it’s noita’s first birthday toda

Home Forums A haunted junk yard it’s noita’s first birthday toda

• This topic has 181 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

it’s noita’s first birthday toda
      happy birthday noita

Anonymous

Hell yea Noita thread

Anonymous
      Anonymous

why did the devs give up bros

Anonymous

what other option is there at this point?

Anonymous

the game is just done I guess

Anonymous

I love Noita memes.
          Considering the game has such a small community it has a lot of them.

Anonymous

Noita threads are some of the comfiest on the board

Anonymous

have you finished all the quests?

Anonymous

I’d pay full price for an expansion

Anonymous

they’re making a paid expansion

Anonymous

Source?

Anonymous

remember to learn to tablet kick

Anonymous
      Anonymous

how to do magic correctly, the game
      happy birthday noita!

Anonymous

happy birthday Noita!

Anonymous

god damn I had the perfect wand and died to a random propane tank in hisii base, why god. next run I die to an ukko in the mines. 40 hours in and I’ve never seen one there. really enjoying the game though

Anonymous

dudes like a hacker in real life

Anonymous

>the chad homeless surfer vs the virgin materialist wagie

Anonymous

It’s a skim board

Anonymous

You’re a skim board

Anonymous

>don’t mind me, just pirating this jetski.

Anonymous

>the captcha is trying to make me coom again

Anonymous

how many runs would you say have potential for you to get stuff done outside of just going straight down to the boss,
      the side quests and shit

for me its like 1 out of 50 runs do i find an viable digging wand that lets me actually explore
      am i missing something or is it just that rare of a thing?

Anonymous

I’m not a pro either but having a digging wand is one of the most important things along with having a reliable source of healing (which usually is two medics in an otherwise cleared hiisi base) for me.

Anonymous

what’s the deal with orbs? now I have to do shit?

Anonymous

there’s a bunch of orbs, they unlock spells
        once you’ve unlocked the spells they generate normally, and the orbs give you max health, but make the final boss stronger
        there’s a lot of quests and hidden stuff, collecting orbs is just the beginning

Anonymous

if you collect 33 orbs you become the leader of the illuminati and the last boss has a trillion hp and is immune to basically everything.

Anonymous

Is it possible to create custom maps?

Anonymous

yes
        you use certain colors to paint the materials, its all on the wikis.

you can probably even custom generate mazes if you can figure out how that works.

Anonymous

Happy Birthday Noita

Anonymous

I have no idea how to get better at this game, i have 100 hours and literally only "finished" once

Anonymous

basically just be more careful and learn wandcrafting
        most of noita is knowledge, not skill

Anonymous

Consider turning down in game music and playing the album Spirit World Field Guide by Aesop Rock as you play

Anonymous

not listening to the ingame music? what kind of blasphemy is this?

Anonymous

I know the in game music is great, but I have had extremely positive results with this combination also. May not be for everyone, but I thought I’d mention it

Anonymous

Very nice.
        May I recomend Plastic People of the Universe in exchange

Anonymous

>melanoid music

Anonymous

>Guy thinks that aesop rock is asap rocky
          you have to just be false flagging to be this stupid lmao.

Anonymous

sorry, I hate it. here’s my rec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-H8Ks9eJ4

Anonymous

>play noita
      >get no wands, only attack is the starting peashooter
      >only find shitty potion vials
      >slip up a single time and my health melts away and i die in the blink of an eye

How do people play this game? Am I missing something here? Feels like you’re way too frail and underpowered for what the game expects.

Anonymous

you can dodge enemy attacks. most spells are underappreciated, you should pay more attention to the numbers than you likely do right now. almost every potion can be useful, if only for alchemy purposes, but the most useful one is water, if you don’t spawn with it, make sure to get it as soon as possible. if you die in the blink of an eye, it was probably something you could have easily avoided if you were aware of your surroundings. either that, or you got way too cocky. death doesn’t matter, just make sure you always learn from your mistakes (they are almost always your mistakes) and you should be successful. part of it might also be finding enjoyment from the chaos. just focus on figuring out how everything works.

Anonymous

Part of what really gets me is it feels like any wand i luck upon uses up all its charges super quick, so i’m still stuck with the starting wand. I’ve only played for 3 hours, but both times i’ve gotten to the icy area i’ve lost half my health to 1 shot from offscreen. It’s pretty demotivating, especially when you have to scour the entire map praying for even a single HP up.
          Maybe I’m just bad at the game, but it feels like the game is far too punishing while being way too stingy with anything you’d actually want.

