Holy shit

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Holy shit

• This topic has 303 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Holy shit

Anonymous

wtf bros……..

Anonymous
          Anonymous
            Anonymous
            Anonymous
            Anonymous
            Anonymous
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/AFpuX5k.png

>FFVIII Remake gets announced

>They make Squall a harem protagonist like Cloud

>Ending and timeline change depending on which girl the player chooses

I’m in.

Anonymous

Quistis was originally planned to be more of a love interest but they cut like 1/3rd of the game out during production. That’s why the plot seems schizo at times.

Anonymous

>Quistis was originally planned to be more of a love interest but they cut like 1/3rd of the game out during production.

Well, that’s explains a lot.

If Square Enix makes a remake then I hope that Selphie will get some content. She contrasts with Squall’s personality way better than Rinoa if you ask me.

Anonymous

>Quistis was originally planned to be more of a love interest but they cut like 1/3rd of the game out during production.

Well, that’s explains a lot.

If Square Enix makes a remake then I hope that Selphie will get some content. She contrasts with Squall’s personality way better than Rinoa if you ask me.

Quistis has the horn for Squall for pretty much the entirety of Disc 1 and then I can’t even remember it being mentioned again until she handwaves it off as confusing it for love for a sibling after the orphanage revelation.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Nobody gives a fuck what Kitase says about anything, the man is a giant hack constantly putting himself in safe roles these days. Modern day Square-Enix is a den of vipers and any financial failure destroys a career. Why do you think Kitase wouldn’t have any involvement whatsoever with the FFVII Remake? He just flat out dumped it on Nomura and supposedly walked away.

Seriously, look at Kitase’s career since Parasite Eve bombed, he has involved himself less and less and less as the years have gone on. He is irrelevant, a coward and he doesn’t want to get kicked out of that company for fear of failure.

Anonymous

There is a reason for that. He was partly credited behind the Crystal Tools debacle with FFXIV in 2011 and he was partially responsible for how shitty that graphics engine turned out not being able to stably support anything. They wasted millions on creating it.

It wasn’t just Third Birthday that deleted his worth and presence at Square-Enix.

Anonymous

Was already debunked.

Anonymous

I wonder how thick the burka is going to be they put on Riona and the reduction in Qurtis’ fat ass they are going to make for Sony?

Anonymous

It makes alot of sense with the far fetched theory crafting. She was revealed to be a sorceress but we didn’t really see her powers which was implied shifting between time or restoring bodies to a time. IE crying over a dead squall bringing im back at the end and somehow not disappearing during the compression of time even though she was never apart of those memories.

Anonymous

>She was revealed to be a sorceress but we didn’t really see her powers which was implied shifting between time or restoring bodies to a time.
        Her powers are fortification. Honestly, do you seriously think a dog would survive being launched like a cannonball at an enemy?

Anonymous

Thats no ordinary pooch

Anonymous

>Her powers are fortification. Honestly, do you seriously think a dog would survive being launched like a cannonball at an enemy?
          It’s a fantasy world so yes, I don’t know why people fixate over this so much. She did that even before she became a sorceress anyway.

Anonymous

Interesting detail: Rinoa has very high natural stats and GF affinity. The game kind of hints that she has a potential to become a powerful sorceress.

Anonymous

intwewsting fwacts:
              seifer has better stats and he’s a jobber and nearly every basic enemy in the game has vastly higher stats than every character including seifer without gf propping them up and not a single piece of lore in the entire game even vaguely hints any connection between gfs and sorcs so that’s just entirely irrelevant.

Anonymous

This is a game where all of the main cast can be squished into a ball and bounced like a basketball. The dog being launched is small time.

Anonymous

>On the theory that Final Fantasy VIII’s Rinoa is really Ultimecia:

>“No, that is not true,” Kitase said. “I don’t think I’ll incorporate that even if we do remake the game. But that being said, both Rinoa and Ultimecia are witches, so in that sense they are similar, but they’re not the same person.”

>Yoshinori KItase, FF8 director, story concept, system designer, event scene direction

https://kotaku.com/is-squall-really-dead-final-fantasy-producer-addresses-1800007113

Anonymous

Yeah, sure. Ultimecia GF has the name of Squall’s ring that Rinoa got at the Garden battle, but they are not the same person.

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know that ultimecia draws griever from squall’s mind and literally tells the party that the stronger he thinks it is the stronger it becomes
          ohnononono anon what are you doing

Anonymous

One of the reasons R=U is fucking stupid is because it fundamentally alters who Ultimecia is and what her motivations are.
          Her tragedy is her own, of predestined persecution she can’t escape for things she hasn’t yet done. Turning it into Rinoa’s tragedy is something entirely different.

She does that to fuck with Squall. This is exactly the shit I mean. In the original story, you can wonder if it’s her being petty, her demonstrating how powerful she is, her having a laugh. If R=U, then it isn’t any of those things. It just sucks.

Anonymous

Kazushige Nojima was the main writer as far as I know. Yohinori Kitase was only a director. Yeah, he was involved in "story concepts", but how much weight does his opinion really carry when it comes to the overall plot?

Anonymous

Director, designer, project lead. He directed all the cutscenes in the game as well and conceived of the original story. If you don’t take Kitase’s word for it, you’re being willfully ignorant. Not that the game actually supports R=U in the first place.

Sage

The theory didn’t come out of left field. If there was nothing in the game to support it then it wouldn’t be around.

Anonymous

>If there was nothing in the game to support it then it wouldn’t be around.
              People can scrabble to find meaning in a vapid, confused game that cares more about the emo getting his dick wet than actually having a plot.

Sage

True. Thats actually why I R=U is my headcanon. The game is completely forgettable without it. With it, it makes a pretty good romantic tragedy.

Anonymous

It’s based on misinformation and assumptions. You can see the biggest misconception of all posted casually in defense of R=U in this very thread.

Yeah, sure. Ultimecia GF has the name of Squall’s ring that Rinoa got at the Garden battle, but they are not the same person.

Anonymous

>It’s based on misinformation and assumptions
                That’s pretty much the only "misinformation" that’s used for support. It’s 99% assumption based on vague pieces of evidence. Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand that it’s debunked, but I still personally headcanon it because I think it makes for a more interesting story than the actual canon.

Anonymous

Nah, another piece of misinformation is about how many active sorceresses there are in the world at any given time and how long they can live. They don’t have unnaturally long lifespans and are forced to give up their powers on death. Adel’s motive is to find a successor before she dies. The whole theory is just riddled with holes.

Anonymous

I’d be all for it if the game actually supported it, by the way. The story is pretty bad as is.

