>Meleefags will defend this

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >Meleefags will defend this

• This topic has 156 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by saucy.
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>Meleefags will defend this

Anonymous

actually no, that’s why its banned

Anonymous

HUURRRR IT’S NOT A BUG, IT"S A FEATURE

Anonymous

Just like that wave-dashing cancer?

Anonymous

home come no one complains about movement tech in other fighters but in smash it’s a big nono

Anonymous

general nintendo dicksucking and idol worshiping

Anonymous

Fuck korean backdashing in Tekken

Anonymous

Most "tech" in melee is actually a glitch and no I’m not referring to a regular wavedash but more things like koopabackdash waveslides or Samus’ Super wavedash

Anonymous

and?

Anonymous

And what? I’m answering his question.

Anonymous

being unintentional makes it no less of a piece of movement tech

Anonymous

And that’s exactly why people have a problem with it. It’s not tech.

Anonymous

wrong, it is tech

Anonymous

Have you ever heard about Street fighter II and its legacy retard?

Anonymous

Not him but a glitch turning into a mechanic mid development isn’t the same as a glitch going unnoticed until several years later.

Anonymous

I see you have never been in a tekken thread.

Anonymous

wave-dashing is an feature, sakurai himself said it

Anonymous

home come no one complains about movement tech in other fighters but in smash it’s a big nono

general nintendo dicksucking and idol worshiping

Fuck korean backdashing in Tekken

Wavedashing was something Sakurai decided for Melee. Just like how L-Cancelling/Z-Cancelling wasn’t a "bug" and was an intentional feature, Sakurai put it in an official website for Smash 64 way before Melee even existed. These things were not accidents, they were implemented on purpose. Sakura in a Nintendo Power interview said they noticed wavedashing and made a conscious effort not to remove it, he also said they made another conscious effort to remove wavedashing from Brawl. These aren’t bugs or accidents.
          Source: Sakurai’s interview from nintendo power v228.
          Also, Sakurai himself was actually wavedashing all the way back in 2002.
          https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return583.html

It’s funny because a billion years later, zoomzooms are still seething over Smellee. Even with all the newer graphics, character reveal hype, Smellee lives on due to pure fun unrestricted gameplay. And now it has even better netcode than the other Smash games, it’s really unfair.

Anonymous

>better netcode
            And less character variety
            I do not want to fight the same fucking falcos ad infinitum, I will avoid slippi (and thus melee) for this reason alone

Anonymous

>zoomzooms seething
            Melee is only alive because of the dockids riding the melee gods cocks. If mango decided to stop playing the whole scene would get noticeably less exposure. Just take the tournament and smash con this weekend for example does anyone care about the melee one where fucking ginger is the favor to win it?

Anonymous

Would anyone care about Ultimate if it didn’t have Leo, Esoy, Void, etc all playing? Top players make the tournament more high profile. Of course nobody’s gonna fucking care if a guy who drops sets to n0ne’s ganon secondary is the top dog.

Anonymous

I watch smash tournaments to see Luigi win. Don’t care who’s playing as him.

Anonymous

Damn I guess you haven’t watched anything besides shitters in pools play then, huh

Anonymous

Ultimates top players have significantly less cockriders than the melee top players and have a much greater chance of being upset so it’s interesting if they lose to randoms. Melee doesn’t get interesting until top 8 at super majors because all the shitters are boring as fuck and all play fox, Marth, or falco.

Anonymous

>Ultimates top players have significantly less cockriders than the melee top players
                  All of the top ultimate personalities have 120k+ followers on twitch and the only melee players to have numbers like that are mango, who’s been around forever, and hbox, who streams ultimate.

>have a much greater chance of being upset so it’s interesting if they lose to randoms
                  Zain is more likely to lose in an upset than Leo is.

Anonymous

>Ultimates top players have significantly less cockriders than the melee top players
                  What other game can you fuck a 15 year old as a 20 year old, admit to it, apologize, come back 6 months later and say you were just kidding and you didn’t actually do it and were raped, and have twitterfaggos defend you and call for your unban

Anonymous

>and have a much greater chance of being upset

Anonymous

>Ultimates top players have significantly less cockriders
                  Sounds like someone hasn’t paid attention to the allegations!

Anonymous

>airdodging into the ground diagonally
          >cancer
          (You)

saucy

how come this only works on half the cast

why don’t people ever mention that when bringing it up

Anonymous

It works on everyone.

saucy

It works on all characters that have space for it to work.

