• This topic is empty.
Viewing 49 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Post ’em

Anonymous

This entire DLC

Anonymous

Old World Blues is MUCH worse, and I’m always surprised how little shit Obsidian gets from it.
        The whole thing is like a combination between Antony Burch and Rick&Morty.

Anonymous

I mean the bull and bear thing is pretentious but the level is fun and really atmospheric and makes the world feel really big. I liked it a lot. Dead money is pure kino though. Oh and honest hearts was boring as hell.

Anonymous

I didn’t like any of the NV dlc stories. They feel too detached from the main game and are just chores to play through. I wish they could at least expand the game world a bit by adding a new city or area instead of locking you away on some remote location.

Anonymous

Honest Hearts should have been the DLC to fix Legion’s lack of content. It ends up being completely inconsequential to the main game and Caesar only briefly comments on you meeting Joshua.

Anonymous

Ulysses is an insufferable cunt, but battling through the Marked Men in the silo and on the road was great.

Old World Blues is MUCH worse, and I’m always surprised how little shit Obsidian gets from it.
        The whole thing is like a combination between Antony Burch and Rick&Morty.

>t. Richie Marcus

Anonymous

>Ulysses is an insufferable cunt
          Well yeah, he’s a broken man who simply cannot accept that bad shot can happen for no reason, they’re not pleasant people

Anonymous

>Ulysses is an insufferable cunt
          Well yeah that goes hand in hand with being a melanoid.

Anonymous

The *entire* DLC? No. The new weapons and armor are great.

Anonymous

>Dead Money
        a bit too limited, but overall a succinct and solid story with good atmosphere, characters, and a change up of gameplay
        >Honest Hearts
        seriously flawed but it has some amazing characters, and I really am a sucker for anything that boils down to "the world interacting with itself outside of player control" just like in Call of Pripyat. The actual quests and gameplay are barebones, can’t defend it.
        >Old World Blues
        its just a dungeon rush with silly dialogue to keep you from falling asleep, it’s not particularly bad but I find it the hardest to finish, it feels like its there to give the PC endgame "loot" in the form of gear and perks
        >Lonesome Road
        odious story, decent gameplay but it’s very railroaded while being much longer than Dead Money or Honest Hearts, OWB at least let you explore. I honestly can’t get over the story, I’m legitimately caboose clobbered, I feel its where Avellone lost his touch and never recovered. It was antithetical to the them of Fallout 1, 2, and vanilla New Vegas.

Anonymous

The issue with the writing is, they didn’t make the theme transparent enough. Once you realise, it is about the "impermamence of ideas" this whole thing makes sense and is actually quite good

Anonymous

I don’t remember it exactly, but Ulysses bitches about how great The Divide was before The Courier brought a nukes detonator. He is bitter that the thing he so much believed in is dead, so now he wants to destroy others beliefs, just to show they won’t last forever and are meaningless.

The Courier can stop him by making him realise, our beliefs/ideas aren’t dead as long as we believe in them. That’s also why you can stop convince him by a faction check, but my failed so I don’t know how that affects him.

So yeah, it’s the instance where the writing and ideas are actually quite good, but the writer does a shit job at making them transparent enough to begin with.

Kind of like the Witcher 1 talk with The Wild Hunt was supposed to be a premise for the future of the series, but noone really gently caressing understood what the gently caress this all was about.

Anonymous

Ulysses is basically You and the message from Chris Avellone is:

Interplay is gone, but don’t hate the new incarnations of the series. Old Fallout (Baldur’s Gate, etc.) are still alive as long as you play them.

Anonymous

>he will never write again because of some careerist bitch mad he wouldnt gently caress her

Anonymous

What’s the story?

Anonymous

you can google his name and find varying accounts, but he would gently caress around with various women who dont like it now years later, with most of them invoking some type of abusive language, but never actual assault. it’s some retarded no-name woman who admitted to willingly gently caressing / texting him having second thoughts now that she didnt get anything out of it
                  https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/hop3w6/chris_avellone_new_layer_about_the_story/
                  one reddit post about it

Anonymous

to add onto this, the woman was legitimately obsessed with him at the time. sour grapes given social credence

Anonymous

He got drunk and sent some really, really baudy flirt IM’s to some chick. Who then held on to them and later released them to Me Too him.

They were bad, but it’s not like he was grooming children or anything.

Anonymous

Good.
                Anything that makes gamers seethe is a victory for humanity

Anonymous

He is and he’s hiding out in Russia. He’s proofreading literally all the shit Owlcat is writing and westernizing it. He even came up with the main narrative philosophy of the plot.

Anonymous

kek, but he’s right, not enough games for me to romance noblewomen

Fight! Fight! Fight!
                  […]
                  […]

It’s all cringe by default with jrpgs anyway.

Anonymous

It is also Chris complaining about fallout being post-post apocalyptic instead of just post apocalyptic, with big factions like the NCR and Legion being developing nations. NV is in a sense the end of the west.

Anonymous

probably because there’s an all-important prophet-child that the game drops and replaces with Ciri

Anonymous

But Alvin’s story has ended by the end of the game. In case you didn’t get it, this is how it ends for him.

