Name a fan project that’s more based than this. Also Morrowind thread.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Name a fan project that’s more based than this. Also Morrowind thread.

• This topic has 259 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Name a fan project that’s more based than this. Also Morrowind thread.

Anonymous

how big is it supposed to be

Anonymous

It’s now bigger than Skyrim. Tamriel Rebuilt is releasing a new expansion next month I think too.

Anonymous

>next month
          lol means 8 months minimum

Anonymous

Stop. I need some copium after I finish all the content so far, the Indoril quests are pretty cool so far.

Anonymous

That’s easy, the complete group of projects that are reassembling Tamriel in TES3.

The scale in TES III is 1.5x the scale in Skyrim/Oblivion, the cell sizes are not the same.

Anonymous

Surprised by how well made those expansions are. Morrowboomer skyrim is actually interesting as a setting.

Anonymous

It’s crazy since so many other projects spiral into "references to my gf or thinly veiled references to my fetish" The developers identified one thing early, the combat in Morrowind is shit, so quests are designed around their story/world building.

TR is so based, I hope my grandchildren get to play it in full
              Also daily reminder, to switch your engine to OpenMW

>hasn’t been upated in a year

Anonymous

>hasn’t been updated in a year
                0.47 has been ready for a long while, the team just finds something to get stuck over and the release get delayed for half a year.
                True chads play on daily builds, or compile it themselves anyway

OpenMW is based too, Messing around with wyre mash and MGEXE and MWSE can be really fucking annoying. Plus the less normies shit up TR the better.

agreed

Anonymous

https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/milestones
                  I know it’s just whack that they’ve not had a release in so long, although I didn’t realize that .47 was actually 100% complete the git says that it’s no longer a milestone, and .48 is looking good, map zoom was implemented after being pushed back constantly for releases.

Anonymous

https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/milestones
                  I know it’s just whack that they’ve not had a release in so long, although I didn’t realize that .47 was actually 100% complete the git says that it’s no longer a milestone, and .48 is looking good, map zoom was implemented after being pushed back constantly for releases.

I’ve been playing on the 0.47RC for a while since object paging allowed me to finally push the fog radius out without shitass pop-in. That and the incoming script extender were the only reasons to keep using the original engine. I broadly avoid nightlies for things like this where a save could get fucked but I suppose I ought to ask how stable OpenMW’s are and whether the 0.48 stuff implemented as yet makes it worthwhile.

Really I’d like to see them make more progress on the construction set. I’ve been using it since my copy of Morrowind didn’t come with the Beth CS but god damn do its missing features and weirdness, but especially the complete and utter lack of any meaningful documentation or searchable discussion, keep making me consider switching and relearning shit.

Anonymous

Even if you used the latest version there’s a lack of content that actually takes advantage of new features, especially with the current implementation not being complete, like Lua isn’t stored in the .omwaddon file, although that’s being worked on, there’s a bunch of new features on the horizon that will make it worth using but it’s nothing like .47s distant statics.
                    Currently there’s zooming on the world map which allows you to seamlessly move between local and world map, and scales the cell markers too. There’s an incoming navmesh baking feature that lets you pre compute the mavmeshes through a launcher menu and stores the ones you generate on the fly within a disk cache, hopefully they do the same for distant terrain, having it on greatly increases loading times because it generates the distant terrain every single time. There’s Lua, which is the obvious big changer, it just depends on how it’s handled, I fully expect people to just lua script new functionality that should be hard coded into the engine, things like an NPC scheduling or customization system. There’s Post processing support which is big but with Morrowind’s assets is also kind of meh, there’s reverse Z-buffer depth which fixes the z-fighting you see on distant terrain, https://streamable.com/j6o84y https://streamable.com/bq64tt.
                    Overall it’s not quite as good as .47 until you start seeing major Lua mods.

>The developers identified one thing early, the combat in Morrowind is shit
                    >doesn’t develop ways of actually improving the combat

That is well beyond the scope of the project, which is to implement the rest of Morrowind, as OpenMW matures, mods that make changes like that will come into existence and projects like Tamriel Rebuilt will end up adopting them as they become the new standard.

