Just realized i havent played metroid prime. is there a way to play with keyboard and mouse?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Just realized i havent played metroid prime. is there a way to play with keyboard and mouse?

• This topic has 79 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just realized i havent played metroid prime. is there a way to play with keyboard and mouse?

Anonymous

you really couldn’t just google this?

Anonymous

isnt this google?

Anonymous

YES

No but ok

Primehack does this flawlessly

This

Anonymous

No, it’s a Christian facebook group advocating for the prohibition of video games. Also hot dad central.
          -Steve from Wisconsin

Anonymous

https://youtu.be/1YFIm-O_YhA
      I got you, homie.

Anonymous

great now to find some elicit nintendo roms

Anonymous

Unironically try Reddit

Anonymous

what sub reddit
            is there already a post with some links or do i have to ask around

Anonymous

r/roms

Anonymous

i found one linking to vimms lair but i think the iso got taken down

Anonymous

There’s a megathread with links.

[…]
              Back, and stay go.

Not your safe space, fucking faggot.

Anonymous

could you just post a link

Anonymous
              Anonymous

>look guys I hate reddit XD do I fit in now?

Anonymous

Cry more, redditmelanoid. have a nice day.

Anonymous

Not OP but how does morph ball work with primehack? It seems it’ll be wonky as hell and you may as well play with a controller since aiming isn’t really a thing in prime

Vimm’s lair breh

Anonymous

Morphball is fine until you get to half-pipes, it’s a bit jank but you can still do it.

Anonymous

Morph ball isn’t bad at all because most of it is either in 2D or half pipes where you barely move beyond timing boosts anyway. The only annoying part is that one missile tank in the space pirate base in phrendrana

Anonymous

uh morph ball with boost ball is one of the major movement mechanics of prime for getting around horizontal space

Anonymous

Yeah but that hardly requires precision

Anonymous

Yeah but that hardly requires precision

And to add to that its even better in primehack because the jump ball is bound to a key and not fucking shaking the nunchuk

Anonymous

Unironically try Reddit

r/roms

How fucking stupid has this board gotten that they not only flaunt their reddit faggotry, but can’t find roms without it?

Anonymous

Why the fuck do you care where people get their roms from? It’s an easy source so I use it.

Anonymous

have a nice day, faggot.

Anonymous

You need to go back.

Anonymous

reshittera guide (good guide though very thorough) on getting it working:
        >https://www.resetera.com/threads/metroid-prime-trilogy-on-dolphin-primehack-is-the-definitive-way-to-play-the-series.370665/

A couple things you need to do that the guide doesn’t say:
        >turn camera and cursor sensitivity up to 40-40+
        >if you get crashes, turn off Dual Core and GPU sync in BOTH THE GENERAL DOLPHIN CONFIG AND THE RIGHT-CLICK MENU PROPERTIES OF THE GAME ITSELF in the list. (And I hope your machine is gud, though it really should be if you’re even attempting to run this shit.)

IMPORTANT: Use Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, NO the individual games for the GC, as they are less supported by primehack

As for getting the ROM, piracy is bad bro, and even though the first couple google searches will be sufficient, I strongly advise you just go on EBAY and spend hundreds of dollars on the disc, because that’s what’s right and just.

btw if you get this running and running good, your dick will be hard the entire time, it’s that good with primehack.

Anonymous

Forgot: download and install the high-rez rextures and HUD elements linked in that guide, because why wouldn’t you want that?

Anonymous

Primehack does this flawlessly

Anonymous

i am so tired of you faggots injecting mouse into Metroid Prime which is designed masterfully to NOT have analog aiming
      you guys are bringing a nuke to a gun fight for no reason other than, you’re zoomers.

Anonymous

Youre partially right. Primehack is very fluid but the control it gives over aiming doesn’t "cheat" the experience, it just modernizes it. You can’t even move around like a turbo fps anyway, it just gives you aiming.
        The one problem of Primehack is trying to use WASD in morph ball is a fucking nightmare on certain railings. Also reminder to use Ubershaders

Anonymous

You get a slight movement boost strafejumping like in Quake but you can’t chain them to gain more acceleration progressively.

Anonymous

Play returnal instead, you’ll can thank me later

Anonymous

When did the pc version come out?

Anonymous

Yes, you dumb ass. KB+M works on the Dolphin emulator. Now go Google the rest, zoomer. By the way, you’re like 16 years late to the party.

Anonymous

Primehack, works best with the Wii Trilogy re-release

Anonymous

It’s not an FPS. It was designed to be played with a controller and it works incredibly well with that method. At least play it through how it was designed once before you go playing around with hacks.

Anonymous

>it works incredibly well with that method
        In terms of game balance, sure, but don’t you dare sit there and tell me those controls haven’t aged like milk.

Anonymous

It’s FP OoT, it works just fine on a controller, and i think you’d be suffering a lot more without an analog stick for movement than a mouse for aiming

Anonymous

Primehack is incredible. Do it now.

Anonymous

Yes, but the game was made for a controller. It plays really well. Just go with the controller option.

Anonymous

Primehack really makes it feel like a native PC game, I don’t know what you’re saying.

Anonymous

Prime and Echoes need to be played on GC with a controller for the optimal experience, if you play the trilogy versions on top of being made easier, the motion controls/m+kb make combat easy as shit, they really aren’t designed to be like most FPS

Anonymous

Download DS4 windows (ps2 controller and USB input driver that allows you to key in controller and keyboard functions in programs like emulators and games)
      Download the newest version of the dolphin emulator. find the metroid prime .iso. Now start the DS4 tools/windows program before you start the emulator, start the emulator and go into options/preferences/input and change controller settings to your keyboard preferences. You may need to go into DS4 tools program and map your keyboard for Dolphin.

