Help, I’m being SHOA’d.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Help, I’m being SHOA’d.

• This topic has 89 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Help, I’m being SHOA’d.
      I can’t play a fucking demo because I’m on winblows LTSC? wtf?

Anonymous

lol pwnd

Anonymous

rekt

Anonymous

Looks like you’ll have to install W11 :^)

Anonymous

They put in a software check to exclude LTSC lol
      If you’re a hacker man you can probably disable the check and then it will maybe work.

Anonymous

Why the fuck do you need an enterprise edition of windows you colossal retard. Let me guess, you fell for the ‘bigger is better’ meme?

Anonymous

No. They explicitly want a windows version that doesn’t have any updates.

Anonymous

I heard ltsc is less bloated so I got it.

Anonymous

Because the normal versions suck.

Anonymous

It trims back on bullshit and the group policy editor is based. Now why do they not update it? I’m not sure. I got enterprise for the features but I keep it up to date because of stuff like this. Staying on 18xx updates is retarded and you gain very little from it. Enterprise edition isn’t supposed to be on that update anymore and it hasn’t been in years.

Anonymous

Using an enterprise version of windows at home on a consoomer PC is even more retarded than Linux shills.

Anonymous

Not particularly. It gives me more control over my PC which i like and also I keep it updated so I don’t run into any issues. What’s my downside?

Anonymous

Either trolling or you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Anonymous

>Now why do they not update it? I’m not sure
          That’s the whole point of LTSC you fucking retard.

Anonymous

Why would you force yourself to that? The updates don’t affect anyone in any negative way. You can always postpone updates for 6 months at a time.

Anonymous

Because they’re fucking worthless. There is literally nothing to be gained from updates that aren’t security related.

Anonymous

You can’t enable gsync/freesync on Windows 7 because the WDDM is too old.
                You can’t enable raytracing,DLSS,HW GPU scheduling, Ryzen scheduling on LTSC because the build is too old.
                You can’t trim your SSD on Windows XP which absolutely wrecks its performance overtime.
                Future GPU drivers required by games will need a certain Windows build version to install. Nvidia already locks out people running lower than LTSC.

Updates are important.

Anonymous

>Now why do they not update it? I’m not sure.
            LTSC means long term support retard. Its meant to be a stable version that cuts back on bloat for businesses to prevent an update completely fucking them over.

Yes and the long term stable update currently is way past 18xx versions. You guys get this then never update again which is not the point.

Anonymous

>Now why do they not update it? I’m not sure.
          LTSC means long term support retard. Its meant to be a stable version that cuts back on bloat for businesses to prevent an update completely fucking them over.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

retards fell for the
        >win10 is fine! just use ltsc it removes the spyware! it’s just as good as win7!
        now they’re stuck with an inferior OS that still can’t do w10 shit.

Anonymous

Many such cases.

Anonymous

you love to see it

Anonymous

Why the fuck do you need an enterprise edition of windows you colossal retard. Let me guess, you fell for the ‘bigger is better’ meme?

Ganker uses LTSC because they don’t do anything on their Windows computers.
          You should be using Pro. No ads, policy editor, good updates that won’t force itself on you, and everything else you need.
          Fucking retards I swear. Never listen to Ganker

Anonymous

>You should be using Pro.
            You mean Education. It’s a bloat free version of Pro with Enterprise features but it’s actually available at retail. By far the best version for everyone.

Anonymous

>available at retail
              Who the fuck BUYS Windows?
              Hahhahhahah

Anonymous

That’s not what i meant. Being available at retail means it gets the exact same treatment, such as updates, as Pro. Enterprise can be a nuisance for major ugprades, like going from 21h1 to 21h2.

Anonymous

Oh, okay.
                  Yeah I’ve used Education too. It’s pretty great.

Anonymous

LTSC builds are ancient. That’s the whole point of "long term servicing channel". You don’t get the latest features or consumer support in return you get stability. Dumb faggot.

Anonymous

very rude. how was I supposed to know in advance that some companies won’t allow me to play?

Anonymous

Microsoft literally tells you what to expect on their LTSC pages. Your fault for not doing research. You should have got the education edition. No bloat but latest features.

Anonymous

Ganker doesn’t play video games, nor do they care for them.

Anonymous

Go and complain in the steam discussion section that you want 1809 support.

Anonymous

[…]

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1446780/discussions/0/3122675677662812511/
        It works on LTSC, capcom just fucked up, although this is a beta after all.

Anonymous

OP here, thanks, it works.

Anonymous

OP here, thanks, it works.

If you have to use compatibility mode to play modern games, seriously consider upgrading your fucking OS, this is just pathetic.

Anonymous

And that is why im upgrading to Linux eventally.

Why would you force yourself to that? The updates don’t affect anyone in any negative way. You can always postpone updates for 6 months at a time.

If only, updates are known for breaking Windows all the time, that is why the fact that you are forced to update is so hated.
            You often get worse performance, something breaks and you have to fix it, you get compatibility problems every now and then, etc.
            LTSC just stays in the same version and nothing changes so it is always stable and easy to fix problems, this way you just update every 3 years when you want and everything will be fine.

Anonymous

>If only, updates are known for breaking Windows all the time, that is why the fact that you are forced to update is so hated.
              >You often get worse performance, something breaks and you have to fix it, you get compatibility problems every now and then, etc.
              None of this is true at all besides printing services getting fucked form time to time.

Anonymous

Agreed. I unironically enjoy manually running Windows Update and have been using it XP to Vista to 7 to 10 and now 11. I’ve never had Windows Update "break" anything.