The twist is really obvious on a second playthrough

Anonymous

It was super obvious on the first playthrough especially because he repeats back the answers for the moral questions he asks before he dissapears.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Fallout 2 pop culture references were kino

Anonymous

no, they were bad and stupid.

Anonymous

TARDIS was already in Fallout 1.

Anonymous

Remember Star Trek? Remember the broken water chip? Remember Tom Cruise?

Anonymous

The difference here is that most Amerikeks of the time Fallout 2 was released wouldn’t have even gotten the reference, making it all the better.

Anonymous

Doctor Who was pretty well known from PBS, so most people that were playing CRPGs in the 90s would’ve at least recognized it as "the thing from Doctor Who".

Anonymous

>Dr. Who wasn’t universally known in the late 90’s / early 00’s
          You’ve won for more retarded post I’m going to see today.

Anonymous

Are you joking? Doctor Who was so pop-culturally relevant is constantly referenced in the Bathroom Readers from that era.

Anonymous

This is an elegant post. At the time it was just a fun obscure Easter egg. It was some nerd making an RPG based off a GURPs game making a joke some other nerd would have laughed at. Just a single scene, no treasure, no wacky NPC to go along with it, no side quest. Just a single word, a mutual chuckle between two people that get the joke. If you didn’t get it you might poke at the box for a moment, then walk off screen.

Now that same joke is perverted. Perverted by those who make "being a geek" the core of their personality. No longer the gentle creator and his small joke for a few, all that is left is OMG DR WHO.

Disgusting.

Anonymous

Well it does have a Motion sensor you can pick up but it is by no means unique or special and can be found elsewhere.

Anonymous

I always liked that one. The enjoyment came from
        a) It’s a special encounter, that’s rare and exciting as it is.
        b) I didn’t watch Dr.Who prior to Fallout, but i knew about that weird TV series about that guy who travels the universe in a phone booth. I just like the fact that seeing what happened to the world, and looking at the guy in blue suit with a machine gun walking directly to him made Doctor just say "No gently caressing way i’m leaving my booth for that gently caressing wasteland, outta here".
        c) Vault Dweller, of course, dorsn’t know what that is, so he is left with the question "what the gently caress did i just see?". It adds to the alien feel of the wasteland, there are uncomprehensible things happening there that are probably way larger than the war with mutants (literally). In F2 references were still fun, but lacked the subtlety. I think Tactics had excellent ones, and a great number of them.

Anonymous

This one always stuck with me because of how the game explicitly mentions that there are no other footprints anywhere. It’s silly, but also mysterious and a little creepy.

Anonymous

Speaking of Fallout the first game is completely trivialized by the BB gun. It’s crazy how just one bit of luck can make the game extremely easy, and I got it on my first run without knowing it was such a gamebreaker.

Anonymous

to be fair if you pay even a little attention to building your character Fallout 1 practically forces you to become an overpowered death god by the time you get to the Boneyard.

Anonymous

Fallout 1 > Fallout 2

Anonymous

That quest in Cyberpunk that was literally just a reference to the Office. In fact 99% of quests in that game are so bad it makes me cringe.

Anonymous

cause you are too retarded to understand it

Anonymous

The main quest in the game is a rip off of the old 90s movie with Emilio Estevez FreeJack. So hilariously bad.

Anonymous

>not installing the mod that removes all the degenerate tranny bullshit.

Are you retarded, op?

Anonymous

>Installing a mod just to avoid characters that have a different worldview/politics
        seek help

Anonymous

That’s like saying it’s wrong to avoid walking barefoot over human excrement.

Anonymous

imagine being this insecure

Anonymous

>trans is a worldview, not reality

Hope you aren’t Canadian, the words you just typed might be illegal.

Anonymous

And still right

Anonymous

things can still be a worldview and reality you moron

Anonymous

A worldview is an image of the thing, not the thing itself brainlet

Anonymous

I’m Canadian and transwomen aren’t women
            Call the rcmp i dare you

Anonymous

I don’t think delusion qualifies as a "view", the opposite if anything.

Anonymous

What about the trannies that make mods to insert their politics in the game. See: Morrowind: Sexual Harassments Remover Mod and Skyrim: Non-Binary Pronouns Mod

Anonymous

They join the 41% at some point.

Anonymous

>Morrowind: Sexual Harassments Remover Mod
            What a shitshow

Anonymous

Not even close to being the same thing, schizo

Anonymous

how is it not?
              I know you’re trolling but

Anonymous

It’s fine, if politics are pozzed.

Anonymous

>different worldview
          That’s mental illness, most people of the world agrees it.
          Stop living in your western bubble, mutt.

Anonymous

what is the name of the mod

Anonymous

There are a couple like convenient ee npcs to remove the tumors from the EE version and there is a mod in moddb ‘fixing’ some SoD elements. But if you are playing the EE and SoD… you are already infected.

Anonymous

The entirety of Disco Shitlysium.

Anonymous

>can only answer politely
      what a shitty game

Anonymous

The entirety of Lisa: The Painful and Undertale

Anonymous

SoD was gently caressing terrible

Anonymous

>can’t even call out the tranny on his degeneracy

Anonymous

And that’s a good thing!

Anonymous

Join the 41 percent.

Anonymous

of course you can’t. it’s a wrp"""g""" so it’s pozzed to the max.

