is there a bigger disgrace to a character than being relegated to a mii fighter costume?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard is there a bigger disgrace to a character than being relegated to a mii fighter costume?

• This topic has 110 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

is there a bigger disgrace to a character than being relegated to a mii fighter costume?
      these look ugly and are stuck to the most boring characters in the entire game.
      they could at least have some exclusive moves, voices or effects.

Anonymous

>Character too cool to be in game
      >You can only play an avatar of yourself pretending to be him, but not actually play him
      Idk

Anonymous

>Sans
      >Geno
      >Shantae
      >Cuphead
      >Altair
      >Vault Boy
      >Doom Guy
      >Others that I’m forgetting
      They look fine, and you can make Miis that complement them perfectly.
      I’m not a big fan of the Mii Fighters, but I’m glad these characters get a nod regardless. It’s better than being relegated to just a spirit, and better still than nothing at all. A place in the Video Game Hall of Fame, even as a footnote, is still an honor.

Anonymous

>you can make Miis that complement them perfectly
        you can’t. no matter how much you tweak their appearence, mii faces are just to simple to closely resemble anyone.

they should just have made them assist trophies instead.

Anonymous

They should have implemented the new Mii making system from that new game I can’t name right now,I saw pretty much ANYTHING done with it

Anonymous

the miitopia port, right? they shouldve updated the default mii maker and made it like that

Anonymous

the miitopia port, right? they shouldve updated the default mii maker and made it like that

Oh yeah. That would have been a vast improvement actually.

Sans and Cuphead look pretty good but they should have been actual fighters.

Because they wear masks so you don’t get to see the weird Mii face. It’s just like Doomguy.

Anonymous

even fucking cdi mario
            sm64 mario
            literally anything

Anonymous

really fucking impresive, but you’ve got to wonder how well many of them look when emoting

Anonymous
              Anonymous

I miss miitopia threads ;(

Anonymous

A lot of the problems would be solved just by using the new Miitopia editor instead of the old one. The old editor’s pretty awful for making anything that wasn’t an OC built around the limitations, since a lot of intricate parts of a character’s design can’t be replicated with the ones that exist there. Most Miis end up just vaguely looking like someone and nobody’d get who it was unless a nametag was attached.
                Also Mii Brawler is fun

Same here, anon. Hoping a Tomodachi game or something revives the Mii making craze

Anonymous

But they never tought on that because japs are dumb and short sighted.

Anonymous

They were something special…

Dammit Nintendo, make Tomodachi 3

Anonymous

They’ll never implement Miitopia makeup because they want to sell the Mii costumes with wigs. Making your own that looks good completely circumvents that

Anonymous

I don’t think nintendo wants people drawing dicks online, they already have to deal with the custom stages, and those aren’t normally seen by players.

Anonymous

chocobo..

Anonymous

That brings a good question, why they never gave us more ATs via the dlc?

Anonymous

Smash is pretty fucking lazy for a hot seller if you think about it. Six months for ONE CHARACTER and STAGE?

Anonymous

Yeah but said character provides like months of content for threads and the game alike

Anonymous

assist trophys are neat and all but it’s also kinda’ lame

like it’s an item that has a CHANCE of your fave character coming out. also you can’t adjut those chances. and on some stages certain characters won’t come out at all.

Anonymous

>smash
        >video game hall of fame
        Smashfags a truly delusional.

Anonymous

Look at all the characters in it & come back afterwards.

Anonymous

>90% of it is ninty content

Anonymous

I mean, what do you expect when those same people unironically call it a "cultural phenomenon" worthy of having half the board dedicated to it?

Anonymous

GENO DESERVED A DELUXE COSTUME KYS
        GENO DESERVED A FIGHTER SLOT

Anonymous

Only Bomberman, VaultBoy, Sans and Cuphead truly look like Deluxe costumes, and even then they didnt went the extra mile like making cuphead use his correct hand.

Anonymous

>is there a bigger disgrace to a character than being relegated to a mii fighter costume?
      yeah, not being there at all

Anonymous

its why im ok with geno just being a mii costume.
        some characters or series didnt even get a fucking png.

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

yeah, as doofy as manlet doomguy or potato faced shantae is at least their series were acknowledged in some way, other franchises couldn’t even get that

Anonymous

Don’t talk shit about Miis.
      Now post Mii lewds

Anonymous

Shes hot

Anonymous

Is there a gayer thing on this board than being so desperate for another "NEVER EVER" meme that you unironically try pushing bonus Mii costumes as some kind of losing scenario?

Anonymous

You could be like Crash and not be in Smash in any way.

Anonymous

Sans and Cuphead look pretty good but they should have been actual fighters.

Anonymous

>shitty meme characters like sora and banjo are fully fledged playable characters
      >actually good characters like lloyd and dante are mii costumes
      Why?

