FUCK VALVE

Home Forums A haunted junk yard FUCK VALVE

• This topic has 161 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

FUCK VALVE

Anonymous

Agreed. Compfags made them patch the fun out of the game.

Anonymous

It wasnt comp it was definitely the opposite, low skilled players who could counter spy with simple communication, even if spy had all his nerfs removed he still wouldnt be viable in competitive

Anonymous

>BASE jumper nerf
        >Amby nerf
        >GRU nerf
        >Even the fucking bison was further neutered because some dumbass compfag ran his mouth
        I HATE COMP I HATE COMP I HATE COMP

Anonymous

I can understand why they nerfed the base jumper, it was fun having air mobility to put the soda popper to shame but the airstrafing ability of the base jumper was TOO much.

Anonymous

in a regular pub game, it really wasn’t

Anonymous

I mean sure, jose.gonzales.2006 wasn’t going to re-enact the matrix on you, and you weren’t any more protected from hitscan than you are now, but with the pre-nerf base jumper and a good amount of skill, multiple direct hit-wielding aimbots would be HOPELESS against you. I’m glad Valve sorta split the base jumper’s stats up, giving the mantreads that same kind of air control without letting you just spend the entire game in the skies.

And exactly how many soldier players were even able to abuse the BASE Jumper to its fullest potential?

Probably a fair amount. Considering you have the air control to see rockets coming and just move out of the way just like you were on the ground it probably wouldn’t be that hard to turn into the super scout once you realised how much potential the base jumper had.

Anonymous

And exactly how many soldier players were even able to abuse the BASE Jumper to its fullest potential?

Anonymous

Anyone that realized that mashing space bar made you invincible to projectiles so everyone with a brain

Anonymous

fuck this item

Anonymous

>For years, comp fags scream about how you should always use the default weapons because they’re the best
      >Valve proceeds to nerf every single unlockable so they’re not even worth using as sidegrades and are all almost useless
      Fun game. At this point I pray every day the backpack servers will die so all the hats will go away since everyone’s just using stock weapons anyway.

Anonymous

Fuck YOU. It’s STILL annoying. Do up a bag and drop dead motherfucker.

Anonymous

I still use it for MvM when I decide to play spy (replacing demo in usual meta)

Anonymous

How the fuck is the mvm meta changing in 2021?

Anonymous

I like to use the Natascha because it’s causes direct damage to people’s souls to be slowed.

Anonymous

This, it’s also fun in team combat as it lines them right up for rockets

Anonymous

The natascha completely shits on scunts, I almost feel bad using it sometimes because they’re just utterly fucked with no escape.

Anonymous

cant you just track better and murder scouts instead?

Anonymous

Shhhhhh!

Anonymous

tracking is hard.

Anonymous

>cant you just track better and murder scouts instead?
          it rattles them with the natascha, which is worth the extra .2 seconds it tales to kill

Anonymous

natascha is the sleeper best heavy weapon because it makes scouts, spies, and pyro’s cry
        if only he had a secondary that made snipers not bully him out of the game to go with it

Anonymous

fists of steel

Anonymous

it’s cool, heavy is very boring

Anonymous

but how do you stop a sniper

Anonymous

>Press Y
          >type "red, your sniper is a bot"
          >watch him disappear

Anonymous

>Get in 2Fort
        >It’s another enemy team has a bunch of Eyelander Demoknights with 20 heads running around the map in groups killing everyone
        >Switch to Natascha Heavy
        Problem solved

Anonymous

I love to remind demokdiverse folk their subclass is a fucking joke

Anonymous

I love how pipes are easy to land on stationary targets

Anonymous

Good for you

Anonymous

Seethe fat boi

Anonymous

>airblasting a charging demoknight and watching him autistically flail his weapon in hopes of out damaging you with his 60 damage stick as you burn him to crisp
            >setting up a mini sentry right around the corner to kill a cheeky demoknight who thought you were a free head
            >simply outmanuvering his bullshit since he can’t properly cover height abuse and his charges are super obvious
            >suiciding right before he kills you so he can’t get any heads
            Cockblocking demoknights is almost as fuck as cockblocking trolldiers, almost.

