Here’s your Evangelion game bro

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Here’s your Evangelion game bro

• This topic has 315 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 61 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Here’s your Evangelion game bro

Anonymous

woah woah, why is her plugsuit white

Anonymous

Watch the final movie

Anonymous

The movie was hot fucking garbage more than half of the movie is just battle ship comms dialogue

Anonymous

Imagine watching the Rebuilds unironically

Anonymous

>NEW BAD

Anonymous

It is in this case
              Soulless trash designed to add another waifu with which to peddle more merchandise

Anonymous

>new better

Anonymous

>Rebuilds
          Nah

Anonymous

NAh I don’t think I will

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know about Evangelion Imagery

Anonymous

Because it’s her burial clothes.

Anonymous

racism

Anonymous

She join the KKK NERV branch.

Anonymous

Watch the final movie

Anything after EoE isn’t worth watching. Also kind of related but is there any decent NGE games? The DS Rei caretaking sim and the N64 game come to mind.

Anonymous

There’s an untranslated PS2 strategy RPG game that’s very indepth and Anno wrote a bunch of what-if scenarios you can play out.

Anonymous

>DS Rei caretaking sim
          I had no idea this existed. Is it good?

Anonymous

It’s called Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ayanami Raising Project. Pretty much raise her and do stuff together. Genuinely a decent game for what it is.

Anonymous

So that’s a port of the JAP dreamcast game?

Anonymous

I don’t know but I spent a retarded amount of money to import the ds version because I have a rei obsession.

Anonymous

Because that’s the fake Shikinami Asuka.
        Souryu Asuka only shows up for a single scene in the rebuild anime.

Anonymous

[spoiler]
          >Shinji literally mans the fuck up and attains godhood
          >he can do ANYTHING now
          >he decides to go visit the real EoE Asuka
          >"Yeah I liked you too bitch. Say hi to Kenken for me."
          >YEET
          [/spoiler]
          I am beyond fucking mad at Anno for that last 20 minutes.

Anonymous

>[spoiler]>Shinji literally mans the fuck up and attains godhood
            >>he can do ANYTHING now
            >>he decides to go visit the real EoE Asuka
            >>"Yeah I liked you too bitch. Say hi to Kenken for me."
            >>YEET[/spoiler]
            wait, gimme a synopsis of what actually happens in the last few minutes, I’m never gonna watch it so don’t worry about spoilers

Anonymous

[spoiler]
              Gendo becomes Lord of the Keikaku and activates the Third Impact, the Fourth Impact, and the MOTHERFUCKING ADDITIONAL IMPACT all at once. Shinji acts horribly depressed for the first half of the movie, but ReiQ gives him the pep talk of a lifetime and gets him on his feet again, only for her to get Tang’d in front of him (Gendo did it on purpose to hurt Shinji because fuck you). Shinji then goes back to Misato, who stops being a grumpy cunt and gets her shit together, and they go to whoop Gendo’s ass. Shinji at a later point in the film goes god mode because various circumstances. Shinji then gets in the fucking robot of his own will, fights Gendo who is in 13, and eventually Gendo breaks down and explains his life story of how he was a depressed kid like Shinji but was saved by Yui, who then goes poof inside 01. This prompts Gendo to make a deal with the devil (SEELE) to get her back, at the cost of Tang.

Turns out Gendo was fucking wrong, and Yui was never in 01. She was instead inside Shinji, which is why he could never find her. Shinji then foils Gendo’s plan with her help, and then goes to save everyone. Asuka is pulled off the EOE beach and sent back to reality. Rei (real Rei from 1.0 and the TV series) is sent back to reality. Shinji then sits alone in the void, content to just disappear, but Mari pulls him out and saves him. Mari then wins the Shinjibowl and pisses everyone off.

Note this summary skips over all the massive amounts of 2deep4u and "what the fuck is that" Biblical references.
              [/spoiler]

Anonymous

sounds like the story was better off disconnected from the original plot an should have stayed in the future of the rebuilds. did you like the movie? was it any good?

Anonymous

Not him, but I really liked all of the new Evangelion films. They’re literally a sequel to all of the originals. Everything is canon. It is both a retelling of the story, and the continuation. The entire thing is about Shinji (Anno) breaking out of the cycle of remaking Evangelion.

Anonymous

>The entire thing is about Shinji (Anno) breaking out of the cycle of remaking Evangelion.

And that’s exactly why the rebuilds are terrible. Meta commentary is garbage.

Anonymous

The entire series was meta from the start, dude. Maybe it wasn’t intended to be, but the second their budget got slashed, it became a meta series.

Anonymous

the show is still about shinji and the rest of the cast, this sequels concept is completely disconnected from the story. MGS2 did the self-referential things the right way by having them connect to the plot.

Anonymous

Shinji was always Anno’s self insert from literally day 1. It is just that as the production of the series went on, and Anno’s own feelings came more into play, the series became more meta. Eva is literally most known because of its meta elements. It is so confusing that you’d complain about it now. This is the collimation of everything.

The story still works on a literal level. Shinji finally getting away from everything that was making him miserable, getting a girl who is not connected to Eva or his parents, being able to move on and live a real life. That is literally all anyone wanted in the Eva universe. On a literal level it works just fine too.