Anonymous

>about how many active sorceresses there are in the world at any given time and how long they can live
                    Neither of which are concretely established in the game, so that would fall under assumption.

Anonymous

The entry on either the Sorceress War or Sorceresses in the help menu states that there are an unknown number of sorceresses in hiding after the war. The assumption about Ultimecia’s age is the result of a mistranslation of Edea’s Deling speech, making it seem that she is several generations old when what she actually says is that sorceresses have been feared for generations as a result of their tyranny. The Ultimania guidebook that was released in 1999 has an entry that goes more in-depth about sorceresses and they have standard human lifespans.

Anonymous

>unknown number of sorceresses
                        Unknown is the key word here, but either way, I don’t know why this is being brought up at all
                        >The assumption about Ultimecia’s age is the result of a mistranslation of Edea’s Deling speech, making it seem that she is several generations old
                        I literally never thought this. I think thr speech makes it perfectly clear
                        >The Ultimania guidebook that was released in 1999
                        While canon, it is not information that’s in the game and not something 99% of the people who played the game had.

Anonymous

>I think it makes for a more interesting story than the actual canon.
                  How? People say this all the time to defend the dumb theory but I don’t understand how its remotely interesting.

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

Ultimecia already has enough backstory and motive and I like the idea of her having an ironicly tragic fate since she herself meddling in time lead to the creation of SeeD and the prosecution she suffered in her youth. More interesting than just being Rinoa who’s sad that Squall died or whatever.

Anonymous

>Ultimecia already has enough backstory and motive
                        She has literally almost no backstory
                        >and I like the idea of her having an ironicly tragic fate since she herself meddling in time lead to the creation of SeeD and the prosecution she suffered in her youth.
                        This theory doesn’t change that plot point at all
                        >More interesting than just being Rinoa who’s sad that Squall died or whatever.
                        Subjective, but either way it’s moreso the that she not just Squall, but literally everyone she knows dies as she continues to live, and while her memories are mush from GF use, some part of her knows that if she can compress time, she can see them again

Anonymous

>This theory doesn’t change that plot point at all
                        How is it a theory? It’s fact that you can’t change time by time travelling in FF8. It’s a closed loop.

Anonymous

What do you think is supposedly being changed with time travel in the theory?

Anonymous

>her memories are mush from GF use
                        This is a side effect of long term use of Odine’s Junction technology based on real Sorceress abilities. Sorceresses don’t need it, thus wouldn’t be affected. You can put Ultimecia’s dialogue under scrutiny without finding anything that suggests her memory has been lost. If anything, it’s the opposite from the little dialogue she has.

>unknown number of sorceresses
                        Unknown is the key word here, but either way, I don’t know why this is being brought up at all
                        >The assumption about Ultimecia’s age is the result of a mistranslation of Edea’s Deling speech, making it seem that she is several generations old
                        I literally never thought this. I think thr speech makes it perfectly clear
                        >The Ultimania guidebook that was released in 1999
                        While canon, it is not information that’s in the game and not something 99% of the people who played the game had.

>Unknown is the key word here
                        Implied to be more than the ones we see on-screen, i.e., Ultimecia’s powers don’t necessarily come from Rinoa, otherwise this wouldn’t even be mentioned at all. Many generations go by and multiple tyrannical sorceresses rise before her time, suggested by Edea’s speech, so thinking Rinoa ‘s the only one is just wrong and contradicts the theory altogether. That would mean she dies, passes her powers to someone else who becomes a tyrant, and then the powers eventually end up back with Ultimecia in the distant future.

R=U was first shared by an autist in 2001, long after this information was available. We’re now 20 years removed and people still refuse to see how poorly constructed and baseless this theory is.

Anonymous

>so thinking Rinoa ‘s the only one is just wrong
                        But you can subscribe to this theory without assuming she’s the only one. She can just so happen to be *this* one.

Anonymous

You’d be wrong and it’d be wishful thinking. First you’ll have to come up with a reason for her memory loss with the knowledge of para-magic technology in mind, and you’d need to find different connection to Squall since Griever is a no go. You’d also have to explain how she survives for several centuries when we know sorceresses have standard human lifespans and that they’re forced to pass their powers to someone else when they reach their end. You don’t have a basis for attributing her longevity to her powers. We also know that sorceress mutates horribly without a knight, and this is why Adel looks like a tranny after a few decades. Centuries? Only talons and horns wouldn’t be realistic.

Anonymous

>when we know sorceresses have standard human lifespans
                        I don’t remember anything being stated of the sort. Most sorceresses die violently in FF8 world.

Anonymous

You can infer this from the notion of generations in the context of Sorceresses in the original game, and it’s been confirmed in the Ultimania as earlier as in 1999 by the developers. You can google the English translation if you want. Fans shut this theory down long before Kitase did. Just goes to show the mental state of the people who continue to push it to this day. Fanfic.

Anonymous

There actually is a really good writeup of this theory and how it ties to some greek myth of artemia or something like. Its a really good read as the poster goes into even small detail regarding ultimecia’s final form and all that. I would give that a read if I were you, I think you’d like it. The theory is my personal headcanon as I’m a sucker for tragic fairy tale romances.

Anonymous

Source for the write up?

Anonymous

I found it a while back ago on the archive site. Its written across multiple pists in one screen cap. The thread it was in had just R=U as the text with the op image. I apologize, I thought I had it saved but its on a hard drive in storage. I hope you find it. The screencap was taken with Ganker in dark mode

Anonymous

I know who you’re referring to. That anon has become a meme on Ganker and is simply known as the FF schizo. Look up any active FF thread and I’m sure you’ll find him even as we speak.

Anonymous

I thought it was an interesting read. Is he a notoriously bad poster or something?

Anonymous

>Is he a notoriously bad poster or something?
                        He’s a highly unstable schizophrenic shitposter who spends up to 16 hours a day responding to his own posts, typically ranting and raving about thought experiments. Last I saw him was in an FF1 thread that lasted from early September to early October. Yes. A month talking about FF1’s story and connections.

Anonymous

For a schizo thats not a bad fate. Could be worse for the guy.

Anonymous

No, I don’t read fan fiction. I know FF8 inside and out. The things brought up in this thread are just a few of the things that R=U theorists have failed explain. They always deflect or just stop responding altogether. See it all the time, on Ganker and elsewhere.

The game doesn’t infer the generations of sorceresses are the same as humans though. A generation of a sorceress can be the time it takes for one sorceress to find a successor and pass on her powers. This can be long or short, it’s not clear.

Also I can’t give a shit about Ultimania. Writers scribbling out plots they started and don’t like after the fact is just wrong.

The Ultimania was done before the game even shipped and was released a month later in March 1999. I’ve only shared facts with you. You can continue to disregard them just like you disregard the literal project lead and director behind the original story concept.