Anonymous

>It’s crazy since so many other projects spiral into "references to my gf or thinly veiled references to my fetish"
                Morrowind attracts a different kind of autism than Skyrim or Oblivion, it’s understandable

Anonymous

Morrowind goes out of its way to get you immersed in the world, is the main difference.

Anonymous

There’s increasingly more and more trannies in the community, trans rights parades are an inevitability.

Anonymous

>increasingly more and more
                    This seems redundant. Stop wasting your words like a woman.

Anonymous

I remember some troon made a mod to remove all the references to rape in the main game because it "made her relive trauma". Everyone besides some losers rightfully bullied him for it and dilated from the nexus forums and swore to never make another mod lmao

Anonymous

Must have been ages ago since these days they would be supported, awarded and deified for being stunning and brave.

Anonymous

It was the "sexual content remover" mod. There was few sad sacks on reddit that gushed about but most of everyone was just annoyed and even hostile to it. The discussion forum on it’s nexus page got locked soon after it was released kek

Anonymous

>remove all the references to rape in the main game
                      there’s like one?

Anonymous

Fucking normies get off my morrowind
                        pic rel.

Anonymous

oh wow I had forgotten about Curio lmao

Anonymous

Curio is a sigma

Anonymous

>The developers identified one thing early, the combat in Morrowind is shit

Anonymous

Engine limitations, you nonce. Gotta wait for OpenMW to expand that frontier.

Anonymous

They did. It’s called Morroblivion

Anonymous

Tamriel Rebuilt was never mean’t to overhaul Morrowind’s combat (something that’s quite impossible)

Anonymous

>doesn’t build your character around *weapon skill" + Agility (hit chance)
                  >wtf why am I not hitting anything 🙁

Anonymous

>have to dump stats into Agility just for your weapon to hit anything

Anonymous

Your weapon skill also affects your hit chance. A swordsman whose trained in swords would be complete shit with bows.

Anonymous

>Anon doesn’t know what a dump stat is

Anonymous

I’d rather dump stats into how hard it can hit or how fast it can hit instead of needing to dump precious points just for my weapon to hit

Anonymous

>Anon STILL doesn’t know what a dump stat is

Anonymous

That’s what potions and spells that boost attributes are for.

Anonymous

>precious points
                        u wot m8

Anonymous
                  Anonymous

Engine limitations, you nonce. Gotta wait for OpenMW to expand that frontier.

just use one of the "always hit! mods from the nexus, most of them are compatible with openmw. It s more of a bandaid but it’s better than that bizarre dice roll system they went for

Anonymous

Just make sure to get the one that is actually balanced instead of just giving a 100% hit chance.

Anonymous

>Bizarre
                    Not remotely if you’re treating it like an RPG and not an action game.

Anonymous

Hard to do when everything about the visuals conveys it being an action game.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

That would have worked better for the style of combat they were going for, but no, I wouldn’t have preferred it as I hate the glorified spreadshseet simulations people pass of as RPGs.

Anonymous

>I hate RPGs
                        Why are you playing an RPG then?

Anonymous

I’m not, I’m playing a weird spreadsheet simulator action RPG hybrid that I modded into a pure action RPG because the hybrid approach they chose clearly didn’t work.

Anonymous

being an RPG doesn’t mean it has to be a spreadsheet simulator

Anonymous

That’s literally their definition of RPG.

Anonymous

You want action games. Go play DMC or something.

Anonymous

why didn’t they just decide on one or the other? Either make the combat turn based with the diecrolls or have the 1st3rd person action combat to which dicerolls aren’t conducive – they picked both and it doesn’t work

Anonymous

Works pretty well as long as you’re not that retard that’s fighting with no fatigue and the iron dagger instead of a weapon you have tagged as your major skill.

You diverse folk think you want Skyrim but Morrowind as an action game would’ve been more like Gothic, where trying to use a weapon at low skill made you flail around slowly like a retard. You’d probably squeal about that too.

I’m not, I’m playing a weird spreadsheet simulator action RPG hybrid that I modded into a pure action RPG because the hybrid approach they chose clearly didn’t work.