Anonymous

You never can. If you’re gonna put shit like that in an RPG then the least you can do is let us role play multiple approaches to people like that.

Anonymous

At least in some games you can kill and or rob npcs.

>remember edwina
          Hell yeah, I do

but tranny stuff was in default bg2 too
          remember edwina
          except they made gender change seem like a literal curse

Ewdina is at least tf, not a tranny, but also
          >tfw, can’t make her accept the new body and then gently caress her and breed babies with her
          Now that would have been a great romance.

Anonymous
              Anonymous

Does it really allow what I specified though? Seems like it suggests lesbo content, not hetero.

Anonymous

I didn’t play it yet, but I was told by an anon that it has multiple endings, and, sadly, absolutely no lesbo content.
                If you’re male, you get relationship with Edwina, if you’re female, with Edwin.

Anonymous

>you get relationship with Edwina
                  That’s nice. Dick him (well, her now) into submissive, happy wife.

Anonymous

>let us role play multiple approaches to people like that.
          High chance a certain demographic will be enraged about it anon.

Anonymous

>Mi-Zhena
      >Zhena
      >"woman" in slav

BRAVO
      R
      A
      V
      O

Anonymous

"Zhena" is not "woman", ”zhena" is "wife" – in russian. In ukrainean, "woman" is a bit closer – "zhinka", in belorussian – "zhanc’yna", south slavs have "zhena", yes.

Anonymous

but tranny stuff was in default bg2 too
      remember edwina
      except they made gender change seem like a literal curse

Anonymous

Yeah, but it was comical and not portrayed as a positive.

Anonymous

>remember edwina
        Hell yeah, I do

Anonymous
            Anonymous
          Anonymous

That ones a classic.

Anonymous

butthurt little baby op

Anonymous

Always infecting…

Anonymous

[…]

Is this real? Hahahahaha the character is even called "žena" which is "woman" in most Slav countries, such subtlety hahaha

People who criticize Siege of Dragonspear always turn to those:
        >An extremely minor tranny NPC.
        >A voice line which has been removed from the game.

Also
        >They "ruined" Safana, a character who had like 3 conversations in the entire base game, and was so rarely chosen as a party member that BioWare made it outright non-canon in Shadows of Amn she ever met CHARNAME.

Anonymous

You will never make BG3. Nor 4. Not even a WotC related product.

Anonymous

What do I care what game devs say outside of games themselves?

Anonymous

>"I don’t care if people think that its forced or fake"
            But she should. He’s bad representation for the communities she’s representing. You want genuine representation that genuinely represents that community. If anything thats a bit insulting to LGBT, people of colour etc. because its basically saying "I dont care how you end up being perceived as long as I get my woke points"

Anonymous

You’re the exact type of person she doesn’t care about and she would tell you to let her do her job and have sex.

Anonymous

>Or if not a lot, there’s a couple"
            Here’s the truth, but it might not be.

Anonymous

The funny thing is that Scott, who pretty much singlehandedly torpedoed Beamdog’s chances of getting BG3, now works in marketing.

Anonymous

That makes sense. Stick them in marketing rather where they can’t touch the actual production.

Anonymous

Its called "Failing Upwards" and it only works for people who check all the current Zeitgeist-checkboxes.

Also See:
              Any female movie director.

Anonymous

I am glad that Larian is in charge of BG3, I loved divinity

Anonymous

There never should’ve been a BG3.
              Should’ve left it in the grave. It was already a finished game.

Anonymous

maybe but I am happy with what Larian Studios does so it is fine to me

Anonymous

youre happy with spending $60 to playtest an unfinished game? wow

Anonymous

I am hapoy they are working on it. I will buy it once its done.

Anonymous

There really was no reason whatsoever to resurrect the Baldur’s Gate name.
                But whatever, it means Beamdog didn’t get to wrap their tentacles around it so there’s the silver lining I guess.

Anonymous

>There really was no reason whatsoever to resurrect the Baldur’s Gate name.
                  There is a reason and it is name recognition for money. They’ve been doing that for ages with Baldur’s gate.

Anonymous

This. They should just call BG3 divinity 3.
                If nothing else, though, I’m glad that Beamdog got cuckolded out of the project of a lifetime by a bunch of Belgians.

Anonymous

It’s just a FR game with BG name for marketability. No need to seethe too much over that.

Anonymous

>guys it’s no big deal
          remember back in 2012 when we didn’t have 2 months of mandatory gay pride celebrations

Anonymous

People who defend Siege of Dragonspear always turn to those:
          >its just a minor NPC, it doesnt mean anything that its the single unkillable NPC in the whole game!
          >one of the writers being a tranny just shows how obsessed you are

Also
          >what you mean the writing is bad, well the writing was bad in BG1 also and it doesnt matter that all the companions feel written out of character because they barely had any character in the first game!!!11111

Anonymous

>Beamdog didn’t get BG3
          Don’t say karma doesn’t exist.

Anonymous

Karma’s a cutie patootie.
            I’m glad she works her magic.

Anonymous

Safana was 1 note and remained 1 note, but is now out of tune.
          It would have been far smarter to make Skie the generic thief so you’d actually care about her a bit in the end.