Anonymous

Unless its in the game, it’s fanfiction. So you also support the tranny directors of The Matrix saying it was a troon allegory despite nothing to support that? Or Rowling making Dumbledore gay after the books were finished? After the fact retcons are lame as fuck and I’ve never seen any of them as canon. The work is the work and anything outside is theorycrafting.

Anonymous

There’s no retcons in the Ultimania. It’s a 500 magazine detailing the game and its development that was released 1 month after the game itself. I see there’s no point in responding to you anymore, though.

Anonymous

>find out Square is cutting your writing time by 6 months
                        >scramble to publish book to rewrite stuff you couldn’t finish so people won’t see you as hack writers
                        lol

Anonymous

You know that buzzword you don’t like and probably sperg hard about whenever it’s used on you? It applies fully here. Cope.

Anonymous

You are coping bro. None of your refutes to the R=U theory are worth shit and all your posts are MUH ULTIMANIA

Anonymous

Yeah, except the only thing that’s even remotely from outside of the game is the age thing. Keep coping. Your theory is in shambles.

Anonymous

Not even that anon but nothing you said makes R=U any less likely. We don’t concretely know what the lifespan of a sorceress is, Adele for example was alive for a really long time even before the events of the game although that might just because she was frozen. Either way, it doesn’t matter though does it? Magic is originally the power of the universe’s god, who only Sorceresses can use (human magic is fake) – – Rinoa at one point absorbs the power of multiple sorceresses, it’s not unreasonable that she had become one of if not the strongest sorceress of all time after you beat Adele – -and with that kind of power who knows what she could do given enough time. Especially since we don’t know what happens in the theoretical original timeline.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

I think I answered all that. We don’t need to know how she lost her memories, we don’t know what happens in the original timeline.

Anonymous

You absolutely need to answer that question when HURR DURR GFS MAKES YOU LOSE YOUR MEMORY has been part of the narrative you’ve been pushing for decades. Otherwise we can just add literally anything we want. Furthermore, you need to establish a connection to Squall, because Griever isn’t one. Ultimecia draws it from Squall’s mind, she doesn’t already have it or know its story.

Anonymous

>>You absolutely need to answer that question
                        Why? Anything will do. One very obvious answer imo is that it is the GFs precisely because OURS ISN’T THE ORIGINAL TIMELINE, Rinoa wouldn’t become a sorceress in the same circumstances and maybe she had more GF usage during her adventures with Squall that had them face another sorceress who transfers their power to Rinoa. The result is she forgets his death but not fully since it mostly affects long term memory. But who cares? None of this is important, for all we know Rinoa-prime intentionally tried to forget to deal with Squall’s death, maybe she cast a super strong ‘confusion’ on herself or ingested 100lbs of Amnesia Greens, it literally doesn’t matter. I wish you understood how stupid this argument is since we LITERALLY see Ultimecia cast all kinds of spells that do wacky shit including those on the party that read their minds, manipulate their memories, AND MAKE THEM FORGET magic.
                        >Furthermore, you need to establish a connection to Squall, because Griever isn’t one. Ultimecia draws it from Squall’s mind, she doesn’t already have it or know its story.
                        The connection to Squall is obvious, or rather the connection to Squall is only a plothole if you think R=U ISN’T TRUE.
                        Reminder: Ellone’s power ONLY works on people you already know, this is explicitly stated in the game. Meaning Ultimecia could never have travelled back in time if she didn’t already know Rinoa, Edea, and Adel somehow.

There’s a reason R=U has such strong staying power.

I also just realized both Rinoa and Ultimecia have wings.

Anonymous

>Anything will do
                        Yeah, dude. Just make literally anything up. Doesn’t have to be explained. Ultimecia is actually the descendant of Edea and Cid and Squall and Rinoa’s third uncle’s kid.

Anonymous

>574594501
                        There’s more evidence of this than R=U since Cid and Edea, Squall and Rinoa actually end up together.

Anonymous

I had the decency to answer you, I guess you can’t do the same, whatever I guess. Shame, I hoped there could be a good discussion where being ‘right’ was second to sharing and learning. I honestly don’t see why it matters how Rinoa loses her memories when the story starts at the end (SeeD exist because Ultimecia died) and there’s any number of possibilities that could explain it.

Anonymous

>because Griever isn’t one. Ultimecia draws it from Squall’s mind, she doesn’t already have it or know its story.
                        wrong
                        >In the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VIII, Ultimecia unveils the party’s fears of memory loss, but claims it is not what they should fear, but the power of Griever, and orders the GF to unleash its ultimate attack, Shockwave Pulsar.[1]

Anonymous

this is bullshit, in the jap version she clearly says that it comes from squall

Anonymous

You’re a fucking idiot. The rough English translation is what causes the confusion in the first place. Dunce.

Anonymous

That’s a resounding amount of bullshit you’re making up there.

>R=U
                        >Ultimecia tries to kill herself during the parade in deling city

>Also tries to kill herself by ejecting herself into space
                        It’s so fucking funny how much proof there is contrary to this stupid theory.

Anonymous

These are the same writers who said avalanche didn’t blow up the reactors

Anonymous

The game doesn’t infer the generations of sorceresses are the same as humans though. A generation of a sorceress can be the time it takes for one sorceress to find a successor and pass on her powers. This can be long or short, it’s not clear.

Also I can’t give a shit about Ultimania. Writers scribbling out plots they started and don’t like after the fact is just wrong.

Anonymous

And that R=U cretins always ignore that Ultimecia left Rinoa floating in outer space to die which if they were the same person would mean that if Rinoa died there Ultimecia would cease to exist. The only reason Rinoa survives that is Squall last minute saving her.

Anonymous

>if Rinoa died there Ultimecia would cease to exist
                  She wouldn’t. When yoou time travel you are your own entity, your atoms aren’t magically linked to the other you at the time. Time isn’t a link or a path, it’s a continuous set of states.
                  Unless it’s light. Fucking light or all things has weird quantum mechanics

Anonymous

He says while the Squall is Dead theory still pops up every so often.

Anonymous

That one still has some support. Really lofty but most "x was all a dream" theories are low effort.

Anonymous

It’s main support is that "Boy that shit after Disc 1 happens is really wacky, it must be Squall’s brain having a dying hallucination" while kind of ignoring that tons of weird shit happens in Disc 1 as well. Even then, on the off chance it was "true" it’s pointless because it doesn’t actually change anything we know about the plot of the game.

Anonymous

he only said that cause he realized it made more sense than the bullshit he actually wrote

Anonymous

Nah, if that were the case he would’ve said that the theory was indeed true and intended all along.