Anonymous

Which is every character

saucy

oh my god we have this argument all the time, wobbling is literally banned because it works with like maybe 12 characters out of the roster competitively, even in doubles you wind up trying to wobble/wombo combo because it looks cool, but you can’t reliably do it unless you gang up on the sole player.

Anonymous

You’re just wrong, there is no argument to be had.

saucy

wobbling works on every character

There are literally no instances of wobbling being executed persistently in melee

It’s banned because it’s inconsistent, not because it’s an infinite

Anonymous

>It’s banned because it’s inconsistent
                    why would you ban a technique that is inconsistent and doesnt work half the time

saucy

That’s right here

>Opponents of a ban claim that Wobbling is a legitimate tactic, acting no different from other zero-to-death combos, such as Fox’s shine spike at the edge, Marth’s back throw to down tilt edgeguard on the space animals, and Jigglypuff’s up throw to Rest combo on the space animals. As Wobbling itself requires falling into the Ice Climbers’ below-average grab range, they argue that consistently being Wobbled or losing matches solely to Wobbling also reflects poor fundamental play and matchup experience. Opponents of the ban also argue that Wobbling compensates for the many weaknesses that the Ice Climbers have at top-level play, such as their poor aerial combat, and that all characters, Ice Climbers included, should be allowed to have as many advantages as possible to succeed. They point out that Wobbling can allow for upsets to occur in tournaments, and improves character diversity at top-level play (for example, by improving Peach’s tournament viability, as she is considered the hardest counter to the Ice Climbers). At EVO 2013, for instance, Wobbles defeated several top-level players en route to a second-place finish, including Lord, Shroomed, PPMD, Hungrybox, and Mango.

Anonymous

Should we ban jiggly’s up throw into rest? I mean it IS inconsistent after all.

saucy

I don’t know, I’m literally just responding to anon’s incredible argument that the move works 100% of the time on everyone.

Anonymous

Yeah we both know that’s not what he meant. Pretty sure he was poking fun at you for not knowing why Wobbling is banned.

saucy

That doesn’t make it credulous, I think.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

nice reading comprehension fuckwit. peach is considered to be the icies counter because… get this… she can float above grab range. icies can wobble her and every other character just fine, consistently and infinitely (competitive play has a made-up rule where you can’t wobble beyond 300%) so long as they first get the grab (which peach avoids fairly well). have you ever played a single installment of smash bros?

saucy

But you do submit that it was banned due to consistency issues and driving fans away

Anonymous

banned for being too consistent

saucy

It clearly says in its defense, people who get hit by it are bad. If you’re wobbled twice in a match, you must be bad, that’s what it says. It clearly says that. It clearly states the problem with the move is consistency.

Anonymous

ice climbers are inconsistent, not wobbling

Anonymous

top players have lost at majors many times throughout the game’s entire lifespan because of wobbling.
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jhVJYites

saucy

CORRECT

Anonymous

yes, the biggest complaint was that fans hated it, and many comp players hated it too. I concede that was one of the most significant factors leading to its ban.
                        I won’t concede that it’s inconsistent because it isn’t. The outcome of fighting games is inconsistent, sure, and good players won’t always achieve their win condition, but wobbling works like this:

an opponent is grabbed, and they’re put into the "grabbed" state. like all grabs, they can mash out if the grabber doesn’t throw them quickly enough. however, since just one ice climber is actually grabbing, the other ice climber can ftilt the opponent. being hit with this ftilt doesn’t cause enough knockback for them to be hit away and out of the grab, but it does have the quirk of resetting the "grab time" which has to be mashed out of. therefore, by desyncing the ice climbers to pummel (popo) and ftilt (nana) while the opponent is grabbed, they can be permanently stuck until the opponent decides to stop wobbling (which is just a rhythmic tapping of the A button. It isn’t even strict timing).

the act of wobbling is consistent on all characters.

saucy

You don’t concede that people who dislike the move vary in playstyle and character want it banned, but you concede that players who vary in playstyle and character wanted it banned.

Anonymous

sorry bud, I can’t decode this level of autism. gonna tap out here, hopefully I was of help

saucy

wow thanks bud

Anonymous

read what you wrote and think for a moment if someone less autistic than you might understand your retardation. oh, and just a heads up that you ticked off your 2020 mathematicianmoot pass which you love flaunting, dumbass.

saucy

There you go again, there you fucking go again thinking that dehumanizing a person is a way to win an argument.

Anonymous

you dehumanize yourself by posting with a name

saucy

Good to know man. Great, tell me more about the autistic retards and how they have a lack of emotion. Alexithymia.

