my god this game is an ordeal

Home Forums A haunted junk yard my god this game is an ordeal

• This topic has 267 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 55 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

my god this game is an ordeal

Anonymous

Just wait until 5 if that’s what you think about 3

Anonymous

5 at least has good parts

Anonymous

5 is literally the 2nd best though, wtf are you talking about?
        Or did you only engage with the series through Youtube lets plays or Twitch streamers and thus can only grade the series based on the contrivances of the stories?

Anonymous

not him but tbh 5 is pretty weak, the whole concept is terrible and the characters that supposedly drive it aren’t nowhere near likable enough, i can’t believe people unironically like Park and Haruka and be like hm yeah 5 was a banger i sure am glad kiryu almost fucking dies for an entitled brat that gave up on everything like 5 seconds later and a bitch that aborted Majima’s baby luhmao
          Even Akiyama is massive simp in 5, i can understand shinada being good but the rest is pure dogshit

Anonymous

>i can’t believe people unironically like Park
            Why?
            The only complaints I see against her are retarded shit like "oh no not muh mawjimah."

Anonymous

Like I said;
            >Or did you only engage with the series through Youtube lets plays or Twitch streamers and thus can only grade the series based on the contrivances of the stories?
            Thanks for proving my point by only talking about the story, which means you’re one of the nu-age fans who only experienced the series from your favorite streamer/-tuber.

Anonymous

>muh janky casual obscure franchise
              melanoid I PLAYED all mainline games, get over your fucking self for christ sake. You’re not hip trying to gatekeep yakuza lmfao

Anonymous

And yet in response all you did what talk about the story.
                You type exactly how I expect a z00mer who only engages with videogames via their favorite streamers to type.

Anonymous

The gameplay of 5 was good but you and I know no one plays yakuza games for the gameplay.
                  And if you wanna argue gameplay both 0 and kiwami blow it out the water

Anonymous

>you and I know no one plays yakuza games for the gameplay.
                    If you play Yakuza games for their main stories you’re a fool. I love Yakuza games with all my heart, but the only stories in the series worth anything are 0 and 7.

>And if you wanna argue gameplay both 0 and kiwami blow it out the water
                    See, and this is just another clear example you’ve never actually touched the series.
                    Yakuza Kiwami is a really poorly designed game and shows just how badly a Yakuza game can regress if it’s rushed through production by a team of scrubs while the real developers work on another game.

The Akai brothers boss fight alone is a microcosm of everything wrong with Yakuza Kiwami’s combat design, especially its boss fights.

Anonymous

>muh bossfights
                      Fuck off, it’s a remake of a decade old PS2 game. Combat styles were the best thing to happen to this series gameplay wise.

I play Yakuza for the gameplay and it’s why I grew to hate 0.

?
                      0 has some of the best long battles and combat sections in the entire franchise, as a gameplayfag it’s one of the reasons it’s up there high.

Anonymous

I hate all of the styles. Everything else doesn’t matter when the characters are worse than anything present in the series up to that point.

Anonymous

Sagawa alone is better than half the characters in 3-5 though.

Anonymous

>discussion about combat
                        >"BUT THIS NPC THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COMBAT IS REALLY WELL WRITTEN"
                        Christ you’re stupid.

Anonymous

styles were such a good idea for the series that the fact 6 and K2 dont have them makes those games objectively worse to play. theres a reason judgement brought styles back.

Anonymous

That and Kiryu not having DoD and the shitty DE moveset made both of those games garbage. Kiryu got robbed of having a good final game and 2 got robbed of a proper remake, you can say the same about K1 but it was just lazy and the gameplay was at least consistent since it just improved it from 0.

Anonymous

the worst fucking part is the fact that K2 and 6 BOTH have the DoD moveset on other characters. theres a mod for both that just moves it back onto kiryu.

the moveset isnt bad, but it could have just been another style. they had PS2 animations in 6 despite the game literally just being a tech demo, so theres no reason they couldnt just have styles in either.
                        i also hate how judgement doesnt have any of the style swap skills from kiwami, and you HAVE to look at the animation.

Anonymous

>i also hate how judgement doesnt have any of the style swap skills from kiwami, and you HAVE to look at the animation.
                        I’m pretty sure Lost Judgment fixed this and style switching is pretty much instant now. Haven’t played it so I can’t confirm but from what I saw it seems to be the case.

Moose

It’s instant now but you still do a quick animation going into the style which can be interrupted by you and at the start of battles.

Anonymous

>Kiryu got robbed of having a good final game and 2 got robbed of a proper remake
                        these facts will never stop hurting. man 6 was so disappointing. kiryu fucking deserved so much better.

Anonymous

Shit rebuttal. Again, you didn’t play either the PS2 originals or the remake. You just watched videos of the latter, hence that shitty dismissal of the point.

>Combat styles were the best thing to happen to this series gameplay wise
                        Not really. Style switching made Yakuza 0 too easy, which is one of the biggest complaints of that game.
                        Not that you would know.

Anonymous

>Yakuza
                        >Difficult
                        Last (You) you’ll get from me but I hope you’ve been savoring them
                        >you didn’t play the games!!!
                        take your meds already, you’re way off them.

Anonymous

Yeah, I know you haven’t played the games, thanks for confirming that once again.

Anonymous

Whatever helps you sleep at night, my guy
                        https://files.catbox.moe/m3dykj.jpg

Anonymous

Show your trophies and playtime.

Anonymous

https://files.catbox.moe/8y365g.jpg
                        Played K1 and 3 on the 4′
                        >trophies
                        Literally meaningless shit lmao but I did plat Y4 and 6

Anonymous

I’ll concede defeat since it would be retarded for you to go this far to fake.
                        Most of my playtime is on PS3/4 for all of the games except for 7, which is the first one that came out after I became exclusively PC master race.