Anonymous

Eldoth treating Skie like shit and her still clinging to him all the time was gently caressing hilarious
            Of course they had to ruin it.

Anonymous

Did they actually touch stockholm syndrome Skie?

Anonymous

I have no gently caressing idea. I don’t want to play that abortion of a game to find out.

Anonymous

My only problem with the tranny NPC is that it makes no sense, if I was in D&D world I wouldn’t stick to medieval era medicine like castration and pregnant mare piss. Like I’m not going to jury rig HRT. I’m going to get a girdle of opposite gender, move a few towns over, marry the local paladin and give him 2.5 kids. The only reason to have a classically androgynous tranny in a feudal setting with magic like the sword coast would be in some kind of religious or mystical context serving as a priestess like a gali or something. Otherwise it is gently caressing retarded and patronizing.

Anonymous

OP seething but will contribute anyway.

Anonymous

wikia cringe thread?

Anonymous

>killed the dude as soon as I read that he’s mentally ill
        Based

Anonymous

How is that cringe? Culling the mentally ill sounds based to me.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

this isn’t real, right?

Anonymous

Now this really activates my windows

Anonymous

not an rpg

Anonymous

all of V’s dialogue is bad but this was the most painful to me, I’ve never sent a gently caressing emoticon in my life and it made me do it

this isn’t real, right?

disgustingly real

Anonymous

>there are people who actually did the racing side quests
        YIKES.

i did literally every ncpd scanner and gig/side job in the game and even i skipped the racing shit. the driving is garbage and the cars teleport behind you and can never go off your minimap, why the gently caress would you do this

Anonymous

i didn’t realize the bartender was the trannoid until forward slash vee showcased it by random when i was somewhere right before the last qualifying race, the one where you’re forced to drive her tranny flag truck, didn’t notice it before somehow. Then the dude tells you a boohoo story about his gay lover dying for who cares and it was a great feeling being able to tell him to gently caress off there and then, never been more satisfied with a QUEST FAILED ever.

Anonymous

this is gently caressing soul

Anonymous

Too many to pick in dragon age games.

Anonymous

maybe it’s because i’m not american, but most of these just strike as being overly silly and funny

Anonymous

Shut the gently caress up, goddamn you moronic faggot foreigners. Western Europe has a significantly higher per capita lgbt population but it’s always goddan California faggotry you all fixate on. Brasil is literally ground zero for assmunching trannies and Thailand is world famous for ladyboys but "ameriigaaa" right. gently caressing die.

Anonymous

Is this real? Hahahahaha the character is even called "žena" which is "woman" in most Slav countries, such subtlety hahaha

Anonymous

What’s with the ugly cell-shading outline on everything? What gently caressing mod are you playing on?

Anonymous

it’s not a mod, that outlining is on by default in all of beamdog’s shit. no clue why anyone wouldn’t turn that off immediately though

Anonymous

so tablet users, the main audience for the games, can easily spot the characters

Anonymous

it’s an enhancement anon

Anonymous

I played Siege of Dragonspear. That character is not found in that place anymore, it was moved. And it won’t tell you the tranny line if you didn’t ask.

Anonymous

wrpgbros… why are our games so gently caressing gay?

Anonymous

The exact same reason the west is in decline. It’s just another symptom of our decline.

Anonymous

The west is in decline because of angry virgin chuds who spend more time whining about women and minorities than actually propagating

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Iron Bull looked like he was made from wet clay.

Anonymous

I haven’t even got to the queen of WRPG cringe yet and how she looks.

Anonymous

sera was cute retard goblino

Anonymous

I mean its pretty god representation to have an RPG’s very first downs syndrome companion.

Anonymous

don’t plant your seed in retarded soil or all you’ll reap will be vegetables

Anonymous

If you want cute autismo you are better of with Fem Ryder from Andromeda, no the goblina.

On a positive note, this woman doesn’t work in games anymore and Beamdog didn’t get BG3.

>everyone should get a chance to see themselves reflected in pop culture
              So many problems showcase themselves in this sentence
              a) Muh pop culture. It should not be about that, but about making interesting fantasy stories and games. Not pop culture shit.
              b) everyone. Forced inclusivity shit is horrible, it can ruin setting’s internal consistency, logic of the story and worldbuilding. Everyone should NOT get representation, at least not in one game or piece of media.
              c) This shit is used by companies, not really to peddle the ideology but more to pander and get customers that way, which feeds into new games being shit.

Anonymous

>went to recruit her for the first time >heard her talk like a munted crash-helmeted sped about stealing pants over and over
            >realize that she’s literally a gay, retarded antifa member
            >reload save and leave immediately

She looks gross too

Anonymous

Every character and the story of this entire game is cringe.

Anonymous

>take bull and dorian on quests at the same time
        >they start talking about kinky sex shit
        inquisition is awful for so many reasons

Anonymous

i just want to hunt some monsters for gently caress sake

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Ah yes, masterpiece that got two writers demoted to CMs and eventually leaving the company.

Anonymous

God damn it feels good to own TOS and the other true versions of BG/ID/PS/NWN on gog and know that beamdog is never going to get a penny from me.

Anonymous

On a positive note, this woman doesn’t work in games anymore and Beamdog didn’t get BG3.

