Metroid Dread is way more replayable than Hollow Knight.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Metroid Dread is way more replayable than Hollow Knight.

• This topic has 215 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 65 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Metroid Dread is way more replayable than Hollow Knight.

The movements and animations are way more fluid and fun to mess around with.

Anonymous

it’s too soon to make that judgment you overhyped zealot

Anonymous

nah fuck you I already played through it three times and I can’t even bring myself to play Hollow Knight. Simply the most fluid and fun 2d platformer to date

Anonymous

>admits he didn’t play HK
          Why does HK make this board seethe so unfathomably hard?

Anonymous

Because some HK "fans" keep shitposting on every single metroidvania thread about how their game is superior and the rest are shit, because this board is a garbage dump where all discussions must be in the context of some kind of faction war. You can’t just like a game, you must also hate the rest.

Anonymous

>people are actually starting to fall for the dramaschizo
              uh oh.

Anonymous

no dread’s movement is far superior to hollow knight’s but then again hollow knight never had great traversal mechanics, they were just competent

Anonymous

>no same side walljumping
          nope

Anonymous

is that really what you consider "great traversal mechanics"??

Anonymous

it’s by far the most fun movement option in these types of games

Anonymous

Hard disagree, on all counts. Metroids movement feels fine, but the level design makes it atrocious. You are always squishing through holes and slowing down to adjust to the next move you need to do to proceed, and the only open designs are wasted on the shitty emmi encounters.

Hollow Knight is a complete package game, Metroid feels like an overpriced 3DS game with great animations. Not a fan of the bosses in metroid being piss easy QTE shit though, the parrys break the bosses too easily.

Anonymous

didn’t even finish Shallow Knight, boring slog of a game. It’s a shame cause the boss battles are actually good. The "exploration" is absolutely atrocious

Anonymous

I love how the game rewards you for beating it under 4 hours. It incentivizes you to actually play it fast, which only serves to highlight how good its movement options are. It’s also not that hard once you know what you’re doing. In fact, one of my few criticisms about the game is how hard mode isn’t hard at all.

Anonymous

>the game rewards you for beating it under 4 hours
        How?

Anonymous

You need to beat it in hard mode under 4 hours to unlock all the Samus art. You also need to beat it with a 100% to unlock all the Chozo art, but that doesn’t need to be in the same playthrough, your end time doesn’t matter for that one.

Anonymous

this is actually the first metroid game I like to try to complete fast

Anonymous

it’s not hard to be more replayable than hollow knight
      that game has many great qualities but replayability is not one of them

Anonymous

>Hollowknight shitposter flipping his vest to play both sides of this nonexistent divide.
      Sad.2h2gw

Anonymous

I can’t look at this fucking orb anymore without thinking of Beakposting.

Anonymous

Funnily enough, I find myself having the same complaints about Metroid Dread that people have been spouting about HK for years. Boring, everything looks the same, no interesting upgrades. I also don’t get why they decided to railroad the experience, like I can’t go back in a zone to check if I missed something because every gate’s been sealed off so I’m forced to move on to the next zone.

Anonymous

Hollow Knight is boring because its 20 hours long and you never really feel stronger as you progress. You get some abilities but nothing that changes you or your play style. You still have the basic sword and your basic attacks from start to finish. It completely fails at capturing the sense of character progression that Metroid and Castlevania had. That’s why the replayability is shit too. Why spend 20 hours beating the game only to do it exactly again when you’re playing the exact same way? In Dread you can choose which upgrades you want to get and skip and so your playstyle will change accordingly.

Anonymous

>In Dread you can choose which upgrades you want to get and skip and so your playstyle will change accordingly.
        Isn’t Space Jump the only skippable upgrade though. Whether you IBJ up a big shaft doesn’t exactly make a big difference in "playstyle"

Anonymous

It better be fucking replayable if it’s gonna be 5 hours long

Anonymous

it’s not that short. more like 8 hours if you go completely blind

Anonymous

>$60
          >"it’s not that short"
          >"more like 8 hours if you go completely blind"
          metroidfags will defend this

Anonymous

I think there’s some confusion because the game’s internal timer works a bit differently to how we might conventionally think of our playtime. My first run on normal mode I got only 32% item discovery and my in-game completion time was about 5h30m, but I think that must be only counting actual playing time and must be resetting any time I died to a boss, because there were definitely a couple of bosses where I died a good handful of times and that ought to have pushed my time closer to 7 or 8 hours.