>it’s a remake of a decade old PS2 game
                        Not for a majority of the bosses. Arai, Jingu, and Shindo are pretty much the only ones who retain their moveset. Everyone else is using replacement movesets which is why the Akai Brothers in particular is a mess of a boss fight because the Ogita moveset paired with the Kanda moveset can lead to very long stunlocks when most of their attacks fling you to the ground due to it being Kiwami.
                        >Combat styles were the best thing to happen to this series gameplay wise.
                        The problem is how they flesh out the combat styles which even LJ hasn’t figured out properly. When they can focus on one style per character they tend to flesh out the style fairly succinctly and balance it properly while also having a fair share of moves that make sense but don’t focus entirely on one thing the style does.

In all the games with styles that aren’t BP there’s always a single style that’s miles better to use than any other style (2kat, Pistol, Breaker, 0 Beast, K1 DoD, JE Tiger, LJ Tiger) and it makes a majority of the other styles pointless because their gimmicks are either developed poorly or start breaking the further into the game you go (Snake in particular is a good example of this). It also leads to a problem of them giving the style moves that have really weird purposes like Snake having that one that requires one bar or less + red health in order to parry for some reason, Slugger having all these weapon variants when not using the bat is a massive detriment and cuts your moveset tremendously, or Wild Dance having all these weird situational attacks.

Even the good styles like LJ’s Tiger have tons of really specific moves that you will almost never use (Like the skateboard attack) just to pad out the list rather than making that generic. Ishin even has Cannon and Spear sub-styles for some stupid reason.

[…]
                        Remastered Collection gives you a physical English box.

>Everyone else is using replacement movesets which is why the Akai Brothers in particular is a mess of a boss fight because the Ogita moveset paired with the Kanda moveset can lead to very long stunlocks when most of their attacks fling you to the ground due to it being Kiwami
                        The problem isn’t even just that you get stunlocked for a very long time by them, that on its own is annoying, but it wouldn’t be so bad if you could avoid the stun lock in some way.
                        It’s also the fact that if you get even 3 hits into a rush combo the Ogita-copy-cat will auto-activate his super armor and send you to the ground. There’s literally NO WAY around this, and so even after you eliminate the other Akai brother you spend 10 minutes whittling down the other’s HP while being forced to do nothing for several seconds everytime he activates his super armor and knocks you down.

>Remastered Collection gives you a physical English box.
                        why would it have a PS3 label?

3 never got a physical release, so as a bonus they included that in the PS4 remastered collection.
                        I appreciated it, but I wish they had given us 3 separate discs like Japan got for their remaster so I could actually put something in that fucking case.

Anonymous

>I’ll concede defeat since it would be retarded for you to go this far to fake
                        I told you, I’m not a zoomie who watches games on twitch or youtube
                        All I said is that 5 is a nice package with a very poorly written plot that overall brings it down and treats characters like Akiyama like side characters in favour of Haruka
                        Other than that its one of the most fun to play games in the series even though I still think style switching is more fun and allows for overall better depth, but I’m just a dmcfag and combofag so I’m bound to disagree with a lot of fans on this take.

Anonymous

>Yakuza 5 PS3 box
                        ?

Moose

>it’s a remake of a decade old PS2 game
                        Not for a majority of the bosses. Arai, Jingu, and Shindo are pretty much the only ones who retain their moveset. Everyone else is using replacement movesets which is why the Akai Brothers in particular is a mess of a boss fight because the Ogita moveset paired with the Kanda moveset can lead to very long stunlocks when most of their attacks fling you to the ground due to it being Kiwami.
                        >Combat styles were the best thing to happen to this series gameplay wise.
                        The problem is how they flesh out the combat styles which even LJ hasn’t figured out properly. When they can focus on one style per character they tend to flesh out the style fairly succinctly and balance it properly while also having a fair share of moves that make sense but don’t focus entirely on one thing the style does.

In all the games with styles that aren’t BP there’s always a single style that’s miles better to use than any other style (2kat, Pistol, Breaker, 0 Beast, K1 DoD, JE Tiger, LJ Tiger) and it makes a majority of the other styles pointless because their gimmicks are either developed poorly or start breaking the further into the game you go (Snake in particular is a good example of this). It also leads to a problem of them giving the style moves that have really weird purposes like Snake having that one that requires one bar or less + red health in order to parry for some reason, Slugger having all these weapon variants when not using the bat is a massive detriment and cuts your moveset tremendously, or Wild Dance having all these weird situational attacks.

Even the good styles like LJ’s Tiger have tons of really specific moves that you will almost never use (Like the skateboard attack) just to pad out the list rather than making that generic. Ishin even has Cannon and Spear sub-styles for some stupid reason.

>Yakuza 5 PS3 box
                        ?

Remastered Collection gives you a physical English box.

Anonymous

didn’t read

Anonymous

>Remastered Collection gives you a physical English box.
                        why would it have a PS3 label?

Anonymous

For collectionist purposes, 5 never had a PS3 physical release so people with a PS3 collection can finally complete the missing link with it I guess. It’s literally just an empty box.

Anonymous
                        Moose

Because we never got a physical English version of 5 so people who bought it digitally and wanted their shelf to have a complete English collection technically couldn’t. You’d have to import 5 from Japan for a Japanese box just to have a physical box for your shelf.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

Isn’t Shindo an ishin one
                        Iirc it’s nishikis from that game (forgot his ishin name)
                        Shindo also uses another ishin one in K2

Moose

Looks like you’re completely right.
                        https://youtu.be/yEEv0GKL7Mk?t=678
                        Here’s the Izo 2 fight.
                        https://youtu.be/pWIRk1FDVcU?t=151
                        Here’s the same attacks.
                        https://youtu.be/PnRbbG0V2JQ?t=106
                        Here’s OG Shindo.

I guess I memory holed this one because I remember him being more active like in the Kiwami fight but it really looks like he has simplistic slashes by comparison.

>I’ll concede defeat since it would be retarded for you to go this far to fake
                        I told you, I’m not a zoomie who watches games on twitch or youtube
                        All I said is that 5 is a nice package with a very poorly written plot that overall brings it down and treats characters like Akiyama like side characters in favour of Haruka
                        Other than that its one of the most fun to play games in the series even though I still think style switching is more fun and allows for overall better depth, but I’m just a dmcfag and combofag so I’m bound to disagree with a lot of fans on this take.

