I’m done pretending this wasnt a masterpiece.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard I’m done pretending this wasnt a masterpiece.

• This topic has 116 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m done pretending this wasnt a masterpiece.

Anonymous

First had SOUL. Second didnt

Anonymous

YOU ARE
        THE BLOOD

Both have souls

Anonymous

It wasn’t

Anonymous

It was garbage

Anonymous

literal glass houses and corridors with enemies off screen that can still shoot you: the game

Anonymous

Ganker got filtered since they couldn’t just run at the enemies and punch them anymore. The gameplay, music and story were all leagues ahead of hm1 though. HM1 is like a little amateur demo for the real game.

Anonymous

have a nice day faggot

Anonymous

being contrarian doesn’t make you right

Anonymous

You’re the contrarian. HM2 is widely considered a better game outside of here. And for good reason.

Anonymous

>HM2 is widely considered a better game outside of here.
            in what planet?

Anonymous

Literally anywhere. I always get a laugh from casuals complaining about level design slowing you down, when each level was actually designed to fly through it with a perfect combo once you figure out the ideal path. You just don’t hold w and win automatically like in HM1. HM1 had almost zero story, it was all a setup for the actual story that was put into HM2. HM1 by itself doesn’t hold up at all. The only reason to think otherwise is you’re too retarded to even tell what is going on in either game.

Anonymous

>HM1 by itself doesn’t hold up at all.
                melanoid opinion

Anonymous

>doesn’t have any valid points
                  >obsessed with diverse folk
                  Go back now

Anonymous

I’ve seen nothing but complaints about HM2 and anytime anyone says it’s better than HM1 that opinion is usually backed by “erm just get gud?” so it can be instantly disgregarded

Anonymous

>HM1 had almost zero story

You’re easily the most dense retard on Ganker

Anonymous

>HM2 is widely considered a better game outside of here
            actual gaslighting

Anonymous

Music was great, won’t deny that.
        but it still is the inferior game

Anonymous

>HM1 is like a little amateur demo for the real game
        I replayed 1 shortly after finishing 2 and it did seem that way.

Anonymous

Based. It’s a lot more polished and slick. Going back to 1 you really feel the chunkiness of the combat, plus melee weapons and the assault rifle are really weird.

Anonymous

I like the characters and story but this game can be pretty buggy compared to 1. Having dogs jump through stair-corners and grunts walk off into the void isn’t very cool.

Anonymous

1 had really solid level design and a really solid story. 2 had more variation and stuff in terms of level design and story but in terms of actual quality I dunno if it reached the same heights.

Anonymous

I love this game, it’s a shame that it’s so short

Anonymous

Indians love HLM2

Anonymous

its at the point where i count both the first and second as one game. i dont like choosing one over the other because they did different things

Anonymous

It’s total bullshit in terms of difficulty, but once you figure it out I think it’s a lot more fun than the first one

Anonymous

Imagine getting filtered by hotline miami

Anonymous

the Richter levels were the best part

Anonymous

I preferred the Son and the Soldier even though the Son’s levels are extremely hard.

Anonymous

They got the best music

Anonymous

the second one is garbage, made for console, linear level design that tries to pretend otherwise.

first one is perfect though.

Anonymous

The story and characters were more interesting than the first one but gameplay was way worse aside from some gimmicks like playing two characters at the same time

Anonymous

Felt like a shitty mod to the first game. Idea of diffrent masks are ruined, horrible levels.

Anonymous

it sucked compared to hlm1, couple good songs though

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Hard mode sucked pretty bad and there was too much storypooping, but it was a decent sequel. Not as good as the original, but still okay.

Anonymous

They literally made the game bad on purpose, anyone who doesn’t understand this is a fucking dunce. It wasn’t a coincidence that it had several wide-open levels full of gun-toting soldiers and others that were mostly windows. They wanted us to have a bad time.

Anonymous

this. People missed the point of hotline miami 2 so they made it more obvious in the story and gameplay. the game is asking why do you keep coming back to kill?

Anonymous

bros will we ever get an adaptation with ryan gosling as jacket???

Anonymous

Never seen “drive”?

Anonymous

yeah but i want an actual hotline miami movie, like a drive and only god forgives fusion.

Anonymous

Same. Optimistic though. They’d probably make it cringe like the payday short films

Anonymous

the payday short films were based

Anonymous

To each their own. I never found the movie stepbrothers funny either yet I find tropic thunder hilarious…

Anonymous

haha fuck i forgot about those movies

Anonymous

Bad Santa is the peak of pre censorship comedy though. Definitely check that one out

Anonymous

yeah, bad santa is a classic, these old comedy movies have a really comfy feeling.