>Action
                        >RPG
                        Oh you wish.

Anonymous

I want a game where progressing feels somewhat meaningful and things don’t just become spongier at higher levels. This would be a combination of better enemy AI, better gear, better skills mostly. The same would be true for the PC as well of course. But this would require AI that’s not complete fucking brain dead and just lets you stealth snipe it without reacting till you are maxxed out.

Anonymous

well it’s pretty obvious to use your tagged weapon, but early game you will miss a lot and its just to see a clear hit not do any damage. the lvling is also fucked in elder scrolls you’re better putting most used skillsas a minor skill

Anonymous

>early game you will miss a lot
                        Again, no you won’t. Your hit chance should be over 80% as long as you’re using a weapon under the skill you set as major and have good fatigue.
                        >A clear hit
                        See, again, you don’t get that this isn’t going to work unless enemies are fast and constantly dodge. Action combat does not fit this game.
                        >Leveling is fucked in elder scrolls
                        In Oblivion and Skyrim. Morrowind? Not so much. In Morrowind leveling is only for overworld spawns and pulls from different enemy lists, and doesn’t inflate their stats or skills. Most dungeons and such also have static spawns. You won’t even notice it in Morrowind.

I want a game where progressing feels somewhat meaningful and things don’t just become spongier at higher levels. This would be a combination of better enemy AI, better gear, better skills mostly. The same would be true for the PC as well of course. But this would require AI that’s not complete fucking brain dead and just lets you stealth snipe it without reacting till you are maxxed out.

Why do I feel like half of this is based on Oblivion? Morrowind is not a game of damage sponges.

Anonymous

>Action combat does not fit this game
                        Then they shouldn’t have made it look like one. If I see my heavy ass hammer clearly hitting an enemy and the game just tells me "you missed :^)" then that’s bad fucking design, no way around it.

Anonymous

So you want the world to freeze and for you to stand in place while there’s a turn read out. Look, this game isn’t for you. which is why you’re modding it to be on easy mode instead of you hitting 80+% of your attacks for five levels then 99% the rest of the time.

Anonymous

That’s a you problem. It must suck to be just autistic enough to be bothered by that but not enough to be able to realize it’s just a form of abstraction like almost everything else in almost every game ever made.

Anonymous

It’s a terrible abstraction.

Anonymous

>early game you will miss a lot and its just to see a clear hit not do any damage
                        If you’re missing a lot against an enemy, while using a weapon you’re proficient in and you have full Fatigue, and you’re doing no damage when you do hit, then you shouldn’t be fighting that enemy. Leave and come back later. You don’t have to do everything all at once.

And while the leveling system is retarded, it doesn’t matter too much in Morrowind, because scaling is pretty limited and it doesn’t inflate enemy stats into the stratosphere.

Anonymous

unironically a combat log would make morrowind’s combat sit better with people, if you could just see a little "you swing at fuckface, fuckface parries your attack!" so you get some kind of feedback even when you fail the attack roll

Anonymous

It doesn’t though

Anonymous

understandable for turn based or an isometric crpg but it doesn’t work with the style of combat morrownind went for which is just standard 1st/3rd person combat but with dice rolls added

Just make sure to get the one that is actually balanced instead of just giving a 100% hit chance.

I did mean the 100% one, should only miss if the thing youre hitting isn’t in your cross hair

Anonymous

I meant that he should get the mod that also balances other values around 100% hit chance instead of just changing that one thing. Forgot what it’s called though.

Anonymous

>Elswyr is just a big hole
            They’re planning on doing High Rock after/along with Skyrim and Cyrodill, yeah? Wonder what province they’ll go for once those are nearing completion.

Anonymous

Most of the other projects are dummy projects that are only being designed for lore consistency rather than actul projects, although Elsweyr was at one time a project with developers who created content, it just died out, I wouldn’t say there’s any guarantee that modders from Shotn, TR, or PC end up on other projects, High Rock doesn’t really move, unfortunately.