Anonymous

For me it’s switching from the booties and shield to grenade and sticky launcher when I get 4 heads
          Just try and stop me pork pie

Anonymous

>pyro with tranny cosmetics
        >insantly switch to heavy with ‘tasha
        >he cant go anywhere and gets kited all day by the local homosexu… I mean the local soldier main
        Heh

Anonymous

Based sinner purger.

Anonymous

do you see a sign on this thread that says dead ringer storage?

Anonymous

>Soldier can shoot at his feet and get kills but spies are not allowed to bamboozle peopl.

Anonymous

Yes. Spy players get the rope

Anonymous

Why tho?
          3rd hardest class to play and nothing wrong with it

Anonymous

Because walking forward and pressing M1 should not be rewarded, much less a OHKO. Play a class that actually takes skill, like Sniper, or Demoman.

Anonymous

>complains about spy backstab
              >the only thing that makes the spy good

Anonymous

Which is exactly why Spy should be removed from the game. Sniper does his job better.

Anonymous

This. Remove Spy, remove Heavy, remove Pyro, remove Engineer. Competitive 6v6 is the only true format worthy of being played.

Anonymous

Kek

Anonymous

Can’t cope
      I’ve forgotten what it was like

Anonymous

something like 450 crits with charges. Could kill a heavy and his medic GF with ease.

Anonymous

i’d just sit on trade servers with huge open maps like the pokemon towns and sticky jumper + caber snipers for hours. good times, especially when you could place more than 2 SJ stickies.

Anonymous

The definitive answer to the sniper problem is what it was.

Anonymous

IT"S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Anonymous

>shoves you 5 inches forwards

Anonymous

Remove the useless shove and replace the M2 with the ability to toss out small medkits, now you got yourself a mid range/support hybrid weapon

Anonymous

>giving scout support shit
          Fuck of, no, there’s a reason why milk is banned in comp

Anonymous

Comp is gay and should just mod the game instead of bitching.

Anonymous

Fuck comp. compfags dont even use the shortstop and it isnt banned now so making them ban it now wouldnt cause any difference

Anonymous

>comp
            When will people understand that comp is not a viable way to judge a weapon’s effectiveness?

Anonymous

>replace the M2 with the ability to toss out small medkits
          what the fugg, do you have any idea how busted that is on scout?

Anonymous

*is kino in your path*

Anonymous

*gets on knees*
      WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Anonymous

I’m still fucking seething, it was so much fun I’d get the rocket jumper and fuck around shooting this thing at them as they try to runaway and fry themselves.

Anonymous

Got reverted ages ago, get with the times grandpa

Anonymous

Valve didn’t actually fix it.
          It does a fair deal less damage.

Anonymous

why the FUCK was this nerfed?
        I can’t imagine even compfags complaining about this one

Anonymous

>Valve: we """""""fixed""""""" the bison!

Anonymous

It is actually good on the bantfortress server.

Anonymous

Dr. Enforcicle was so much fun, probably the most fun I had in this game

Alas…

Anonymous

meet your match has been the single most worst update

Anonymous

TOP 3 WORST UPDATES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
        >Meet your Match
        >Mannconomy/Polycount
        >Gun Mettle (mostly for adding weapon skins and tiers)

TOP 3 BEST UPDATES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
        >Sniper vs Spy
        >WAR!
        >Love & War

Anonymous

>love and war
          anything post engineer update is sub-par.
          Also for worst updates I’d have to replace meet your match with invasion, and gun mettle with the tough break update because it broke the most weapons.

Anonymous

>replace meet your match with invasion
            no
            meet your match literally fucked TF2 so bad it’s still feeling the aftereffects today

Anonymous

The quickplay update where they removed the server browser is what you’re looking for.

I’m adding invasion, because it prevented valve from working with the community to fix their game for them.

Anonymous

I forgot Invasion was even a thing but that’s a community update so it sort of exists in its own bubble, and I feel like Gun Mettle deserves more blame over Tough Break since it introduced a lot of what TB brought in

Anonymous

Glad this shit got nerfed.
      Revert sandman, but leave the autistic spies in the grave

Anonymous

Today I will remind them
      https://youtu.be/fwOzxCdZiOc?t=504

Cowmangler, the worst fucking soldier rocket launcher.
      >comp fags
      >it’s too spammy in comp, valve needs to lower the fire rate

Anonymous

What are you talking about the cow mangler is practically a straight upgrade in comp. The crit downgrade doesn’t matter if your medic isn’t running kritzkrieg and the building damage doesn’t matter because the charge shot shoots flying frenchmen that straight up disables buildings letting your team mop up the sentry nest with little to no resistance. The cow mangler is a brilliant weapon, more than viable.

