Name a greater comeback in all of vidya. I’ll wait.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Name a greater comeback in all of vidya. I’ll wait.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Name a greater comeback in all of vidya. I’ll wait.

Anonymous

I wish more companies were willing to learn from their mistakes and improve rather than just throw their hands up and declare every flop an unsalvagable failure.

Anonymous

Noctics & Lightning couldn’t do it

Anonymous

Bros…I don’t feel so good

Anonymous

I was hoping that would be the fat janny character.

Anonymous

Vauthry already lurks Ganker to defend World of Warcraft.

Anonymous

>Vauthry
            What are the real world analogues to his sexy Sineater bitches?

Anonymous

twitch e-whores

Anonymous

Alphinaud would totally be the type of redditor who is a “moral policeman” on reddit and writes out paragraph responses to random shitposts
        Zenos baneposts on Ganker

Anonymous

>it’s a thrilling hunt… for you

Anonymous

I cannot. This game’s ongoing story has become something pretty incredible as of this year.

Anonymous

Can’t be disputed.

Anonymous

>and improve
      they literally just transformed it into the safest, most bland mmorpg ever conceived by mankind. it’s not as ballsy as everyone thinks it is.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Maintaining and updating XIV 1.0 while simultaneously developing a brand new build (ARR) to replace it is anything but safe. ARR as a game itself might be safe, but the expansions are peak FF.

Anonymous

the expansions are progressively more and more streamlined and safe.

Anonymous

>that paid score for WoW
          For fuck sake

Anonymous

>paid score
            That’s not how corruption in pop culture journalism works. It’s all about not getting invited to press events and parties, being given your review copy, etc.

Anonymous

jesus what’s going on in eso

Anonymous

yeah i heard that game was actually pretty decent

Anonymous

no way (or care) to pay their way to a high score, as metacritics are ultimately meaningless

Anonymous

SHUT UP. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP.

FFXV WAS THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE IN GAMING. YOU FUCKING *DARE* TO SLANDER THE GOD OF GAMING AND MY KING NOCTIS YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL THE FUCKING THUNDER

FINAL. WARNING!!!!!!!1!!

SICK OF THIS SHIT

Anonymous

Fuck off Barry.

Anonymous

The only games that sucked more than 15 are 13 and 2

Anonymous

3 is quite underrated in its sucking
          it’s a fucking grindfest if you don’t guess the right job class properly for specific challenges
          at least with 2’s dumb way of stat development you had to be pretty fucking retarded to fuck your parties shit up so bad that you need to be forced to grind
          and 2 had a better story, villain, and setting

Anonymous

Oh don’t worry I know that 3 also sucks.

3 > 15 > 2 > 13

Anonymous

Behind FF5, FF3 is my second favorite in the series. It’s always surprising to see hate for it.

It is a rough road especially at the end but I like that kind of thing

Anonymous

YOU TELL ‘EM, OTHER BARRY. YOU TELL ‘EM.

Anonymous

Hey barry, XV was fucking atrocious
        I’ll see you later

Anonymous

>falseflagging as a notorious autist
        What does this even accomplish?

Anonymous

No Man’s Sky? They had a pretty big turnaround.

Anonymous

>Name a greater comeback in all of vidya. I’ll wait.
        No man’s sky.

> No Man’s Sky
        Did the XIV developers outright lie about the game to the public during pre-release?

Anonymous

Yes; they claimed that the game would be good.

Anonymous

You realize that makes OG No Man’s Sky WORSE than XIV and makes the comeback greater, right?

Anonymous

It’s a shit game but rainbow six siege

Anonymous

>turn around
        Really? It was pretty successful on launch, was sick with hackers which they fixed, then it’s been downhill since. I won’t argue whether it’s still popular or not now, but it was a good game from the start (that’s only been getting worse since then imo.)
        But I haven’t played it in years now.

Anonymous

This is also true. Commercially, it actually did pretty well even though the game was completely unplayable dogshit. The metacritic score for it was way too high for how it played. If that sort of game wasn’t made from Square-Enix, it would be 10 at best. The JRPG weeb faggots carried to to be a commercial success at launch, but even this would not prop up the game long term, which is why they had to remake it.

Anonymous

Isn’t that the game that’s been constantly introducing more fags and trannies

Anonymous

Siege did the opposite lmao, started out promising and then double down on retarded mobashit

Anonymous

NES from ET

Anonymous

This. Too easy OP

Anonymous

Fuck, Switch from WiiU. I didn’t expect Nintendo to be outright done with the flop of the WiiU, but bouncing back into what’s poised to at least be their second most successful platform (I don’t see it actually reaching the DS) is just nuts.

Anonymous

Switch was bound to be more succ5 just based on the fact that they replaced 2 consoles with it, the DS/Gameboy and the WiiU

Anonymous

xiv to arr and beyond is a success story without question, but how do you gauge the amount of success it has? S-E lies about the number of players constantly in their shareholders briefs so profit would be a better metric

Anonymous

It literally says right there in the OP just how profitable it has been

Anonymous

>Name a greater comeback in all of vidya. I’ll wait.
      No man’s sky.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

i really wonder how well a new f-zero game would sell if nintendo put one out

Anonymous

It’s not a casual racing game, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Anonymous

>if the game sold less than a quarter of a million units
        every FE game sold at least a quarter of a million aside from a japanese exclusive one, I forget which. FE was never in danger

Anonymous

What they did with 14 was a miracle. Other Incompetent devs keep thinking they can pull of the same feat. See bioware and Anthem

Anonymous

>Makes shitloads of money
      >Still a cookie cutter MMO with console tier graphics

lol

Anonymous

RIDING HOME

Anonymous

No man’s sky. That thing had a motherfucking redemption arc.

