Link the fire

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Link the fire

• This topic has 109 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Link the fire

Anonymous

No fuck you snake garden gnome

Anonymous

Don’t link the fire

Anonymous

>Gwyn was great, go kill his friends

>Gwyn was bad, go kill his friends
        For fuck’s sake, I just want to grill

Anonymous

Don’t link the fire

MY SIDES

Anonymous

I like the cut of this guy’s jib.

Anonymous

Reasonable counterargument
        I’m with you

Anonymous

Gee Dark Souls, how come your Yggdrasil gets TWO Nidhoggs?

Anonymous

I did both

Anonymous

I’m just gonna chill with Seath and try to discover the secret to immortality

Anonymous

if you invade you should link the fire

Anonymous

what does that mean retard
      speak english

Anonymous

No

Anonymous

>Enlist some douche to link the fire
      >He succeeds!?
      >Rebuild Anor Londo
      >Fuck Priscilla
      >Have half dragon baby
      >New king of the gods
      >AllSmiles.jpg
      >Some other douchebag shows up
      >launches a coup
      >Am now being fed to sludge
      Poor Gwyndolin. Guy had a roller coaster of a life.

Anonymous

Based fellow Priscilldolin shipper. I do say it’s the only reasonable explanation for Yorshka’s existence and Aldrich’s position of the Life Hunt miracle.

Anonymous

It really is. The very idea that Yorshka actually is Gwyn’s secret dragon lovechild or that Priscilla is somehow Gwyndolin’s daughter is fucking retarded.

Anonymous

>Gwyn’s secret dragon lovechild
            That’s really fucking stupid. I mean I could see maybe Nameless King’s daughter since he’s a dragon fag, but not Gwyn’s.

Anonymous

>>Fuck Priscilla

Anonymous

>DS4 happens
      >Age of Dark/Man is ending and something new will be born
      How would it go?

Anonymous

Wasn’t there DS3 DLC that showed the end of the world? Where the fire is finally dead and time and space gets so fucked that all of the civilizations that had ever existed throughout the cycles are crushed together into a decaying mass?

Anonymous

the DaS opening cinematic, the hollows would find the souls of lords and the gods would be reborn once again

Anonymous

the end of fire ending to DaS3 is just too kino to not do every time

Anonymous

I just want to settle down with a serpent wife, dammit

Anonymous

Still pisses me off that the series ended with a namedrop

Anonymous

Why? Because a shitty Ganker meme convinced you it’s bad? Did you think the dark soul was just a metaphor or something even though you’ve been seeing it all of the first game?

Anonymous

If humans were always of the dark soul then what was the flame that made them gods

Anonymous

Light

Anonymous

Not him, but I just thought it was fucking lame. All that build up for that piece of shit nonending?

Anonymous

>piece of shit nonending
            come on it was a good fight
            but now I’m all alone 🙁

Anonymous

You think it’s lame because you’re raised on shitty cape films where everything is bombastic and overly explained without a hint of subtlety.
            You’re fighting just another traveler like yourself at the ass end of time and space, this guy’s so obsessed with one singular goal that probably wasn’t even a big deal at first but consumed his entire being. He’s literally seeking "humanity" and turned into a tunnel-visioned beast. During his fight with you, he realizes he had the dark soul/humanity within him.

>BROOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE TRULY WERE THE DARK SOULS III: THE RINGED CITY
            I do not recall a Ganker meme for that, but I dunno dude, you tell me why it doesn’t sound silly, because hearing a title drop generally doesn’t fit too well for a conclusion of a series

>I do not recall a Ganker meme for that,
            you literally just wrote it:
            >WE TRULY WERE THE DARK SOULS III: THE RINGED CITY
            Are you high?
            >because hearing a title drop generally doesn’t fit too well for a conclusion of a series
            The name of the series is dark souls. It’s a tangible thing that turned hollows into human beings. Linking the fire is burning humanity to prolong the age of fire.
            If you’re upset at a "title drop" you may as well be upset that the dark soul exists in universe.