Anonymous

>What are you talking about the cow mangler is practically a straight upgrade in comp.
          This is where the entire argument falls apart.
          The game should not be balanced around 1% of the communities retarded un-intended playstyle.

Anonymous

>the cow mangler is practically a straight upgrade in comp.
          So what, if it’s better than stock why dont they use it? I thought comp was about using the best strat available not banning it

Anonymous

No comp fags play their autistic meta, and will ban anything that threatens it.

Anonymous

From what I know they consider it too spammy. It’s not strong in an interesting way.

Anonymous

I hate compdiverse folk so much

Anonymous

>revert plugin fixes everything valve nerfs
      >absolutely nothing feels OP anymore just fun

Was valve just retarded, like did the nerfs happen solely because of valve ruining everything?

Anonymous

Nerfs happened because Valve wanted to chase those fat eSport profits, so they listened to compfags on how to balance their game for 6v6 and Highlander tournaments.

Anonymous

DR was for room temp IQ tards who needed a crutch and encouraged a bad playstyle

Anonymous

DR was pretty good when you’re playing on a choke fest map and you had no other way to get behind the enemy team. Besides that though there wasn’t much use for it.

Anonymous

This thing was always a crutch for bad spies. Stop crying that you cant instantly reload your get out of jail free card.

Anonymous

It’s funny because the primary issue with that was DR spies using Engineer building gibs to do that. Large ammo kits still didn’t give 100% cloak, just 60%. They could have just made it not be able to pick up building gibs for cloak and dinged cloak gain from ammo by another 15%, but nope, Gaben only has a sledgehammer, not a scalpel.

Anonymous

A lot of the weapons people bitch about being nerfed were blatant crutches; I guarantee your ass if they ever fix the Iron Shitter’s projectile being x8 the size of normal pipes there’s going to be Gankeredditors complaining about how Valve "patched the fun out of the game."

Anonymous

Even with it’s supposed upsides I still hate using the thing. No bounce means you can’t lob grenades around tight corners and the lowered fuse time means the grenades have less travel time too. It’s just a shit weapon all round.

Grenade Launcer for your general exploding needs
          Loch n Load if you hate sentries and love precision aiming
          Loose Cannon if you like fun and Donkey Kong.

Anonymous

Honestly, people that use the iron bomber JUST because of its bugged hitbox are fucking idiots. The hitbox size difference is pretty much insignificant.

>What are you talking about the cow mangler is practically a straight upgrade in comp.
          This is where the entire argument falls apart.
          The game should not be balanced around 1% of the communities retarded un-intended playstyle.

it’s practically a straight upgrade in casual too.
          >+Has dope ass charge shot that gives minicrits on demand, deals afterburn, and lets you fuck the engineer’s wife.
          >-No random critical hits.

Anonymous

>it’s practically a straight upgrade in casual too.
            >+Has dope ass charge shot that gives minicrits on demand, deals afterburn, and lets you fuck the engineer’s wife.
            >-No random critical hits.

absolutely retarded

Anonymous

It really is. Not having to worry about ammo means more time on the attack. The second charge shot can fuck with people and outright kill them sometimes. And its lowered building damaged is 1. Not as bad when the secondary fire can also disable buildings which might as well be destroying it, and 2. If youre the only class capable of destroying a sentry in casual its probably a lost cause anyways.

Anonymous

Oh yeah I forgot about the infinite ammo, makes the cow mangler even more reliable since you never have to worry about running out of ammo.

Can’t deal with sentries, can’t be krit boosted, the upside of wasting all 4 of your shots for less than 30 bonus damage is mediocre. You’re better off spamming scorch shots.