Anonymous

Is Skyrim Home of the Nords worth installing right now just to check out the current content? Seems like it is the only mod other than TR that actually has anything made for it

Anonymous

It has over 100 quests rn I think, most of the ruins are actually Altmer actually from the Direnni, one of the ruling mage dynasties of High Rock before they were kicked out. This guy does a review/walkthrough of it.
              https://youtu.be/RnyIQkJru3o

Anonymous

It has lots of content already, but it’s not fun being able to see the void.

Anonymous

whole Tamriel when?
      why doesn’t Ganker help develop it?

Anonymous

They’ve started developing skyrim and cyrodiil under the Project Tamriel team. Skyrim:Home of The Nords and Province:Cyrodiil are the project names.
        Can’t spam coomer threads about it.

Anonymous

It sucks because while I’m sure they’ll do a much, much better job than Bethesda I’m kinda more interested in the provinces we’ll never get a real game in. Or even High Rock since it’s been so long.

Anonymous

I believe there is also a project for High Rock and Valenwood in the planning stages too.

Anonymous

High Rock has some assets but Valenwood seems to be in the idea guys stage at most.

Anonymous

Fan projects are just headcanon.

Anonymous

c0da bitch

Anonymous

>working for free

Anonymous

That’s called having a hobby anon
        Playing games is not a hobby

Anonymous

TR is so based, I hope my grandchildren get to play it in full
      Also daily reminder, to switch your engine to OpenMW

Anonymous

OpenMW is based too, Messing around with wyre mash and MGEXE and MWSE can be really fucking annoying. Plus the less normies shit up TR the better.

Anonymous

FACT: Nords are the most powerful race on Nirn.

Anonymous

You are clumsy snowman

Anonymous

STEP ASIDE

Anonymous

>post an image with literally the most based armor imaginable: the Nordic Fur Turd helmet

Anonymous

Best concept armour is the House Dres Slave Hunter.

Anonymous

That is pretty based

Anonymous

I love their concept art on the great houses, especially Dres.

Anonymous

I love their concept art on the great houses, especially Dres.

I hope that their quests will legit let us go around doing some slaving, even if it’s no doubt going to be about a lot of political plays.

Anonymous

God, Oblivion was such a piece of shit.

Anonymous

Only thing good about it was the shivering isles. The mainquest would have been very interesting if they just focused on Mehrunes Dagon being a lord of *revolution* as well as destruction. Except we got level 50 ogres by the dozes in every cave from the retarded leveling.

Anonymous

Shivering Isles was better than base Oblivion, but only because the environments were more interesting. But even then, they were just "weird," without being well-thought out. Everything else is still Oblivion, though, from the abysmal gameplay to the juvenile writing, and a special dishonorable mention for Wes Johnson’s voice work as Sheogorath, which is one of the worst in any Bethesda game ever. So no, Shivering Isles is not "good." It’s just better than vanilla.

Anonymous

Shivering Isles will probably find it’s way into TES3, there’s already that Doors of Oblivion mod but it won’t really reach it’s potential until OpenMW supports additional world spaces.

Anonymous

There is a portion of Oblivion you can go to in TR. North of Almas Thirr there’s a quest giver at a daedric shrine who sends you there. Not sure if it’s in a separate worldspace but the TR team seems to have some way to implement at least portions of Oblivion in their mod.

Anonymous

Pretty good quest too. Wish they would bring in the more occult side of elder scrolls like with the quest with that necromancer in Old Ebonheart.

Anonymous

Shivering Isles is way too memey for my tastes. Also the environment seems like a "hey remember morrowind?" kinda thing

Anonymous

Remember when Nords thought magic was cool?

Anonymous

I wish Nord Tongue warlords were still thing. Dabbing on dark elf knive ears.

Anonymous

Jurgen Wind-caller was a mistake.

Anonymous

I love seeing most of the old lore cities being represented. Hate what Oblivion and Skyrim did turning so many into ruins and forts.

Anonymous

Based. Here’s my autistic province map

Anonymous

DANSTRAR

Anonymous
            Anonymous

>Wall is a whale
            Neat

Anonymous

Where else would you build a city?

Anonymous

I’d put my house in the mouth.

