It’s no Hollow Knight

Home Forums A haunted junk yard It’s no Hollow Knight

• This topic has 254 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 77 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

It’s no Hollow Knight

Anonymous

It’s better

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

dont kid yourself

Anonymous

Hollow Knight may be incredibly full of content, but Dread’s raw gameplay destroys it, and I love HK, 112%, pantheon of hallownest completed and white palace platforming challenge finished.

Anonymous

tbf hk has tons more to do, more ways to do it, more area variety, and better music all for a quarter of the price
            dread is fine, i beat it recently but its stupid to think it outdoes its competition because its first party nintendo
            but then again, arguing with tendies is pointless here

Anonymous

>Tons to do
              As long as it’s not the basic ass combat, sure
              >Area variety
              Come on, now
              You are picking 2 of the worst aspects of the game (Worst one being the empty ass map).

Anonymous

As soon as you mentioned money your opinion became invalid

Anonymous

>more area variety
              >it’s all blue now
              >it’s all purple now
              >it’s all green now
              hollow knight’s art is completely wasted on every single area looking completely copy pasted.

Anonymous

>Dread’s raw gameplay
            Wtf does this mean? Dread’s exploration, combat, bosses are all shit compared to HK. There are not even any puzzles. Dread is a retarded version of Guacamelee where everything is kinda shitty and pointless.

Anonymous

The feeling of the free aim, locking on with the storm missiles, countering, it makes HK feel like a flash game

Anonymous

>The feeling of the free aim, locking on with the storm missiles, countering
                Oh wow. Yeah, that’s such interesting game design and content. Truly a masterpiece. I recommend Spiderman on the PS4/5.

Anonymous

Based.

Anonymous

/thread

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

King

Anonymous

>It’s better because it has brand-name and franchise I am biased to
        *ftfy

It’s just an okay game that does nothing special that plenty of other Metroidvanias already don’t do.

Anonymous

I have never played Super Metroid, and only played Fusion, AM2R and a slight bit of Prime 1, I have never purchased a metroid game before, and thoroughly emulated it to make sure it was good. And it is.

Anonymous

calling a Metroid game a metroidvania is like calling demon souls a souls-like you retarded faggot

Anonymous

Its better because its a better game. Hollow Knight is for depressed redditors that never formed social bonds.

Anonymous

>It’s just an okay game that does nothing special that plenty of other Metroidvanias already don’t do
          I thought we were talking about Metroid, not Hollow Knight.

Anonymous

I picked up Hollow Knight on launch a few years ago, beat the first couple bosses or so and got bored. I don’t get the hype, and I don’t see why the long ass length is supposedly a good thing either.

Metroid series > Castlevania series >>>>>>> Hollow Knight.

Anonymous

>Metroid series > Castlevania series >>>>>>> Hollow Knight
            /thread

Anonymous

Combat and mobility scale exponentially but its such a slow burn, I don’t blame anyone for checking out early. The game tricks you into thinking its 2D dark souls but it evolves into a crazy platform fighter by the end. There’s many people that have the opposite opinion to yours, where they love the slow boring part of the game but them quit when it gets too hard and fast for them. Can’t please everyone I suppose.

Anonymous

True, I’d guess those would be the same people who’ve been complaining about Dread’s difficulty. Not me though, Dread was awesome and the challenge was perfect.

Anonymous

The main thing I love about Dread above anything else is the fluidity to movement and shooting. I just wish there was more of a deadzone for horizontal aiming because I kept missing enemies while jumping because my stick was pointed slightly upward, but that’s a nitpick

Anonymous

I don’t even like Dread that much but this is 100% true. Hollow Knight is absolute garbage.

Anonymous

OP anally devastated.

Anonymous

fpbp. OP is a massive faggot as always.

Anonymous

Did she die?

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

God I miss Sasha.

Anonymous

You won’t if you watch her twitch channel and I don’t mean that her channel is good.

Anonymous

>You won’t if you watch her twitch channel

Does she still take dicks and scream "churn my shit up!!!!!"?

Anonymous

no, she goes on trips to boring places and plays Sekiro.

