In general, would you say that western game reviewers have a bias against Japanese games? There are …

Home Forums A haunted junk yard In general, would you say that western game reviewers have a bias against Japanese games? There are …

• This topic has 62 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

In general, would you say that western game reviewers have a bias against Japanese games? There are exceptions, of course.

Anonymous

Sure but its a cultural bias because they dont understand the culture.
      Neither do most people here for that matter.

Anonymous

And yet, they claim to be culturally tolerant.

[…]

Muslims literally fuck children on the daily. No one criticizes them.

Anonymous

>nobody criticizes muslims
          kek

Anonymous

I mean, no one outside of the few hundred people on /poo/.

Anonymous

Bro why are people on twitter worried for Afghanistan? Not because they’re following Buddhism

Anonymous

Because their skin is brown and the media tells them to.

Anonymous

because the Taliban banned raping little boys?

Anonymous

Do you genuinely think the average normie believes pederasty is fine?

Anonymous

yea

Anonymous

Yes, because the news tells them it is.

have you faggots been outside lately? spoken to any normies? do you think cunts are even watching television? have you ever been more than one mile away from the nearest bus stop/train station? Fucking schizoids

Anonymous

I am a landscaper who owns his own company. I talk to dozens of people a day.

Anonymous

do you talk to your posh cunt clients about the morality of paedophilia?

Anonymous

Yes, because the news tells them it is.

Anonymous

>Muslims literally fuck children on the daily.

Anonymous

[…]

Thanks for proving my point I guess.

Anonymous

Absolutely. Any game that does not clearly state its own intentions of what it wants the player to feel gets written off as "weird Japanese shit."

Anonymous

sekiro won goty, so no.
      >nooo that’s an exception
      if the exception is only for good games then….hmm…

Anonymous

Sekiro won as journalist cope for saying it needed an easy mode so they could save face. It was my goty that year too, but don’t act like the people who voted for it weren’t the same ones who said it needed to be easier.

Anonymous

>dude journalism easy mode reptilian conspiracy
          Fully retarded

Sekiro is heavily based on western AAA though and is from the subset of Japanese devs who just want to copy westerners though

>Sekiro is heavily based on western AAA
          Slightly less retarded than the other guy but still really bad. Westerners did not invent stealth action games nor are any western beat em ups designed around Royalguarding enemies

Anonymous

Um, when a shit ton of blogs all ran similar stories when Sekiro came out, it’s not a conspiracy, you dumb fuck.

Anonymous

You think it’s organic for multiple corporations to push the same message at once? Lol

you mean the same three headlines Ganker spammed for months?

Anonymous

There were more headlines, but that’s besides the point. People join groups all the time, whether they’re mailing lists or discord servers. If you think that it’s impossible for a journalist to join one then you’re very dumb.

Anonymous
                  Anonymous

>It is hilarious how people will defend multi-billion dollar companies if they state obvious truths

Anonymous

Yes, I’m sure these companies have no reason at all to lie to consumers. Let me guess, if McDonald’s says its burgers are healthy, it’s true.

Anonymous

You’re comparing the McLibel case to journalists saying games should have difficulty options? You’re like a parody of gamergaters

Anonymous

You seem upset.

Anonymous

wanting easy mode is an opinion, just take your L

Anonymous

Somebody stating that they would have had more fun with a game if the game’s difficulty suited their skill level is an evident truth, from hard games being too hard, to easy games being too easy. Getting upset at that is like being upset that a game has options for mixing the audio.

Anonymous

Except that’s not true, they wouldn’t have had more fun with the game, because the game wouldn’t be fun without the difficulty level it was designed around. The actual "truth" is that they’re lashing out in frustration because they refuse to take responsibility for their own mistakes and are delusional enough to believe it’s a flaw with the game if they struggle with something, and not a flaw with their own lack of ability and unwillingness to improve.

