Oh wow, this "MASTERPIECE" got forgotten so fast, it’s not even funny.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Oh wow, this "MASTERPIECE" got forgotten so fast, it’s not even funny.

• This topic has 78 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Oh wow, this "MASTERPIECE" got forgotten so fast, it’s not even funny.

Anonymous

It’s ok it sold really well on playstation despite your racism and bitching.

Anonymous

it really didnt

Anonymous

playstation owners are mostly blacks so yeah it’s the target demographics. also, why you think i’m racist?

Anonymous

Black girls are only ugly when they’re obese and have big lips.

Anonymous

So, when they have dominant black genes?

Anonymous

Yes

Anonymous

Holy magoly

Anonymous

make up so heavy she turned into a pajeet

Anonymous

sauce pls

Anonymous

way too thin.

Anonymous

SNU SNU

Anonymous

Gonna need a name

Anonymous

black girls should be required by law to keep their natural hair

Anonymous

>"racism"

[…]

Anonymous

how many units

Anonymous

Yes… Deathloop totally flopped because of 4chin racism and not because it’s a massive piece of shit hiding behind its tokenized black characters. Bros, I never knew we had such power, FUCK.

Anonymous

I bought it on PS5 after really enjoying Dishonored and PREY, it was alright. Should’ve been a bit more like HITMAN with more options as to how you could kill all the targets. The AI was terrible at detecting you in stealth, but the powers and shooting were fun, as was the mutiplayer. It was also a bit short.

Anonymous

seriously, what’s there to discuss? obviously you didn’t play the game so you are just stirring shit up, and no im not defending the 10/10 reviews, it’s a solid 8.5

Anonymous

okay you’ve said what you wanted, now go back to le ddit

Anonymous

been here longer than you election tourist

Anonymous

I don’t give a shit about politics but the game’s just really disappointing.

Anonymous

>roguelikes

Anonymous

It’s good but not great. It’s forgotten because it has no replay value and doesn’t leave a lasting impression. Let me give my impressions.

>Pros
      Multiplayer, when it works, is great. The cat and mouse game of invader and hunter is super compelling and easily adds the challenge and planning that the base game AI lacks. The predictability of the static maps goes out the window as soon as another player is there moving around the proverbial dominoes so you can’t guess how they will fall anymore. Invading feels more like a fun challenge than an annoying hindrance because you do get a significant home field advantage as the player against the invader and the rewards
      Sound design is excellent and you can easily identify direction and distance of a character by the sound of their footfalls, which ties in heavily to the multiplayer.
      The style of the game is super interesting and the hot jazzy music, colorful locales contrasted against the arctic environment, and slick retro futuristic 60’s tech makes for a neat place to explore.
      The gunplay feels good, even dual wielding, and for once there is no real punishment for inflicting all the chaos you can manage, but it still requires some planning or to be a fast and brutal hurricane of violence because both you AND enemies deal a lot of damage making combat quick and lethal with the constant risk of it spiraling out of control if you don’t land your shots or run out of ammo as you get outnumbered and have to retreat to change tactics

(Cont.)

Anonymous

>(Cont.)
        lies

Anonymous

>Cons
        lack of options in ways to approach the final loop is a big fucking slap in the face for a series and developer that usually values and facilitates player expression. Even within individual target kills their routines are super basic and sometimes they are even completely stationary in a single location.
        Game was way shorter than I expected and the things you can change within the loop by setting stuff up early and coming back later are really minor and heavily scripted. Was really hoping for a more clever use of the time loop than just making sure to hit every place at every time to explore it during certain windows. I can feel the diminished scope of this game when crunch and covid forced them to roll back their ambitions.
        Enemy AI is too dumb even after it starts ramping up and the only real challenge comes from invasions, but matchmaking is ass and the hunts are very one-sided because of Colt’s reprisals. Still, Julianna duals are fun and quick and brutal and you can tell a lot of the game’s sacrifices (low enemy count, small levels structured like arenas, limited and easy to identify weapons, plentiful scattered healing items) were done to facilitate it.
        The limit to two slabs is essentially only one because why would you ever give up the sheer utility of shift? And gun variety is a bit lacking too. The gun quality and jamming systems become completely irrelevant within a single loop once you get a good gun and infuse. And infusion is way too cheap and easy. You can almost always infuse every single thing you would want to on every loop.