Anonymous

well then why would I watch it

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

FPBP

Anonymous

based.

actually being honest, Hollow knight couldn’t capture the subtle horror mystery atmosphere that Metroid does. it was genuinely boring and uninteresting lore wise. Metroid always has fun areas and bosses that come at you by surprise. then hits you an predictable but honest twist at the end for fun. Hollow knight was fine but it just wanted to be sad and depressing rather than actually encouraging you to explore a foreign world riddled with mystery and secrets. Metroid does it better.

Anonymous

Hollowbros… h-how will we ever recover from this???

Anonymous

OP here. I kneel.

Anonymous

this, by far

Anonymous

This. Hollow Knight was never good.

Anonymous

based.

actually being honest, Hollow knight couldn’t capture the subtle horror mystery atmosphere that Metroid does. it was genuinely boring and uninteresting lore wise. Metroid always has fun areas and bosses that come at you by surprise. then hits you an predictable but honest twist at the end for fun. Hollow knight was fine but it just wanted to be sad and depressing rather than actually encouraging you to explore a foreign world riddled with mystery and secrets. Metroid does it better.

I respect Hollow Knight but I have tried to get into it twice and just did not stick with it further than the first two bosses or so. It’s not that i was not having fun or anything, but for some reason I just did not come back to play more the day after. Maybe it’s the art direction or the huge levels that aren’t all that dense. The art direction really bothers me though. It reminds me of Lenore in that watered down Tim Burton way, mixed with that low detail Flash game looks.

It also came out the same year as RainWorld and I was kind of Upset that it got all the good press while the actual mould-breaking masterpiece was completely ignored.

But again, this has more to do with personal taste than anything. For me, Hollow Knight is no metroid. In metroid games I can’t drop the fucking controller. It is dense as fuck and the atmosphere is amazing in its own way. It is not affected by the Dark Souls shockwave of "decaying world" melodrama, which again, taints Hollow Knight deeply. This brings me back to the art direction in HK, because that serious melodrama mixed with the cutesy art direction reminds me too much of tumblr fanart of calarts shows or something, and I think I am a bit tired of that.

Anonymous

This is why I’ve always argued that Hollow Knight should be compared more to games like Dark Souls than Metroid. Hollow Knight’s approach to the genre is just too different with its Super Meat Boy platforming and comparatively simple but more abusable tools. The dash having i frames was all I needed to see to know that HK wasn’t for me.

Anonymous

bruh do you know about the flash dodge in Dread

Anonymous

Pretty sure it doesn’t give you i-frames, I was making using it a ton against chozo minibosses and I always took damage when I collided with their attacks.

Anonymous

Yeah but its frame 1 teleport and you get 3 of time. You can’t go through abilities but its essentially free movment. HK bosses start necessitating that you i-frame through laser walls, but Dread the only boss where it felt necessary to have that amount of obscene mobility is the final boss. Point being, I don’t see what’s so disasterous about i-frames, the bosses in Dread (excluding final man) are so easy that you wouldn’t even need them.

Anonymous

>HK bosses are designed with I-frames in mind because you have I-frames
                    >Dread bosses are not designed with I-frames in mind because you don’t have I-frames
                    Big think, you dumbass.

Anonymous

The Dread bosses aren’t designed with the busted mobility in mind.

Anonymous

I-frames take away from the game because instead of having to make use of your entire tool set to deal with attacks and problems everything has the same answer

Anonymous

Not even remotely true for Hollow Knight. Not only is there sizeable cooldown on the i-frame dodge, but a lot of attacks are simply too big to dodge through. There’s set attacks that you might be able to i-frame through, and attacks that might be better to outright just walk away from or attempt to parry. The two final bosses are completely opposite in terms of how they fight and the i-frame dodge is way more useful on one that the other, almost like they gave a player a set of tools and tested them on how to use all of them.

Anonymous

You only get dash iframes in HK near the end of the game and can’t spam it though.

Anonymous

Hollow knight is not bad by any means but what hollow knight to do fails where metroid succeeds is give you a real sense of mystery and intrigue right off the bat. metroid worlds are so foreign and mysterious. you don’t know what will come next which makes it’s claustrophobic explorative aspects strong. with hollow knight you might only get interested after playing it for 2 hours because you meet a mysterious cute girl character that you want to know more about

Anonymous

Same. I’ve tried to get into it four or five times and each time I just couldn’t. I’m also not a fan of the art style of the same reasons as you plus I don’t like the bug aesthetic. Supposedly it is hand drawn png in photoshop loaded into unity but it looks like vector animation like flash to me. I didn’t hate the game I did get bored and put it down though. My expectations were high because so many said it was the best Metroidvania there was and revolutionized the formula. I don’t get it. Dread I can play for a couple hours until my eyes get strained and I need a break.