Anonymous

I’d take one of the eye sockets tbh

Trainwiz

You can’t afford that district, not on your salary

Anonymous

The jarl lives there

Anonymous

It’s actually a spooky sea serpent that an ancient Nord hero slayed singlehandedly

Anonymous

Absolute kino
            I can’t believe morrowind modders are making a better skyrim than skyrim.

Anonymous

What is the capital of old lore Skyrim?
        Whiterun?

Anonymous

It’s still Solitude, always has been since like Daggerfall. It was different only in Arena I think.

Anonymous

Here is pic of Solitude in Morrowind

Anonymous

am I blind or is it missing from this map?

FACT: Nords are the most powerful race on Nirn.

Anonymous

It’s called Haafingar in PT lore. It’s still called Solitude by the Imperials as it’s mostly isolated in a thick forest.

Anonymous

Haafingar is an old lore name for the city.

Anonymous

Same as modern lore Skyrim. Changed depending on the time period/where the king was from. Mostly Winterhold, Windhelm, and Solitude. I’m pretty sure Whiterun was capital once but only for a little bit. In the 3rd and 4th era, it’s Solitude.

Anonymous

>1st era no
        it was the dwemer
        >second era no
        They were at their peak late first to mid 2nd eras but Cyrodiil was at their peak with Tiber and Reman. Morrowind still had their gods.
        >3rd era no
        Empire was pretty powerful up until the oblivion crisis. Morrowind was powerful also until the Red year in the 4E 5
        >4th era no
        Divided and the Aldmeri dominion is buttfucking everyone. Black marsh is at peak power etc.
        Cope harder snowmonkey you were never on top

Anonymous

>putting Morrowind on the list at all
          lol even with their gods they did jack shit with it and still got conquered by Tiber they’re the jobbers of Tamriel

Anonymous

The thing about all the empires is, none of the three empires ever got anywhere without massive support from the Nords. They’ve established and re-established union from Alessia to Reman to Tiber. There’s never been a war of conquest towards Skyrim period, only civil wars, because Skyrim has always been completely gungho about uniting with Cyrodiil to form a human-dominated empire.

Anonymous

Always wanted to get into it but is it worth it? Seems so big idk where to even start. Also have they made it so you can start there yet? Feels weird going from your vvardenfell game to mainland

Anonymous

Yes! It’s very worth it to start right now. There’s some great content and locations finished. Although you can’t start on the mainland (something to do with hardcoded scripting) I usually make multiple characters to play thru each great house. House Indoril’s questline is really something tbh. I haven’t tried completing the mainquest as a member of House Indoril tho so idk how that works.

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure you can’t do the main quest with Indoril even with tamriel rebuilt. And I thought at this point in development you couldnt even join Indoril?

Anonymous

You can’t officially join yeah although a lot of quests feature them in the Aanthirin, something to do with their capital, Almalexia being of the last areas they’ll be developing.

Anonymous

Only played an hour of it a while ago but it was better than Tribunal or Bloodmoon. Amazing. I heard they are gonna fix do something with tribunal, too.

Anonymous

They’ve said that one of the last areas they”re going to finish is Almalexia and redoing Mournhold, it’s the highest point in Almalexia. You can walk around it with the preveiw .esp loaded.

Anonymous

Nice. Gonna check it out when I eventually play morrowind again.

Anonymous

Go for it, it’s a great project and perfect for roleplay. Just load the Mainland and Data .esp if you don’t want to walk thru unfinshed preview content.

Anonymous

Everything is going to be fixed, There’s already a Solstheim remaster, and there’s a few other new lands projects like Abecean Isles.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWjZYj29pRU
        And these definitely won’t be the last you see from remasters, they will have to be overhauled when new engine features open things up, and new standardized content like NPC scheduling and fully customizable NPCs become available.

Anonymous

That’s a nice fan project you got there. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it…

Anonymous

Bethsoft has actually been pretty reasonable with the OpenMW people.

Anonymous

They have to since they released the source code for morrowind a decade ago.

Anonymous

For all their moneygrubbing ways, Bethesda’s pretty soft on fan expansions and remake mods. They’re no Nintendo that’s for sure.

Anonymous

It looks like they’re going to add the southern Redoran area soon, that’ll be nice.