Anonymous

Larian hired her

Anonymous

Don’t joke about stuff like that.

Anonymous

Why would you lie like this, according to her internet page and facebook she is unemployed and is self publishing sci fi novel. Also by her nose i can guess she is garden gnome.

Anonymous

This better be true.

Anonymous

God that shits worse than how Bioware acted on their forums from 2011 – 2013

Anonymous

How did they?

Anonymous

Ding dong bannu

Anonymous
              Anonymous

why the chink accent?

Anonymous

Their overly strict moderator was called Stanley Woo and he was chinese and after every post put END OF LINE.

Anonymous

END OF RINE

Anonymous

that was kind of a dick thing to ppost on the devs forums let’s be honest

Anonymous

END OF RINE

Why was he so obsessed with the delta of the river Rhine?

Anonymous

You know, tortanic is ok if you want some old republic era content, at least as far as class stories go. Combat is kind of shit.

Anonymous

"I don’t care if people think that’s forced or fake"
        She will when she realises she also managed to alienate the people she was writing for.
        So much for "reaching as many different types of people as possible" more like pissing them off.
        They didn’t see themselves reflected in pop culture they saw themselves as a token character boiled down to just a sexuality and nothing more to be included for Amber’s woke points.

Anonymous

>they saw themselves as a token character boiled down to just a sexuality and nothing more
          To be fair there is nothing more to them. Trannies, fags and other sorts of sexual deviants have only their sexual deviations to them. They think about nothing else – only how much they want to suck dicks, cut their dicks off or whatever is their mental illness. They literally can’t form a single thought unrelated to their sexual deviation. There’s only that.
          Do you know what mayflies are? They are bugs that hatch, immediately copulate and then fall and die. They literally don’t do a single thing other than "fucking" in their lives. That’s the only thing that exists to them.
          Sexual degenerates are like mayflies, only they live a bit longer and don’t die immediately after dilating (usually).

Anonymous

It’s not like you’d notice the normal /lgbt/ members that don’t make their sexuality a core part of their identity.
            The vocal ones are the ones you hear the most unfortunately.
            Also tone down the edge pal.

Anonymous

>Also tone down the edge pal.
              No, I hate degenerates and there’s nothing you can do about it

Anonymous

Tone up the edge.

Anonymous

*ahem*

Anonymous

Yes anon?

Anonymous

gently caress diverse folk
                      gently caress TRANNIES
                      gently caress garden gnomes
                      gently caress JANNIES

Anonymous

My grandmother has said more shocking things than that.
                        Unimpressed.

Anonymous

What did she say?

Anonymous

She once told me with the straightest face I’ve ever seen that she used to think my dad was a faggot.
                        I laughed my ass off because I don’t blame her.

Anonymous

My parents probably think I’m a faggot when the truth is I’m just a loser and women don’t like me

Anonymous

I’m sorry to hear that anon.
                        Hope you find that special girl one day

Anonymous

This, it’s a shame that the most retarded /lgbt/ guys are the most vocal (although natural) when you meet a normal gay/bi/lesb person you have no clue about their sexuality because, well… Liking dicks or not is not something that I would define as an "important trait of your personality".

Anonymous

Hey they have freedom of sexual expression. I have freedom of artistic expresion.
              Behold I call this "Ode to post modern beauty"

Anonymous

Freedom is something we should all have

Anonymous

>To be fair there is nothing more to them. Trannies, fags and other sorts of sexual deviants have only their sexual deviations to them. They think about nothing else – only how much they want to suck dicks, cut their dicks off or whatever is their mental illness. They literally can’t form a single thought unrelated to their sexual deviation. There’s only that.
            Are you basing this off anything besides your own asspain? They never pour a bowl of cereal in the morning, vibe to a good song, enjoy a videogame? You genuinely believe it’s all just dick dick dick all the time?
            This is a rherotical question, I know you’re some stupid edgelord faggot who’s response will be as worthless as your original post.

Anonymous

sounds like his post made you angry and defensive fren.

Anonymous

See I’d be willing to give a trans character the time of day if it was written by someone with an ounce of humility, first-hand experience, and (ironically) self-awareness like these guys, it’s not a polite subject to broach irl and heavens know I don’t like being around them anyway.

Anonymous

That’s not gonna stop the BEAMGODS to make their own RPG using their own original setting!

Anonymous

Oh boy am I hyped for a bug filled rush mess that leaves the employees stressed out and ready to quit the industry all for a mediocre CRPG that does absolutely nothing new in terms of gameplay or roleplaying experience (except maybe restrict the evil options because "thats mean/sexist/homophobic" to kill that female character but you can kill the cis white dudes all you want).

And I’m also super hype for their boring story and uninteresting characters that will all be divided by some sort of identity they "represent" e.g. the black one, the transgender one, the gay one etc. and have nothing more to them and no interesting backstory but you can gently caress them at least. All set in a Tolkein rip off world and a D&D campaign setting full of the very original Humans who can do anything and are the most common species, Dwarves who live underground and don’t use magic and craft things, Elves who use magic and live in forests, some sort of giant or orc race that they’ll constantly use as racist analogies of "Don’t call their civilisation savage just because it’s different to yours!", some sort of Tiefling or Aasimar rip off, annoying Gnomes that act like children, and some sort of furry race, probably dragons or catgirls that was enslaved and we wus kangs etc. to represent the underpriveleged people and for people to project minorities of.