Anonymous

don’t use charge-based spells as your primary ones. i suggest you swap the spells on your first two wands because the bomb wand has less delay. even if you have a spark bolt, it is much better if it is a rapid fire ability. you don’t need a hp up every floor, but it always helps to get one if you can. if you have only gotten to the third floor twice, you are either less than 10 hours in, or you just aren’t thinking about things in the right way. good players can beat the game without taking a single bit of damage, and can get god runs consistently, you just need to know enough about how everything works to exploit the game. i would suggest trying out the fungal caverns if you need a better wand, but you’ll probably have a really hard time surviving in that environment, so consider first focusing on getting good with the mechanics without wands. levitation, kicking, that sort of thing. you get double the money when it’s a trick kill, so learning how to kick something onto your opponent can really help if you want to buy wands in the holy mountain.

Anonymous

>if you have only gotten to the third floor twice, you are either less than 10 hours in
              i’ll be honest, i only have just above 3 hours in the game. The last time i played i got a gold bag, tried to buy a bunch of wands that looked good, and then died instantly to some acid pool a minute after entering the second area.

Anonymous

that makes sense then. just keep playing, keep dying, and most importantly, keep learning. i am sure you’ll know not to jump into an acid pool next time (though spoiler warning you can turn acid into water by mixing it with water) 100 hours on this game is amateur level, so don’t feel too bad if you keep finding new things to murder you every time you play. enjoy the process, more opportunities will open up as you get better.

Anonymous

>spoiler
                  was impossible to do that when there were 5 enemies spitting acid at me

Anonymous

use circle of water and drown everything. just don’t forget to find the breathless perk.

try thinking outside the box like this.
                    being able to dig in coal pits (floor 2) is very profitable.

Anonymous

resourcefulness is better imo. everything you get can be op, but if you always look for the same op build, you’ll miss out on multiple op wands that you could have made if you didn’t limit yourself to the one.

Anonymous

When life gives you vomit, make rats.

Anonymous

You can slap with default wands if you work on your aim and movement. Don’t hesitate before using limited spells against hard enemies, it’s a matter of 1-3 shots vs. 20-30. Also, be sure to get chain bolt as soon as you see it (looks like a pink letter Z). It’s a fire and forget, cheap, 30 damage spell.

Anonymous

Tips for playing this game?

Anonymous

I finally hit the point where I am capable of getting consistent God runs, after over 400 hours of play bros. I put this game down months ago but have been on a bender the last few weeks. I can’t even play any other games right now because all i think about is Noita. I didn’t beat this game until 230 hours played btw.

Anonymous

If you guys are having trouble getting digging wands, just go create the earth stone with the essence of earth + essence eater, turns everything around you into soil that you can easily shoot through with a triplicate bolt. Since it takes more than few minutes to do this every run, i would suggest doing a normal run until you get to the snowy depths looking for wands shoot through soil with, and if I find one that’s when i take the loop back up and get the earth stone. Be careful not to kick anything though while you hold it as it will cause earthquakes, i used to bind kick to something i would never press back when i would always kill myself with it. If i haven’t found tinker with wands yet by this point, i turn the holy mountain between the depths and hiisi base into my wand building base, and if i can’t beat steve with whatever ive found until then the run is just over i guess.

Anonymous

brothers i can’t stop using gigadiscs

Anonymous

Hell yea happy(late) Birthday Noita. One of the best games I have played recently.

Anonymous

WHY THE FUCK DO WE STILL NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAULDRON OR EYE GLYPHS YET

Anonymous

because they don’t even appear if you use mods and no one can decode any part of the eyes or the binary from the year long cauldron code that a dev said not to worry about yet because they aren’t even sure if its implemented and don’t forget they are Finnish, like the orb room secrets

did anyone even figure out why the moon turns into void liquid? like, why? the blood one makes sense. since the cauldron can or cannot spawn with void liquid.

does it combine with anything?
        and why can’t you melt cheese?

Anonymous

>because they don’t even appear if you use mods
          Man that’s some bullshit, I really gotta turn off my camera fix just to see some secrets?

Anonymous

bruh…..

put cheese in the cauldron ??

Anonymous

i am in hiisi base, a large skull-bomb is above me, i am in a small opening in the floor. i can’t kick it off of me. i have a bomb that spawns small tnt, a wand that spawns one of the bombs that you can only use 3 of, a wand with fast green bouncing things, and a wand with a bunch of timer energy orbs that will spawn more of them if i use it. what do i do? i am pretty sure i am dead.