Anonymous

Did some of the Indoril quests, they’re pretty great. Helping out the guards in Bosmora was pretty fun even if my mage can’t speak for shit and couldn’t talk the guy down in the vault.
      The Indoril towns look great too, one of the best aesthetic styles so it’s nice to see it used outside just Mournhold.

Anonymous

I wanna see PC’s Imperial City so bad.

Anonymous

I can’t wait to see TR’s Mournhold in 20 years

Anonymous

I can’t wait to see TR’s Mournhold in 20 years

Just join the team and make it bro

Anonymous

By the time I learn to model or script they’ll probably already have the overworld done.

Anonymous

Would be a good way to pad out a portfolio tho

Anonymous

I learned to model while wiating for his project to get anywhere and now I’ve actually contributed content to the game, just do it, it’s not hard to learn any of these skills, and I picked up the construction kit in a day.

Anonymous

No fan project is based.

Anonymous

>t. Take-Two Interactive

Anonymous

Hope we get some moth ships.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

How are they designing the Imperial City? Basically making it like how it’s described in the PGE1? Also what’s with all those bodies of water around it, are those the rice fields

Anonymous

>are those the rice fields
          Yes

Is this from the project tamriel forums or the preview WIP?

It’s from their discord

Anonymous

Ah cool. Probably the only discord without coomer porn channels and trannies.

Trainwiz

Hot damn those are coming along good.

Anonymous

Especially considering, they’re still placeholder assets.

Trainwiz

That’s the good part about Morrowind, it’s old enough that it’s easy to make good looking assets for it.

Anonymous

Jungle biome Imperial City will be possible before I die……

Anonymous

Not so fast fucker!

Anonymous

>Hammerfell, Valenwood, and Elswyr locations on map
        What

Anonymous

Holy based

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

>mountains just kind of pop out of nowhere instead of slowly sinking into the lake
        Yup that’s Morrowind.

Anonymous

>Entire island chain is the city
        Good

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

Is this from the project tamriel forums or the preview WIP?

Anonymous

It’s probably from some autist who got ahead of themselves and most of their work will never actually make it into the final game, happens all the time, unfortunately, Province Cyrodil still hasn’t even completed Anvil, it still has Kvatch, Skingrad and Chorrol as the major cities it would need to start working on before it gets to even the shores of Lake Rumare.

Anonymous

If it’s anything like with TR they do the basic overworld map in a series of individual claims long, long before they have someone come in and do the full building layout and populating the place with surface dungeon architecture and other overworld features before later having others do interiors while separate people quests write. Plus it’s not like actual physical location always matters, you can again look at TR and how people have been fucking around with Narsis despite the overworld for the surrounding area not even being completed.

Anonymous

It’s really just getting ahead of itself, but cool nonetheless.

Anonymous

It’s a huge outlier in modding or just tech development how well TR get’s shit done. Slow, but that’s the reality when you rely on volunteers. Some of the lead developers must really have their shit together. The quality of their content notwithstanding.

Anonymous

>AN EVEN BIGGER MAP TO DO NOTHING IN
      wow

maybe you should have spent your time making something actually fucking dynamic happen in the game instead of copypasting the same gameplay except worse

the bottom line is this: no mods are ever good
      the makers are literally retarded addicts that how no idea why they like video games

Anonymous

I feel like ES6 is probably going to invigorate a Hammerfell project at some point in the future.

Anonymous

isn’t there already one in planning?

Anonymous

Not that I’m aware of, I know there’s people supposedly working on High Rock.

Anonymous

That game isn’t coming out until 2030

Trainwiz

>2030
          Damn, little optimistic aren’t you.

Anonymous

Think TR start work on Mournhold before TES IIIIII releases?

Anonymous

Aren’t you secretly Todd? Shouldn’t you know when TES6 comes out? I personally think they’re shooting for the 30th Daggerfall anniversary.

Trainwiz

We’re all Todd.

Anonymous

I don’t feel like Todd.

Trainwiz

You will.

Anonymous

I’m surprised Morrowind can even render that, would be neat link interiors/exteriors that way.