Anonymous

>Giving a shit what Kitase said

Anonymous

Japs get so mad addressing western fan ideas lol.

Anonymous

He actually likes the squall is dead idea in the same interview though.
          Even considers making it cannon.

Anonymous

Did he also came up with the time ghosts?

Anonymous

yeah they do reminds me of the autist behind SAL

Anonymous

Imagine regular fans BTFOing a "pro" SE employee that for the first time in franchises history, out of hundreds of FF theories over hundred games he personally comes out and tells them to stfu.

Anonymous

Death of the author

Anonymous

How the fuck did you retards pass middle-school?

Anonymous

I am one person, therefore it is retard not retards. Adding an "s" at the end makes it plural.

Anonymous

He’s referring to R=U followers as a collective.

Anonymous

>satoko and lambdadelta are totally not the same person guise, haven’t you read ryukishi’s interviews?

Anonymous

No one at SE even likes Kitase
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMVk7uGMAY

Anonymous

>The only interesting story in FF8 is what the fans made up
      God, 8 was shit

Anonymous

>he thinks laguna wasn’t interesting

Anonymous

Laguna is where I dropped the game. I JUST sorted all the fucking GFs, I’m not doing it for another set of clowns.

Anonymous

So this is the power of zoomies. Equipping at most 7 GFs and automatically optimizing your stats in like 20 seconds is too hard.

Anonymous

It’s also the least fun or interesting thing in the game and where I decided I had enough. Sorry cunt, your game’s not fun and there’s a damn good reason why it’s not remembered as fondly as 7, 9, and 10. I’m not wasting any more of my time on it.

Anonymous

I don’t speak zoomie.

Anonymous

You can barely even speak English.

Anonymous

No, really. I don’t speak zoomie. I can barely understand you beyond a surface level. You seem to be under the impression that I’ve shared my opinion of the game one way or the other. I’m simply calling you out for blatant zoomer behavior.

Anonymous

i didnt see any zoomie words 8 fucking sucks btw

Anonymous

It doesn’t, zoom zoom
                        leave thread or keep seething

Anonymous
                Anonymous

>micromanaging abilities in 9 was great
                >but omg i can’t handle junctioning which has auto settings and a literal direct transfer button to swap between characters
                you are dumb

Anonymous

Bro your opinion is ill-informed nonsense.

Anonymous

Junctions are supposed to be loadouts you switch between characters

He wasn’t. He was annoying at best and his sections stopped whatever momentum the story had dead in its tracks

I still find him, Ward and Kiros more interesting than the main party.

Anonymous

They are, the only good character in 8 is Squall

Anonymous

the only clown is you since you only have to requip them once, and that happens on disc3. other than that they are always equipped with with same shit your main team is. also there´s a button to switch the whole setup between your characters.

Anonymous

He wasn’t. He was annoying at best and his sections stopped whatever momentum the story had dead in its tracks

Anonymous

???
        There is tons of interesting shit in FF8.
        >Seifer using Laguna’s "knight" stance from the movie Laguna stared in
        >Other SeeDs forgetting Squall and company and everyone constantly forgetting that one guy who was with them on the Dollet mission
        >The stuff with Odin and Gilgamesh and GM being from the FF5 universe
        >Everything with Laguna, Kiros, and Ward
        >The sercret underground research facility
        >The brodcast station picking up signals from Adel’s mind and spelling out things things like HELP ME on the neon sign in the background
        >The Gardens and SeeDs being a closed time-loop idea or self-fulfilling prophecy or whatever
        You probably only played half the game, got stuck and never finished it, because you didn’t understand junctioning, just like all the other haters.

Anonymous
            Sage

I can hardly pick out some stuff here, can somebody with better eyesight post anything notable in this?

Anonymous

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Radio_interference

I AM ALIVE HERE
              BRING ME BACK THERE
              I WILL NEVER LET YOU FORGET ABOUT ME
              I WILL NEVER LET YOU BOUND ME BACK

Sage

Thanks m8, it also does look like there is "kill me" near the bottom.

Anonymous

I think that’s "will ne" as in WILL NEVER

Sage

Had my brother check for me and he called me retarded so you may be right.

Anonymous

Hey anon, can you tell me why Junctioning never came back?
          Or level scaling?
          Or spells as items?
          I’m dying to know why 9 and 10 completely abandoned all these mechanics that 8 suddenly introduced.

Anonymous

First you tell me why Materia never came back, idiot.

Anonymous

people are too dumb to read
            proof is even if there’s a simple tutorial, most people never bothered to learn how the game works so they all complain ”b-but drawing for an hour during a fight is dumb! GF’s are the strongest attack but the animations take too long!”
            GF’s are pretty weak in comparison to properly junctioned characters, you don’t have to draw shit, just turn enemies into cards and refine. Make sure your GF’s are learning the useful shit first, most people will not bother with this. Diablo can even turn off encounters, yet they still added a gay cheat code to turn em off anyway in the remaster. Because they know how absolutely braindead people are. People will grind levels and wonder why Ultimecia’s castle is impossible. Fine, go back to your grindy attack spam classic FF formula.

Gay melanoid retards

Anonymous

>most people never bothered to learn how the game works so they all complain
              >just turn enemies into cards and refine
              You don’t know to do this at the beginning of the game. If you aren’t aware that GFs can learn that ability then you’re spending a good chunk of the game drawing and using GF summons, faggot

Anonymous

Shouldn’t take more than 1 disc to figure out
                yet most people reached the end until Ultimecia was practically impossible because they fucked their game
                which is why VIII is the only filter in the series, sucks to be you

Anonymous

You’d have to be illiterate to not see that Quetz had Card.

Anonymous

I agree. The tutorial (very shoddily) only explains "how to" junction. Later explains GF abilities (poorly).

The game never, ever goes into detail about just how powerful GF abilities are, the card ability, refining, or even the Boost function (holding select and mashing X during cutscenes). There is nothing that even hints towards these things. There is nothing a player would naturally "figure out" left alone with these things, and they will in fact do as anon said, Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw.

A small example would be even looking at Boost’s description, which is…nothing. How are you supposed to figure out to hold down select and play an X button mini game? Very poor design.

Anonymous

Half the fun in the junction system is figuring things out yourself. FF7 didn’t tell you everything about materia either.

Anonymous

Of course figuring stuff out is fun in games. But you have to admit that 7’s Materia system is a whole lot less convoluted than 8’s junction system, and the results were also a lot more direct information to the player.

I’m not saying 8 shouldn’t have the things that it does, I’m saying they did a piss poor job conveying the most basic information.