Anonymous

And now Anno is directing Godzilla and Ultraman movies and really happy doing it.

Anonymous

I’ll admit I’m being unfair to the Rebuilds, mostly because I watched the first three and felt like they were really just made to satisfy fans with a lot more emphasis on action. I guess I thought there’s really nothing new to see when it comes to the characters.

Anonymous

[spoiler]
                  It’s all connected. Kaworu confirmed it’s a shitton of time loops, which is why he says stuff like "I will make you happy THIS TIME" and such in 2.0 and 3.0. Gendo having two Longinus spears in 3.0 was also because he stole the Longinus spear from the EOE timeline, and it’s a major plot point as to how he’s able to activate the Additional Impact, which was not part of SEELE’s Scenario.

I personally loved the movie because it was so fucking ridiculous that it came full circle. Anno knew exactly what bullshit he was pulling, and he did it fairly well.[/spoiler]

Then why did Unit 01 go completely out of its way to protect Shinji on multiple occasions?

It’s not entirely clear. Yui is presumably in 01 since that’s what we are told in everything but 4.0. However, Gendo remarks at the end of 4.0 with "At last, now I understand why I couldn’t find you." and Shinji remarks with "She was in me the entire time" when he finally sees Yui.

Anonymous

>It’s not entirely clear. Yui is presumably in 01 since that’s what we are told in everything but 4.0. However, Gendo remarks at the end of 4.0 with "At last, now I understand why I couldn’t find you." and Shinji remarks with "She was in me the entire time" when he finally sees Yui.

i think hes refering to her ‘purposeness’, in the sense that shingi was the continuation of her and a reason for gendo to keep living, cause right as they go out of anti reality gendos with Yui in the physical/spiritual sense, but he never really got-her-back in the sense that he wanted, that being human and emotional connection

Anonymous

Then why did Unit 01 go completely out of its way to protect Shinji on multiple occasions?

Anonymous

Unit 1 did this on Rebuilds? Can’t remember.

better than the shit /a/ worships.

/a/nimals even workship watashit. They worth less than rat shit

Anonymous

sounds like the story was better off disconnected from the original plot an should have stayed in the future of the rebuilds. did you like the movie? was it any good?

You forgot:
                >Mari’s Eva was the summation of Units 00-13 simultaneously
                >"His sync rate isn’t zero, it’s infinity!"
                >The Golgotha Object in Anti-Space ties Evangelion to Planet Golgotha in the Anti-Universe from Ultra-Man

Anonymous

>Marikeks won
                agony

Anonymous

That is literally the best and only possible outcome. Anything else is just wrong. Shinji should not end up with an alcoholic, an abusive shrew, or a clone of his mom.

Shinji is no longer connected to the past. He can move on.

Anonymous

The meltdown of reifags was glorious

Anonymous

Asukafags finding out their wife was a clone was funnier.

Anonymous

I enjoyed 4.0 because it crushed everyone’s hopes and dreams
                        >Kaworufags BTFO
                        >Asukafags (myself included) BTFO
                        >Reifags BTFO

Anonymous

I’m a Reifag myself, and I was alright with how it went, but man the salt from the more obnoxious characterfags was delicious.

Anonymous

And lets not forget plotfags.

They lost the hardest.

Anonymous

There are no plotfags for eva lmao
                        Its all shippers
                        You can’t say all of them lost either because they may have been interested in the obscure shit that won

Anonymous

I’m a Reifag myself, and I was alright with how it went, but man the salt from the more obnoxious characterfags was delicious.

HAHA BASED I TOOK A STINKY SHIT IN TH ROOM AND IT MADE EVERYONE ANGRY

Anonymous

Asukafags will never fucking recover lol. They’ll be seething until the end of time.

Anonymous

Lol, he’s trying to act like he didn’t get outted as a Gankertard

Anonymous

melanoid, you’re posting on Ganker yourself, go be schizo somewhere else.

Anonymous

>reeeeeeeeee
                        That’s what I thought retard. No wonder why your such a autist, you’re not even from /a/ just some Gankertard pooping up Eva threads

Anonymous

back to >>>/a/ faggot

Anonymous

I haven’t actually seen much seething from reifags, but asukafags went completely insane. I’m just happy for my boy Shinji for finally being happy, I was never autistic enough for shipping wars.

Anonymous

That’s a lie cucktard. Reifags have been seething over that Kaworeo pic. But you’reto much of a retard ro know that

Anonymous

Man, I thought you were just seething at first, but you’re actually mentally ill.

Anonymous

Nigga, nothing you say means shit Gankertard. What? Gonna spam like you always do faggot. Keep seething because this shit is funny

Anonymous

No but you’re autistic enough to think only Asukafags were seething. Makes me thing you are a shipper

Anonymous

>I haven’t actually seen much seething from reifags
                        Anon…

Not saying it was only them, but they definitely threw the biggest fit.

Anonymous

You just did retard

Anonymous

Did what?

Anonymous

>I haven’t actually seen much seething from reifags
                        Anon…

Anonymous

I wouldnt have minded if she was an actual character. She has maybe a couple dozens lines over the course of 3 films, and has (1) super short interaction with shinji the entire time.