Trainwiz

>I’m surprised Morrowind can even render that
                  That’s because it’s using a bunch of tricks to do it.

Anonymous

I got something for you.
        https://streamable.com/0m1m1d
        Some based autist is trying to make Rihad by himself.

Anonymous

Absolute madman.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Anvil?

Anonymous

Sutch.

Anonymous

looks pretty cool. Hope they’re able to get some quests in it soon

Anonymous

Oh yeah, Sutch is on a lake. Or did they move it west to the coast?

Anonymous

It’s on a salt like with a smaller ocean port downriver

Anonymous

What a nice place.

Anonymous

I’m in love. Vague Dark Messiah feels.

All of these mod screenshots look incredible, especially given that they’re following their own design and not just copying Oblivion and Skyrim. I hope their creators know that they are well loved.

Anonymous

it will release in our lifetimes, r-right?

Anonymous

right after Mournhold, haha…

Anonymous

>dock on the farside
        Why? you’d think the docks would all be close to the bay entrance, let me guess it’s going to be like Sea of Ghosts where you’d be surprised that a ship could navigate that space at all,

Anonymous

because real life harbors/waterfronts are not in the most convenient places, they are in the most suitable places.

Anonymous

>far side of city
            >probably have to go under multiple bridges that require you to deconstruct your sails/masts
            >still have to transport goods across a bridge to get to central markets
            >suitable

Anonymous

harbors are about more than ease of access to rivers, anon. They need to be calm waters, have a certain depth, etc.

Anonymous

You’re spending too much time implying that this is the case.

Anonymous

In lore there’s only 1 bridge to the IC so it’s possible the other minor ways into the city are just ferries?
          If that’s the case then it means that only the Ivory docks are essentially cut off, the Katarian Docks and the Waterfront are both pretty easy to get to.
          And the Ivory Docks could just be for any barges making their way along that river to the North from Bruma/Skyrim

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Fantastic.

Anonymous

>Name a fan project that’s more based than this.
      almost nobody has heard of it, but, for ME, its the Asheron’s Call emulation scene. a group o dedicated autistic fans who have brought a dead MMORPG back to life and have actually evolved the game further than the actual devs ever did with a few dozen servers, some with tons of new custom content. It’s a project that has been going on for almost 20 years(was started while the game was still active) and is still going strong today. god bless the company insider anon who leaked server code years back.

Anonymous

Lucky, those leakers save old MMOs.

Anonymous

[…]

>Something about Morrowind’s engine makes the locations feel very fairy-tale
      morrowind was one of those games that came out right before the hard push for ReaLiStiC GrApHiCs so it had an artistic, surrealistic look to it that gives it that otherworldly look to it.

Anonymous

It also looks nice and crisp, which I feel is lost in many more modern titles.

Anonymous

this will never come out
      the world is just not ready for the next level of kino this will bring

Anonymous

I dunno man, the whole north central and northeast outside of Mournhold is done, central is done, and middle west will be out soon.

Anonymous

If the project were just announced now, then sure, I could see that perspective. But they’ve been working on this for the better part of the past 20 years, and progressively releasing what they’ve done, and been pretty open with the development process. Sure, it’s possible that they’ll all spontaneously stop giving a shit before crossing the finish line, but that’s a pretty absurd proposition.

Anonymous

see those mountains? you can climb them

Anonymous

i don’t use wallpapers but if i did and my screen was 720p id make this pic it

Anonymous

And levitate over them.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>cinetrash filters
        yuck

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

Shrine to Morihaus?

Anonymous

In Anvil, yeah

Anonymous

i cant wait bros…

Anonymous

Me neither, three whole provinces is going to be massive, let alone if the others get anywhere. Walking from Daggerfall all the way to Tear would be a hoot.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

when something can look this nice in fullbright, it’s a good sign. Hopefully they do one more pass on the house textures though. Still at-or-better-than vanilla quality though

Anonymous

literally cumming loads just looking at this shit

Anonymous

>Name a fan project that’s more based than this
      Anything by Vicn. It’s time to stop living in the past, morrowboomer

Anonymous

>Janky fanfics with unfitting blatant dark souls references everywhere
        uh huh