Anonymous

all you can do is kick while trying to hover out, and pray

Anonymous

it makes me lose oxygen. idk how to position myself for the kick. what’s the hitbox for kick like?

Anonymous

nvm, i got it. lol. ty. toaster is directly above me btw lol.

Anonymous

kick and wiggle, if it thinks you are "stuck" you will clip momentarily.

Anonymous

i wasn’t stuck, i was in between an open area in the ground with an explosive above my head.

Anonymous
              Anonymous

lol, found concentrated light and path of darkness wands right next to the portal, any suggestions for how to use them properly (path of darkness can hurt me, right? what immunity do i need?)

Anonymous

got to the boss but teleportis screwed my exploration, so im stuck with the same wands and i doubt i can dodge enough of his shit to beat him. not enough money for any of the wands, just enough money for one reroll, the options are projectile eater, mournful spirit, and oil blood. any suggestions?

Anonymous

if you have no orbs, or less than 3 I think, he is VERY weak to acid. that probably won’t help though.

Anonymous

i have sea of flammable gas, pretty sure that would kill me if i don’t get oil blood due to the lava. i have dropper, buoyancy, personal fireball, path of dark flame* energy orb with timers, concentrated light, and bouncing burst.

Anonymous

i also have some good perks, like lottery and explosion immunity, i could get the oilblood, and either reroll, or get the projectile eater if it lets me. flammable gas and dropper would probably do a lot of damage if he isn’t immune to that kind of thing (i don’t think i got any orbs this run, so it should be easy in that sense, my dodging isn’t the best though and i don’t have as much health as i want.) i have upward larpa, and aimed shot. if i make a wand with gas, dropper, upward larpa, personal fireball thrower, and maybe aimed shot, do you think i could kill him fast with a shot inside of him so both droppers hit him? he isn’t immune to fire or explosions, right?

Anonymous

auto aim, sorry.

Anonymous

died to teleportis teleporting me into lava. i got a gif of it, but i can’t find a way to make it small enough for Ganker to accept it. kind of disappointed.

Anonymous

webm for retards

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

>I fungal shifted far too much and this is my life now: the movie – for ants edition

Anonymous

how do you deal with bullet weapons? Can they be dodged reliably, or is the only way to play to peek around corners and chip away at enemies extremely slowly? I noticed that snipers aimbot, so even a teleport wand is useless for dodging their shots. It’s literally impossible to avoid their shot if you’re too close to them, since the bullet travel time is the only time you actually have to dodge.

And I have 94 hours in this game and still have never successfully charmed a healer. I assume pouring the liquid on them isn’t enough, I have tried that enough times to understand that much. So many things that people seem to imply is just totally easy, like killing steve (I have tried throwing a tablet at him, no instakill like people claim, and good luck picking it back up; and poly doesn’t work, no idea what the magic trick to make poured liquids actually affect enemies is)

Anonymous

sentries move slow so you can circle them pretty easily, hiisi bullets can be dodged by going up and down. pretty easy if you know the trick. cover is always good.

Anonymous

>like killing steve
        put the damage statue here, and kick it when he appears

Anonymous

i don’t really bother with phermone on healers anymore, just be careful and leave them alive and eventually you will find two next to eachother, all you have to do is kick one and the heals start. If you’ve cleared out a big part of the base and one is alive he will often follow you as if hes going to attack, just lead him around.

Anonymous

You can also kick a static turret from behind, it’s easier to leave one of them alive since they’re durable, don’t move, and everything just ignores it.

Anonymous

yeah i forgot about this, even better

Anonymous

>snipers
        move perpendicular to the laser sight and they’ll always miss at long enough range, at short range use cover
        >tanks
        tanks can’t fire at all while turning, so just circle them rapidly enough and they will not be able to fire
        >jetpack hiisi
        these are more annoying, but they have one fatal weakness: they can’t fire straight up or down, so just stand below them and they’re shit out of luck

Anonymous

I didn’t know that last one. Thanks.

Anonymous

i have 300 hours and didn’t realize this until just this week… very exploitable

Anonymous

as for steve, i usually try to build a machinegun wand early and ill wait for him to get trapped on that left ledge above the perks, then when hes moving down to take a shot unload on him and hopefully he bleeds so much bone dust that he traps himself in the room and you can snipe him through a tiny holy. I haven’t really died to him ever since i started doing this.