Anonymous

>I’m not saying 8 shouldn’t have the things that it does, I’m saying they did a piss poor job conveying the most basic information.
                      This is 100% the truth, and I say this as a die hard FF8 fan. I really like the junction system, but the game gives the player very long unintuitive tutorials on it, which only just scratch the surface of how to actually use it. Not to mention you are completely bombarded with these kinds of tutorials for the first hour or so of the game and the result is most players either just kinda half ass understand what it’s all about or are just outright spamming through the dialogue boxes ar that point. If they had found a way to convey the information better, and made the importance and draw, card and refining magic more apparent, this game would get a lot less criticism than it does now.

Anonymous

The main problem is they don’t really throw many encounters to show some basic tasks of the junction system as well. There are blocks of text that people breeze through, and while it is nice the game doesn’t hold your hand, just designing encounters to encourage the use of these systems in their unique functions would have made the tutorials worth something.

Anonymous

>huh this game is getting so hard while 7 was kinda easy, must be doing something wrong
                  >well there’s that whole complex menus you didn’t scratch the surface or bothered to figure out
                  >naah, ill just grind draw and XP while spaming GF’s
                  >drops game halfway through because it’s tedious
                  >DSPwooww.jpeg

Anonymous

But…I beat it. And did the whole card/gf system easily once you learn it. You’re missing the point and acting childish.

Anonymous

You are being insecure. IDGAF how you played the game

Anonymous

>haha game 2 hard 4 u DSP
                        >But I beat the game and didn’t grind that much
                        >HAHA INSECURE
                        Er…ok there, anon.

Anonymous

You can get the ability before fighting the first boss

Anonymous

spamming GFs is the number one sign that youre a smooth brain retard. Even if you did it in 98

Anonymous

So fucking true, lol. It’s been over 20 years and retards STILL say this dumb shit. I swear people who hate FF8 didn’t even try to understand anything and then blamed the game for their stupidity.

Anonymous

FFVIII is such a piss easy game even without completely breaking it open with limit spam. You might be the only retards that think "level scaling GOOD!" when everyone shits on games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion for having that garbage, because it is. If you can’t design interesting or compelling encounters and need to have level scaling pick up the pace, its shit design. Even without knowing about card refines, playing the game through like a relatively normal final fantasy game by engaging in the mechanics with a basic way makes it trivial. No limit abuse, just drawing and junctioning. For some reason FFVIII fags have an obsession with thinking that everyone who played the game got filtered by a simple mechanic like level scaling, when in reality level scaling didn’t make the game more difficult, it simply made encounters last longer, and guess what, this scaling did two things for the bosses, jack and shit.

Maybe if you are in the complete fucking bottom percentile you find the turn base combat of final fantasy VIII too hard, but considering the sheer amount of retards that both suck off Final Fantasy VIII and blame all the critiques levied against it on some piece of shit washed up youtuber instead of looking to see "wow, I like this, but perhaps I can see how someone might not like this" and the fact that the only way the story becomes interesting outside of Squall’s character growth is to literally make up fan theories makes you tards absolutely pathetic.

Anonymous

tl;dr

Anonymous

Goes to show that people who like final fantasy VIII dont know how to read.

Anonymous

And people who dont like it are so buttblasted by its existence they have to write 200 word essays on why they dont enjoy this particular toy

Anonymous

Sorry im not apart of your twitter hug box and actually like discussing games in depth. Maybe I should leave what I say at 120 character or less so you may be able to digest it

Anonymous

Or maybe you just create a text file on your desktop containing "i dont like thing" and just copy paste it, save people the time

Anonymous

junctioning is kind of a derivative of the espers in 6. also, most rpgs have castable items. again, 6 had rods, 7 had bombs and crystals, 10 had bombs and crystals. these ideas weren’t new and came back with minor tweaks. really what 8 did was just give players more options. junctioning is a better system than the much more liked sphere grid.

Anonymous

Gunblades, Triple triad, and some other things are in XIV

Anonymous

My only real issue with Junctioning is it discouraged you from actually using Magic, because using it would weaken whatever stats it’s attached to. Plus it was faster and easier to put your best magic on Attack and HP and beat enemies to death.

Anonymous

You can refine new spells all the time for almost no cost. By your logic, the standard MP system "discouraged you from actually using Magic" far more because you needed expensive Ethers to replenish MP.

Anonymous

Yeah, this argument is stupid. In FF1 & 3 I remember having to save my magic and basically just used it at the boss battles. It’s why I don’t bother to take Black Mages in FF1 playthroughs any more, because they are useless til the boss fights.

Anonymous

Maybe because Final Fantasy changes its combat systems with every iteration?

Anonymous

>Seifer using Laguna’s "knight" stance from the movie Laguna stared in
          >The stuff with Odin and Gilgamesh and GM being from the FF5 universe
          >The brodcast station picking up signals from Adel’s mind and spelling out things things like HELP ME on the neon sign in the background
          Only those three that you listed are cool. The rest is why the game is retarded

Anonymous

Not that anon, but one that has beaten 8 and did most of the side content.

8’s story starts strong and ends like a fart. It is not hidden knowledge that the writers wanted at least 6 more months of polishing the story before even considering release but Square pushed it out early. It becomes very, very obvious at the beginning of Disc 3, where the entire story goes to shit and unravels.

While there is "interesting" things, it’ll never be explored and only left to fan interpretation. While that can be a good or fun thing while intentional, this clearly was not. It was simply rushed, the story duct taped together as fast as seemingly possible before any of the "interesting" things could really fit together, let alone the main story.

That being said I like 8 for what it is, but please refrain from kindergarten insults when someone points out the inherit and gleaming flaws in a very rushed ps1 game.

Anonymous

Literally every FF is like that. They all feel rushed at the end.

Anonymous

7 and 8 were, in fact, rushed. This is not an insult but a fact, 7 in particular to meet ps1’s launch, and I’m not entirely sure why 8 was rushed. 9 felt much more complete and had a solid beginning, middle, and end. 6 was also fantastic storytelling, but of course that was snes era.

10 is 10, not rushed but certainly weird and dumb at times.

Anonymous

funny, since 9 is the most boring one
                10 is pants on head retarded at all times

Anonymous

Garbage taste.

Anonymous

sure. If you can play FF10 without cringing every 5 minutes, you got great tastes.

Anonymous

You posted a character from X-2

Anonymous

same designer
                        but fine, here’s another k-pop star from a post apocalyptic tribe wearing literal belts in the blasting sun from your favorite game

Anonymous

Well yeah its a Nomura design, you know, the same guy who designed characters since VII.

Anonymous

must’ve hit his head on a brick wall when the PS2 released then

Anonymous

Imagine not loving those fat milky white titties.

Anonymous

>character has tits
                        >oh em gee brilliant design!