Anonymous

That guy was to gone dood.
                        You’re lucky you he didn’t start throwing other video games into the argument.

Anonymous

no shit the namefag is so stupid he doesnt know how wobbling works and makes 20 posts about it anyway
                        newsflash retard wobbling works on every character, character size doesn’t affect hitting them with two ice climbers at the same time

saucy

The fucking move works in training mode so it’s fine

Anonymous

ice climbers are inconsistent, wobbling is not

Anonymous

Never reply to namefags, they are retarded and their posts are worth nothing.

Anonymous

Anonymous

>oh my god we have this argument all the time
                Maybe it’s because you’re wrong? Just a thought

saucy

we’d have to disagree for there to be an argument

plus the facts are right there on the wiki

Anonymous

We are both wrong. Wobbling doesn’t work in Dittos, but it works on everybody else.

Here is the proof from the wiki

Anonymous

*edits the wiki*
                      heh nothin personell kid

Anonymous

I am not that pedantic. However if I can prove someone who didn’t even bother to do a 5 second search by doing a 5 second search myself… Okay maybe I am a little.

Yeah but the final paragraph clearly states doubles wobbling is harder to do

Not what people were saying to you, but whatever. Congrat on moving the goalpost to be right I guess.

saucy

That is what he was saying, he said the glitch works on everyone. I clearly indicated that it didn’t work all the time. He said it works on everyone again, I said it was primarily banned because of its inconsistency, he said it works on everyone a third time. I spoke out against it again and he only deferred and deflected saying I was prematurely divisive about the move only working on specific characters.

Anonymous

>I clearly indicated that it didn’t work all the time.
                        >how come this only works on half the cast
                        Yeah…we don’t have the same definition on "Clearly".

>I said it was primarily banned because of its inconsistency
                        I assume you meant double in this case, which is true. But otherwise, it’s literally doable on the whole cast, with the exception of another Ice climber.

>There are literally no instances of wobbling being executed persistently in melee.
                        Hum, do you even know why the move is banned?

>It’s banned because it’s inconsistent
                        Hum, no. On the contrary. The character is subpar at best and Wobbling is what made it viable.

>not because it’s an infinite
                        I already posted the pic. The wiki literally starts with "Wobbling is an infinite combo" You are full of shit. I should have listened to the two anon that said not to respond to namefags.

saucy

Yeah but the final paragraph clearly states doubles wobbling is harder to do

Anonymous

anyone got kino clips for matches on pokemon stadium?

Anonymous

Just don’t get grabbed bro

Anonymous

>WOBBLING IS A BAG
      >starts wave dashing

Anonymous

I don’t know why they can’t make a newer Smash game with crisp, precise controls and good movement options like melee. It doesn’t have to be wavedashing, just some kind of interesting universal movement options like many fighting games have. That’s really the core reason why people keep playing melee.
      Ultimate might be the worst game in this regard, yes even worse than Brawl or 4 because the ridiculous input buffer. The buffer system is one of the biggest reasons top level play hardly sees any cool combos except loops with the same move. Anything more precise will almost always be dropped because the game thinks you’re trying to do something else. The buffer system is genuinely so bad it actually pushed some people back to melee.

Anonymous

>just some kind of interesting universal movement options like many fighting games have

smash has that, it’s called a roll

Anonymous

Rolling is easily countered and you can’t control distance or act out of it.

Anonymous

>Rolling is easily countered
            Not if you trick your opponent and roll where they won’t expect you to roll.

>you can’t control distance
            Sure you can:
            >roll away for more distance
            >roll in for less distance
            >spotdodge for no change

>act out of it
            You can quickly do a jab or tilt right after it ends, or jump out of the way before you get attacked.

Anonymous

Rolling is shit, slow, and easily punished. It was only good in Smash 4. Why do you think some of the first advice people trying to get into competitive Melee and Ultimate are always given is "roll less"

Anonymous

I can’t wait for ultimate modding to become a huge thing. It’s already got so much shit, it’s the perfect base for a new project M. One day

Anonymous

>I don’t know why they can’t make a newer Smash game with crisp, precise controls and good movement options
        They have it’s ca-
        >like melee
        Fuck no, melee’s controls aren’t "crisp" by any stretch of the imagination. Hell they’re literally broken.

