No Xbox One X exclusives for the first two years of its life

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic No Xbox One X exclusives for the first two years of its life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Phil has already lost.

Anonymous

NO GAMES

Anonymous
      Anonymous

So save some money and buy an xbox one x

Anonymous

Or just wait a month like how Xbone dropped price

Anonymous

Or you could just get the games for PC. PC existing invalidates xbox.

Anonymous

That’s the entire reason they’re doing this. They decided a couple years ago to make their exclusives available on PC. They’re not going to stop XB1-level PC hardware from playing the games so why should they cut off the XB1? To sell new consoles isn’t a good reason anymore since again they offer them on PC and presumably their cloud service.

The XB1 is just a PC. The XB1X will probably wind up being similar to the Scarlett sku. All these retardera arguments about magical SSDs and closed system advantages that don’t exist anymore are just Sony Stockholm Syndrome. The old hardware isn’t holding back anything. Game development doesn’t work they way it used to or the way they think it does. If you have a 2D indie game, why the gently caress not release it with XB1 compatibility if it runs? We are going to see Sony do business as usual and fragment their base as is the norm. But MS isn’t doing that. They’re doing something different that I don’t see any negatives in doing. It’s going to be an advantage as far as game consoles go. Sony’s outdated model to fragment the base and sell new consoles is only going to work on brand loyalists and the PS3 era showed that there wasn’t many. I like the generationless route, it’s like PC

Anonymous

>Matt Booty

Anonymous

It'll be longer than 2 years.

Anonymous

Everyone that uses that weird chink avatar is gently caressing cringe

So repulsive, looks like Eric cartman with his helmet on

Anonymous

Doesn't it play the Steam library though? If that's true, PS5 may well be gently caressed.

Anonymous

but what's the gently caressing point of an inferior PC? you can build a better one with 500 bucks

Anonymous

>you can build a better one for 500
          I don't get this, is it because consolefags are either neets or dirtpoorfags that they care about a few hundred dollars for something they're going to spend 6 or 7 years?

Anonymous

>inferior PC
          The x it's already more powerful than the average PC on steam

Anonymous

source?

Anonymous

source is anon's own delusion. The X is comparable to a 1060 at best, it already has to use adaptive resolution to run games at 60fps or opt for 4k30fps

Anonymous

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
              The X in benchmarks is normally between a 1060 and a 1070.

Anonymous

>The X in benchmarks is normally between a 1060 and a 1070.
                Not really.
                It's usually at best on par with the 6 GB 1060.

Anonymous

That said, you have to take into account the optimization benefits you get for a console.

Anonymous

Optimization is a meme in a world where low-level APIs like DX12 and Vulkan exist.
                    If a game performs poorly on PC using these APIs, it's going to perform poorly on consoles as well.

Anonymous

>Optimization is a meme
                      Red dead 2 runs at NATIVE 4K on the X because it's optimized for it with a mix of low and high presets.

Anonymous

I mean optimization in the formal sense, ie. the efficiency of your codebase/hardware utilization.
                        Lowering settings is only optimization in the most basic sense.

Anonymous

>optimization benefits
                    so checkerboard rendering, which makes scenes in motion look like ass without motion blur. also games don't run on ultra on the one x.

Anonymous

Yeah but that takes into account e.g. slavshit toasters made for cs:go at lowest settings, people who wouldn't be able to afford either a console or a better PC. It's not really pertinent.

Anonymous

I forgot slavs aren't gamers and we should only take into account the 1% with 2080's because it hurst your ego

Anonymous

prove it faggot, show me a better $500 build

Anonymous

No, that rumor has been shot down. What still is possible is that since it runs on windows core OS which has a module to support Win32 apps, through dev mode you will be able to run stuff like Yuzu/RPCS3. Which will surely cause massive asshurt when the SeXbox is back compat with PS3 and PS5 isn't.
        but what's the gently caressing point of an inferior PC? you can build a better one with 500 bucks
        No

Anonymous

you have no games
      but we have the most powerful console!
      what good is that if you got no games?

two years later…

we got some games!
      yeah but ps5 has had games for two years and you dont even have the most powerful console anymore because the ps5 pro just launched

Anonymous

Xbros?

Anonymous

do they even exist? Not even shitposting, do they exist outside of wojakposting?

Anonymous

That's what I'm wondering lol

Anonymous

That's what I'm wondering lol
          sup

Anonymous

We just posting shit now?