Anonymous

Besides game over resets, looking at your map probably pauses the timer. As well as cutscenes/loading screens but those I wouldn’t count as gameplay anyway. I finished first time at about 11 hours game time and 15 hours real time, and I certainly didn’t die enough to lose 4 hours of progress through the run.

Anonymous

I think it’s funny we’ve gone from
              >the in-game counter is lower than real-time because loading screens, any reloaded segments and looking at the map doesn’t count
              to
              >the real-time is lower than the in-game counter because skipped cutscenes still contribute their full length to the counter

Anonymous

Say I wanted to play the Metroid series. Zero Mission or Metroid mOTHER?

Anonymous

Zero Mission. Even with all the quality of life improvements, the original game is way too archaic and obtuse. Zero Mission is way more enjoyable to play. You’re way better off playing the original one after you’ve played every other game, as a bonus.

Anonymous

Alright then

Anonymous

Seconding this. The same goes for metroid 2 as well, either play AM2R or Samus Returns instead of the original.
          The original versions of metroid and metroid 2 definitely show their age and are held back by both hardware limitations and immature game design, which detracts from the actual vision for the game.

After you’ve played the remakes, you can then go back and give the original versions a go as a curiosity to see what they were actually like, but there’s no need to force yourself through them.

Anonymous

i got soft locked in metroid dread without doing anything game braking. bravo

Anonymous

there is exactly one softlock in dread and it’s not there.
        you’re just a retard.

Anonymous

prove it

Anonymous

show me where you’re softlocked

Anonymous

prove you’re softlocked retard.

Anonymous

>there is exactly one softlock in dread
          where is it?
          i’m curious now

Anonymous

The fuck are you talking about? Why are you pointing at some area you’re not currently in? Just walk to the fucking right.

Anonymous

did you get the gravity suit?

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

It literally says you acquired it on the pic you posted. Bitch, I’m gonna slap you through the internet.

Anonymous

it says you got gravity suit though

not a screenshot of my game

Anonymous

If you’re stuck on the red rectangular area, then go all the way to the right, then shoot the red explosive thing, go back one screen and then go to the UPPER right ballway.

Anonymous

that was it. It’s been so long since i had to use diffusion beam that I forgot those things existed. im dum, thx anon

Anonymous

No problem, I forgot the cloak ability existed at a point too, shit happens. Just remember you don’t really get softlocked in this game.

Anonymous

yeah? well… i will PUNCH you through the internet

Anonymous

just go to cataris and fight experiment z-57

Anonymous

use shinespark to get out, you idiot

Anonymous

you cant shinespark underwater without grav suit

show me where you’re softlocked

ill make a webm

Anonymous

it says you got gravity suit though

Anonymous

Then go get your grav suit, duh.

Anonymous

you stupid melanoid
            if you got there without sequence breaking, you’re not stuck you’re just a blind retard
            if you did sequence break, you can reload your save and not jump down there and it’s also your own fault

Anonymous

the game is literally retard proof

Anonymous

Hollow Knight is also full of long stretches of fucking nothing. It’s an alright game but it’s way too propped up by a lot of people. I’d rather replay any Metroid or any Castlevania before ever replaying HK.

Anonymous

I pirated Hollow Knight but stopped playing because of the movement, it felt like a flash game

Anonymous

Huh, I had the same experience, I really don’t get what people see in this game compared to any Castlevania.

Anonymous

The movement is infinitely more fluid for starters. Just walking around going fast feels a lot better than the slow jogging of all the characters form all those other games.

Anonymous

>He doesn’t back slide everywhere

Anonymous

You should have a nice day, hk is a 15$ indie game made by 3 people, dread is a 60$ game made by Nintendo part of a decades old franchise

Anonymous

Hollow Knight was actually only made by 1 guy, the other dude that appears with him in interviews and shit is a paid actor.