Anonymous

>the best Metroidvania there was and revolutionized the formula

This is what bugs me the most. Rainworld fits that description a lot more. It’s a smart, brave game and is actually revolutionary and came out the same year.

Seriously, Hollow Knight is a great game in its own right but the fanboys can be extremely annoying because as an indie game that piggyrides on the metroid formula, it’s not the one which has added more to the conversation. Then an actual metroid game with decent production values comes out and if it doesn’t have the same size as a flash game with kilometers and kilometers and fodder at a budget cost, it’s shit.

Well rainworld is even cheaper and blows holow knight out of the water. But perhaps that game is actually too hard.

Anonymous

Cope, Hollow Knight is miles better than Plain World and Metroid Dead.

Anonymous

Plain world my ass. You got filtered hard. Come back to it when you get out of your comfort zone flash game.

Anonymous

do you think they will figure out how to program in an inclined plane in the next game? Or would that be too hard?

Anonymous

you guys are going way too fucking easy on it just because it’s the first new 2D Metroid in almost 20 years
        >areas are lazily linked by trains/teleporters/elevators rather than organic transitions, world doesn’t feel cohesive
        >world design makes no sense: Burenia is underwater yet Ghavoran, Artaria is underwater yet isn’t
        >too many cutscenes
        >rushed towards the end, pacing is off
        >fps drops
        >loading times
        >railroads you too often
        >map is cluttered to hell
        >acquiring item upgrades before you have it doesn’t give you the item
        >soundtrack is mostly forgettable
        >some control issues
        >poor upgrade pacing, certain upgrades used 2-3 times then replaced in 15 minutes
        >too many upgrades tied to just opening doors
        >zones don’t feel distinct enough, Cataris and Artaria become covered in fire & ice, half of the zones have 1 or 2 fire and ice areas too; Ferenia, Elun and Hanubia are way too similar
        >not a lot of enemy variety
        >whilst challenging, bosses like Drogyga are poorly designed, it’s just a giant clam. Experiment No. Z-57 is super generic
        >ADAM might as well not exist with how useless the info is
        >EMMI are only scary for the 3rd time at best, the rest you can just fly past

it has one of if not the least immersive and shitty world I’ve played in a metroidvania:
        >teleporters
        >trains
        >elevators
        >10 second long animation every time asking for travel confirmation
        >40 second long loading times combined with choppy cutscenes
        >none of the travel cutscenes even show you travelling through the world
        >no organic on-foot area transitions
        >zones don’t feel distinct enough, half of the areas have 1 or 2 fire and ice sections
        >Cataris and Artaria become covered in ice making them feel similar
        >EMMI zones on every world further reduce individuality
        >Ferenia, Elun and Hanubia share too many visual similarities
        >soundtrack not impactful enough to make the zones stand out

Anonymous

you have some valid points there. I mean, I had a blast playing the game, but the EMMIs alone drop the replay value to 0, and holy fuck, I never could memorize which area I was in. Distinct areas was always one of the best things in metroid, and here it just feels bland.
          My biggest gripe however are the travel confirmations. Even when you stand on the button by accident for just too long, it interrupts you for an eternity before you can abort it. How can you fuck up fast travel like that?

Anonymous

Teleporters and trains make way more sense than randomly entering a completely different biome after a normal screen transition though.

Anonymous

they’re lame from a gameplay perspective

Anonymous

A good world design makes sure to show subtle visual transitions between biomes.

Anonymous

Dread does that. Artaria transitions pretty notably into Cataris, and the frozen-over parts of the map convey the lack of thermal fuel routing.

Anonymous

The ironic thing about this criticism is that only RoS does this. Making this complaint about a series that always uses elevators for zone transitions is silly.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

/thread

Anonymous

Correct, Hollow Knight is in fact cheap trash

Anonymous

absolutely correct

Anonymous

i kneel…

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

>its not shit
        Duh

FPBP, Hollow Shite simps seething

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Fpbp

Anonymous

This thread was over before it even began.