Anonymous

Yeah, also Kozo Fuyutsuki was an LCL clone like Rei.
                  >Mari then meets Fuyutsuki, referring to him as "Fuyutsuki-sensei", further alluding to her familiarity, and he calls her "Maria Iscariot".

Anonymous

>the Fourth Impact, and the MOTHERFUCKING ADDITIONAL IMPACT all at once

oh god, there was more?

Anonymous

Due to timeloop shenanigans, Gendo stole the Spear of Longinus from EOE’s timeline and used it in the Rebuild timeline. That’s why there were two Longinus in 3.0. This was NOT part of SEELE’s scenario, and Gendo basically went God of Keikaku by altering their Scenario (Instrumentality) to have an Additional Impact which would allow him god mode to force Yui back to him, even if everyone else got Tang’d.

No, 3d impact (proper one, not the one Shinji started in 2.22) happened during the timeskip and it’s why everything is red and most dead humans are turned into red zombie EVAs and why Lilith was decapitated and merged with Mark 06.

4th impact (partial? because it was stopped by Kaworu drying and Mari ejecting him) was what happened so Gendo could trick SELEE into killing themselves thinking they’re gonna achieve their plan as well as raising Lilith’s Black Moon chalice thing from the earth.

Partially correct. Near 3rd Impact (N3I) happened in 2.22. True Third Impact happened in the timeskip. Near Fourth Impact was 3.33. Additional Impact was not part of the Scenario, and Gendo did that AFTER killing SEELE by unplugging them. He never told them he knew about the timeloops, and thus fooled them into signing off. The Black Moon (the big floating rock) was his new base, and he needed to ram it into the Doors of Guf to create the Imaginary Spear, all so he could save his Longinus to cheat and do the Additional Impact. SEELE’s Scenario was supposed to use the last spear to open Guf, but Gendo being Gendo decided to cheat.

Anonymous

>True Third Impact happened in the timeskip
                    Then why the hell did Misato blame Shinji for everything? 01 was out of action for 14 years.

Anonymous

Absolutely retarded and horrible writing that trashes Misato as a character, that’s why.

Anonymous

[spoiler]
                      4.0 Reveals she hates herself for it. She got pregnant with Kaji’s child and gave birth. Shinji meets him briefly in the middle of 4.0. Misato refuses to go anywhere near him since she thinks she’s a failure as a woman. She admits she was taking her anger out on Shinji in 3.0, but then cleans up her act.

[/spoiler]

Anonymous

You are describing the awkward "Oh God we fucked up so bad with 3.0 oh no" bandaid they plastered over Misato’s broken character. I’m not even a Misatofag and I still seethe over what they did to her.

Anonymous

This is possibly one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever read. Character arcs are now "bandaids."

Anonymous

>lemme just walk back what drove the previous movie forward (Misato and WILLE’s incredibly retarded and harsh rejection with zero explanation) and say she’s real sorry aww jeez
                        No. That was a desperate attempt to salvage Misato’s character and it just pissed me off.

Anonymous

>Character does something bad because of emotions
                        >Realizes later that they’re doing something bad
                        >Apologizes for it and pays consequences for her actions
                        >Learns, moves forward, and grows as a character before ultimately dying
                        Wow this is such character assassination. They clearly changed the writing of the 4th film because they definitely didn’t plan on this at all. No way. You definitely don’t set up characters to then go through character arcs later in the story. This never happens. She should have been the same after the time skip. Just sexier. Bigger tits. Bigger ass. Skimpier clothes. Sluttier. Yeah… that is the kind of character "growth" I like

Anonymous

You are absolutely seething that I’m not worshipping Anno. Rebuild 3 is character assassination at its most blatant.

Also the gap between 3 and 4 was NINE YEARS while the previous gaps were two years between 1 and 2 and three and a half years between 2 and 3. Are you actually going to claim that it wasn’t written then rewritten over and over?

Anonymous

You can call the character arc bad, you can say you disagree with it, you can say Anno made a mistake for writing it and is an idiot. I am not worshiping him. I am just saying that all of that was slapped together at the last second is just asinine. Her character arc was clear. I saw 3 and I knew what was going to happen with her in 4. I obviously didn’t know the specifics, but I understood she was going to have a change of heart.

Anonymous

>I am not worshipping him
                        Then what the hell was that "ugh sexier Misato mmm" rant?

>all of that was slapped together at the last second
                        I never said that. What I did say is that it’s shitty writing and doesn’t work for Misato.

Anonymous

You said it was a bandaid. Bandaid implies that they had nothing planned and it was done just to "stop the bleeding" and is not an actual solution. No bandaid was necessary because the character arc was clearly planned.

And the comment about Misato being sexier is because you give the impression of being a coomer by posting images of Asuka in sexy poses.

Anonymous

Yeah because it’s an inadequate solution to a serious problem. Applying a bandaid instead of stitching the wound closed.

And come on, you can’t even handle someone posting tame Asuka pictures?

Anonymous

>pixiv filename
                        You’re a good man.

Anonymous

Saving from the source is just the right thing to do.