Anonymous

If only the game was good… the only thing it has going for it are fucking autistic furries that shill the game 24/7 on this basket weaving website.

Anonymous

I cant and for good reason, no other mmorpg that failed or went free to play ever did something like that because it would have been to risky in their eyes

For single player games maybe no man sky but that still wasnt as risky not even close

Anonymous

This is one of the best turning points for the entire videogame industry. In an era where the business world is obsessed with the fantasy of chaining a skeleton crew of diversity hires to their desks for peanuts to make the company a bajillion bucks (fueled by decades of communist babble about how customers will buy whatever they’re told to buy and workers are only separated by prejudices), FFXIV showed in a very direct sense that the switch from sparse, low quality content to high quality content pays dividends. The fantasy of the modern world is just that: a fantasy.

Anonymous

*modern business world

Anonymous

>it was 14 that damaged the brand
      >not 13

Anonymous

13 wouldn’t have been remembered as anything other than a mediocre FF game if FF14 hadn’t nearly bankrupted Square Enix and forced them to endlessly milk FF13 and indirectly spawn FF15.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ9CmxaQ3q8&list=PLL5QTV3Hk60ag1MsSoox4HT5oBemN23vr&index=1
        Pre-Yoshi FFXIV was abysmal. This isn’t the full story, either.

Anonymous

XIV 1.0 is one of the worst received AAA games of all time.

Anonymous

FFXIII was actually fairly well received. Despite how much people love to shit on it critical reception wasn’t that bad and it sold extremely well. No matter how bad you think it is as a game, it was polished and everything worked as it should.

FFXIV was a fucking train wreck of epic proportions. It was barley playable because the gameplay and interface were broken beyond belief, it was glaringly clear the game was unfinished to the point that it felt like a pre-alpha build, and they were charging people a monthly fee to play it. It was so bad it got scores as low as 4/10 from multiple critics. It was such a monumental failure that it never even made it to any consoles before Square Enix killed it.

FFXIII may have damaged FF in the sense that FF wasn’t FF anymore. But FFXIV damaged the brand in an objective sense, as in you could no longer pick up a FF game and not have to worry about a broken product with a lack of polish.

Anonymous

>profitable means the game is good

If we’re going by that metric, remember how Fortnite launched in early 2017 with no battle royale mode and literally nobody gave a shit about it? It was dead in the water. They they cobbled a BR mode in like 8 weeks, rode out the shitstorm over cloning PUBG and it became worth billions

Anonymous

How much of a comeback is it though? It’s not like they fixed the game, they literally scrapped the whole thing. No Man’s Sky is a real comeback, because it’s still the same game, just fixed. FFXIV is really a different game but with the same name.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW5DnpidMiY

Just look at this amazing gameplay!

Anonymous

unironically looks more SOUL

Anonymous

It’s impossible I actually played 1.0 it was I can’t even imagine how to begin…
      I had latency on menus, on fucking menus. I couldn’t believe it.
      I think since FFXIV is such a lore heavy game and there this feeling that people are nostalgic for 1.0
      You’re not. It’s incomprehensibly bad. It felt like some cash gab Z-tier game from steam.
      It ran like ass, the controls were ass, the gameplay was pathetically bad, you couldn’t level because limits…

Anonymous

Barry seething

What you’re seeing is Ganker being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. You bet your ass if TLOU2 was hated by everyone, Ganker would flock to it as a hidden gem or some shit

Anonymous

I don’t see 1.0 being popular on Ganker. For the most part, Ganker’s biggest flaw is that you’re not allowed to consider ANYTHING good without being a shill.

>You bet your ass if TLOU2 was hated by everyone
          It pretty much is. I’ve never met a TLOU2 fanboy.
          >Here’s some fag on twitter!
          Like 1% of the population uses twitter, and a good portion of them almost literally live on twitter. Left wing activists sorts aren’t real fans, either. They like things for the influence and control that it brings them, and they’re legitimately baffled by the idea that someone might just want them to fuck off because they liked the games that were being made before they showed up without any hidden ulterior motive.

Anonymous

If only my relationship could make a comeback after introducing this game

Anonymous

You’re better off without them.

Anonymous

Only the Snes Final Fantasy games are any good

Anonymous

I want to like this game so fucking bad, I played fucking SWTOR for years, but ARR and the shitty script and the bland story and the horrid British English keep fucking filtering me fuck

Anonymous

The voice acting improves dramatically after base game

Anonymous

They never came back though

Anonymous

XIV is better than any of those old games they put out. Don’t be shocked when XIV overtakes IX as Sakaguchi’s favorite in the series.

Anonymous

Game sucks and feels like swampy ass to play.

Anonymous

FFXI bros… We’re dead…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.