New elden ring post, get in here bros

Home Forums A haunted junk yard New elden ring post, get in here bros

• This topic has 103 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

New elden ring post, get in here bros

Anonymous

>In the search for the Elden Ring, the adventurous and perseverant will always be rewarded.

I’m in search of some gameplay blease from

Anonymous

Not sure if this is legit or not but it literally looks like DaS3.

Anonymous

This. Miyazaki has lost the magic.

Anonymous

Miyazaki has always been a hack

Anonymous

He’s made 3 excellent games.

Anonymous

a hack that basically invented a genre and influenced an entire industry at a time when AAA cinematic garbage was the hot trend.

Anonymous

it looked like das3 in all of the trailers too why are you surprised

Anonymous

That’s because they zoomed up on the cart in such a way that it looks like Aldritch’s tomb from the deacons’s bossroom. Also the enemies around it make it look like the deacons’s bossfight.

Anonymous

[…]

Why are the graphics so bad?

Anonymous

It’s being held back by decade old tech, that’s why. It should have been a new gen launch title.

Anonymous

We’ll never get a From title with good graphics

Anonymous

It’s funny how these threads suddenly die when this gets mentioned

Anonymous

But this isn’t news to anyone. Every from game is technically at least 5 years behind state of the art.

Anonymous

Looks the same as all their other games to me. Keep in mind it’s an old gen game and the picture has a horrible filter in it.

Anonymous

That’s the problem it doesnt look any better than 3

Anonymous

Same gen and even bigger game. I didn’t expect it to look any better to be honest. Their next game might be, but they always lacked behind in graphics anyway.

Anonymous

I think dark souls was alright for the time. And BB had a very nice style, hindered by the shitty ps4 performance.

Anonymous

Dev time spent on visuals and time spent on actual gameplay mechanics are inversely proportional

Anonymous

Unless you work at an actual small indie company that’s now how it works. People that do the graphics and art and the people that implement gameplay mechanics are totally separate

Anonymous

>team that works on gameplay makes the game twice as big
                >graphics team now has twice as much stuff to design
                This is also probably why so much is being recycled from older titles

Anonymous

>actual gameplay mechanics
              It’s the same gameplay they’ve been wheeling out for a decade now even down to some of the animations. The least they could do is make it pretty visually.

Anonymous

the obsession with graphics is the reason games haven’t actually gotten better in the last 20 years. If we never focused on graphics we’d probably have actual next-gen titles by now instead of just "old game but prettier"

Anonymous

It’s not an obsession with graphics, it’s not wanting something to look like dogshit especially if that effort isn’t being put to use elsewhere given that there’s recycled animations and gameplay that hasn’t been changed for years.

Anonymous

and thats a good thing

Anonymous

And I pray it’s gonna perform like it too, I don’t have the money to upgrade my GPU right now.

Anonymous

And that’s a good thing!

Anonymous

Needs to run on a ps4 so imagine

Anonymous

I wish it wasn’t launching on xbox one and ps4. Such dogshit hardware.

Anonymous

Yeah that’s gonna be the big problem for the foreseeable future. Any ‘dual platform’ game is gonna be mechanically meh.

Anonymous

Yeah, a shame too cause DS3 is the ugliest souls game by a large margin. I’m hoping at the very least it doesn’t play like DS3, otherwise I’m just gonna buy a Playstation to play Bloodborne instead of this Elden Ring shit.

Anonymous

is there gameplay yet?

Anonymous

No, elden ring is just a teaser for the next dark souks 3 dlc

Anonymous

honestly at this point i can believe that, or that elden ring is actually a fake game

Anonymous

Yes, enough of it to know how it will be. Sorry there’s no 3 hours presentation on it. Your favorite streamer will go through all of it when it comes out. Don’t worry, zoomer.

Those candles are ripped straight from DS3? What have they been doing all these years?

Wow they reused candles. Hackazaki BTFO 0/10 game!

Is this fan art?

No, it comes from an official tweet.

Why is he suddenly completely silent now after he watched the 16 minutes raw gameplay, he literally doesn’t tweet anything

Well he can’t show it and there is no new video, unless he makes something out of the screenshots. He’ll milk this game dry once it comes out though.

