>hear nothing but how fucking awful absolutely every aspect of this game is

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >hear nothing but how fucking awful absolutely every aspect of this game is

• This topic has 305 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>free on steam for the weekend, might as see how bad it is
      >campaign isn’t an imablanced piece of shit like Reach
      >actually has a plot with structure, not just you dicking around doing pointless bullshit until the last three missions where the devs realised they need to quickly set up for the start of the first Halo
      The first mission with the retarded climbing and QTEs was ass cancer, plasma weapons run out of ammo before you even notice and promethin guns are pretty shit overall but aside from that the campaign is enjoyable enough, which is definitely not something I can say about Reach. Have you faggots been memeing me all these years?

Anonymous

No, you just have shit taste. The Prometheans are the antithesis of good game design. Everything they do seems like it was designed purely to piss on the flow of a shooter.

>Enemies that delete grenades
      >Enemies that revive other enemies
      >Enemies that teleport away when they’re on low health

Anonymous

This. /thread

Pic related

Anonymous

>>campaign isn’t an imablanced piece of shit like Reach
        Prometheans, every single Grunt overcharging its pistol, minuscule ammo pools for every single gun, Prometheans, oh, and did I mention Prometheans?
        Halo 4’s weapon sandbox and enemy types makes everything in Halo Reach seem like a godsend of actually enjoyable game design.

Never had as much trouble with promethins as with elites who could fucking melt you in miliseconds and take entire fucking mags without dropping their sheilds on legendary, and the utter retardation of Bungie deciding quick punch assassinations are not cool anymore. Promethians aren’t giving me issues with their teleporting so far because much like every other halo I focus on taking out the soft targets protecting them first, and without them they can teleport wherever the fuck they want they’re still getting raped.

Anonymous

>the utter retardation of Bungie deciding quick punch assassinations are not cool anymore
          you know you can just tap the melee and kill them that way, right? the only utter retardation here seems to be coming from the player, not the game. and 4 still has those assassination animations.

Anonymous

>you know you can just tap the melee and kill them that way, right?
            Brutes are immune to assassinations. Did you even play the game you’re defending you drooling troglodyte?

Anonymous

Did you read the post I was replying to? The moron is crying about ELITES not Brutes. Not to mention there are better ways to kill Brutes than going up and meleeing them.

Anonymous

I’ve also had elites survive melee to the back so many times I just stopped bothering at some point.

>promethins as with elites who could fucking melt you in miliseconds and take entire fucking mags
                >take entire fucking mags
                promethins take entire fucking ammo pools wtf are you on about

The small little guard dog things take one headshot from any precision weapon just like grunts (funny enough, Reach was the only Halo game retarded enough to introduce grunts capable of tanking headshots)
                The drone things take 3 to 4 shots
                Knights can be taken down with a single map provided you manage to maintain fire on them

The enemies are nowhere near as spongy as Halo Reach. Don’t kid yourself.

Anonymous

At least Reach GIVES you a fucking weapon to headshot the grunts. Halo 4 won’t even provide enough light rifle ammo to take out hordes of bullet sponge prometheans.

Anonymous

lmao what the fuck are you talking about? 4 is constantly shotting out precision weapons. Granted I only completed the first 5 levels so far so maybe it gets much worse later on but so far, you’re full of shit. There’s magnums, BRs, DMR fucking everywhere and you get to refuel your promethian BR after every goddamn fight.

Anonymous

>Granted I only completed the first 5 levels so far
                      have a nice day. Stop arguing with people who’ve actually completed the game on legendary.

Anonymous

I could see Reach was utter garbage from the very first few levels and it never got any better. Unlike you I am capable of basic pattern recognition.

Anonymous

No, you’re the same autistic chief faggot who bitchfits about Reach in every Halo thread. You’ve beaten it multiple times.

Anonymous

This doesn’t even start like a Halo game, when will reddit learn that people didn’t like Halo because of Bungie but because they were fun game, if the game isn’t fun then it isn’t good, Bungie or 343 making it doesn’t matter.

Anonymous

No it doesn’t.
                      On most levels past the third one you are FORCED to use the shitty not-smg and not-shotgun because of how scarce ammo for the good guns are.

Anonymous

Finish the game.
                      It does, indeed, become a problem. And don’t play on pussy mode, play one of the two difficulties made for non-disabled people. You’ll see.
                      Also, the fact that the main enemies aren’t the covenant is pretty fucking awful because it means no plasma pistol. No plasma pistol means no noob combo when you need it, which also means that when a Knight shows up you have to grind the fucking kill for minutes with no clear indication of how much damage you’ve dealt the fucker.
                      Reach was bad, but you had your noob combo available in most cases in which you needed it.
                      In Halo 4 you’ll find yourself forced to either go up to a Knight’s face to shoot him with a shotgun praying to RNGesus that he doesn’t oneshot you or teleport or you’ll backtrack 5 miles to find a light rifle. Don’t kid yourself, you WILL do this even if you have very good aim and are efficient with ammo, because you’ll run out of the mandatory boring precision weapon ammo super fast and you’ll have very little power weapons with very little ammo and many many enemies to fight. All the fucking time.

Anonymous

I get the feeling that you haven’t actually played Reach or 4. Prometheans are easily the most obnoxiously spongy enemies in the entire series, even including Halo 2’s Brutes. To make matters worse, there’s no easy way to tell if the shield is up or not with them, unlike the Elites you’re crying about in Reach. I played both on legendary recently, and while Reach wasn’t the most fun thing ever, I at least enjoyed myself. Meanwhile Halo 4 was a slog full of the most obnoxious enemies in the series, from the overshielded, overpowered Prometheans, to every single grunt, which would overcharge every shot on its plasma pistol so you never had any shields.
                  While every level you fought Prometheans in 4 was a pain in the ass, especially that one with the Pelican, I can’t remember a time where the Elites in Reach were anywhere near as annoying. Maybe pick up a Covenant weapon before you cry about your Assault Rifle not instantly deleting shields.

Anonymous

Not him, but I’ll agree that Prometheans are too much of a pain in the ass on Legendary. They’re seriously not a problem on Normal unless you suck.

Anonymous

Funnily enough anon, you can pretty much deload and skip the entire Pelican level with speedrun strats. Just like you can skip and deload huge portions of the Library on CE.
                    I say funnily because the only way to make these levels fun is to find ways not to play them. Which in turn means that it’s more fun to not play the game than it is playing it. Which means Halo 4 is retarded faggotry.

Anonymous

>Prometheans are easily the most obnoxiously spongy enemies in the entire series
                    They’re not, Reach is a million times worse. The fact that you complain about Halo 2 brutes who could be taken out in seconds with precision headshots or half a mag from a fucking needler speaks volumes of how much of a clueless retard you are. How useful is the needler in Reach?

Anonymous

Go play Gravemind on Legendary, then get back to me about how easy it is to deal with those brutes.
                      You can shit talk anything but never fucking underestimate the absolute artificial difficulty hell that Halo 2 can be.