>I still think style switching is more fun and allows for overall better depth
                        It definitely does that, it’s just that their implementation of it is all over the place. LJ’s the best next to K1 in terms of letting you switch instantly to keep combos going and they do offer a lot of variety, it’s just that they don’t really know how to flesh the styles out without making most upgrades passives that simply increase stats or require quite specific conditions to do so you’re left with a couple moves to work with overall. They’re fine overall they just shouldn’t really do more than two or three per character and if they are going to do that they just need to give the styles more attention like they do a singular Kiryu style. A lot of the time it felt like Kiryu in his solo games had more options or fleshing out than the styles do.

Anonymous

>it’s just that they don’t really know how to flesh the styles out without making most upgrades passives that simply increase stats or require quite specific conditions to do so you’re left with a couple moves to work with overall.
                        I will reply to this even though I said I wouldn’t read
                        Yes this is true and 0-JE exponentially increased the less heat actions for more passives, situational moves and while I do think it’s a kick in the dick sometimes I also think it’s part of making you adapt and mix and match to overcome this
                        Yeah they are shlackin and gimmicky but again, once you blend them in, they work
                        All they had to do was retain DoD like K1 did while also trimming down Brawler and Rush and Beast to avoid overencumbering, this is a hot take but K1 is the perfect mix of old Kiryu + styles. And JE had it right in the first game except crane became extremely situational and unusable but LJ improved on it plus added snake, but I do feel snake shouldve been left as a more situational kind of style to disarm opponents rather than make it a very busted style, same with boxing, it’s like beast all over again and it encourages people to be lazy instead of mixing the styles.

Moose

>I also think it’s part of making you adapt and mix and match to overcome this
                        The problem is they still haven’t balanced the styles to force you to do any of this. They’re trying, and you can see that with LJ very clearly, but the issue they’re running into is that Tiger as a concept creates this vacuum where the 1v1 style is more effective than the AoE style. Then, if you start trying to balance the AoE style it becomes more effective than the 1v1 style and you’re at an impasse here.

Honestly, you could very easily balance Snake by making it so the parry aura allows you to also grab enemies no matter their size and you’re always guaranteed a grab, but there’s a cooldown on grab attacks so you can’t spam it. Shinada himself could have had this very fix applied to My Meteor Tackle as well. Instead we’re left with pretty much never being able to grab enemies that aren’t the lowest tier mooks past chapter 5. It’s borderline unusable on bosses because you can just Tiger charge attack everything tanking the hits and slaughtering them in the process for 40-60% of their health per charge attack.

Anonymous

Meteor tackle worked on bosses and was pretty spammable though, if anything the issue with it was that it consumed way too much heat to justify popping on random mooks so I would have buffed the heat costs to make up for it.

Moose

I honestly never had much success with it and the cost was astronomical for the damage output. A good 80% of the time I’d just get slapped out of the grab as soon as it landed even if I was previously hitting the enemy before that (Meaning their grab prevention should have expired). It worked on the easier mooks most of the time but anything that could actually benefit from it would slap me off.

Anonymous

>I honestly never had much success with it and the cost was astronomical for the damage output. A good 80% of the time I’d just get slapped out of the grab as soon as it landed
                        https://youtu.be/cwx56-L63S8
                        I don’t think a single shinada boss isn’t tackable, and it doesn’t have a limit like grabs either.

Moose

The only time I saw it used in that video was at 0:10 and it immediately rammed him into a wall, it didn’t grab him. I’m talking about MMTing in the open and trying to do the throw that consumes tons of Heat to do from the tackle itself, because you getting knocked away from the grab also consumed Heat even if you didn’t actually throw the guy iirc.

Anonymous

Oh yeah definitely, the throw didnt even seem to work in my end but MMT is an actual good crowd control maneuver was the point
                        Pretty sure you can pin two mooks with it but I dont know how the throw actually works since I usually got interrupted out of it by a mook.

Moose

>but MMT is an actual good crowd control maneuver was the point
                        Will give the tackle portion of it another shit whenever I get to 5 HD then. I pretty much wrote it off due to the Heat cost paired with constantly getting knocked off of it.

Anonymous

I play Yakuza for the gameplay and it’s why I grew to hate 0.

Anonymous

A kino ordeal.

Anonymous

Don’t try to 100% Yakuza games, you end up hating them at the end. Play til you get all substories done and drop it.

Anonymous

Minigames and gambles are the best part, who cares about substories? They’re nearly all the same

Anonymous

Substories get you to play all the minigames generally, you just don’t have to pray for RNG at the casino to fulfill all the autistic 100% requirements.

Anonymous

substory/cabaret mahjong is always a braindead simplification for completionists

Anonymous

This but for all games lol

Anonymous

There’s nothing wrong with being bad at games but coping like this is a little sad

Anonymous

Even playing Yakuza 3 after 2 (PS2) feels like a chore, mainly because Yakuza 2 (PS2) is a perfect game.

Anonymous

unfathomably based

Anonymous

the number of games actually worth doing 100% of the content in is very, very small
          and I’m not talking about skipping actually challenging shit like hidden bosses, I’m talking about helping granny faggot collect 7 mole asses so you can unlock new stews that give you a 5% cash income buff

Anonymous

You can 100% 4,6, and 7. They don’t require full completion of all games, moves

Anonymous

Fuck the baseball minigame.

Anonymous

GIT GUD

Anonymous

4 requires all climax battles for the plat so that can be a challenge because the Tanimura fight is AIDS and the Komaki fight can give you trouble
          6 and 7 are easy plats tho, except for the grinding for the True Final Millennium Tower. Fuck those Vagabonds

Anonymous

I finished that climax battle, wasnt so hard. 4 is a fun plat.

Anonymous

They’re not bad by themselves but the final climax battle where you have to fight them all consecutively within the time limit can be frustrating

Anonymous

Heh kid you tried to do X but Y was better for you all along.

Repeat 500 times.

Anonymous

This anon speaks the truth. Do all substories then beat the true final boss and move on to the next game

Anonymous

Amon fights were never good.