Anonymous

>get Flash Shift
      >mess around with it
      >get to the area where you’re meant to go down as you shouldn’t be able to reach the blue wall to hang from
      >keep Flash Shifting until I can
      >leads to an elevator
      >elevator passage is blocked by a grapple beam node
      >bomb jump on the other side up to the hidden power bomb (which I can’t use yet)
      >go back down the elevator, literal next room is grapple beam

Some of these design decisions are retarded, like why would you put the grapple node there after the elevator if hypothetically you were only meant to be able to reach it after getting the grapple beam anyways? Why put the power bomb expansion on the other side when you can’t even use it by the time you actually do have the grapple beam and you can get it as intended?

Anonymous

because despite the devs putting in """""""""sequence breaks""""""""""""""" the game is still very restricted. I honestly don’t know why they bothered, but early gravity suit is nice to get rid of pre gravity water areas which are the worst parts in metroid

Anonymous

>why put the grapple wall there
        to make the player use their newly acquired tool to solve a item "puzzle", thus reminding them of all the other places they can backtrack to if they so wished.
        >why put power bombs there if you can’t use them
        so that players who are careful to scour every nook and cranny don’t have to run back around the entire map again when they get power bombs just to have more than a scrap of ammo for them.

Anonymous

You have to use the grapple beam twice to get out of the very room you get it in, not to mention once more in another manner to reach the elevator. The passageway you open with it (which is only accessible with grapple beam unless you spasm like an autist with Flash Shift) isn’t even for items, it’s to continue forward normally. At that point, they’ve already placed the restriction to reaching the area and had you use the grapple beam for the same purpose two rooms prior. So much for “sequence breaking” when it necessitates a previous power.

Anonymous

lol is this your first metroidvania? sounds so typical design

Anonymous

I’ve played dread twice and have no desire to play it again. To be fair I’ve only played hollow knight once but that’s still a lot more time spent than on dread

Anonymous

Yeah a lot more time playing a worse game. Go you.

Anonymous

I consider them both 7/10s

Anonymous

>look at me i’m a contrarian

Anonymous

7/10 is a good score though, I like them both

Anonymous

for me 7/10 is bad game and everything under is irredeemable garbage

Anonymous

stop rating games based on amerimutt school standards

Anonymous

idc what ameritards do, that’s how I rate my games. only 8-10/10 games should’ve been released in the first place

Anonymous

nintendo hasn’t made anything greater than a 6/10 since the snes anyway

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Does this game have the regular "the faster you beat the game the more Samus you see", or just artwork?

Anonymous

if you want to see samus in the zero suit you’ll have to beat the game under 4 hours in hard mode

Anonymous

artwork only

Anonymous

i’ve only ever really tried super metroid.
      Should I start with the Zero mission?

Anonymous

It was 8 year old me’s favorite game, I should play it again

Anonymous

Are there remakes for all the old Metroid games? Like Zero Mission, then Samus Returns, then? Does Super Metroid have a remake?

Anonymous

Why the fuck would they ever remake super metroid?

Anonymous

Because the original is dated as fuck now.

Anonymous

No it isn’t retard.
            Stick to warzone underageb&

Anonymous

No, cause Super Metroid is perfectly fine the way it is. Only Zero Mission and Samus Returns got remakes.

Anonymous

I mean… new aspect ratio would not hurt it either….

Anonymous

That’s being worked on for bsnes hd

Anonymous

>when you enter a map and it takes slightly longer to load

Anonymous

>enter an old central unit room you already beat
        >still has the long load
        >"oh shit did i find a secret?"
        >nothing
        lol stupid game getting my hopes up

Anonymous

It’s probably a better speedrunning game but after beating it twice I have no desire to beat it again for a long time, whereas I probably have forgotten a lot of Hollow knight and would have a much better time replaying it.

Anonymous

I think I like hollowknight more. the jumping feels like I’m floating in air.

Anonymous

What? The Knight literally jumps 20 times its own heigh in the airt, for crying out loud.