Anonymous

But Halo 2 was rushed out the door so quickly they didn’t have time to optimise it well which is why it’s hard as shit on legendary. They made that game in less than a year, that’s more time than what Infinite is being delayed from it’s original launch date despite them having more money and staff to help get it finished.

Anonymous

I’ve beat all the games on legendary. You don’t need to tell me what I should and should not try playing you fucking moron. You’re the one bitching about being unable to deal with brutes in a game where needlers are heat-tracking plasma grenades capable of deleting anything with just half a mag on legendary, and are dropped by the dozen during every fight. Your cognitive abilities are inferior to those of fucking shellfish. Stop wasting my time with your braindead replies you fucking subhuman.

Anonymous

Nice to know that instead of substantiating your points on how enemies in Reach are spongy you jumped for the throat with this strawman of someone who doesn’t know how to kill Halo 2’s Brutes when and objective fact about their health and damage resistance is brought up. Go on and share with the class how Elites shields in Reach are a problem, but the same shields are okay on an enemy that can teleport and has no visual indicator for shield damage.

Anonymous

NOOB COMBO RETARD Halo meta is wityling down shields with assault rifles needlers or anything else and then killing with precision. Assault rifles if nothing else works needlers if you dont have a plasma pistol etc.

Anonymous

>Noob combo
                        >Grunts are not a common enemy in the game anymore, therefore plasma pistols aren’t available half the fucking time or more
                        >Calls shooting with an assault rifle to get a shield down "noob combo", proving he doesn’t know fucking anything about the games
                        >Unironically uses the assault rifle against enemies whose shields sometimes won’t go down with even an entire magazine of a precision weapon
                        Are you mentally handicapped anon? Or did you just never play the games? I think both. Yeah, I think both.

Anonymous

>>Unironically uses the assault rifle against enemies whose shields sometimes won’t go down
                        Even on legendary in CE elite shields would go down from less than a single mag of sustained AR fire. Elites in reach need two mags just to drop shields. Tell me all about how good the balance in Reach is, retard.
                        Noob combo is literally the only viable means of dealing with elites on legendary in reach. It’s fucking obnoxious, garbage-tier gameplay.

Anonymous

Your critcism of Reach is invalid if you think the only plasma weapon that exists is the Plasma Pistol. The Plasma Rifle and Plasma Repeater exist, you retard.

> or Needler clip on a shielded enemy
                        even on legendary CE, a needler supercombining will act just like a plasma rifle and kill a shielded elite provided you manage to supercombine. A supercombine in Reach only takes down shields.

Yes, please forgive me for trying to play Reach as if it were a Halo game. Clearly, it is not.

You can carry two weapons at once. The secondary slot isn’t for a backup weapon, Halo’s weapon sandbox has weapons that are supposed to work in tandem with each other.
                        I’m sorry, you’re not playing Halo Reach as if it’s a Halo game, you’re playing it as if it’s CoD or Battlefield.

Anonymous

>hurr let me ignore all the examples you bring up of Reach’s balance being completely different from the rest of halo games ur just not playing reach like halo because you’re expecting weapons to behave like in the previous installments xP
                        have a nice day, retard.

Anonymous

They DO behave exactly like the previous installments. You’re the retard who relies on holding down the trigger with the AR to kill enemies. You’re meeting a wall because you’re a retard who hasn’t realize that spamming the AR isn’t the best way to take down shields, and are now angry because the game is encouraging you to throw down your CoD "MUH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS" mindset and be more thoughtful about the weaknesses the enemies have to the weapons you have available.

Anonymous

>They DO behave exactly like the previous installments
                        Show me a webm of a fully charged elite dying to a needler supercombine on legendary in Reach.

Anonymous

A minor change so you’re not rolling through all your enemies with a single gun is a bad thing? You’re retarded dude, you keep saying that you’re playing Halo as Halo, but everything you’ve said shows that you have no idea how the game itself wants you to play it. Keep rushing in with your AR or Needler and whining that your enemies aren’t instantly evaporating, meanwhile everyone else will use actually effective weapon COMBOs and never have the same problem cause by your autism.

Anonymous

You’re an idiot for ever using AR in CE, because repeated fire from the plasma pistol has a higher DPS.
                        Aside from that, I have done nothing in this thread but insist upon the fact that Reach is worthless shit.
                        You must be really confused. What you were doing was defending promethean knights having high shields and I brought up the fact that you don’t have plasma pistols available to you when you most need them to deal with them, so you end up shooting at them for hours.
                        You need to take a nap and recharge your battieries or something because you’re tripping balls and also very wrong and stupid.

Anonymous

CE AR has a 60 round mag. Reach AR has 32 round mag. Even then the reach AR is nerfed compared to the 3 AR requiring more shots to kill a player in mp.
                        You’re also missing that for story purposes elite shields have been jacked up in resilience to make them terrifying to fit with the lore.

Anonymous

>gameplay is garbage for lore purposes!
                        Still garbage gameplay. And the tradeoff didn’t seem like it did anything in favour of lore either because the writing is dogshit anyway. Woops!

Anonymous

>writing in a shooting game
                        Lmao it’s poor justification to shoot bitches at the best of times.
                        Elites are scary in reach, they succeeded at what they set out to do.

Anonymous

Cal you please read conversation chains fully before replying?
                        >for story purposes elite shields have been jacked up in resilience
                        >so reach sacrificed proper gameplay balance for the sake of writing which was dogshit anyway
                        >(you come in without any understanding of context) DUDE WHO CARES ABOUT WRITING LOL
                        Why do you do shit like this?

Anonymous

What’s the point of being a Spartan when the common footsoldiers are scary to you?
                        I can understand the Brutes being terrifying in ODST, but you’re a Spartan in Reach. You should cut them down like a god amongst men.

But no, they made you the "bitch generation" of Spartans. So you have people who barely speak, barely do anything and don’t resemble how humans act, but are only slightly more capable than an ODST. Stupid writing, very stupid writing.

Johnson, who was a Spartan 1, got his ass kicked and got kidnapped 800 times every 2 seconds but he wasn’t a scaredy bitch and didn’t get killed. Know why? Because he was a fucking Spartan. Maybe not undefeatable, but fearless and badass nonetheless.

The noble team is a bunch of quivering pussies and the only actually strong guy is an idiot that orders a vehicle through an EMP field willingly and then kills himself accomplishing nothing.

Elites being "scary" brought nothing to the franchise. Especially since right after that, they remained goofy and brutish rather than elegant and you saw Spartan 2s and 4s shit all over them.

Reach is a catastrophe.

