Isn’t Elite Dangerous just Star Citizen, but more optimized and polished?

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Isn’t Elite Dangerous just Star Citizen, but more optimized and polished?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

With the upcoming DLC, isn’t Elite Dangerous just Star Citizen-lite, but more optimized and polished?

Anonymous

What is Elite Dangerous missing that Star Citizen has?

Anonymous

Whales and pay2win.

Anonymous

The ability to walk around at all, you’re perma glued to your seat. Elite has its fun moments but the overwhelming majority of the time is spent grinding

Anonymous

Anon…

Anonymous

uh…

Anonymous

Embarrassing post

Anonymous

imagine being this guy right now

Anonymous

No one tell him. He is baiting us

Anonymous

Yeah, this anon gets it.
          If only they made it possible to actually get out of the ships and walk around and maybe have FPS combat it would be one of my favorite games of all time.

Anonymous

When are they gonna let us walk around?

Anonymous

>the overwhelming majority of the time is spent grinding
          waletwarrior spotted

Anonymous

In ED you’re a ship, in Star Citizen you’re a person in a ship. It’s much more complex of a game since it basically is a sci fi FPS first, with really really advanced vehicles that need to mine, race, sly in space, go to warp, fight, and manuver in atmosphere.

Star Citizen has actual flight models like flight Simulator X, meaning different ships handle differently when in an atmosphere. Not all of them handle well. There are a variety of ship types for various roles. A bomber in space does not serve the same purpose as a bomber for a planet and they look different.

There are bases, land, tanks, a plethora of ground vehicles. A bounty system for killing bad players. Tons of weapons.

I like ED but there’s kind of a big tech gap here.

Anonymous

Literally, LITERALLY, described Elite retard.

Anonymous

And you ruined it.

Anonymous

What are you talking about? ED doesn’t have any of that shit. It’s fine, but comparing ED to SC is comparing Doom 1 to Doom Eternal – one just has a lot more going on than the other.

Anonymous

HE SAID ELITE
              NO DANGEROUS

Anonymous

>Star Citizen has actual flight models like flight Simulator X, meaning different ships handle differently when in an atmosphere
          AHAHAHA

Anonymous

None of which are useful as there still isnt a game to put them in. Just a tech demo lmao

Anonymous

Fucking Star Citizen idiots. I swear to god, you guys believe every word out of Roberts dumbass mouth just because you spent 1500 on jpgs. I got it for free from a SCfag like yourself and he was so mad I didn’t like it he never spoke to me again. Good riddance to bad rubbish because what a shit game.

Anonymous

looks like uninspired shit senpai

Anonymous

I dont see how a game can be a -lite version of something that will never come out.
      ED does its own thing and does not make the mistakes that SC does with scope creep. ED is a very flawed game that is for sure but if you want the ability to explore the whole galaxy and make your place in it its among the few that is out and you can actually play right now.

Anonymous

How can you be the "lite" version of something that doesn’t exist?

Anonymous

Pretty much. How long before the SC drones start saying it’s a bad rip off?

Anonymous

How can Elite Dangerous be Star Citizen-lite, one of them is a released game and the other has no release date in sight.

Anonymous

Has there been any words about walking around in the ships?

Anonymous

That’s not coming to the expansion on release, Fdev are ””’thinking”””” about it

Anonymous

gently caress Fdev. The artists and sound team are top tier but the gameplay past thirty hours is so gently caressing grind heavy and repetitive.

Clearing out my first alien base was fun until I realized I’d need to do it literally fifteen more times to get a single item out of it.

Anonymous

Yeah you’re right about that, this game probably has the largest disparity between how amazing the presentation is and how awful the actual game is.

Anonymous

The community besides the forum dads is pretty great too. Fuel rats and all the third party sites and mods are fantastic. They patch up the glaring holes left by the devs for years now.

Anonymous

Yeah you’re right about that, this game probably has the largest disparity between how amazing the presentation is and how awful the actual game is.

>new amazing headphones
            >listening to the sound effects in Elite
            Its honestly worth it. I dont even play to make progress anymore I just chill out for 30m listening to the ambience and combat sounds.

Anonymous

>now can just join into someone elses ship, have them fly you around the galaxy, and deploy as a trooper on the ground
              Honestly will make Elite a thousand times better

Anonymous

It’s a shame that the entire game is basically korean MMO grind tier, engineering is what gently caressing kills it

Anonymous

>non-VR update
      Retarded. People play Elite only for the VR space truck driver simulator experience.

Anonymous

That one guy who leaked a bunch of FDev stuff and was correct about all of them talked about basebuilding in Odyssey. Has there been any new information about that?

Anonymous

Ever noticed how ED shills can never talk about their game without bringing up SC? Ever notice how every Odyssey shill thread doesn’t mention it won’t bring actual ship interiors to the game, just a tacked on shitty FPS mini-game that nobody cares about?

Anonymous

I don’t know, I just feel like actually walking INTO a settlement on a planet and turning shit in is so much cooler than landing and pressing buttons

Anonymous

it is, but it isnt enough, it 100% absolutely has to have ship boarding and stealing, even if you cant keep them..they could just make it so you can only board npc ships, steal them and black market sell the ship.

they need to add properly multiplayer, clans and fleets, a couple more SRV/Fighters wouldnt go a miss, like a SRV Hover Tank, and a SLF Mining Drone.