Anonymous

Because Misato was still grieving. Everything fell apart. Then Shinji randomly comes back years later and all of those feelings came back up. All of the anger, sadness, depression, desperation. Everything. She talked about hating him, but also was trying to protect him. You can’t act like she just didn’t care.

How can people be confused or hate Misato over it when she later admits she was wrong? She says she was just taking out her feelings on him. She never says she was right and the movie clearly says she was wrong, but you also forgive her in the end because you realize why she is so upset.

Anonymous

Everyone in WILLE hating Shinji after the timeskip was kinda forced and too obvious and it just made him accept going back to NERV and piloting again.
                        Realistically would’ve been far more smarter and manipulated him into staying with them by lying to him and telling him NERV/Gendo is trying to kill humanity, he already hated his dad.

Anonymous

[spoiler]
                        4.0 has a scene with that. The pink hair slut tells Shinji to NEVER get back in the robot since the 2.0 impact killed her family. Meanwhile Sakura (Toji’s little sister) tells Shinji getting in the robot brings nothing but misfortune, so she goes to kneecap him with a revolver so he’s crippled and can’t pilot it (and promises to nurse him back to health). Misato eats the shot for Shinji, and off he goes to duel Gendo.
                        [/spoiler]

Anonymous

And what happened with kawaru

Anonymous

He’s dead and was absorbed by Uniy 13, acting like a presudo-dummy plug.
                      That’s why Unit13 can move in 4.0

Anonymous

No in the last scene when Shinji meets him waking up from the casket on the moon

Anonymous

That’s just visions in instrumentality.

Anonymous

Then why did Shinji give him an ending like he did with Rei and asuka

Anonymous

And u remember Kaji was there too, even though he was supposed to be dead

Anonymous

>Gendo stole the Spear of Longinus from EOE’s timeline
                    I got a different interpretation from the movie. Gendo mentions the existence of six divine spears, which the two spears in 3.0+1.0 would be a part of. The other four must have been lost and/or exhausted of their power at some point. My guess is that, for whatever reason, a grand total of four spears were used up at once during Second Impact (pic related).

Anonymous

Literally the only good thing from the rebuild movies was gendos backstory. 4 movies for one half decent scene.

Anonymous

No, 3d impact (proper one, not the one Shinji started in 2.22) happened during the timeskip and it’s why everything is red and most dead humans are turned into red zombie EVAs and why Lilith was decapitated and merged with Mark 06.

4th impact (partial? because it was stopped by Kaworu drying and Mari ejecting him) was what happened so Gendo could trick SELEE into killing themselves thinking they’re gonna achieve their plan as well as raising Lilith’s Black Moon chalice thing from the earth.

Anonymous

thanks ,saved me the time to do totally not pretentious anno totally critiquing anime culture and totally not doing it for empty profit

Anonymous

You should watch it anyway. As totally ridiculous as it sounds, it was a pretty fun ride.

Anonymous

Jesus.
                So glad I dumped this hot garbage rebuild at 1st movie.

Anonymous

Rebuild is much better than the series, just not as good as EOE.
                  Time to stop being such a contrarian.

Anonymous

Time to stop liking hot garbage, anon.

Anonymous

>Rebuild is much better than the series,
                    nah, rebuild only works because of the series

Anonymous

1 and 2 are just the series in a faster pace without dumb shit like Magma Diver, Jet Alone or that ep that’s just Shinji walking around bored.

3 and 4 are heavy on references but only to the last 4 director cut episodes and EOE, the real kino of the OG series.

Anonymous

Yes, the pace in 1 and 2 does not work on its own and relies on characterization from the series to fill in the gaps.

Anonymous

It works standalone because the first hour of 2.0 is just slice if life scenes with all the characters before shit hit the fan with just the start with Mari, Asuka’s intro and the 5 mins with the Sahaquiel having any action.

Anonymous

nah NGE was a masterstroke of pacing and direction, something you just can get from the same story in a shortened timeframe

Anonymous

Shit taste

Anonymous

Holy fuck.

Anonymous
                    Anonymous
                    Anonymous

The original series is science fiction with a lil bit of fantasy

Rebuild is fantasy with a little bit of yandere.

Anonymous

The only fantasy in rebuild is all the crazy shit in 3.0 and 4.0, but then you can say the same for EOE where shit was even more on crack.

Anonymous

>EoE
                    >Good

Anonymous

Nice bait lad

Anonymous

you forgot to mention Rebuild Asuka are actually clones meant to find the best possible variant of Asuka as a pilot

Anonymous

I don’t really see this as anything but Anno trolling the audience and raking in the cash

Anonymous

Thank God rebuilds aren’t canon.

Anonymous

>Shinji then sits alone in the void, content to just disappear, but Mari pulls him out and saves him. Mari then wins the Shinjibowl and pisses everyone off.
                It wouldn’t have pissed everyone off if Mari hadn’t been a completely pointless character on screen and actually had some fucking chemistry/significant interactions with Shinji anytime before hand.

Anonymous

Mari could’ve been the most developed character in the series and the shipfags would still be anally annihilated that their girl got beat by the new girl.

Anonymous

I would have been perfectly fine with mari if she and shinji had said more than a couple words to each other. They have 1 singular scene before part 4, and I dont even remember if shinji talks during it.