Anonymous

>play the duology last year
      >though the first game was meh
      >absolutely loved the second game and has become one of my favorite games of all time

>look at discussion online
      >people have the exact opposite opinions on them

Anonymous

Custom levels and custom shit post were sick

Anonymous

why are retards mad because of the windows and getting shot out of view, you do realize you can just move your camera to see where the enemies are right? just admit that you got your ass kicked by the vietnam levels and you’re bad.

Anonymous

I actually really liked the vietnam levels, mostly the last one since it gives you a sniper with which you can eviscerate things from afar.
        The rest not so much

Anonymous

yeah the sniper rifle is pretty satisfying to use.

Anonymous

For the simple fact that Hotline Miami is a fast game and the enemy AI’s detection radius is close to the maximum camera distance. It forces players to play counter to the "flow" of the game, the gameplay gets dangerously close to being some sort of top-down cover shooter.

I tried to finish it but I couldnt because I didnt understand the Detective Guy missions. why was he doing it? just who the hell was Manny Pardo?

He had thick skin.

Anonymous

i do agree that some levels may turn in to a cover shooter, but if you get used to them it becomes really smooth to go through these levels.

Anonymous

I didn’t find 2 harder than 1, maybe only that one vietnam level.
      If Jerma taught me anything is that most people cruised through 1 without learning basic mechanics like the fact that you cannot exit the building after entering it

Anonymous

The dock level was the hardest for me on the hardest difficulty. I was playing on a MacBook using the trackpad though…

Anonymous

I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece, but it was decent. Definitely not as good as the first, unfortunately

Anonymous

Based OP and fellow Hotline Miami appreciators.

Anonymous

>real human bean
        >and a real hero

Anonymous

I tried to finish it but I couldnt because I didnt understand the Detective Guy missions. why was he doing it? just who the hell was Manny Pardo?

Anonymous

He’s on the quest to catch the Miami Mutilator, the most elusive criminal of Miami

Anonymous

He’s trying to get the infamous miami mutilator. The case is incredibly deep and has a lot of interesting facets to it as well as evidence. Better than the masked maniac

Anonymous

Oh, you want your fifteen minutes of fame, huh?

Anonymous

2 is bad because I can’t pick Tony and rush through levels and beat them on the first try.

Anonymous

this
        only flaw is you are stuck to 1-4 masks per stage
        fucking shit

Anonymous

Worse than that, the stages where you can select radically different masks (the fans’ and the son’s levels) aren’t designed to accommodate them at all.

Death Wish is the worst example, because you’re locked into playing each character on their respective floor, but the game goes out of its way to fuck you over
          >Running down the hallway with Mark attracts an enemy who shoots you before you can recenter your aim
          >Rolling through the right room on Corey’s floor will get you killed 9/10 times
          >Tony’s floor is filled with windows and forces you to hug corners

Anonymous

FUCK Tony’s floor
            one of the few parts I considered genuinely bullshit.
            >t. enjoyed beard’s levels

Anonymous

Keeping the Combo going when you’re forced to take cover so you can get past the fucking window guys is such a sack of shit, I fucking HATE that floor

Anonymous

Did you get filtered on hard mode?

Anonymous

I just got to level 8 on hard mode. trying to take it slowly so i dont overstress and keep my cool.

Anonymous

Hotline Miami 1+2 are the only PC games I have ever bothered going for 100% achievements. What surprised me is thag I got the all A+ ranks and Hard Mode completed before I got the one for the kill count. Had to grind out a long ass while before that one was done.

Anonymous

GENOCIDE is completely retarded, it practically requires farming to get.
          It’d be so much better if it tracked your kills in custom levels, besides, there’d be no difference between a genocide farming level and spamming the first floor of first blood to get it.

Anonymous

I got it trying to beat hard mode
            i suck at video games
            helps that the game felt great to actually play so I didnt mind dying so much

Anonymous

holy shit i forgot this level existed and on hard this is horseshit

Anonymous

This on hard fuck me so goddamn hard. At least the normal one is fun. Full comboing normal Dead Ahead is just too much fun.

Anonymous

I’ve completed Hard mode but gave up on A ranks when I got to play Power Plant level again. Fuck this level
        I S-ranked first Richter level (because I couldn’t get A-rank) so I could say I A-ranked 2/3 of the normal mode

Anonymous

It’s not a masterpiece. Level design is extremely bad compared to the first one.

Anonymous

HM2 is worse than HM1 level design wise, however the more refined mechanics make it really hard to go back to HM1. Picking up weapons feels a lot more responsive in 2, guns are a lot better, and the guy that dodges ranged attacks is a nice addition to levels.
      The criticism of the level design, however, is perfectly justified as it becomes even more of a trial-and-error game than the first. With the abundance of windows greatly reducing the ‘think quick and save yourself from a fuckup’ moments and instead turning them into a ‘lmao get fucked and restart’ moment.
      There are levels in HM2 that I prefer to HM1s levels, dead ahead comes to mind, but it’s a lot more inconsistent.
      They’re both masterpieces, though a lot of the shade HM2 gets thrown is justified.
      I will never forgive them for slowing down melee executions in 2.