>Can’t deal with sentries
                Press mouse2 for spy-in-a-rocket.
                Sentries disabled for 4 whole seconds.
                If you really can’t rely on your team to take advantage of this, you can just take a shotgun.
                >Can’t be krit boosted
                Either ask your friendly med to switch to uber, or he can krit boost someone else.
                >Wasting all 4 of your shots for less than 30 bonus damage is mediocre
                Thing is, the charge shot vaporises medics almost instantly, disables sentry nests, and generally has excellent burst damage. You don’t have to use the charge shot though. You can forget it exists and you have a rocket launcher with infinite ammo.
                >Better off spamming scorch shot
                I mean, sure if you want to sell your fucking soul. Seriously fuck those pyros that spam scorch shot.

Anonymous

Have fun dealing with minisentries
                >t.Cow Mangler enjoyer

Anonymous

Please tell me its downside, what keeps it in line with the other weapons, or makes it even worse than the other weapons?

Anonymous

Can’t deal with sentries, can’t be krit boosted, the upside of wasting all 4 of your shots for less than 30 bonus damage is mediocre. You’re better off spamming scorch shots.

Anonymous

Oh and standing still will just get you killed, honestly it’s almost a trap option.

Anonymous

tbh even as it is, if you are half decent at aiming pills you are way better off with the stock

Anonymous

I’m to tried to copy and fast the whole artifact spill, it’s late tonight and I’ve been protesting at VALVE headquarters for a update all night so can you guys just pretend I was talking about the dedicated artifact fanbase please

Anonymous
      Anonymous

screwed

Anonymous

>disguise as teammate
      >run out
      >take one or two stray bullets
      >right-click
      >fake death
      >run by and disguise as enemy
      flawless disguise, every time

Anonymous

Always thought disguising as allies should give you a long lasting cloak and silent decloak with the DR. Would help you setup and balance it out to the invis watch.

Anonymous

and then it makes the loud ass
        *CHCKCKRRRKRRRZZZZZEWWWEEWEWWW
        noise and every single motherfucker on the other team turns around and shoots you

Anonymous

i’m not retarded so i uncloak in a quiet spot

Anonymous

Imagine not playing with mic spam

Anonymous

dead ringer is such a piece of shit idea, it just means I can’t have a moment’s peace after killing a spy because chances are high they’re using that shit

Anonymous

>try to do contracts with friends in the US
      >lagbots fucking the server
      >join another server
      >YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY, RIGHT ROUND
      i just want to play the game…

Anonymous

>and my favorite class is the spy.
      >thanks, and have fun.

Anonymous

>guy makes autistic comments on the mic
      >tell him to shut the fuck up
      >he does
      all is well

Anonymous

i once coerced a kid into screaming the n-word in voice chat

Anonymous

Invis Watch:
      >+5% movement speed while cloaked

Cloak and Dagger:
      >+50% damage resistance while cloaked
      >+Cannot replenish cloak meter while cloaked, but can be replenished when decloaked

Dead Ringer:
      >+Cannot replenish cloak meter while decloaked, but can be replenished when cloaked
      >+Unaffected by all enemy items and damage for 3 seconds after being triggered, and any previous status effects are removed

Universal buffs:
      >+decrease decloak time by 0.5 seconds
      >+ability to toggle between movement speed of disguised class and Spy’s default movement speed (with the exception of Scout)

Spy is now a more viable class

Anonymous

All nerfs were SHIT

Anonymous

This

Anonymous

Anyone else never get frustrated at a certain weapon and never get spawncamped?
      Like puff n sting never bothered me.
      Amby and DR never bothered me.
      etc

Anonymous

I used dead ringer before the nerf and I felt dirty using it. I was already using stock watch when the nerf happened.

Anonymous

DR is just annoying for the sole fact that everyone knows when a spy is using one. They’ll instantly die and then they’ll come back 10 seconds later to try the same thing only for them to scurry off back to their ammo packs and persist this tactic until you’re distracted with something else and that’s when they backstab you. Not because they’re tricky or smart, but because you were simply distracted with something important like the objective or trying to fight off someone else.

It’s not fun having to "kill" the same spy five times or having to REALLY go out of your way to kill him just to even get a moments respite. I hated it back at release and I still hate it now, at least it’s more managable to go against.

Anonymous

I fucking loathe Dead Ringer spies in VSH, almost all of them have it because it’s an objectively better option and all of them have hyper-awareness of where every ammo pack on the map is to get as many free lives as possible.