Anonymous

spartans are just soldiers you retard, they’re not gods

Anonymous

>Just soldiers
                        They’re not allowed to be decleared dead by the government, because they’re supposed to look like immortal invincible warriors and saviors of humanity to the common people, they can only be dubbed MIA
                        >Just soldiers
                        Master Chief legit punches a Banshee and breaks it in the lore
                        >Just soldiers
                        Master Chief kills a whole squad of grown elite soldiers when he’s barely a teenager and he’s in his undies because his genetic enhancements are just that fucking good
                        >Just soldiers
                        Can lift tanks and survive dropping from orbit and landing head first onto a planet while wearing 500 kilograms of armour
                        >Just soldiers
                        They wear suits that allow them to survive in open space and that immediately twists the joints and kills whoever wears it without their genetic enhancements
                        >Just soldiers

Nah anon, they’re literal marvel superheroes.

Anonymous

Master Chief is a literal living god in Halo.

>they’re just… le gods!!!
                        stfu

Anonymous

Go back

Anonymous

Master Chief is a literal living god in Halo.

Anonymous

>You should cut them down like a god amongst men.
                        No you shouldn’t. Spartans shoot the same guns as marines

Anonymous

Aside from the fact that there are plenty of instances in which they absolutely don’t, if you have to take cover and die when hit by one plasma shot, you’re going to shoot your weapon how many times?
                        And how many times are you gonna shoot it while moving as fast as the wind, protected by metal armour and shields, while having superhuman accuracy and reflexes? I’m going to guess a bunch more times.

What you’re saying is that Hector shouldn’t be able to kill all the Greeks and go from the walls of his city all up into their encampment and burn their shit because he’s using the same spear and shield as everyone else. That’s fucking stupid.

Anonymous

>then kills himself accomplishing nothing
                        Well, yes, that was the whole shocking point. We know that after the fact but the characters didn’t. They thought they had accomplished a lot based on what little they knew about the Covenant’s battle plans. Completely brain dead complaint.

Anonymous

>trying to defend Reach’s crappy storytelling
                        Not him but you’re a retard.

Anonymous

>no argument
                        Not her (male with penis) but you’re a retard.

Anonymous

What’s to argue about, when even ex-Bungie staff call the Reach Spartans shit characters then you know no effort was put into them. I care more about the characters in Halo 1.

Anonymous

>We know after the fact
                        We know before the fucking fact, because we know Reach has been destroyed already before even playing the game and are reminded again upon playing it. So there is no shock value for us, only for the characters we already are not invested in.
                        And he’s still a mongoloid for ordering the Falcon pilot into an EMP field after the pilot told him that the vehicle was probably going to malfunction.

Anonymous

>we know Reach has been destroyed already before
                        Except how Reach was destroyed is what we didn’t know. You’re missing the entire point of what PREQUELS are supposed to show. We know what happens when they end, but what happens during them (and maybe before) is interesting. You never knew that Jorge was going to pointlessly sacrifice his life for an objective that wasn’t Reach itself.

The writing is not flawed in this example. You just didn’t like it and the characters. Simple as.

Anonymous

Not him but Marty shitted all on Reach’s story, shut up and stop defending it, you larping zoomer.

Anonymous

>complaining about zoomers talking about a zoomer franchise
                        not him but you should have a nice day

Anonymous

Halo is a millennial franchise, zoomer, your larping is getting stale.

Anonymous

>baby’s first shooter on a 6th gen console
                        >millennial
                        BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous

yes, anon. Zoomers were at best 2 years old when CE came out, and 6 or 7 when 3 came out

Anonymous

Yes, faggot, you can see where the zoomer period started, right around the time reddit was created and what do zoomers love, heavy-handed storytelling and less gameplay since they can’t play shit and rather have the game play itself.

Not him, but the first zoomers were born on 1995, 1997, or 1998, so "baby’s first shooter" fits. There was plenty of 10 year olds playing Halo 3 back in the day.

Anonymous

>Halo 3
                        That’s when the shitters came into the series, it’s the best in the series but the fanbase is shit and loves to larp, they’re also huge lorefaggots but I could be wrong on the lorefag part.

Anonymous

>it’s the best in the series
                        zoom zoom

Anonymous

Fixes all of Halo 1’s and especially 2’s problems.

Anonymous

Yes, faggot, you can see where the zoomer period started, right around the time reddit was created and what do zoomers love, heavy-handed storytelling and less gameplay since they can’t play shit and rather have the game play itself.

Anonymous

>We know before the fucking fact, because we know Reach has been destroyed already before even playing the game and are reminded again upon playing it.
                        Do you know what prequel means anon?

Anonymous

Yes. Unncessary cash grab.

Anonymous

>Elites are scary in reach
                        lmao, I’m more scared of Infinite’s Elite over Reach’s cartoon proportion Elites.

Anonymous

>Bungie makes Elites into monsters in Reach because they wanted to portray how they would be seen in a conflict by regular Army forces that haven’t dealt with them before
                        >Mixed reception but atleast Elite AI is still great and presents a challenge despite them having a larger profile
                        >343i keeps the monster design further fucking up their profile by adding these really weird jaggy shoulder pads and headpieces and dumbs down the AI
                        As much as I enjoyed Reach when it was released, now I just see it as a mistake

Anonymous

It really was but I do have to admit, that Infinite Elites looks badass.

Anonymous

I was joking about you using your assault rifle on shields. But you actually do that. You’re actually the kind of retard who unloads a full AR or Needler clip on a shielded enemy. How many months did it take you to beat these games on Legendary? How did you even beat Halo 2’s first level? Fucks sake just pick up a plasma weapon for the shields.

Anonymous

> or Needler clip on a shielded enemy
                        even on legendary CE, a needler supercombining will act just like a plasma rifle and kill a shielded elite provided you manage to supercombine. A supercombine in Reach only takes down shields.

Yes, please forgive me for trying to play Reach as if it were a Halo game. Clearly, it is not.

Anonymous

I’m more inclined to call you a retard for somehow not knowing how to deal with Elites in Reach. You know those little guys that run around with them? Maybe pick up one of the guns they have before you start unloading your weapons into the enemy’s shields. You calling me a "clueless retard" over the Brutes speaks volumes about how much you’ve actually played any Halo, and how you’ve clearly never touched Halo 2 on any difficulty beyond Easy.

Anonymous

It’s more telling that OP is an idiot because the Noob Combo has been around since Halo fucking CE.

The MCC is his first interaction with Halo. Reach is his first interaction with Halo, and he went into it hating it because everyone else told him it sucked. Meanwhile he’s defending a campaign that ends in a fucking QTE.

Should’ve got Halo 1 first, retard. Then Halo 2. And play through it on Heroic rather than Legendary until you know what you’re doing, that shit straight up isn’t fair.

Anonymous

Except all the other games were balanced well enough to where other weapons were viable too, as opposed to the noob combo being the only way of playing the game like it was in reach. The fact that you need to make up a bunch of retarded strawmen to feel better about you not having anything intelligent to say betrays nothing other than your unbelievable stupidity.

Anonymous

>other weapons were viable too
                        >opposed to the noob combo being the only way of playing the game in Reach

Yeah OK thank you for telling me you’ve never completed any Halo game on Legendary, and most definitely no levels LASO.