Anonymous

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous

Looks like Kiryu dropped his ciggy

Anonymous

The last chapter is pure kino.

Anonymous

this game 500 hours long

Anonymous

It’s not. 3 is the second shortest one in the series, only ahead of the PS2 original. Main story only takes 20 hours and there isn’t that much side content compared to 2 or the later games.

Anonymous

That’s your own fault. Next time you play a game series, play them in the correct order.

Anonymous

Y3 still has the best OP theme (JP)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex6IOjuQB7E

Anonymous

Anyone who tells you to play all the Yakuza games is either a massive autistic loser or trolling you. 3-5 are not worth playing. At all. Watch a 15 minute recap video on youtube. Play 0, K1, K2, and then 6 after you get the gift of 3-5. And even in K1 I would suggest not bothering with the majority of the sub stories.

Anonymous

nigga shut your retarded ass up

Anonymous

>watches video games on Youtube
        >thinks he has the right to call anyone autistic

Anonymous

>Play Yakuza 0 then forget the rest of the series exists
        Best advice. Even then, chapters 1-10 is a snorefest.

Anonymous

zerofags are funny.

Anonymous

>3-5 are not worth playing
        Only a cocksucker would think like that.

Anonymous

That part was so fun, 5 Kiryu is insanely overpowered
          >mfw just breaking niggas spines left and right with free bounding throws

Anonymous

Kiryu feels so great to play as in 5.
            >anime rage mode
            >double finishers are there at the start
            Something about him feels so smooth in 5, it’s hard to explain.

Anonymous

The double finishers and his moveset being there plus getting tiger drop and other cool Komaki shit like an hour in helps
              4 Kiryu was a similar situation, he just appears with his full 3 moveset from the get go to go nuts with but 5 has that + even more shit.

Anonymous

This. I hated Kiryu before Yakuza 5 but his emo taxi driver phase actually made him the best character of the series. If 5 wasn’t made, I couldnt give a rat’s ass to Kiryu.

Same with Taiga, 5 made him a better character probably because of his smoother moveset and his new haircut lol.

Anonymous

But Kiryu was great in 0 though.

Anonymous

>0
                  Kiryu was always too much of a goody too shoes without actually having REAL threats to his loved ones from Zero until 4. I don’t know, there’s something about Kiryu sacrificing himself for Haruka’s dreams that made him more likeable to me.

Anonymous

>REAL threats to his loved ones from Zero
                    But Nishiki and Reina and Kazama are all in absolute danger and they are his main motivating factor for everything he does in 0?
                    Not to mention Oda and Tachibana?

Anonymous

They’re all just Yakuza family and friends he met on a short time span. Haruka is his way out and him being too far from Haruka really made some depth into his character. I think me just going through the series made me appreciate the pay out to Kiryu’s character more compared to the previous entries. You can argue that he tried to have the same struggle in 3 but again, Kiryu being far away added to the tension in 5. I haven’t played 6 though so no comment there but i might get it today since im itching to play LAD

Anonymous

>Nishiki
                        >Friend in a short time span
                        >Kazama
                        You stupid melanoid one he literally grew up with and the other is his literal father figure
                        I never gave a fuck about shitruka past 3, her shtick was boring and 5 was entirely made up boring drama regarding her shitty idol career and Park’s Yume
                        Haruka didnt add anything to his character, in fact a literal baby like Haruto was more compelling for him.

Anonymous

Like I said, Nishiki and Kazama are just Yakuza family. I didn’t care much for them since most of their time in the game are spent on flashbacks. Hell, even Majima and Date are more important to Kiryu for me afterl playing zero – 5. Haruka has stayed with Kiryu from Yakuza 1 and we’ve watched her grow up so fuck you for thinking Haruka didnt add anything to his character. The whole fucking series is wrapped around Kiryu wanting out and stay with his "real" family but the Yakuza life keeps bringing him back in.

Anonymous

5 absolutely felt like the most OP Kiryu has ever been. you felt like a fucking unstoppable demi god.

Anonymous

I actually love 4 and wish people didn’t write it off simply because
        >rubber bullets
        Yes, that is the worst single story element in the whole series.
        The game is full of Kino and Akiyama is fucking great

Anonymous

>Yes, that is the worst single story element in the whole series.
          I dunno
          mirror face is shit
          korean dopplegangers are shit
          yamato is shit
          entirety of 3 is shit
          but people still find things to love about each installment. It’s weird 4 gets such a bad rap

Anonymous

Rubber bullets themselves aren’t bad, infact they work just fine for the main saejima part too.

the issue comes into play when Arai shoots Munakata with one, expecting to kill him.

Anonymous

This. Literally no reason not to go for a headshot there. Would have saved us the headache of fighting that jackass later, too.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

>>its good because of akiyama and… it just IS
            Cute that that is your response when your post was
            >it’s boring and poorly written… because it is IS okay??

Being able to play 4 separate characters was a breath of fresh air in Yakuza. Each of them had differing fighting styles (which would later be used as a reference for Kiryu’s stances in 0). Having the 4 protagonists stories start out separately, just to slowly grow closer and closer together until you realized they were all connected was fun.
            It was also fun to see the Yakuza world from other view points than just Kiryus. Being able to play a loanshark and a policeman was cool. Akiyama is also the most charismatic Yakuza protagonist.
            The game looked quite a lot better than Yakuza 3 did. Seeing the rain and the puddles on the pavement when exiting Akiyamas office for the first time in Y4 blew my mind. It looked and played so much better than Y3.
            Tons of kino moments like the walk-up to the millenium tower at the end, the Ramen shop shootout (yes even after you find out about rubber bullets), Majima and Saejima getting to meet again after a long time, any others.
            BUTTERFLY CITY SUPER FLY CITY

Eat shit faux-apathetic lowercasemelanoid

Anonymous

the only good yakuza games are 2 on the ps2 and 0 if you’re a newfag

Anonymous

>all the pros of 4 are just things 5 also did but better

holy shit

Anonymous

Literally everything in 5 that mirrors 4 is worse
                Saejimas story is just a copy of what he goes through in 4
                Taxi driver Kiryu sucks
                The baseball melanoid sucks I don’t even remember his name
                Akiyama is still good
                Honestly didn’t hate Harukas part as much as others seem to, other than YUME
                All their minigames are honestly boring as fuck but I still 100%’d all of them. Once you realize how the rubber banding works in Taxi driving you never lose again. Baseball was a chore. Mountain hunting was a chore. There was way too much filler with Haruka’s instead of just more fun dancing.
                Also the 3 new cities in 5 fucking SUCKED.
                Y4 adding the undergrounds and the rooftops to Kamurocho was a better addition than any of these 3 boring, linear cities. Kiryu’s city was sort of passable. Saejimas and baseballguys were absolute bores.
                Harukas entire storyline is incredibly forced. Lots of people fucking FOUGHT for her to get to where she is and she just goes "oh nvm xD" at the very end?
                If Y3 didn’t exist, Y5 would be the worst Yakuza.

