Metroid Dread – imagine paying full price for an 8 hour game

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Metroid Dread – imagine paying full price for an 8 hour game

• This topic has 119 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>he’s going to pay full price for an 8 hour game

Anonymous

Gladly! Can’t wait for it!

Anonymous

Same here

Anonymous

and it will be better than your 100 hour time wasting indie shitter

Anonymous

buying it twice just for you anon!

1 is my digital so I can play it at 9 pm PST and the other one is the collectors edition coming in the mail later.

Anonymous

Good goy

Anonymous

*5 hour

Anonymous

I’m not.
      Metroid fans are the single most autistic pieces of shit on Ganker. they should all be permabanned.
      I’m filtering them but faggot OP didn’t use the term Metroid on the title so I’ll have to start filtering images too.

Anonymous

lol what a faggot

Anonymous

>"X" fans are the single most autistic pieces of shit on Ganker.
        It’s getting hard to keep track of them all at this point.

Anonymous

>there are actually adult males in this thread who can’t afford $70
      ok real talk. if you want to be a gamer that plays all the latest games and can also afford to buy the classic games (in physical format) from their childhood listen up. I would tell everyone ITT to get a degree in a STEM field but sadly not all STEM degrees are equal. Below I will give my personal opinion on the worst and the best STEM degrees based on return on investment.

BEST
      >Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering
      >Chemical Engineering
      >Electrical Engineering

OK
      >Math
      >Health Sciences
      >Physics

WORST
      >Biology
      >Chemistry
      >Mechanical Engineering (sorry mechE bros but ME isn’t what it used to be these days)
      >Civil Engineering

ELDER GOD TIER SUFFERING
      >Psychology
      >Kinesiology

my coworkers are like my family. before Covid we’d go out for drinks several times a week to talk about projects and just life in the city. People meme about CDPR "forcing" their devs to work overtime but I highly doubt that as I’ve never once been forced to work overtime, I look for it because I do important work and I have a team that’s counting on me.

There is still hope for you, neets. You can still fix your life and become a productive member of society.

1st world socioeconomic mobility, purchasing power, and choice is at an all time high and increasing every year. more high paying jobs are available and online storefronts to easily buy games that previously could be gotten easiest via piracy. why would i bother torrenting a game from a sketch site when i could use my high paying tech job and any number of online stores to buy it legally and with full support? face it, the world is becoming a happier, more equitable, and prosperous place to live and we can thank capitalism.

Anonymous

>$70

Anonymous

$90+ in leaf bucks and don’t forget to tip!

Anonymous

based anon, not worth the trouble of pirating tbh

Anonymous

Unironically, why mechE is bad?

Anonymous

mechE is fine, but its one of the engineering disciplines that doesn’t learn that much programming coming out of college which is where the money is atm. its also the largest eng disciplines so the wages on average are lower.

Anonymous

>Computer Science
        >2 years of experience required
        >Physical career fairs have been dusted until 2023
        >Amazon straight up uses a bot to judge applications

Anonymous

I have TWO and can’t get anything other than shit IT support jobs.
          Medical Biotechnology
          Business IT

>IT degrees yet still can’t get jobs
          Just apply to every junior/entry level job you can. Don’t worry if they say you need 1-3 years of experience. That’s what their recruiter HOPES they can get. Doesn’t mean for a second you can’t apply and they won’t interview you if you don’t meet their desired qualifications.

Anonymous

the IT support jobs all pay like shit

Anonymous

Apply to the developer, analyst, or tester jobs. You don’t need any particular job in IT, any job will do because you can pivot from there.

Anonymous

what? IT pays an assload.

Anonymous

IT ****support*****

Anonymous

Why in the fuck would you want to work for Amazon?

Anonymous

Work on your tan and make sure you attach a photo that makes you look like you just got off the boat from Wakanda.

Anonymous

You’re talking out of your ass. There’s a literal candidate shortage for all IT positions, you just need to literally have more than 2 braincells and you will land an internship, once you get your first real job after the internship you might as well abandon your degree because it won’t matter anymore, you can get a job anywhere. You just need to learn the current meme languages and you’re good for life. it is for sure the easiest high paying job type, definitely easier than being a doctor or lawyer.

Anonymous

>There’s a literal candidate shortage for all IT positions, you just need to literally have more than 2 braincells
            This. anyone who tells you careers related to computing aren’t in demand is an idiot.