Anonymous

>forwards compatibility is bad, we should immediately kill off old platforms when their replacement comes
      >cross gen is ok when nintendo does it
      holy gently caress people cannot ACTUALLY think like this

Anonymous

I got the Xbox One X because of the gamepass thing back when it was introduced cause having an immediate library sounded nice, but now its collecting dust because they ported it to PC like everything else

I really dont get the point of Xbox Series X. If you dont want a PC, you'd just get a PS5 since it also has exclusives.

Anonymous

But what if you don't give a shit about the exclusives like I do?

I'm buying the XSX because I want BC with my library as well as any games that might come out on it. Sony has no exclusives anymore that interest me, the Switch isn't fully, easily hackable on all models yet, and so on, so at that point, gently caress it, I'm gonna get a Series X.

Anonymous

90% of OG Xbox and 360 games are on PC and run 100x better. Enjoy paying 500 buckeroos for gently caressing Ninja Gaiden lmao.

Anonymous

It's stupid to even pay $500 when you can get the same thing for $100 on a basic Xbox One.
            Did this to play NGB, NGII, AC6 and Lost Odyssey and was not disappointed.

Anonymous

>built a pc just for gaming
            >get a console which will be cheaper and has more bucks/performance
            Oh no, what a tough choice!

Anonymous

>which will be cheaper and has more bucks/performance
              The PC can run games at a higher performance plus things the console cant such as modding and piracy

Anonymous

oh and free online

Anonymous

>modding and piracy
                dev mode
                also
                >using "we can break the law" as an argument

Anonymous

Dev mode doesn't enable either of those things retard. The most dev mode lets you do, at least on xbox one, is run retroarch. And even that has shit performance for anything newer than ps1.

>exclusives

nothing says a console is "good" like having cereal box exclusives which are always 3rd person "cinematic" experiences with barely any gameplay.

consoles in general are a cancer and xbox is doing the right thing by turning into a PC first, Playstation is irrelevant and uses an outdated concept for console development
                  xbox isn't turning into a pc in any meaningful way.

Anonymous

>Dev mode doesn't enable either of those things retard
                    Yes it does, you can run UWP or native xbox games provided you have the files and they work just like the retail games. It's not "homebrew mode", it's DEV mode, made for testing games exactly as the real thing runs it

Anonymous

Okay, where do you get any of those games? They need to be decrypted so you can't just dump them from retail discs. Shit doesn't exit unless you can steal it form developers' devkits.

Anonymous

>Shit doesn't exit unless you can steal it form developers' devkits.
                        just like how pirated PC games don't exist without defeating the DRM?

Anonymous

I'd be astonished if you could show me even one game that is able to be installed in dev mode that is also sold for actual money in retail mode. And I mean a real game, not a UWP app.

Anonymous

Are you retarded?
                        On PC I simply need to remove or bypass the DRM used on the game.
                        On an Xbox I need to bypass the hardware DRM on the console itself, the DRM on the disc (since it contains all the game data) AND any firmware or XBL-related DRM (which Microsoft 100% utilizes).

Anonymous

>using "we can break the law" as an argument

he is right though, you're a complete moron if you don't pirate when you have the chance. You only don't like it because you can't do it. Obviously.

Anonymous

Don't waste your time, he's an American who thinks corporations don't break the law all the time, he'll never learn.

Anonymous

gently caress off china

Anonymous

>thinks modding with dev mode on xbox is the same as modding on pc
                  I wonder how many people even use a modded xbox for it to be relevant or streamlined.

Anonymous

The Xbone/XboneX's DRM is so insane that it can't even really be modded in the way that the 360 could, so it's kind of irrelevant.

Anonymous

>The PC can run games at a higher performance plus things the console cant such as modding and piracy
                Still more expensive, only matters for like bethesda games, yeah but in times of 60gb games I don‘t think I care about that plus gamepass.

Anonymous

>which will be cheaper
              not when you include 6 years of online fees

Anonymous

PC has more exclusive games, nuff said pleb. It's also the platform for Chads.

Anonymous

>chads
                >single platform

Anonymous

>muh NG
            Don't care about a meme hack and slash. I've got a large enough library of physical games that emulation won't be able to handle in the next 10 years so the XSX will be a great investment for me. I actually play games though so I can see where this would be confusing for someone who doesn't.

I would because the platform is really gently caressing simple to keep track of everything with and I can do multimedia stuff with it too. Either I get an original xbox to play only original xbox games and some shoddy homebrew, a 360 to only play 360 games and specific og games with shit emulation, or, I get an XSX to play my entire library of 360, OG, and Xbone games as well as future XSX games.

Gee, I wonder what I'm gonna pick???
            Unironically just for the backwards compatibility since there isn't any good Xbox emulators out there yet.