Anonymous

>insects bad

Anonymous

Kino

Anonymous

I wish it felt more like an actual fight. Even if it was Hyper Beam phase of Mother Brain styled, if it was at least for a little while in the normal game camera it would be better.

Anonymous

I just wished you could fight Ridley

Anonymous

I was expecting him to fly out as soon as that big door opened in the area where X parasites are introduced.

Anonymous

I was expecting some cameo when Samus ship escaped the planet. Something like him just watching her escape or attacking Samus ship right there. Just for some fanservice shit.

Anonymous

Absolutely everything has to be a tribalist retard war on Ganker doesn’t it

Metroid Dread and Hollow Knight can’t simply be two good games that are similar. No, they must be turned into sports teams so the soulless fucking drones on Ganker can fight over them.

Anonymous

>Metroid Dread and Hollow Knight can’t simply be two good games that are similar.
        thye’re really not that similar either, sure technically they belong to the same genre but they still have distinct identities, in fact it’s a good thing dread didn’t try to ape hollow knight and stayed true to its classic formula

Anonymous

HADAR SEN OLMEN

Anonymous

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anonymous

>post yfw this happened

Anonymous

"HOLY SHIT HE H- wait they’re bird people yeah no that makes sense I’m stupid as fuck"

Anonymous

The next cutscene is much wilders

Anonymous

>Sonic Mania comes out after 23 years after Sonic 3 & Knuckles and has a notably different team than before
      >People are now critical about the game’s length even though the series’ copycats never had an answer for the same criticism.
      >Megaman 11 comes out 8 years after Megaman 10 and has a notably different team than before
      >People are now critical about the game’s length even though the series’ copycats never had an answer for the same criticism.
      >Metroid Dread comes out 19 years after Metroid Fusion and has a notably different team than before

Anonymous

Games ar elonger now
        If your game is below 10 hours it shouldnt cost more than 20 bucks
        Which is why sonic mania and megaman 11 werent sold at full price unlike shittendo does

Anonymous

you sound poor. maybe you can work for 2 hours and you’ll be better

Anonymous

>you must be poor if youre smart about spending money

Most of the time poor people are idiots when it comes to money and spend too much on shit which is why they are poor

Anonymous

Well lads, it is perfectly possible to skip the Ice Missiles (and Scan Pulse). It’s not efficient, but it is something you can do. I think it might be possible to take this route and also skip the spin boost via diagonal water bomb-jumping (and possibly damage boosting), but I can’t be arsed trying it yet due to the fact that failing one of the jumps leads to soft locking and having to reload at a checkpoint.

Anonymous

did I just fucking lock myself in here?
      at this point I’m not really sure what I’m doing. I feel like I’m missing tons of shit. I don’t have the gravity suit, nor the power bomb which I assume it’s what breaks the yellow blocks

Anonymous

here’s what the rest of the map looks like
        already shot everything btw

looks like I’m really stuck here
        woops

Anonymous

Not sure where you are but maybe look for large gap in water you can jump across without gravity suit

Anonymous

Dude, go to the room before that small crevice, and look at the the wall on the top right, that small little morphball tunnel to the yellow door? You can open that.

Anonymous

You have the diffusion beam. That’s your hint.

Anonymous

Shoot up dummy. You can’t softlock yourself unless you’re actually using glitches.

Anonymous

already did… except with a charged shot just now
          I’m blind as fuck and didn’t notice the red exploding thing nor the ledge in the previous room LOL

sorry, some of this shit looks way too samey ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Anonymous

>blames the game because he’s a blind retard

Anonymous

I think you’re supposed to get stuck in there. The game capitalizes on the avid fan that knows to bomb everything to find the way out, because they introduce the diffusion beam mechanic very early in the game and they don’t expect you to be as observant with it.

I also thought I got softlocked and almost looked it up but i’m glad I did not.

Anonymous

Yeah, this section stumped me for a little while too until I saw the actual route. You’re right, it’s a bit of a trick where you forget that you have the diffusion beam because it hasn’t been used as a required key for a little while.

Anonymous

Lol, no you’re not. Figure it out, pleb.