Anonymous

>Taxi driver Kiryu sucks
                  >The baseball melanoid sucks I don’t even remember his name
                  put on a trip so i can filter you

Anonymous

you’re right on all counts, except 3 is kino.

Anonymous

>If Y3 didn’t exist, Y5 would be the worst Yakuza.
                  6 exists

Anonymous

Yes, and it’s the 2nd best Yakuza game

Anonymous

Low tier bait anon.

Anonymous

Yes, and it’s the 2nd best Yakuza game

>Shinada sucks
                  >6 is good
                  I’m sorry for responding to such low quality bait

Anonymous

>hating Shinada
                  Fucking filtered to hell and back. Damn.

Anonymous

i liked shinada’s voice actor but i don’t know. i didn’t hate him i guess but i kind of wish he wasn’t just forgotten. loved the scene where he fights daigo.

Anonymous

God damn

Anonymous

>Watch a 15 minute recap video on youtube
        Heh.

Anonymous

I should not have bothered to do all the substories for 3, it was not fucking worth it

Anonymous

>"let´s try this substory"
        >have to memorize some retard script for a movie
        >restart game and never touch a substory again

Anonymous

successfully filtered, now fuck off

Moose
      Anonymous

WHY would you even play 3? Most of us didn’t have a choice back then. If you know a game is irredeemable dogshit, then skip it and read summaries.

Anonymous

Playing a game is always better than reading a fucking summary

Anonymous

I personally love 3 but I feel like I’m the only one so I probably have shit taste or severe brain damage.

Anonymous

dont worry bro I like 3 too

3>2 tbh

Anonymous

>Mine
          >Rikiya
          >Ryudo boss
          >Majima moments
          >Kiryu being a dad SoL (fuck you I liked it)
          >Ryukyu
          3 has alot of great things going for it, but it was the first (mainline) HD era game and it shows. the main plot being centered around land politics wasn’t terribly interesting either

Anonymous

game has a lot of really fucking good parts but it takes it’s sweet fucking time to get there.

Anonymous

Kiwami 2 barely runs on potato at 30 fps and I want to continue playing these games so badly…

Anonymous

i felt that pretty quickly and am on hiatus after being 0 – 2 in a month and a half

Anonymous

what the fuck were they thinking with kiwami
      0 did everything better
      kiwami is not only a fucking slog but they somehow manage to make the combat even worse

Anonymous

Kiwami if full of bad design choices that pile on more and more as you progress.

Anonymous

Why is yakuza combat so exponentially dogshit?
      I understand I’m not supposed to use my brain while playing yakuza but after playing though the brawler games 1-6 I feel like my IQ dropped exponentially thanks to the combat
      Why can’t RGGS add depth and skill to it? do they think their audience is comprised of braindead idiot monkeys?

Anonymous

The story in 4 is so goddamn stupid.
      AGGNT

Anonymous

It’s one of the easiest games in the series, i do not get this meme.

Anonymous

I loved Yakuza 3. Dadryu forever.

Anonymous

You should see 5

Anonymous

What the hell do people see in Mine?

Anonymous

In your what?

Anonymous

it sucks so much

Anonymous

Beautiful eyes

Anonymous

>minigame master
      FUCK POOL FUCK POOL

Anonymous

I enjoyed it. My completion percentage at the end of the game was 9.59%

Anonymous

It’s an enjoyable game for sure, the combat is really brutal and you can just bruise some goon’s face in real time unlike the others after 4. I liked the bruises and blood goons would get.

Anonymous

>combat eventually devolves into every single boss blocking all your attacks
      >half of the substories are either 2 minutes long, having to be god tier at a minigame or an incredibly boring grind to fill up all the hostesses meters
      >the main story is one of the absolute worst ever written for a game, full of excessive padding and incredibly stupid soap opera plot twists
      >the true villains goal literally can’t happen and he should know that

Absolutely hated this game, hope 4 is better when I get to it

Anonymous

4’s story is even worse but the individual stories in 4 are all collectively better than 3 as a whole, I enjoyed 4 a lot and it’s high up there in my RGG tier lists because of how fun it is.

Anonymous

4 was my least favorite. people still shill for it because it has an extremely strong start though.

Anonymous

>people still shill for it
          Point me to them because I dont see them
          Every /VGG/ threads I see nothing but 3 and 4 hate and people uriging to skip 4 and "rubber bulletz"

Anonymous

i see more people saying they liked 4 than hated it. its always just because of akiyama though. most that say they like 4 have no justification other than him being in it, like they dropped the game as soon as part 1 ended and memoryholed the whole thing.

4 is entirely too boring and poorly written in general, and part 2 in particular is possibly the worst section in the entire series.

Anonymous

>its always just because of akiyama though.

>skipping 4
              and missing out on the best and most comfy character ever? Nah.

nailed it.

Anonymous

Well that’s a damn shame, I liked 4 through and through and not just because Akiyama. The whole game felt like a breath of fresh air, the long battles were fun, Tanimura was fun, Saejima was fun but his sections were trash and the story wasnt good but it doesn’t drag on forever like 5’s which is both trash and a keeps going forever.
              4 is a good game and it also has the best Kamurocho with rooftops rain and explorable sewers.