Anonymous

I have a software degree but only passed due to group projects and I learned nothing. Thoughts?

Anonymous

>I have a software degree but only passed due to group projects and I learned nothing. Thoughts?
              sounds like you’d be perfect as an analyst lol. a lot of young people aren’t aware that you can make it through a career in IT w/o ever coding anything after college.

Anonymous

I’m not exaggerating though. I unironically learning nothing at all about programming. I can’t even make a basic website. I just did all the shit talking and presentations when my classmates did all the tech stuff

Anonymous

>I unironically learning nothing at all about programming. I can’t even make a basic website.
                  I haven’t made a website in 10 years.

>I just did all the shit talking and presentations when my classmates did all the tech stuff
                  This is literally what a business/systems analyst does and they’re essential members of any dev team. I’m fairly business savvy but I don’t have the inclination nor the time to attend every meeting with our customers to find out what they need or to test our updates with them. Spend a day working for a corporation and you’ll find that talking is 50% of the job. I’m a dev and code every day but I rely on my business analyst and testers every day.

I blame the universities for making CS/IT seem so programming focused when after you graduate from school it doesn’t have to be at all.

Anonymous

I have TWO and can’t get anything other than shit IT support jobs.
        Medical Biotechnology
        Business IT

Anonymous

based anon, not worth the trouble of pirating tbh

Based. Time is the more valuable commodity when you have a half-decent income.

Anonymous

>tfw too stupid to pass calc classes and had to drop out of CS
        >graduated with a history degree

Anonymous

>he got filtered by calculus
          jokes aside i really hate that calc is part of the CS curriculum in so many universities. i passed calc without too much trouble and have been working for almost 10 years post graduation and i have never once needed to use anything i learned in calculus. really hate that it’s used as a barrier course.

Anonymous

But anon, its a totally equitable system with no biases whatsoever! You just have to be able to do advanced level calculus and have an IQ of at least 134. Anyone can do that, it’s totally not a technocracy or anything like that!

Anonymous

Ok real talk. Stop wasting time and money on video games. The only thing you should spend money on is property, tools, family, and the means to defend them. That is all. I love video games and all, but it’s time to admit that we were raised in a perpetual state of childhood and that if we ever want the adults to return, we’re going to have to be them. Too much of a redpill for you zoomer fuckers? Too bad.

Anonymous

>means to defend them
          From what?

Anonymous

2021 and you have to ask? Here’s two obvious ones: medical tyranny and trannies.

Anonymous

>graduated software dev just before covid
        >covid hits
        >all graduate and entry level jobs gone
        >1 year 7 months later (now)
        >they start coming up like crazy cos covid has died down a bit

Am I boned cos I waited this long to get a job? Or am I safe to apply? Keep in mind I have been studying since graduation so it’s not like I sat on my ass and let my programming skills go to shit

Anonymous

You’re fine. For context I graduated and it took my 4 years to get my first graduate/entry level job. Dad died and mom went into total schizo mode so I had to mind her while she got better. Employers really dont mind (the vast majority dont, some will but they usually say in the application) as long as you kept your skills up

Anonymous

my company has hired a lot of college grads during coworkers. i have junior collogues i haven’t in met in person but have worked with for a year now remotely.

Anonymous

I’m in ireland and the graduate scene was destroyed by covid. Originally youd see 40 jobs per month but once covid happened youd be lucky to see a single 1. Excuse or not I just wanna know if I’m boned now

Anonymous

Hey im in Ireland too and studied information systems but no job yet lol

Anonymous

1.7 isnt that bad. It’s when you reach the 4 year mark that’s when you gotta worry. Plus covid has given a lot of people a good excuse, one of our new grads graduated in 2019 just before covid and we hired him last week, his first ever CS career.

Anonymous

The whole "YOU NEED A JOB WITHIN 2 MONTHS AFTER GRAD OR ITS OVER" is not really applicable to CS careers. Github basically stop this cos they can see you’re still coding.

Anonymous

>STEM
        LawCHAD here, and you’re all equally pathetic to me.

Anonymous

>civil that low
        roadbros… bridgebros… how’d we lose…

Anonymous

the taxmen chose diverse folk instead of roads.

