I can’t gently caressing do this shit anymore, bros

Home Forums Video game journalism I can’t gently caressing do this shit anymore, bros

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2020/01/08/the-sexiness-of-control

When I was a kid, I felt as though being a games journalist would be a noble cause. Sure it would be useless in terms of the actual value it brought or the neccessity of the career path in question, but perhaps I could shine a light on the great stories, the hidden talents, the creative intents behind certain teams coming together and making a game despite all of the odds.

This article is on the front page of the most popular gaming news and editorial site. It's about how a woman playing Control felt horny because the protagonist was competent. She even interviews a BDSM woman and describes how having her cucked boyfriend pick things up for her makes her horny. She is likely a celebrated writer with a large Twitter following and the hordes of retarded people who care little about games but more about what they represent politically. She is successful in this space.

Is it even worth giving a gently caressing shit about this stupid career path anymore, even as a side gig? What the gently caress is with this society? The crowning moment of Jeff Gerstmann being fired from Gamespot in order to stand up for his journalistic principles are far behind us. Now, websites like this, with all their pomp and retardation, are king, or QWEEN.

Anonymous

Just become trans like half their staff, you'll be just as successful and famous.

Anonymous

I'd rather kill myself, honestly.

Anonymous

What's the best gaming journalism can be, honestly? I mean, what can you actually write about? You can review games. That's nice because it helps you, the reader, determine if the game sounds like something you'd enjoy. You can write about gaming news. There's not exactly much in the way of journalistic skill required there. You basically just relay information a developer or publisher releases to your reqders. You can provide insight on the development and background of games and studios. That's probably the one part of gaming journalism that actually has potential for high quality investigative journalism. But outside of that writing silly editorials about your personal experiences with games is about all you can do.

Anonymous

I do, truly, agree with you. But I'm going to use the follow meme arrows to help myself think of some ways that would legitimize written and published content in the gaming space.
        >Gaming history analogs, providing the context of game design trends to a younger audience.
        >Defending injustices in the gaming space or providing more context to them, such as exploring Battlestate's recent claim that women in games would take resources to develop and that this wouldn't be worth their time at the moment. Is that true? If so, how can we thoroughly repel the SJW hordes through complete, well-sourced fact?
        >Writing of hidden secrets in games, build guides, anything that allows a player to practically gain the most from their playing interaction should they need it.
        >Technical reviews for gaming hardware, including graphic optimization guides.
        >Bringing old titles back to the surface, lessening ignorance that old games on old consoles=bad.
        >Discussing and bringing game preservation efforts to maintstream understanding.
        >Pro-consumer work showcasing exactly why measures such as DRM-free titles are so important to the future of the platform.

All of that is just off the top of my head and pretty much fits into the investigative journalism part you mentioned, to some degree at least, but I think there's more potential there than 'lol this game wimmin stronk'.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.