Only THIS time! There’s Transgenders!

Anonymous

Man if you don’t hit it right on the nail with this one I’m going to be very shocked.
            Well done anon. Also grazi for making me feel more like shit.

Anonymous

have beamdog done anything of note apart from their shit editions of IE games and SoD?

Anonymous

Judging from SOD, it’s going to be shit.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Almost everything bioware

Also wrpg romance is always cringe as gently caress.

Anonymous

Is Mizhen actually the only unkillable character in BG?

Anonymous

Well is he?

Anonymous

Koveras in Candlekeep is unkillable.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Shit Shepard I should be taking notes.

Anonymous

Can’t we all just get along?

Anonymous

You’re right anon.
        Both are shit and videogames are for big manchildren.
        Go pick up a book or enjoy the outdoors.

Come on anon, be real.
        Arguing online over petty things is our hobby. gently caress you.

Anonymous

No. JRPGs are shit. But they don’t have as much cringe that a lot western developers seem to love putting in their games.

Anonymous

It wouldn’t be so bad if it were just a tranny, what really irks me is the whole "new name from syllables of different languages" bullshit, which is such an aggressively pseud thing to do. Wow, so worldly and quirky! Totally not a gently caressing soulless self-insert for a writer who’s, like, SO not down with their own gently caressing race and culture (Their own people are racists after all.).

It’s just so transparent and annoying about it, maximally so. Faerun is a setting with gender change belts. Who gently caressing cares? Perfectly fine for there to be people who magically change genders in the setting, makes sense. It’s that it’s so gently caressing preachy, soulless, and ignorant that gets me.

Anonymous

>magic
        That is an important thing to consider. It drastically changes the reality of the situation and how it might be addressed in a setting, but few things take that into account in an interesting manner rather than just using it as a chance to clumsily force real world political views.

Anonymous

Exactly. Disregarding real life, in Faerun changing your gender should be a simple (Though perhaps expensive.) process that works completely and permanently right down to the DNA. Reincarnation is a Druid spell that people with means could probably find a way to take advantage of, so even crazier shit like a male Gnome becoming a female Orc is actually within the realm of possibility in this setting. The whole planet is very high fantasy, incredibly permissive, and extremely cosmopolitan. A transgender person existing in the setting is not worth a second thought in any way. It’s obvious they would exist, and it’s also obvious nobody should really care because magic can just do that shit perfectly and there’s no reason for even the most conservative dickhead to care about that in particular in this world, because they’d be more concerned with gently caressing Orcs and Skeletons. Hell, even their religion is polytheistic and permissive enough that following evil storm gods is considered a legitimate personal choice!

Hell, I’d find it more bizarre if someone actually DID care about magical sex-changing. So I’m not pissed off they wrote in trannies. I’m pissed off it’s smug, real-world propaganda, written like shit, polluting my game lore.

Anonymous

Great points all around. They’re doing an unimaginable disservice to trannies trying to "represent" them in a world their problems wouldn’t even gently caressing exist.

Anonymous

being a tranny is a fetish

Anonymous

More like being cornered mentally for failing to fulfill the societal role of being the perfect "man" – a naturally masculine alpha chad or a "woman" – an idealized bimbo of femininity.
                It sounds like an organic result of restrictive western role models being pumped down people’s mind, combined with capitalist goals of what defines success. It seems A LOT more like simple OCD to me being the cause of the so-called dysphoria.

Anonymous

>mentally for failing to fulfill the societal role of being the perfect "man"

God you leftists. Very few men are perfect specimens but we are mentally well adjusted so we accept this without cutting are dicks off and imaging we are women.

>an idealized bimbo of femininity.

This will depend exactly on the person as clearly someone likes bimbos somewhere but the vast majority of desires remain little changed as they are genetically driven. Males seek women based on youth and fertility factors that appear in healthy female. Read buss etal if you need some evidence.

>restrictive western role models being pumped down people’s mind

Always propaganda when someone else does it but education when you do it. What a fag.

>capitalist goals of what defines success.

These ideals pre-date capitalism, monarchism and even to some extent tribalism.Success if success and exists independent of your shitty economic system.

Anonymous

Why call me leftist? I just think "western" ideas of perfect tolerance organically contributed to the mentall illness of trannyism. Your capitalist values also encourage to act like special snowflakes because fame, popularity and freedom is what defines westerners.

Anonymous

Ahh your a leftist that wear the clothes of one on the right wing. Let me guess you don’t like socialism but you love national socialism?

Anonymous

I hardly give a gently caress about politics melanoid. I just think it’s retarded to forego national identity and encourage population replacement for the sake of spiraling economic growth globalists are so enamored with.
                        Social democracy to an extent is a logical thing to do in a modern capitalist system though. It just can’t be done at the expense of everyone who got the place to be where it is because muh poor minorities.

Anonymous

>I hardly give a gently caress about politics
                        >Gives explanation of politics that speaks to the idea of caring very deeply about politics.

gently caress off socialist. Markets are the only thing that actually work and everyone that tries to subvert them is retarded. INB4 trying to brand me as pro immigrant.