I got stuck there too… and on stream.

Anonymous

here’s what the rest of the map looks like
        already shot everything btw

looks like I’m really stuck here
        woops

>taking a picture of a screen

Anonymous

Are any of the sequence breaks actually practical? I got the Super Missiles early and all it really did was give me stronger missiles earlier and it didn’t really open up any new paths. Getting bombs early was kind of the same since yeah it lets you kill Kraid easier but you still have to backtrack to him to eventually get the Diffusion Beam.
      Early Gravity Suit was pretty nice though.

Anonymous

1st Emmi skip, Kraid > Grapple Beam, Early Ice Missiles, and Green Teleporter > Grav Suit > Screw Attack > Cross Bomb > Storm Missiles are standard for speed runners atm.
        Early Super Missiles isn’t really used because Shinespark kills Robo Chozo quicker and Droygan gets skipped. You can skip the spin boost entirely, but it works out quicker to get it, people just wait until after getting the Ice Missiles. Both the Ice Missiles and Scan Pulse can be skipped entirely, but once again it’s not worth it from a time perspective, so only the Space Jump is skipped entirely.

Anonymous

Early Cross Bombs helped me get some collectibles sooner. I think that’s the only sequence break I discovered.

Anonymous

>Did the early gravity suit first over Cross Bombs so I had to do the entire frozen Artaria sequence before being able to get them
          They open up at the same time too, I wish I did the early Cross Bombs first.

Anonymous

Is there a game that lives more rent free in Ganker’s head than HK?

Anonymous

Hollow Knight is a game that is only liked by one (1) astroturfing samefag who makes every single post and funds every single video and review praising it, and it’s probably a dev.
      I have never met a real person that likes Hollow Knight, only fake internet "people" that are all the same person advertising that piece of shit.

Anonymous

Does this imply that chozo infected with x have their eyes turn white?

Anonymous

Because this shows quiet robe with white eyes when his eyes were normally yellow.

Anonymous

Because this shows quiet robe with white eyes when his eyes were normally yellow.

SA-X’s eyes were also white.

Anonymous

were matroid fags this annoying when samus returns came out?

Anonymous

Nope, the shitposting was mainly directly inward between AM2Rfags and MSRfags.

Anonymous

i am in the mood for some more metroid style games now after dread. already palyed all of the metroid series years ago, but what are some good metroidvanias on steam? is dead cells worth my time? it seems to have glowing reviews

Anonymous

Rabi ribi
        Didn’t care for dead cells personally

Anonymous

Play the Castlevania games.
        Dead Cells is a repetitive rougelite trash, play an actual video game before that

Anonymous

I thought dead cells was alright but its really not a metroidvania or whatever. Castlevania gba games are pretty good and are now on steam. Blaster Master Zero games might be worth a look too.

Anonymous

You should definitely try Axiom Verge

Anonymous

Seconding Rabi Ribi. Absolute masterpiece.

Anonymous

Axiom Verge is the most popular "metroid-like" metroidvania. haven’t played these but they’re also metroid-like: Environmental Station Alpha, Outbuddies DX, A Robot Named Fight.

great metroidvanias that aren’t metroid-like: The Messenger (the beginning is linear but it opens up later), Blasphemous, Castlevania Dawn/Aria of Sorrow, Dandara

Anonymous

That’s because Hollow Knight is more of a Souls game than a Metroid game, you can’t compare them.

Anonymous

What does it mean when some enemies like those magma robot things in Cataris flash yellow just before firing their projectiles? Can I counter it somehow? Melee parry doesn’t work

Anonymous

That’s exactly the moment when you are supposed to use the parry. You need to be next to the enemy and execute the parry at the exact moment they flash.

Anonymous

of course it is easier to replay, hollow knight is a chore to finish in the first place.

Anonymous

Unpopular opinion
      I like bloodstained more than dread and reddit knight.