I'm buying the XSX because I want BC with my library as well as any games that might come out on it. Sony has no exclusives anymore that interest me, the Switch isn't fully, easily hackable on all models yet, and so on, so at that point, gently caress it, I'm gonna get a Series X.
            I mean sure but I wouldn't get a glorified Xbox HUEG for 500 bucks just to play Original/360 xbox games

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate and ask this. What if PS5's backwards compatibility rumor turns out to be true? PS5 that also plays PS1-4 plus exclusives would be a steal and Xbox Original's only game people wanted the most was Ninja Gaiden Black
            The PS5 can blow me. PS4 didn't have any worth while exclusives for me (I have my Vita for everything Sony related that I care about, mostly PSP and Gundam Breaker 3), my PS3 library isn't near large enough to justify such a purpose (and I can just hack my PS3 to install the games I'd want there anyways,) I have a hacked PS2 so that solves my PS2 problems, and a PS3 and Vita so I can play PS1 games just fine.

This is legit a conscious decision on my part. I just don't care about Sony's IPs and since I already own hackable versions of their older consoles, I'll just play those. Since I'm buying an XSX for newer games as well as the full compatibility rather than the xbone's selective compatibility, I don't have any reason to bother with the older consoles besides their use as homebrew boxes (OG Xbox)

Anonymous

Unironically just for the backwards compatibility since there isn't any good Xbox emulators out there yet.

I mean sure but I wouldn't get a glorified Xbox HUEG for 500 bucks just to play Original/360 xbox games

Anonymous

I would because the platform is really gently caressing simple to keep track of everything with and I can do multimedia stuff with it too. Either I get an original xbox to play only original xbox games and some shoddy homebrew, a 360 to only play 360 games and specific og games with shit emulation, or, I get an XSX to play my entire library of 360, OG, and Xbone games as well as future XSX games.

Anonymous

You sound retarded

Anonymous

Xbox Series X "not having exclusives" doesn't mean it's games are all coming to PS5 or something.

Anonymous

but you can play BC games at 8k.
      isnt that what you faggots want? because you guys care so much about backwards compatibility?

Anonymous

Hahahaha… Booty

Anonymous

Xbone, oh no!!!!!

Anonymous

>xbox one continues to get support after xsx release
      based microsoft

the xbone's original xbox backwards compatibility library is pathetic tbqh

Anonymous

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate and ask this. What if PS5's backwards compatibility rumor turns out to be true? PS5 that also plays PS1-4 plus exclusives would be a steal and Xbox Original's only game people wanted the most was Ninja Gaiden Black

Anonymous

PS5 will almost definitely play PS4 games but anything else is wishful thinking. They'll probably be resold digitally but you won't be able to just stick a disc in the drive and automatically get an old game to play.

Anonymous

If that does happen (as unlikely as it is) then while it will help the PS5's case you still have to consider:
          >SeX is a lot more powerful (if we're going to say PS5 BC rumor is true then rumors also apply to Xbox)
          >SeS is a lot cheaper
          >360 still has a lot of good BC exclusives

Anonymous

360 used to be the best thing ever what happened?

Anonymous

Kinect happened

Anonymous

Hold the gently caress up
      His name is actually Matt Booty?

Anonymous

even halo isn't exclusive? wtf

Anonymous

it means "series x" exclusive games, meaning games created specifically for that hardware.

halo infinite or whatever its called is gonna be on both xbox one and series x.

Anonymous

>exclusives

nothing says a console is "good" like having cereal box exclusives which are always 3rd person "cinematic" experiences with barely any gameplay.

consoles in general are a cancer and xbox is doing the right thing by turning into a PC first, Playstation is irrelevant and uses an outdated concept for console development

Anonymous

The absolute only way Microsoft can do to compete against Sony and Nintendo is to make online free. It's a golden opportunity to stick out among the rest. People won't even look at the other options

Anonymous

normies don't care about this, they don't consider subscription fees. they are genuinely retarded.

Anonymous

their strategy is bassicaly have the PC+xbox market they will likely make a lot more money that sony this way

Anonymous

Meh, I see no reason to buy it since it's just going to be a shittier version of a gaming PC.

Anonymous

Better hope that Windows Mode rumor turns out to be true, otherwise it's a pretty lame offering, despite Gamepass being cool.

Anonymous

What's with the somewhat recent rise of easing into next gen consoles? When NES went to SNES you needed the SNES to play those games, they didn't make games on both the consoles so poor gently caresss who couldn't get it within the first year didn't miss out. Now with them pull this gently caressery they give themselves a 2 year excuse as to why any games will be shit. The excuse will be "Well devs have to make it so it works on xbone as well, so of course it doesn't take full effect of the Series X." I gently caressing hate that companies don't just move entirely to the next gen and cut the last one off.