Anonymous

Damn, happy birthday to one of the few games that can still have good threads for over a year.

Anonymous

it’s because it’s a hard game with a lot of well-hidden secrets that isn’t quite popular enough to be considered the dark souls of rogue-likes.

Anonymous

why the fuck does throw sometimes do nothing? Half the time when I click with the tablet in my hand, nothing happens. It’s tripped me up so many times. Do you have to be moving in a particular direction relative to your throw for it to actually leave your hand?

Anonymous

>best run period with infinite black holes and healing and good damage
      >decide to dig into hell
      >find hole
      >jump down the hole
      >it seemed to be limitless so I decide to start digging my way back up through the extremely dense rock
      >unknowingly go through a specific spot and summon Limatoukka

almost shitted myself

Anonymous

I have 80 hours and never killled the last boss am I retarded?

Anonymous

mods

Anonymous

That seems pretty typical.

Anonymous

I’d say it took me around ~60, and it was a very lucky run where I rolled every immunity perk in the game
        if you haven’t already, dedicate a few games exclusively to going for orbs and killing the boss left of the dark cave
        with more spells unlocked you have better chances of building a decent wand then you die to a hiisi with nuke orbit

Anonymous

I only did that boss once, but he despawned when I ran for cover. Seems like this is an extremely rare occurrence.

Anonymous

I don’t think they despawn, but they like to fuck off really, really far. it sucks but if you engage one you have to kill it or you might not find it ever again. lost the power plant and pyramid bosses this way.

Anonymous

i find the wizards den one is just not there half the time

Anonymous

could be. I love the game but there’s definitely some jank left to be addressed.

Anonymous

>Thought the game would be a neat RPG
      >It’s actually just one of those shitty "Hardcore" roguelikes.
      Very disappointing.

Anonymous

Happy birthday Noita, thanks for the almost 700 hours of fun

Anonymous

maybe one day I will see a parallel world. All I’ve learned so far is that 12 black holes with the speed modifier is still not enough to even reach the cursed rock layer.

Anonymous

That should be enough to at least reach the cursed rock. Are you trying to enter from some underground biome?

Anonymous

are you saying parallel worlds should be reached from the surface?

Anonymous

You don’t need to, but the distance is much smaller from there.

Anonymous

It should be, but there is a limit to how far a black hole can travel even at max speed due to how chunks work in this game

Anonymous

I wonder how much autism is in the modding community.

Anonymous

How long since early access Noita was out?

Anonymous

Megumin is for jättikonnas!

Anonymous
        Anonymous
          Anonymous

based off those "well Ganker?" threads.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

>Still haven’t fixed the caves
      It’s the only bad part of the game.What a pointless slog to start the run

Anonymous

How would you fix it?

Anonymous

>Better starting wand
          >Harder caves
          >A way to descend faster
          That’s it

Anonymous

>Better starting wand
            Energy sphere and spitter bolt 1 shot almost everything, and you can put spark bolt/bouncy into the red wand to make a decent wand for coal pits.
            >Harder caves
            Most people are already having hard time in it.
            >way to descend faster
            You can get to the first holy mountain in like 15 seconds if you’re not unlucky.

Anonymous

Indeed, the red starter with spitter bolt can work somewhat comfortably all the way to hiisi base, but it depends a bit on the stats,

Anonymous

What spells are good at killing turrets?
      Keeping a magic missile wand when I find one for Hiisi base really helps

Anonymous

Any explosive is good for dealing with robots.

Anonymous

Tablet-fu

Anonymous

Time to try to do the Sun Quest again. Twice now I’ve ruined my game by doing too many parallel worlds

Anonymous

I got my last achievements done recently. Sun quest was way easier and faster than I thought it would be. Good luck.

Anonymous

If you know the trick to cheese the re-rolls, yea it’ll be quick and easy. If you had to rely on only the perks you could afford in a single loop it would be pretty luck based

Anonymous

I didn’t do that, it’s entirely unnecessary.

Anonymous

Why is circle of vigor so rare, fuck. Last time I did a long run I searched for what seemed like days and didn’t find a single one.

Anonymous

healing bolt isn’t that rare, and is almost as good if you get piercing

Anonymous

Too many things interfere with it. You can’t combine it with teleport or black hole, and repulsion field makes it almost unusable.

Anonymous

Just search the work hell until you find a summon wand spell and farm them

Anonymous

Haha yeah man I love noita

Anonymous

Are you building up speed to teleport the statue into a parallel universe to kill god?