Anonymous

>OMGEEEEE YAASSSSSSSSS I FUCKING LOVE MARKETING BROSSSSSS!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous

Fucking drip marketing, they are just gonna keep posting 1 screenshot at a time for months.

Anonymous

That’s the George R.R. Martin way!

Anonymous

[…]

I agree with this statement.

Anonymous

yay time to got to cainhurst again

Anonymous

Those candles are ripped straight from DS3? What have they been doing all these years?

Anonymous

[…]

i need a vocaroo

Anonymous

Is this fan art?

Anonymous

Ingame with some ugly filter.

Anonymous

>zombie-like people carrying torches on the left like in Dark Souls 3
      >guy at the bottom wearing armor that could easily come from Dark Souls 3
      >platform in the center has tons of melted candles like the millions of melted candles in Dark Souls 3

Let me guess, a lot of the enemies also have irritating screams that they do in battle just like in Dark Souls 3.

Anonymous

Not defending the game being "DS3 but Bigger" but they may have recycled a lot of concepts and enemies to save development time. At least they added one new thing… A mount. Will that make it worth it if this is DS3 Part 2? Probably not.

Anonymous

>DaS3 but bigger and better
      This is exactly what I want.

Anonymous

Why is he suddenly completely silent now after he watched the 16 minutes raw gameplay, he literally doesn’t tweet anything

Anonymous

something something lying for clout

Anonymous

what do you mean? is he supposed to post details about it and break the NDA?

Anonymous

Because he doesnt want to be caught doing an 180 when the game releases and public reception is shit, he wants to be able to say
        >yeah after the footage i was kinda bummed
        And pretend he is not a giant shill, gotta hold that spit back until From/scamco made bank.

Anonymous

He didn’t tweet anything before either other than shill his fanart.

Anonymous

>Miyazaki coming out of his slumber to post something so his channel that does nothing but talk about DS can be substantiated

Anonymous

He has been busy with the Soul Arts book Kickstarter project.

Anonymous

I wonder if this game will actually improve on the NG+ from past games. More enemy HP, Damage and a few rings isn’t really good enough anymore.

Anonymous

So, is this photo mode confirmed?

Anonymous

>it’s the inquisitors wagon from Berserk
      hackazaki strikes again

Anonymous

>In the search for the Elden Ring, the adventurous and perseverant will always be rewarded.

Anonymous

>Admitted in an interview he wrote a few pages of background history in total.

Anonymous

I love how you use "admitted" like it was a police interrogation and he broke under pressure. everyone already knew he barely worked on the game from the jump.

Anonymous

more like the Onion Ring am I right

Anonymous

Azor Ahai confirmed

Anonymous

>new info relegated to adorned jpegs from the game’s website
      this is a pretty oldschool way of doing things

Anonymous

Every time I think about Elden Ring my penis gets rock-hard. This will be it bros, I can feel it. The game of the dec-
      no
      The game of the CENTURY is coming
      Elden bros… we’re finally coming home…

Anonymous

they took that model straight from the cathedral of the deep lol

Anonymous

>concept art
      >being added to the game
      Oh no no no

Anonymous

>unironically marketing
      Suda already fell for this meme and we all know how that ended up.

Anonymous

Remember that DS2 trailer Gankerros…..

Or Project Beast gameplay leak…….

Anonymous

>Original GiantDad video now has "faggot" censored.
      I hate trannies.

Anonymous

>Fromdrones so starved they’re making threads about promotional artwork
      lmao

Anonymous

GAMEPLAY?!?!!?!?!?!

Anonymous

>still too scared to show gameplay to anyone except their paid shills

Anonymous

did any of the people who got to see the gameplay demo describe the HUD? I really hope it’s more like Souls than it is Sekiro/Bloodborne

Anonymous

More like Dark Sekiro Borne Souls Ring 4.

Anonymous

>Still no gameplay
      >Releases January
      It’s getting delayed, isn’t it bros?