>Overall 7.5/10
        Still a good game, but not one worth playing through again and with minimal lore or secrets to uncover and not enough challenge to inspire system mastery.
        There are absolutely things to complain about, but the core game is a lot of fun and worth a try, either on game pass or when it gets a big discount in a month like every Arkane game.

Anonymous

what was your thoughts on DH 1 vs 2 so I can properly judge your case

Anonymous

Dishonored One is a brilliant game with a great atmosphere, level design, good presentation of a simple story, and lots of player agency. I actually like the chaos system and don’t see it as a punishment but as another neat level of reactivity from the game. The DLC is also excellent.

Dishonored 2 has some great level design (for some notable levels anyway) and the expansions to the core mechanics are kind of nice, but the aesthetics, story, and characters all take a huge hit. I also don’t like how much they toned down the chaos system from the first game. DotO had one good level but everything that was bad about D2 is even worse in this one and the levels don’t even take advantage of the unique power set of Billy properly.

Prey was great and Mooncrash was way more interesting than Deathloop for a quick side project.

Anonymous

Based, I’ll give DL a whirl then

Anonymous

tell me your thoughts on another series of games from another random developer

Anonymous

It’s not about the gameplay or its themes anymore. What really matters is representation

Anonymous

And this is the reason why this game is so controversial here and you’re not allowed to like the game. It’s primarily black characters.

Anonymous

I really hope arkane bankrupt before they release that vampire looter shooter abomination.

Anonymous

Soon my brother

Anonymous

let’s hope Raphael delivers another kino, fuck nu arkane.

Anonymous

Literally vaporwave

Anonymous

>vaporwave
            sign me tf up

Anonymous

it looks dogshit
          I hope I’m wrong

Anonymous

I was a bit skeptical too when I saw the initial trailers and the isometric view. More recent trailers look more promising but I still don’t know how I feel about it. Colantonio was the heart and soul of Arkane though and I genuinely hope he’s able to make something magical now that he’s free of corporate oversight. You can just see how much working under Bethesda pained him in some of his interviews with the NoClip documentaries.

Anonymous

>Masterpiece
      It’s an 8/10 at best, if you’re willing to play around with different builds. I don’t know what game those journalists played but It wasn’t the one they released.

Anonymous

The constant "banter" is what made me not want to give this game a try, Colt sounds like he’s acting in a Marvel movie and he never seems to shut the fuck up, narrating everything that happens on screen.
      Shut the fuck UP I’m not retarded I can see what’s happening

Anonymous

AI is retarded
      poorly optimized for PC

Anonymous

MOGGED

MOGGED

Anonymous

Tales of Arise is the factual GOTY

Anonymous

Was it that good? Never really played much of the Tales games but it looked kind of neat. It’s not super …"Japanse trope" filled though, is it?

Anonymous

Well, it’s okay. Compared to garbage released this year it’s an actual masterpiece, yeah.

Anonymous

I forgot about it before it even came out

Anonymous

The huge delay relaly didn’t do the game any favors. There was some buzz and hype around it before the original release date, but pushing it back almost a year evaporated any help the heavy advertising did for it. Although judging by the buggy PC release, it probably needed all that time.

Anonymous

It’s an arkane game, they don’t sell a lot

Anonymous

I think Dishonored was literally the only one to get any real popularity at all. Which is a shame because I thought Prey could have been GotY material if it was a bit more polished on release.