Anonymous

sora and banjo (unconfirmed for banjo, but most likely) got in through the fighters ballot
        dante got a mii because of the devs noticing his popularity during fighters pass 1, its an acknowledgement
        just like k rool getting a mii during smash 4’s dlc
        lloyd was a costume in smash 4 so they just ported that one over, but its okay we got a better namco rep in his place

Anonymous

who’s lloyd? cant google a single name

Anonymous

Lloyd Irving from the "Tales of" series, protagonist of "Tales of Symphonia", which was fairly popular on the gamecube and beloved to this day

Anonymous

oh thank you.

Don’t those games have different protags with every release? they’d have to do a DQ amount of reskins because its from one of the older games in the series, not the most recent. I can see why they didnt pick him.

Anonymous

Why not just play mvc3 if you want to play dante?

Anonymous

Why would I want Travis in smash if he can’t even say fuckhead?

Anonymous

>t. can’t play miis

Anonymous

If your character is "harmed" for being a Mii costume, it wasn’t that good to begin with
      Doom fans either knew Doomguy wouldn’t be playable or are aware that it’s a massive enough series, even Sakurai talked about it in the latest direct
      A contrast to Shantae beggers thinking she was getting in, despite being a much less significant series
      More importantly: One of the greatest modding subcultures that has enough playable content to pretend they own the series vs coomers that don’t play the games

Anonymous

They were a conciliatory mistake, a half measure to placate overwhelming consumer demands. Nobody plays them and with only three move sets its not at all hard to understand why.

Anonymous

i play the miis, fuck you

Anonymous

Sad!

Anonymous

How embarrassing

Anonymous

I liked playing the Miis.

Anonymous

I died of laughter for this pic,and it’s NOT because of the mii lol

Anonymous

Is it because of the Shulk statistic?

Anonymous

I mean, I don’t really get what could make someone so dedicated to playing mii only get a whopping 20 game of him and him only lol

Anonymous

>is there a bigger disgrace to a character than being relegated to a mii fighter costume?
      Yes, being forgotten to Smash entirely.

Anonymous

wut
      >sakurai knows a popular character isn’t getting in
      >makes them a mii as a consolation prize
      It’s nice if anything
      Wish more than 3 had music
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gcNzSb0OI
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcaHJDj6KEE
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SVTTeqNbVw
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jozqnG_32i0
      Etcetera

Even the 1st Party ones could have had some good music addons
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVAWlEJ065g
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPaBKkbcLI

Anonymous

The Rabbid hat should’ve come with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyAP6PpAzK8

Anonymous

>how to get all misc stages banned from tournaments in 1 easy step

Anonymous

This made me realize
        Why the FUCK isn’t Team Rocket Battle already a remix in Smash? It and Silver’s battle theme are based.

Anonymous

>Sans costume also gets an additional remix track
      >People now start to complain that certain costumes don’t have tracks for them too
      It never ends

Anonymous

>some mii packages are objectively superior to others
        >people prefer them
        Wow what a tragedy

Anonymous

the sword fighters have their own unique slash trails

Anonymous

Also to drive home the point of how shit the old Mii Maker is, the "popular Miis" tab that pulls from the 3DS version of Miitopia all have the same awful face

Anonymous

This really shows the limitations and preferences of the old mii maker.
        > Eyes err toward the large side, with only a few popular/acceptable shapes
        > Eyes err down so hairstyles can be more diverse
        > Sunglasses and "eyebrows" for accessorization
        I can recognize the one to the right of your cursor as probably Sakuya.

Anonymous

The only insult bigger than a Mii is a Spirit.

Anonymous

Mii costume is almost as good as a playable fighter, its certainly better than being an assist trophy.
      There are several characters I would love to have mii outfits of because I know they’d never make it in as actual fighters, such as Stahn Aileron or Viewtiful Joe.

Anonymous

Miitopianons ITT post your party.

Anonymous

Party of one

Anonymous

Too lazy to upload my switch images but my party was

>Demoman (Team Fortress 2)
        >Joker (Persona 5)
        >Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
        >Pringles logo
        >Demi-Fiend (SMT: Nocturne)
        >Princess Daisy
        >Medic (TF2)
        >Nia (Xenoblade)
        >Reinhardt (Overwatch)
        >Hatsune Miku

Anonymous

Absolutely not. When you consider that Ultimate’s full roster, all the way to Fighter Pass 2 because they weren’t fooling anybody with that shit, was worked out in 2017 at the latest, getting Mii’d is not bad at all. Dante, Doomguy, and Sans were all more recent in their demand, but it was big enough for the three of them to be acknowledged. The fact that Doomguy in particular was the VERY LAST third party mii costume shown, saved to preface one of the biggest neverevers in Smash history, AFTER Bethesda had already made its involvement with Smash known, speaks volumes to how high demand probably was. Not to mention Sakurai even talked a bit about Doom’s historical significance. It really was not some nonchalant thing for him to have Doom in the game.