Anonymous

Who the fuck says they’re upset? All we’re saying is that if you don’t like hard games, then don’t try to play them, rather than trying to day the devs of those games should cater to you instead of you just fucking off to [play what you actually like.

Anonymous

You think it’s organic for multiple corporations to push the same message at once? Lol

Anonymous

he probably also thinks twitter’s trending section is organic too.

Anonymous

It’s really funny how conspiring suddenly becomes impossible for a well known or wealthy corporation. They have NDAs and whistle-blowers for crying out loud lmao

People don’t know the exact motive behind that conspiring, but it’s never tinfoil tier to speculate.

Anonymous

Sekiro is heavily based on western AAA though and is from the subset of Japanese devs who just want to copy westerners though

Anonymous

I don’t know many western AAA games like Sekiro.

Anonymous

There’s a bias in the sense that they haven’t seen their full catalogue. People complaining about JRPG teens would be like other countries claiming that our all of our movies are superhero films or that all of our videogames are FIFA and GTA.

Anonymous

>dog and white girl party
      kino

Anonymous

The best kind.

Anonymous

I think it is more that they have a bias towards western perspectives because they are western

Anonymous

Or, because they’re trash and most Western games are trash. Also, that doesn’t explain why so many people here tend to prefer Japanese games, despite not being from Japan.

Anonymous

I don’t understand why there is games journalism and despise everyone that relies on them to decide what to play or support their work in any way.

Anonymous

Because they’re used to everyone sucking their cocks and people like us aren’t afraid to call them out on their bullshit.

Anonymous

>Thanks for proving my point I guess.

Anonymous

If that’s your only argument, than you’ve already lost.

Anonymous

The best part is that it’s always the same fag making these posts. He always forgets to actually reply to the specific post

Anonymous

Hewy man, sticking it to those evil nazis on Ganker takes a lot of work and dedication. They can barely remember to dilate, much less do this properly.

Anonymous

>If that’s your only argument, than you’ve already lost.

Anonymous

If that’s your only argument, than you’ve already lost.

>Thanks for proving my point I guess.

[…]

have a nice day Wojakshitters.

Anonymous

Yes, they often grade them worse and decry certain things that are in western games that they have no problem with.

But a lot of Japanese games are more AA lower budget heavy on action and most reviewers like AAA cinematic games.

Anonymous

Yes. Just look at DMC5 and compare the journalist reaction to DmC: Devil May Cry, the western made entry.

Anonymous

Now that you mention it, shit, you have a point.

Anonymous

No it’s just weebs who have the opposite bias of thinking anything that is Japanese is inherently better. That isn’t to say that Japanese games are bad, but only that you guys are liable to give too more credit than a game deserves. That also isn’t to say that western ‘gaming journalists’ (or from any region, for that matter) can’t be fucking retarded.

Anonymous

Or, people who prefer games to have actual gameplay
        >but muh final fantasy and metal gear
        Yes, because those are all Japan makes.

Anonymous

Pretty much since the beginning of time. Only Mario and Zelda ever gets a pass.

Anonymous

Who gives a shit game reviews are worthless also I have no platform preference so it doesnt matter to me how well or badly a game did on metacritic for shitposting purposes

Anonymous

You’re right, but it doesn’t stop others from being faggots.

Anonymous

[…]

Wait this is an actual things japs do give cartoon characters the 5th fingers so people dont thin they are yakuza? thats pretty fucking funny never knew about that

Anonymous

SLAM

Anonymous

Western game reviewers critique a game based on a normie westerners mindset. If a Jap game is more serious in tone and appeals to western audiences then of course reviewers will like it. It’s only when we get total weeb shit that reviewers lose their cool because most FIFA and GTA players wont want that weirdo shit.

Anonymous

>Did Sephiroth… do this?
      No he fucking diddled it, he daddled it, what do you mean did he DO this?

Anonymous

In general would you say anon on Ganker has a bias towards nipponese interactive digitalised software?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.