Everything except precision weapons, power weapons, and the Plasma Pistol, MAYBE the Plasma Rifle/Repeater in a pinch gets made irrelevant by how fragile you are on Legendary. And this is the case from Halo 1 to 4, but especially 2 since you have insta-kill Jackal Snipers, and even in Reach it’ll feel that way because the ones with Needle Rifles don’t fucking miss their headshots so if your shields drop with them around you’re dead.

Anonymous

I finished all the games on legendary and besides reach I used whatever the fuck was available at hand. No, I haven’t done LASO but if basic strawmanning and pathetic dickwaving whhen discussing the balance of your average campaign playthrough is what you consider a suitable substitute for an argument then you’ve pretty much admitted to losing anyway.

Anonymous

You didn’t fucking use "whatever the fuck was available at hand" when it came to Jackal Snipers, you either used the BR or Sniper Rifle and killed them ahead of anything else when you saw them/knew they were in the area, anything else would get you killed. You sure as fuck didn’t do that shit with a Shotgun or any full-auto weapon like the SMGs. Quit larping as a badass when you can’t even sound like you know what you’re talking about.

Anonymous

>You didn’t fucking use "whatever the fuck was available at hand" when it came to Jackal Snipers
                        Considering most of my balance comparisons were with CE I think it’s very disingenuous of you to assume I was talking about halo 2 in that post. Thanks for further proof that you’re not arguing in good faith you chronic shitposter.

Anonymous

Lol you had just said you completed every game on legendary and used whatever was available at hand. Thereby opening the discussion to the parameters you set, that being every game on legendary
                        Retard

Anonymous

>my balance comparisons were with CE
                        Nigga the AR in CE was actually worse at doing anything on Legendary than the Reach one. It wouldn’t take nearly half an AR mag to kill a Grunt on Legendary in Reach.

I don’t know how the fuck you completed it not relying on a Magnum+PP for most of the game before the Flood take over and legitimately make more weapons viable, and if you did, it’s in a completely retarded manner compared to Noob Combo. More power to you if it happened but you really sound like you just jumped into this conversation to sound cool and fucked it up.

Anonymous

>if basic strawmanning and pathetic dickwaving
                        You did that. Remember the "lol ur 2 dum to kill broots"? You’re whining about strawmen and dickwaving while engaging in it yourself. You’ve failed to substantiate the idea that somehow the Elites in Reach are too spongy, but the Prometheans, who are those very Elites on steroids, are perfectly okay. When anyone confronts you on the way you’ve decided to play you act like their input doesn’t matter. Legendary isn’t Normal, there are sets of weapons you’re encouraged to use in every single installment of the series. Halo Reach isn’t unique in that regard, and you’ve done nothing but whine that the AR doesn’t evaporate shields and that the Needler isn’t an instant kill. Go fuck yourself you disingenuous hypocrite.

Anonymous

Maybe stop using the fucking AR to kill everything on legendary.
                      The only true annoyance of Reach on legendary was the space flight part before they patched that.

Anonymous

Oh yeah. Not to mention
          >need 6 sniper rifle rounds to Hunter back to kill them
          Reach is not a Halo game. Simple as.

Anonymous

>promethins as with elites who could fucking melt you in miliseconds and take entire fucking mags
          >take entire fucking mags
          promethins take entire fucking ammo pools wtf are you on about

Anonymous

Reach was such a piece of shit of a game, not Halo, doesn’t look like Halo, doesn’t feel like Halo.

Anonymous

this but Halo 4, 5 and Infinite

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

Infinite completely shits on almost everything in the series, campaign will probably be up there or surpass Halo 3, at this point. Reach plays like shit from a campaign and multiplayer point and there is no reason to ever return to it, Reach feels more outdated than the games that came before it.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

FPBP

Anonymous

There’s nothing inherently wrong with what you said. Prometheans are just badly designed in every way.

Anonymous

Promethians wouldn’t be that bad if their weapons were not complete garbage.

Anonymous

Maybe but their writing and visual design is absolutely unredeemable shit

Anonymous

What would an ESL know about good writing? Reach had no writing whatsoever.

Anonymous

>Reach had no writing whatsoever.
                I don’t know what the fuck this is supposed to mean or why you brought up Reach. It’s shit and you are dumb as bricks.

Anonymous

>Prometheans are shit
                >"yeah well reach sucks!"
                okay?

Anonymous

Don’t forget terrible visual design where you can barely tell what variant they are at a glance.

Anonymous

this is like the one area you cant criticize prometheans. the ones with incineration canons and binary rifles have like flaming heads that are super easy to spot, same with the crawler snipers that glow when theyre aiming

Anonymous

>Enemies that delete grenades
        These are the same enemy
        Just shoot the floating drone thing before you throw grenades

Anonymous

>you can’t damage the main threat until you’ve killed the small threat
          This is the equivalent of making elites immortal until you’ve killed all the nearby grunts. Just shit design

Anonymous

but muh flow

Anonymous

Don’t forget that they have 0 feedback when toy shoot them. Making fighting them extremely boring.

Anonymous

Fpbp

Anonymous

I like how they look, it really hits the spot for me, but fighting them is so incredibly boring and tedious, for fucks sake, 343 does one right thing and then screw it right up.

Anonymous

Probably my least favorite enemy in any game ever, literally zero fun factor

Anonymous

id be fine with the annoying flying ones if they werent also the strongest enemies.

Anonymous

>revive each other
        You mean like the flood?

Anonymous

Yep. Halo ended with Reach. A damn fine way to send off the franchise, too. Everything else is just fanfic, like Disney’s Star Wars.

Anonymous

>Reach
          >not 3
          Your larping is getting terrible.

Anonymous

>piss on the flow of shooters

Oh thank god we didn’t have to deal with fucking Elites with shields or any stupid shit like tha—

Anonymous

-t

Anonymous

4 and 5 have better campaigns than what Bungie shat out after Halo 3 but that’s not saying much, Ganker just praise that other shit because they never actually liked Halo and larp because they get pooping on Halo 4 and 5 confused with hating 343 and must love everything about Bungie even though that was never the case.

Anonymous

>>campaign isn’t an imablanced piece of shit like Reach
      Prometheans, every single Grunt overcharging its pistol, minuscule ammo pools for every single gun, Prometheans, oh, and did I mention Prometheans?
      Halo 4’s weapon sandbox and enemy types makes everything in Halo Reach seem like a godsend of actually enjoyable game design.

Anonymous

You have shit taste and are most likely a anglocuck

Anonymous

>a anglo
        Why yes, I’m not a subhuman from a turd-world country with no culture or economy. How could you tell?

Anonymous

Cuz you sound like a fag that suffers from cognitive dissonance from wanting to be European desperately but actually being an Asian migrant forever and ever.

Anonymous

Nothing east of the Rhine is white lol

Anonymous

And you’ll never be European no matter how pale you get, Hansdeep Nigelwong

Anonymous

Rank the Halo games, NOW

Anonymous

Halo 2 > Halo Reach > Halo CE > Halo 3

Anonymous

3>2>1>Reach>HW>HW2>4>5

Anonymous

2 > 1 > 3 > massive powergap. This is where Halo stops being good > ODST > Reach
        Haven’t finished 4 yet so don’t know if I’d put it above or below reach. Leaning towards above though.