Anonymous

>Janky
          It’s modding for a Bethesda game, jank comes with the territory.
          >fanfics
          All mods are technically fanfics
          >unfitting blatant dark souls references everywhere
          The extent of which being a handful of armors and weapons. The plot is entirely based off of TES lore

Anonymous

>jank comes with the territory.
            Not to this extent
            >All mods are technically fanfics
            Not to this extent
            >a handful of armors and weapons
            wew
            >The plot is entirely based off of TES lore
            In the same way that hollywood movies are sometimes ‘based on true stories’, I guess

Anonymous

>>jank comes with the territory.
              >Not to this extent
              It’s literally a series of interconnected cells and worldspaces with enemies you have to kill in them. Unmodded morrowind is more jank than this fanmade mod.

Anonymous

And all of those enemies are terrible
                It’s focusing on the worst part of the game, and implemented in a way that makes it very obvious to the player that something is off
                It’s rare that one of his mods has a single quest stage progress without something that takes me out of the experience

Anonymous

>And all of those enemies are terrible
                  Terrible how? The armor and weapons Vicn modeled for them don’t look all that bad, and certain ideas like having enemies activating a kill move animation and triggering a custom spell to imitate weapon arts was an awesome idea.
                  If your problem is the combat in general, that’s on you for not also installing one of the several combat overhaul mods on the nexus

Anonymous
      Anonymous

So why do you suppose Bethesda didn’t give enemies dodge animations and the player miss animations? Is it perhaps because people then understood RPGs (and so the man-hours weren’t justified) as opposed to modern morons? Although, they did never both to implement diagonal run animations which is a simpler version of the problem.

Anonymous

>Have big autistic idea for a continent-spanning worm cult mod
      >Aside from all the content, writing, and faction politics required for a good morrowind faction, it would need actual necromancy mechanics to not feel empty
      >The basic concept of necromancy also needs more creative general gameplay mechanics outside of direct single player action to work well, since simple followers or summons are barely worth using even in the later games built with them in mind
      >Would practically have to overhaul the game for the whole thing to be anything more meaningful than a set of stories with normal morrowind gameplay shoved in

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>Imperial villa for the wealthy and straw huts for the commoners

Anonymous

Ever notice how Morrowind is the second biggest province, largest after Cyrodiil itself? I think in order of size it’s something like:

Cyrodiil > Morrowind > Skyrim > Hammerfell > Black Marsh > Valenwood > Elsweyr > High Rock > Summerset

Anonymous

Nah I think it is more like
        >Cyrodiil>Morrowind>Hammerfell>BlackMarsh>Valenwood>Summerset=Highrock>Elsweyr.
        Elsweyr is puny and I think Hammerfell is just slightly bigger than Skyrim

Anonymous

Skyrim and Hammerfell are indeed close enough in size it can be debated but Elsweyr seems to me to be only slightly smaller than Valenwood.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

>middle pieces missing
        >arches not collapsed
        What is this sorcery?

Anonymous

It’s CHIM nigga I don’t gots to explain shiet

Anonymous

Superior Nordic engineering

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

It’s good work, but seeing Ayleid ruins gives me bad flashbacks.

Anonymous

It’s good work, but seeing Ayleid ruins gives me bad flashbacks.

It always rubs me the wrong way when big mods reintroduce ayleid ruins exactly as they were in oblivion with nothing done to make them seem like actual believable ayleid settlements

Anonymous

I always interpret them as what’s left over of collapsed forts, temples and castles. Those tend to last longer than common housing. You’re right though that somewhere like Sancre Tor should absolutely be an entire city ruin and not just the central dungeon.

Anonymous

Ayleids were a Minoan palace culture. Everything of importance was done in the lord’s massive castle. All the other houses and slave pens were lost to time.

Anonymous

>why don’t these ruins look like people live in them!

Anonymous

Now do dwarven ruins, or anything similar from TR

Anonymous

Nice.

Anonymous

Did they put out biome maps for Skyrim or Cyrodiil? I like staring at those.

Anonymous

How many naked Nords pranked by witches are we gonna see in Skyrim?

Anonymous
Viewing 51 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.