Anonymous

No, this is rebuild Asuka

Anonymous

[spoiler]
          >Shinji literally mans the fuck up and attains godhood
          >he can do ANYTHING now
          >"Yeah I liked you too bitch. Say hi to Kenken for me."
          >YEET
          [/spoiler]
          I am beyond fucking mad at Anno for that last 20 minutes.

[spoiler]
          Gendo becomes Lord of the Keikaku and activates the Third Impact, the Fourth Impact, and the MOTHERFUCKING ADDITIONAL IMPACT all at once. Shinji acts horribly depressed for the first half of the movie, but ReiQ gives him the pep talk of a lifetime and gets him on his feet again, only for her to get Tang’d in front of him (Gendo did it on purpose to hurt Shinji because fuck you). Shinji then goes back to Misato, who stops being a grumpy cunt and gets her shit together, and they go to whoop Gendo’s ass. Shinji at a later point in the film goes god mode because various circumstances. Shinji then gets in the fucking robot of his own will, fights Gendo who is in 13, and eventually Gendo breaks down and explains his life story of how he was a depressed kid like Shinji but was saved by Yui, who then goes poof inside 01. This prompts Gendo to make a deal with the devil (SEELE) to get her back, at the cost of Tang.

Turns out Gendo was fucking wrong, and Yui was never in 01. She was instead inside Shinji, which is why he could never find her. Shinji then foils Gendo’s plan with her help, and then goes to save everyone. Asuka is pulled off the EOE beach and sent back to reality. Rei (real Rei from 1.0 and the TV series) is sent back to reality. Shinji then sits alone in the void, content to just disappear, but Mari pulls him out and saves him. Mari then wins the Shinjibowl and pisses everyone off.

Note this summary skips over all the massive amounts of 2deep4u and "what the fuck is that" Biblical references.
          [/spoiler]

Anno did it just to fuck with you.

Anonymous

its actually Shinji crossdressing

Anonymous

What’s it like under that rock?

Anonymous

I love typo’s art. Some of my most favourite renditions of Asuka in such a great style.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

[…]
        Anything after EoE isn’t worth watching. Also kind of related but is there any decent NGE games? The DS Rei caretaking sim and the N64 game come to mind.

If you enjoyed the original you will like the sequel.

Anonymous

Lies

Anonymous

All those Nazi Asuka memes became real. She’s now a white nationalist.

Anonymous

To sell new figures (which I’ve pre-ordered)

Anonymous

>rebuild

Anonymous

Besides EOE, Rebuild is far better than the OG and I’m tired of pretending it’s not.

Anonymous

It isn’t though. 1.11 is just a recap, 2.22 is the only decent one and the rest are dogshit. Anno is a hack.

Anonymous

1.11 is a fantastic recap and the Ramiel fight is the equivalent the SW: A New Hope trench run of anime.
            2.22 was kino, especially the Sahaquiel run with the 3 evas and the ending where where shit goes crazy.

3.33 was a disappointment because everyone wanted to see the stuff in the 2.22 preview, the fall of NERV/Gendo, basically the equivalent of first half of EOE in Rebuild.
            But instead they decided they can’t have a movie without Shinji so we have 14 year timeskip.
            That’s why there’s talks right now of a "2.5, what the fuck happened in the timeskip" movie from Anno himself.

Anonymous

patrician take, but evangelion has always been mediocre

Anonymous

melanoid

Anonymous

EoE/NGE was amazing. Everything after was mediocre.

Anonymous

original is a snoozefest for beta teenagers. without nostalgia goggles it’s very mediocre but it had some great moments

rebuilts are better in every way

Anonymous

fuck off faggot, I watched EOE and rebuild recently and I can say the original is way fucking better. Rebuild trys way too hard to be psychological that its fucking cringy

t. zoomer

Anonymous

>t. zoomer
                      that explains it, kek

Anonymous

explains what retard? that EOE is objectively better than rebuild without nostalgia faggotry?

Anonymous

no, that zoomers have an awful taste in kinos

Anonymous

>A-ARE THOSE SPARKLING LIGHTS WOOOAAAAHH
                        go back to bed grandpa before you get your dementia flares

Anonymous

>OH MY GAAAAHD!! IS THIS A *gasp* TTGL REFERENCE?!??! KINO! KINO! KINO! KAMINA!!!! ROW ROW FIGHT DAH PAHWAH!1! OMG*farts*

Anonymous

>actually thinks ttgl is bad
                        Never seen someone with this shit of a taste before. also (You)

Anonymous

Yes forced garbage waste of time fuck you.

Anonymous

better than the shit /a/ worships.

Anonymous

>KINO KINO KINO

Anonymous

not the retarded wojack melanoid but Trigger making the same show over and over again has retroactively made me like TTGL a lot less. Diebuster is better.

Anonymous

Don’t insult TTGL in my thread ever again, faggot.

Anonymous

>OH MY GOD THE DRILLL HE WILL USE THE DRILL TO PIERCE MY PROSTATEA OMMMGG FUCK YESSS!111! BAZINGA!