Anonymous

Campaign
        CE > Reach > ODST > 2 > 3 > 4
        Multiplayer
        2 > 3 > CE > Reach > 4

Anonymous

CE/2/3/ODST>Reach>power gap>343shit

Anonymous

Not op, only care about the campaigns so
        3 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 5 > ODST=Reach

Anonymous

worst taste in the thread

Anonymous

>4 > 5 > ODST=Reach
          Explain

Anonymous

No need, if it’s at the bottom, it’s shit, they both play like shit, they both feel like shit, they both were a waste of several years with nothing worth getting and the start of the 360 going to shit and becoming a no games piece of crap.

Anonymous

Fine, be a retard faggot then

Anonymous

People tell Bungie that Halo is too slow, make it faster, Bungie instead makes it slower, I have never seen a studio that hated its fans as much as Bungie does. I was jus smart enough to drop them after Halo 3.

Anonymous

Hey, pssst, bommerfag, lemme tell you a secret

Halo was always just as fast as it needed to be. You’re just upset Quake was-rightly-fucking left behind by the industry like the fossil it is. Get a grip.

Anonymous

Doesn’t explain why Bungie made their games after Halo 3 even slower, I can’t even go back to them because they feel dated even compared to Halo 1 and 2, they’re just so slow.

Anonymous

The only memorable part of 4 for me was the broadsword run. I think it was the most enjoyable vehicle gauntlet to date though I haven’t played 5, and likely never will because I doubt it’ll ever see a pc port and I have no intention to buy a console for a halo game now

I can at least get ODST being slower than the rest, because you’re not a spartan. I’d almost have liked it to be even slower, limit the covenant weapons you can use to the ones marines can (No gravity hammer) and reinforce the stealth side by making the silenced weapons actually silenced.

Anonymous

You can use gravity hammers in ODST

Anonymous

CE>2>3>Reach>ODST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>343 fan fiction

Anonymous

CE > 3/ODST > 2 >> 4 > Reach >>> power gap >>> shit > Infinite > 5

4 and Reach are decent games, but the trilogy is much better.

Anonymous

3>ODST>CE>Reach>2

Anonymous

3>CE>2>ODST>5>Reach>4

Anonymous

I just replayed MCC and Halo 5

SP
        2>Reach>3>ODST>1>4>>>5
        MP
        Reach>2>1>3/ODST>5>>>4

Anonymous

Halo 3>Halo 2=Reach>ODST>CE>4>5

Anonymous

Reach>3>ODST>2>CE

Reach is the best

Anonymous

Campaign:
        2 > Reach > 3 > ODST > CE > [343 games]

Anonymous

My man
          I always thought CE was kinda overrated

Anonymous

It’s a great game, but it has been surpassed. The later half of it is also infuriating and not so enjoyable due to the flood being anti-fun. I liked Reach a lot because it didn’t have the flood in it, they always outlive their welcome gameplay-wise. 2 gets away with it because it’s so long.

Anonymous

3 >= 2 > reach > ODST >= first half of 1 > 5 > dogshit > 4 > nailing my dick to the ceiling > second half of 1

Anonymous

I can’t possibly fathom how anyone can enjoy Halo 5’s putrid campaign over 4’s

Anonymous

halo5’s gameplay is way more enjoyable than 4’s

Anonymous

>hide behind cover
              >take a few shots before going back into cover
              >repeat for the entire campaign
              And lets not forget about those RPG missions

Anonymous

3 = ODST > 1 > Reach > 2 > 4

I kind of hate Reach’s multiplayer but it’s campaign is honestly pretty good, while 2’s multiplayer is pretty fun but you can see the cracks from the crunch they had to do.

Anonymous

2’s multiplayer was simultaneously enhanced and hanpered by the BXR combo. It’s a fucking neat maneuver that raises the skill cap in BR gunplay but renders most of the sandbox moot. Wish they never removed the flying sword trick from subsequent games though

Anonymous

4>CE>HW2>5>2>HW>ODST>R>3

Anonymous

>Campaigns
        ODST > Reach > 1 > 3 > 2 > 4

>Multiplayer
        2 > 3 > 1 > Reach = 4

Didn’t play 5

Anonymous

Fuck I actually agree with him Almost. I’d put 1’s campaign over Reach

Anonymous

Campaign
        1 > 3 > 2 > ODST > Reach

Multiplayer
        3 > 1 > 2 > Reach

Anonymous

2>3>ODST=1>reach>4
        i have fun with all of them but to me this is my rank

Anonymous

Halo 2 > Good Games > Halo 3 > Halo CE > ODST > Halo 5 > Call of Duty Ghosts > Halo 4

Anonymous

>Campaign
        2>CE>ODST>3>Reach>4

>MP
        3>CE>4>2>5>Reach

Anonymous

5 < 4 < 1 < Reach < 2 < 3 < ODST

Anonymous

have a nice day 343drone

Anonymous

It’s amazing how a game from 2007 has better water physics than it’s sequel from five years later. Like even on a technical level 343 are fuckups.

Anonymous

>shoots a barrel that was sunk
          >it floats
          >then sinks again

???

Anonymous

Doom Eternal > Gaylo

Anonymous

How the fuck did you make doom eternal look boring as fuck.

Anonymous

Wow, now I really want to play Halo Infinite’s campaign, thanks man.

Anonymous

Yes, 5 is even better.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>finally after dreaming of flying the pelican for 13 years, i finally get my hands on her
        >it’s an open sky mission
        >almost no enemies
        >it controls like ass
        >no hordes of elites and grunts to gun down
        >and to top it all of, 343 butchered the design.
        never felt so robbed in my life.

Anonymous

you can fly it in reach

Anonymous

WAHT in multiplayer? i didn’t play much other than team death match.

Anonymous

No, there’s an easter egg on the New Alexandria mission in Reach to turn the Falcon into a Pelican and a Banshee into a Phantom. I think in MCC they added them both to Forge mode now though.

Anonymous

guys
      i really only liked halo 2

Anonymous

I played Halo 3, and I couldn’t stop thinking, did boomers thought this was good gameplay? The movement is so fucking slow, the weapons so unsatisfying. What do people see about it except nostalgia?

Anonymous

It was one of the first games for the 360

Anonymous

I’m one of the autistic retards who bothered to finish all the games (Except for Halo 5) on Legendary. Including the goddamn Spartan Ops.

Halo 4 is on par with Reach. Which means that it’s an absolutely shitty experience. The multiplayer is horrible with gimmicks that don’t belong in Halo and really shitty maps, the single player is a bunch of set-pieces that are pretty to look at but you barely interact with, and whenever it isn’t that it’s just a huge amount of enemies with a lot of hp who automatically dodge all granades and who have no tactics, no formation and no real strategy to beat you except for the fact that they oneshot you and take ages to kill with anything that isn’t a noob combo.