Anonymous

>download this
      https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/directx12agility/
      >create a new folder in the same folder as the game and call it "D3D12"
      >extract D3D12Core.dll to that folder

Anonymous

Stop using LTSC you fucking retarded faggot OP

Anonymous

I will stop using Windows LTSC once linux can run all "modern" games without problems.

Anonymous

Which LTSC are you using? 1809?

No surprise you can’t run games, games uses modern DX12 features only available on 20H1/20H2 and 21H1, you’re out of luck period

Stop being a retard, LTSC has no advantages period

Anonymous

1809, and rise runs with no problems.
            The fact that i stay on 1809 and updates are not fucking with everything is an advantage.

Anonymous

Based anon putting retards in their place.

Anonymous

If you’re running windows 10 and it isnt LTSC, you’re literally an idiot

Anonymous

KEK BOOMERSCHIZOS BTFO
      update to a working version, cucks

Anonymous

can’t yuzu run this shit
      who cares anywag

Anonymous

>He fell for the LTSC meme
      Lmao

Anonymous

>he fell for the LTSC meme

Anonymous

>ltsc
      Based retard

Anonymous

>he fell for LTSC meme

Anonymous

Holy shilling in this thread

Anonymous

[…]

Cope linuxtards

Anonymous

how the fuck do you fix the ctd?

Anonymous

This wouldn’t be an issue if Capcom had implemented the Gun Sword from Lost Planet 2 as a new weapon class

Anonymous

How do you even get windows enterprise/LTSC legally

not that I mind pirating but I’d need it in a situation where it’d need to be a legit liscense

Anonymous

You get a VL license which is usually $5,000-50,000 based in where you live and work.

Anonymous

You could also get a key from a reseller site.
        It will be legal but not permanent, it will be $5-10, useful if you are under software audits.

Anonymous

>using an outdated OS
      >mad new games won’t run
      Should’ve installed Server 2022 (based on Windows 10 21H2 (the newest version)) instead.

Anonymous

It runs though, the problem is just capcom being retarded.

Anonymous

Instead of getting the meme builds you could have just got Education

Anonymous

First time I’ve ever seen this problem. Bizarre.

Anonymous

Why the fuck would you install a LTSC distro on a fucking PC for gaming?

Anonymous

Unironically just fucking commit. Use Windows, or don’t. Hell have two PCs, one for Linux and one for Windows and games and stuff. These weird half measures trying to outsmart your own OS are fucking dumb as hell.

Anonymous

>have two PCs, one for Linux and one for Windows and games and stuff
        Or you can run Windows 11 in a VM on a Linux host.

Anonymous

>Or you can run Windows 11 in a VM on a Linux host.
          If you have a second GPU and use the main one for passthrough, this is a legitimate way of gaming on PC. The overhead is around 5% or so.

Anonymous

>all these faggots who have no idea what LTSC actually is

Anonymous

>SHOA not SHODAN
      insect

Anonymous

>2021
      >windows 10 is STILL trash for vidya
      lol
      lmao

Anonymous

huh?

Anonymous

what % of games you tried you couldn’t run on linux or had to do extensive (>30 minutes) research to get to work?
        Gaming is about the only reason I’m not a linux main.

Anonymous

I only play games that are gold+, haven’t really done any research since proton came out.

Anonymous

Not him but most games RUN, most of them perfectly, specially recent/popular ones.
          If a game is not running then you make a thread on the proton github, it will run in 2 weeks-1 month after that and after 2+ months it will run perfectly.
          The only game i have tried that doesnt run at all recently is maplestory, then again i dualboot for such cases.
          Kerbal had some physics issues but it seems that they are fixed now, space engineers too had physics issues but it runs without problems.
          If you have an AMD GPU everything will run perfect, if you have a Nvidia GPU (newer than fermi) expect some minor problems that can be fixed easily, if you have a old intel GPU expect lots of problems.

Anonymous

yeah I have a 5700xt but it gave me a ton of troubles with microstuttering until I altered the power settings and downloaded clockblocker. they fucked up this card. thanks.

Anonymous

Any game that isnt listed gold+ is usually a multiplayer game or has some wierd 3rd party DRM going on/both
          for steam games i look on protondb and look for fixes, 95% of the time those fixes work
          for brand new games(like <1 week AAA) support can range from great to shit and you might have to look up the games issue page to see progress. Doom eternal took about 4 days to run smoothly but most the work i did was getting a custom GloriousEggroll build and installing new Nvidia drivers that the repository didnt add yet(one of the main reasons steam is using arch for that matter is because the package manager wont break if you install a newer binary/custom packages, a lesson i learned the hard way as i was using fedora at the time).
          So yeah, three lessons, protondb +gloriouseggroll, drivers, and separate your /home partition from the rest of your OS so you can distrohop without losing data.

Anonymous

>have problems with worthless Win10 professional
      >switch to LTSC
      >get different kinds of problems with it
      Why the fuck did I ever upgrade from Win7 holy shit Win10 fucking sucks.

Anonymous

What problems

Anonymous

Before on professional? Literally every big update fucked my sound settings and reverted them back to default, there was a few other things it fucked with but it was the audio that kept pissing me off so I switched to LTSC so I won’t get my shit broke which worked.

Anonymous

works on my machine bro

maybe like you have to step up your skills game and get gud

Anonymous

>He fell for the LTSC meme
      You deserve it for listening to Ganker rejects on Ganker

Anonymous

works on my Intel+Nvidia Windows 10 machine

Anonymous

Should have used tweaked education with updates disabled

Anonymous

LTSC is the honeypot shilled by windows poojeets for Gankertards who think they’ll be using a windows build without telemetry (LMAO)

Anonymous

>LTSC
        Windows in general you mean.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.