Anonymous

Old liberty launcher made me seethe

Anonymous

puff and sting drove me up a fucking wall when I had nothing I could do against it. You would just sit there and wait while the pyro one shotted you. Was fucking insane. Hell they didn’t even need to airblast, it was practically a backstab if they quick swapped.

Anonymous

Something I always hated is in fighting games where once an enemy got you in hitstun and started their combo you might as well put the game down and wait for them to finish because there’s nothing you can use to escape it.
        Puff and sting and sandman were those.
        They should buff sandman though I think valve nerfed it a little too hard.

Invis Watch:
        >+5% movement speed while cloaked

Cloak and Dagger:
        >+50% damage resistance while cloaked
        >+Cannot replenish cloak meter while cloaked, but can be replenished when decloaked

Dead Ringer:
        >+Cannot replenish cloak meter while decloaked, but can be replenished when cloaked
        >+Unaffected by all enemy items and damage for 3 seconds after being triggered, and any previous status effects are removed

Universal buffs:
        >+decrease decloak time by 0.5 seconds
        >+ability to toggle between movement speed of disguised class and Spy’s default movement speed (with the exception of Scout)

Spy is now a more viable class

>Just pick up the ammo before decloaking with the dead ringer
        >Dead ringer is now stronger than ever before
        Yeah please no.

Anonymous

I don’t understand the hate for Scorch Shot
        Pyros using it dont fuck me over any more often than some other class
        And you basically have to use it playing Pyro on certain maps to not be dead weight to your team

Anonymous

Scorch shot just has too much damage for all the utility it brings and enables the most braindead of pyro playstyles (phlog pyros). Honestly I’d be fine if they kept all the utility on it but reduced it’s base damage by 90%. That way it can still be used to annoy snipers and destroy stickies but you can’t just spam the bloody thing for free damage anymore.

Anonymous

What is valve working on right now besides TI10?

Anonymous

Are spy mains still whining about not having free spammable god mode any more? At least whining about the Amby nerf made some sense, shitters who think Spy can’t get kills without being unkillable are retarded.

Anonymous

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

Anonymous

>revert redeploy nerf but add mark for death if you redeploy after the first time
        Fixed

Anonymous

Reminder Grant Vincent (Froyo B4nny) worked very closely with Valve on Meet your Match and pretty much helped them design it. Comp faggots truly ruin everything they touch.

Anonymous

Fuck sandvich
      Fuck banana
      Who /chocolate/ here?

Anonymous

I don’t always play heavy, but when I do, I use the chocolate.
        Valve please buff the buffalo steak and remove that dumbass damage vulnerability.

Anonymous

Damn I forgot to share my chocolate. Here, As proof I’m no fake chocolatier.

Anonymous

If I am not using the Shotgun, I am probably using this.

Anonymous

>caring about TF2 when Overwatch exists
      lmao

Anonymous

wait, what happened? havent played in years but i loved that item!
      was it removed or nerfed or something??

Anonymous

eh that was actually a bit busted let’s be fair. now with that being said, FUCK VALVE

Anonymous

>let’s give spy a pocket sniper rifle
        what the FUCK were they thinking

Anonymous

Better than the diamondback, at least the gun rewards you for aiming well instead of just playing normally

Anonymous

>le impossible to kill dickhead with this thing and the fucking spycicle who isnt even skilled enough to get a kill but only serves as a mild annoyance

Anonymous

Where is the fucking artifact pasta poster? Why isn’t he on the one and only thread this month made to slag off valve?

Anonymous

>still no strange banana

Anonymous

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

Anonymous

>*Helps you climb to the top of the leaderboard without doing anything resembling work*

You know I had to do it to them.

Anonymous

confession: I still use 2013 era loadouts as that is when i played the most and i don’t feel like using the other weapons

Anonymous

this was pretty much me before they nerded the loose cannon too

Anonymous

I became a spy main because of StaryKrow
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKCxOOKPwE

Anonymous

just had a game where there were like 10 bots on the other team and i managed to convince my team to all use kill in the console at the same time and all the bots left. same thing works for convincing eveyrone to stay in spawn for a little bit.

Anonymous

nmnsd

Anonymous
Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.