Anonymous

Really wish I wouldn’t of gone so far into chemistry. My life’s fucked if I don’t go into some further education. Don’t know why I didn’t go into electrical engineering or even chemical

Anonymous

>my coworkers are like my family. before Covid we’d go out for drinks several times a week to talk about projects and just life in the city.
        why would i take anything you say seriously?
        HAHAHHAHAHA

Anonymous

>WORST
        >>Biology
        >>Chemistry
        As a chemE, yup because we are taking your jobs and doing it better.

Anonymous

Nonsense. I work in the BioPharma industry in microbiology and the pay is shit and the work is stressful. I’m aware chemistry isn’t as bad as micro but IT is much better.

Anonymous

What’s that have to do with Chem Engineers taking chemistry and biology jobs? It’s a fact. Back when I interned, I was the 2nd choice because the first choice was the only chemistry major to apply.

Anonymous

Just saying its a shitty industry to work in. Money is crap compared to IT.

Anonymous

unironically my biggest regret is falling for the "you NEED to go to university and get a 4-year degree" meme. went to uni for comp sci right out of high school, ended up hating it and dropping out after 2 years with nothing but $10,000+ debt to show for my effort. after that i was a depressed faggot who lived the NEET life for ~7 years. but now i’m back in school, attending a local community college and studying Network & Cyber Security. Couldn’t be happier. Just wished I’d made this choice to begin with.

>tl;dr don’t go to university. go to community college instead, study IT, and get a great paying job in only 2 years with almost zero debt.

Anonymous

Any other Physics/Math double major bros?

Anonymous

No, im gonna pirate it on my hacked switch when the nsp gets leaked/released. Ill probably enjoy it too

Anonymous

fuckin’ a right I am

Anonymous

I recently hacked my Switch and was playing the Links Awakening remake and it blew my mind how much content they managed to fit into a fucking Gameboy game. I’d wager it has more content than 50% of Nintendo’s official releases on the Switch. Unreal.

Anonymous

>He’s going to spend time on a bad game
      Why would OP do this?

Anonymous

¡Si, señor! What’s even more shocking is that there are people who are going to be crying about it on a Japanese-owned social networking website instead of playing it on October 8th, 2021.

Anonymous

Bros… I miss him…

Anonymous

> he tries to shame nintentosheep

you must be new, op the fag

Anonymous

No, my friend is because it’s my birthday. We buy each other games like that. I got him Skyward Sword HD so he didn’t have to drop $60 on it.

Anonymous

Do you also fuck each other in the ass?

Anonymous

So what’s the final suit

Anonymous

The tranny one

Anonymous

this is normal for metroid games

Anonymous

Alright, tell me how much you are getting paid to do this?

Anonymous

I’m downloading it for free on my hacked switch

Anonymous

it requires latest FMW fuckboi
        ur out of luck

Anonymous

So what, just update the firmware

Anonymous

*saves Metroid*

Anonymous

Based Spaniards

Anonymous

But unironically

Anonymous

>not a single femoid in sight
        yeah it’s gonna be based

Anonymous

this is problematic

Anonymous

half of them are brown, so it’s ok

Anonymous

remember when this used to be japs

Anonymous

No. Since this is an old spanish dev team that decided to SAVE METROID out of pity

Anonymous

Tendies will buy anything Nintendo shits out. Stop being surprised.

Anonymous

wiiU? virtual boy?

Anonymous

>going against GankerintendoGAF
      The first replies should give you an idea

Anonymous

People who recommend IT jobs forget that not everyone is an autism weirdo who enjoys programming

Anonymous

You were bamboolzed by boomers in thinking that a job is something you enjoy. It is not. Programming is perfect because the ideal is to automate as much shit as possible so that you need to do the least work as possible. There’s no thing as “being happy at work”, you’re happy that you got a big nice paycheck and didn’t have to work 12 hours for it.

Anonymous

"Autism weirdos who enjoy programming" make awful software developers.

Anonymous

y

Anonymous

First, any program worth its salt is beyond the scope of one developer. Some coding skill is obviously necessary for the job, but if you’re better off with 1/10 coding and 9/10 communication than the other way around.

Second, no half-decent software developer would ever call what they do just "programming." Saying a developer writes code is like saying an author writes words. It’s technically correct, but far more time and energy goes into planning, revising, taking notes, research, and then throwing it all away because it didn’t work in the long run. Someone who "likes programming" would never understand that and couldn’t be bothered to do the more important parts.