Anonymous

I think that some of the improvements is due to them rebuilding the game engine. That’s why the two games played so different and also why there were more glitches in 2

Anonymous

HM1 for the level design, being able to pick any mask you want, and focused tone.
      HM2 for the story and characters.
      They’re both great but I definitely found myself getting more frustrated by off screen enemies shooting a pea through glass panes. Ruins the idea that you really could beat each level on your first attempt if you were good enough.

Anonymous

Hotline Miami 2 is to Hotline Miami 1 what Touhou LoLK is to Touhou MoF

Anonymous

>Hehehe bro go get the ammo from the box every two seconds
      >Are you excited for less than half of the customization the first game gave you to your approach for each level
      >Hey bro what if I threw several hundred really long hallways into the game so you basically have to glue your finger to a key that didn’t even matter in the first game
      >Hey bro what if I overexplain the shit out of the vague psychedelic story of the first game and pretend its really emotional and deep
      >OMINOUS CHICKEN MAN EVERY 5 SECONDS
      >What if we delayed our level editor over a year then released it really fucking broken after everyone’s already done with the game
      Go ahead and name me the feature that makes this rehash of a sequel better than the first game, I have legitimately waited years to hear it. It is a more difficult game than the first game, yep got that, there’s more enemies and levels are bigger so naturally its gonna be harder. So what is it you like about this piece of shit more? Just the difficulty? Because its got nothing else that’s new and the story blows cock.

Anonymous

Better than nothing but the first was better. I’d still buy a 3rd game even though I’d expect it to be worse

Anonymous

I NEED MORE HOTLINE MIAMI IN MY LIFE
      SOMEONE PLEASE JUST MAKE A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR ALREADY

Anonymous

katana zero

Anonymous

bloodbath kavkaz

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

ost was good, not even joking

Anonymous

there was a planned movie but the plans fell through after the studio didnt want the animal masks

Anonymous
      Anonymous

i don’t know about any kind of masterpiece, but. you know what?. i liked it.

Anonymous

Just started playing this.

So far, I can appreciate it for what it is and it’s tons of fun. But the themes, story, madness, violence and characters have kind of taken a hit in the sequel.

They’re not bad, but there was a type of disconcerting insanity and animalistic pain amidst all the grime. It felt like horror.

The sequel is way too sleek. It’s a different type of animal. If the sequel so far is an impressive thoroughbred race horse, the first game is a unicorn in the wild.

Anonymous

I wholeheartedly believe that HM1+2 is the height of narrative achievement in vidya.

Anonymous

i really like this image, can i save it?

Anonymous

Am I the only one that thought 2 wasn’t any harder than 1? The main thing I hear about it is that it’s way harder than the first game, right from the first level but I thought it might’ve actually been easier than the first game if anything.

Anonymous

Youre one of the people who learned to not be a shitter and hotline miami "clicked"

Anonymous

I dont understand the desire to start fights within fandoms. Every fucking series has these "Game #2 is better than Game #3" wars, every single one and most of the time it’s not even light hearted banter but straight up wars.
      I just love both games.

Anonymous

This is the correct opinion. Both games are great.

Anonymous

Hello. This is a video game discussion forum, they are common on the internet although webforums usually use usernames ("screen nicks"). If you dislike the idea if discussion of video games, you can navigate elsewhere with Ctrl+L (or CMD+L if using an Apple computer), the whirlwind internet has a place for everything!

Anonymous

trying too hard

Anonymous

kys

Anonymous

>>>/vg/

Anonymous

[…]

Anonymous

You’re taking shit too seriously.
        Both games are ok but it shouldn’t piss you off if people think one game is better than the other.

Anonymous

This is the same retard that makes the Fallout 3 threads, isn’t he?
      I’m starting to believe that anyone that uses the Chad photos has actual brain damage.

Anonymous

I think the biggest flaw whit 2 was that it feelt like a straight up sequel, hold up before you call me a retard, what i mean whit this is that they expect you to know the world rules, the first level on HM1 was ok a bit hard for a first timer but not imposible, the first level on 2? it felt like middle game level straight from one, no difficulty scaling, you start in the middle and it gets worse, doesnt help that they went full poopyholes whit the windows, however once you dominate it, boy if its fun.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>sponsored
        Gay

Anonymous

>waaah I dont have the brain to understand what the game means to say as its message someone help 🙁
        Christ this guys a faggot

Anonymous

HM2 contrarians are worse than DS2 contrarians

Anonymous

no

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.