If a game plays itself, what does the player do?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard If a game plays itself, what does the player do?

• This topic has 59 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

If a game plays itself, what does the player do?

Anonymous

Collect dopamine from numbers going up, and then spend money to gamble.

Anonymous

farm dopamine passively while things happen
      this is just cookie clicker

Anonymous

Autochess falls into the same kind of "idle game" territory as something like Loop Hero, where if you actually stop paying attention to the game for more than a minute or two you will start getting fucked. Idle games are in a different category where they can be actively ignored and checked on once in a while.

Anonymous

by falls into the same category i mean they aren’t fucking idle games

Anonymous

Spend money.

Anonymous

This, blue archive is a good example you have 0 control over the girls and sometimes even the skills you just sit there and win or get fucked, funny thing is that those games are getting more common since they’re just to play on your way to work or something so things are gonna keep heading for that way.

Anonymous

>She thinks theres going to be work in the future

Anonymous

where else are you going to get the money for microtransactions

Anonymous

progress quest was ahead of its time

Anonymous

We had the same thing in a lot of games.
      Its called setting max CPU difficulty for all players and watching shit go down.

Anonymous

It doesn’t literally play itself. It’s basically fantasy football manager for chinks.

Anonymous

pretend like they’re the ones in charge of everything

Anonymous

I always said Majesty on mobile made so much sense. They released it too early in the app store’s life. If they did today with decent marketing and gacha, it’d probably sell like hotcakes.

Anonymous

Less player control means more dev control, so they can keep "balancing" the game without fear of petty things like individual skill breaking the approved meta, tailored for maximum MTX.

Anonymous

we have "story mode" in games now. no one is playing games, they are just watching it. no one is looking for a challenge.

Anonymous

As someone who has over 500 hours in dota2 and has never played a single match of dota2, I feel like I’m well qualified to speak as someone who has an affinity for autochess. Disclaimer I play the original Autochess mod EXCLUSIVELY. I do not play underlings or whatever the LoL one is called, nor do I play the phone one (Autochess is a PC game).

You do not let "the computer play for you" in these games. This is just comical, the computer does not play the game. If you tried to let your computer play the game YOU WOULD LOSE. Not only would loss be guaranteed, but it would be swift and you would be mocked by the other players of the game. Any real autochess player knows that when someone doesn’t place any units they are probably in the bathroom taking a shit. Autochess players don’t shit, it’s a fact.

When you play an RTS game are you telling every single unit when to pull the trigger on their guns? No pro player could hit those APMs. I’m sorry but this article is just unrealistic and I firmly believe this is clickbait and I won’t stand for it. Autochess is a thinking mans game, and the computer DOES NOT play it for you. I have reached Queen rank multiple times in my Autochess career, if the computer played the game for you the rankings would simply not exist.

Anonymous

Do zoomers really? Truly the most worthless generation

Anonymous

Micromanage. Feels good to make progress with minimal effort and then when you really wanna play you can.

Anonymous

Sit down and watch the bullshit unfold

Anonymous

Autochess is just a turn-based RPG

Anonymous

paypig

Anonymous

collect dopamine and pay cash.

Anonymous

Why are these things even called video games?

Anonymous

what else would you call them

Anonymous

they are 100x more video games than VN’s are and those are still called vidya

Anonymous

You haven’t played one have you? I have, and i’m telling you that VN’s are full of puzzles and you have to pay attention. They do not play themselves by any means.

Anonymous

I didn’t say they were auto games, i said they were glorified picture books.

Anonymous

Watches. That’s how The Witcher/RDR2/Ghost of Sushi/LOU etc work. It’s just like Netflix ™

Anonymous

Only somewhat related but I really miss the age of Tower Defenses.

Anonymous

There are still decent tower defense games here and there. Legion TD 2 just released i think, there was a new GemCraft not long ago, new Creeper World. I’ve been playing Riftbreaker and while it’s not pure TD it’s a huge element and it’s a lot of fun (mainly on surivival, campaign is cool but its slow on easier difficulties).

Anonymous

Legion TD 2 is really really good. There’s also Elemental TD 2 on steam which is bretty good. Both come from the Warcraft III custom maps days. I can’t stand TDs that don’t for some reason, could never get into balloons TD or kingdom rush or any of that shit.

Anonymous

still waiting on a retail indie version of Farm TD. I don’t think it’s gonna happen though

Anonymous

>turning players into payers

Anonymous

Pay

Anonymous

Logistics, melanoid.

Anonymous

Spend money to make numbers go up

Anonymous

spend money so the game plays itself faster and you get a sense of pride and accomplishment

Anonymous

Your mom

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.