Anonymous

>Ultimate might be the worst game in this regard, yes even worse than Brawl or 4 because the ridiculous input buffer. The buffer system is one of the biggest reasons top level play hardly sees any cool combos except loops with the same move. Anything more precise will almost always be dropped because the game thinks you’re trying to do something else. The buffer system is genuinely so bad it actually pushed some people back to melee.
        Are you genuinely retarded? Ultimate’s buffer system is only different than Brawl and 4’s because it saves the input if you’re holding your buttons. Besides that, Brawl and 4 had a 10 frame buffer window and Ultimate has a 9 frame buffer window.

Anonymous

the reason the buffer is that shitty in ultimate is because ultimate also has the highest input lag of all smash titles

Anonymous

The inherent input lag is literally about the same as Smash 4, which also had like 6 or 7 frames of input lag if I’m remembering correctly.

Anonymous

Hold buffering is fucking retarded and makes it significantly worse. Doesn’t matter if the normal buffer is comparing 9 to 10 frames because a normal game’s frame buffering is no greater than fucking 2 anyway.

Anonymous

They literally banned it.

Now. Search for #CHAN for doubles.

Anonymous

>tfw keep missing doubles Gankereekends

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Is this the same seethe that’s powering the Spongebob fighting game shill campaign right now?

Anonymous

The scene turned its backs on Quebec smash and Ally, so it only makes sense that they’d turn their back on the rest of the scene.

Anonymous

wait what? i get ally, but why quebec smash?

Anonymous

Ally is quebec smash and the west coast smash scene knows it

Anonymous

Ally’s a pedo and also intentionally dropped sets so his 13 year old boyfriend could feel better about being shit at the game, kys

Anonymous

We’ve got the language bill to deal with you fucks now.

Anonymous

>Pedo
            Kys, you can’t even get your facts straight

Anonymous

Don’t get grabbed idiot

Anonymous

I don’t play or care for Melee, but I’ll defend it. Ice Climbers were my main back then so I support anything and everything they do.

Anonymous

based. Ice Climbers were like 8th in the game with Wobbling, they were just gutted.

Anonymous

>Smashfags cry about wobbling to the point it’s banned despite IC’s not even being the best characters or winning majors consistently
          >Meanwhile MvC chads lived through Zero loops, Dark Phoenix, Iron man infinite, Vergil, and the entirety of MvC2 Sent/Mag/Storm/Cable
          Why are Smash players such casuals?

Anonymous

>Lived through
            That implies MvC isn’t dead as fuck like Turd Strike and all other retro fighting games FGCdiverse folk love to prop up

Anonymous

Those games got sequels that did actual justice to the previous games (Barring MvCi) so the playerbase just moved on.
              Brawl was a complete shitshow gameplay-wise compared to Melee and Sakurai will never make another Smash game like it.

Anonymous

wobbling is so braindead easy that it basically kills low to mid level play where people dont grind out how to not get grabbed
            whereas getting infinited/ToD’d IS what mahvel is all about, everyone plays the game for that very reason

it would be like if Zero’s loops were the one and only ToD in the game, no one else had that damage, no infintes TAC or otherwise, and no x-factor

Anonymous

Anyone want to play melee? It’s been a whlie : trap#930

Anonymous

Give me a bit to grab my stuff and I’ll find my connect code

Anonymous

#FRAG266

Anonymous

searching

Anonymous

ggs

Anonymous

You killed me pretty hard, sorry if I wasn’t giving you the most enjoyable games there.

Anonymous

#FRAG266

Alright well you havenโ€™t shown up, so just (you) me if you see it later, the # goes between the name and numbers as usual, just screwed out up.

Anonymous

[…]

based

Anonymous

Reminder that meleefags were the ones pushing for hero to be banned back when he released too. NEVER listen to a meleemelanoid

Anonymous

its banned doe

Anonymous

[…]

Wobblers are all talentless faggots and it’s a shame that such a brainless technique has held the character’s meta development back by 10 years. Although admittedly I will miss shit like this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Asmu6s9SQI

Anonymous

>talentless
        If it’s so talentless then just don’t get caught aHAhaHAhaHAHAHA

Anonymous

nah I think I’ll just enjoy it being banned in my region instead kek
          Just learn how to do handoffs retard, the end result off of a grab is the same.

Anonymous

play my yoshi
      AAAA#900 (NA mid-west)

Anonymous

how?

Anonymous

go to direct, type in my code, tell me your code

Anonymous

Assuming you don’t know what Slippi is.

>slippi.gg
          >Got to Direct Play
          >Type in code and share your code in the thread
          >play

Anonymous

go to direct, type in my code, tell me your code

>have to install, set-up and configure dolphin
            >have to get a bios
            >have to get a controller working with dolphin
            >have to install slippi
            >have to set up netplay
            >have to get a copy of melee for the iso
            literally impossible

Anonymous

… what was the point of this?

