I wanted to try out some fighting games and decided to try the 30th anniversary collection of street…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard I wanted to try out some fighting games and decided to try the 30th anniversary collection of street…

• This topic has 91 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I wanted to try out some fighting games and decided to try the 30th anniversary collection of street fighter. What the hell is up with these few things
      >have to press triggers halfway down on controller for the inputs to register some reason, this wasn’t the case on emulators.
      >training for only 4 games
      >super meter isn’t always at 100 during training (at least in alpha 3) so trying to practice getting the super right for zangief was a pain in the ass. The PS1 version had a better practice mode.
      Is the collection meant to be shit?

Anonymous

Bump I also want to know if the collection is shit

Anonymous

>Look at me! I’m a retard who didn’t do the slightest bit of research before purchasing a barebones collection of emulated arcade ROMs! Please give me attention!
      Here you go, now fuck off.

Anonymous

I actually pirated it, but ok, shithead

Anonymous

>pirates the game
          >thinks he has a right to complain

Anonymous

>you can’t complain about these 1s and 0s unless you paid to download them off the steam servers

Anonymous

Yes. You aren’t a customer so you don’t have any right to complain about the service.

Anonymous

But it isn’t a service? It’s 1s and 0s that you execute on your computer
                If I bought it and then complained, are you implying capcom would fix all the issues tomorrow?

Anonymous

>But it isn’t a service?
                  It is
                  >It’s 1s and 0s that you execute on your computer
                  If videogames are just 1s and 0s, why are you wasting your time with them in the first place?

>If I bought it and then complained, are you implying capcom would fix all the issues tomorrow?
                  Of course they won’t, but at least you would have actual moral authority to complain.
                  You’re no different from the normies pooping on something you like but they don’t actually buy or play.

Anonymous

How is it a service? If you aren’t playing online (you can’t in the pirated version) what service is being provided?
                    >yes goyim, you need to buy this shitty product before pointing out that it’s shit. spend spend spend!

Anonymous

>How is it a service?
                      They’re providing you with a fighting game to play. A game they developed.
                      >If you aren’t playing online (you can’t in the pirated version) what service is being provided?
                      They’re providing you with a fighting game to play, just like people played against the CPU on the arcades when there was no one around to play.

>(greentext strawman)
                      I accept your concession.

Anonymous

the anniversary edition doesn’t have as good a netcode as fightcade

get fightcade. it has rollback-netcode and you can play tons of arcade-games on it

thats also, where all the community hangs out. For the street-fighter games at least

Anonymous

Not him. Is therr Clayfighter on Fightcade?

Anonymous

ya

you can also download some .json files, so that fightcade downloads the rom automatically, whenever you enter a game-channel

Heres the copy pasta that explains how to set it up:

Download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/teqitr3uurwjzpg/Rompack_09_Sep_2020.zip/file extract it and put the .json files DIRECTLY into your “..Fightcadeemulator” folder. it should look like this https://prnt.sc/tr74k2 if you then, without closing Fightcade, RE-JOIN any channel on Fightcade it automatically downloads the rom.
          Guide for troubleshooting, afterwards https://docs.google.com/document/d/18mBBLVMCzzlq7eejTvGaoCFb9H2VM_PuAsbM8pjBmoY/edit#

Anonymous

I am gonna try it once my new pc parts arrive. My laptop is too shit for games.

Anonymous

Unless your laptop is over 12 years old, it should have no problem playing SNES games

Anonymous

They’re arcade roms dude.

Anonymous

>my laptop is too shit
              I’m pretty sure fightcade has been a thing since the mid 00s, what ancient laptop are you running?

Anonymous

Anon, a fucking Core2Duo can emulate most of these titles.

Anonymous

Fightcade works with any game from any console relevant console up to the SNES. It’s a wonderful piece of software

Also use this

ya

you can also download some .json files, so that fightcade downloads the rom automatically, whenever you enter a game-channel

Heres the copy pasta that explains how to set it up:

Download this http://www.mediafire.com/file/teqitr3uurwjzpg/Rompack_09_Sep_2020.zip/file extract it and put the .json files DIRECTLY into your “..Fightcadeemulator” folder. it should look like this https://prnt.sc/tr74k2 if you then, without closing Fightcade, RE-JOIN any channel on Fightcade it automatically downloads the rom.
          Guide for troubleshooting, afterwards https://docs.google.com/document/d/18mBBLVMCzzlq7eejTvGaoCFb9H2VM_PuAsbM8pjBmoY/edit#

to auto-download the ROMs

Anonymous

Lua scripts for training mode in fightcade are better than 30th anniversary.

Anonymous

Digital Eclipise is bad and companies go with them likely because they’re cheap.