Anonymous

The gods are running for their life

Anonymous

FINLAND WINS AGAIN

Anonymous
        Anonymous

are you swimming in your own puke again? god dammit noita.

Anonymous

I’m not done.

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOO

Anonymous

disgusting

Anonymous

I’m not giving up.

Anonymous

Just found out you can get the pacifist chest by cutting out of the holy mountain, killing as much as you want, then going back into the above holy mountain and leaving from the exit that causes the earthquake, then going straight down to the portal without killing anything this time

Anonymous

I don’t understand what you’re saying.

Anonymous

yeah but the pacifist chests suck. best case scenario it’s like ~300 gold, worst case it drops a lit bomb
        I did it a bunch and it’s hardly worth it when you can farm the first level with tablet

Anonymous

But how do you kill the skeleton thing that spawns when breaking through the holy mountain? Also, do you pick your perks first?

Anonymous

With telekinesis, but you can just kick the statue into him. A wand with good mana and some luminous drills will kill him fast too, he doesn’t have much health. You can take the perks or leave them to get more money for rolling, it doesn’t matter.

Anonymous

Looks fun

Anonymous

No console release, no care.

Anonymous

Happy Birthday Noita, I luv this game

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

happy birthday noita 🙂 here’s to the dumbest game ever made

Anonymous

What was the worst shift you ever gotten? For me, it’s water -> acid.

Anonymous

Always see the threads/people talking about this game. Gonna bite the bullet and try it.
      What am I in for, anons?

Anonymous

death

Anonymous

>make wand
          >fuck everything up
          >let’s add piercing shot

Anonymous

Autism.

Anonymous

The fucking monk hand stone quest is literally impossible. Every time I try to do it, all the monk statues have despawned by the time I can get proper flight perks and items. If I do manage to find a monk stone, then I can’t even get it out of the snow biome before it either breaks, glitches into a wall and disappears, falls off-screen and despawns, or I get stuck inside of the rock which the game treats the same way as a kick. There’s no hand statues in parallel worlds, so basically I only get 1 single attempt at this for every 87 hour run.

I just tried to use the homebringer bolt, I spent like 30 minutes carefully moving the statue up small increments until it mysteriously glitched into a wall and disappeared. That was the only monk statue in the map. I didn’t even get it halfway up the fucking biome. It fell at least twice and of course it bounces all the way to the fucking bottom, it’s impossible to stop because homebringer just changes the position but not velocity, gravity items aren’t strong enough to stop it.

Anonymous

what about using kuu?
        (disclaimer: I don’t actually know what quest since I’m mostly unspoiled)

Anonymous

That’s the first thing I tried, but the pull is so weak that you have to be almost touching the stone in order to lift it, and if you touch the stone you’ll probably glitch inside of it which causes it to break.

Anonymous

whataboutuhh telekinesis?

Anonymous

Telekinetic kick will break it.

I just did it with kuu, it’s not nearly as touchy as you make it sound. It can probably help if you make a mold and pour concrete to create permanent platforms for the stone on the way up to the mountain.

How many extended flight perks did you have? I had 1 but it seemed impossible to lift the statue all the way up with that much, it lifts up much too slowly. The longer I play the more likely it seems that all the statues have just despawned on their own.

Anonymous

I had 3 extended levitation perks IIRC, but you can build stuff with concrete if you find those spells. If you drop a statue off screen it will probably despawn, which is annoying, if you’re worried, just don’t explore snowy depths much at all before getting parallel world access and already being strong, that way new ones will spawn as you explore.

Anonymous

I recall concrete being liquid and not very useful. I’ll try it if I ever find one.
                  >don’t explore snowy depths
                  Good idea, didn’t even think of that.

Anonymous

For concrete building, you need to make the temporary platform spells as molds for the liquid concrete to harden on, then when the temporary platforms run out, the concrete remains.

Anonymous

I just did it with kuu, it’s not nearly as touchy as you make it sound. It can probably help if you make a mold and pour concrete to create permanent platforms for the stone on the way up to the mountain.

Anonymous

It’s so easy wtf?

Anonymous

Also homebringer bolt is glitchy as fuck, sometimes it doesn’t do anything and then suddenly the statue teleports for no reason. Sometimes the bolt doesn’t even fly off at all no matter how much I shoot, but then the statue teleports to me when I switch wands.

Anonymous

>get always cast circle of healing
      >die

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.