Halo 2 might be hell to play on Legendary, with a shitload of issues and only a few viable strategies, but on all other difficulties it offers you a variety of good strategies and tools to not only kick ass, but have fun.
      Halo 4 bullies you into using precision weapons even at heroic or normal, and those precision weapons barely have any ammo. The enemies are overdesigned garbage.

Halo 4 is gay and stupid and you’re gay and stupid for liking it.

If you also play the Spartan Ops you’ll see what I mean even more.
      >Every single bad component from the campaign is repeated here, but for a million boring missions
      >You can’t even lose because you respawn when you die, so nothing is even a real challenge
      >This shit somehow had a better story than the actual Halo 4 campaign, and still everything goes to shit in the first 5 minutes of Halo 5, so it’s worthless to play it

Just don’t bother with this shit, man.
      Remember in Halo 3 when you had to fight 2 scarabs and could use 90000 different strategies to fight them both? Halo 4 has none of that shit. They put you in a Mantis and send 90 Banshees your way. If you don’t use the Mantis you fucking die. Smoothbrain game design and anti-fun.

Anonymous

>Halo 4 is on par with Reach.
        Stopped reading there. 4 is not just a terrible Halo, it’s a terrible video game

Anonymous

So is Reach. That was my point. The only people who like Reach unironically are fucking children who weren’t old enough to play the OG 3 when they came out or COD faggots.

Anonymous

Nah bro. As bad as both of them are, there is a magnitude of difference between them in quality. 4 is that bad.

Anonymous

This. I’ll play Reach over 4 any day of the week

Anonymous

Notice how they go into complete defense mode when you talk shit about it since their narrative falls apart.

Anonymous

This is a lie. Played ce on PC day it released. Reach is fun

Anonymous

>I’m one of the autistic retards

Yep, you definitely are.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Halo 4 sucks solely because of the godawful earrape sound design. Every sound peaks like hell and you can hear distortion.

Anonymous

Play on legendary and you’ll see why people hate it. The Prometheans are miserable to fight against

Anonymous

Agreed, I liked 4’s campaign a lot. It bothers to actually do something with Master Chief and Cortana as characters and give them an arc, most of the campaign missions are pretty fun like the sprawling jungle or the one where you’re riding on that giant ass artillery vehicle, and even the Prometheans aren’t THAT much of a hassle if you know what you’re doing. It’s not on par with the original trilogy but it’s decent.

It’s the multiplayer in Halo 4 that’s hot garbage, and 5’s multiplayer (while an improvement objectively speaking) isn’t much better. Halo 5 is the one that completely botched its campaign in every way. Reach’s campaign is fine, but narratively boring. CE is overrated as fuck and that was my very first Halo game.

I’d rank the story modes like this, probably:

2 > 3 > ODST > 4 > CE > Reach > 5

Anonymous

Retard take

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Na, the story was ass and a lot of the designs were ugly. Cortana was the only good thing going for it when she wasn’t talking.

Anonymous

>actually has a plot with structure, not just you dicking around doing pointless bullshit
      So you didn’t play the game or are a 343 shill.

Anonymous

Halo Reach plot:
        >The covenant invade
        >One ship is nuked, yay, we’re saved
        >They actually have 89 trillion ships bigger than that
        >The planet is nuked
        >Cortana is delivered
        >A bunch of people with the charisma of rocks die in cutscenes before they even have enough lines of dialogue to let you form any kind of opinion on them

Halo 4 plot
        >You thought the Elite being your allies was cool huh? Syke, we undid that
        >Remember how you were a badass supersoldier? Now you’re a psychotic manchild whose only relationship is with a piece of software and who is ready to throw away the most prestigious military career of the history of humanity to chase that virtual youtuber chick around while she’s bitching and complaining that she’s Pinocchio and not a real girl
        >Hey did you read every terminal in 3 and all the supplementary material? No? Didn’t do your homework? Well, did you find all the terminals in THIS game? NO? Well, too bad, now everything that will be said will sound like mumbo jumbo to you
        >Some guy hates humans because…well, did you read the supplementary material yet? NO???? Then how about this: he’s really bad, mmmmkay?
        >Bad guy gets killed (later, in a comic book. He doesn’t actually die in this game) by a QTE.
        >Cortana fucking kills herself and the idiotic manchild that is Master Chief only now realizes that he’s mentally ill for only having one loved one and it being a piece of software with a 7 year expiration date (But she doesn’t actually die, she just became evil in prehistoric internet)

These plots are fucking bad, man.

Anonymous

Reach is still better because you didn’t need to do any homework before hand (except play CE for 10 minutes)

Anonymous

You could argue that Halo 4 is better because you at least cared a little bit about 2 of the characters and didn’t know from the get-go who was gonna die (while Reach implies everyone fucking dies immediately) so you actually cared about what happens to them.

Trying to find little upsides like mine or yours serves no purpose. We needn’t find which one is less shit. We can just agree and hold hands and proclaim that they’re both worthless games.

Anonymous

Reach had a plot?

Anonymous

Yes. It’s about 2 minutes long and spread between like 4 missions.
            And despite being very short, it’s still not worth your time.

Anonymous

I think 4 rushed a cortana/chief relationship thing too quickly, but it seemed like the direction bungie was going anyways.

Anonymous

How the fuck is Reach unbalanced? I just started it up on Legendary and its fucking fun. Never knew the skills were so good back when I played Reach in 2011 as a retarded 11 year old. I just thought everything but jetpack was good. Using Hologram to trick Hunters into turning their back or baiting a sniper is fucking fun mixed in with quick swapping back to sprint to close distance or healing witj drop Shield. The weapons are all fun too except that Noob combo still rules the meta.

Anonymous

Those vehicle heavy levels are so bad though

Anonymous

Good bait thread.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Oh no. Some random bitch I met on like two missions who dropped obnoxious quirky one-liners and whose name barely registered with me get killed. So emotional…

Anonymous

When that happened I thought "Finally that stupid smug bitch now shuts up instead of spewing sci-fi technobabble and tryharding to seem tough".
        If she had an actual personality other than being aggressively aggressive I might have cared.

Anonymous

I hated Kat so this made me laugh.

Anonymous

I hated the entire zero-presence and zero-charisma cast so I found the whole killing off noble team with dramatic, emotional string swell music shtick to be absolutely comical. Literally the only good thing about the game and it’s an unintentionally so-bad-it’s-good moment.

Anonymous

Me too, I felt nothing for any character in Reach even my own character, I just didn’t give a damn.

Anonymous

>has a plot with structure
      Too bad it end in a cliffhanger that is closed in comics and that Halo 5 ignore everything that appened in Halo 4

Anonymous

I play games for the gameplay and I felt 4 had the worst gameplay. Prometheans sucked to fight and the guns overall felt the worst they had ever been.
      I’m glad you enjoyed the writing but I play games for gameplay. I’m sure
      was meant to be your commentary on gameplay but you never actually said what’s wrong with it so I can only assume you were focused entirely on the story.