Okay shlomo

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

The belts are dumb, yes, but com’on man.

Anonymous

To be fair to Nomura, with Lulu he just did the belt dress to challenge the animators for the FMV cutscenes. They got back at him but showing it once in her introduction and then never animating her from the waist down.

Anonymous

Is this true?

Anonymous

Is this nigga seriously dissing Lulu?

Anonymous

It doesn’t matter if it was boring or if you didn’t like the story in itself, it’s just the matter of completion in terms of development. 9 felt very complete and polished compared to 8 and 7.

It’s story of course is subjective and you’re entitled to hate it.

Anonymous

>8 was rushed
                to compete with Sega Dreamcast launch

Anonymous

7 came in 1997 while the PSX came out in 1994 retard.

Anonymous

>please refrain from kindergarten insults when someone points out the inherit and gleaming flaws in a very rushed ps1 game.
            Also not that anon and I agree with your post. But other anon was responding to a post that only said, "FF8 was shit". This isn’t the cease of someone simply pointing out a "gaming flaw".

Anonymous

>>Everything with Laguna, Kiros, and Ward
          If we ever got anything new with this universe, I’d like to see a game fully dedicated to their adventures. I know we got the gist of it during 8, but it would be fun to see how they first met and what exactly was happening between each of the playable sections of their story. Maybe even give us a more satisfactory reason as to why he stayed in Esther and never went back for Raine before she passed.

Anonymous

>tfw no Laguna, Kiros, and Ward game
            .tfw no Jecht, Auron, and Braska game

its not fair

Anonymous

I don’t know about this, we’ve seen both stories play out already.

Anonymous

We’d seen Cloud and Zack’s story play out in Final Fantasy VII and yet SE still felt retelling and retconning everything was necessary. Getting a fleshed out version of the two superior groups from 8 and 10 would’ve been better. Plus there were no pivotal moments shown that they could possible ruin the tone of. Closest would be Laguna tricking Adel to lock her up and send her to space.

Anonymous

The only interesting thing you mentioned was the Adel thing. The Seifer and Gilgamesh things are cool but are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I’m talking major story stuff, and everything else you mentioned is either mediocre or shit

Anonymous

Based

I’ve never met anyone who disliked FF8 who had over 80 IQ

Anonymous
      Anonymous

It’s still my headcanon, just because it gives Ultimecia more depth. As is, she’s kinda boring outside of the whole self fulfilling prophecy thing.

Anonymous

I agree. It also makes Rinoa a way better character, I think. I hate Rinoa without R=U.

Anonymous

No, you’re just a fucking idiot.

Sage

My brother. Its also my headcanon too. Makes ultimecias regretful snippits during her final form really heavy.

Anonymous

The music of this game has never been surpassed
      Ultimecia’s battle theme is a fucking headbanger

Anonymous

How do you guys pronounce Rinoa?
      Im in the Rin-wah camp ya know like quinoa.

Anonymous

Ree-no-à

never really gave it a thought since I’m French and it’s the only way to say it that made sense to me

Anonymous

Rih-no-uh

Anonymous

Like a japanese guy would do. RI-NO-A

Anonymous

Despite not being true, would this theory improve the story in any way if it was?

Anonymous

Yes, if they fleshed it out more, not as it is currently. It would give Ultimecia more clout as a villain and be a lot more interesting, rather than just "bad witch from future want time compress". That’s really all you get. Snooze.

Anonymous

Yes because it gives more motive and characterization to Ultimecia while also fleshing out sorceress lore a bit (as it would confirm that they have unnaturally long lifespans.) It also gives us a bleak look into what’s in store for Rinoa after the happy ending and gives us that trademark bittersweetness that many of the other FF endings have.

Anonymous

>tfw Gilgamesh KO’s Odin
      fucking kino
      the GF’s scenes are so SOULFUL

Anonymous

>>tfw Gilgamesh KO’s Odin
        That doesn’t happen though. Rewatch the scene

Anonymous

Bros I’m gay

Anonymous

God I want to fuck the shit out of the sorceress.

Anonymous

What did they mean by this?

Anonymous

>What did they mean by this?

It means that someone over at Square-Enix has bothered watching the "Rinoa = Ultimecia" fan-theory on YouTube and thought it was worth making a little homage to the Final Fantasy VIII fan-base by including a reference in that trailer.

Anonymous

FF8 is the single most influential game from my childhood. It made me into a romantic and from there a depressed schizoid. Thanks Nojima.

I’m probably going to listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wr21Dj1WPs when I kill myself after finally accepting that no friends are there to save me and I’m completely alone on this rock.

Anonymous

Dont be stupid anon, make what you have of your life better and live it to the fullest.

Anonymous

You must build a boat to see a new island. Build a bridge to keep it nearby.

Anonymous

based rinoa=edea poster

Anonymous

>edea
        Please go

Anonymous

I played the game in japanese where there isn’t even a tutorial and I was using my somewhat limited language skills and i had 0 problems with junctioning. hell I fucking obliterated ultimecia with zell’s limit break

get filtered by the kinoest FF

Anonymous

Wow, they look nothing alike!

Anonymous

This is canon and since the retarded writers can’t even explain their own fucking story, no one can tell me otherwise

Anonymous

>This is canon and since the retarded writers can’t even explain their own fucking story
        This!

Anonymous

>Ultimecia in Dissidia
      HNNNNG.

Anonymous

Squall is literally me

Anonymous

>different eyes color
      OH NO NO NO

Anonymous

>she can grow horns, claws, and wings
        >but THE EYE COLOR CHANGING? no!
        All sorceresses were originally human, but all of the ones that we see who remain sorceresses a while have inhuman eye colors. Adele’s was red if you remember.

And the kicker? Edea’s eye color changes when is possessed by Ultimecia, to you guessed it, yellow.
        R=U

Anonymous

I think Ultimecia being in the future was just as a parallel & reversal of the creation of the sorceresses by Hyne.

In the Hyne myth, the humans get sick of Hyne killing them and go to hunt him down. Hyne gives them a weak half of his body, which is the origin of Junction magic. Hyne himself gets away and is the ancestor of the sorceresses.

Ultimecia lives in a future world where she has all the sorceresses power, and has destroyed all the humans. She basically is Hyne at that point, if he ever existed.

Anonymous

She looks like a Selphie.

Anonymous

Couldn’t anyone who knows Japanese confirm if the theory holds weight or not? The English translation is very spotty.

Anonymous

>Eyes are different
      >Nose shape is different
      >Nostrils are different sizes
      >Lips are even shaped differently
      I never understood what this pic is supposed to prove

Anonymous

I tried playing this game but they talk too much tbh

Anonymous

The Rinoa is Ultimecia theory is not true, but is way more interesting.