Bomberman was more along the lines of steep competition among guests. His demand was decent in the ballot but he paled in comparison to Snake and lacked the pedigree of Castlevania. Getting the costume well after the assist was first shown is a huge deal and shows they really cared about pleasing his fans in some way.

I get that for cases like Dante and Shantae it looks like a sickening parody but it’s honestly a good thing when you get that kind of nod from your fervent demand and argumentation for inclusion. It’s not a guarantee that the characters will get into later games or anything, I really do think they look at the rhetoric behind popularity and not just popularity itself, but it does mean they give a shit.

Anonymous

oh hey look its the best post in the thread
        thank you for your service

Anonymous

>posting about Doomguy in Smash as a pipe dream back in 2018
        >they actually put something Doom in Smash
        it’s not a fighter but absolute mad lads

Anonymous

The only thing worse than being a Mii Costume is probably being a disgusting tranny
      >Verification not required

Anonymous

Brawlerbros won.

Anonymous

Missed one

Anonymous

Wait, when did they add Tien from DB?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

It’s the DQ3 Monk outfit, so it’s been around since Hero was out, pretty sure.

Anonymous

>Mii Waifufans get to buy new clothes for Gunner every other month

Anonymous

I took the Koikatsu pill to have her dress in ANYTHING.

Anonymous

Let’s put that to the test. Dress her up like Ivy from Soul Calibur.

Anonymous

i like protoman’s mii costume, he’s such a no-brainer and looks way better than he did back on 3ds/wii u

Anonymous

Yes, having some other IP from your company shill out a Mii costume and not make one for your company’s actual mascot.

Anonymous

>Ubisoft gives costumes for 2 of their IPs
        >but not for the one that people demand the most
        Why is garden gnomebisoft braindead? There’s literally no excuse for that shit since Bethesda had multiple costumes on several occasions.

Anonymous

The real reason Rayman likely couldn’t get into Smash isn’t from Rabbids favouritism, it’s due to the fact that his adverts implied he’s hung as a horse, and Sakurai doesn’t want kids to see a massive floating schlong bobbing around

Anonymous

Nice as Miitopia Miis are, there’s a genuine charm to defaultF and well-made originals that use the old editor

Anonymous

Anyone else remember that patternfag that thought we were getting a Mii wave of only characters with helmets because of that schizo "Mii costumes must have a theme" theory?

Anonymous

Not being in the game at all?

Anonymous

They’re kina cool but I think they only work really well with characters that actually already fit the Mii’s proportions, like Sans and Cuphead
      Also its lame that they’re the only two that got tracks. I’d buy Doomslayer day 1 if he came with BFG Division or At Hell’s Gate or e1m1 or something

Anonymous

shantae also got a track, but youre right, short characters got the better mii costumes

Anonymous

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Seems like they only did it with indies. Easier to work with, I guess.
          That just makes me sad that we didn’t get a Shovel Knight or Cadence or Yooka-Laylee or Hat Kid costumes.

Anonymous

Why would you want not banjo and not kazooie when they failed and smash has the real deal, Yooka-Laylee showed up in the who cares shitgame brawlhalla and it went with a fart.

Thats like having beck from mighty nunber shit as a mii fighter.

Anonymous

I was talking about getting their music in Smash via their Mii Costume because regardless of the quality of the game the music is very good
              Also the game itself is okay
              It just isn’t as good as B-K or B-T

Anonymous

There should’ve been a Jacket mii costume

Anonymous

Hat Kid was likely too late (heh) by the time the second pass was commissioned

If there’s a sequel AHIT and another Smash afterwards, she might get a mii spot.

Anonymous

Mii mage never

Anonymous

BASED
        I thought I was the only one that wanted Mii Sorcerer

Anonymous

Loathe as I am to encourage more zoners it would’ve been nice to have something to draw from the PSI characters, Zelda, and etcetera for moveset inspiration.

Anonymous

I’m just a little sore that all they focused on was character outfits and not nice generic outfits like bringing back my favorite outfit from Ultimate with added color options.

Anonymous

oh same finally someone who shares that opinion
        these so many of the brand-less oufits they shouldve brought back

Anonymous

I prefer the Neon suit

Anonymous

THEY TOOK THIS FROM US

Anonymous

I like them when the character actually sort of or at least vaguely shares the proportions of a Mii, like Goemon. Kinda pointless imo for something like Dante, tougher to pretend you’re actually playing as the character than with Cuphead or something.

Anonymous

oh look another worthless smash thread

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

the big disgrace is that they only licensed music from indie studios

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.