Anonymous

embarrasing

Anonymous

yes you forcing this shit is very embarrassing

Anonymous

god youre such a fucking retard its not even funny

Anonymous

>cape shit analogy
              no

Anonymous

And people say Nomuras kingdom hearts naming conventions are insane

Anonymous

The names of these movies are very simple:
                1.0 was theatrical release, 1.1 was bluray.
                Same for the second and third.

They only went crazy with the last one calling it 3.0+1.1, possibly a nod to the timeloop shit.

Anonymous

The movies were called X.0. Then the DVDs were called X.X. Lastly, the expanded Blu-Ray editions were named X.XX.
                Names like Evangelion 3.33 are really not in the same ballpark as the Kingdom Hearts series.

Anonymous

3.33 was terrible
          1.1 was ok
          2.2 was weird

Anonymous

3 was bad on purpose, just like 4, its meta

Anonymous

I thought the meme was that 4 was ‘good’?

Anonymous

its good because its bad on purpose, try to keep up

Anonymous

How can you like 1.1 and hate 2.2, it was just more of the same with an amazing finale.

The only thing bad about them was maybe the rushed pacing at time, maybe they’d have been better off with 3 movies before doing the timeskip, then another 2 movies to finish things.
            But we may get that retroactively as Anno is talking about a 2.5 movie with the stuff from the 2.2 preview.

Anonymous

Disgusting taste.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>Filtered by the greatest cinematic achievement in human history

Anonymous

>I hate that I ever made this series and I just want to go home a fuck my hot wife.

Anonymous

you can’t dismiss critics with "lol filtered"

Anonymous

bravo anno
        >that last pic of him on the stairs
        rofl

Anonymous

shame it wasn’t a chinese escalator

Anonymous

This was the most retarded ending. Anno literally didn’t know what he was doing with Mari’s character for years then all the sudden "I’m just gonna make her an allegory for my wife." even though Shinji and Mari spent collectively less than an hour on screen together throughout all the movies.

Anonymous

The best part is that his wife is now seething over that now

Anonymous

what do you mean

Anonymous

Anno’s wife doesn’t like that people keep saying Mari is her, she even came out and said that at the end of March. Now Khara actively denies it instead of leaving it up to interpretation the way usually does things.

Is she really? Who was she rooting for?

I don’t know she made a Kawoshin doujin mostly likely Kawoshin. I don’t think she really cares about the Shipping

Anonymous

Is she really? Who was she rooting for?

Anonymous

He knew exactly what he was doing with her in the end: dunking on shipfags.

Anonymous

Nope, he stated Mari was added to the plot very late in development and as a favor to a friend of his. That’s why she was a nothing character the whole time and now her only importance to the films is that she fucked the MC

Anonymous

>Nope, he stated Mari was added to the plot very late in development and as a favor to a friend of his.
              Also, as a way to make money off a character to please investors

Anonymous

He’s said before that she was meant to "destroy" Evangelion and, if nothing else, she successfully destroyed the poopyholes of countless shippers.

Anonymous

FujoStacies how could we lose?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

This series does not get enough love. Nadia is Rei, Asuma and Shinji all rolled into one. Easily the best character ever.

Anonymous

>Asuma
          ?

Anonymous

Why is Shinji black

Anonymous

rona

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Nadia spends the entire series whining and bitching, that’s almost her whole character

Anonymous

This is a secret Koikatsu thread.

Anonymous

back to /a/ with your rebuild shitposting

Anonymous

I want to eat her ass so bad

Anonymous

>all the seething asukafags ITT
      Asuka lost and gets dicked by Kensuke every day

Anonymous

Why do people even like Evangelion?

Anonymous

[…]

Rebuild doesn’t have Magma Diver, Jet Alone or that early episode that’s 90% Shinji walking around doing nothing, it wins by default.

Only EOE is 1000% untochable kino, and Anno took most of the same serious tone DNA into the remakes 1.0 and 2.0 as well as the completely new stuff in 3.0 and 4.0 after the timeskip.

Anonymous

Not gonna spoil it but this scene in EoE and this with Ode to Joy playing. Absolute soul.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZnNFDFREQ

Anonymous

My bad forgot to include the music. Rebuild music was nowhere near close to this. Ending music for 2.22 was amazing though.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjH9Gl0raf0

Anonymous

I want this to play at my funeral.

Anonymous

>uses classic music
            >WHOAAA DUDEE LOOK THE OST IS AMAZING!!!
            The only good og soundtrack is the one you hear when 01 transforms and eat one of the last angels.

Anonymous

>He doesn’t appreciate classical music, works of art, perfectly crafted for pure enjoyment and emotion
              NGMI. Agree with you on the scene though that was kino.

Anonymous

>he doesn’t appreciate classical music
                Never said this. I said that you cannot actually give the credits to the OST and then you post something that isn’t original in the Anime.

Anonymous

But both pieces of music I posted are used in the anime? Unless you mean music actually made for the series itself then my bad.

Anonymous

>Unless you mean music actually made for the series itself then my bad.
                    Yes, exactly this.

Anonymous

People will use "OST" and "soundtrack" interchangeably, but the O in OST means Original.

Anonymous

>Air
            G-Senjou no Maou did it better
            https://youtu.be/jo05wzgmoRg

Anonymous

Yeah the best part of NGE are the directors cut episodes since they’re pretty much a prelude to EOE.
          Rebuild mostly feels like the whole show in that tone, that’s why I prefer it slightly over the show.