Anonymous

On Pc?
      Just get fightcade if you care about playing against other folk
      On console?
      Get fightCade on a laptop and buy the collection cheap for like 10 or 5 bucks. It’s what I did for friends who come over and if my wife wants to play a few rounds of 2nd impact

Anonymous

isnt this the same game where half of the collection is street fighter 2?

Anonymous

It was literally every Street Fighter game except for SF4 and the EX games.

Anonymous

why is there no street figher one in the collection?

Anonymous

I fucking suck at fighting games, but I want to play some 3S.
      Is the game active on PS4? And please, don’t say
      >git FightCade, you mongoloid
      because only autists are there.

Anonymous

on PS4 you’re probably subject to automatic matchmaking.

there are always new players joining 3S on Fightcade
        plenty of C- and D-Ranks going around
        if you wanna have games at your skill-level, you can challenge those guys directly.

Anonymous

>because only autists are there.
        You’re looking to play a fighting game populated mostly by deadbeat stoner dads, you think the console is going to change that?

Anonymous

its a ROM dump what did you expect

Anonymous

> buys SF Anniversary Collection on PS4
      > looks through menus for SF2 Anime movie

…I’ve made a terrible mistake

Anonymous

I wonder why the Collection doesn’t also include that Ultra SF2 version? I know it was released on…Switch maybe? Like theoretically the latest update to SF2 that came out a few years ago and…I think its only on Switch? Shouldn’t that be included as well and now on PC etc..?

Anonymous

Digital Eclipse literally just does nothing but release low effort rom dumps as collections. They don’t even make any improvements and justify it by saying they’re "preserving the original experience" or whatever line of bullshit. Versus mode and training mode is pretty much just save states and some adjusted dip switch settings.

Digital Eclipse is a joke and companies who use them to port their old games should be called out for it. The SamSho collection is the same way and IIRC runs like complete shit too and on PC is a memory hog for some reason.

Anonymous

>Ultra
        that’s something else. It’s not a ROM. Netcode is a lot better than sf30th too. You can save match replays, make your own custom fighter colours, switch between HD and original audio/visuals etc. It’s pretty much a fully fledged native release.

Anonymous

Ah. Okay, well..still not on PC, sadly? I mean…maybe it can be played on Yuzu or Ryujinx and with some sort of Steam Link / Parsec style sharing, but really they should just make a PC native version

Anonymous

OP join the alpha 3 discord they can help you get started out with the game. Again please don’t play Gief especially given that this is your first FG, his jump ins are very dumb and Sakura/Gen are basically the only characters that can normal AA them consistently online. Most Gief players resort to online gimmicks.

>Netcode is a lot better than sf30th too
          You’re insane if you think that

Anonymous

>join the discord
            Nah, I’m not going to ERP with transgender dudes.

Anonymous
                Anonymous

Everytime I tried to do anything it popped up with an error along the lines of "cannot open link fightcade://whatever"

Anonymous

>the a3 discord isn’t like that
                All discords are like that: gay ERP and a couple idiots pretending they’re big shots because they’re friends with the admin.

Anonymous

>a couple idiots pretending they’re big shots because they’re friends with the admin.
                  Always the way with forums/discords. That is the why anonposting will always be far superior. Doesn’t get weighed down with nearly as much bullshit.

Anonymous

Fightcade prospered for years before Discord ever existed, but now ERPers pretend that you can’t play any online game without getting into a Discord server first.

Anonymous

A lot of fighting games aren’t on Fightcade, genius. And if the niche game in question has a less than stellar lobby function then how do you propose people find matches?

Anonymous

not him but never have difficulty finding a match with randoms in 30th whenever I’ve played it. I would hate to be dependent on trannycord

Anonymous

Sometimes people don’t like waiting in ranked queued for a couple hours. Now Trannycords are pretty bad, but when it’s a really niche fighting game and its run by someone who isn’t a tool (i.e. NOT the TvC and CvS servers) then it’s a great time where people almost exclusively talk about the game.

Because this is a fightcade thread and we’re specifically talking in the context of fightcade.

You brought up Discord. Blame yourself for the topic getting derailed, idiot.

Anonymous

>Sometimes people don’t like waiting in ranked queued for a couple hours
                        Blame the players for thinking matchmaking is the only way to play online games.

Anonymous

Discord is good for nothing outside transgender dudes pretending to be half-naked anime girls or coordinating raids on websites.
                        Stop trying to force the idea that you will never be able to play an online niche game if you don’t join ERP.net

Anonymous

Yeah man, sure. Here’s a screenshot of those tranny boogymen out to get you by the way. They sure are scheming and planning what with all that fighting game talk going on.

Anonymous

Because this is a fightcade thread and we’re specifically talking in the context of fightcade.

Anonymous

>Fightcade prospered for years before Discord ever existed, but now ERPers pretend that you can’t play any online game without getting into a Discord server first.
                      A3 was horrible on fightcade, it was extremely laggy. It was dead, there were no good players. I was there. It’s been better recently after Riz0ne started to shill it.