Anonymous

Nah, botw came out that year

Anonymous

deathpoop

Anonymous

>It’s ok it sold really well on playstation despite your racism and bitching.

Anonymous

It’s a good or great one and done game, but the replayability is not there. If nothing else I appreciate it for being one of the rare instances where the protagonist is the most compelling part of the game. Julianna too I guess, but Kelley did a superb job with Colt.

Anonymous

sorry I have a medical issue where I can’t watch or play anything with diverse folk in it or I’ll die.

Anonymous

I feel like the exclusivity deal ruined the game.
      Microsoft probably urged them to finish it and start working on something else while being as silent as possible about the game, while Sony took care of the marketing.
      But I’m almost certain that corners were cut so they could move on.

Anonymous

I wish I could cut corners on a product and make a goty nominee, that’s crazy.

Anonymous

>IGN: 10/10 games are classics in the making that we hope and expect will influence game design for years to come, as other developers learn from their shining examples.

>God of War
      >The Last of Us
      >Deathloop

Anonymous

unfortunately tlou did influence games, like dad of boy and all the other sad dad beardemption shit

Anonymous
          Anonymous

>If the game’s not fun then why play it

Anonymous

shut the fuck up reggie

Anonymous

>Book can be fun by being engaging/making you think
            >Movie can be fun by being engaging/making you think
            >Music can be fun by being engaging/making you think
            >Video games cannot evolve beyond loud noises and high scores or they are not fun

Anonymous

>>Video games cannot evolve beyond loud noises and high scores or they are not fun
              did I ever say anything like that? I think you might be projecting a bit there

Anonymous

Videogames cannot be fun by being movies where you have to press play every couple minutes instead of once at the start

Anonymous

I cannot remember the last "muh playstation exclusive" game that was actually like this, The Order 1886 maybe?

Anonymous

I like my video games made by people who want to make a video game, not by bitter, failed hollywood hacks who despise gaming and are only in the industry because the standards are low enough they can pass off their bland and unoriginal ideas as some masterpiece.

Anonymous

>Cranking out a Hollywood reject script into a walking sim bad and uncreative
            >Cranking out the same platformer you have made since 1996 with added gimmicks good and creative

Anonymous

Every game is just pong with added gimmicks if you think about it

Anonymous

>yet another game with a black focus that sold poorly

Wow surely its gotta be some other factors or something can’t be just blacks an already minority exclusively play fighting games, cod and fifa and don’t really care about whitoid selfwank

Anonymous

Still waiting for it to go on sale for like 80% off.

Anonymous

Just like Remedy’s Control

Anonymous

Shitroid only came out a week ago and was forgotten even faster, tendie

Anonymous

>it’s not even funny
      How do you mean? it’s extremely funny

Anonymous

I get the feeling that like 3 people on Ganker have actually played this game and I see them make the same posts every thread.

Anonymous

I still have no clue what the game is about, from the very little I’ve gleaned from shitposts it’s just the pvp invasion stuff from dark souls but you have guns and spy shit
        Is there a "main" game or is it just that?

Anonymous

the pve is dishonored but with black people

Anonymous

PvE is kind of Dishonored in a time loop with 8 assassination targets
          Aesthetic is super different though and some people really like it while some hate it.
          PvP is just Dark Souls style invasions interrupting the PvE occasionally.
          It’s kinda cool. There’s a few gameplay vids on the steam store that explain it pretty well. Heard it’s still got performance issues though so I’m waiting to try it.

Anonymous

Make that four, I just finished it recently and had a good enough time, but it feels a bit lacking. The game has some interesting ideas but given how much potential the premise of an immersive sim style game with a time loop which alters levels could be, it ends up feeling like it largely just made a lot of concessions to try and make it more palatable to a general audience. It should have owned the fact its premise inherently led to it being a more niche title and just gone hog-wild – the best moments in the game stem from optional content where they could include stuff that would filter out most players, which should’ve just been applied to the game’s design philosophy in general.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.