Anonymous

>free weekend

So what’s the best Halo game to download for the multiplayer?
      I pirated singleplayer for one of the games and the guns felt like peashooters complete with shitty sfx so I’m not doing that again.

Anonymous

CE, 3 or 5

CE has the most powerful weapons, including the pistol that can kill in three shots. weapons spawn on a timer rather than scarcity (meaning that in every game after CE, you can only have one rocket launcher at a time, one sniper rifle, etc), the maps are kino, and it’s generally a perfect game with the exception of invulnerable vehicles.

Anonymous

isn’t there a pretty good big team battle mode in halo 4? I’m dling now to check it out

Anonymous

Yes, they have been 100% memeing. There are a bunch of weird Reach autists who have stepdaddy issues and were upset that Halo was married to someone new, so they’re determined to hate everything Halo 4 and 5.

In reality:
      >based soundtrack, no more onerous gregorian chanting
      >beautiful graphics for the time
      >successful implementation of reach’s shitty ass attempt at loadouts
      >a plot that makes sense for once, plus no more excruciating blueballs over 4 games and two decades about "MUH PROMETHEANS"
      >no flood, the worst and most boring enemy type ever put into a video game
      >an entire new faction of enemies, rather than "oh yeah here’s one more covenant species"

Anonymous

is there multiplayer?? or is it just the campaign

Anonymous

If it wasn’t for the fact that 343i only cares about their multiplayer and the only fans of Halo 4 are IGN journos, I’d be inclined to accuse you of being a shill. But instead I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and call you the deluded faggot with shit taste you are.
      >Prometheans being fucking annoying to fight with every variant just a compounding "lol can’t kill me" stack of dog swarms and knights with their grenade deleting hoverSIMPs
      >Horrifyingly bad Covenant redesigns to turn everything into a bad Marvel Comic alien
      >Elites becoming bumbling thicc retards
      >AI clearly downgraded
      >Music belongs in a Michael Bay movie, completely unforgettable and interchangeable with any other big hollywood blockbuster
      >Retcons out the ass
      >Spartan armor looking like a bad Crysis fever dream
      >Chief is now Space Jesus because the Librarian must be a fucking palm reader or some shit and she just knew in the future her dickhead husband would come back for reasons because he’s just evil so she’s gotta lay the framework to create Chief thousands of years in the future to defeat him because he’s the only one who can
      >The fucking retarded "oh no dude Cortana is going CRAZY" story arc that was basically mommy milky Cortana looking like she’s going to cry all the time yelling at everyone
      >AR is literally the SCAR from MW2
      >Despite using the Reach engine it somehow looks worse than 3.
      343i are incompetent hacks who have been learning from their mistakes for almost a fucking decade now and are just now seemingly about to release a decent game.

Anonymous

>only talks about the campaign
      this is shit bait

Anonymous

Destiny 2 multiplayer is miles better than any Halo one. You can’t change my mind.

Anonymous

It’s hard to change a retarded mind.

Anonymous

Friendly reminder that r/blacked has a 52% user overlap with r/destiny2

Anonymous

Idk about Destiny 2 but Halo has a very overrated MP. The trilogy was influential at the time but its very dated in 2021.

Anonymous

christ anon get a grip

Anonymous

>this entire thread

Anonymous

The only good Halo was 2, and it was a fluke that will never be repeated.
      Of course I’m talking about multiplayer because no one gives a fuck about Halo campaigns.

Anonymous

>tfw no pc port of halo 5
      >tfw halo 5 will die once infinite is released

Anonymous

And nothing of value was lost
        Except for the forge I guess but Infinite and MCC Forge are getting script writing anyway.

Anonymous

I knew about Infinite but what’s that about MCC Forge?

Anonymous

As written, they intend on introducing more of H5’s minute forge features to MCC. /Eventually/, mind you. Who knows how long it’ll be.

Anonymous

People just have a hate boner for 343 because muh covenant designs
      They don’t want to admit that 343 was never as bad as they pretended and didn’t really ruin Halo

Anonymous

Shouldn’t you be working on Infinite shit O’Connor?

Anonymous

>People just have a hate boner for 343 because…
        Not only do they release shit games but they put the branding of a beloved series on it. have a nice day.

Anonymous

REEE YOU’RE NOT MY REAL DAD, 343i!

Anonymous

The only people who disagree are zoomers and third worlders. You will never fit in.

Anonymous

I’m a 36 year old white blooded cishet American who played CE on release on the original xbox hueg controllers.

You’re the zoomer retard here, my friend. 😉

Anonymous

That’s what I said

Anonymous

Where the fuck does "The sandbox" come from?
      I’ve never heard this term used anywhere except for Halo and even then not until recent years

Anonymous

Everyone’s favorite, totally not paid off halotuber Hiddenexperia.
        Anyone denying this is wrong.

Anonymous

bungie devteam nomenclature that normalfags and techlets cling to like gospel

Anonymous

4’s biggest crimes are related to its MP. Your loadout hate that Halo: Reach had? There’s a perk in 4 to make your shields regenerate sooner and faster, and it’s all in one. So’s one to not descope when shot.

Anonymous

>4’s biggest crimes are related to its MP. Your loadout hate that Halo: Reach had? There’s a perk in 4 to make your shields regenerate sooner and faster, and it’s all in one. So’s one to not descope when shot.

you can remove the loadouts and perks in the multiplayer options, but you can’t remove sprint.

if 343 had a h4 classic playlist it wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much hate

Anonymous

Yeah and sprint was a mere option in Reach, competing with jetpacks, active camo, fucking ARMOR LOCK, and sometimes that Drop Shield. Evade too, which IMO I liked better than Sprint but it doesn’t feature in a lot of playlists.

Sprint became a default while having all of that in 4.

Anonymous

IMO that makes it even worse, because you feel the absence of sprint much harder. Maps don’t suddenly shrink again if you switch to a jetpack loadout.

Anonymous

>tfw no smol gf

Anonymous

>Campaign
      ODST>CE>2>3>Reach>4>Guardians

>MP
      3>Guardians>Reach>CE>2>4

Reach looks disgusting and is the worst offender of breaking the look of the series.

Anonymous

The fact that the good, fun weapons always run out of ammo 1/3 through the level and you get stuck using the boring shitty Promethean garbage for the rest is enough toc condemn 4’s campaign alone.

Anonymous

What is it about these games that manage to produce the most seethe?

Anonymous

I’ve said it like six times. These faggots can’t stand that someone else was making their MISTER CHEF games besides Bungie. It’s pure stepdaddy shit.

Bungie enjoyed sort of a semi-mythical status among its fanbase, as they were an insanely interactive developer who constantly highlighted community contribution. They were good about putting specific employees out front with jokey memes, which gave a monolithic corporation with literally hundreds of employees the feeling of being a small indie dev. People identified strongly with Bungie and defended everything they did, even the phoned-in trash like Reach. Oddly enough, there is almost no overlap between Halo fans and Destiny fans.