Anonymous

Blessed post

Anonymous

True. I found Hollow Knight a hollow experience

Anonymous

fp once again bp

Anonymous
        Anonymous

FPBP dabbing on hollowfags

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

Not according to r/hollowknight.Cope and seethe.

Anonymous

And that’s a good thing.

FPBP

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

Honestly every person I’ve talked to about both games say that Dread is better besides maybe 2. Still I don’t care for this gay ass genre.

Anonymous

fpbp include me in the screenshot

Anonymous

The first post is in fact the best post

Anonymous

FPBP

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>all this samefagging
        Pathetic tendie cope

Anonymous

>too afraid of getting btfo to mass reply

Anonymous

BASED AND SAMUS RIP AND TEAR AND SUCC PILLED

[…]

CRINGE AND INDIEOT TRANNYPILLED

Anonymous

I don’t ship these characters, nor care about Halo. But this art is one of the greatest fanarts I’ve seen.

Anonymous

>mfw tall
          >mfw getting a gf with head level tits is infinitesimally low

Anonymous

Yeppers

Ten times better. Got kinda sick of monochrome by the five hour mark and dropped it when I learned it was gonna drag on for another twenty. way overstayed its welcome.

Anonymous

FPBP

Anonymous

it isnt Ganker its the discord troon group seething over Mercury Steam having MAN instead of troons and womyn as devs

just like Doom 2016 and Eternal

Anonymous

>everything is about trannies
            Obsessed

Anonymous

well, your kind sucks at videogames and has to speedrun

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

Why would you say something so controversial, yet so brave?

Anonymous

Based

Hollow Knight schizo poster and AC fag absolutely BTFO’D

Anonymous

OP FUCKING BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!

Anonymous

/thread

Anonymous

And?

Anonymous

And that’s a good thing!

Anonymous

I can’t believe it’s reached the point that I can’t tell if it’s the same schizo posting these from yesterday, or people just pretending to be him.

Anonymous

>He thinks it’s one person
        You know you can hire an advertising firm to do this kind of shit, right anon?

Anonymous

What kind of retarded melanoid would pay someone to shitpost?

Anonymous

Thank god

Just kidding, I like them both because I’m not deranged

Anonymous

Can’t you people just enjoy Metroid Dread instead of trying to stir up this fake seethe drama. Nobody’s buying it and it just shits up discussion.

Anonymous

Thank god is not, fuck the 30 hours of wandering to find the 5 hours of good content

Anonymous

Based.

Anonymous

How long are you guys gonna fill half the board with shill threads? I though Smash would last a lot longer than it did but you moved on pretty quick.

Anonymous

I already finished Hollow Knight. I liked both.

Anonymous

Hallowknight is more akin to the standard platformer adventure games like Zelda 2, Monster World where the areas are more segmented and the prompting is more story focused.

I’d go as far to say that the parts where Hallowknight tries to copy metroid’s style of exploration are the weakest.

Anonymous

I think I got the cross bombs early. Are they even necessary for anything besides some missile tanks?

Anonymous

Hollow knight has a Reddit artstyle

Anonymous

>Calling newgrounds style reddit.

Anonymous

>hollow knight
          >newgrounds style
          immeasurable cope and delusion

Anonymous

good

Anonymous

Don’t care still bought Dread.

Anonymous

I like Hollow Knight and I do think that Dread is a bit too short, but honestly HK does feel a bit bloated in comparison. Dread seems more carefully designed to me, it feels like every screen serves a purpose, there’s no
      real dead air to speak of. In HK I feel like a lot of areas are just there to present an isolated, out of context challenge the dev designed rather than being part of the world as a whole (in terms of game design, not lore) – and I don’t it’s necesserily worse because of it, just different.
      But would Dread really be better if they put some more extra gauntlets in between the upgrades? I don’t really think so.

Anonymous

Correct
      It’s a good game instead.

Anonymous

>need to go into menus to swap out shit and do other meaningless busy work
      Nah fuck off

Anonymous

How do you change charms again?

Anonymous

By going into menus and doing other meaningless busywork unlike Metroid

Anonymous

Shitty falseflag thread. Kind of pathetic.

Anonymous

>this thread
      Why are tendies like this ? Why does no one want to take criticism at all?

Anonymous

So we can be on even footing with Fromsoft fags and Hollow garden gnomes

Anonymous

You’re even worse

Anonymous

So we are winning? Nice.

