Is Final Fantasy XV really that bad? I’m really desperate for a Final Fantasy fix but I keep he…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Is Final Fantasy XV really that bad? I’m really desperate for a Final Fantasy fix but I keep he…

• This topic has 61 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is Final Fantasy XV really that bad? I’m really desperate for a Final Fantasy fix but I keep hearing some bad shit about it so I never bothered to play it. Is there any redeeming qualities to play it?

Anonymous

It’s really that fucking bad. And the PC version has a stutter issue.

Anonymous

The game starts by begging you to
      STAND BY ME.

No. That’s how you know it’s terrible.

Anonymous

It’s comfy-ish, and generally gorgeous. Performance is very hit-or-miss on PC, but I pushed through to the end. I appreciated the world, environment, and creature design, but the gameplay loop is pretty one-note with little to recommend it, and the plot is spotty at best and still feels underdeveloped, despite all the updates.

That said, if you keep your expectations low-low-low-low-LOW, and approach it as a very pretty and well-scored walking simulator, you might get some pleasure out of it. Only pick it up if it goes on sale, though.

Anonymous

It’s a nice exploration game. The gameplay sucks, but it has some nice moments. Just don’t go in expecting an epic adventure, there are far better games if that’s what you’re looking for.

Anonymous

>there are far better games if that’s what you’re looking for.
        like what? im interested

Anonymous

XV haters are annoying.

Anonymous

make ur counter argument then i wanna hear it

Anonymous

we get it the game is flawed and blah blah blah failed promise blah blah blah. you just keep repeating this shit over and over like a monkey on steroids. i don’t even see viii get this much hate and it’s pretty much on the same boat.

Anonymous

>asked why game is bad
            >give reasons why gane is bad
            >fanboy throws a sissy fit
            Wew

Anonymous

We’re simply reciprocating the annoyance that playing FFXV has given us.

shrug it was an okay game but you guys act like it’s the spawn of satan and you’re religious nuts. like damn we get it. I hate DQ2 too but i don’t go sperg about it.

Anonymous

melanoid the OP asked why we think the game is bad and we gave a reason, what the fuck are you expecting? Why don’t you give a reason why you enjoy the game instead of whining?

Anonymous

we’ve been through this song and dance so many times like cycles of sin from ffx. isn’t it enough to just end the cycle?

Anonymous

I think it’s disingenuous to compare VIII and XV in that regard, even if one hates everything about VIII. It’s apples to oranges — or, rather, oranges to turnips: you can hate both (or love both), but one’s love or hate for either is incommensurate to that for the other. Even if one thinks VIII is a trainwreck, it was purposefully designed to be that specific trainwreck, whereas XV was far more a victim circumstantial exigencies (mismanagement, poor planning, sunk cost, etc.) that resulted in the train jumping the tracks. For that reason (and also that it is fresher in memory), perhaps, XV inspires more dismay and ire, since it never allows the player to forget "what it could have been."

Anonymous

8 is a complete game.

15 is like a fucking tech demo. The bulk of the game is just running around the open plains hunting shit. Then at the very end you get rail roaded into a section that rushes the story out faster than anything I’ve ever seen in my life.

Anonymous

>8 is a complete game

Anonymous

It is. Get over it retard.

Anonymous

We’re simply reciprocating the annoyance that playing FFXV has given us.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

i can’t be lazy if you keep regurgitating the same things over and over and over and over and over again. like moths to a flame.

Anonymous

Why are you even bothering posting in this thread you retard?

Anonymous

why are you if all you’re just gonna do is circlejerk over hating FFXV. we get it man it’s been 7 years. TORtanic really did a number on this site

Anonymous

Not him but you’ve failed to contribute meaningfully to the thread.
                Tell OP why you recommend or don’t recommend XV

Anonymous

same with yourself, what have you honestly contributed that hasn’t been memed for years?

Anonymous

That was my first comment, and I don’t have much hate for FFXV, but I certainly have zero love for it

Anonymous

>why are you if all you’re just gonna do is circlejerk over hating FFXV.
                I’m OP here. I would like someone to convince me to play it because, I love FF and I want to play it.. But I’m starting to be convinced it sucks by other Anons in this post. But if you don’t want to post that’s fine.

Anonymous

okay then play it. it has development problems but it’s still a high production square product. it’s unironically like watching a movie series except half way through they throw out disk one and put in disk 4 and say tough luck bitch.