Anonymous

>tfw love programming
      >tfw not an ideas guy

Anonymous

>he’s going to pay

Anonymous

Yes, I will pay full price for Metroid Dread and Nintendo Switch OLED.

Anonymous

Have fun with your burn in.

Anonymous

Short yet highly replayable games are based. Fuck off with your bloated padded out trash.

Anonymous

>he’s going to pay
      yes, if it releases faster than the FKING nsp

Anonymous

yeah, and then I’ll sell it for $45 once I beat it. what’s your point?

Anonymous

cant be worse than paying 40 bucks for warioware and only getting 3 hours of entertainment out of it.

Anonymous

Ganker tries to say Nintendo isn’t cucked yet a blahck wahmen is the star of their commerical.

Not even 0.5% of the people playing this game will be black wahmen

Anonymous

I studied a Biology degree and my class was 85% women and I still never had a gf. There was only like 10 guys in the class.

Anonymous

What’s even more sad is the majority of nincels don’t actually finish the games they play. So they’re actually paying $60 for less than 8 hours

Anonymous

8 hours is like the minimum for a game to be full price imo

Anonymous

i never thought metroid of all series could ever generate this much shitpost
      like, what the fuck. it’s been 19 years since the last 2d entry, over a decade from the last prime and fuck other m
      how in the fuck is this game rustling so many jimmies?

Anonymous

Not on Playstation and shaping up to be good.

Anonymous

Why do Americans get paid so well? My friends in IT only make around 35,000 to 40,000 Euro.

Anonymous

Pay inflation. The tech industry cannibalizes its own worker pool through aggressive scalping or absurdly high pay and benefits.

Anonymous

How do I make this happen in Ireland?

Anonymous

move to mainland

Anonymous

I mean suuuuure. Like what’s the big deal? Isn’t this the norm for most non RPG single player games these days? Sometimes I just want to have a tight well paced game that’s fun to replay than a 30 hour slog I’ll never come back to.

Anonymous

>paying
      >for a switch game

Anonymous

*indie game

Anonymous

What can I do if Ive already graduated with a bullshit degree and I want to get into IT? Any certificate courses/online things or is the answer have to go back to school?

Anonymous

What was the degree?

Anonymous

I’m sure the game is probably closer to an hour and a half for a speedrunner. For a first time player, maybe four or five hours. Even so, it’s about the value of the hours, not "how many".

If an RPG had an oversized world map instead of hubs that required you to spend an inordinate amount of time walking from one place to another, as well as requiring you to grind to pad it out (read: the old Dragon Quest games), and it makes for a sixty hour adventure that you spent playing over two or three weeks, is that really worth the time? Shit, I play some arcade games that are maybe ten minutes to get through all the stages before they loop, but they’re still fun because they’re so difficult.

And Mario games aren’t very long, either, but many people think they’re fun and worth replaying because they point to having a lot of freedom in how they get to move, jump, and bounce off enemies that creates more paths than they might have noticed at first.

Anonymous

How do I get one of those easy programming jobs where you do like 10 hours work a week but get paid really well? I don’t want one of the ones where I’m expected to actually work hard.

Anonymous

>How do I get one of those easy programming jobs where you do like 10 hours work a week but get paid really well?
        Look for an internal IT job where your work comes from inside the organization. You don’t want to work in a situation where you’re the consultants who work for a company that gets paid by the billable hour. You want to be working for the company that hires the consultants.

Anonymous

One of my friends who works for SAP offered to refer me to help me get job with them. Are they good employer? He said it would be easy enough with low responsibility but pretty much no upward momentum. So I’d never get promoted

Anonymous

Emulation is free.

Anonymous

>tfw work in HR with all women
      Its easy but pays shit

Anonymous

>IT Job talk
      Alright fags. Indeed, Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, Dice, Monster, LinkedIn. Rank ’em.

Anonymous

Got my 1st job at a career fair at college. 2nd job from Monster, and 3rd job from Indeed. Recently updated my resume on Indeed and have gotten a few phone calls from recruiters but nothing I am interested in taking at the moment.

Anonymous

Samus Returns was about a 20 hour game the first time with the other ones being about 10 hours. It only takes less than that when you know what to do in subsequent playthroughs.

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.