Anonymous

It sounds crazy but they need to take some notes from sea of theives and allow more multicrew persistance in the bigger ships and make them more micro managed for bigger crews in combat and balance, allow boarding, ship stealing, and proper cargo piracy.

Like an experienced captain can fly a big ship, or could maybe hire npcs to help, but a small crew on a small ship who knows what they are doing can with skill mop up against big ships if they have the pilot and crew to do the work, like an experienced 4 man pirate crew on a ship like an engineered cheiftain should be a threat to everyone, and maybe a 2 manned conda with a mildly experienced crew might not be able to outfly, outfight or deal with them.

A single piloted eagle however or a two man heavy gunned eagle might outfly and escape them or outgun them.

Anonymous

cant even walk around your ships, or board other ships, or steal ships or multicrew, multifleet or multiplayer properly.

its literally just a gently caressing, get out of your ship like an SRV and pew pew at planetary outposts and walk around a station random generated quest bullshit.

Anonymous

You cant do any of that in Elite or Star Citizen.

Space engineers can though, imagine getting outplayed by gently caressing minecraft in space

Anonymous

you can do all of that in SC except the last part because garbage servers

Anonymous

Cant do any of that in SC you lying gently caressface, its too buggy/glitchy and none of it works. Not to mention it isnt a game anyway its a tech demo.

Anonymous

yeah it’s buggy but that doesn’t mean you can’t do them

walking around ships and boarding them goes without a hassle, stealing a ship is just boarding it and getting in the pilot seat, multicrewing a ship works fine except they haven’t implemented 90% of those features but you can still have a buddy in a co-pilot seat doing nothing or a manned turret and it all works just fine

flying as a fleet is also possible but the only special functionality is being able to simultaneously warp to the same destination

saying it’s all a tech demo doesn’t change the fact that all of those features are currently possible

Anonymous

space engineers has is own problems, like stability long term on a server, it actually being able to handle more than 3 big ships in a server at once and its lack of npc ayy lmaos.

if space engineers had half a dozen more handheld weapons, the ability to add custom npc aliens like xenomorphs etc the community could add thousands of hours of mission/campaign based content.

Anonymous

If you cant gently caressing have a proper crew, land at a station/outpost and steal a bigger ship, or pirate npc ships and steal them and shoot npc humans as well as other players whats the gently caressing point, just more shallow shit as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle.

Anonymous

ED? More like erectile dysfunction. Cause only people with ed play ED. HEIL ROBERTS

Anonymous

I don’t know much about Chris Roberts. How has he managed to form a cult of personality around him?

Anonymous

He made a legendary boomer game.

Anonymous

This is Fdev, so expect bare gently caressing minimum from the expansion

Anonymous

>this puddle of piss is better than this pile of shit

Lol

Anonymous

I’m gonna play the gently caress out of odyssey and enjoy it just try and stop me Ganker. I already like just tooling around the galaxy in elite and getting to do some discount shooting in between sounds comfy as gently caress

Anonymous

Have they even revealed what you’ll be able to do?

Pretty sure you can’t EVA into space and if it’s just running around on more barren planets they can gently caress right off. The buggy already had terrible gameplay.

Anonymous

It’s FDev. It will be fun for 15-20 mins, before you realize the rest of the content is the exact same copy-paste-grind shit.

Anonymous

>le t
        EVA isn’t a thing, you’ll only be able to run around the surface of certain planets, and go to some outpost/stations. They’ll probably add another grindy gameplay loop for the gently caressing space suit too

Anonymous

It’s FDev. It will be fun for 15-20 mins, before you realize the rest of the content is the exact same copy-paste-grind shit.

I don’t know what the gently caress you morel lumps are sporating about because you’re wrong. Go back to watching Jojo and playing nudoom.

Anonymous

Give us the details then retard

Anonymous

They added the grindy stuff just to appeal to losers that aren’t happy unless their game of choice is a 9-5 job. You don’t have to do it. Your first hundred hours of gameplay are just exploring and learning how the game works, that alone places ED far above average in value compared to other games. After that its just a sandbox to do whatever you want in. Don’t be a cumsoomer, be a customer that wants their moneys worth.

The only valid criticism of ED is the PvP is horrible and PvE isn’t much better. Both best in small doses, hence its reputation as a space trucker simulator. Normal people don’t enjoy fifteen minute orbit fights in fully engineered FDLs like its some special ed mechwarrior 4. If they made PvP much faster paced without ginormously bloated shield and health pools I’d be doing it all the time.

Anonymous

Imagine simping for Star Citizen lmao

Anonymous

It’s more like Star Citizen-heavy because there’s actually a game that you can play

Anonymous

absolutely destroyed

Anonymous

Post yfw you never gave a single dime to SC

Anonymous
        Anonymous
      Anonymous

Aren’t ED tards basically as retarded as Cult citizens? At least there are some faggots who acknowledge SC is shit

Anonymous

They’re slightly less, but both games are terrible.

Anonymous

It’s a shame, why can we just have a decent space sim?

Anonymous

I mainly like Star Citizen because it has big planets with inhabited cities that I can explore and the ability for me to walk around my spaceship. Any other games got anything like that?

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.