Anonymous

>reddit knight
        contrarianism is really starting to get out of hand on this board

Retard

>$60
        >"it’s not that short"
        >"more like 8 hours if you go completely blind"
        metroidfags will defend this

Quality over quantity. The game is exactly as long as it needs to be. I rushed towards the end because I felt it was already starting to feel like the game was getting too long. The in game timer does not accurately reflect your playtime

Anonymous

hollow knight sucks dick

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

Because dick is too good for it, it sucks poo.

Anonymous

been trying to get through the pressure plate in burenia by bomb bouncing wonder if it’s even possible there

Anonymous
        Anonymous

10/10

Anonymous

thats a good bait anon

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>Everyone compares HK to Metroid
        >Nobody compares HK to Castlevania
        I never understood this, it clearly borrows more from ‘vania than that does from Metroid, with things like multiple endings, hidden boss fights, melee-oriented combat, npc interactions, and changeable equipment.

Anonymous

MUST
          SHITPOST
          MUST. OBTAIN. MORE. (you)’S

Anonymous

I don’t know, HK certainly has a couple advanced movement options and skips but one of the best things it had over Dread for me is that at no point did I ever feel like I was wrestling with the controls, it’s almost a constant reminder in the other game, aiming while moving can be finicky, even after infinite jumps they can still be a bit finicky due to their arc, the fuxking sprint which needs to hold down the analog stick and then down for shine spark which is also finicky as fuck, especially in mid air, being just better to not touch anything so that it doesn’t fuck up at times, the whole missile/alternate fire selection thing having you hold a separate button, etc etc etc, I mean sure, you do settle down after a couple hours of play, but it never felt 100% comfortable

Anonymous

>The game goes out of its way to hinder the player with water
      >At least 25% of the map is water
      >Early on, it’s annoying but you brush it off because you know about the Gravity Suit
      >Around the halfway point of the game, you really start to notice it
      >Wonder how long the game is going to hold out on you
      >Get terrorized by the purple EMMI
      >Get Space Jump, an endgame-level powerup, and the game immediately dumps you into a pool of water for a tutorial
      >Still no Gravity Suit
      >You need to go to Ghavoran and use the Space Jump underwater to progress
      >Game is having a laugh at this point
      >Teleportal dumps you in Berenia, game expects you to dive to the bottom of the ocean
      >Where the FUCK is my Gravity Suit???
      >Finally, finally find it tucked away in the deepest, most remote bowels of the planet
      >Use it to escape the area
      >Use it to survive the frozen section
      >Use it to deal with purple EMMI
      >Never have to use it again unless going for 100%
      At least it looks good.

Anonymous

>At least 25% of the map is water
        rofl

Anonymous

I hate the torso lights on the gravity suit, makes it look ugly.

Anonymous

>filtered by water
        Now this is sad

Anonymous

Item cleanup in this game is a constant flip-flop between "this is so easy why haven’t I done this bef-oh right I have space jump now" and "how the FUCK am I getting a shinespark all the way over here"

Anonymous

Everyone’s complaining about the purple emmi water sections like they didn’t litter that shit with grapple surfaces to spiderman your way out of there

Anonymous

People complain more about the Ice Emmi it seems. They can’t handle getting ICED

Anonymous

>see anons pooping on the game saying you can’t same side wall jump
      >browse youtube
      Well what the fuck is this then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQU8hcOAcOk

Anonymous

nooo you can’t make it harder
        it’s supposed to be as piss easy as super metroid

Anonymous

I’m barely dealing with the first EMMI but something tells me they’ll all be relative pushovers
      >Samus be wary of EMMI you’re not even CLOSE to their level, just run run run
      >but here’s a counter that works as pause button on them

Even my retarded, slow-witted ass can counter it reliably, do the other EMMIs do shit differently?

Anonymous

i’ve been having more and more issues with the game each time i replay it but i’ve also replayed it like 5 times so

Anonymous

I have a Wii U and a Switch
      Should I just wait for a potential switch port of Metroid Prime trilogy or pull the trigger on the wii collection?
      I really want to play these games, but I don’t think there’s been any talk of Prime on switch yet

Anonymous

All I’ve been hearing about this metroid is "sequence breaking" and "going fast", as if nintendo have catered to the speedrunning troon community over anyone else. I might be wrong here but I always thought metroid was always about atmosphere? I get there have always been time/percentage targets, but it shouldn’t be the selling point of the game. I am saddened by this turn of events.