Anonymous

Nah, I’ve been studying these fags for a while now, they’re lorefags from reddit, wouldn’t even be surprised if that faggot Halo Canon larps here since we know that Eld guy and Hidden guy and that Harupiss guy all larp here.

Anonymous

the contrarian 4fag still posts here lol

Anonymous

bad enemy/level design and trash melodrama plot
      somehow still not as bad as 5 however

Anonymous

>this game sucks, and it sucks suck suckity suck sucks, but why do you guys say it sucks? You memin?

Anonymous

Man just shill Infinite directly you aren’t going to convince anyone that 343i’s other games retroactively don’t suck shit.

Anonymous

Humans = Forerunners
      *ahem*
      FUCK BOOKSHIT
      FUCK 3 TERMINALS
      FUCK FRAKIE’S LORE
      FUCK M$
      FUCK 343i

Anonymous

Why did they have six fingers in Halo CE

Anonymous

The Prophets having the Elites killed because Arbiter’s squad learned about Forerunnners being human makes much more sense than what we got in the game.

Anonymous

>Liking 4 and calling reach shit
      This board is genuinely an autistic men kindergarten

Anonymous

look at the thread ip count

Anonymous

fuck off melanoid
        YOU KNOW most of us hate halo 4, dont conflate one retard to the entire population

Anonymous

doombro to halobros, questions.
      is the MCC updated and good?, because I saw several videos about how 343i abandoned their game and they hate the franchise so much.
      why the need to have TWO weapons (i want ALL the weapons)?
      any tips to understand the games?
      how many factions are (spartans, odst, etc)?.
      are the OCs that appears on several social media canon?
      if so, how can I create a character?

that’s all.

Anonymous

Prepare to be fucking bored. Halo is fucking garbage.

Anonymous

Don’t bother with MCC, get them on the original hardware.
        Even then, I cannot guarantee that you will enjoy them.

Anonymous

Went to try this with the intent to marathon all the games, got a prompt for making a Microsoft account, and then uninstalled it.

Anonymous

Where the fuck is Halo 5 for PC? Is Infinite really going to come out before 5 does for PC?

Anonymous

Mfw I see all the disgusting halo 4 trannys in the thread

Anonymous

AAAAAAAAAAA IVE BEEN TROLLLED
      AAAAAAAAA
      HALO 4 WORST STORY
      HALO 4 WORST ENEMY DESIGN
      HALO 4 WORST MULTIPLAYER EVEN HALO 5 MULTIPLAYER BETTER

Anonymous

MADE AN OOPS Ganker MAN ADD AN EDIT BUTTON FOR FUCKS SAKE:
        HALO 5 EVEN WORSE STORY THAN HALO 4

Anonymous

I just started playing Halo for the first time. People really like this series? The gameplay is usually walk slowly to this arena and wait for waves of the same enemies that have too much health to die so you can open the next door.

Anonymous

>he wanted another Doom clone
        Some devs are still making those games anon.

Anonymous

Serious question. Why the ever-loving fuck would you buy a game on Steam if the Steam service only negatively impacts the game and you can’t access the game without going through another third party service that has to be active at the same fucking time? What value is there in Steam if all it does is mandatorily eat more RAM and redirect you through to another store’s services?

Anonymous

taking away 30% of the revenue?

Anonymous

Woo. So Steam gets a 30% cut and the game takes 200MB more RAM to run. Such a value for the consumer.

Anonymous

just close steam while you play tranny

Anonymous

So I’m giving Steam 30% for…. what?

Anonymous

Why do you think this post belongs in this thread schizo

Anonymous

Because if you buy the MCC from Steam it starts through Steam and then bounces you through Microsoft’s XBL account services. Meanwhile, Microsoft has it for sale for the same price on their store.

Anonymous

k

Anonymous

>saves halo
      kneel Bungietards

Anonymous

>titanfall wannabe
        No thanks. I want to play Halo, not an rip-off of another game.

Anonymous

>sprint is only barely faster than just walking
        what’s the point

Anonymous

Giving zoom zooms their speed placebo, don’t think too much about it.

Anonymous

When I play Infinite’s campaign, I don’t think I’ll be able to play the past games ever again.

Anonymous

>Infinite will be so bad it ruins the entire series retroactively
          a bold but accurate prediction

Anonymous

nah, Infinite has an actual balanced weapon and vehicle sandbox unlike any Bungie game

Anonymous

tf are you talking about? AR is way OP in infinite

Anonymous

no every pick up weapon is better, except pp maybe

Anonymous

HAHAHAHA LOOK HOW QUICK YOU SLOW IN MID AIR HAHAHAHA

Anonymous

Why does every match end so fast in Halo 3?
      This game is what console diverse folk are so fond about? Really?

Anonymous

we had more standards back then

Anonymous

>actually has a plot with structure, not just you dicking around doing pointless bullshit until the last three missions where the devs realised they need to quickly set up for the start of the first Halo

Was Reach’s story that bad?

Anonymous

Not OP but yes, didn’t help that the campaign was crap too.

Anonymous

It has some retarded points, like a giga supercarrier bieng invisible. But other than that, it’s just lorefags that are salty the game has little to do with the book.

Anonymous

Not a lorefag, it was just shit, Halo 1-3 were better, how do you go from saving the entire galaxy for three games to this?

Anonymous

>dicking around doing pointless bullshit
        what was pointless? picking up cortana?

Anonymous

If anyone says they enjoy halo 4 or even ‘It’s not that bad’ I will disregard everything they say as theyre clearly a full on retard

Anonymous

Halo 4 isn’t that bad
        Liking traps makes you gay

Anonymous

I don’t really blame OP, Reach’s campaign look any game look good in comparison no matter how bad it is.

Anonymous

*makes

Anonymous

4tana is best tana

Anonymous

I thought the campaign was passable, most of my complaints came from multiplayer
      >milquetoast maps
      >loadouts meant that you were at a disadvantage if you didn’t take drm + plasma pistol + plasma grenades
      >vehicles were hot garbage because of the above loadout
      >shitty armor, gaudy visuals overall
      >zombies in infection were limited to swords so you couldn’t have certain gamemodes like ghostbusters
      >obligatory >sprint
      >forerunner weapons lacked identity and mostly seemed like tweaked UNSC weapons aside from the pistol and grenade
      >no assault, juggernaut, or VIP/race (gotta have muh grifball though)
      I did like headhunter I’ll give it that. I also did think the SAW and railgun were nice additions.
      It’s been nearly 9 years since I last touched the game so there’s probably more I didn’t like with it.

Anonymous

Forerunner… or ANY weapon design is better than pink/alien laser/blaster design ffs.

Anonymous

Are there any mods that replace the art style with H2A?

Anonymous

>>actually has a plot with structure, not just you dicking around doing pointless bullshit until the last three missions where the devs realised they need to quickly set up for the start of the first Halo
      bait shut up

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.