As for the music, rebuild 3.0 and 4.0 falls short of EOE but still has a bunch of great shit:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6JLkzn3X1s

Anonymous

Evangelion would never work as a game because the fanbase still thinks it is a series about giant robots and jerking off.
      New films are kino and better than the anime. Weebs were literally handed kino on a silver platter and slap it away because they just want scenes of Shinji being a "badass"

Anonymous

So we all know Shinji is Anno’s self insert, does that mean Anno at one point in his life felt like he might have been gay, or at the very least is bisexual? I think that a certain film with certain homosexual overtones made me ask certain questions about a certain man.

Anonymous

Personally I think it’s supposed to be vague

Anonymous

Kaworu is designed after the creator of Sailor Moon.

Anonymous

the Sailor Moon anime director, I was wrong

Anonymous

>The final fight between Shinji and Gendo
      Man this CGI looks terrible
      >Turns out its all on a sound stage.

Anonymous

Anno said they initially wanted to do that scene live action with horrible costumes, but he couldn’t get it just right.

Anonymous

Knowing Anno I would be genuinely surprised if he didn’t consider doing a "Hollywood Eva" scene and it literally just being a clip of Pacific Rim.

Anonymous

>"This is just reusing old footage and scenes. This looks terrible. Why does it look like a stud-"
        >"Oh."
        Actual Kino.

Anonymous

>"This is just reusing old footage and scenes. This looks terrible. Why does it look like a stud-"
        >"Oh."
        Actual Kino.

that whole ending sequence was pure kino. the oddly scattering buildings / breakout, rei eyes, the fps slowdown from the manniquin zoom out, amazing. anons will always say it rips on EOE, i even had a friend who didnt catch the purposeful cgi

Anonymous

why bother? eva was a mistake, the tv show and EoE were a fluke

Anonymous

Is Mari in that Mihoyo game yet?

Anonymous

>Mari says less then two sentences to Shinji and probably gives him a hell of a concussion
      >End up winning.

Anonymous

>WHY DIDN’T SHINJI FUCK HIS MOM, THE WOMAN 20 YEARS OLDER THAN HIM, OR THE GIRL WHO OUTRIGHT DESPISES HIM (AND WANTS TO KILL HIM)?????????????????????
        How is it possible to still carry over waifufag feelings like 20 years later?

Anonymous

>Let’s just force characters into a relationship for the sake of it
          have a nice day.

Anonymous

Misato is only 16 years older than Shinji. Barely old enough to be his mom if his mom was an irresponsible teenager.

Anonymous

Yeah because who needs shit like ‘development’ and ‘chemistry’ between characters. A fucking dating sim characters more going for them than Shinji and Mari ever did.

Anonymous

I always thought the line about Gendo not finding Yui was a reflection on him not being a father at all to Shinji, who was the last attainable remnant of his wife. She’s literally genetically in him, not that she wasn’t also stuck in 01

Either way, finally getting the kino that was rebuild was worth the wait, I’m sure some EVA heads will eventually decrypt everything near the spaghetti filled back end of 4.0

Anonymous

[spoiler]
        Gendo said he saw it as a punishment to have an eternal reminder of Yui walking around near him. As a result, he also didn’t want to be near Shinji because he was afraid he would hurt Shinji with his bitterness. This in turn made Shinji think Gendo hated him, when in reality Gendo never hated him, but hated the concept of thinking about Yui.
        [/spoiler]

Anonymous

Damn, this hits a little too close to home.
          I think my father does the same thing. My mom is still alive tho. We never see eye to eye likely because we are so similar. Instead we just shut ourselves away from each other because it’s easier. I wish I could reconcile with him but it’s incredibly difficult to talk to him and anything other than a surface level.

Anonymous

That spoiler is entirely correct, yes.

Anonymous

I think it is pretty clear that the Eva fanbase doesn’t actually deserve Eva. Too much effort is put into this shit when it is clear the only thing they care about is Rei and Asuka in plugsuits. Anno should just release an official Eva doujin once a year. That would probably placate the fanbase more than new films.

Anonymous

I was happy to have Eva end with EoE.

Instead, I had to wait 15 years for the "true" ending which was inferior in every way.

Anonymous

>Mari is clearly shown to be friendly with Gendo in the flashbacks
      >She then makes moves on his son.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

Why is she so perfect?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

It’s insane how much better anime films are than anime series. I’ve never really liked any of the anime series I gave genuine attempts to watch, but over this past year I’ve watched like 30 anime films and nearly every single one has been excellent.

Anonymous

Some ppl prefer slower burner stories.

Anonymous

Films offer a better variety of subject matter as opposed to series. It is hard to film a multi-season story about something like an Idol-turned-Actress dealing with a crazy stalker (or is she?).

Anonymous
      Anonymous

[…]

stop forcing your shit meme

Anonymous

Anonymous
        Anonymous

SASUGA ANNO-SAN, THE MASTER.

Anonymous

Initially I though this was a real face scan acctress, not CG.

