatives have some sort of OCD and really don’t function well when faced with changes in environment or schedule. They’re really good and thorough at what they do though.

Anonymous

>enter monthly
      >thousands also enter
      >eventually finish the monthly
      >only ~10 other people finished
      >come in 7th out of like 12
      >"here’s 5,000 credits since you finished in basically dead last lmao oh the thousands of other people you beat? guess you should have TD’d on the first stage if you wanted to be graded along that bell rofl"
      Damn near uninstalled the game because of that

Anonymous

Ruins rally for a decade

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>tfw no co-driver simulator game

Anonymous

>Buy the WRC Collection on PS4 with 5, 6 and 7 included
      >5 is decent but runs like ass
      >6 completely changes the turning model
      >7 is both

Anonymous

What do you think about SEGA Rally Revo? I remember quite enjoying it on PSP with outrun coast 2 coast, I might download it on my ps3 to check it out again.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Autumn rally finland was kino.

Anonymous

will the 2022 hybrid rules attract new manufacturers?

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.