Anonymous

The fuck are you talking about?

Anonymous

The fuck is with all these reddit knight trannies coming out of the woodwork? Do people really have this much of an obsessive hatred for nintendo that they can’t enjoy multiple good things?

Anonymous

Can I get help with the last powerup? I don’t know how to get to the speedbooster/grabble blocks at the bottom of Artaria lava pools.

Anonymous

Sure, post a screen

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Use the beam that goes through walls to shoot at the door from the bridge.

Anonymous

I just noticed the morph ball sized hole there, it was made for me.

Anonymous

That shit stumped me for more time than I’m willing to admit and I felt retarded when I realized how to get past it.

Anonymous

I was looking at a video because I couldn’t figure it out, I didn’t even get to the part where he solved it, just noticed that his beams went through walls and went "Oh, shit mine do too."

Anonymous

Cataris, sorry

Anonymous
      Anonymous

from someone who’s a couple hours into dread on yuzu, people really shouldn’t be playing $60 for this when it’s mechanically identical to a 3DS game from 2017

Anonymous

you are a clown. it makes so many objective improvements. even the parrying system is tuned infinitely better and is way less repetitive than SR

Anonymous

Well duh, silly thing. Hollow Knight is religion fantasy while Metroid is action sci-fi.

Anonymous

Good. I’d be pissed if it turned out bad like that.

Anonymous

Is there a quicker way to destroy the black holes that final boss uses than using four missiles? I never tried using storm missiles, would that technically be faster? Just curious about it for future runs.

Anonymous

Power bomb, anon, power bomb.

Anonymous

Oh right those exist. I usually forget since I don’t remember if they were ever useful for fighting bosses in the other games. I actually never understood power bomb capacity upgrades either.

Anonymous

Powerbomb. Also, storm missiles are the best weapon in the game, and shit all over any boss. Not using them is retarded.

Anonymous

power bomb is a good way, but the morphball being slow af and the charge can take its fucking time.
        Don’t waste storm missiles on it. It’s a tiny bit faster, but you need to lock on four or five times.
        my experience was that missiles and free aim were the fastest way to destroy it, usually fast enough to get ready for the follow up attack

Anonymous

A few speed runners just just the wave beam, but insanely fast. Seems like getting good at rapid fire is key to a lot of strategies

Anonymous

I doubt they’ll see this but just wanted to thank the guy who turned me on to Ori WotW
      Having a great time with it so far. Definitely improved on the first in ways that make it fun for me to play.
      That’s all. Continue throwing shit at one another.

Anonymous

Why does the game give you 15 fucking powerbombs

Anonymous

Crow Bill’s fight.

Anonymous

The only time I used them during phase 3.

Anonymous

Well, good for you, anon. I spammed them all the time to look for breakable blocks also.

Anonymous

You have a scanner and your minimap blinks so you don’t have to do that.

Anonymous

On one end, I lose all Aeion energy for like 7 seconds, on the other, the blocks break and everything is revealed.

Anonymous

*and also marked on the map

Anonymous

Why is it easier to do a sequence break requiring two frame perfect jumps than to be Kraid when you’re supposed to?

Anonymous

It’s way better, it’s not boggled down with meaningless padding.

Anonymous

Hollow knight isn’t even as good as Blasphemous, it’s the limbo of metroidvanias.

Anonymous

>Limbo of metroidvanias
        rekt and kekd

Anonymous

Why do the HK fans get so vitriolic about this game? You don’t see Bloodstained buddies pooping up Dread threads.

Anonymous

its unfiltered cope.

Anonymous

it’s better

Anonymous

And that’s a good thing.

Anonymous

>shitposters remaking threads hourly about dread
      Damn It really is a big hit huh?

Anonymous

>Everyone who doesn’t say a positive about what I like is shit-posting
        Every time.

Anonymous

It’d be fine if it was criticism, but autistically comparing it to another game that’s completely different is blatant shit posting.

Anonymous

>It’s not shitposting i’m just criticising it

That strat doesn’t work if your criticism is retarded shit, hence you gettign called out instantly.

Anonymous

It’s better.