The fact that there is so much "evidence" to make this theory work narratively and makes the story and characters way more interesting.

Rinoa being Ultemicia at least gives the timeloop bootstrap paradox some narrative focus

Otherwise its just a generic boot strap time paradox.

Anonymous

EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION THIS IS WHAT I RECKON

The original plot was going to be R=U but they changed their minds quite late into development. There, everybody wins.

Anonymous

They screwed up Chrono Cross the exact same way, so i believe it.

Anonymous

>EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION THIS IS WHAT I RECKON
        >The original plot was going to be R=U but they changed their minds quite late into development. There, everybody wins.

I get thsi feeling too. There’s hints, but it goes nowhere. It’s just baffling that Ultimecia out of nowhere summons Griever, which she has no connection to and that’s the final boss. Huh? the in-game explanation is pretty convoluted.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

One image BTFOs the Ultimania retard

Anonymous

Is 8 even worth playing?
      From what i’ve heard the battle system is a mess were you’re NOT supposed to do what 99% of jrpgs do and kill enemies and level up but instead engage in some convoluted game of cards and whatever, and the story is a fucking trainwreck the further it goes.

Anonymous

It is a mess but its actually pretty fun minus the times where dialouge takes fucking ages to finish. You can get so fucking strong that you can actually take out bosses in 2 turns with just zell. That melanoid is stronger than in universe gods

Anonymous

It’s really funny, don’t believe all the retarded shit e-celeb faggots and their parrots have been regurgitating for 2 decades now.

Anonymous

You can level up just fine, the game just took a route with the systems where there isn’t a lot of reason to grind to level.
        And triple triad is hardly convoluted outside of how the rule system is spread.
        Story is fine too, illiterate morons just couldn’t comprehend it so they call it a mess and have to make up theories to fit their brainlessness.

Anonymous

>R=U
      >Ultimecia tries to kill herself during the parade in deling city

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Nice, and wrong, attempt at hand waving. Nothing Ultimecia says or does even hints at memory loss.

Anonymous

She hardly acknowledges Squall in the game

Anonymous

Because there is nothing relating them together.
              And the memory loss doesn’t work how you seem to think it does anyways. If talking about the orphanage had everyone suddenly remember details, shit like going against them via possessed Edea absolutely would have returned her memories.
              And, surprise, it didn’t happen.

Anonymous

Circular reasoning. You used the conclusion, "R=U," to inform a reasoning for why she doesn’t "remember" Squall, and not the other way around. Her "hardly acknowledging" Squall(which she does, just as a legendary SeeD, not as her past love, which he wasn’t) cannot be rationalized as her being Rinoa unless you already had the idea that she must be Rinoa in the first place.

Anonymous

>she must be Rinoa in the first place
                Which is she

Anonymous

*Which she is

Anonymous

fucking anti R=U wrong once again. She doesn’t know who Ellone is after that fight at with Edea and Seifer at Galbadia Garden.

But I thought Ultimecia was chasing Ellone the entire time? It’s almost as if she IS SUFFERING FROM MEMORY LOSS. Bro I don’t care if you don’t think R=U is actually true or not but your fucking mental gymnastics to try and disprove it are fucking stupid.

Anonymous

>fucking anti R=U
              I thought R=U was just supposed to be a theory? You’re treating it more like a political belief. How is anyone supposed to debate you about it if you’re so utterly beholden to it?

Anonymous

I’m not beholden to it at all. The story is just better if R=U is the plot, I don’t actually care if it is true or intended. I like FF8 that way, it’s a cooler story. What does bother me is people being all fuckin "word of God" about this shit. IT’S BEEN DISCONFIRMED blah blah blah. Who cares.

Anonymous

If you didn’t care that it wan’t true you wouldn’t be defending it at all.

Anonymous

>The story is just better if R=U is the plot
                  Here’s my argument to that: No it’s not. I know it’s not and nothing you say will change that.
                  I mean if the response to official deconfirmation as well as logical contradictions is "I don’t care," then there’s no point in trying any harder than that.

*Which she is

If you had never heard the R=U theory before in your life, would you come to that conclusion on your own?
                  That’s effectively a rhetorical question since I know you’re just going to lie.

Anonymous

>would you come to that conclusion on your own?
                    Unlikely. Its one of those things that make sense in hindsight

Anonymous

>If you had never heard the R=U theory before in your life, would you come to that conclusion on your own?
                    It’s easy to come to that conclusion on your own, but the game never confirms it for you so it’s like whatever. Kind of like how everyone likes to think meteor and holy killed everyone at the end of FF7 even though advent children pisses in your cheerios.

Anonymous

>It’s easy to come to that conclusion on your own
                      No it’s not, which is why only one person thought it up and knuckleheads have been parroting it for 20 years.

Anonymous

>I’m not beholden to it
                  >I just think it’s true and nothing of the numerous points against it matters
                  I haven’t even mentioned anything about that interview. Regardless of what you think, every bit of proof is grasping at best while every proof to it being false is clear.
                  Deal with it.

Anonymous

>it must be true because I said so
                    Lots of strong arguments itt proving you wrong, but you’re probably the retard anons ignoring them and just restarting it isn’t true. Stay mad, faggot.

Anonymous

I heard the translation/localization for FF8 was really bad, did the remaster fix it?

Anonymous

You "heard" wrong. It was arguably the best JRPG localization around when it came out, with one baffling and inexplicable exception: Ultimecia’s Deling speech and a few of her lines later.

t. fluent in JP and read the original Ultimania

Anonymous

This thread just reminds me how much I love 8; it’s always been underrated & unappreciated

Anonymous

R=U makes the plot actually make sense and really impactful (tragedy, love story, devotion) so I choose to believe it’s true Who even cares? Don’t get mad about this shit.

>WEELLL ACTUUALLY IT EWAS OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED THAT IT ISNT CANON

I don’t care, nerd.

Anonymous

>about half a dozen really cool things they could had done to make FF8 actually unique and interesting
      >it’s all fake and the only reveal we get is that they all had amnesia and talk about it for literally 2 minutes
      What a pile of garbage honestly.

Anonymous

thank you for your contribution, we all needed to know your unique, insightful and thought-provoking opinion.

>What a pile of garbage, honestly

Truly groundbreaking, Nintendo should hire this man.

Anonymous

Keep seething, faggot.

Anonymous

Cope FF8tranny. The game is the literal definition of wasted potential.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>producer
        >not the writer
        based retard

Anonymous

This game’s story isn’t even owrth dissecting. It’s like most of the final fantasies where the story jumps from one place to the next randomly nad is a hodgepodge of useless information to keep the story moving. What was the theme anyway? Fate finds a way to bring loved ones together or some shit?