Anonymous

PS2 played all PS1 games.
        GBC played all GB games.
        Retard

Anonymous

No, you gently caressing idiot. There is a difference between backwards compatibility and NEW games actively being made for two generations of consoles.

Anonymous

Pokemon Silver and Gold

Anonymous

Idort, played ps4 exclusives and nothing to brag about. Played mostly my Xbox for multiplat and online with bros. Still getting both but still main Xbox for its gamepass and multi and will still play ps5 for exclusives

Anonymous

The head of xbox game studios just said that the games will be cross-gen for the first two years of the console, unless he said that you will be able to play halo infinity on ps5, yes, xbox SeX will have way more exclusives at launch

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Sonyroach astroturfers really can't stop lying. It's 1 year after launch.
      How about that soyn e3 tho? CES was so hype I am sure they will bring the ehat for E3 this year.

Anonymous

>crapgamer
        dude constantly flip flops between xbox fanboy and ps fanboy to try and get as many clickbait videos as possible. what he says is worthless

Anonymous

[…]
        Yeah, OP is a retard who keeps spamming the same console war threads every since this appeared. What it means is for 1 year all their games will be playable on both the Series X and the One X, not that there won’t be any.

Anonymous

Ok seriously. Are these threads just to console war? I've seen this same thread posted with the same replies for days now.

OP likely thinks Phil will suck his minidong for guerilla reverse advertising.

Anonymous

Take your meds Barry

Anonymous

e3 then:
        >"$299"
        >mgs2 trailer
        >twilight princess reveal
        e3 now:
        >HOLY SHIT, IS THAT KEANU REEVES? OMG YASSSSSSSSS
        remind me again why anyone cares about that shitfest anymore?

Anonymous

>That year FF XIII was announced on 360 after previously being announced as a PS3 exclusive
          Good times

Anonymous

>make pseudo pc

>games will be on win10 anyways

just build a gently caressing pc. it has more games, torrents, and emulators too.

Anonymous

A year from now at your local video games retailer, the PS section will. E split between PS4 boxes and PS5 boxes. Including the same cross-gen game on both platforms and maybe some PS5 remasters of PS4 games. And there will be some exclusive PS5 games.

The Xbox section isn’t going to be split and all the games for both the old and new Xbox consoles will comes in the same boxes. Cross gen games will be a single sku. There won’t be remasters because the XB1 games will be XBSX enhanced. The new games that take advantage of the XBSX will work on the XB1 and XB1X. XB1 games will probably get XBSX enhancements but PS4 games on PS5 most likely won’t. I’m just not seeing what the problem is with the Xbox mode here

Anonymous

I have held the opinion that exclusives are a thing of the past and the new Xbox pretty much shows that imo. The practices and general experience is something I've liked a hell of a lot more than anything Sony does. Sony still gently caresss up basic UI design and their OS is still a buggy piece of shit. I'll take something I can get gently caresstons of games with for free or dirt ass cheap with backwards compatibility and easy integration with my other devices and accounts than a gently caressing console that prolapses whenever I wanna certain games on it and can't play old games.

Anonymous

Ok seriously. Are these threads just to console war? I've seen this same thread posted with the same replies for days now.

Anonymous

Xbox Secks will be only for powerfags?

Anonymous

what the gently caress did they buy all those studios fire? i mean i get that forced deadlines result in awful games like anthem but seriously they should have a gently caressing exclusive or two ready to go by the end of 2020.

sucks that games these days take twice as long and suck twice as much.

Anonymous

To work on games they're going to let them work at their own pace and then pull the rug from underneath them at the final stretch of whatever they're working on

Anonymous

How is this a bad thing?
      MS
      >hey we understand you might be hesitant to buy a new console
      >so we are going to support our old products for another couple years and give you as much value for your xbone as we can
      >you can make a decision to upgrade after a couple years and you won’t miss out on anything until that point

Sony
      >buy our new box if you want new games you dumb diverse folk

Imagine being a consumer and thinking option 2 is better. Imagine being happy that you get less value from your purchase.

Anonymous

When has Sony's message ever been the later? More infamously it was xbox marketing that said to an American vet, Xbox One requires online, don't have access on deployment, Lel we have a product for that it's called the xbox 360. Microsoft dick slapping it's players will always be remembered not this bullshit messaging you make up about Sony.

Anonymous

Xbox only ever needed one exclusive

Anonymous

You dont understand, anon. Microsoft got addicted to losing and they just cant help themselves.

Anonymous
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.