Anonymous

I’m only asking because FFXV is over 100 gbs of tits and ass and I gotta free up space

Anonymous

it’s 2021 you can afford the storage. or get faster internet. it’s up to you am i your mom? it’s a fun 10 hours though before the fog of fun disappears then you’re kinda left with oh that’s it the game has to offer?

Anonymous

>it’s 2021 you can afford the storage.
                        I can and I don’t feel like ordering and waiting it for weeks in the mail. And I didn’t ask you about SSD cards. I’m asking you if it’s good. Why are you wasting all this time saying earlier you didn’t want to keep repeating yourself on why FFXV is good. You’re already putting all this effort in.

Anonymous

Sometimes one just needs to disengage and walk away.

Anonymous

what are you? jesus?

Anonymous

what are you? a women who doesn’t know when to walk away from an argument?

Anonymous

are you jesus tho?

Anonymous

>I’M LE TROLLING LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION ABOUT JESUS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY

Anon..

Anonymous

listen man just answer the question. final fantasy isn’t that serious. are you jesus?

Anonymous

I refuse to answer your question.

Anonymous

jesus.?

Anonymous

It has its merits but like he said about fog of fun, I got bored around 10 hours in and it was one of the first, if not the first, games to go when I needed space on my PS4 (this was a while back I play on PC these days)

Anonymous

Reminder this game was inspired by Witcher 3

Anonymous

It sucks, steer clear or buy on sale.

Anonymous

Its carries everything about how much you care about hanging out with your bros.

Anonymous

Is it really worse than 13? These days I’ve been seeing all this 13 contrarianism at the expense of 15.

Anonymous

oh come the fuck on you gotta bring 13 into this wankery now too? SIGH HERE WE GO AGAIN

Anonymous

The Japanese loved 13 when it was released. They loved the linearity but everyone outside of Japan hated it for being linear.

Anonymous

Better than 12.

Anonymous

Oof.

Anonymous

The Japanese loved 13 when it was released. They loved the linearity but everyone outside of Japan hated it for being linear.

15 has cool gameplay. But the story is pure shit. In fact, the story barely even exists.

13 isn’t hated for being linear. It’s hated because of the unfun mindless combat, the obnoxious characters, and the pants on dumb fucking plot, in addition to the hallway levels.

Anonymous

The combat is the best part of the game though. The plot isn’t any worse than the average FF. I liked all the characters even Hope.
          Character progression is garbage though. The Crystarium is somehow worse than the sphere grid. Not only is it braindead linear but locking off parts of it till you progress the story was just fucking retarded. Upgrading weapons is so tedious that it’s not even worth it unless you’re doing the shitty post game. You don’t even get gil from fights which is just retarded.

Anonymous

Nah. The combat is completely brainless. It’s for faggots who probably like naruto games. And the plot is far far far dumber than other final Fantasies. It’s all contrived nonsense.

Anonymous

>Is it really worse than 13?
        hell no

Anonymous

Yes its easily the worst mainline FF game.

Anonymous

I don’t want to say it’s bad, but it was mediocre and had no right to be as such after a decade of development.

Anonymous

well. yeah it did it had development issues which is why it got fucked

Anonymous

It’s better then 13 and I enjoyed it.

Anonymous

better than 12

Anonymous

The gameplay itself is a barely-adequate ARPG that can hardly be called Final Fantasy, It would be excusable if it was a fresh IP from some obscure AA European dev. All style, no substance.

What’s worse is that some retard at Squeenix wanted to get some big multimedia thing going so they gutted like half the plot so they could put it in "supplemental" material that’s vital to understanding anything. Without the novel, the film, and the DLC you’re strung along barely-connected events with no context.

Anonymous

>Without the novel, the film, and the DLC you’re strung along barely-connected events with no context.

I played about 20 hours of FFXV and it seemed to me that it the art style and tone were completely different to what is presented in the film. It’s also a fucking boring callow film, even for those who have been initiated in its universe by other media.

Anonymous

the characters interactions are decent and you can feel attached to it so thats why some people like, but the game itself is barebones by design to sell more spin offs and DLCs, even the mechanics feels barebone.

Anonymous

Theres a lot to enjoy about the game. Give it a shot if you find it on sale

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.