Anonymous

I honestly don’t know dude. I guess you’re arguing for the anarcho-capitalism meme I’ve heard so much about, but I don’t read about this stuff enough to know the details.
                        I think the government can’t be gotten rid of so the only way is to make it work for the people instead of what is currently happening in the US (importing illegals to vote in soc-dems and policies that affect the former as a result).

Anonymous

You should look up to read more instead of just absorbing shit in the internet.
                        I recommend some names like Mises, Hayek.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

To what end? Being a superbly knowledgeable mongolian throat singing forum partaker?
                        The US elections showed it’s all a giant scam anyway and your political spectrum hugely trumped by cronyism.

Anonymous

>I’m too busy grilling to understand how to fix the gently caressed up situation I’m just gonna let these guys kill me.
                        t.normalfag

Anonymous

I’m not an ameristani. And besides, republicans abandoned trump because they themselves gained from election fraud in the past.

Anonymous

Only america is gently caressed up? That’s news to me I thought my country also had a faggot running it and killing of peoples lives… Thanks anon.

Anonymous

A tip for you if you want to pretend you don’t understand politics. Don’t reference the following. western anything, Social democracy, modern capitalist system, national identity, anarcho capitalism and population replacement. Any normie might know one or two of these but all of them. Nah. You’re in the know one way or the other.
                        >I think the government can’t be gotten rid of
                        Why?

Anonymous

Because stefan should’ve already done it if it were possible instead of running his cult.

Anonymous

Ah the issue for you isn’t on of the government being a nessecity but that it has more power than a 50 odd year old radio random therefore we can’t do anything to stop it at all. Got it.

Anonymous

What are you gonna do little man? There won’t be another trump in a 100 years after the triggering that ensued. And trump was a fraud anyway on an israeli leash.

Anonymous

>Imaging I was betting on trump or am even an American.
                        Did you read anything I posted?

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure it’s just what happens when young men mix lust up with envy. Imagine you’re a young, ugly man, possibly in high school or something, no friends, bad household, etc. Then imagine you get big into the anime community where waifus are worshipped, or you end up on a leftist partition of the internet where people become brave heroes for changing their gender and their are swarms of "friends" and "allies" to "support" you. You probably start to think "I’m a gross gently caressing weirdo who everyone hates, but I could be beautiful and loved."

You know the rest.

People definitely aren’t just born like that, or the numbers wouldn’t be increasing. It’s an unintentional (But powerful.) peer pressure scheme that brings in vulnerable people, full stop. It’s like a cult, if it weren’t, these people wouldn’t all act and think the same.

Anonymous

When will tranny understand than being a man or a girl have nothing to do with your personality, it’s as to do with your sex. You could be the most effeminate man on earth that doesn’t change the fact that you are a man.

Anonymous

>Western Role models
                  You do know that those things were used and believed to be absolutes long before the western world had iron in Europe. To this day the rest of the world is traditional except the west.

Anonymous

Being a crossdresser, trap, femboy twink is a fetish. You can’t get off on the thrill and taboo of dressing as a woman and being dominated if you abandon your role as a man.
                Being a tranny is a mental illness, and takes denial of reality to the body-mutilating extreme. There would be no need for someone to live under and accrue the stress of body dysphoria in a setting with transformation magic.

Anonymous

>161 posts
      >no cringe is being posted
      Let’s get the party started

Anonymous

>PFKM
        >western rpg
        slavic games are asian games

Anonymous

COPE

Anonymous

A very based take, anon

Anonymous

There’s something about the writing in Pathfinder Kingmaker and in all the Beamdog nu-BG inserts that just reeks of Reddit. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s most noticeable in the EEs where there’s a marked style difference between the legacy dialogue and the newer dialogue.

It’s needlessly wordy and hamfistedly unsubtle about emotional states.

Anonymous

Valerie romance dialogue for CHARNAME:
          >You know, you really are quite beautiful. You’re a reliable friend and a worthy ally, but would be a crime to ignore your beauty.
          >For the moment, yes. I’m not going to stalk you like your admirers. But I wanted you to know that I’ve noticed you.

Laughably and immersion-breakingly bad.

Anonymous

kek I thought it was just me that cringed reading this

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>161 posts
        >no cringe is being posted
        Let’s get the party started

These are a little cringy at best. I don’t get what’s so bad.

Anonymous

It is just bad, not politically charged and bad.

Anonymous

The writing is too tryhard. As a result, the characters don’t sound like real people. If you’re just describing an item or whatever then you can write whatever bs you want, nobody cares. But ffs don’t use gay fanfic tier flowery prose when a character is speaking. It sounds so wrong.

Anonymous

>the characters don’t sound like real people
            GEE BILLY, IT’S LIKE WE ARE PLAYING A VIDEOGAME

Anonymous

it’s bad writing

Anonymous

What the gently caress is going on in this thread?
      Can we talk more about wrpgs?

Anonymous

Welcome to pushing politics in games. You can’t have it back till the fight in over anon. If you don’t have a dog in the fight then learn the lesson now. Just lay low and let them wear each other out.