Anonymous

>skipping 4
            and missing out on the best and most comfy character ever? Nah.

Anonymous

Y3 is good you nog. Y4 is the one that’s really bad.

Anonymous

Y4 isn’t jank and has Akiyama so its immediately considerably better lol

Anonymous

Y4 has a bad story, bad characters (except Akiyama), I don’t really think the rooftops and like 5 feet of underground is a significant enough addition (and the fact it was never brought back makes me think the devs agreed), there’s nothing really all that fun about it, even the music sounds lifeless and half-assed.

Anonymous

>even the music sounds lifeless and half-assed.
              But 4 has great tracks tho

Anonymous

One modern Yakuza game is enough, you’ve played them all by that point. I stopped after 4 before this became a huge ironic weeb meme series, 2 is the only must-play of them.

Anonymous

Just breeze through the main story. Osaka is peak comfy though, I remember always buying milktea in the open market

Anonymous

HOW THE FUCK DO I DEATH RACE?

I CAN’T GET PAST THE TUTORIAL

Moose

You need to get near enemies and then slam into them with square attacks. Once you beat all the mooks you then move onto the boss battle which is a race. Keep two boosts on you at all times, the rest are throwaways to keep up with the boss. You can also use boosts to damage enemies for the same as one square hit which is useful in later levels. Enemies appear in "waves" unless you use a boost to get ahead at which point those guys neat you are the "current wave" until the guy at the tail end catches up again. There’s a very heavy rubberbanding system at this point.

Drift around corners to buff up your meter. If you’re going too fast and hit a wall you take damage and knock the meter down. Make sure you’re not drifting at low speeds (50 or less) because the rival will get too far ahead.

Hold R1/L1 when any item is going to hit you. If you wait until it’s closer to you you build up the boost meter but if you hold it for a while and then get hit you’ll earn no meter. Holding R1/L1 slightly lowers your speed for as long as you hold it. You can’t block during wheelies so wheelies are nearly always garbage (It also doesn’t help during the Made in Heaven races the stage itself can damage you when you wheelie for no reason).

It only seems hard, the hardest part about it are the guys who kick/slap you with a pipe but once you know what their bike looks like it’s really not that bad to deal with them. The boss is impossible to go past 100km before they catch up to you so don’t waste your boosts, you just need to stay neck and neck until the last 600m at which point you spam boosts. Make sure you buy all the bike upgrades immediately on top of that. If you have the School Stories pack the motorcycle is the best in the game (It’s a cheat bike).

Anonymous

so i shouldn’t be using boosts on the mooks?

Moose

You can use them on the mooks as long as you keep one in reserve. You should always have two in reserve on the boss fight. Again, there’s a rubberbanding system to make it so you can’t get to the head of the pack since it very quickly makes everyone like 200km/h faster until you go back to the guy at the back. The whole point is that you make sure you have a boost on hand at any given time because it’s really easy to fall 300km behind the leader sometimes and if you fall 400ish it ends the match. If your bike starts puffing smoke a second time (So your meter is sparking) quit out, it’s not worth the effort or pain to keep going because you die in like one more hit and your speed is massively lowered.

Anonymous

that makes sense now, it just feels like the fireworks are inconsistent, sometimes they blow up right away othertimes they take forever, it tends to mess with my block timing.

Moose

Fireworks are shot differently. If you see a guy with a rocket launcher aimed upward it’s an instant one, if you see them shoot it ahead of them it’s a delayed one.

Anonymous

I got the platinum in Yakuza 3 which requires hitting the completion mark on every minigame. The gambling wasn’t even bad because of the RNG, they just take forever because they restrict you to low betting amounts at first when you have to win like 20k tokens or some bullshit. The "in one sitting" ones are all cheesable with cheat items.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Now do 0
        You have no cheat items so good luck.

Anonymous

I’m playing in release order so it’ll be after I finally get around to 4, Dead Souls and 5.

Anonymous

>I’m playing in release order
            Get ready to cum when you play 0. It’s such a rewarding experience to go through if you’re a long time series fan.

Anonymous

I’ve always heard good things so I hope so. Hopefully I don’t forget too many character names and small events by the time I get there, that’s my usual downfall.

Anonymous

Most of the cameos are pretty big names anyway so as long as you were paying a modicum of attention to Majima and Kiryu you’ll be fine
                Also playable majima is god tier.

Anonymous

Never played any yakuza titles, where should I start? Do I start with yakuza 1? Is it available on ps4? I only have a ps4.

Anonymous

Anon all of them are available in PS4. Start with 0 and then work your way up to 7 and the judgment games.

They’re not bad by themselves but the final climax battle where you have to fight them all consecutively within the time limit can be frustrating

True but they were fun, I finished the final climax battle against Komaki with a second left and got the plat. Fun times.

Moose

>I only have a ps4.
        If you can’t emulate 1 and 2 on your PC then just start with 0, K1, K2, Remastered Collection, 6, Judgment, 7 (Like a Dragon), and then Lost Judgment.
        Fist of the North Star is optional.

If you can emulate 1 and 2 then just go in release order substituting the Remastered Collection games for when you’d play 3, 4, and 5. Then go into 0, K1, 6, K2, Judgment, 7, Lost Judgment.

Don’t buy the whole series and don’t play multiples in a row until you know you like the series, seriously. So many people seem to buy everything and find out they don’t like how 1 or 0 are structurally. They’re also easy to burn out on because of reused content all over the place so you need to take them slowly.

Anonymous

> ordeal
      As leader of the ESL community of the 4th channel, i would require of you to not use words that i don’t understand

Anonymous

played 0, 1, and 2. should i play 3-6 or just catch up on story and skip to 7. the idea of 4 more games of beat em up isn’t that appealing

Anonymous

just stop entirely

Anonymous

3 to 6 all have decent moments. they’re not the total write offs people act like they are if you actually want to experience the whole series. do they have real rotten acts? yeah, but theres still some kino in all of them.

Anonymous

>3 to 6 all have decent moments. they’re not the total write offs people act like they are if you actually want to experience the whole series. do they have real rotten acts? yeah
            I unironically played them for the gameplay.