Anonymous

This is like Mass Effect and Bioware but even earlier with the fans coming up with a theory that makes the writing better. The developers, with their inflated ego, can’t handle and/or admit that their writing is shit and dismiss the theory.

Anonymous

In every cycle, Rinoa gains the power of 2 sorceress (Edea and Adel) which is ultimately passed onto Ultimecia who passes it back to Edea upon defeat.
      Wouldn’t this eventually lead to a cycle where Ultimecia becomes too strong?

Anonymous

When I think about Squaresoft back then and Squeenix now, this song from FF8 comes to mind.
      https://youtu.be/3lB50uIqpms

Anonymous

>R=U enjoyers don’t care if it’s official, acknowledge it makes the story better regardless and has internal consistency
      >autistic weebs need to keep bumping a thread shrieking how they’re wrong over and over
      makes you think

Anonymous

FF fans together with WoW fans should be gassed.

Anonymous

I can’t remember, can a Sorceress in FF8 have children?
      Because Ultimecia being a descendant of Rinoa and presumably Squall is plausible. More than Rinoa actually being Ultimecia, anyway.
      It sort of ties together too, with the flashback sequences featuring their respective parents, Laguna and Julia – although admittedly far less of Julia

Anonymous

I love how this innocent fan theory always manages to make FF8 autists seethe with rage. The game’s story is total dogshit, this theory is literally the only compelling thing about it, and it’s not even canon lol.

Anonymous

Most FF8 fans like the R=U and Squall is dead theories. Because we are chad aesthetes

Anonymous

I like FF8’s story, and I can admit R=U would make an interesting narrative but there is just too little in the game to support it and too much to suggest otherwise that I can’t make it headcanon.

Anonymous

>and too much to suggest otherwise
          Like what? Genuinely interested tbh, I keep hearing people say it’s wrong but they never give any reason other than ‘muh Kitase’.

Anonymous

Not him, but off the top of my head:
            >sorceresses do not have extended lifespan
            >the reason why Ultimecia summons Griever is explicitly given in the game
            >the narrative and musical theme that shows up again and again is "Succession of Witches" not "one eternal witch"
            >Ultimecia doesn’t know what the "Legendary SeeD" looks like until late in the game. He’s more like a fantasy monster to her than a concrete person. She doesn’t know Squall at all and even riffing through his head doesn’t ring any bells for hell.
            And it goes on and on. R=U makes no sense if you pay attention to the game.

I can’t remember, can a Sorceress in FF8 have children?
            Because Ultimecia being a descendant of Rinoa and presumably Squall is plausible. More than Rinoa actually being Ultimecia, anyway.
            It sort of ties together too, with the flashback sequences featuring their respective parents, Laguna and Julia – although admittedly far less of Julia

She’s a metaphorical descendant of Rinoa. Sorceress powers are gained, not inherited, but they’re tied together by being this feared, exclusive club across the generations.

Anonymous

*not genetically inherited

Anonymous

Yes we’ve all heard your autistic shrieking over and over in the thread already, none of these are good reasons answered a dozen times itt already and it’s just a collection of bullshit. I mean, the song is called succession of witches? Well duh, because it’s a story about a time loop. These are some shitty straws you’re grasping at.

I’m interested in original and reasonable examples of why R=U isn’t true.

Anonymous

>wants reasons why it isn’t true
                >gets objective reasons ranging from in-game info to the creators themselves
                >no, not those reasons!
                Alright, you dumb cultist, how about this: your EPIC TWEEST is never ever acknowledged by the game itself. I know I’m talking to a wall here, but fanfiction faggots generally have the decency to contain their headcanons to Fanfiction.net instead of acting like insane Jehova’s witnesses.

Anonymous

imagine spending your entire day pooping up a thread you don’t like jesus dude get a life

Anonymous

Where do you think we are?

Anonymous

The sad thing is the least he could do is try to say anything new, instead he pretends to be a different person who just happens to make the same arguments each time.

Anonymous

>sorceresses do not have extended lifespan
              Doesn’t say they have normal lifespan either

>the reason why Ultimecia summons Griever is explicitly given in the game
              Because it’s Squall’s ultimate GF. Well Squall is also a time traveller lmao.

>the narrative and musical theme that shows up again and again is "Succession of Witches" not "one eternal witch"
              And Ultimecia’s power is specifically to collapse time to one point. She’s basically reverted the succession back to what Hyne was by killing everyone. She is the end point of time.

>Ultimecia doesn’t know what the "Legendary SeeD" looks like until late in the game. He’s more like a fantasy monster to her than a concrete person. She doesn’t know Squall at all and even riffing through his head doesn’t ring any bells for hell.
              Couldn’t be because of GFs and the major plot point of losing memory? She uses junctions so she has/had a GF.

You’re dumb as fuck mate

Anonymous

>Doesn’t say they have normal lifespan either
                Ultimania does say that. It literally says they have the same lifespan as normal humans.

Anonymous

>Because it’s Squall’s ultimate GF.
                Griever isn’t even real. He’s the embodiment of Squall’s idea of what the strongest beast in the world would be. If he thought Hercules on steroids was the most powerful creature in the world then that’s what Ultimecia would’ve summoned out of his mind.

>And Ultimecia’s power is specifically to collapse time to one point.
                She’s not a one-trick pony. She’s only able to do that by combining the Ellone machine with Ellone’s powers so that she can reach back to every point in time and kompress it.

Anonymous

I don’t think there is anything to suggest that a sorceress lives beyond a normal human lifespan, and even if they did they don’t need to rely on GFs for their magic so I’m not sure where the memory loss would come from. And even if there was memory loss, I heavily doubt it’d be to the point where you don’t recognise your past self and try to kill them multiple times.

Furthermore, I don’t think Ultimecia needs to be Rinoa to be a compelling tragic villain. The story plays on themes of fate and destiny and the like, and Ultimecia’s is the cruellest as she is locked in a loop where her desperation to avert her defeat but ultimately fail leads to the creation of her demise plant the SeeDs, if you will :^) and future persecution.

I think Rinoa and Ultimecia are portrayed as two possible paths, with one succumbing to the pressures and the other enduring and it plays into the role of the Sorceress’ Knight as well. Edea and Rinoa have Cid and Squall respectively whereas Adel and Ultimecia have nobody. You could argue Seifer, but he admits it was originally because he recognised Edea and then later after realising the true nature of Ultimecia he stays only because he thinks he is too far in and can’t be redeemed.

Anonymous

Get a life you dumb samefag.

Anonymous

I’m sorry my post upset you.

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.