Anonymous

have a nice day.

Anonymous

They wouldn’t though, wobbling has been banned for like a couple years now.

Anonymous

[…]

This

Anonymous

How many tournament did Ice Climbers even win before wobbling was banned?
      If you were to exclude locals, I imagine the number of notable tournaments won by ICs was less than 10

Anonymous

according to Liquipedia, the one and only major tournament won by ICs was Pound 2 in 2007

Anonymous

If you’re just going by this logic and are allowing the absolute epitome of lame play then why not just get rid of wobbling percent limits and the freeze glitch ban too? Ice climbers gets a grab or a freeze glitch on you while you’re even or ahead in stocks and they automatically win the game.

Anonymous

Adapt your playstyle lmao, sounds like a you problem

Anonymous

>Adapt your playstyle lmao

Anonymous

Besides the one the other dude mentioned, the largest I remember is Battle of BC 2, where Chudat took it over Mew2King and Prince Abu, notably.

Anonymous

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtsyHonestKimchiRlyTho
      Reminder Nintendofaggots relentlessly pooping on Melee pay $70 a year to participate in this.

Anonymous

wobbling bans have always been to appease mid-level shitters. The ICs were never relevant enough to warrant it no matter how you look at it

Anonymous

No I won’t. That shit’s banned anyway LMAO

Anonymous

Melee bait threads always have a suspiciously low amount of posters and are always comparing to ultimate. Pretty safe to assume meleefags are the schizophrenics here

Anonymous

NanaBros, we can’t stop winning!

Anonymous

Nana is STUPID!

Anonymous

anyone still playing?
      #EATM627
      BE WARNED im kinda shit

Anonymous

ANON#881

Anonymous

ggs sorry about the lag lol i was just mashing moves hoping something would hit cause everytime i would try anything it would shit itself

Anonymous

it did fuck me up plenty but i had a fine time anyway
            get ethernet cable

Anonymous

I can hop on if anyone wants to play but I’m not great either

Anonymous

"pros" have to make up random rules and ban items to play it’s pathetic

Anonymous

the fact pokemon stadium is unbanned without the fix is hilarious to me

Anonymous

and ultimate banned a stage because one of the top tiers was mildly hindered when they tried to recover from one corner

Anonymous
      Anonymous

because it’s never been a significant problem.
      call me when wobblers win majors. oh wait, they NEVER did. the best any wobbler EVER did was THIRD place at EVO like TEN years ago.
      wobbling is not even CLOSE to the level of problem that Metaknight posed to Brawl

Anonymous

it’s a significant problem at every level except the top
        if a region had an IC main placing high a locals than count on that region stagnating or dying

Anonymous

A lot of poor muscle development, poor brain development, and poor attitude adjustment in this thread.
      Wavedashing is easy as fuck. L-Cancelling is easy as fuck. Melee is not a hard game to pick up and learn quickly.
      And to that one retard that thinks Tekken’s KBD is hard. Please have a nice day, it’s literally a fucking 2 button keystroke on anything but a joystick.

Anonymous

You can tell that this is legitimately where a great deal of Ganker’s assrage over Melee and PM (or really almost any game) comes from: mad bcuz bad.

Anonymous

I’m a mostly casual player who still sometimes fucks up wavedashes into air dodges and I still believe Melee and PM are the peaks of Smash. Even from a casual standpoint they shit all over modern Smash.

The gameplay is responsive and fast compared to modern Smash that feels like a fucking slog. The stages and items are just more fun to fight on and you’re not fucking fighting the stage the entire time. PM has fucking awesome game modes like removing blast zones and shit. Whether you’re playing seriously or casually, Melee and PM will always be the best.

Anonymous

>Even from a casual standpoint they shit all over modern Smash.
            Indeed. Project M was the favorite even for casual play at my college. We did semi-casual play (all stages but no items). no-items started only because some of the skins I had early on wouldn’t play nice with certain items from PM’s hilariously unstable common3.pac and crash the game, or would drop framerates on some custom stages.

Anonymous

how can someone who knows so little make so many posts about melee? this nigga has never been wobbled at his game store local for $23 and it shows

Anonymous

Namefags/Tripfags/Avatarfags are just retarded attention whores and nobody should ever reply to them. It’s incredible for me to see people still enabling them to this day.

Anonymous

I’ll never defend Ice Climbers to be honest
      Probably my least favorite character in any fighter ever

Anonymous

god bless the fighting game genre’s one and only puppeteer grappler

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.