Anonymous

i enjoy the gameplay in mostly all of the games too. 6 really, really tried my patience but ended up being alright, you get used to the janky physics.

Anonymous

i don’t disagree.
            i just think if he’s acting like this, he should just drop the series entirely.

Anonymous

i guess. i absolutely went into the series determined to experience all of it so going into it without that intention is a little stupid imo. its not a series you should half ass yeah.

Anonymous

on that note i will also say the haruka shit in 5 was genuinely some of the worst fucking shit i had to experience in the entire franchise. the minigames weren’t even good, it went on for what felt like an eternity. then the bitch is hardly even in 6, fuck.

Anonymous

Haruka substory was fun BUT overstayed it’s welcome. Even when I maxed out the fans, I still kept getting new side missions. Also, I was expecting an Akiyama substory but he got sidelined to be Haruka’s protege. Game makes up for it in the main story though

Anonymous

>the idea of 4 more games of beat em up isn’t that appealing
        You’ll replace that for an even more mediocre turn based system in 7 so might as well drop the series.

Anonymous

Have you considered taking a break and then playing the other games? I think you’re missing out if you skip them.

Anonymous

why are you even playing video games if the idea of more of them isnt appealing?

Anonymous

because i like video games, you overdramatic fuck. i know what the combat will be like since i’ve experienced 3 games of it of it already, that’s the unappealing part, more of what i already know.

Anonymous

if you already know it and it isnt appealing, then you dont like it. so stop playing them. why are in Ganker asking people if you should keep playing a game you dont like?

Anonymous

maybe somebody was in similar position to me and found it was worth playing all the games through.
              >a game you dont like?
              i liked the ones i played but the combat gets repetitive, that’s all. you’re weirdly defensive.

Anonymous

>should i keep playing them?
                >doesnt seem like you like them so no
                >WHY ARE YOU SO DEFENSIVE

then play them, you fucking autist. holy shit, make up your mind.

Anonymous

So you don’t like video games

Anonymous

Damn I thought I liked the first 3. Oh well, selling my PC now.

Anonymous

4 is kino and 5 is pretty great too until it shits the bed hard at the end

Anonymous

>should i play 3-6 or just catch up on story and skip to 7.
        If you want to play 7 so bad just fucking skip 3-6 and come back to them, retard.
        Their stories have next to no bearing on Yakuza 7’s plot outside of some allusions and small references.

I don’t get people who watch videos of games rather than just playing them. Least of all the Yakuza series, which is more about the game than it is about the story.

Anonymous

you can really tell when a poster on here got gassed by the fighting tree and upgrades when they start slowly hating 3, 4, and 5. the game gets slowly harder, meanwhile theyre still making the same dogshit tier mistakes fighting

Anonymous

You sure posted some words there but I don’t think they formed any sort of legible sentence

Anonymous

mashing square and not defending or dodging bad

Anonymous

Can someone explain yakuza games to me, when some youtubers or streamers play it all they do is run around the same fucking alleyways and fight the same gangs over and over

Anonymous

Maybe if you watched less streams and played more games you would get it

Anonymous

The gameplay structure is incredibly simple
        -Small open world city hub but very small
        -Objective is in X part of town
        -Mobs of gangs and thugs harass you like JRPG random encounters for either money or items
        -Plethora of minigames, restaurants to recover health, trainers for skills and fighting and side quests scattered around
        And that’s it, you just bounce back and forth between the main story and the leisure.

Anonymous

Id like to play it but this kinda makes it sound like Ubisoft grindfest and I dont like grindfests or gacha like games. The cutscenes and dialogues seem fun but the loop seem off.

Moose

As someone who loves Ubisoft grindfests, it’s not. Unless you are touching the completion list (Which is entirely optional) you can avoid the vast majority of combat on the streets if you want to but the game will make you want to do it for Heat Actions and just because it’s fun to swing a bike at someone, and substories/minigames become something you do as a distraction from the main story for fun. They always encourage you to do side content to take a break from the main story and even try to balance the games around that.

You can emulate 1 to get the general gist of it if you don’t want to spend money since all future games are mostly the same just more refined with combat, less loading screens, more areas to visit within Kamurocho (Or even new maps), more minigames, and a proper camera instead of fixed camera streets. Or give 0 a try and see if you like it at all since it’s cheap anyway and starts you with about a decade of refinement in every avenue.

Anonymous

nah its as grindy as you want it to be, the map is too small to be ubishit grind, the main courses are just the narrative and main story scenarios and the side quests which are just basic X happens and X gets beat up
            the minigame 100% autism is a grindfest but it’s entirely optional, these games allow to be entirely casually played and still remain enjoyable.
            if you fall down the completionist rabbithole in yakuza you’ll burn yourself out and ruin the experience like that tripfag moose.

Moose

>if you fall down the completionist rabbithole in yakuza you’ll burn yourself out and ruin the experience
              What are you talking about? It’s different for everyone. I love the series dearly and love going for the completion list unless they ask me for stupid requirements and even then I’ve grinded for far, FAR worse requirements than any of these games provide. You won’t burn out unless you binge multiple games in a row, and even I’m able to handle around three 100% runs in a row. Hell, there’ve been people here who did the entire series 100% in a row when everything ended up coming out on PC.

As long as you know when you feel tired of the series and stop accordingly there’s nothing wrong. Hell, people who don’t even touch the completion list or Amon get burn out simply because of Kamurocho and the reused movesets.

Anonymous

Go away, Moose.

Anonymous

they should have just done an akiyama spin off instead of judgement honestly.

Anonymous

3 felt like a comfy dreamcast game. don’t know why people hate it so much.

Anonymous

>abloo bloo this is an ordeal!!!
      >my fingers hurt, it’s too difficult!!!
      damn, this melanoid UGLY

Anonymous

Ugly melanoid.

Anonymous

KWAUMFBN

Anonymous

beat em ups are boring lol

Anonymous

not as boring as turn based games tho

Anonymous

>forced golfing story quest with the principal
      dropped it there

Anonymous

just lose bro

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

yakuza 3 is kino

Anonymous

they’re gonna tease Y8 on april fools and it’s a weird ARPG thing
      this is how they’ll tease every new mainline game.