Anonymous

> Ganker shits over HK calling it a reddit shit indie game with tryhard art direction and overrated combat
      > the second Dread comes out HK becomes the best game ever just so they can shit on Metroid

never change Ganker

Anonymous

Thank god

Anonymous

hollow knight is drawn out as fuck and the platforming sections are cancer

Anonymous

Thank god.

Anonymous

this stomps the bug

Anonymous

So it’s good then?

Anonymous

>ranged combat in a 2d sidescroller
      Lmao. Not sure why compare it to HK when it’s not even close to god-tier. It’s more comparable to Blasphemous or Gato Roboto and other 4/10 metroid-likes.

Anonymous

>It’s no Hollow Knight
      so its actually worth playing and not dropping 10 minutes in
      guess i’ll buy it

Anonymous

both games suck in a different way, get over it

Anonymous

… and that’s a good thing!

Anonymous

There are TWO amazing games of my favorite genre??!!
      Oh nonono bros, how could this happen to me

Anonymous

This. Ganker is full of spiteful mentally ill kiddies who will actively hate great video games out of infantile jealousy and contrarianism. I’ll just play both games and have a good time.

Anonymous

Hollow Knight always looked gay as shit. I’m glad I don’t play indie shit.

Anonymous

can someone actually explain to me why hollow knight gets shilled so hard

Anonymous

They use it because Hollow Knight is perceived good value for money – it’s long and cheap while Dread is relatively short and full price.

Anonymous

consolewar shitters seething about Dread’s success mixed with cognitive dissonance.
        >who c-c-cares about d-dread anyway, we have something so much b-b-b-b-b-better

Anonymous

My friend who’s usually pretty good with keeping his preferences to himself has also been bugging me to play it.
        I’m just gonna avoid it out of spite. It’s never piqued my interest either way.

Anonymous

Idk I liked it a lot (I also like this game before you start throwing a hissy fit) I feel like most of you faggots can only enjoy 1 thing per genre, everything is a us vs them argument

Anonymous

The game just doesn’t intrigue me, sorry. *holds up protective shield*

Anonymous

I liked the game, but Ender Lilies was larger and more interesting both mechanically and in terms of world design.

Anonymous

I 100% ender lilies and liked the game but holy fuck you’re full of shit

Anonymous

You’re right, movement isn’t shit

Anonymous

Why isn’t it acceptable to like both things?

Anonymous

What happens when Silksong comes out and it ends up being better and sells more than metroid dread?

Anonymous

You’ll wake up from your deluded dream a few hours later.

Anonymous

>Silksong
        anon…

Anonymous

redditsong

Anonymous

what happens when you stop shilling your indie trash?

Anonymous

There’s so much more Metroidvanias that are just straight up better or cheaper that has been released in recent years or even older classics.
      Here are some examples.
      >Cave Story
      >La-Mulana
      >La-Mulana 2
      >Ender Lilies
      >Blasphemous
      >Ori and the Will of the Wisps
      >Rabi-Ribi
      >Shadow Man
      >Touhou Luna Night
      >Dust an Elysian Tale
      >Axiom Verge
      >The Mummy Demastered
      >Batman Arkham Asylum
      >Guacamelee 2
      You fags should really play more fucking games, Cave Story itself can BTFO the majority of actual Metroid games.

Anonymous

You can get all these games for 60 dollars too.

Anonymous

Yep, a lot of them is cheap as fuck nowadays.

most of that shit are the indie trash you drop after 5 minutes
          >shadow man
          >recent years
          have a nice day underage

Get better taste fag and play more fucking games, just because its a game funded by your billion dollar overlords doesn’t automatically make it better.

Anonymous

Killer7 was shit

Anonymous

What the fuck does this have to do with anything you cum guzzling faggot?

Anonymous

>play more games
            i do, thats why i try everything and i know shit without wasting 30 hours in a shit indie game for retards who fall for Ganker shills

Anonymous

But you’ll glady fall for a 5 hour game for nintendy shills

Anonymous

good thing i didn’t buy either game so buyers remorse isn’t making me like a shit game

Anonymous

most of that shit are the indie trash you drop after 5 minutes
        >shadow man
        >recent years
        have a nice day underage

Anonymous

>>recent years
          >OP post also mentioned older classics
          Nice reading comprehension retard

Anonymous

I didn’t see anyone talk about Hollow Knight for a long time and suddenly it’s brought up all the time with this forced rivalry. Are these actual HKfags or just snoys trying to falseflag?