Anonymous

You are wrong.
        Stop being a fag.

Anonymous

it’s more like they’ve done the "going fast" part so well that it’s actually the most enjoyable part of the game

i do wish it was better on the atmosphere/exploration side of things but hopefully prime 4 covers that

Anonymous

>All I’ve been hearing about this metroid is "sequence breaking" and "going fast", as if nintendo have catered to the speedrunning troon community over anyone else.
        So Super Metroid was catered to trannies in 1994? Take your meds.

Anonymous

One thing I wish that Dread copied from Hollow Knight is a sort of boss gallery mode where you can fight the bosses again.

Anonymous

Are any of the sequence breaks “intended” beyond the Kraid bombs? Like is there any benefit besides time or is there an actual use for bosses and other things that you wouldn’t otherwise be able to access?

Anonymous

Metroid Dread is such a rarity. How many series have come back from a completely garbage release (Other M) with not just a return to form, but an entry that is arguably the apex of the series?

Anonymous

>Dread
        >apex
        Here’s your (You).

Anonymous

People are going to reply to this with Fire Emblem Awakening and they’ll be wrong

Anonymous

DmC -> DMC5 is the onnly other turnaround I can think of

Anonymous

d-does Sonic Mania count? too bad good times never last for that franchise

Anonymous

accidently ended up in burenia without bombs again

Anonymous

Quick question: Why is the AI’s voice so robotic sounding? I just started the game, so I dunno if there’s a story reason for it. But it just seems odd that with such advanced technology, the machines still SOUND LIKE THIS. BZZT WRRR ROBOT.

Synthetic voices already sound better than that today.

Anonymous

Because it still sounds cool.

Anonymous

Galactic Federation law forbids any and all vocal AI from having a voice within 50% resemblance of a human voice (where 100% would be indistinguishable).

Anonymous

Well, duh. You’re gonna have to play it 20 times to get half as much value out of it as a full Hollow Knight run.

Anonymous

Also way more expensive

Anonymous

Cool. I accidentally did a sequence break and got cross bombs early.

Anonymous

That’s weird cause I bought Hollow Knight and completed it whereas I got Metroid for free and dropped it after 10 minutes. It’s not bad, it’s just a phone game. Anyway, to this day those are the only two of this "metroidvania" style game I have ever played. So I can pretty much objectively state HK > Metroid – and I didn’t even like HK that much.

Anonymous

You Will NEVER Be A Woman

Anonymous

You played one Metroid game and one Castlevania game then, and you like Castlevania better.

Anonymous

Castlevania looks gay though Metroid is hot af

Anonymous

Interesting article, apparently Dread had twice as many bosses planned
      https://www.anaitgames.com/articulos/mercurysteam-empleados-condiciones-trabajo

Anonymous

Can we get this translated into a godly language? This pagan shit hurts my eyes.

Anonymous

>subpar shit game which would be forgotten if it came out on any other console or pc gets talked about for weeks by tendies

Serious question why are they like this? Who the fuck discusses a phone game this much? Nintendocult fuckers

Anonymous

Agreed. Never played hollow knight, never will. I don’t play Reddit games

Anonymous

>implying reddit isnt better than Ganker

Lets be real here

Anonymous

>flexing about being a tourist
          Do you people really?

Anonymous

I started browsing reddit after Ganker became too boring and honestly discussion there is more fun

Anonymous

I wouldn’t know, I don’t use reddit. Sounds like you know a lot about the site, you should go back there

Anonymous

I mainly use reddit for dicussion and Ganker for shitposting so iam fine

Anonymous

>check reddit to see what they’re saying about dread
              >it’s just a bunch of epic relatable memes and fanart
              >when you actually do find game chat it’s usually the most banal milquetoast shit because anything else gets downvoted/banned

dogshit website

Anonymous

Still better than Ganker which is sad

Anonymous

>metroid dread is more replayable than hollow Knight
      You are high and on crack.

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.