Anonymous

So title drops are a Ganker meme? Or is it just your definition?
              >The name of the series is dark souls. It’s a tangible thing that turned hollows into human beings. Linking the fire is burning humanity to prolong the age of fire.
              Most knows that, and a lot of games don’t title drop because it makes the game less serious. Go anywhere else and you’ll hear someone saying that the series should’ve ended without a title drop. It makes it less climatic because some old man with a Santa hat spilled the title.

Anonymous

>So title drops are a Ganker meme? Or is it just your definition?
                Are you being retarded on purpose?
                > and a lot of games don’t title drop because it makes the game less serious.
                It doesn’t unless you’re a childish retard who thinks in memes and anything that reminds them of a stupid meme turns their brain off. Those people aren’t worth thinking about.

Anonymous

>You think it’s lame because you’re raised on shitty cape films where everything is bombastic and overly explained without a hint of subtlety.
              You’re a pretentious twat

Anonymous

>BROOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE TRULY WERE THE DARK SOULS III: THE RINGED CITY
          I do not recall a Ganker meme for that, but I dunno dude, you tell me why it doesn’t sound silly, because hearing a title drop generally doesn’t fit too well for a conclusion of a series

Anonymous

>Title drops
          >Ganker meme
          Is this what being a zoomer is like?

Anonymous

Never been to those threads of people making up ridiculous Title drops like "I GUESS THIS REALLY WAS THE TALES OF THE ARISE"? Or are you just pretending to be new?

Anonymous

and a fine Dark Souls™ to you sir

Anonymous

>Hand it over. That thing, your DARK SOULS III™ Deluxe Edition

Anonymous

>hand it over
        >that thing
        >your Dark Souls 3™ GOTY The Fire Fades Edition

Anonymous

kek

Anonymous

>You did it, you finally became the Dark Soul
        What were they THINKING?!

Anonymous

That the true Dark Soul was the friends we made along the way

Anonymous

>Maybe the real Dark Souls™ were the friends we made along the way…
        Really Fromsoft?

Anonymous

fire the link

Anonymous

>Getting mad that dark souls 3 is a direct sequel and uses locations and characters from a past game.
      >Getting mad that the game addresses the title of the game at all instead of the title being completely unrelated nonsense.
      I’m glad this series is successful but on the flip side it attracts the most tryhard retards desperately looking for flimsy shit to bitch about so they can feel like a critic.

Anonymous

What are they? Baby primordial serpents?

Anonymous

Probably lab experiments to create copies of Sinh. The experiments were not providing the intended results.

Anonymous

Yeah that’s the general consensus for the imperfect but they share a lot of similarities to them that I have been wondering if "Primordial Serpent/Soulfeeder" are the result of a similar experiment.

What are they? Baby primordial serpents?

There is way more DS2 in DS3 than you realize
          or DS1 in DS2 for that matter

Anonymous

>There is way more DS2 in DS3 than you realize
            On that note I think all three games have "humanity" in them in some fashion.
            Dark souls 1 obviously. Hollows become human with humanity.
            Dark souls 2 I think want = humanity. To be human is to desire. To be without desire is to be empty, or hollow.
            Dark souls 3 just comes out and calls it the dark soul.
            Seems like they didn’t want to just call it humanity for all three games and progressively got more vague or subtle.

Anonymous

Sub-80 iq brainlets are too retarded to realize that DS2 is as direct a sequel as direct sequels can be. The whole POINT of the game is that you’re in some random cycle, stuck in the cycle, and nothing can change it. You can see how, since the last time the fire was linked, the lord souls were found, kingdoms were raised, wars were fought, powerful people experimented with immortality/breaking the cycle, and now you’re here, at the end of the age, to start a new age. Whether you actually link the flame or not is irrelevant, another undead inevitably will when you fail to, and the cycle will repeat again. You are stuck in Samsara. There is no escape.