Anonymous

*Sips Estus*

>It doesn’t need to have a new magic system
      >It doesn’t need to have new animations
      >It doesn’t need to have NPC’s that interact with the game world
      >It doesn’t need to have interesting world design
      >It doesn’t need the open world to be populated by something other than enemies
      >It doesn’t need to not have fast travel
      >It doesn’t need to not have a map
      You are now here:
      >It doesn’t need significant fall damage
      >It doesn’t need to allow levelling up at campfires
      >It doesn’t need interesting questlines
      >It doesn’t need day/night cycles that change npc behaviour
      >It doesn’t need to look like a 9th generation video game
      >It doesn’t need a good character creator
      >It doesn’t need striking aesthetics
      >It doesn’t need a good soundtrack
      >It doesn’t need to have good horse combat
      >It doesn’t need to be anything more than a stripped down action game
      >It doesn’t need to not be DARK SOULS IV

Anonymous

>It doesn’t need to not be DARK SOULS IV
        but shazam, that’s what I want

Anonymous

Bros?
      Where is the fucking gameplay?
      Bros?

Anonymous

>-So there is a "beckoning" that guides the player’s path, but you can choose to ignore it. So that is one of the degrees of freedom in the game, which means there might be multiple endings in this game as well?
      [Miyazaki] Yes, there are multiple endings and many ways to arrive there. It’s one of the features of this game, and the degree of freedom in progressing through the game is much higher than in the Dark Souls series.

>-That’s certainly something to look forward to.
      [Miyazaki] If you take boss fights for example, very few absolutely have to be beaten, and the order, or timing, is up to the player in many cases.

>-So weapon and skill combinations are important decisions for the player. Can you assign multiple skills to a weapon?
      [Miyazaki] You can assign one skill per weapon. However, you can swap these freely – there are about 100 in total. There is also quite a selection of weapons – finding your favorite combination will be one of the things to enjoy.
      Also, completely separate from this, it is possible to summon spirits. You can summon these to become allies and fight with you when in the correct place. There is the same element of collecting and equipping that exists with weapons, armor, magic, etc.

>-From Software games are known for their difficulty. Instead of making the action easier, you take the road of increasing what the player can do in order to deepen the strategy. Is it the same in Elden Ring?
      [Miyazaki] Yes, and this trend is even stronger in Elden Ring. Like the spirits I was mentioning, you don’t have to rely on pure mechanical skill, but can use strategy to defeat your enemies. We are emphasizing a strategic approach to combat in this game.
      Another good example of this is the new stealth mechanics. By staying low and hiding in the grass, etc., you can approach enemies undetected and look for a good opportunity to attack.

Anonymous

I honestly don’t see the appeal of npc spirit summoning. Is this just an optional easy mode that most players should ignore?

Anonymous

It’s for the varietyfags that are always complaining about the lack of build variety

Anonymous

>let the game play for you
            yeah real exciting

Anonymous

It’s a new form of support magic basically yeah. Summon meatshields then go spam magic or go smash with melee/shoot with bow.

Anonymous

It costs MP, so people who use them can use less weapon skills/spells. Only time will tell how strong those summons are.

Anonymous

>-You can jump!
      [Miyazaki] Yes you can. You can jump for a heavy attack, and you can jump to avoid low attacks. More importantly, I feel it allows a greater degree of freedom in exploration.
      In this game, in contrast to the large open field, there are also areas similar to the Dark Souls series with three-dimensionally crafted castles, etc. We call these "legacy", and when exploring these areas jumping adds a new dimension of freedom. Perhaps especially players who have played a lot of the Dark Souls series will find this refreshing.

>-It appears that a more active fighting style is possible, but are finger-biting tense battles still alive and well?
      [Miyazaki] Yes, they are still alive and well. Don’t worry about that. In addition to what I already mentioned, there is one which is a kind of counter-attack after parrying with a shield. You will have a wide variety of choices to engage in strategic and vigorous battles.

>-So there will be dungeons and other special areas off the beaten path?
      [Miyazaki] Yes. Dungeons, and NPCs as well.

>-About the dungeons, besides the large-scale "legacy" areas that make up the large beats of the story, will there be places to explore in each area?
      [Miyazaki] Besides the extremely thought-out vertical "legacy" dungeons that you mention, there are many small-medium scale dungeon areas. Forts, catacombs, caves, mining tunnels, etc.
      We are planning to have many NPCs, but currently there are no towns or villages where they reside. There are places that were once villages, but are now abandoned and the prowling place of dangerous enemies. This is because we decided to put our development resources into what we do best.

>-So these "legacy" dungeons are like the previous entries, with a vertical and complex structure?
      [Miyazaki] Yes, imagine the areas in the Dark Souls series. Only this time, the scale is larger and there may be new places you can reach by jumping, which should make exploration even more enjoyable.