Anonymous

Basically the entire Pathfinder: Kingmaker. You don’t even have to cherrypick, just pick any average story dialogue and there, you have some maximum cringe writing right in front of you.

Anonymous

Why is it so popular? There are always at least two ongoing threads on this board.

Anonymous

It is not popular, it has below mediocre reviews. Takes just one autist to force threads here.

Anonymous

It’s a decent cRPG with interesting turn-based strategy elements. It’s in your classic fantasy setting without a bunch of new and tryhard weird shit like PoE. Memorable characters, decent world, decent waifus.

Biggest con is the dialogue writing.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Man Dragon Age is a shitshow of a series.

Anonymous

If you really think about it, it’s not a trilogy. The games have basically nothing in common with each other.
          In each game the designs are different, the themes are different, the characters are different, the writing is different, the only things that are the same are names. Compare how the qunari look and act in each of three games.

Anonymous

So are they trying to establish their own Final Fantasy series? Where they have recurring themes and elements but each is set in its own world, or part of the world, and deals with its own things?

Anonymous

no they’re all in the same world and timeline the writers just keep changing so its inconsistent and trash, i miss DAO

Anonymous

DA O and expansion is fine. DA2 is boring and some pozzed shit is already more noticeable. And cisquisition is self explanatory.

Anonymous

Why are warpigs full of trannies?

Anonymous

Cuz trannies got big fannies.

Anonymous

Man Dragon Age is a shitshow of a series.

If you really think about it, it’s not a trilogy. The games have basically nothing in common with each other.
        In each game the designs are different, the themes are different, the characters are different, the writing is different, the only things that are the same are names. Compare how the qunari look and act in each of three games.

I love when people post this, since I immediately know they haven’t played the game.
        Spoiler Alert: He’s gently caressing lying. He’s a spy, and will say anything to get into people’s good graces. There is no such thing he describes in the Qun.

Anonymous

>Spoiler Alert: He’s gently caressing lying. He’s a spy, and will say anything to get into people’s good graces. There is no such thing he describes in the Qun.
          People keep saying this, and I keep seeing COPE in the written form.

Anonymous

What are those character sprites? They look sorta cool but they dont belong in BG

Anonymous

Some black outlines they added for tablets users. Apparently they had some problems recognizing the characters so they added that.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

any more pathfinder examples? not quite convinced by what I’ve seen and people say the game’s fun

Anonymous

it’s the best CRPG to come out since original sin 2 but the game was made when the ESL ruskies were still controlled by the pozzo overlords. it’s their first game and holy gently caress does it show. they redeemed themselves in my eyes when they added the coombait threesome devil twin dlc

Anonymous

russians are truly asians since only they add anime girls in their shitty games and people love them.

Anonymous

What is it with this board and the "anime" boogeyman? They added sexy girls in their game, cry me a gently caressing river. If only triple A games did this too

Anonymous

Redditors trying to fit in, ignore those fags.

Anonymous

why are faggitors posting here when they have their tranny and melanoid filled forums?

Anonymous

Because they believe people here only fling shit at each other and call each others diverse folk and faggots. They don’t even understand each board has their own culture, memes and so on, instead they treat everything like Ganker because they heard that people on Ganker are angry racists and pretending to be one is so much gently caressing fun.

Anonymous

Everything is cringe. Just embrace it, diverse folk. Enjoy what you like.

Anonymous

Leftism makes a lot more sense when you realise it’s like a religion to these people.
      They HAVE to include trans people in their games because that is their liturgy – it’s like a bunch of Christians putting prayers to Jesus in their game.

Think about it, secular leftism has
      >Original sin
      Slavery. We are all racist and we will all always be racist. We can only mitigate this by being anti-racist.
      >An omnipotent force that is never wrong
      Science
      >Armageddon any day now™
      Climate change.
      >Liturgy
      Virtue signaling one’s leftism through twitter and creative mediums
      >Hostility to heretics
      Demanding others do the same liturgy you do – like forcing Nintendo to tweet black lives matter
      >Denominational infighting
      Feminists vs Trannies
      >Devil
      Trump and conservatives
      >Saints
      Fauci, FDR, Obama
      >Excommunication
      Cancel culture, what they did to JK rowling and Chris Pratt.
      >Indulgences
      Donate to the ACLU, BLM, and my patreon!
      >Human sacrifice
      Abortion.
      >Rituals
      Burning down cities. Tik tok dances. Kneeling and doing the fist. Voting.
      >Miracles
      Men becoming women.

Anonymous

big brain

Anonymous

>Fauci, FDR, Obama
        >leftist
        lol

Anonymous

All cringey JRPG localisations are Western so they therefore count as WRPG cringe.

Anonymous

holy mother of based

Anonymous
        Anonymous

For all the shit this game had the combat was way more fun than grinding materia like a retard in ff7

Anonymous
        Anonymous

The whole way Obsidian portrayed corporations in the game was godawful

Anonymous

>not my heckin corporations

Anonymous

i remember the cleaning robot-turned-killer thing you could fix up on your ship had cringy dialogue to boot, huge disappointment when i fixed it up, dismissed him on the spot. Nobody in that game was good in any regard.

Anonymous

todd is gently caressing cringe

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Anyone not picking "i have to be going now." is a faggot.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.