Anonymous

couldn’t stand how slow and tedious this game was. Combat was terrible and holy shit fuck scanning. When the game told me to head to that temple near the starting area for the final boss and said "oh by the way uhh go get 12 macguffins lol" I said fuck it and dropped it. Not worth it. The bosses were boring as shit in this game anyway. Baffled by people who think this is one of the greatest games of all time but I’ve heard many times that gamecube kids who grew up with the cube and nintendo fans from the n64 up often refused to play third party games out of a sense of pride so it all kinda makes sense.

Anonymous

Sorry the game wasn’t as deep and thoughtful as press A a million times to do the same attacks, a billion different times like in your god of war games fag. Want some cheese to go with that whine? Need a tampon?

Anonymous

>deep and thoughtful as press A a million times to do the same attacks
          that’s literally what it was, the bosses and bullet sponge enemies are exactly this. No wonder the Cube flopped. It got outsold by the PSOne, a hardware revision.

Anonymous

Prime is the highest selling metroid moron. Mashing is a single button is how the combat works in the 2D games, not prime where there’s a far bigger variety of combat options utilized. It wasn’t until dread where combat had more to it than just spam missiles

Anonymous

because prime took the elements that made super good with its exploration and expanded on them. The 2D metroids after super are a joke because they’re entirely guided with ZM only being spared via sequence breaks. The combat in prime is fantastic, better than the 2D games which is just unloading missiles aside from dread which just came out, this goes for bosses as well. Scanning is awesome and you’re a faggot for not liking it, it’s almost entirely optional anyway. This isn’t even mentioning the lore, environments, OST, and enemy designs which take a massive dump on the 2D games

>playing with hints on

Anonymous

Guys, guys, what do you think about Metroid Dread? Just finished it and it was super mega mmmmeh. Traversal is plain bad and controls are unresponsive. Bosses were kinda fun but that’s all. How the fuck did it get 85+ on Metacritic?

Anonymous

I liked it a lot and found the controls to be very responsive, but I also was playing via a wired Switch Pro controller since there’s too much wireless interference in my room for me to play with it wireless. I also found the traversal to be very fun with the dash and speed booster.

Anonymous

>super mega mmmmeh
        This isn’t working out, you have to leave.

Anonymous

That’s my honest opinion on that game. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Anonymous

Yeah, it’s the way you expressed it, not the opinion itself. Sorry, you just have to go.

Anonymous

You don’t have to be that passive aggressive, friend. I mean it’s an okay game maybe 6/10 but rate it almost as one of the best games ever which it’s clearly not.

Anonymous

Leave

Anonymous

Sure, you can play through the trilogy version of metroid prime with a mouse+kb hack, but why would you when you can just emulate the original?

Anonymous

because fps on a controller is garbage

Anonymous

it’s really not that hard, you’re master race right? You can figure out how to use a controller.

Anonymous

Play with whatever control scheme you want but Metroid Prime isn’t an FPS for the record

Anonymous

So you shoot, in first person. But it’s not a first-person shooter. Even though you shoot and scan things, in first person.

Anonymous

yeah, games like portal aren’t FPS either, they have different focuses

Anonymous

That is correct. It is best described as a first-person action-adventure.

Anonymous

Prime 1 and 2 barely every ask of you to do some precision shooting like your typical fps, it’s designed around you targeting an enemy and dodging around. 3 for sure is more of an FPS though, it was designed with point and shoot mechanics, unlike 1 and 2

Anonymous

>3 for sure is more of an FPS though, it was designed with point and shoot mechanics
            not really, it still has a dedicated lock on. The only time precision aiming is a factor is with the X ray visor which is hardly used

Anonymous

Right, locking on means you’re no longer shooting in first person, how silly of me.

Anonymous

The first two games were designed with the controller in mind. So the enemies are slow to compensate for your tanky movement. When you play with proper aiming, it will trivialize the game. Not entirely though, because half the game is puzzles. But still. If you do follow through with mouse and keyboard, then at least start on hard mode.

Anonymous

Veteran mode is a must with mkb, but even then it’s still pretty piss easy combat. Feels so good though.

Anonymous

ITT I learned that Timesplitters 1 and 2 aren’t first person shooters because they have soft lock-on. Neither are Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, or Gaylo.

Anonymous

>soft lock on
        cute word you made up for aim assist which is entirely different, even nintendo themselves came out and said it wasn’t an FPS, get out kid

Anonymous

>even nintendo themselves came out and said it wasn’t an FPS
          Right, so they made a game where the meat of the gameplay is shooting enemies in first person view. But it’s not a first person shooter, because they said it wasn’t. Also it’s possible and sometimes necessary to free aim, but that doesn’t count. It doesn’t count because Nintendo’s marketing department told you to.

Also on an unrelated note, Retro Studios was composed by former Iguana entertainment devs, who made such games as Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2. Which are also not first person shooters by association.

Anonymous

the meat of the gameplay is exploration stupid, shooting enemies supplements it. Turok 1 and 2 are the opposite with shooting enemies being the focus with exploration being supplemental

Anonymous

The development team has multiple quotes and interviews where they explain that Prime is not an FPS.

Anonymous

Does no one use EmuParadise anymore? Not that there aren’t hundreds of sites or google drive links you can use, but it still does the job.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.