FROM listened to the whining sub80iq retards who couldn’t understand DS2s story so they made some completely incoherent "uhhh…the endless cycles are permanently ending, uhhh, but also you can light the flame again…uhh but you can also let it die…but uh then the flames will come back later anyway…or uh…yea or you can take control of the flame ??????? i dunno man buy my dumb shit"

Anonymous

>The whole POINT of the game is that you’re in some random cycle, stuck in the cycle, and nothing can change it.
              There was that one anon who likened all of dark souls 2 to an underworld/mirror world. Basically after the opening cinematic you arrive in a REFLECTION of the dark souls universe. It’s a dreamy mishmash of locations that reflect places that once were.
              He explained it really well, wish I saved his posts.

Anonymous

That was a pretty stupid post you made toward the end there, anon. Dark Souls 3 has a very solid and coherent theme and narrative. Think of it like insomnia. The world needs rest, and like a person who refuses to turn off the lights and recover in the dark, the world gets weaker and it starts hallucinating, time is harder to keep track of and there are lapses in memory. The world has been without balance for far too long.

Anonymous

The "theme" is fine, the actual story makes no damn sense in Dark Souls lore.

Anonymous

>the actual story makes no damn sense in Dark Souls lore.
                  It’s really fucking vague as shit but I’d argue dark souls 2 is way worse on that front.

Anonymous

>Ds2
        Non Canon and zero lore

Anonymous

>Non Canon
          False. Earthen Peak returns in last DS3 DLC.

>zero lore
          Visit Sinner’s Rise

Anonymous

>Core chunk of the game involves experiments at recreating dragons
        >Find imperfect dragon forms in some quarantined cave area

WhAt ArE tHeY

Anonymous

I know how they were made. I am trying to learn more about the Primordial Serpents origin. You are pointing the obvious, the whole thing with darks souls or From games is that things always have an obvious meaning and multiple layers under it.

Anonymous

picrel evolved a mouth
        elana made them from picrel due to color + manus teeth
        drakeblood kniggas transmorphed into these

Anonymous

what does it mean?

Anonymous

Locusts are Abyss beings pretending to be neutral Dark beings, and as such can’t help but botch hiding their Aldritch-like nature.

Anonymous

There’s a difference between the dark and the abyss?

Anonymous

Dark is the neutral form, Abyss is what happens when you basically abuse it and piss it off, like what happened to Manus. It’s like how the Witch of Izalith messed with her Lord Soul and unintentionally created the Chaos Flame.

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous
      Anonymous

man or woman

Anonymous

Why were there statues of the Snake garden gnomes in Ds3?
      What ended up happening to them?

Anonymous

we got robbed of a perfect final boss, that’s what happened

Anonymous

That’s what I feel like too
          I remember when I heard the Ringed city was coming out I thought the eternal Snake garden gnome was finally gonna be a boss fight

Anonymous

I’ll take Gael over "muahahaha it is I, the true evil mastermind behind it all, now I will monologue to you about it!" any fucking day. Having the serpents be the final bosses would make no fucking sense. They’re manipulators trying to accomplish something. All I’m bitter about is not knowing what exactly they were trying to accomplish, given the nature of the world.

Anonymous

Why the fuck would he monologue some random ash that fell into his hole. They’ve never met you. It should have just been Kaathe and Frampt poking out, nonhostile, and you can choose to buy into their shit and walk away or fuck them up for a final glorious optional battle

Anonymous

Why would they fight you when they could just do the same thing as before and run away to manipulate people from the shadows into doing it for them? That’s literally what they’ve been doing the whole time. Hell, we even call them "snake garden gnomes". They don’t fight their own battles.

Anonymous

Except you’d be finding them at the end of the world, where everything is collapsing around them. How when you get to Filianore’s church, Kaathe’s head is poking out blocking you from going up to the egg, and talking to him just prompts him to keep spitting shit to convince you to go away.

Anonymous

Okay so what would their purpose be in that? If it’s the end of the world they’ve gotten what they want, no?

