Games where I can play as a Landsknecht?

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Games where I can play as a Landsknecht?

• This topic has 39 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Any games where I can play as a Landsknecht?

Anonymous

Vermintide 1-2.

Anonymous

Vermintide pretty much, or any Warhammer Fantasy RTS if you’re also fine with controlling units of them.
      If there’s other games with playable Landsknecht I’d love to hear it.

Anonymous

Maybe Battle Brothers? You can build your own mercenary company

Anonymous

Shame about the end game.

Anonymous

>Maybe Battle Brothers?
          This game is Windows 7 control panel with medieval theme icons, why would anyone play it?

Anonymous

>Windows 7 control panel with medieval theme icons
            I like to manage my party, planing trade routes and deciding if a contract is worth it. And the battles play out more like a board game than a control panel

Anonymous

I know it’s not the same but maybe a MP WWII game or Arma mod? The Waffen-SS had many Landsknecht songs.

Anonymous

They’re a unit in that Polish spin off of Mount and Blade

Anonymous

Once the Old World Warhammer Fantasy mod comes out for Bannerlord you can go into huge battles looking exactly like that.

Anonymous

>Bannerlord
        Is it even getting updates? I haven´t heard about it in a while

Anonymous

You kidding? It’s been getting weekly updates since it was released. 1.6.1 stable released just the other day. Many of the total conversion mods are nearing beta already as well.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-old-world

Anonymous

The effort they’re putting into it is astounding.

Anonymous

>Many of the total conversion mods are nearing beta already as well.
            didn´t every update break the mods each time it was released? What about the gameplay, did they upgraded faction mechanics? I heard those were pretty bad
            I should check it again to see if it´s worth to buy

Anonymous

Everything has been upgraded. There’s still lots of things that need fixing and many more things coming. Game is fully playable though and some large mods like Eagle Rising are already out and update both with every big patch and for the ongoing beta version.

Multiplayer gets changed so often that the autists who only play it for that keep having meltdowns though. I wouldn’t touch MP anyway so who gives a shit about them.

Anonymous

Thanks, anon, I might take a look at it later
                >the autists who only play it for that keep having meltdowns though
                gently caress them

Shame about the end game.

wdym?

Anonymous

>Many of the total conversion mods are nearing beta already as well.
            Could you name a couple? I’ve been avoiding playing Bannerlord since the first couple of months of its release so I won’t burn out. But since I read their blog about future plans it’s been hard not to dive right in. I’m countering it by playing Corsairs 2 and 3 mods instead since it’s basically naval mount&blade

Anonymous

Eagle Rising is already out. See pic.
              Old World is so far along the devs can play it and record video. Bannerlord Online already works and lets you play the game co-op real time with a friend.
              In the Name of Jerusalem II will probably be one of the first total conversions to release considering how fast they’re working.

Anonymous

Thanks I’ll check those out.
                Nothing like Pendor is on the radar? I like low fantasy with good world building.
                >Bannerlord Online
                What, really?! It’s not like that warband mod where you can only join the fights and actually let’s you play with a friend as two separate characters on the map? If so I must nag my friend to try it.

Anonymous

>What, really?! It’s not like that warband mod where you can only join the fights and actually let’s you play with a friend as two separate characters on the map?

As they say:
                  >Every squad, battle, bandit hideouts and other events are fully synchronized.
                  >Time doesn’t stop during battles – move around the world, visit cities, trade and fight in the arena while other players participate in battles.
                  >Join existing battles to turn the tide of battle.

Games and fiction works are required to be historically accurate? are you a retard?

gently caress off revisionist, don’t want to hear your lame excuses today.

Anonymous

I checked Online and seems like shit. I don’t want MMO I want just a private coop campaign. Dug a little deeper and there IS a Coop mod just as I want but it’s too early in development. Well I waited a year and half can wait some more. Maybe in a couple of months there will be some progress.

Waiting game never ends does it?

Anonymous

Is someone actually working on one? Last I heard, big overhaul mods for Bannerlord were a massive pain.

Anonymous

dark souls 2 has zweihanders (straight blade and flamberge), halberds, pikes, arming swords, and crossbows

Anonymous

>dark souls 2
        DS series lacking of flamboyance and gayness Landsknechts had.

Lchts are epitome of the "gay daddy knight" with all their flamboyant design.

Anonymous

I got Vermintide 1-2 exactly because you can play as Landsknecht.
      it’s so gently caressing amazing. it also includes all weapons they used

Anonymous

I really wish I can equip that beard when playing as grail knight. One job, FatAss.

Anonymous

mordhau

Anonymous

>woman
        1. Never happened historically.
        2. Makes the codpiece seem stupid and vulgar instead of funny.

What a shit decision. Is Mordhau REALLY that far gone?

Anonymous

it’s not a woman, it’s just a faggy looking man

Anonymous

There is NO WAY that is a man.

Anonymous

women aren’t in the game yet, it’s just concept art
          the actual landsknecht set looks a bit different

Anonymous

Games and fiction works are required to be historically accurate? are you a retard?

Anonymous

yes because I don’t like seeing women being hacked to pieces like these brain-dead devs who cater to woman hating feminists

Anonymous

speak english faggot

Anonymous

Tree of Savior

Anonymous

Mordhau. You can even play as noble-ogre-landsknecht.

Anonymous
        Anonymous
      Anonymous

Warband Renaissance mod

Anonymous
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.