Anonymous

neither, its people who shitpost fulltime and don’t play any games at all

Anonymous

There are some bitter Hollow Knight fans mad that people like another Metroidvania but a lot of it is masked console war shitposting.

I don’t know why these games can’t coexist, they do wildly different things with the Metroidvania concept. Hollow Knight is more akin to Souls or Zelda 2, a large RPGish map you explore and progression is tied to character quests, badge setups and plot. Metroid is a run n gun where you’re doing new puzzles or dealing with stalker enemies every single room.

Anonymous

>There are some bitter Hollow Knight fans mad that people like another Metroidvania
          How can you possibly think this is a real opinion people have, every HK fan is a died in the wool Metroid fan

Anonymous

The majority of the HK fanbase hasn’t even played a Metroid game and are being overly defensive because of the Silksong radio silence, yes.
            Not even specifically talking Ganker, you can see it all over social media.

Anonymous

>There are some bitter Hollow Knight fans mad that people like another Metroidvania
          [Doubt]

I’m confident most HK fans are Metroidfags at some point.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

And that’s a good thing. I didn’t want to play Hollow Knight. I wanted to play Metroid, and that’s what I got.

Anonymous

Hollow Knight is a better game than Metrod Dread. It is, nothing you say will be able to change this fact.
      That’s not to say that Metroid Dread isn’t good because it is, but Hollow Knight is better, no matter how much you might screech and whine and cope and all that shit, it won’t change a thing.

Anonymous

Also, bear in mind that Hollow Knight was created by a team of three people whilst Metroid Dread was created by a team of about 25.
      That’s absolutely astonishing to think about.

Anonymous

Bug shills are the worst. You shitty game will never be taken seriously. Its honestly shit.

Anonymous

I know this is a crazy, alien concept, but you are actually allowed to like more than one game at the same time

Anonymous

why do retards keep pushing for a rivalry between HK and every other metroidvenia ever made? is this a schizo situation or am i not in on a joke?

Anonymous

shitposters trying to stir shit up, as usual

Anonymous

Because rivalries are good, it raises awareness of both games and it forces the developers of each to compete against one another, learning what they can from the rival game.

Anonymous

how do I prevent pressure cubes from being destroyed when I roll over them?

Anonymous

Get the cross bombs

Anonymous

thanks

Anonymous

Correct, it’s a properly paced game instead of a giant empty world of nothingness where it takes 20 fucking minutes just to travel somewhere

Anonymous

Just finished hard mode
      kino
      Learned about shinespark on second playthrough also that you could parry Raven Beak’s dash attack, made it even more kino

Anonymous

>parry Raven Beak’s dash attack
        I thought you could do this but when I tried it failed. Guess I just mistimed it.

Anonymous

you can’t parry his 3 attack melee combo just the one that does the whole screen

Anonymous

yeah the super gut punch? Thats what I figured just based on my intuition, but yeah I had trouble timing it so I gave up.

Anonymous

Yeah, what gave it away for me is on 2nd playthrough in the intro where Samus fights him, the sequence literally shows you this
              get down when he does the huge lazer thing
              parry his dash attack

Pretty good game design if you ask me, subtly show you a boss’s mechanic during the cutscene

Anonymous

It’s better.

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

imagine paying $60 for a 6 hour game

Anonymous

sn0ys mad

Anonymous

Hollow sisters… we lost

Anonymous

Exactly, it’s just as good as Hollow Knight
      The only people pooping on either game are seething tards that can’t handle the success of the genre here on this Korean Basket-weaving forum who want to make it another console war shitshow
      Now if you excuse me, I’m gonna go and play Hollow Knight and Metroid Dread again while I wait for Silksong and Prime 4, Keep seething tards

Anonymous

based anon

Anonymous

And that’s a good thing!

Anonymous

HK is a low standard to surpass tbh

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Convince me to buy this game.

Anonymous

your numbers should suffice

Anonymous

It doesn’t need to be?

Anonymous

yeah thank god, no one wants another 50 hours Metroidvania with bland art direction and rogue-like elements.

>WAOW IT’S BUGS! AND IT’S DRAWN IN 2D!

no.

Anonymous

metroidbros, I need a cool design for a metroid shirt. Pls send me some good art, for now I’m going with this and text on the back.

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.