Anonymous

Because the rest of the world is in shambles, and the ringed city is still the last bastion for any sort of reasonable existence, so he doesnt want you to destroy it? It would have been one hell of an "Oh shit" moment when you touch the egg after willingly choosing to kill them and the world just crumbles to ash.

Anonymous

The serpents represent Nidhogg gnawing at the roots of Yggdrasil. The entire world is supported in the "world tree" so these serpents likely mean to end it.
                      As of dark souls 3 it’s apparent both of their methods eventually lead to the "end". There’s nothing left for them to do but see it out.

Anonymous

>There’s nothing left for them to do but see it out.
                        Okay but is your "purpose" not to stop that? I find it hard to believe if the Ash came swinging at them they wouldn’t put up a fight, even just for the shits and giggles.

Anonymous

>Okay but is your "purpose" not to stop that?
                        Is it? No matter what you do at the first flame, an end will come. Maybe not immediately (linking) but it will eventually, their plans are in motion and will arrive at the same place. The end is inevitable and the message is to not fear the coming end.

Anonymous

Man you’re thinking way too hard about this. I just want to kill the yiddserpents. The entire fanbase knows this shit is all their fault, it’s not some big secret. Does Miyazaki just think we’re too retarded to get it or was his last movie just a desperate attempt to make it more ambiguous

Anonymous

move*

Anonymous

Gael was a kino end to the series. Two broken people just duking it out during the end of the world.

Anonymous

Agreed. Also it’s thematically appropriate.
              Dark souls 1 ended with a hollowed Gwyn fight, a broken shell of the man he once was where you realize Gods were once hollows too, there’s no difference between Gods and Humans.
              Dark souls 2 ended with Aldia, much the same he’s an abomination of a former human who has seemingly given up or sees no solution.

Anonymous

>LINK THE FIRE PETRA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA COME ON PETRA HAHAHAHAHA HOW STOOPID ARE YOU ALL YOU HAVE TO DO BEAT THE GUY AND TOUCH THE BONFIRE PETRA HAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous

>Need to constantly kill people to keep the world, particularly fire, going
      >Occasionally even a king has to burn
      Is Dark Souls secretly Mesoamerican?

Anonymous

Dark Souls is basically "what if the world works based on metaphors and all those legends and folklore about how the world works is ACTUALLY how it works?"
        All it’s missing is a guy in a chariot literally pulling the sun into the sky.
        There’s probably no such thing as space in the Souls universe.

Anonymous

Gael in a nutshell.

Anonymous

I hope every single person who thinks about the series this way suffers a horrible painful death.

This is edgy 14 year old "MUH NIHILISM IS SO KEWL". No you fucking retards, nihilism isn’t cool, stories having no meaning or purpose isn’t cool or interesting. The problem with DS3 is the writers couldn’t figure out what the fuck they wanted to do with the story, so they did everything, made it incoherent as fuck, and hoped that’d work well enough for the fans. They literally made a huge deal about this being the very last cycle, except you can just link the flame again and start a new cycle. You can let the flame die, but the firekeeper tells you eventually the flames will come back anyway. You can take the flame inside yourself, which conveniently is left completely unexplained. And finally, you can give the dark soul to some painter who’ll make another pocket world.

What the fuck is this shit

Anonymous

>TLDR

Anonymous

Dark Souls 3 is about how everyone prior messed up so hard that the final generation is screwed, and if you don’t think the Dark in a neutral state could ever be healthy, then the universe is fucked. Heck, what the Firekeeper sees as embers might just be the Painter’s painting getting burned up.

Anonymous

>. They literally made a huge deal about this being the very last cycle, except you can just link the flame again and start a new cycle.
          Yeah because that worked so well for the guy in the last cycle right?
          Did you completely miss the fact every single cycle is weaker and shorter than the last, and the world is literally curling up in itself desperate for more kindling?
          >You can let the flame die, but the firekeeper tells you eventually the flames will come back anyway
          Exactly. The age of dark isn’t the end, the dark is nothing to fear. When you go to sleep, you will wake up again. The light will return.
          >What the fuck is this shit
          Way over your head, apparently.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.