Anonymous

i didn’t care for most of the movie, but i will admit that the cg rei was brilliant

Anonymous

I hate that she has Rayman hands, the OG EOE design was much better and iconic.
          Either make something 100% new or keep it familiar.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H48GPv4BZI

Time for the real rebuilds.

Anonymous

anyone have the IQ bell curve meme?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

ke

Anonymous

sex with Asuka
      cumming inside Asuka
      Teenage pregnancy with Asuka

Anonymous

Ok kensuke

Anonymous

she’s 28, ken

Anonymous

Soryu

Anonymous

that’s ok

Anonymous

I’m ok with it, that means we can still have 15 kids before she goes bad.

Anonymous

Ok kensuke

she’s 28, ken

We cuck posting on Ganker now?

Anonymous

What was "cuck" about those? Are you one of those faggot self inserters who got BTFO?

Anonymous

Oh look his seething at being called a cuck right not now. Holy shit you really are a cuck and a Gankertard

Anonymous

Mari fucking sucks

Anonymous

Mari fucks and sucks

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

Anno has me paranoid. How many creators are really just sadists who want to fuck with their audience and prank them while also raking in the money?

Anonymous

have sex
        t. Anno

Anonymous

But it’s true, look at directors like Druckmann

Anonymous

Ryukishi with Higurashi Gou/Sotsu

Anonymous

I realize they all pump out content designed to fuck with you. Maybe that’s the message, grow up and realize that all of the people producing art for you actually despise you and they’re dedicating their work toward their hatred for you

Anonymous

Not bad, where do I download this and Mari to go with her?

Anonymous

Honkai Impact on phones, or just wait for the steam release that’s supposed to come this month.

Anonymous

Honkai Impact already has a PC client and the Evangelion collaboration is over.

Anonymous

Damn, I thought this was a screenshot from Koikatsu

Anonymous

I unironically cried and clapped.

Anonymous

>mfw this happened

Anonymous

Is that the true Lance of Longitude?

Anonymous

>all the EVAs get impaled in order if their #
      >including all those shitty mass drone and flying saucers NERV had were all made from that "testbed" unit 04 that blew up in 2.0
      >those generator units were called 44B because they’re made from 2 clones of EVA04 legs
      >the pozitron rifle unit is called 4444C because they’re 4 clones of EVA04 top half glued together

Now that’s what I call kino.

Anonymous

Where is the fucking game?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Card?

Man, I haven’t watched Evangelion since 2.2, and before that I watched it on TV, where the time goes?

Anonymous

People hating on rebuild 4 aren’t real fans, nor are they people worth paying attention to. Just a FYI, bestie.

Anonymous

>your opinion is wrong because it just is
        >no I don’t need to elaborate

Anonymous

Yep

Anonymous

Kensuke creampies her every night.

Anonymous

Holy shit so you’re a Gankertard. Kencuck is a Gankertard

Anonymous
            Anonymous

See again, Cuck boy is seething really hard

Anonymous

Where do you think you are? You are the Gankertard, anon.

Anonymous

>still seething
            based

Anonymous

Anon, do you think literally everyone else is a samefag or something? I’m just saying that this is Ganker, you are literally hanging out on Ganker so calling anyone else a Gankertard makes you either a hypocrite or a retard.

Anonymous

And I hold hands with Rei every night

Anonymous

Anon, I hope you’re not doing that before marriage.

Anonymous

The manga did Gendo better

Anonymous

Wow, all this time Kencuck was a Gankertard.

Anonymous

How’s it going, ESLbro?

Anonymous

>everyone is the same person
          This is why /eva/ is shit. Also, good to know you’re also a Gankertard.

Anonymous

I wish I could kiss her just once

Anonymous

NGE was never good

Anonymous

pls reply

Anonymous

Post card.

Anonymous

what if > komm süsser töd

Anonymous

more games need plugsuits/scifi flavored bodysuits

Anonymous

More games need Asuka.

Anonymous

>that slit

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>Anno supposedly has an autistic fit about how sexualized askua was by fans during the original run of the show
      >Still adds in a fuckton of fan service with her even before the timeskip and pulls the "legal loli" card when given full creative control
      Anno is a retard.

Anonymous

Kensuke didn’t deserve Asuka, he should have ended up with __me_

Anonymous

>Kensuke didn’t deserve Asuka
        In all honesty, it’s the other way around. Kensuke was a good lad and if anything it was Asuka who doesn’t deserve him.

Anonymous

Asuka is a filthy bitch and represents real women, maybe that’s why rei is such a stark contrast.

Anonymous

This would have been the better ending, objectively speaking.

Anonymous

so does shinjj get a route with best girl, kaworu?

Anonymous

shit movies

Anonymous

[…]

thanks
      you just gave me a latex suit fetish

Anonymous

this anime would be 3/10 without asuka.

Anonymous

t. Reifag

Anonymous

Based Asukafag can’t read

Anonymous

I dont know about any of this. I just want to SHRED

Anonymous

Eva is a convoluted, 2deep4me mess, stop pretending to like it.

Anonymous

No.

Anonymous

Cute and Canon 🙂

Anonymous

Asuka x Kensuke is hilarous

Anonymous

It’s funny how assmad it makes shipperfags.

Anonymous

Post the Mari card

Viewing 61 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.