Anonymous

>but acting like every discord is tranny ERP is delusional
                        That wasn’t me anon, I’m just the dude that asked you questions about A3.

Anonymous

Just post the fucking link.

Anonymous

I’m on Linux. Got fightcade, got the ROMs but fightcade itself was completely broken when trying to start a game. Will have to mess around with the configs or just dual boot again I guess.

Anonymous

>You’re insane if you think that
            every other match on 30th is a stutter fest. Playable but a stutter fest

Anonymous

I’ll join the Alpha 3 Discord if you can answer these questions correctly. I already know the answers, so you’d better convince me with what you’ve learned from that server:
            >which -ism is Boxer viable with?
            >what mechanic is responsible for most infinites in A3?
            >who are Karin’s best three counterpicks?

Anonymous

Whats a good gamepad for fighters?

Anonymous

Any that you’re comfortable with

Let nobody tell you that you need a certain type of gamepad or fightstick to get good. Everything is viable

Case in point: This guy beat a Guilty Gear tournament with a fucking steering wheel
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_irhlVNkKM

Anonymous

I got the Street Fighter collection from a humble bundle and I’m reliving my childhood by playing Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition solo.
      I just wish I could get good at them to actually try my luck against human players I don’t mind losing; not being able to put a good fight for the other player is what shames me. .

Anonymous

I have gotten every humble monthly, what bundle was this in?

Anonymous

It was on a (pretty spectacular; it had Resident Evils, Megaman 11 and even Dragon’s Dogma) Capcom bundle a couple years ago but only now I’m getting into it.

Anonymous

>super meter isn’t always at 100 during training (at least in alpha 3) so trying to practice getting the super right for zangief was a pain in the ass. The PS1 version had a better practice mode.

It should have an option for full meter, no? There’s definitely training mode hacks for emulators.

Anonymous

obviously fightcade is the shit but i hook my switch up to a projector and play tons of shit with my friends on the side of my house so having third strike in the rotation makes this collection worth it.

Anonymous

Nobody uses 30th to play A3. You need to use fightcade (as shitty as it is). Also don’t play Gief, he’s really dumb in that game and I think his low IQ gorilla playstyle will give you some bad habits. I suggest starting with one of

>Ryu
      >Charlie
      >Sakura

Given that this is your first fighting game. I think Sakura or Charlie. They have great buttons. Just learn the lk lk st.lk combo with Sakura.

Anonymous

3S runs odd on the collection, and I’m not sure why. I use it for training mode but play on fightcade, and I swear it feels smoother on fightcade. But I’m not sure why because they’re both running at 60 fps. I think the collection might have motion blur.

Anonymous

Yeah, they fucked with 3s some, makes the whole thing worthless.

Anonymous

>2
      >third strike
      >alpha 3
      Are those the only three worth playing?

Anonymous

super sf2 turbo has god tier difficulty campaign

Anonymous

A2 > A3, but both are good
        2nd Impact has some interesting points over 3rd Strike (3rd Stike is overall the better game though)
        Ex2+ is a good game in it’s own right even though it’s early 3d and not even made by Capcom.
        Those would be the best if you’re /only/ talking about SF. Tons of other good things from Capcom as a whole.

Anonymous

Yeah, just the sf 30th itself. Used to play alpha 3 on ps1 and heard the parrying in third impact is satisfying to pull off

Anonymous

I really wish we’d get the EX games re-released. I mean I doubt Arika would be against the extra money and they and Capcom seem to have a good relationship with them considering the EX costumes in SF5.

Anonymous

where does one go if he wants to play usf4 or w/e the final edition of that was?

Anonymous

Both the PC and PS4 versions have players. And thanks to it not using m*tchmaking you can get games very quickly despite the relatively low player count.

Anonymous

i have it on steam and can never get players when i try :((

Anonymous

Reminder that 30th is so barebones it doesn’t even have sound options.

Anonymous

>30th anniversary collection
      Isn’t the Pc version buggy? You should probably stick with fightcade.

Anonymous

>download fightcade
      >set it up
      >try to play game together with bro
      >i see him teleport around in fightans
      I sure hate how i am confined to wifi because of the appartment structure so even rollback cant save me

Anonymous

Just get a cable and run it
        Zero reason to over complicate things

Anonymous

I wish i could cable it but we talking over 20 meters cable that would need to go through walls because of building structure so rip,will stick to coop games

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Is the internet connection not actually yours? Is it hosted by a school or the apartment complex? If the modem cant be moved then just fucking drill some small 1/2” holes and run a cable, like who cares. And when you move just putty the holes so no one knows.

Anonymous

I bought this for Switch at my local Meijer for $20
      I’ve played maybe 5 out of the however many versions of SF
      played the computer and lost on the first round most of the time
      played for a total of two hours
      I got my money’s worth. would recommend

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.