Anonymous

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ELDEN RIIIIIIIING

Anonymous

Literally me

Anonymous

>-Is there a concept of passage of time and dynamic weather?
      [Miyazaki] Yes, those are elements that change in real time. This also has an effect on the game. For example, at night visibility decreases for both you and the enemy bringing new strategic aspects to approaching enemies. There are certain trails* that are more visible at night and terrifying enemies that only appear at night.

>IGN: So I’ve learned that there are six areas in Elden Ring. Can you go into a little detail about each of them? And is this the kind of thing where you can go to any of these areas at any time, or is there a specific order?
      HM: So the Lands Between is made up mainly of these six large areas. It’s divided into six major areas, and these are the domains of the major demigod characters who we just talked about. While the areas are lined up in a way so that you would normally tackle them in a specific order, you don’t have to follow it. We wanted to give a free level of progression and exploration throughout the Lands Between, so there’s a lot of different ways. You won’t be able to access everything from the start, but there are a lot of different ways you can approach each area. And there’s a lot of freedom as to which order you tackle different areas as well

Anonymous

>IGN: Throughout the trailer, we see a bunch of different techniques. We see a horse leaping up a cliffside, an attack jumping off of horseback, and there’s a magic attack that extends your sword. Can you shed some light on these abilities, how they’re earned? Does acquiring a technique lend itself to exploring more of the world?
      HM: Yes. A part of making this new world with this new huge sense of scale was adding enjoyment to that sense of exploration, having players feel encouraged, and give them a desire to explore as much as they want. And so that could be through acquiring new weapons and magic spells and abilities such as the different spirit summons. We wanted to place these elements so the players will enjoy exploring the map and discovering these elements for themselves. There are cases in which you can buy them [arts, magic, etc.] at stores or learn them from NPCs, but generally they are hidden throughout the game’s world for the player to discover through exploration, rather than unlocking them through a skill tree as in previous titles.

Anonymous

>What is your overall design philosophy when it comes to crafting the game’s open world? Especially in relation to the typical open worlds that we see in games today.
      YK: One thing we’re trying to do, one aspect of the philosophy when designing this world is to make it as dense as possible. We don’t want it to just be wide open and empty space. We want it to be full of surprises and things to discover.
      We’re also being conscious of the actual level design and handcrafted nature of the overworld itself. So even though it is very expansive, it will have a lot of verticality, and a lot of multi-layering, so the player can enjoy exploring it in all dimensions.

>You mentioned during the presentation that there will be a focus on character stories. Previous games, from Dark Souls to Bloodborne, already had character stories, but they were more of side quests. So, will we expect Elden Ring to have these character moments as sort of side quests or will they be tied more into the main questline, of the game?
      YK: First of all, the number of NPCs and characters you can interact with in Elden Ring is just a lot more than in previous games. So, there are a lot more of these stories and a lot more personality to the world that they bring. But also, the main through line story of the main NPCs you’ll encounter, we are creating this to be more approachable and more understandable from a superficial level. So, you can compare that to something like Sekiro’s storytelling or narrative where the main through line story is easier to understand.

Anonymous

That second point is worrying to me. I didn’t like Sekiro’s style of storytelling compared to the other games

Anonymous

>In previous games, the character quests can be easily missed by some players during their first run. In Elden Ring then, will it be easier to experience these character storylines during their initial playthrough?
      YK: You mentioned Bloodborne; we feel like we went a little bit too overboard with hiding NPCs inside content in that game. There won’t be anything quite so hard to find in Elden Ring we feel. But it is an enormous world, and there are a lot of characters, so you may have to go out of your way to find most of them. That’s not to say we’re trying to hide them in really difficult to find places, but you may have to go off the beaten path and you may have to explore to encounter some of these side quests from NPCs who are just chilling in a dungeon somewhere in the overworld

Anonymous

Reminds me of that dogshit game Dark Souls 3

Anonymous

Can magic please not be shit that requires you to invest into three different stats to be good at one type of magic?

Anonymous

>can I just hide in a corner and one shot all the bosses without any effort with soul spear like DS1
        Hopefully not

Anonymous

you are a faggot

Anonymous

My problem with magic in videogames is that its always less creative than in tabletop games/books.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.