Anonymous

Kiryu just feels like a wet fart, espies if you just came off of Kiwami 2

Anonymous

You started the series with 0 didn’t you? Lol

Anonymous

I always read the Tset logo as TEET.

Anonymous
      Moose

It’s criminal they lock these things to DLC.

Anonymous

so it’s not this one, but I’ve seen videos where he can just slow down time to a crawl but he moves at normal speed, what kind of fucking detective power is that

Moose

what is this slow down time power
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7DVdoep94

I feel like Yagami’s trying to take on the Amon family with his newfound powers.

Anonymous

Isn’t Amon a menu bossfight now? Like they don’t even give him any substory or lore in LJ.

Moose

No, he’s in the base game with a substory. The Gauntlet DLC fight is the same fight without healing.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUKzXJaTjY

Anonymous

Without spoilers what does he think about Yagami regarding his powerlevel and the such? And where does this leave him in the scale after defeating Juzo?

Moose

I still haven’t gotten to that point yet but based on the short webm I saw of what he can actually do, Yagami’s gotta be pretty strong overall. We’re talking 5, Ishin, and FotNS levels of magic here.

Anonymous

Damn now I’m kinda wondering how Yagami would fare against a 5 Kiryu.

Moose

If we’re comparing pure gameplay and none of the story-related stuff then Kiryu would still probably be at the top of the food chain with Saejima and Tatsuya but Yagami is teetering on their level. The fact he has four styles mastered (One of which he just made up), handles Kiryu-level gauntlets, and pretty much slaughters handfuls of mooks in a multitude of ways in LJ really makes him out to be a powerhouse. Tiger alone is like a mini Saejima in terms of power.

If we’re comparing story then Kiryu would thrash him even when he was at his untrained state in 0. As of LJ he’s surpassed Shinada and Tanimura but I personally wouldn’t say he’s any higher than that at all. He’s durable as hell though, pretty sure his brain’s been scrambled more times than any MC at this point and he still beats the hell out of everyone.

Anonymous

Issue is Kiryu had some real hitters, Shibusawa, Mine, Aizawa, Ryuji not to mention Richardson and Black Monday plus the entire Dojima, Hakuho and Nishikiyama families were all the best and he always came out on top, even as an untrained 20yro against a dragon like Shibusawa
                        Yagami’s opponents have been two bit thugs, students, security guards and low tier yakuza members
                        You can argue Kuroiwa was on the level of the ones aformentioned but that was the single time Yagami was faced with something THAT big. Most of the bosses he goes through in J1 are mooks Kiryu would’ve bitchslapped in a substory in any of his games.

Moose

That’s from a story standpoint, and like I said Kiryu would destroy Yagami even when he was in 0. From a story standpoint Yagami has only really gone past Ichiban, Shinada, and Tanimura’s feats but falls short of anyone else. Akiyama has defended Theater Square from an entire defected Omi Alliance pretty much singlehandedly once Kiryu left him alone which Yagami’s not even close to doing though there is the warehouse at the end of LJ that elevates him a bit even if he had help.

From a gameplay standpoint Yagami fights a lot of rough guys and they’re typically armed with weaponry of some kind. Even though Tesso is low on the food chain his dodges and claws do ridiculous damage in addition to him speeding around the arena, and Soma can pretty much teleport during his attacks. Ignoring the fly in the room that is Kuroiwa and Kuwana as well. Even here Kiryu’s way above his level, but at this point he’s taking on hordes of enemies solo, and we know for a fact he took on at least around half of the hundred men in that warehouse on top of Soma AND Kuwana back to back which gives him a gauntlet that’s longer than anyone but Kiryu, Musashi [spoiler]attacking Tenkai’s castle and Ryoma attacking Tokugawa’s castle I think.[/spoiler]

Anonymous

this is reaching saints row level of nonsense

Anonymous

tendo’s boss fight is the most boring "final" boss fight in the series.
      whoever thought a damage sponge that spams the same few piss poor damage punches, with the occasional easily avoidable OHKO needs a slap up the back of the head.
      the only good parts of that fight is the intro, middle scene, end scene with the trading bloiws, and the music.

Anonymous

>the only good part is everything except the gameplay

thats 7 in a nutshell

Anonymous

yeah that’s literally 7 in a nutshell homie all the bossfights are awkward as fuck.

yeah, they all blow.
          tendo sticks out to me in terms of how bad they get though.

Anonymous

and sawashiro too, such a cool dynamic intro and then its just boom 4 niggas in a row standing
            the least they could’ve done is an ARPG instead of just turn based crapshit.

Anonymous

sawashiro would’ve been sick in an action title, since he’s got the various stances.
              in this they all basically have one or two moves, and it’s the most pathetic thing.

Anonymous

>and sawashiro too, such a cool dynamic intro and then its just boom 4 niggas in a row standing
              For this boss fight I actually let Sawashiro kill my other 3 party members before just using Ichiban in a one on one with him.
              It was actually somewhat shit of a boss fight like that since every other move I had to heal because he would just spam a move over and over that would leave Ichiban near dead (and he would counter you if you attacked him 90% of the time anyways) but I liked the challenge, whereas it would have been a cake walk and totally not thematic at all if I had all of my party members gang rape him.

Anonymous

yeah that’s literally 7 in a nutshell homie all the bossfights are awkward as fuck.

Anonymous

Yakuza 3 is the best in series.

Anonymous

BUTTERFLY CITY

Anonymous

KIMI WA SUTTO SUTTO

Anonymous
      Anonymous

what is this slow down time power
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7DVdoep94

Anonymous

it’s za warudo

Anonymous

smart ass

Anonymous

yagami awakened a stand through his sheer detective powers, first he can suspend dudes in the air for juggle combos, now he can become dio himself
            next game he will probably ascend to detective heaven and just smite fools from the clouds

Anonymous

Still better than 7.

Anonymous

>my god this game is an ordeal

Anonymous

fuck pool

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.